[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Settle an argument /b/ Is this flag racist?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 14

File: confederate-flag-1-1400x650.jpg (197KB, 1400x650px) Image search: [Google]
confederate-flag-1-1400x650.jpg
197KB, 1400x650px
Settle an argument /b/

Is this flag racist?
>>
No, niggers are racist.
>>
>>741559243
the flag is not racist, but the ideals it represents include racist thinking
>>
>>741559243
it's not racist in of itself, but has been used in the past to inspire fear into a race of people. Not to mention it lost the war so it's a losers flag.
>>
>>741559243
Fuck no, dude. It's about as racist as the American Flag
>>
>>741559243
I've always seen it as representing freedom and rebellion. Nothing to do with race.
>>
>>741559243
No but everyone who displays it is.
>>
>>741559479
>agreed a flag can not be racist
Is the swastika flag a symbol of racist?
>>
What it represents is racist
>>
>>741559604
>freedom>failed rebellion>cost many lives and pieces of art to be destroyed
>>
Eh, borderline traitorous like flying any other flag we went to war with. I've never met an intelligent person sporting one and living in Montana I've seen quite a few.

>Still being this mad you lost the war 172 later
>>
>>741559760
Every revolution ever is built on destruction including the American Revolution and the revolutions and civil wars that led to every single country and government on the entire planet.
>>
>>741559637
>swastika flag
First of all, that's not a thing
Second, the swastika itself was used by Asian religions well before nazis. Of course, that's not what you think about when you see it.
>>
Most people I have ever seen that use it are usually red necks or trash. Generally for southern pride or rebellion.

Personally I prefer the Gadsden Flag
>>
>>741559935
It's almost like someone used it to represent something really bad so no one uses it anymore?
>>
>>741559243
(((Racist))) is term invented by Bolshevik Jew Leon Trotsky (Lev Bronstein)

Why are you Cucks so concern with that far left bullshit?
>>
The flag itself is a cloth incapable of any thought at all-including prejudice. However it represents a nation who's economy nearly wholly relied on the slave trade and poor treatment of immigrants. The American flag represents a nation who has moved past exploiting it's own people and moved on to exploiting other nations. The USA has a pretty large amount of slave labor in the form of BS prison sentences coupled with labor in prisons so yeah..
Anyway it's shitty and not something to be proud of---all nationalism is dumb and we should probably try and realize that as a people.
>>
>>741559243
What I want to know is why is it that the people that fly this flag, are also the people to get mad when anyone else flies their country's flag (if they are not from the US)?
>>
>>741560000
I see your point
Also, checked
>>
File: 613.png (162KB, 360x458px) Image search: [Google]
613.png
162KB, 360x458px
Get over it you lost

#kekistan
>>
The flag itself is not racist, but it is insensitive because (right or wrong) it now represents slavery as well as the CSA. Just like the term "colored," it really depends on context. Fly it at a Civil War re-enactment? Good. Fly it at a Black Lives Matter counter-protest? Probably racist.

But it's definitely a flag of treason. No American should revere or fly a flag representing people who took arms against the lawfully elected US gov't and killed hundreds of thousands of US troops and civilians just because they feared Lincoln would make them stop owning and abusing black folks.
>>
>>741559243
>>741559637

Saying flags or symbols are racist is like saying words are racist. It's an absurd premise.

The reality is that racism is an ideology, and as an ideology it is based on indisputable facts that everyone is unique and different. The reality is that people are ignoring reality because the idealism that we're all equal is such a popular lie, but it is a lie. It's a fantasy that's evident with the most basic observation of our material reality.
>>
>>741560054
most the people who fly that flag are not of high intelligence to the point of not be able to identify their own hypocrisy. They are the same people who casually will tell you how to live or run a country but HOLY SHIT if you dare suggest anything about america, "you dont even live here so keep your opinions to yourself".

im not even joking, i dont think the people who do this have the mental capacity to identify just how dumb they are
>>
It's only racist if you want to be racist. if the confederate flag is racist, then the Ethiopian flag used by rastafarians & neo-hippies is racist, because it represents the mass murderer. emperor haile selassie
>>
>>741559243
Fuck off. If you follow the same logic to all flags/countries... your will realise that everything is racist even africa that sold slaves to arabs and europeans.
>>
>>741560020
>racism was made by races inferior to me
I wish I could fail to see the irony.
>>
>>741560289
lulz
>>
>>741560169
you got me.
>>
>>741560235
Fuck your ridiculous and idealistic nonsense, fool. The American flag is as much a symbol of treason against lawful government as any other flag. In case you missed it, every country and each of its new governments are all founded on bloodshed.
>>
>>741560235
>Just like the term "colored,"
Something that's been bugging me is why is it considered OMFG RACIST!!!1 to say "colored person" but peecee to say "person of color"? They literally mean exactly the same thing.
>>
>>741559875
>living in Montana I've seen quite a few
Jesus man I grew up in Alabama and at least they had the excuse that they were southern. If you fly this in Montana, 2000 miles away from confederate territory, it might as well be a swastika.
>>
>>741560235
>But it's definitely a flag of treason
No it isn't. If it "definitely" is, then so is every flag, including the stars and stripes.
>>
>>741560338
That is actually really, really funny.

But it is so true, his argument should be "Racism is ok because my race is superior" because saying "racism isn't real" is an immensely stupid argument.
>>
>>741560443
historical reasons.
>>
>>741559243
>Is this flag racist?

No. It is a symbol of the independence of US States. Banning that flag is a step by the empire based in Washington DC to erase the memory of the legal secession of the Southern States and Lincoln's insane and bloody civil war to drag them back into the "Union".
>>
>>741560408
The american flag represents rebellion against taxation without representation.

The confederate flag at best represents "I don't wanna pay no taxes, representation or otherwise" but it also represents "I like to own black people".
>>
>>741560578
Please elaborate.
>>
>>741560489
the stars and stripes was treasonous to england. the confederacy was treasonous to america. There is a difference.
If they had won, there would be no difference really (assuming they made their own country, which i think they were going for)
>>
>>741559482
it represents unwillibness to be represented by a corrupt government. said goverment has turned the image to racism. the north didnt start the war to end slavery faggots it was about tobaccoo and cotton money. but the pres can tell the fodder that. kek
>>
The flag is not racist.
The idea it represents does not involve racism
The idea oversensitive special snowflakes think it represents involves racism.
But in reality it doesn't represent that idea.
>>
File: 00.jpg (76KB, 598x449px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
76KB, 598x449px
it's racist because of its use during the civil rights struggle of the 50s / 60s. Nobody cares if it was used by those confederate faggots in the 1860s. The problem is that it was used by George Wallace and co. only 50/60 years ago.
>>
>>741560443
The correct term for a black person has evolved over time. "Black" was considered worse then "nigger" for a while, whereas color(ed) has typically ridden somewhere in the middle.

Colored, specifically with the 'ed' is associated with the "separate but equal" doctrine which is why its got a bad rap.
>>
>>741560474
I've lived in idaho and seen plenty of confederate flags up there.
>>
It's the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. A valiant fighting force of men who fought honorably and surrendered honorably there is nothing wrong with that flag.
>>
No its historic and shows people where one is from!!!
>>
>>741560681
im not defending it, but if during colonial america slaves were referred to as "people of color" and not "colored people", those terms would probably be switched today.
it's just about the association with the phrase, it's only negative. It's really have to remove a negative association with a phrase that's as widespread like that.

When words or phrases are systematically used to degrade or dehumanize people, getting those words or phrases back to a neutral connotation is pretty difficult, especially in the offended culture that exists today
>>
>>741559243
yes
>>
>>741559243
No. It's a flag. It's inanimate.
Also no. Race implies that some of us are not human.
Does it represent a group that is xenophobic? Sometimes.
Fuck off China Jew
Fuck off Russian Taliban
>>
>>741559243
Herr is the truth .. no and I'm black and live in Alabama.. its not racist. But 99%of the backwoods hics use it as a symbal of white power. They have truly disgraced that flag of rebellion and are it a symbol of racism.

Out before you call me a nigger you boys gotta do better than that
>>
>>741560651
You're so full of shit, it's hilarious. Listen to how idealistic you are about it. The confederate flag represents freedom and liberty, whereas the American Flag AT BEST represents "We the rich fucks want to control this country so we're going to pretend this 1% birtish tax is so brutal even though they invested everything in these colonies, we're going to revolt and kill all these young people to own this place."

fag
>>
>>741560602
You seem angry...140 years too late.
>>
>>741560737
>he north didnt start the war to end slavery
no one claimed it did. But the south defended slavery as a necessary evil in order to prop up their economy. Because you can bet your ass the "cash crops" were only such because labor was so incredibly cheap because of slavery. The entirety of the South's economy was being propped up by an enormous subsidy of free labor, and they refused to give that up (and rightfully so, since their economy was absolutely fucked without slavery)
>>
>>741561010
> I'm black and live in Alabama
damn what's the average life expectancy for you there?
>>
>>741560787
It represents the idea that it is OK to enslave the inferior race that is black people.

So yes it represents the idea of racism.

You may be ok with that racism, you may think its ok to enslave blacks, but the simple truth is that that flag represents the confederacy, the Confederacy stood for slavery, slavery is racist.

Transitive property bitch.
>>
It's creator. William Tappan Thompson actually stated it represented white superiority... besides it a flag of a losing army what there to be proud of anyway?
>>
File: you're retarded sperglord.jpg (31KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
you're retarded sperglord.jpg
31KB, 612x408px
If you don't think that flag is racist, you ARE a racist.
>>
>>741559243
It was good enough for the roof of them duke boy's car
>>
>>741561121
The USA, the UK, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch, all of the fucking world. stood for slavery
>>
>>741560408
>The American flag is as much a symbol of treason against lawful government as any other flag.
But unlike the confederacy, they won.
>>
>>741560955
Fuck off over privileged unproductive whitey.
Fuck off unprivileged nignog.
>>
>>741560889
Both Idaho and Montana are full of white supremacists aren't they? I'm in Washington now.
>>741561110
Alabama is full of blacks, anon. They're a majority in many regions of the state.
>>
>>741561313
>>741560787
Fuck off Italy Greek mafia pussyfags
>>
No, the flag is not racist. It is an inanimate object incapable of feeling disdain for people based on their race.
>>
>>741560474
"It's not about actually being southern it's about being a rebel man!"

"This way when Civil World War II (sic) the yanks will be sandwiched. Classic pincher (sic) maneuver"

"I dunno I just like it."

"Because they WON the Civil War retard!"

All real quotes from people I've met in Montana with Confederate flags flying in the bed of their truck. Almost all of them were put at ease if I said "Bet it keeps those fuckin' niggers away." and all of them laughed.

Again, this is all anecdotal from a small population in rural Montana. I was flown in to be a bean counter for a mining company. The education level is low and conservative values get passed down along with Christianity. It's just how it do.
>>
>>741561011
>confederate flag represents freedom and liberty

>Literally the biggest issue for the confederacy was slavery, which is taking away another man's freedom and liberty.

Ok buddy! Sure! You sure got me there. Yep....sure...
>>
>>741561380
>Both Idaho and Montana are full of white supremacists aren't they? I'm in Washington now.
Can't speak for Montana, but Idaho is definitely full of racists.
Also Mormons for some reason.
>>
Break it down people. Rich fag or p-poor fag? Thats ww3
>>
Originally no. It was a battle and country flag of succession.
Only until around 1920 it became a symbol of racism. And in the 60s it was finally set in stone as such.

Now stop bitching and move on.
>>
>>741561380
Not really, racism tends to stem from being in contact with the offending race and there simply aren't many blacks in Montana. They're just dumb.
>>
>>741561470
If you can't see that it's all smoke and mirrors behind every flag, then you're either brainwashed (military) or blindly idealistic for some other reason. All the buzzwords are just feel-good shit that means nothing.

They all represent madness and death and decay and destruction, in addition to everything else.
>>
>>741561280
DID stand for slavery. DID.

And if, today, there were waving around a flag that was raised in defiance of slavery being taken away, that flag would be a symbol of racism.

It is literally like saying a Nazi flag doesn't represent hatred against Jews. Does the flag stand for other things? Absolutely. Does it also stand for antisemitism? Again, absolutely.

You may agree with antisemitism, but that doesn't mean the Nazi flag doesn't represent antisemitism.

(and yes I think it about 100 years, in europe Nazis will be seen in the same light as confederate )
>>
>>741561635
You're in Zion, but you haven't gotten to the next level.
>>
>>741561581
Montanafag here, you must be talking about Missoula or somewhere in the valley because out here in the plains we racist as fuck.
>>
>>741561503
Hello
>>
>>741561430
It is real sad. The "best and brightest" from those areas who attend college end up taking remedial classes at first.
>>
>>741561503
Vlcan we do this peacefully or are you guys goin down dirty?
>>
>>741561430
That says a lot if they had to get someone to relocate to handle their books.
>>
Only racist people like it
>>
>>741561719
Nazis will be seen as the people who were trying to save not only Germany, but the European continent from the horrible low IQ peoples of the world.
>>
>>741561776
Hello
>>
>>741561747
u wot m8?
>>
>>741561635
2 eDgY 4 mE

We live in a golden fucking age and you don't even know it. Human happiness is so fucking high and wars are at such an all time low that any other time period is all recorded history looks absolutely barbarous by comparison.
>>
File: 1502156479412.png (138KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1502156479412.png
138KB, 480x352px
>>741561380
I'm a white person from Alabama, I can confirm this, theyres like two black people in my town but in the next town over they are the majority.

My town is full of Hispanics but I've never had any issue with any one really.
>>
>>741559243
The flag isn't concious. It can't have an opinion. Fucking retard.
>>
>>741561503
T.poorfag
I don't want everyone to die
>>
File: 1501177857293.jpg (501KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501177857293.jpg
501KB, 1200x900px
>>741559243
It's not racist at all.
>>
>>741561759
You have a lot of contact with darker shaded people?
>>
>>741559637
A flag is not racist.
nor is a car. or a plane, or a map, or any other inanimate object.

But the ideals which that flag represents, the people that support that flag?
They are racist, and in that it is a racist _symbol_, just like a burning cross. just like a swastika painted on a synagogue, etc.

Its perhaps of interest that General Lee, whose flag that was, refused to ever wear the uniform of the Confederacy after the civil war, and ordered that the flag be never flown. On his death he was not buried in uniform, and no officers from his military time were permitted to attend in uniform. He himself stated that with the defeat of the South, that flag was a symbol of treason.

shame people nowadays dont have his integrity.
>>
>>741562020
What towns are you talking about? I grew up and lived much of my earlier adult life in and around Birmingham.
>>
>>741561838
Just be slaves with us, let the Robots be the masters? Just for a few years
>>
>>741559243
Traitorous...yes, and represents those that supported the continuation of
slavery....so racist too...
>>
>>741562197
Then everyone can ride motor vehicles for fun.
>>
>>741561955
Sadly this is probably true. Humans have a tough time remembering when more then a generation has gone by (that is no living person to remember an event).

Media may actually buck this trend. It is easier to remember something when you have a video of it.
>>
>>741559312
YEAH! They should have stayed slaves right! MURICA!......retard
>>
>>741562015
I take it you don't live in Syria, Lybia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, or any of the other dozens of countries in the middle of insurgency, civil war, revolution, civil unrest, terrorist activity, etc. etc.

Just because the way your country goes to war means you can pretend you're at peace because your way of life doesn't change, doesn't change reality for the other people.

There's no shortage of war or suffering, and to say some bullshit like that is an indication of how isolated you are from the harsh realities of life. Things have only escalated in the past hundred years, and escalated dramatically.
>>
>>741562180
Collinsvile, literally the most boring town in this state, or at least this county
>>
File: Zika-chain-colored.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Zika-chain-colored.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>741562239
Nano thread
The greatest threat, or our only hope? As I laid in bed staring at electron micrographs of virus the thought occupied my mind, that perhaps virus are the only thing preserving carbon life in the universe.
It is possible that this universe is a simulation by a higher form of life that is attempting to exterminate carbon life from it's own universe.
>We need immortality
>We need to colonize mars
>We need to terraform earth
>We need to mitigate seismic instability
>We need better nuclear facilities
>We need better grand designers
>We need better air quality control
>We need better understanding of our drugs
>We need better surveillance
>We need better dentistry
>We need better simulations
>We need better vocabulary
>We need better traitors
>We need better goals
>We need better self awareness
~Further concern was raised by the successful recreation of the infamous 1918 influenza virus in a laboratory
>>
>>741559243
The flag itself cannot be racist, and (as Americans) flying it is a right. What doesn't help is idiots draping themselves in one before shooting up churches, small town rednecks flying it without so much as knowing who A.P. Hill or Stonewall Jackson was, and morons who think banning a flag will rid us of racism.
>>
>>741562505
We dont have telepathy
So telephony will have to do for now
>>
>>741561581
The offending race? Is that what Caucasians call themselves now?
>>
>>741562356
None of what is happening in these countries compares to the world as it was. Do some places have it better then others? Absolutely.

Is the entire world, as a whole, 100x better off then it was a hundred years ago? INCREDIBLY so. and 1000x better then 1000 years ago. And probably a million times better then 10000 years ago.

World peace is coming. Those are for the most part very small parts of the world, except Russia. And Russia is a whole hell of a lot better then it was under the Stalinist or Tsarist regimes.

You're nothing but an edgy teen who thinks the world is all war and misery.

Grow up and do some fucking research.
>>
>>741562095
Mostly Natives but they keep to their own. The blacks that live here hate niggers as much as we do, nigger is a mindset - not a skin tone.
>>
>>741562681
Cute. I look forward to seeing you screencap your post, posting it on your Tumblr, screencapping your Tumblr post and coming back to repost it here.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-09-12-45-06.png (157KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-09-12-45-06.png
157KB, 720x1280px
>>741563049
>>
Yup
>>
>>741563049
So is this some new cancer like "saging" a thread? Or is this implying samefagging?

Anyone got an explanation?
>>
>>741563152
What do you know about cancer brainlet?
>>
It's not a flag, it represents traitors who were all killed by the US Military.

It was never a flag, it will never be a flag, it's trash carried by deep south racists who fail to recognize that they lost miserably.
>>
>>741559243
No, the flag is not racist, the idiots who followed it are
>>
>>741559243
ITT: Stupid fucks who don't know the CSA had 3 different flags, this isn't one of them.
>>
>>741563201
Cancer - uncontrolled spreading of malignant material.

IE - Your mom should have aborted the cancer growing inside her uterus but it continue to sponge off her to this day,
>>
>>741559243
Flag isn't but what it symbolized is.
>>
>>741563080
Is that what you do? I don't even have a Tumblr...
>>
>>741563357
It is popularly used to represent the confederacy and has been used to represent the confederacy for far far longer then the confederacy actually existed. So close enough.
>>
>>741563476
No, I was calling you a faggot.
>>
>>741563357
It also is not and never will be the AMERICAN flag....
>>
>>741560474
256 here. Fuck I hate this place
>>
>>741563554
>CSA
>A
>AMERICA
Already was. Stay mad tho.
>>
>>741563565
I feel you nigga. Former 205 here. I do miss southern food, but that's all I miss.
>>
>>741563554
>correct
>>741563664
see >>741563357
dumbass
>>
>>741563526
Usually, when I call someone a faggot, I don't go on a rant like a teenage girl about something as gay as you just did, rambling about what you do on Tumbler...closet homo?
>>
>>741562809
>100X
>1000X
>10000X

You're an idiot dude. You're spouting blind ideology without any foundation on reality. YOU live comfortably so you imagine the world is some paradise for all. Fuck you. There are people right now, who would kill you for your pocket change.
>>
>>741563778
Not gonna lie. The food is bomb. I live across the street from a Whitt's BBQ and I'm not mad about it. Too bad about all the fucking heart failure and obesity. Where did you escape to? And is it actually any better?
>>
>>741563810
The confederacy lost, It is not recognized as US American any more than the Mexican or British or Russian flag for that matter cuckhole...
>>
>>741563951
Seattle, and yes it's much better. Expensive as fuck though. Guess you can make that two things I miss. Southern food and cheap housing.
>>
>>741559243
No. It has, in the decades following the Civil War, become a racist symbol to some but it is not in and of itself racist. Many consider it a flag of simple rebellion. But once you get a bunch of liberal victim mongers on some red meat, it will be what they say eventually.

Many slaves liked the lifestyle they had and didn't want the North to win (obviously not the movie slaves we all see). Some even voluntarily fought for the South. Also, there was plenty of hard racism in the North so they were not really "the force of good fighting against racism." They were fighting to keep the country together mostly.

Not a racist flag but might as well be.

No American Indians gave a shit about the Washington Redskins name. Seriously. They either loved it or didn't care. But now there is a concerted effort to convince them that they should be pissed about it. So in 20 years it will join the ranks of the confederate flag. Better that we all get angry over shit instead of just being chill and/or have skin thicker than paper.
>>
>>741559243
its the battle flag of turn cloak slavers who betrayed their country. is it racist, yhea but thats not what makes it so terrible.
>>
>>741563813
Yep. I didn't say that wasn't true.

You have no idea how good the world is right now and are not looking at the trends. Those war torn areas? They get humanitarian aid. Should they get more? Yes. What would have happened 200 years ago, they would be far worse off. Most likely they would just all be dead.

I never said all the world was a paradise, fuck you for putting words in my mouth.

The warlords of today absolutely pale in comparison to those of old. In the dark ages, the political dissidents would have just ended up as heads on poles. And not just a few, all of them. A field of them. Rome, ran on slaves. World war 1 was a ~nightmare~ that the people waging war today cannot comprehend, where chemical weapons were not a rare, condemning act but actual every day problem.

You know fucking nothing of the brutality of man in the past. You accuse me of spouting blind ideology, I can just see the world realistically.

Go back to cutting yourself and writing poems about how existence is pain. The world is growing up without you.
>>
>>741559929
the american revolution was a just war, fighting a war to protect slavery was not in my eyes just.
>>
>>741564053
>Many slaves liked the lifestyle they had and didn't want the North to win
....You are a world class jackass....
>>
File: Screenshot_20170809-120348.png (224KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170809-120348.png
224KB, 1080x1920px
>>741564036
Does the higher cost of living balance out with higher wages? Or do fast food workers still make 7.25 up there? Cause the more I think about it the more I think I should GTFO of this cousinfuckery.
>>
>>741564053
It's about money, dude. They want to seek reparations from major organizations like state governments, football teams, and anyone with money.

It's about money and its driven by absurdist legal counsel to liberal organizations that don't give any shits about real justice, but about making a profit off the system at anyone's expense.
>>
>>741560866
Would love to marathon fuck her.
>>
>>741559243
No. It's a flag of freedom against the powers that would otherwise tell you what to do. Ironic isn't it.
>>
>>741564236
Only 1.5% of whites owned slaves. The rest were owned by other blacks. Who is the real jack ass of ignorance.
>>
>>741561156
citation needed
>>
>>741564294
Moronic....
>>
>>741562387
White Alabama fag here, can confirm, and will add Decatur and Huntsville has certainly gotten niggerdly in the last 10 years.
>>
>>741564021
>point out that it isn't the confed flag multiple times
>"hue hue the confeds lost, it's not a recognized flag"
you sure showed me
>>
>>741564408
It's the truth though. Even if you don't like it.
>>
>>741564236
>Slaver holding a whip
Ya you like being a slave right.
>Yes massa, whatever you say massa
See, he LIKES it! Now back to work, I sold your children this morning so you have more time to pick cotton.
>>
>>741564461
More blacks owned slaves over whites.
>>
>>741564260
Minimum wage here is $15/hour and wages/salaries above minimum also tend to be higher. It all depends on what you're doing, of course.
>>
>>741564220
It wasn't about slavery at all. That was something Lincoln added because it was already on the agenda and gave the war (Whose purpose was to retain the profitable southern states as sources of tax income) into some kind of moral war to liberate the oppressed. It's total bullshit.

The states seceded because they were faces with oppressive federal laws that impinged on their individual rights as states (granted to them by the constitution) They should have had the full legal right to secede if they chose, but they were being imposed embargoes on their British trading that was unfair.

It's literally taxation without representation, but hey, the winners get to pick what story to tell, every-time everywhere, so just wait until the next winner and see how they change history.
>>
>>741564533
Dumbest thing I'll read today.
>>
Those God damned elves. We should have killed them off before they rebelled. Oh wait, this isn't about dragon age is it...
>>
>>741564363
Yes, the 1% of rich white guys have a habit of manipulating stupid racists...100% of confederate soldiers fought to continue slavery for them....so...that jackass would effectively still be you...
>>
>>741564614
It is dumb, but true.
>>
>>741564614
It's a literal historic fact, idiot. I bet you're a nigger to be so dumb.
>>
>>741564533
and the stupid begin to chime in.
>>
>>741564236
whatever dude. It is true. Many were properly housed and treated with respect (obviously not respectful to own a human but you get what i'm sayin) and they feared the loss of security, comfort, and food. Don't dismiss history just because you hate it.

I'm not a racist. I seriously have no problem with other races. (my dick is a little picky though)

My problem is with religions.
>>
>>741559243
the flag is racist because it told niggers to eat croissants with their tendies
>>
>>
>>741559243
Yes
>>
>>741564660
I wasn't alive back then. That war had nothing to do with slavery. They were considered property, and the people that owned them didn't like the government telling them what to do.
>>
>>741564552
So I imagine it to some degree balances out. Alright. Fuck this. I'm leaving.
>>
>>741564669
Welcome my stupid chiming friend.
>>
File: themoreyouknow.jpg (139KB, 561x370px) Image search: [Google]
themoreyouknow.jpg
139KB, 561x370px
The only reason people display this flag is to troll niggers and lefties. It has no other meaning any more.
>>
>>741563391
Malignant? Me? Project much?
>>
>>741564533
I'm gonna need a source on that one son.

I believe you just have poor reading comprehension.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Qq2eoGdnHsYC&pg=PA370#v=onepage&q&f=false

Less then 1% of slaves were owned by blacks.
>>
>>
>>741564420
And so you argue that backing a worthless flag that most see represents racism is a valid cause when the only flag on our land you should be backing is the US FLAG....traitor
>>
>>741564860
It's not my fault you're ignorant. And it's not my obligation to teach you either.
>>
>>741564916
It was a flag of rebellion.
>>
>>741564842
Ah, the old "rubber-glue" defense. So you're still in school? Excited about the ninth grade and hair on your big-boy parts?
>>
>>741560602
this. omfg this
>>
>>741560602
and extended slavery to all but the rich.
>>
The only people that won was the government. They won power over all of us and turned everybody into slaves. Welcome to life.
>>
>>741564450 Technically all flags stand for freedom of oppression from those that fly other flags...and all flags represent governments that somehow oppress someone...so you are not really saying anything mindblowing
>>
>>741565100
dubs of truth
>>
>>741564943
I cited a well researched, peer reviewed source supporting my argument. If you choose to stamp your feet like a child that is on you. I hope mommy doesn't burn your tendies tonight.
>>
>>741560236

Racism is the belief that a trailer trash will always be more clever than a harvard nigger.

It's failing the point to see that the value of a man for society is mostly shaped by his culture and education and not his skin color.
However it is a natural consequence when bad/primitive behavior is highly correlated with an easy to distinguish phenotypical characteristic.
>>
>>741565182
But I was talking about the United States of America, not other flags. Faggot.
>>
File: 1502117165849.gif (67KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1502117165849.gif
67KB, 200x150px
>>741564417
You know its funny, I rarely see black people in my town to the point of them being alien to me, that being said black people love me for some reason .
>>
>>741559243
Second place souvenir.
>>
>>741564533
No one owned white slaves....so stop trying to justify your BS
>>
>>741565206
Fuck, I forgot about my tendies...
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.