[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you go out to eat if you have no intention of tipping...

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 13

File: No-tip.jpg (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
No-tip.jpg
96KB, 400x400px
Why do you go out to eat if you have no intention of tipping... Even if the service is great. Please, explain your thought process.
>>
>>742646878
I would tip the cook if I could. Handing me a glass of water isn't worth a tip.
>>
File: 1466464342185.png (155KB, 576x835px) Image search: [Google]
1466464342185.png
155KB, 576x835px
>>
$5 or 15% whichever is greater to start, then depending on the course of the evening i'll adjust based off service.

You can literally make zero conversation and keep my cup filled and i'll love you forever,

You wanna make conversation and leave me with nothing for a half hour, fuck that.
>>
>>742646878

Its not hard to bring food from point A to point B and keep your hands washed.
>>
>>742648723
often times thats not even done by the waiter its done by a food runner. guess who that tip goes to? hint: not the food runner
>>
>>742648884
well jeez, I hope SOMEBODY in your god forsaken industry washes their hands
>>
because I'm not your boss and therefore not responsible for your pay. I don't go around giving random people money for doing their job.
>>
>>742646878
If it says that a meal costs 50 bucks, then I will pay 50 bucks. No more. No-one should be forced to pay the waiters extra for doing their damn job.
I work with forestry, and you don't see anyone walking up to me and saying "hey, you did a REALLY good job taking down that tree, so here's a little extra money for you."
>>742649176
This.
>>
>>742649165
keep hoping
>>
>>742647721
Seriously?
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>742649378
What, does this idea intimidate you?
>>
>>742646878
>Even if the service is great.

$12 on a $43 bill... how did I do?

Great service, btw.
>>
>>742647721
lol okay, but also, the waiter has to tell me "hi, I'm serving you because I don't have any skills appliciable to real life" before the service begins, if etc... because you're a dumb peice of shit.
>>
>>742649176
/thread
>>
File: 1471966408782.gif (295KB, 700x704px) Image search: [Google]
1471966408782.gif
295KB, 700x704px
>ITT: A bunch of poor niggers justifying resisting a simple sur-charge for the dining experience.

If you say "that's horse shit, I'm just trying to get something to eat." McDonald's is up the street pal, here's a clue, you're going out to "Dine." Do not confuse this with eating, that's what you do when you make yourself a snack, take a look at a photo of your grandparents out to eat somewhere, your grandmother's wearing a dress, your grandfather's wearing a suit and a hat. The tablesettings aren't pewter and the linens are white. You went out for an experience you couldn't receive at home. If you want to shovel food into your fat uncultured face see yourself to the door.
>>
>>742649836
You must be high.
>>
>>742649986
and you didn't have to tip back then.
it was considered offensive or rude.
>>
Also I dare anyone who subscribes to this no tip crap to do so in front of anyone you respect or are looking for the respect of. Let us know how that works for you.
>>
>>742649986
I bet you're that bitch who spilled a glass of water on me at breakfast earlier today and gave me attitude when I didn't leave a digital tip.
>>
>>742649986
>>742649986
Lol stopped reading at "Dine"

goalpost moving faggot

pour some more water and beg for 12 dollars, or get a real job, dummy!
>>
>> Earning below $65k/yearly
>>742650104
>>742649836
>>742649378
>>742649176
>>742649284
>>
>>742648884
That's incorrect. Most often, if there is in fact a food runner at all, the waiter has to tip out the food runner/busser/bartender on a % of the total bill...not the tip. The food runners and bussers get a much higher hr/wage. So the waiter/server is literally paying to put up with you if you don't tip, BC they have to tip out runners/bussers. I know/agree that the system is stupid and broken...but that's common knowledge now, so stop being a cheap fuck. Or just stay home and cook.
>>
>>742650177
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn i work fine dining pal, we don't open until 3pm try again.
>>
>>742649176

Only in the U.S are people so stupid that they can let businesses convince them to pay their own employees, and actually feel bad if they don't....
>>
>>742650324
Can I fine dine on your tight butthole?
>>
>>742650324
>fine dining

you mean feeding overpriced food which literally becomes shit, to dummies who dont know how to eat at home?

congratulations, youre a fucking revolutionary.
>>
Now we can /thread.

>>742650249
>>742650223
>>742650104
>>742650177
>>742649836
>>Nighty, night Trump Cucks
>>
>>742650469
Don't eat out
>>
>>742650324
French toast is the finest of dining, my tired friend.
>>
test
>>
>>742649836
Kek
>>
>>742649556
As a server/bartender, that's good. Thanks. It's how we pay our bills.
>>
>>742649836
and what if said waiter is doing that job as a means of income while pursuing something greater. I paid my own way through college as an "unskilled" waiter. Shit's rough, I'll tell you that much. I'm beyond it now, but being a waiter is actually a tough job that does take some skill. Problem solving, good communication and hella good organization, to get your orders right are among a few, if those aren't considered applicable, I don't wanna know what rock you crawled out from.
>>
>>742649378
>>742649836
try tipping and not tipping and tell me you get the exact same service quality (while following the infographic)
>>
>>742646878
In my country the custom is to actually pay table waiting staff a fair wage so they don't have to rely on handouts of free money from paying customers.

>>742650429
100%. In my country people pay fair wages to table waiting staff so they don't have to beg for free money at tables.
>>
Because in Australia our minimum wage isn't set to that of slaves'. Secondly, it's your fucking job to wait a table. Why should you get extra money for doing it lmao
>>
>>742649176
So you think they took that job so they can serve cheap cunts like you and make less than minimum wage on the hour? If they don't serve you well, don't tip, or tip shitty, but if they do their job and even do it well fucking tip them, they're not busting their asses for free. And something everyone should know is a lot of restaurants take percentages off the waitstaff's sales to accommodate "broken glasses" and other bullshit. So if you're not tipping they're making even worst and server pay, which is less than minimum wage.
>>
>>742650479
>Nighty, night Trump Cucks
lol you're so upset
>>
>>742650637
If they expect free handouts and then complain/get salty when they don't get them, then they ought to find a different job.
>>
im a server at a restaurant. tips are retarded, but you shouldn't eat out unless you can afford at least 15% of your bill on tip. unless you truly feel that the person serving you didn't really do a good job, you should be tipping at least 15%
>>
>>742650613
third world is irrelevant here
>>
>>742650555
Your boss is supposed to pay you a wage you can live on. If he doesn't they

>>742650637
If they make less than minimum wage then the employer is breaking the law no?
>>
>>742650687
if you think you don't need service from a waiter then don't eat out
>>
>>742650785
I eat out coz i'm a lazy fuck who doesn't want to cook. Not some hard working citizen that has to then add +15% on to a meal I paid for just so you can bring the food from the kitchen. I tip 0%
>>
>>742650815
implying the US isn't 3rd world lmao
>>
>>742650861
If you think being a waiter is a good job with decent wage, then quit.
>>
>>742650861
Trust me, If I could get my own water and my own food, I would. Hell, If I could make my own meals, I would too.

>Oh wait, I do

fuck your dumb industry
>>
>>742650829

murica doesn't consider it a real job, despite having lobbying power in culinary unions.
>>
>>742650565
Now, if that waiter fucks your order up, and leaves you completely dissatisfied, by all means, don't tip, they obviously didn't do their job right. But if they busted their asses to give a good experience to you and 10 other groups of ungrateful bastards at the same time, and they succeed, some acknowledgement is owed... cuz guess what, you're not the only customer they have to handle, but they don't get paid by the customer except in the form of tips. They're getting paid way below minimum wage for other jobs, simply because it's government mandated that their employer doesn't have to, based on the assumption they'll be getting tips. Oh and something a lot of posts online don't mention, but I can tell you from experience. The law says that the employer doesn't have to pay the federal minimum wage, so long as the waiter is making enough in tips. If their tips drop below that much, the employer has to make up the difference... but instead, that employer usually finds a reason to fire that waiter. They could be the best server in the world, but if they don't get tips, not only do they go home with pennies of a paycheck, but they're constantly at risk of not having a job at all. I don't agree with the institution that's in place. Customers shouldn't be forced to tip if they don't want to. But if they're gonna go to a full service restaurant, they should at least understand the effect it has when they don't tip.
>>
>>742646878
I'm not your fucking employer. If you're underpaid, you should complain to THEM, or quit and find out how good you had it, you talentless dipstick.
t. A dishwasher at a restaurant
>>
>>742649836
spit ROASTED, now make it an infographic and itll spread, just like that other shitty one spread on fb
>>
Hardly any other countries in the world "require" tipping. You have the easiest job on the planet. I tipped a guy at Dennys a Naruto card once.
>>
>>742650989
"Busted" their ass? They bring a plate of food to your table then leave. Stfu. Stop making out like it's hard. It's probably hard because your boss is some capitalist american faggot who doesn't employ enough staff so you have to wait on a lot of people. Stfu and get a better job.
>>
>>742646878
>paying you to do the job you're employed by someone else to do

can't believe this is really thing in america. sort your shit out you stupid country
>>
>>742650981
Wow restaurant owners over there must be laughing all the way to the bank not having to pay staff because it isn't considered a proper job.
>>
>>742651128
America, where capitalist fat fucks make their customers pay their employees. #freedom
>>
>>742650613
because there's a difference between just taking an order then giving you food (which is what you get at a fast food joint), and giving a full service dining experience. You don't have to refill your own drinks, you don't have to clean up the table after yourself, you can just sit on your ass and have someone else do all the work for you. If you want cheap food, go to a burger joint. If you're gonna go out to an actual restaurant for the full experience, you should expect to pay more. The waiter's job is to take your order and bring you your food, nothing more. Everything else that's put on their shoulders is extra shit that people have come to expect, and when someone goes beyond their job description to give you the best experience possible, they've earned extra.
>>
>>742651092
youve probably never worked in a restaurant before, if you have such a sick job, why can't you afford to tip for your service?

if you don't agree with the principle of tipping, then why bother eating at restaurants and taking it out on the servers?
>>
>>742651170
yea no shit. the customer apparently has to pay their wage for them
>>
>>742651237
Because we're lazy and fat and don't want to cook or clean. Not because we want to support some kid's shitty wage so they can buy alcohol and drugs. Go get a real job
>>
Tipping servers or delivery drivers in the US is not something new. Bottom line is if you don't tip after receiving decent service you're a cheap asshole. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been in the service industry who remembered the people who don't tip. Even if they ordered first they went to the bottom of the list, last order to be delivered. Or if it wasn't busy I'd still wait and show up at the last second before I was late. Some people learned.
>>
>>742647721
The waiter/waitress should tell me before doing anything else that they expect a tip then. Why not just get both people's intentions out right from the get-go so there's no misunderstandings?
>>
>>742650159
They agree with me. The waiters/waitresses should be paid and not have to rely on tips.
>>
>>742646878
>tipping starts out as a way to let servers know they provided exemplary service

>tipping becomes something that is expected regardless of the quality of service

this is entitlement folks
>>
>>742651237
So do you tip they guy who changes your tyres in USA? What about the guy who sells you a cinema ticket? How about the guy who paints your house? Your car mechanic?
>>
>>742651353
>Bottom line is if you don't tip after receiving decent service you're a cheap asshole

I don't get this mentality. The whole point of a being contractually hired and having a wage is that you have to do your job and provide adequate service REGARDLESS of how much tip money you get. Welcome to being employed, bitch.
>>
>>742651353

why am I supposed to give you a donation for doing your fucking job?

Do you tip nurses for taking great care of you in a hospital?

Do you tip your favourite teachers in school?

Why? because they're doing a job and they're paid for it.

You want free money go on welfare or have a modicum of decency and beg on the street.
>>
Because adults shouldnt be doing a teenagers job.
>>
File: 1267327291753.gif (1MB, 100x75px) Image search: [Google]
1267327291753.gif
1MB, 100x75px
>>742651353
Easy.
>order food
>don't tip
>be in absolutely no rush to eat
>let little nigger/kike think their fucking up your life by being 10min late with your food
>get food
>win
>>
>>742650829
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the U.S. it's dumb. I agree...but everyone who lives here knows the deal. At least once a night I pay to have my balls busted by a table. People say "get a different job". I wish it were that easy, but it's just not. If it was, there would be no servers/bartenders...
>>
>>742651226
>dining "experience"

wow I had such a great "experience" when you refilled my soda that one time here you earned a 15% tip even though i still had to pay for the second soda
>>
>>742646878
Do a good job, and you'll get a little extra. You need to dance for me, you trained little monkey. That's how this is meant to work.
>>
>>742646878
Who fucking cares? If you're too poor to tip, stay inside.
>>
No, we don't just "bring food to your table and leave," we are making sure your fat ass gets the experience they want when they go out. We don't have to. We could just be monotone assholes with a piece of paper to write orders down on, but we aspire to be better than fast food.
All of you assholes complaining that serving is not a hard job have obviously never worked the industry at a restaurant worth a damn, and are salty they didn't make any tips. Ever wonder why most servers are between the ages of 18-24? Because we pay our way through college with that money.
If we do crap service, don't tip. But if we bust our ass dealing with screaming children, people finding imaginary hairs in their food in order to get a free meal, and a walk-in of 35 that "didn't feel" they needed to call ahead, I think we deserve a little something extra. At least in Ontario we're raining server wage to be minimum wage later this year.
>>
>>742651623
Faggot
>>
>>742651623
It is easy. Oh look, i'm not a waiter. Wait let me check. Oh yes, still true, i'm not a fucking waiter. Wait, what's that over there? A job advertisement? Lemme check... Wait yep, still not a waiter. Stfu. Don't give us 'My life's destiny is to be a waiter, now pay me atleast +15% the cost of the meal for doing nothing.'
>>
>>742651092
Okay, they take your order, they bring your food, they refill your drinks, if your food got cooked wrong, they go fix it. If you want to order more food, you don't have to wait in line, they're there to order that for you. They bring the check to you, they take the money and cash out the payment for you. When you leave, they clean the table for you and reset the table for the next customer. And guess what, they're simultaneously doing that for an average of 10 other tables, meanwhile doing other sidework like rolling silverware in napkins, deep cleaning fridges (and i mean straight up bleach cleaning), restocking ice machines, helping prep for the cooks, making coffee, keeping things stocked on their side of the pass bar, like going to the back walk in fridge to get shit for salad bars, refilling the salad stuff, and dressings, cleaning random shit their boss tells em to. They have to get every bit of it done, (and it's a lot), within a certain amount of time, or they're in trouble. But you only see, and are only capable of focusing on the few, tiny, simple things they're doing specifically for you, and never see all the things they're doing for you and everybody else backstage. Sure, foodservice seems simple as hell, but it's a tough, demanding job. I'm glad i don't have to do it anymore, because there's too many shits out there that DON'T know what goes on in the background and have zero appreciation for it, and how hard it is to do all that shit and still come to your table with a smile on their face and actually trying to make YOU happy. It'd be awesome if they were paid enough that they didn't have to rely on your tips to survive, but the world isn't like that. So unless you wanna eat at some roach infested shithole where the customer service sucks, the food is cold and the tables are dirty... tipping is not just a courtesy, but it's almost like a luxury tax. If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford good service, it's that simple.
>>
>>742651741
Bullshit. If you do a crap job I'll complain to your boss and he should discipline/fire your ass. You are employed to do a job. If you do it badly you're gone. That's how it works in other jobs
>>
>>742651741
Bitch, you make milkshakes at a coffee shop. You're lucky that when I pay in cash I leave my change because I don't like coins in my pocket.
>>
>>742651736
Says the poor waiter that accepted a job that pays less than the minimum wage then goes on 4chan and complains about it, instead of complaining to his boss or union.
>>
>>742651685
Better than the musty body odor that emirates from European waiters. Jesus christ, take a shower.
>>
>>742651523
Tipping people with those jobs isn't customary, obviously. You can always go eat somewhere that doesn't have servers.
>>
>>742651741
Just shut the fuck up and give me my food
>>
>>742651685
1) they don't make the prices
2) was your food shit? Did they get the order right? Were you happy while you were there? Then they did their job. THAT is a dining experience. If you're just going out for food... go to a fast food joint.
>>
Look, we get it. Employers have taken advantage of the tip situation to justify paying wait staff below minimum wage. It fucking sucks for you that your country allows a system that fundamentally rips off employees. I'll tip you because I know you need it because the system is broken.

But don't you fucking DARE start trying to justify tipping as though you DESERVE it. You earn a wage to do your job, you are therefore expected to do that job to the best of your ability REGARDLESS of whether or not you expect handouts. That's what employment is. If you doing your fucking job is contingent on getting handouts from your customers, or if you think that someone is "just a cheap bastard" if they don't tip you as though it is in any way reasonable to expect that customers should tip you no matter what (short of providing inadequate service) then you are an entitled little fuckwit with no world sense and you deserve to be wasting away in a fucking shitty job.
>>
>>742651955
It's nice that you took the time to type out the job description for your typical waiter/waitress. Now tell me, what exceptional "thing" they are doing to warrant additional pay?
>>
>>742651850
Lives with mom has no bills
>>
>>742652056
OR we can go to these places and eat and NOT tip. We get out food, and you get your wage. WOW, what a foreign fucking concept!
>>
>>742652063
Why do you faggots keep talking about this 'dining' experience? As if it's God's divine plan or some shit. We go to eat. Nothing more or less. STFU and bring me my meal you idiot, and stop complaining about your shit wage.
>>
Why is it I've never have a problem leaving a decent tip, but on the chance a woman wants to take me out for dinner and pays for everything she always tips like a nigger?
>>
>>742652063
So you expect to your customer to pay extra because you didn't fuck up your job ? That's ridiculous. No other industry works like that
>>
>>742652042
>emirates

and that's why you're a waiter
>>
>>742650249
Well some of us didn't get scholarships because we grew up in piss poor towns that no one cares about and so our dream job is really only a dream after all.

Fuck off, salary cynic.
>>
itt: poor sweaty virgin teens who do the bare minimum (i.e. food from A to B) but expect +15% for doing their job, and then complain in 4chan when they don't.
>>
>>742652285
Because if someone else covers the bill, then she is expecting you to AT LEAST chip in for the tip you tight fuck
>>
>>742652142
Why are you so fucking butthurt about it? Seriously? It doesn't affect you at all and everyone is fine with it but Europeans.
>>
>>742649836
t. silver platterfag
>>
>>742647721
Tipping exists only in the Usa because you have no balls to ask the employer to give you a better paycheck and not 3,5$ per hour. There is no point in tipping either since most of the times people spit in plates and stuff
>>
>>742652337
I grew up in a single mum family. I still went to university and got a half decent job without a scholarship. STFU. stop blaming us for your mistakes.
>>
>>742646878
>be last night
>hungry
>go to restaurant
>some autistic fuckwit is trying to make small talk insted of just doing his job and taking my order
>stuttering and shit
>literally only two tables in the restaurant and he fucks up the drink order
>keeps trying to talk to us while we're eating
>please fuck off and just let me eat your shitty food in peace
>>
>>742652071
The JOB is to take your order and give you your food, then make sure you pay for it. Then clean up after you're gone. Actually making you happy and enjoy your meal, making it as easy as possible for you to have a good time, that's not part of their job title. So by doing it, they have actually earned that tip. Now, if your experience sucks, then don't tip. But just keep in mind that the actual job title doesn't have anything to do with your happiness, only the money you pay for the food. Next time you have a great waiter, keep that in mind... they're doing it as much for you as themselves, not because they have to.
>>
>>742652335
Durr spellcheck

Suck my dick
>>
>>742652391
I'm not butthurt, because I don't tip. It makes me happy knowing how butthurt these 'glorified dinner servers' get though without their ridiculously generous tips.
>>
>>742652459
>most of the time
Where do you get your intel?
>>
>>742652463
What mistakes? I went to a university myself and am on hiatus because I C A N T A F F O R D I T
>>
>>742652391
You're fine giving people free extra money for not giving you crappy service? Lol. In Europe staff don't blackmail you before giving good service. It's expected automatically.
>>
>>742652463
Ever considered your problem is the country you choose to live in?
>>
>>742646878
Why do you give money away for service when every other business in the world is expected to give you good service, and they will give you good service anyway?
>>
I dont tip because I didnt hire the fuckers. Not my job to pay them they got employed
>>
>>742652528
Do you know what makes me and most customers the happiest? Not having to tip your worthless ass.
>>
>>742652528
ok dont do any of that shit tell me how long until youre fired.
>>
Because:

The broken system will remain broken as long as wankers continue to tip.

I have never received genuinely good service at a restaurant in America or Canada.

You can replace half of their job with a cased Ipad gaffer-taped to the table.

Every waiter/waitress I've ever known is a cunt.
>>
>>742650637
In my state, employers are not allowed to deduct pay for broken, missing, stolen anything. What kind of shit state you work at
>>
>>742652131
that exceptional thing? Actually managing to keep your ass HAPPY while they're ripping their hair out doing everything else. Like i said in another post, their job has to do with you and the money you pay for the food, not your happiness. But if they manage to brighten your day at all, or make your meal a pleasant one, they've already done more than is expected in their job description. If they've managed that while also maintaining everything else expected of them? Extra kudos, a tip would be a good way to show that you actually appreciate that effort.
>>
>>742652719
but muh freedoms. MURRRIICCAAAA
>>
>>742650565
Get the orders right?
Fuck, even a chimpanzee can tap boxes on an ipad
>>
>>742652558
You've probably eaten a lot of spit and cum, tough guy.
>>
File: offertory-plate.jpg (18KB, 244x163px) Image search: [Google]
offertory-plate.jpg
18KB, 244x163px
any religionfags here? how much am i suppose to tip Jesus? From some quick research, 10% of your income seems to be standard. I ask because im going to church with my gf and her parents today, dont wait to make a bad impression by giving too little or too much.
>>
>>742652768
We don't need you to keep us 'happy'. We're happy just getting our fucking food in a reasonable time, and not messing up the order. iPads at sushi restaurants make less errors then waiters. If you expect +15% for your service, I'd rather just wait myself.
>>
If all we (servers) do is bring you a plate of food - Then who do you think polished your silverware and glasses, stocked the shelves with everything from sugar packets and ketchup to cases of food and drink, cleaned your table and chairs, vacuumed the restaurant, cleaned up after your shitty kids that you have no control over because you're a worthless excuse for a parent, acted out a Broadway musical called : 'Pretend these people aren't worthless maggots and treat them with respect and dignity, regardless of what they look or act like,' managed all your special requests and gluten 'allergy,' and then paid the bartender and other staff a percentage of YOUR bill because that's the way shit works?!

Yeah, just bring the fucking plate. Right.
>>
>>742652131
It's not "additional pay". If you live in the U.S. you know goddamn well that it is their "pay". Don't eat out out if you don't want to pay.
>>
>>742652799
Yes. but no one tips me for it!!! Maybe I should start an uprorar
>>
>>742652231
It's not my shit wage anymore, I actually own an IT company in northern VA. But dining is an experience. If you're only going out to eat, why not McDonald's? At least there you get your food and don't have to wait for refills cuz you can get em yourself right? When people go to an actual restaurant, they're going for more than just the food, whether they realize it or not.
>>
>>742652878
don't give anything cuse it doesn't go to Jesus it goes to the man preaching for filthy lucre
>>
>>742652878
I know this is b8, but we can at least say it isn't a Jesus tip. Offerings help pastors because it's a very poor-paying job.
>>
>>742652751
you're not making some grand statement by not tipping a server, all you're doing is making sure they have a shitty day and walk out with less money to live on. If you're 20 and serving, it's because you're working towards something. if you're 40 and serving, yeah, something's wrong there. The system won't change because of one cheap ass who wants to save the extra $6
>>
>>742652928
Yes please. hurry up. Also don't expect a tip for it, kthx <3
>>
>>742652928
So you do all that shit for free? Wow. You're some kind of idiot
>>
>>742652941
No
>>
>>742652768
My biggest complaint of wait staff is that they aren't professional. If they spent more time checking my table and accurately writing down my order, and less time making small talk and commenting on my fucking wine choice, I would be inclined to regard them with professional gratitude.

I don't need nice waiters, I need attentive waiters.
>>
>>742653019
Offerings buy religious leaders big fucking compounds of houses to live in.
>>
>>742652964
Ever considered people go to restaurants for the chef and the food? No one goes to a restaurant for the fucking waiters. Give the tips to the chef! They're the ones doing the actual work.
>>
>>742652616
Neat. Are you always angry that the USA is a better country than yours or is waking up a reminder enough?
>>
>>742652941
This is true
>>
>>742653029
I don't care about making a fucking statement, I just don't care about you and your shite income.
>>
>>742653019
It's not a job you idiot. Priests don't become priests for the tips lmao
>>
fuck your bitching for a second.

what about tipping cab drivers?
I hardly ever do.
Mostly because they're greasy pedo creeps.
>>
>>742652719
Look, I've worked in 3 different restaurants, ranging from a hole in the wall IHOP up to slightly more expensive places like Olive Garden, yeah, I know, not 5 star dining, but the point here is the same. When I worked at the IHOP, I didn't give a flying fuck. I'd just take the order and give the food, no smile, no thanks, no nothing, just give you your food and take your money. Guess what, I didn't get fired, they made me Assistant Manager because I was efficient... but I also made shit tips as a waiter because I had a shitty attitude about it. So yeah, the management doesn't give a fuck about whether or not you're happy, they just want you to pay for your food and leave so another person can sit where you were and get even more money. Your happiness is only a factor to you and the waiter you've got.
>>
>>742652878
Jesus doesn't give a shit, at least in my last catholic church
>>
>>742652896
so do it, nobody's stopping you.
>>
Tell you what. All the servers in the US will just go "get a better job" or quit after we "bitch to our boss" that we don't get paid enough. Or better yet, let's just force the restaurant owners to actually pay living wages to servers - then they can just jack up all the prices to make up the difference and.... CLOSE THE FUCK DOWN!

If servers don't get tips, there are no full-serve restaurants. Enjoy your Happy Meals, you miserable, ungrateful, fat fucks.
>>
File: 1267327807180.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1267327807180.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>742652928
>all you have to do is write down a simple order
>take order to kitchen
>bring food from kitchen to table
>try no to do anything autistic or retarded between the kitchen and the table

>demands tow wages, benefits, 3x overtime, long service leave every week and a $300k salary
>>
So to summarise:

1) Waiters, find a new job and don't complain when you accept a job that pays $3 / hour

2) Diners, continue to eat at restaurants and not tip kthx.
>>
>>742652928
This! Godbless you.
>>
I remember when I was broke as fuck but i wanted to do something nice for the gf. So I took it her to eat. The bill was like 48 after paying I offered a dollar in tip and this fucking beaner threw the fucking dollar back at me. Since then no matter where I go no one is getting tips. Ungrateful pieces of shit
>>
>>742653394

said the angsty adult waiter that thought he got a high paying job lmfao.
>>
no shit a waiter dose more then bring dishes every one knows that and even you should have known that when you got your job what pre 1950's job descriptions have you been reading, its still part of youre fucking job stop acting like you deserve more for the simplest shit washing dishes and whipping down tables and i dont know not being autistic with costumers are simple skills.
>>
It's a tough ass job. Stand out back smoking most of the night and playing grab ass with the rest of the staff. Work 5, maybe six hours a night. Free food, always pot around, get off any nights I want, always young waitresses to go out to the bars with after and fuck around with. Average check there is 150-200. Complain my ass off if I don't make 100 bucks or more an hour. Listen to my friends with "real" jobs like medics and teachers complain, knowing they don't pull nearly what I do and we deal in cash so I don't have to declare most of it on taxes. Don't tip. No one in the industry gives a fuck. We'll mock you a bit after you leave and forget all about it in 20 minutes. You can go back to your super awesome "real" job.
>>
>>742653441
yup
>>
>>742653211
>>742653140

I'm not talking about priests, I'm talking about preachers and pastors and such. The former being Catholic, the latter being protestant.

Of course, I'll agree that priests are corrupt and roll in the dough. Catholic churches are a business.

Protestants are a different matter, especially baptists and pentecostals.
>>
>>742653074
You do have a very fair point, I'll agree. In a lot of establishments, especially higher dollar ones that actually serve wine like you've mentioned, pandering to you is something they're trained to do. I doubt the waiter actually gives a shit what wine you choose, but with a manager watching over them practically expecting them to kiss your ass in hopes you'll buy even more...

Yeah, I get your point. I always prided myself on being an attentive waiter, in my post-IHOP days. I didn't bother with too much small talk, unless the customer initiated it.
>>
>>742653394
No. If noone gave tips then restaurateurs would be forced to pay a proper wage for waiters in full service restaurants... Just like they do in the rest of the world.
>>
>>742653394
Where u at?
>>
>>742650637
Form a union, protest, either way just get your employer to pay you fairly. It's not the publics fault you make less than minimum wage, take it up with them not us.
>>
Guys guys! I just interviewed for the job and got it! My employer is paying me $x/hr to do my job as best as I can! WOWWWWWWW. Jeez, I wonder if I should complain if I don't get $100s of tips a night for doing my job.... hmmm
>>
>>742653484
Serves you right, that was almost not tipping at all you cheap bastard
>>
>>742653571
Religion doesn't exist.
>>
>>742653143
The chef cooks the food, but the waiter is the one who checks to make sure it's cooked correctly to order, and has to deal with the chef's attitude if they have to correct it. Waiter's are the middlemen between you and a know-it-all chef... even a fucking pancake cook
>>
>>742653061
My gut tells me you're a nignog. My heart forgives you.
>>
>>742653143
This
>>
>>742653316
congratulations you didnt annoy the customers and just did what was expected from you if only every other ass hole would get that.
>>
In every club I've ever worked at, Usually as a porter, once as a bartender, The wait staff are the worst cunts employed, and they do the least actual work. Bartenders do the most, porters are busy as shit but its all really easy, just constant busy work really.

Every club I've ever worked at gave an "equal share" at tip out. We actually gave the waitresses about half as much as the rest of us.
>>
>>742647490

This.
>>
>>742646878
Because I live in a country where waiters have a better salary than mine...
>>
>>742653612
and here in our blessed murica, that would mean one thing... higher prices on the foods. The only reason why shit's cheaper is because they don't have to pay their waiters as much. So one way or another, you're paying the money. Want us to get a fair wage on our paycheck and leave you alone concerning tips? Expect higher food cost. That's the sad truth to our economy.
>>
>>742650223
Lol, this. Since when is eating at a restaurant an experience? Dine? Fuck off.
>>
>>742650555

You are a stupid subhuman trash and if you don't realise how tipping hurts you as a server/bartender, then you have no right to say/comment/ have an opinion about anything of any importance.
>>
>>742651360
Telling someone directly that they expect a tip is crass, however posting a sign above the door and seating area would solve this problem. However, all decent Americans understand tipping.
>>
>>742653659
Eh probably but I was broke I literally handed this man my last dollar. It was more his fucking attitude about the matter but whatever. If you want to tip motherfuckers for doing their job, by all means
>>
Because I'm not a fucking American, that's why. In my country waiters get paid a decent wage and big business doesn't try to guilt you into paying for the food and then paying again to replace the salaries of the workforce.
>>
>>742653689
This is ambiguous b8 here.
>>
>>742646878
>Why do you go out to eat

Because I go out to eat. I don't go out just to pay other people's over-wage.
>>
>>742653809
Waiter at a club... Because so many people go to the club to order food? Hardly seems a good example to make a case about waiters generally.
>>
>>742653898
That's the way it's supposed to be, and they way it is in every other business. The cost of service is included in the price paid. I don't have to put up with my car mechanic making unnecessary annoying chitchat because he wants a tip to be able to feed his family. It's demeaning for him and annoying for me.
>>
>>742653962
Okay, then it's this simple. If you just want your food and for the waiter to leave you alone, tell em from the start that's exactly what you want, and that you're not gonna tip. That's exactly what you'll get, nothing more, nothing less. But if you're gonna sit there and let this person practically pamper you while you're eating, and don't have any intention of tipping, or forewarning you before they waste their efforts... You're a piece of shit. The waiter deserves to know what to expect from you as you deserve to know what to expect from them.
>>
I was working in a kitchen.Servers are bitching about tips all the tyme. Insulting costumers behind their back because "tip is too low". I didn't even get a tip, busting my ass off in the shitty kitchen with everyone's special requests to try and get a tip. Literally getting double my salary for half the work.
>>
>>742654217
Tons of cunts sit at tables and order drinks you dumb cunt.

They stock napkins and coasters at tables, take orders for drinks, bring drinks, and clean less then everybody else when the club closes.

Wait staff are disliked by everyone else universally.
>>
>>742654286
True point, yes. I just wish more people understood that the only reason their food wasn't double the price, is because the server is paid less than half minimum wage. I'd LOVE for waitstaff to be paid a minimum of 7.25 an hour, which I believe is the current minimum wage. But it's a sad truth that they're not, all to give the customers the illusion of inexpensive food to lure them in. At least at McDonald's you know what you're getting. It's shitty food at a cheap price, but there's no waitstaff overhead begging for tips. I don't like the system as it is. And yea, I'm the IHOP / Olive Garden dude who's been bitching so much. I agree with you, but people who want to be pampered, but still give the finger to their waiter... they don't deserve the service they get.
>>
>>742653484
BC it cost that "beaner" atleast $3 out of his own pocket to serve you...due to tip outs. And, by virtue of the fact that your "special night" cost a whopping $48, I can tell that you're a real classy motherfucker. She's a lucky lady. Can I convince you to marry my mom and sister instead? I can offer a dowry of 8 WHOLE dollars. Think it over.
>>
It's optional, I've only tip 1/4 times, and thats places i return to. This is not hard to understand
>>
>>742654287
Or I can just tell them I dont want to talk every thing else is expected.
>>
>>742654396
Difference between a club and a restaurant. For one, the drink to food ratio.
>>
>>742646878
They get paid is why
>>
If anything servers deserve tips for having to deal with shit customers. Most people are decent, but there are some real shit heads out there. No matter what you did, how hard you try, if they got exactly what they ordered, they're still gonna find a way to ruin your day. And you're supposed to smile, and be nice to these people when you're fantasizing about grabbing a knife from the kitchen and stabbing them lots of times.
>>
>>742646878
Because I found out that they are required to give all tips to the employer and the employer decides how to distribute the money.
>>
>>742654658
If it's expected, then a tip is warranted. I've said multiple times, the job description is take your order, give you your food, take your money. Nothing more. If you want more than that, like refills, or sending the food back to fix it if the cooks fuck it up, or any other shit that doesn't fall into those 3 things... order, food, money... then it's extra work that doesn't fall into your no-tip zone.
>>
>they aren't busting their asses for free
>tip them
No one busts their ass for free. I would rather go to the kitchen and grab my food myself than pay the dumb pieces of shit a percentage of my bill As a tip.
Whoever introduced this system is a fucking genius, forcing the customers to pay extra and saving themselves the money. Thank fuck I'm not from America
>>
If our waiter tipping system in the US seems antiquated, that's because it is. It derives from the old West.

Men's who's prospects didn't produce (couldn't find gold) would find themselves broke. They would hang around at hotels and act as couriers and go betweens for wealthier men who came to order food or drink.

These wealthier men would not need to find the cook to order, if they finished their drink this person would make sure it was promptly replaced, if their steak came out burned or overcooked the waiter would argue with the proprietor to get it replaced.

They were not employees. They had no salary. They worked for tips. They acted as advocates for other people. This is the origin of waiters being paid in tips in the US. Later employers took advantage of this convention to cut costs for their restaurants.

If you eat out in the US, you must tip. It is a social contract. Unless it is absolutely abysmal service. When I travel in other countries where the servers are paid actual wages, it is not necessary to tip, and everyone is aware of it.
>>
>>742646878
Why would I tip the waiting staff? They literally only bring the meal I ordered from the kitchen where it was prepared by the cook. What's their part in it? Carrying a plate from point A to point A, which somehow makes them entitled to a reward, an extra few bucks as if they're not wagers like many others who can't even dream of getting tips?
Why don't couriers never get tips? They also carry your package from point A to point B, only taking a considerably longer route, compared to the literal walking distance waiters need to cross. Why don't newsstand workers get tips? They also hand you stuff.
The only reason I can think of is that by tipping waiting staff I maybe raise chances for my food not to be spat into (or worse), which is basically a blackmail, and somehow I'm a bad guy in all that? Fuck you, I'd rather cook my own food at home.
>>
File: 4449897112.jpg (4KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
4449897112.jpg
4KB, 100x100px
Tipping is such a foreign concept for me. I thought only Americans were dumb enough to be okay with not getting paid by their employers but force the customers to play EXTRA MONEY to them, but turns out I've got some neighbouring countries (atleast in their capital cities) enforcing this bullshit. Thanks for that, yanks.

Over here, if you order food - you pay for that food. The guy or the chick who brought you food gets paid by the person who hired them.

That's how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>742653639
>servers
>willing to put in effort to improve their lives

Pick one.
>>
>>742654868
or I could not tip and get all those things anyways nothing unlawful about it.
>>
If you dumb niggers had decent jobs you wouldn't even be concerned about tipping. If 5 or 10 dollars is what triggers you, bad news jew, your life's the problem, not theirs.
>>
>>742653898
>Expect higher food cost.

I fucking do pay higher cost for the food as is today. An honest price for the food (=what it really costs) would be more honest than this blackmailing that goes on today. "If you don't pay the price for the food, + good tip, we'll gonna spit in your food." Let me tell you, I spit on your fucking tip, and when not tipping, I smile to the waiter as evil as I can. Fuck you, blackmailers.
>>
>>742654910
Thank you!

>>742655038
So cook your own food and read up in the thread at what waiters actually do, while you're eating it.
>>
>>742655136
At least I've never put a tip inside my body
>>
>>742646878
Professional begging.

ROFLMAO.
>>
>>742655102
Nothing unlawful about it, no, but it's a dick thing to do. Also keep in mind that if you return to that same restaurant, that waiter, and any of his fellow waiters who saw it, are gonna remember you, and your service the second time around isn't gonna be near as good. People remember their shitty tables way easier than their decent ones. And they talk, and share, and warn eachother. We had a few folks that were so shitty towards our waitstaff with demands but would never tip, that nobody wanted to take the table, so the people sat, and sat and sat, and LEFT, because they had been such shitbags that nobody in their right mind would serve them.
>>
>>742655400
hello manager
>>
>>742651306
top shelf kek
>>
They already get paid. I dont see construction workers... It guys etc getting tipped
>>
File: 1501180547335.jpg (100KB, 684x708px) Image search: [Google]
1501180547335.jpg
100KB, 684x708px
>>742650576
I honestly don't care about my "service" at all. They could show me where the cups/drink fountains are (or just have them openly available) and ring a bell or some shit when my food is ready so I can go pick it up.

Oh, like a shit ton of restaurants do.

I go to places for their food choices, not their service. I don't give fuck all about having a server. It's a useless/pointless "job". I'd tip a chef for great food, maybe, but not the middleman who moves it 10 feet from the kitchen to my table. No, when I "eat out," it's a choice completely based on the food they serve, and I would happily do the waiter's job for them if it meant not tipping. It's not hard.
>>
Tipping is not a custom in Finland.
>>
File: Cmosffr.gif (324KB, 401x353px) Image search: [Google]
Cmosffr.gif
324KB, 401x353px
I tip only the ladies
>>
>>742646878
Because I'm a poorfag who can't afford to tip
>>
>>742655773
can't afford to tip = can't afford to go out
>>
>>742646878
one day im gonna tip a random chick like 3000 dollars
>>
>>742655846
not if you have enough for the food but not the tip
>>
>>742655565
They get paid a livable wage, waiters don't. If you get rid of tipping the cost of the food will go up.
>>
I pay for food, I don't pay your salary, fuck off
>>
whole lot a poor people itt
>>
>>742655846
So your telling me I'm not allowed to eat out just because your boss doesn't want to pay you. Yeah fuck that If I can afford the prices on the menu I can eat out
>>
>>742655626
honestly, i'll never understand how some people have the guts to do some lazy halfass work that comes down to literally walking up and down carrying a thing or two that's not too heavy, and calling it a job
and to top it all, they even expect, no fuck that, they demand to be tipped
shameless parasites fuck 'em all
>>
File: 1e4d784d-i-should-have-known.jpg (91KB, 700x803px) Image search: [Google]
1e4d784d-i-should-have-known.jpg
91KB, 700x803px
>>742652459
>3,5$
$3.50
>>
>>742647721
Or maybe the restaurant could pay its employes enough money so they dont need to make a living of off tips?
>>
>>742655136
Okay, so let's do math here... say you go to Denny's and order nachos. Okay, in my area that's gonna be 9 bucks. So, you're paying for the tortilla chips... which, well, at my Denny's, they weren't store bought chips, we made the chips ourselves (yeah, the waiters) So we'll say 1 dollar... then you add the chili, most likely out of a can... 1 dollar, now, the cheese... sadly, the cheese is somewhat costly at some restaurants, so we'll say 1.50. Jalapenos and/or Pico... fresh chopped shit, done by the waiters on prep... 1.50. Okay so far we're up to 5 dollars. Now, let's factor in that there's a cook making em, a dishwasher cleaning your plate afterwards and a manager on duty... 2 bucks for the manager, one for the cook, one for the dishwasher, since they're paid actual wages and not tips... well, we've just calculated the whole cost of your nachos... but wait... what about the server? Where's their pay coming from? Oh... wait, let's factor in their pay... okay now your 9 dollar nachos are 10 dollar nachos. Let's multiply that, you've got 5 people in your group, each person wants their own order of nachos... now your previously 45 dollars worth of nachos is 50 dollars of nachos... Let's be honest, it's gonna be the same whether you're paying 45 dollars for nachos with a 5 dollar tip to a waiter who just made it so you didn't have to do shit but sit there, nachos, drinks, and all... Or, if you just pay 50 dollars for the same service, but without some nervous "omg i gotta make this guy happy" waiter who's gonna bug the shit outta you because that's what they're told they have to do, or they don't eat tonight. Food cost in both cases is the same either way. But with the tips system in place, you're either A) Being tricked into buying the food at a lower cost, with the understanding you're probably gonna tip your waiter. or B) by not tipping, you're ensuring that someone who just did more than what they're paid to do is getting fucked.
>>
>>742646878
Because. Do you also tip the gas station attendant when you buy a pack of gum? No. Tipping should be if you feel like it, if you have gotten some sweet pussy that day and you saved a couple of bucks on your power bill. If you want spare change then become a beggar.
>>
>>742655474
A lot of times, with shit customers, the managers will just tell them to fuck off, taking the side of the servers. Sorry to burst your cheapskate bubble, but unhappy servers are inefficient servers.
>>
>>742656105
I'm sure it pales in comparison to the life changing work you do when you're not on 4chan
>>
>>742655947
>>742655846

I have enough for both the food and the tip. More than enough. And yes, I pay for my food. Also yes, I can easily afford to pay 20-30% tip, if I want. But no, I don't want to do that. I'll rather order one more drink or whatever, and then not tip.
You don't tip the cashier in your shop, the busdriver, or the guy who cleans ste streets, do you? Well, I don't tip waiters either.
>>
>>742656145
not him, and i also use the $ sign "correctly", but i'd like someone to explain to me why is it placed before and not after the digits?
inb4 google it, too lazy for that
>>
>>742655962
>cost of the food will go up.

Cost for visiting a restaurant is already up, thanks to that shitty tip.
>>
>>742656092
Basically I'm saying, fuck that attitude. You're expected to tip
>>
>>742646878
Because tipping isn't really a big thing in my country (England) and I'm poor so I only go in to buy the meal. A lot of the time the waitresses / waiters are mediocre so I don't feel a strong bond, need, or obligation to tip especially since here they earn a pretty high wage.
>>
It seems you're in a moral conundrum OP. I've had similar thoughts before. The time came for decision making, though. Do I:
>usually tip like a drunken sailor that hasn't seen land in months to make up for all the greedy bastards that came before me or
>bitch at people on the internet
It shouldn't be hard to figure out what I picked, and this shouldn't be hard for you either.
>>
1. I paid enough for the meal
2. It's the restaurant's responsibility to pay their waiters, not mine.
>>
>>742656292
Some people have jobs that takes skill. Carrying a glass of water from point A to point B isn't skill
>>
>>742656238
Okay, on another note... do you tip your delivery driver if you order a pizza? Cuz guess what, they make the same bullshit wages as a waiter, and they're not just taking your pizza from point A to point B, but they're actually spending their money on gas to do it. There's no reimbursement there... and waiters do more than pizza drivers do, it's just unseen.
>>
>>742656242
never tip and never get shit for it so maybe youre right.
>>
>>742649986
Dining experience... go fuck yourself. I guess the glass of water i drank this morning was pure gourmet as well. Retarded cunt Word manipulating garbage
>>
>>742656295
"And yes, I pay for my food."? No shit. Unless you're at a soup kitchen that's kind of the requirement dumb fuck
>>
>>742652792
see, calling people chimpanzees is considered rude and what we call BAD service when you speak to a guest. I hope you can be more respectful when you're dealing with a table.
>>
>>742646878
15% for average, 20 for great. 10 for meh, 5 for bad. penny for fucking terrible
>>
Don't want to tip? Order your shit to go, come in and pick it up and leave. Everyone's happy
>>
>>742656486
Do tell the class your skill
>>
>>742656182
Where I think you are wrong is the same service. Sure if he is just bringing you nachos it's not going to differ much. But if you are eating a meal, where is the incentive for a now minimum wage employee knowing to give you half decent service.
>>
>>742650159
Conformist weakling
>>
>>742656292
i'm an electrician, so i think it's safe to say that my line of work requires a bit more responsibility perhaps why not
btw the next time i come by your house to fix something, i expect a tip - you wouldn't want me to spit on them wires now, would you
>>
>>742656475
But if it's the restaurant's responsibility to pay their waiter, then it ends up being yours too. The restaurants would have to charge you more if they were to factor the waiter's wages into the food's price. So either way, the waiter's, the cook's, the manager's and the dishwasher's pay is your responsibility, and the restaurants, BOTH. You just get to skimp out on part of that deal with cheaper food if you don't tip. Doesn't mean it's fair though.
>>
Tipping is like the dumbest concept ever
>>
>>742650159
i already do
>>
>>742656708
I think so too
>>
>>742656182

All this comes down to one thing, and one thing only. I can easily pay the 50 dollars as in your example. BECAUSE THAT IS AN HONEST PRICE; NOT A BLACKMAILING DEMAND!
>>
>>742650315
Your logic sux cox n dix. If the meal cost 20bucks you dont pay 30 for it
>>
>>742656657
Less pressure, less stress, less worries = happier waiter = better service, same as any other industry that has fair pay.
>>
>>742656647
butthurt waiterfag detected
why don't you go get me a nice cold glass of water? try not to spill any on the way back or i might not tip
>>
>>742656678
If you didn't do a dumb ass job, I don't see the problem in tipping an electrician. Though spitting on the wires seems a bit daft
>>
>>742650159
people that i respect don't respect waiters
>>
>>742650565
Haha basic cognitive functions
> rough
Autism/10
>>
>>742656678
>spit on them wires
Kek
>>
File: 1501607419924.gif (449KB, 286x119px) Image search: [Google]
1501607419924.gif
449KB, 286x119px
>>742656145
>"correctly"
>refuses to research what he clearly knows is wrong
do you work at the white house?
>>
>>742656780
I do sales for a specialty welding rod corporation, I'm just not a cunt when I go out to eat
>>
>>742656182
Don't start a business. You suck balls on calculating. 2 bucks for the manager on each order of nachos? How many nachos are ordered daily? 500? 1000? 2000 dollars a day on the manager. Get the fuck off the planet.
>>
tip of my DICK
>>
>>742656760
But wouldn't that make the waiter more lazy and less inclined to give a damn about whether your experience was good? The sales industry is heavily based on incentive and performance because nobody would give a fuck to do more than the bare minimum if it wasn't going to make them anymore money.
>>
>>742646878
i don't wanna and i don't haveta
your boss should pay you, end of fucking story. issue with your wage? take it up with boss. issue with the fucking air conditioner not working? why not fucking tell the customers to take a crack at it
fuck you, don't want tips? It's a LITERAL ENTRY LEVEL JOB THEY GIVE TO 14 YEAR OLD GIRLS WHO CAN'T DRIVE THEMSELVES TO WORK, EVEN THEY CAN CARRY SHIT AND COUNT A LITTLE BIT OF NUMBERS
>>
>>742656958
>sales
ofc you're gonna act friendly to a fellow middleman
i wouldn't expect any less
>>
>>742656970
I don't know the exact numbers of what's what, but that is about the pay grade. Managers on average make double what everybody else does, and servers make less than half. If you were to give a server a fair minimum wage, that would increase running costs, and thereby increase the cost of the food to the customer. That's my point.
>>
File: 1fpxdl.jpg (23KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
1fpxdl.jpg
23KB, 547x402px
Tipping is charity.
Charity is for communists.
>>
>>742649284
thing is though, it only costs that cheap because the waiters aren't being paid as high. In most countries tipping isnt a thing. Staff are paid better and the food costs a little bit more. In the US though, waiters are paid little money, so someone trying to get a good income is very difficult in the US without tips. Tips are also unfair since sometimes tips aren't based on service. it may sound horrible but a black waitress can sometimes be tipped less than a white waiter because of an unconscious bias. and people sometimes because society deems it important to tip. The US should really get rid of tipping. Hell before the prohibition of alcohol tipping was considered bribery and undemocratic (or something like that). But when alcohol was prohibited from being sold, to cope with this sudden change, restaurants lowered the cost of food and gave the waiters less pay, and tipping was introduced. I come from Australia and tipping isn't even a thing.
>>
>>742657077
It depends on the restaurant. See, at that point, depending on the place, there might be OTHER incentives. When I was at IHOP, there'd be daily contests. "Whoever sells the most orange juice today, doesn't have to do sidework, whoever sells the least, does that sidework for the winner", or "Whoever sells the most T-Bones today, gets 20 bucks from whoever sold the least", shit like that. Things like that, with the tip system in place, put pressure on the waiters, but without the tip system, might actually be fun contests, as well as an incentive for better service, cuz if they can make you happy, they might be able to sell you more, but still be relaxed if it doesn't work because hey, they still get paid at the end of the day.
>>
>>742657258
Found trasher
>>
We don't do tipping. I live in a country where everyone gets paid a fair salary. If you can't afford to pay your employees, then you shouldn't do business in the first place.
>>
>>742657197
No, I'm going to take out my frustrations with my life choices on a 19 year old college kid while citing moral high ground. "Sorry bro, America has dumb tipping rules and you have a job I disapprove of, so I'm gonna hold onto this six bucks" Doesn't accomplish anything besides me having a extra few bucks at the end of the year.
>>
>>742651741
Uh im finer than fast food look at my pinky when i sip my tea
> gay
> bitter
Food is food. Learn to think you robot cunt
>>
>>742652335
Kek
>>
>>742651741
Yeah and I won't work that industry because I won't work for someone who won't even pay minimum wage
>>
>>742652459

In California servers have to be paid minimum wage + tips. At a decent restaurant this will almost always come out to a minimum of $15 per hour. On a busy night at an expensive place it can easily be $20 per hour in tips alone. I had a friend who worked at a Macaroni Grill in Orange County (he lived in the Inland Empire for those of you who are familiar with the area) and even though he worked every single friday and Saturday night and every single holiday, he was working usually 30 hours per week and was making well over $80,000 per year. He was a popular server and knew the business and knew how to cultivate regular customers and the times they would come in (and likewise the times that were not worth his time). Figure we had friends who were working in residential construction, busting their fucking ass every day making half as much as him.

A server can expect to make roughly double what someone working at Fastfood will make.
>>
>>742657236
Your point is shit. The minimum wage is 7.25 an hour. How many orders a waiter gets an hour? Let's say a minimum 4 orders.That result in a average price increase of about 1.81 dollars on each order. Now think about how many orders do waiters really carry and how little the price can raise just for your shit wages. And you still have the impertinence to ask 20% on each order. This is the reason you can't get a better job and end up cucked on it.
>>
>>742646878
Because I don't live in a third world country and everyone here gets paid enough to live on. Even scumbag filth unemployed bludgers get paid more than waiters/waitresses in burgerland
>>
>>742652878
Gime jesus every penny you have saved up. He busted his ass to give you a happy experience
>>
>>742652578
from literally everybody on the internet who has ever heard "i don't tip", they respond "but they'll spit in your food".
it's such a common thing that even your GRANDPARENTS believe it
>>
>>742657530
Compare fast food to a restaurant. There's a clear difference. On one side you've got a burger that was mass produced along with 20 other burgers on a greasy griddle, then sat in a heater for the next hour just waiting for you to come nibble on it with some fries.... y'know, after you sat there waiting on it for 10 minutes in front of the pass bar, then sat at a greasy table that someone probably stuck their gum under. On the other side you have a meal that was cooked fresh to your specifications and then brought directly to your table where you sit. Your drinks were refilled and brought to you. If you needed napkins, you didn't have to get up to get em, they were provided to you. Your table was probably clean, or at least should have been.

It's night and day. If your experience, and yes, it is an experience... unless you've had a lobotomy, everything that happens to you is an experience... if your experience was just as shitty at a restaurant as it is at a fast food joint, don't tip. But there is no "food is food" shit here. There's a thing called standards and quality.
>>
>>742652896
This. Noone, NOONE goes out to eat, only to have their ass kissed all night by some acne infected autist
>>
>>742657785
Good point. Even more reason not to tip. They make more than me even though I work harder.
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.