[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 16

File: Warmer_World.jpg (676KB, 2500x2137px) Image search: [Google]
Warmer_World.jpg
676KB, 2500x2137px
What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?
>>
>>741305088
Everyone make lots and lots of ice cubes really quickly.
>>
File: 1487728045078.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487728045078.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
I'm cutting down on greenhouse emissions
>>
ask Trump do change his mind
>>
>>741305088
Unless the answer contains some variant of "exterminate entire human population of continental Asia overnight, destroy industrial sites in the developing world, and halt rain forest removal", realistically nothing.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (83KB, 1080x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
83KB, 1080x1075px
>>741306297
>ask Trump do change his mind
You'd have to find it first
>>
>>741305088
The only solution is clear but no one wants to admit it: Reduce the human population.

If we were at 1billion we wouldn't be facing climate change.

Regardless its going to happen one way or the other, so may as well prep for it and ride out the storm.
>>
We could try making ozone-filled balloons, made to deflate once they reach the ozone layer
>>
>>741305088
Nothing, fuck the planet.
>>
Move onto better forms of eneergy sources. Nuclear is the best bet. Neanderthal government wants to keep us on coal though
>>
>>741307236
Or stop eating meat. Raising cattle is one of the biggest impacts. Hasn't stopped me though.
>>
>>741307484
Cattle farts is THE biggest impact. Dat methane is even worse a greenhouse gas than C02
>>
File: 1480652820697.jpg (6KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
1480652820697.jpg
6KB, 248x247px
>>741305088
>Carpet bomb India, China & Africa
>Continue with alternative energy r&d at a leisurely pace

>>741306297
>implying our withdrawal from the Paris Accords matters in the slightest
It doesn't.
>>
>>741307484
I should adjust my lifestyle becuase others make irresponsible choices and breed like rabbits?

Fuck that. I don't have children and plan to have any and I'm not paying for anyone else's shitty choices.
>>
>>741307080
You LIBTARDS think your so fucking smart with your little snarky ass comments about our PRESIDENT. "Hue hue hue hue hurr twump iz dummm" OH FUCKING WOW NEVER HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE!

GOD! I fucking hate all of you anti american, 2nd amendment hating, organic food eating, skinny jean wearing, condescending fucking LIBERAL PUSSIES.

Please fucking gas yourselfs and save the world from complete mental fucking retardation.
>>
>>741305088
West Antarctica GET.
>>
deal with it
>>
>>741307236
how about niggers in africa stop having so many fucking kids when they already have no food and are dying anyways
>>
>>741305088
Nothing. The Earth will fix it for us.

Consider that over the millennia, the temperature of the Earth has been much hotter and also much colder than it is currently. Proof that climate change is a natural thing.

Regardless of whether or not we humans have anything to do with it (not saying we don't, not saying we do, that's beside the point), the temperatures will eventually change, and we will either adapt, or not. More than likely we will, of course. But also there will be fewer of us due to rising sea levels, more powerful storms, etc.

Eventually it will self-regulate, we will be reduced in number but will bounce back. It will all happen again and again.

Until the sun destroys everything, in about 5.5 billion years or so.

Why should we make any attempts to regulate a process that we absolutely cannot control? To do so would be folly, and pointless. Let's focus on planetary travel, so we can one day leave and find another planet to fuck with.
>>
That map is a monument to stupidity.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (52KB, 490x497px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
52KB, 490x497px
>>741307776
>You LIBTARDS think your so fucking smart with your little snarky ass comments about our PRESIDENT. "Hue hue hue hue hurr twump iz dummm" OH FUCKING WOW NEVER HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE!
>GOD! I fucking hate all of you anti american, 2nd amendment hating, organic food eating, skinny jean wearing, condescending fucking LIBERAL PUSSIES.
>Please fucking gas yourselfs and save the world from complete mental fucking retardation.

You need to fuck a chicken, calm down and change your attitude
>>
>>741305088
>What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?
What did they do the last time? Grew crops in Greenland.
>>
>>741305088
Fuck all. That's what.

One of these days you libs will figure out it's a scam. The whole purpose is to monetize carbon, the basis of all life on this planet. By making carbon a commodity that you -must- trade, the elites drag you into a game of trading that you have neither the resources, nor the experience to win at. Just more chains from your Masters.

Stupid Humans...
>>
>>741308155
That's one hot fucking cock.
>>
>>741305088

i suggest you chill.
>>
File: IMG_4077.jpg (50KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4077.jpg
50KB, 620x387px
>>741306906
Not to worry, this guy's on the job.
>>
>>741305088
There's ideas to spray a sort of compound around the planet that will block sun rays or something like that
>>
>>741307989
Well said. Bravo.

>>741308319
Isn't that how the war with the machines started in the Matrix?
>>
File: bouquet.jpg (41KB, 491x528px) Image search: [Google]
bouquet.jpg
41KB, 491x528px
>>741308243
>That's one hot fucking cock.
It's a chicken, not a cock.
this is what cock looks like
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>741307989
this is what republicucks believe
>>
>>741308523
I voted democrat until obama's 2nd term, when I voted mostly republican.

But that's not important. Prove my statement wrong. Point by point.
>>
>>741305088
We need to shoot off some nukes to cause a nuclear winter. Things will even out.
>>
>>741307989
I blame the education systems for people having this idiotic thinking
>>
>>741308523
You think we won't adapt and ride it out? What is wrong about what he said?
>>
>>741308670
What is incorrect about what he said?
>>
>>741308670
Yet you don't counter any of my assertions. A proper education system would have taught you about debating properly.
>>
>>741305237
is that a fuckin fly
>>
>>741308455
If it starts a robot then that's a much cooler way to go out than rising sea levels. Win win in my book
>>
>>741305088
Part of North East Newfoundland (North of St. John's) would be lost. I know this because I live there
>>
Farm Canada, short Disney, fuck Florida, they deserve to be flooded.
>>
File: 1500601616251.jpg (70KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
1500601616251.jpg
70KB, 1024x759px
Geologist here, checkin in on my favorite thread subjects.

AMA

Short answer to all your questions: we are doomed. Party now because why not
>>
It's too late. At least you can take comfort in the fact that you no longer have to do anything to try and stop it.
>>
>>741308627
The increase in Carbon Emissions is of our own doing, So if we contributed to it then why can we not control it?

>>741308721
We most like will ride it out but millions of species of animals won't
>>
>>741307776
this ISN'T A joke

or a robot
>>
>>741307776
Get a grip, Trumpbilly.
>>
how about we all commit suicide and see if thatll help.

oh and if Al Gore would practice what he preached, then maybe i might believe this authoritarian nonsense.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/02/exclusive-al-gores-home-devours-34-times-more-electricity-than-average-u-s-household/
>>
>>741309060
You are quite wrong. We will not ride it out.
>>
Wait, this is fucking fantastic news. Indonesia is completely wiped fucking out.
Bring it.
>>
File: 1501316209850.jpg (39KB, 399x396px) Image search: [Google]
1501316209850.jpg
39KB, 399x396px
>>741308291
Yes, he is.
>>
>>741309034
On a geological scale perhaps. My great great grandchildren, if I have any are fucked but if I make enough to afford a yacht, then party on.
>>
>>741309138
I honestly doubt this. Humans have survived far greater changes in temperature and that was without our modern and future technology.
>>
>>741309222
Not fucked actually. Just gonna have a really shitty planet to live on.

Its gonna take a long time to kill off everyone. People will suffer vastly before then though.

Many lulz will be had of course
>>
>>741309222
Part of the problem right here.

Everyone wants kids. Everyone wants more than just one. Everyone wants 2, or 3, or 4.

Leads to an increase in the world's population, which fucks the earth.

Change your thinking, save the world.
>>
>>741309256
Again, you are wrong. And an asshole
>>
>>741309034
Understandable. Gonna go fuck my sister party on!
>>
>>741309375
/thread
>>
>>741309410
Why?
>>
>>741309256
Humans were much more robust as a species then, and much less pussified by the ability of genetic retards to survive, due in part to that modern tech.
>>
>>741309256
its not US surviving its everything ELSE holy shit. even a half degree change in the ocean will cause mass species extinction
>>
>>741309375
>Everyone wants kids. Everyone wants more than just one. Everyone wants 2, or 3, or 4.
Clearly you don't live in middle to upper class white areas. Whites are not replacing themselves. It's the brown people.
>>
>>741309410
Prove it, cunt whistler.
>>
>>741309569
We're talking about humans. Besides, new species will develop. Or is the earth empty of species because of dinosaur extinctions?
>>
>>741309590
Like I fucking said..Everyone wants more than 1.

Brown people included.
>>
>>741308761
Cause I didn't want to type a lot but I'll take the bait

Temperatures have been rising and falling very insignificantly up until around the industrial revolution when we burned a load of coal and thought it was all fine. Since then it's been a steady increase and recently it's been a rapid increase all due to humans. All CLIMATE scientists agree on this. As for planetary travel being easier than fixing our planet you just don't know anything about space. To get to mars not only incredibly risky but it'll take around 21 months for a round trip. Just about everything can go wrong on the way there and it's ridiculously expensive. Not to mention we'd have to SOMEHOW terraform mars to suit us and a lot of other issues I don't wanna type out. It'd be much easier to fix what we've done here than to go to live on another planet.
However people like you stick with your ignorant arguments so everything I typed was a waste of time
>>
Tell mister sun to stop making heat
https://youtu.be/_SGlPnA_iCk
>>
>>741305088
Nothing because it's not real. No American except for stupid millennials even care about global warming.
>>
>>741309678
But not white people.
>>
>>741309710
Even if our world was ecologically healthy forever, we would still need to develop space travel and colonization to survive because eventually the sun will destroy us. We need to work on space travel.
>>
>>741309569
But the temps have already changed that much since the end of the little ice age in the 1800s. Nothing catastrophic happened.

Ya'll act like mass extinctions have never happened before. The earth has been as much as 3 degrees centigrade hotter than now during existing human history. We survived then, we will survive again, most of us anyway.

I, for one, am not concerned
>>
>>741309375
>>>741309222 (You)
>Part of the problem right here.
>Everyone wants kids. Everyone wants more than just one. Everyone wants 2, or 3, or 4.
>Leads to an increase in the world's population, which fucks the earth.
>Change your thinking, save the world.

I would be happy with one child, preferably two. Right now we are beneath the carrying capacity of the planet. In terms of population and survivability the US and India are mostly okay. The EU, Japan and China are 7 shades of fucked.

I honestly have my doubts about anthropogenic global warming. Even if it is actually real and not an artifact of measurements surviving it isn't actually a problem. I am more worried about a progressively aging populace and the troubling mouth to hands ratio.
>>
>>741309710
The earth has been much colder and much hotter than now. That is a fact.

At one time Florida was completely under water. At another time more of Florida was above it than is currently.

There was a fucking ice age in which glaciers covered much of the northern hemisphere. on multiple occasions. Plenty of evidence there.

These glaciers retreated by melting. Ice..freezing...and melting...and freezing...and melting...

Proof of climate change. Undeniable proof. Unless you don't believe in glaciers.
>>
>>741309710
We're coming out of a mini ice age. That's what happens, it gets warmer
>All CLIMATE scientists agree on this.
Far from it. climate scientists are smarter than that. Those are the political stooges.
>>
>>741309924
Agreed but the sun will kill us in BILLIONS of years. That's more than enough time to figure out planetary travel. Meanwhile climate change is a more pressing matter to deal with
>>
>>741305088
If USA, you will go into denial mode for as long as you possibly can, then a little longer just to be sure, then when the last of you can't even stomach the embarrassment of toeing that old line, immediately switch to pointing fingers at anyone else you can.

Defend stupidity, selfishness, greed and gluttony oil it kills everyone, because jews are right and you are stupid barbarians good for manning the factories and that's it.

I look forward to watching you idiots run out of food and water, and all your poorly planned cities dump their prime real estate into the sea. It's gonna be fucking hilarious. The stupid die first.
>>
>>741310134
>those are the political stooges

We've got a conspiracy believer here, boys. Abandon arguments there's no use arguing with him
>>
>>741305088
Invite more third worlders because they know how to live with less.
>>
>>741310352
>run out of food
Considering we export far more food than we import, I say that's not very likely.
>>
>>741310352
Americans don't care about your made up eurofag bullshit.
>>
Guys, why bother saving the earth? As has been said, the sun will destroy it anyway. Why postpone the inevitable? Anything good we do will be destroyed. All evidence of our life on earth will no longer be seen. Eventually the whole universe will decay. Why are you worried about saving this place for a few more years? Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die.
>>
>>741310530
lol proving him right
>>
>>741310503
>>741310352
Another thing about food: the government actually pays farmers to NOT use their fields for crops. We have usable cropland we aren't putting to use. If there ever is a food crisis, we have the ability to produce more.
>>
>>741305088
If change in global temperate is a direct consequence of CO2 and other green house gases, and if the amount of CO2 expulsion by industrialization has increased exponentially since the industrial revolution, why has temperature change followed a linear model as opposed to exponential change like CO2 expulsion?
>>
>>741310503
>and that will continue unaffected bc crops grow like magic regardless of climate
lol
>>
>>741310823
Because the jews are manipulating the data to further their zionic agenda.

Just made up zionic, not sure if it's real or not.
>>
>>741307621
/thread
>>
>>741310901
>there's only one type of crop, and only one type of growing zone
lol
>>
>>741310352
>>741310901
Americans will not starve. We are a war like people with the most powerful military on the planet. Let that sink in for a minute.
>>
>>741310968
>duh joooooooos

lolfuckingretard
>>
>>741311125
you seriously thought i meant that? fuck dude, i was being sarcastic
>>
>>741305088
This will probably seen stupid to most people but just doing a little to cut consumption of meat will help. Like changing from having it every meal of the day to just once a day will even help.
>>
>>741307610
Didn't they recently find a bacteria that feeds on methane? If so, cultivate and genetically modify it, then reduce atmospheric CH4 with it
>>
>>741310530
Close, but no. Wisconsin. Farmer.
And you clearly know nothing about what is coming down the pike, and thus deserve everything you get for your ignorance.
>>
>>741310377
You're forgiven. I'm sorry I insulted your religion.
>>
>>741308966
Best answer
>>
>>741308627
>Consider that over the millennia, the temperature of the Earth has been much hotter and also much colder than it is currently. Proof that climate change is a natural thing.

You're correct. It has been hotter and colder in the past. And yes, climate change is a natural occurance. But that's not the problem. The problem is the rate of change of the climate. Those higher and lower temperatures you refer took thousands, if not 10s or 100s of thousands of years to occur. The changes we're facing will occur in a fraction of that time, like only hundreds of years. And the problem is that life as we know it will have an extremely hard time adapting to those changes in such a short time span. Yes, there will be organisms that will survive (depending on many factors), but most won't.

>Eventually it will self-regulate, we will be reduced in number but will bounce back. It will all happen again and again.

I don't know why you think physics will behave in our favor, but that's a very egotistical statement. All you have to do is look at Venus and realize nature can spin out of control, far beyond what any life on earth can withstand (tardigrades and the like excepted).

>Why should we make any attempts to regulate a process that we absolutely cannot control? To do so would be folly, and pointless. Let's focus on planetary travel, so we can one day leave and find another planet to fuck with.

Earlier you admitted to not knowing whether the current change in climate is anthropogenic, meaning as far as you know it could very well be man-induced. If it is, we can undo it. Or at the very least slow its progress. It would be irresponsible of us to allow it to continue when it is within our power to do something about it *now*. To leave it for future generations to worry about is pretty fucked up. And if we have the technology to move off-planet as you're suggesting, the amount of resources it would take to do so would be much greater than it would to fix the climate
>>
Need help translating. Anybody speak Russian?
>>
>>741311086
>Americans will not starve.
Nigger, wtf you talking about? You've got millions of Americans starving right now.
>>
>>741305088
Chile is fucking ded ;_;
>>
>>741311300
Fuck off yankee. Texas, which is the best state, will be fine.
>>
>>741305088
Nothing. The scientific consensus already claims it's irreversible and since no one feels like stepping in to force some regulation on China or Africa there is no possible way to go carbon neutral anyways. The best we have is financially raping 1st world nations in the name of saving the world from the inevitable.
>>
>>741307989
>The Earth will fix it for us.

That's true. The earth has fixed it before. Numerous times. We can see by the geological and genetic record, when it happened, because when the earth fixes it, it results in damn near everything larger than a field mouse dying off over at least tens of thousands of years, often more. So enjoy that.
>>
>>741311610
I'm sure that an exaggeration. Besides, poor people don't count.
>>
>>741305088
ITT: Republitards display their gross ignorance of scientific literacy, falling easily below a 7th grade level.

Nice job liberals. Education was your job, and you failed to educate the country, so, now you all get to die together.
>>
If you really believe in manmade global warming, then support population control in the 3rd world
>>
>>741311481
Assuming you are correct, and the climate change is human-induced, then if it does indeed diminish our numbers would that not fix the problem?

Therefore, I stand by my statement that it will self-regulate.

Venus is a different and unrelated issue. I could say that Mars is proof of global cooling, as it at one time had liquid water, but now does not. It also has a pressure below the armstrong limit, but that too must have been much higher at some point.

Both planets' climates are completely, 100% not due to human action. You've made a logical fallacy by even bringing them into this discussion.
>>
>>741311957
yeah, well, willful ignorance is a bitch
>>
>>741311957
t. Woke centrist
>>
>>741311957
So because more than half of the United States does not believe in global warming we all get to die? Fuck that. The UN should take your country from you.
>>
>>741305088
Probably grow bumper crops around the world until it starts cooling off again, kinda like the last time it happened.
>>
When the cost of waterfront real estate on Sydney Harbor falls then I will be concerned.
Over 20 years ago some stupid so called climate expert bitch stuck a stick at the high water make in the harbor and had a massive press conference to show how much the water levels had risen based on past data.
When the level failed to reach the average mark on this so called super tide she said it was a disappointing result and she was sure her figures were right. The journalist asked her if it was disappointing she was wrong or disappointing the world wasn't coming to an end..
A jurno asked
>>
>>741312317
>The UN should take your country from you.
>take your country from you
>Autism: The post
>>
>>741311610
>millions of Americans starving right now
Literally, show me 1. Even our ""poverty-stricken"" are fat-fucks half of the time. Hell, i've seen tubby homeless people waddling around last time I went to a major city.

You don't get to call it "starving" if a few of the retards decide to skip a few dinners each week so they can exchange their extra food-stamps for crack.
>>
>>741305088
Nothing, we are past the no return point so might as well burn all the fossil fuels.
>>
>>741312117
i gotta go afk but if this thread is still up and youre still here ill respond because youre still incorrect
>>
the truth?...probably not enough, which means we are on our way out.
>>
Soylent green is people
>>
>>741312117
>Venus is a different and unrelated issue

Venus is full of runaway greenhouse gases. Earth is warming due to runaway greenhouse gases. Venus is very related

Mars does have water it's just very little. Read something space related dude
>>
>>741312510
I await with bated breath. I am curious to see how you will prove me wrong.
>>
>>741312780
Mars has frozen water.

It used to have flowing water.

Do I honestly need to explain how water freezes?
>>
>>741312870
We know, the polar bears die from global warming and it makes the sky upset so clouds form to cry rain and then the sun is blocked and the water get's colder and then freezes. You don't need to be a retard about it
>>
>>741308184
Hi Trump.
>>
>>741312780

After a certain point it doesn't matter. Think of greenhouse gases as painting something black. There is no blacker than black. Once albedo reaches 0 at a particular wavelength it no longer matters.

Venus has a really thick atmosphere and the ideal gas law is not something to be trifled with.

PV = motherfucking nRT bitches.
>>
>Human CO2 emissions = 0.02% of all CO2 in the atmosphere
>THE WORLD IS ENDING
Idiots
>>
>>741307762
>muh cognitive dissonance hurr durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>muh tu quoque
>>
>>741305088
Same thing we did about God
Look at the evidence, grow a fucking pair and announce to the world that it doesn't exist.
>>
>>741312117
>I could say that Mars is proof of global cooling, as it at one time had liquid water, but now does not.
American education at work, folks.
>>
File: fite me irl.jpg (31KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
fite me irl.jpg
31KB, 640x441px
TrumpBumpâ„¢
>>
>>741307776
>You're

Faggot.
>>
>>741312808
ok im back...
>>
>>741315313
Hi again. I took a shit and got a drink. Let's go.
>>
>>741312117
>Assuming you are correct, and the climate change is human-induced, then if it does indeed diminish our numbers would that not fix the problem?

No it wouldn't and that's why I brought up Venus. It wasn't a logical fallacy, it was to give an example of a runaway greenhouse effect with no humans involved. Every human could die tomorrow and the climate would continue to get hotter and hotter (akin to what happened on Venus) if the % of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is high enough. So us dying off doesnt mean it will reverse, in fact by the time we're dropping dead from being outside for 5 minutes, it'd likely be irreversible anyway
>>
File: 1501559553053.png (115KB, 1045x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1501559553053.png
115KB, 1045x1567px
>>741305088
Nothing because it's bullshit.
>>
>>741307762
Implying cows make cogent decisions based on the climatological stability of our planet. riiiiggggghhhhhtttttt.
>>
>>741315889
Earth has lots of water and water vapor. Venus has lots of methane and very little water vapor.

These two planets have a different chemical makeup. You're saying what happened on Venus could happen here too. I could just as easily say what happened on Mars could happen here too.
>>
>>741308184
A scam? Dude I can prove the concept with 20$
>>
>>741316245
>>741315889
Me again. Mars is also more similar to Earth, in that both do have water (albeit frozen on Mars).
>>
>>741316121
if you think climate change is bullshit why did you post that pic?
>>
>>741309137
The daily caller as a news source.
Fucking KEK.
Why not just say it's true cause you said so. It's just as likely.
>>
>>741316245
The catalysts are different for earth and venus but the results are the same. A greenhouse gas, regardless whether is C4 or H2O, will trap radiation.
>>
>>741316695
sorry CH4
>>
>>741310131
Yeah. But this time it was caused by humans.
>>
>>741309739
>Stupid millennials
You mean the ONLY generation in human history to be taught the required information to understand this problem in fucking jr. high? Sounds like projection a little. Just saying.
>>
>>741309506
Those same humans still exist, and anything by sheer numbers we would still survive.

It'll be interesting to see which ones, as it seems the hardiest ones last time around inhabited Europe and Asia, and eventually migrated to North America.
>>
>>741316695
>C4
BOOM!
>>
>>741316835
Brainwashed you mean.
>>
>>741310352
Fucking sucks for me though. I have to deal with the consequences of other peoples actions. Billions will suffer. all because of a few peoples greed and stupidity. Want to kill myself.
>>
>>741305088
>What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?

It's a fucking economic bubble, a scam, along with being a control mechanism. The alleged science has been shot to hell over and over yet the desperate scam artists are relying on terms like "climate change denier" as if it was beyond question. IT IS A FUCKING SCAM.
>>
>>741316245
Venus HAD lots of water; probably not as much as Earth. When the surface started baking it became vapor, then stripped away by the solar wind. Still has lots of N2, and carbon as CO2. No methane. Early Venus was probably more like Earth than Mars was. What happened different?

Oddly.... Venus' smaller core, cooled much quicker, ending the magnetic dynamo, which started the process of stripping water- and ultimately planet is kill.
>>
>>741310456
Dank idea. Also sterilize people after 1 kid.
>>
>>741313236
World wide level of autism: 100% contained in this post.
See I can make up statistics too.
>>
>>741317199
But Earth has a very good dynamo in place. No fear of solar wind stripping us of our water for a very long time.

Again, you can't compare Venus to Earth.
>>
>>741317553
Then what IS the correct percentage, Nimrod? You don't know. No one knows.
>>
>>741305088
Go live in a cave with sticks and rocks you hypocrites
>>
>>741316972
Teaching something that can be proved by literally anyone that isn't a mouth breathing idiot is brainwashing. yeah sure kid.
>>
>>741316897
Kekle.

>>741317199
Even more ironic, the end of life on Earth will probably come from depletion of CO2 in our atmosphere. Over geologic time, (millions+ years) higher temperatures will gradually pull CO2 out of the atmosphere. 800-1000mya from now, plants will die because nothing left for them to respire. Farther down the road, after the oceans evaporate, the process will reverse and CO2 will again be liberated and the Earth will have a brief greenhouse- albeit with nothing left alive.

Then Sun gets the munchies and Earth becomes vore.
>>
>>741317692
It's 91% and you have fucking internet access. it would have taken you literally 1 second on google. you've got no excuse.
>>
Nuthin' we face the fact that we all selfish.
>>
>>741305088
Free all of the water trapped by our refine metals, woods, clay glass and most of all plastics! We wonder why there is now water, free it from all of the billions of human scum that just consume everything!
>>
>>741317653
The Earth's is slowly weakening, just as Venus' did. Probably won't matter in the end because heliogenic climate change will rox our sox first. It's worth comparing the two because they have much in common, despite some tremendous differences.

Bottom line: anthropogenic climate change won't turn the Earth into Venus. That's just retarded. Anthropogenic climate change may well turn our nice comfy biosphere into something less comfy- but that's an unrelated issue.
>>
>>741312505
But that would fuck it up more. Why not just have every nation Attempt to cut their carbon emisions in half and stop it where it is.
>>
File: dying laughing.gif (864KB, 160x270px) Image search: [Google]
dying laughing.gif
864KB, 160x270px
>>741308764
>>
>>741318151
That's a blatant lie. Isn't it past your bedtime?
>>
>>741317653
No, the water vapor being stripped from Venus' atmosphere wouldn't have contributed to the temperature increase, infact the removal of the water would have slowed the process down.
But you can compare the two in terms of the greenhouse effect. Like I said earlier, the catalysts are different on each planet, but the resulting change in the atmosphere creates the same result: continually-rising temperatures.
>>
>>741313086
Thats not how it works.
>>
>>741310095
us mostly ok? dude, they have of the biggest carbon footprints, their consumism is atrocious
>>
>>741318276
ok just pumping carbon into the air wouldnt turn earth into venus on its own, but I dont think you can claim that the resulting increase in temp couldnt trigger a snowball effect similar to what happened on venus
>>
File: Al Gore AP.jpg (18KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
Al Gore AP.jpg
18KB, 460x288px
we need to kill all the scientist
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1390x1150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1390x1150px
>>741318449
The temperature required for a runaway CO2 cycle (like on Venus) is a few hundred degrees C.
We'd be extinct long before then. The human-forced CO2 increase is unlikely to contribute more than a few 10s of degrees at most. If we reach that point, environmental conditions will "solve the problem" by virtue of civilization being wrecked.

Sadly, this captcha won't help.
>>
>>741318404
Blatant lie? Dude even a fucking child with no concept of what a number is let alone math would see that you're fucking wrong. All the CO2 emitted by all of human civilisation over the entire course of history is only .02 percent of the total carbon in our atmosphere... yeah. Sure. TOTALLY believable. we've emitted like 1.7k gigatonnes over the course of our species. Current atmospheric concentrations of CO2 put it at about 2k gigatonnes. Sure my math may have been off a little. But not as much as yours. Fucking .02% give me a break.
>>
>>741318886
Just pumping CO2 into the air would get us there eventually, but humans alone are not capable of pumping enough to do the job.

Maybe we can build robots to finish where we have left off. (after anthropogenic climate change eliminates the anthropoids)
>>
>>741305088
Look at it for reals... and realize it's total bs
>>
>>741312317
the US is the UN, nigger. remember when we refused to join the League? it fucking fell apart and Hitler came 'round
>>
Sunscreen
>>
We can't really stop the changes in Earth's average temperatures, but we can adapt to its repercussions and prioritize who gets essential temperature-sensitive resources.
That said, my biggest concern is with the oceans. This is something we as a species can handle to make significant and positive changes, but we neglect this option.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.