[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you afraid if /b/? Do you ever have nightmares? Do you

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 28

File: 1428351376271_2.jpg (102KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428351376271_2.jpg
102KB, 960x720px
What are you afraid if /b/?
Do you ever have nightmares?
Do you have any traumatic experiences that still scare you?

You can tell us.
>>
I am afraid of sudden death, but not death itself. I find dying in your sleep to be one of the worst ways to die.
>>
>>741040176
Dude, when i was 9 my uncle died of a brain aneurysm during a barbecue party. Just one second he was up grilling, next he was just on the ground dead.

Also im terrified of porcelain dolls, i now it sounds dumb, but whenever i see one i start freaking out and have to leave as soon as i can.
>>
I have terrible night terrors.
Been a good 10-15 years since I had a good nights sleep.
Even on medication because of it.
>>
File: samurifool.png (266KB, 552x647px) Image search: [Google]
samurifool.png
266KB, 552x647px
>>741040368
I used to have that every night, slept in my mums bed until i was 16. Still haunts me some nights.
>>
i have demonic and paranormal nightmares almost every night, a am constantly afraid of apparitions and shadow people see in the dark, i fell like my brain purposely creates my own personal hell. Killer movies dont scare me put paranormal shit is fucked
>>
>>741040480
It sucks. I live on my own out in the woods..
So I sleep no more than 4-5 hours per night.
Always with a light on...
>>
File: 1497932050713.png (478KB, 761x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1497932050713.png
478KB, 761x1012px
>>741040615
adding on to this i haven't slept without my light on in a year
>>
>>741040073
I keep having the same recurring nightmare almost three or four times a week.
>wake up
>normal day
>go visit my mom and has breakfast with her (she lives two miles away)
>go to work
>work full 8 hours
>go out into the parking lot
>parking lot is empty except for my car and some others scattered throughout
>unlocks car and all of a sudden im hit across the head
>fall over and see guy in a mask pick me up and put me into my car
>eyes flash open every now and again
>then I'm falling about 15 ft into water
>panic and find out im in a water tower
>hatch on top closes
>the only thing i can do is swim down to a light at the bottom
>no matter how far down i swim i can never reach the bottom
>of i try swimming back up im too deep and i down
The thing is, i do my daily routine every time and i wear different clothes, eat different breakfasts, meet different people at work. It feels like real life until i get knocked out.
>>
>>741040615
>demonic and paranormal nightmares
Be happy you don't have night terrors..
Then you are awake but can't move while dreaming (even though it doesn't feel like dreaming because you know whats going on).

I always have three night terrors play out.
>old woman/shadow slowly getting closer from the end of my room
>someone sitting lying next to me breathing heavily and mumbling but I can't turn to see
>full on attack, someone on top of me beating me and scratching me

Some rarer ones like a face with black eyes and screaming outside my window happens like once every 6-7 months.

Literally thought about suicide sometimes...
>>
>>741040073
I saw a penis once
>>
>>741040073
I'm afraid of death. I don't get how anyone can not be afraid of dying. In whatever way. If there was some magical pill or deal or whatever I could take or make so as to live eternally I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Maybe my mind is just too weak to comprehend the idea of non-existence.
I don't have nightmares about dying though, when I have nightmares it's mostly about my wife and son dying in some car accident or something.
>>
>>741041186
>live eternally
That would be a even bigger nightmare for me.
Eventually our star will die or some natural disaster will wipe all humans or life out on earth.
You'll be left alone. Forever. You could even end up just floating in space, never dying.
>>
File: 1501605332377.gif (836KB, 149x181px) Image search: [Google]
1501605332377.gif
836KB, 149x181px
>>74104116that sounds horrible dude now mine dosent sound as bad, your sleep paralysis sounds like hell. I've only had sleep paralysis 3 or 4 times in my life but luckily im able to squeeze my self awake before things start getting to crazy
>>
>>741040073
Birds, I am fucking scares of birds. I don't like the texture of feathers. The sound that their wings make, the way they stare at you without really blinking, how unpredictable they are. Gives me chills.
>>
>>741041341
i am the demonic guy once again replying to things, i too would take a immortality pill even if everyone else would be dead
>>
>>741041163

OKAY
I struggled with the exact same night terrors for a while.

Don't eat or do strenuous mental work close to bedtime, and don't fall asleep on your back. These are the two strongest triggers.

Hope it helps.
>>
>>741041163
I used to have sleep paralysis when i was young.
>about to fall asleep
>all of sudden loud bassy noise in my ears
>can't move
>start to see people (shadows) running around my room
>feels something grabbing my feet
>look down to see really skinny silhouette like man with two white dots for eyes
>starts to crawl over my body slowly getting closer to my face
>a mouth opens up and tries to speak
>hear a loud fucking bark
>look to my side (window next to my bed) and see this huge monster dog head outside my window
>looked like the fucking thing from never ending story
>after it barks everything goes back to normal
>this used to happen every other night
>would always wait for the dog
>but sometimes it never showed up
>i waited until everything went back to normal naturally

This went on from the age of 16 to 19 it stopped for 3 years and i just had one about four days ago. I can't go through that shit anymore man.
>>
When I was a kid I had an "imaginary" friend that would always be around.
Was never afraid as a kid but I remember when I was around 12-13 she said horrible things to me sometimes.
Of course my parents never believed me but I can see her face and everything in precise details. She used to do things around the house, move furniture and break stuff. I always got the blame.
And it wasn't human. If anyone has see the movie Lights Out, imagine that figure in the dark. That's about as close as I can explain it.

Worst part is, I sometimes see her even now and I'm closing in on 30. Can be just a glimpse when I'm tired etc. Probably my imagination but it scares the living shit out of me.

I'm probably just batshit crazy. I hope.
>>
Having to suddenly learn to drive. Being stuck in a car rolling down a hill or having to drive someone to the hospital, for example. Don't even know where to start.

Also I've got a panic disorder which makes me have panic attacks if a loud noise or whatever makes me jump. Something like a car pulling out unexpectedly could make me flip out at the driver, run away or burst into tears. Feels bad man.
>>
I have a fear of losing my mind. What makes me, me? How would I know when I've lost it if it's gone?
>>
File: 1501711588161.jpg (12KB, 181x395px) Image search: [Google]
1501711588161.jpg
12KB, 181x395px
>>741041703
thats FUCKED
>>
>>741040073
>What are you afraid if /b/?
I'm afraid that I will never be able to find something that would fulfill me and make me happy.
>Do you ever have nightmares?
Yes, quite often. I see horrifying things in my dreams. Once I was walking near my home and suddenly there was fog everywhere and rotting bodies all along the road and there was a man walking another man on a leash who was smiling at me. Sometimes I'm being tortured, my teeth falling out, etc...
>>
>>741041487
>Hope it helps.
It doesn't but thanks.
I've been through 4 years of sleep therapy and such but doesn't help. Even got hooked up to machines reading brain patterns and stuff.
They go off the charts when it starts.
Strong drugs or getting black out drunk is the only thing that helps.
>>
>>741041815
my mind is startling to play tricks on me when i read this stuff, thought i saw the door open but it didn't
>>
>>741041703
>>741041809
You know what the real fucked up part is?
It happens to children all over the world, you can have a kid from Italy and a kid from the USA both describing the same thing. Drawing the same figures that their imaginary friend resemble. Often a dark figure with long hair and long thin fingers.
I did a thesis on this in university and it's strange stuff. And it almost always stops when the kids turns 14.
I'm both happy and sad I never experienced it.
The paranormal is my job (yes I'm one of those people ;)
>>
>>741042129
warning to you my friend i saw this post for a reason. Trust me, some strange shit is gonna go down at your house in the next few days. I can feel it
>>
>>741041703
Yeah I had that to. I called her Mommo ( Swedish child slang for grandmother)
Like 5-6 years I can remember her being around all the time. Literally playing with her, talking and everything.
Got really confused when my mom and dad told me there was no one there. Then it just stopped. Don't remember at what age but I was sad.
>>
>>741041735

Mentally I'll fag here, been through periods of psychosis before. You really don't know when its happening, its only if you get better that you can look back and be like 'the fuck was I thinking'.

>off work with stress, become a hermit
>go for a walk to get some air for the first time in weeks
>thinking how amazing all the plants looks
>they look amazing holy shit these plants
>become convinced that I can see them in a way other people don't
>laughing to myself a bit because these plebs will never appreciate nature like I can
>start thinking I must be reaching some higher state of consciousness
>walking around suddenly feels like I'm in a dream, colours are brighter and everything feels somewhat detached from reality
>walk up to tree and touch it because I feel the need to thank the plants
>intense emotional bond with this tree
>feel like I've taken drugs I'm so happy
>suddenly feel super paranoid and scuttle home again

Sounds weird typing it out but this is honestly what I was thinking at the time. Total detachment from reality, but feels normal and right when its happening. I was only when I told a doc about it that I could see how far from reality I was.
>>
Used to think that there might be some weird memory, which I'm suppressing, that is the root of most of my individuality.
But recently I started to get the impression it might just had been an accident, where I got knocked around, that's responsible for my inner tension and behavior.

Will see what happens next month, gonna get some rest/meditation/relaxation planned in the hopes I can get to the root of it.
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 205x246px
I'm plagued by nightmares. I often wake up crying and have sleep paralysis about twice a month.
>>
>>741041959
Well, besides my nightmares sometimes I see / hear strange things when I'm awake. Last time I turned around and my reflection on the mirror did motions while I was completely frozen. Usually I see a faceless person watching me from the other room or saw indistinguishable voices. These are rare and I'm not diagnosed with any mentall illness except my depression so I don't know why I can see or hear these.
>>
I used to get this nightmare every night while living in this one apartment.
>wake up
>hear someone calling my name through the door
>open it and step out
>im in my childhood home that burnt down
>my room was upstarts at the end of the hall
>everything was burnt (but not destroyed)
>hear my mother's voice singing (audibly in my ear) as something is walking up the stairs
>it looked like my mom but was missing her face (just a black pit where her face should be)
>i freak the fuck out a dash past her down the stairs and out the front door
>running down the street
>everyone is missing their faces i hear muffled screams from every direction
>get to my apartment, get into my room and lock the door
>sitting in my bed rocking
>something knocking at my door
>grab closest thing to a weapon i can
>scream "who the fuck is it"
>my gf responds with "its me silly"
>sigh of relief as i open the door
>she has her face
>i explain everything
>she giggles and calls me silly again
>tells me she has a gift and hands me a photograph
>look down at the photo
>it's a picture of her screaming while bound to a table
>look back at her terrified
>her face is gone
>loudest blood curdling scream as a hand reaches out of the whole that his her face
>wake up shaking
After i moved out of that apartment I've never had it again.
>>
>>741040073
hey are there any stabbers down there?
>>
Sometimes I hear screaming and chanting from the cemetery near my house. Other neighbors do as well.
The cops has been out there several times in case it was kids or crimes going on but never found anything. And the second the cops leave it starts again.
I'm not a "paranormal" kind of person but it's freaky as shit. I never walk across the park that goes through it anymore.
>>
>>741040073

Every time I see that picture he just looks like the kinda weird but friendly downstairs neighbour asking if you wanna hit a bong with him.

On topic though, whenI was a kid I used to have pretty regular dreams about being chased at night across the fields near my family home.
They stopped at about 10 if I remember rightly, though when I was 12 and went for a walk across the fields at night for the first time I was still a little spooped.
>>
>>741042469
nope no stabbers down her mista
>>
File: 1501839913817.jpg (49KB, 324x299px) Image search: [Google]
1501839913817.jpg
49KB, 324x299px
>>741042465
That's fucked dude...
>>
>>741042465
good story, saw a movie about that
>>
>>741042469
StabbeRS? Or stabber? Because there's no stabbers down here, kid. Come see for yourself!
>>
>>741042129
Before i was born my brother used to tell stories about "the chocolate man" and how he told him things about his younger brother.
This is all according to my mom
>mom and dad leaves for a party
>hires baby sitter for the night
>by brother (7) slept on the top bunch and sister (8) on the bottom
>baby sitter hears a quite conversation from the kid's room
>says "you two are supposed to be asleep"j
>she turns the corner and sees this fucking tall silhouette like thing hunched over the top bunk
>it's gone the next second
>brother sits up
>looks her dead in the eyes
>"you scared him away"
>she calls my parents that instant
>parents rush home police are there talking to my brother
>my dad thinks it'd be funny to ask him what the man told him
>brother starts spewing it stories about his younger brother
>he was born with 8 toes
>he has hair down to his back
>he hurt his leg in a forest
>he burnt his hand during a party
>other things
Cont.
>>
File: IMG_1642.jpg (47KB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1642.jpg
47KB, 450x328px
Bees, hornets, and wasps. basically anything that flies, buzzes, and can sting you. I have stress dreams where im being swarmed by flying insects trying to sting me and people either watching me or dead from swarm. Highschool was always rough for me in the summer and spring cause the bees and hornets would all be out at my lunch period and land on my food. I know theyre harmless if you dont agitate them but i for the life of me cannot be near them.
>>
File: LISA5282014--vert.jpg (121KB, 216x672px) Image search: [Google]
LISA5282014--vert.jpg
121KB, 216x672px
It the category of imaginary friends, it's the illustrations made by kids and people who had them as kids that gives you the best idea of why it's so terrifying.
And for some reason the children is almost never afraid of what they see, yet it's nightmare fuel for everyone else. And like the other anon said, it's a world wide thing among millions of kids.
>pic related, drawings made by both teens and a small child depicting what they saw/is seeing
>>
File: 2.jpg (2MB, 1808x1703px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 1808x1703px
>>741042860
>i was born with two toes suck together on each foot
>i grow my hair out every year and donate it
>four years ago i went camping with friends, fell down a hill and fractured my knee
>two Years ago at a bonfire i dropped my hatchet into the fire and grabbed it out of the flame and burnt the shit out of my hand

There are stories like two more stories my mom has in a notebook that she keeps hidden from me so i don't see my "future" she thinks this is all real and i think she's a bullshit lier. My brother says he doesn't remember anything like that.
>>
File: 9884455555.jpg (377KB, 2356x1571px) Image search: [Google]
9884455555.jpg
377KB, 2356x1571px
I got one that fucked me up for a bit

>Be 28
>Work at local game store
>Guy comes in every other day
>We talk about random games and shit
>He's a pretty cool guy
>One day he asks if I want to chill after work
>We grab some food and head to his place
>He lives with his parents still
>His house is ghetto as fuck
>House is rotting and the lawn is dead
>Inside is semi-clean
>Looks like a normal house on the inside
>His parents are totally monotone
>No facial expressions or voice tones at all
>Really creepy but whatever
>We head to his room to finish our food
>Normal looking room
>Right away notice this awful smell
>Smells like really bad wet metal
>Can't even finish my food so I ask him
>"Oh that smell is just my blood bags"
>Confused as fuck
>"Under my bed I keep a bunch of my blood"
>I quickly stand up from sitting on his bed
>He pulls out a duffle bag from under the bed
>Unzips it and pulls out a bunch of zip-lock bags
>They're full of dark red liquid
>"I keep all the blood I've ever split in here"
>His expression turns blank like his parents
>"You know, for when they try to kill me..."
>There were at least 30 bags of blood in there
>I grab my things and quickly leave

Turns out he was just a total fucking freak, he explained to me that he started cutting himself when he was bullied in high school, and he started just collecting the blood in little plastic bags, but these bags were FILLED TO THE FUCKING BRIM, so I have no idea what was really in them, doubt it was 100% blood, the smell stuck with me for the longest time, I remember chain washing my clothes and gargling mouthwash to try to get the taste out of my head, he also talked about being a reincarnation of a mountain lion.
>>
>>741041703
I've struggled with sleep paralysis for years and it still scares the shit out of me. I have never seen any beings or silhouettes but just about every time it happens the same way.

I'll suddenly wake up with a feeling that something is wrong. I soon realize that I can't get up or even raise my head. Sometimes I can wiggle my fingers or toes and I have actually tried to wake my fiance up multiple times by tapping her with my toe or finger.

Not every time but often I'm unable to breathe. I can even feel myself fighting against it. Like I try and raise my head up and open my eyes but I can only raise it about an inch before I feel physically drained and have to give in. Sometimes I'm able barely open my eyes but the same thing happens. Like there is some external force fighting me to keep me in this state. It always ends with me bursting up and gasping for breath as if I've been underwater.

I wish I had more answers but to me it feels like something draining me rather than trying to scare or communicate with me.
>>
>>741043766
Also the creepiest time it happened was in the common room of my college dorm. There were 4 other people in the room, light on, tv on, drinking and talking. I could hear everything they were saying but I couldn't snap out of it. That one lasted a REALLY long time.

It seems when this happens if someone touches me in a familiar way it breaks me out of it.
>>
>>741043266
That middle one is something else man. Very creepy. It triggers all the right creepiness sensors in my brain
>>
>>741043266
When i was a about 9 years old i had an "imaginary friend" who wore this mask, she would tell me to do stuff for her and if i didn't she would take it off and it was fucking terrifying. So i did (mostly) everything she asked me to. It was stuff like move that, draw this, say this, and the worst of it, she told me to kill the neighbors dog because it wouldn't stop barking. I refused, the mask came off and i screamed at her, not in fear but anger. That was the last time i saw it.
>>
>>741041703
it's already time to stop believing in santa clause no?
>>
honestly if a ghost girl or something popped in my room, i'd just give it a clean right hook to the jaw and basically knock it out, and then i'd just fuck her while unconscious
>>
I don't really have nightmares but I see things before falling asleep. It's hard to explain. It starts with a dream but it's not a usual dream because I'm awake and I know that it's just a dream. These aren't scary at all just everyday situations. In that "dream" I see something completely normal and for some reason I freak out of it. After that I start to see pictures about everything from children bathing happily to dead bodies. I can't stop it because if I open my eyes I still see them. There are a few ways to escape from these. The one I use the most often is I don't go sleep till I can't be awake anymore. The other one is to sleep with other people.
>>
>>741043296
fuck that's creepy
>>
>>741044885
> ghost girl
> fuck her
I guess this time, you'll be the one asking
> is it in yet, i can't feel anything?
>>
File: 729c835.jpg (1MB, 2456x1632px) Image search: [Google]
729c835.jpg
1MB, 2456x1632px
I'm claustrophobic and I absolutely hate small spaces and type of stuff. Small caves and tunnels in particular. There's nothing more terrifying than being in a tiny little dark hole with nothing but solid rock all around you and no way to escape. The fact that underwater cave diving even exists fucking baffles my mind. There is literally no amount of money you could pay me to get me to do that.
>>
>>741045116
hey man, since i was a teen i have been sexualizing my fears, its the reason to why i never have nightmares
>>
>>741045311
> it's the reason I don't have nightmares
Only wet dreams
>>
>>741040615
im so sorry for you :(
have you tried techniques for lucid dreams?
then you can alter what happens to you I think.
Prolong your life, just fuck every night or so :D
>>
>>741041163
im so sorry for you :(
have you tried techniques for lucid dreams?
then you can alter what happens to you I think.
Prolong your life, just fuck every night or so :D
>>
>>741045468
that was ment for the night terror guy, but you could probably also profit from trying lucid dream techniques
>>
File: ohgod.jpg (44KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
ohgod.jpg
44KB, 480x720px
I hate lifts. Metal ones in particular. Always been afraid of getting stuck in them.
>>
>>741045440
pretty much, anytime i have a dream that would start off as a nightmare would always end in me fucking whatever is haunting my dreams, highly recommend learning this skill
>>
>>741040969
that sounds soooo fucked up, omg!
i guess the part at the beginning that's so detailed and normal convincing you youre awake makes it even worse
>>
I'm afraid to die alone without anyone to love, it's not the sex either I just want someone I can love and talk too and cuddle with
>>
usually 1-2times/month when i'm dreaming (doesn't matter what is the dream) i trying to YELL but I can't. I can only speak at the normal volume.
it's frustrating
>>
>>741042414
im so sorry about that. thats very awful.
>>
>>741042549
Where at
>>
>>741040073
I'm afraid I'll never be the man my father is

I'm afraid I'll never be the person I think I deserve to be
>>
>>741046615
>I'm afraid I'll never be the person I think I deserve to be
> the person I think I deserve to be
How do you deserve to be a certain person and what made you deserve it? Do you already deserve it, or is it an upcoming event that will decide, whether you're worthy of living the life you'd like to live or not?
>>
>>741043296
This is why I don't hangout with people I meet from/at work, met someone who had a fetish for hanging dolls from the ceiling, was the creepiest shit I have ever seen.
>>
When i was 9 my dad left for Germany for a few weeks, when he came back everybody acted normal but i was convinced that he wasn't my dad. I kept asking him personal questions, i watched him carefully every day to see if anything is off, i listened to the way he talked, i took notes of every fucking thing he did. Nothing anyone could do or say would convince me that he was my father. Then he left for again for another week and came back, that's when i finally believed it was him again.

I mean even now i think it's weird, but according to my mom the main argument i had that he wasn't really him was "his eyes are just not the same".
>>
>>741041898
What about sleeping together with gf/bf? Does it do anything?
>>
I had this weird dream about a disfigured voluptuous black lady about a week ago. I was on this short cliff and I saw her standing on the ground in front of it. I looked down and that's when I saw her, she looked up and it was so fucking weird, she looked like some disfigured glitched character on some 3D video game. It kinda reminded me of those weird "shrek is love shrek is life" type animations you find on YouTube where the animator purposefully disfigures the characters so as to achieve a comedic effect. This lady looked similar to that only much eerier and creepier, like some statue that had been carved really badly, or a real life Picasso... but sorta different to all of that. Very difficult to explain. Anyway so when I looked down at her she twisted her disfigured face up at me and so I (for some pointless reason) actually ran down the side of the fucking cliff, where it sloped down and eventually touched the ground (I foolishly did this as opposed to simply running in the opposite direction to where she was). She chased me for a bit until I used my technique for waking up from nightmares (always works) which is blinking my eyes very rapidly. I woke up at about 5am and didn't want to fall asleep again in the hope that I would just fall into that dream again.
>>
>>741045724
:((((
>>
File: 1501722757886.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501722757886.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>741040073
I feel indirectly responsible for the death of at least 3 people
>>
>>741046802
I know I'm capable of doing a lot more with my life. But I'm comfortable, it's easy, and I'm getting by without too much struggle. But I could be more. Everyday that goes by is an unnoticable change, but it's been happening like this for 20 years, and soon I'll just be dead.
>>
>>741040073
other humans. just going outside is hard for me.
life sucks, I will die as a virgin too.
>>
>>741047269
Nope still happens. My gf wakes me up sometimes when she notices but thats all.
>>
>>741045724
everything dies alone, mate. Be so focused on enjoying life, that everything else becomes unnecessary. A girl will come along.
>>
>>741045724
my nigga btw. I'm this guy >>741047530
>>
>>741047526
So instead of being happy with your comfortable life. You've made up a conceptual test, that you have to past, in order to be happy with yourself, but never will, since the test is designed in a way, that you'll never take/pass it?
>>
Am I the only one that is fucking terrified by clowns?
>>
>>741040073
I am afraid of ayyy lmaos
>>
>>741040073
I used to be scared kid, saw some ghosts and had pretty wild imagination.
Now at almost 40, i honestly am not afraid of anything.
>>
>>741041186
dude, when you die thats not the end lmao you're crazy brainwashed
>>
For the first time last night I experienced something really weird. I was sleeping, but I was awake at the same time. I've heard a lot about this before but I've never experienced it myself. I was aware that I was awake while still sleeping, so in my dream I guess, I managed to get out of bed and exit my bedroom. I got to the hallway, and there were someone there looking at me. I freaked the fuck out and then I woke up. I'm really scared that this will happen again.
Also, I'm really scared of the deep, dark sea.
>>
I'm terrified of humans and social interactions in real life.
I live on my own. Have no contact with anyone.
>>
>>741048366
exactly this. consciousness lives on, still afraid of an heroing though cause I don't know if and how this will affect me in the afterlife
>>
>>741048366
I know, we all go to Valhalla.
>>
I am afraid of becoming disabled.
While beeing physically handicapped would be a major problem I am more worried about becoming a full time potato
>>
>>741048410
sounds like astral travelling did you see yourself laying on your bed?
>>
>>741048540
I didn't see myself, I never looked back. Everything was really dark so I didn't really see much. So I'm not sure if this was just a dream or if I actually got out of bed half alseep.
>>
>>741048454
>onsciousness lives on
im glad you understand consciousness lives on, not alot of people get it, i dont believe in relgion or anything but i know for a fact my consciousness is what makes me, not this human body or these feelings or sent or site, non of that, my consciousness is me, so many fukin people or so ignorant to understand that
>>
>>741040176
No way. That's the nicest way to die (if you keep a clean internet history). It's just over before you know it. The pain of a death is more scary than actual death you know. Instant peaceful death is something we should hope for.

>>741041163
>>741041703
Ever consider you might be, well, not possessed exactly, but paired off with/pursued and speficially targeted by demonic entities?

>>741041729
Sounds like you have a spastic adrenal gland... Shitty.

>>741042359
I look forward to the day when we finally understand what causes this in people.

>>741042381
I am also convinced I have repressed memories that are the center of most of my relationship-deadening habitualities (<-- if that isn't a word it fucking should be).
I'm always worried when Im 40 or something it'll all come back to me.
If I remember, I might be able to understand and change.
Or, I might be more fucked up than ever cause the brain represses things for a reason.
Anyways I'll probably never do regression as I'd rather thing stayed the same than got worse. And maybe I can work on bettering myself without knowing.

>>741042465
Again I am at a loss for an explanation that isn't sp00py demonic entities.

>>741043266
>>741044172
Those bottom two are pictures by an artist who did illustrations for preteen age demographic horror story compilations. I used to own a shitload of them. They're the kind of books you buy in little touristy town gift shops or gas stations. I don't remember what the series was called.

>>741043295
Is your mom otherwise known to be a fucking nutterbutter? If she's not clearly generally unbalanced mentally then I'd trust her.

>>741044885
You can't physically fight paranormal manifestations.
>>
>>741048458
you can go there if you want, you can go/create any simulation you like after death in this simulation.
>>
>>741040777
I know you do. The light makes it harder for you to see me out there.
>>
File: 1500933210030.png (547KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500933210030.png
547KB, 1200x900px
>>741049078
Kek gotta be really desperate to travel that far to spy on someone.
>>
>>741045311
>>741045631
Twice in my life I have had random dream sex with entities that would normally scare the fucking shit out of me. And the got over the fear. Weird.

>>741048965
Your conciousness is a byproduct of your brain. When your brain dies so does your conciousness. Or, you know, maybe not. You won't know til you know...
>>
>>741040073

The other night I had a dream that my wife managed to talk me into cutting of our two year old daughters arms and legs. After it was done, she could still move her toes and feel her limbs but she couldn't do anything but lay there and cry. Most of the dream was really just me sobbing and my internal voice screaming "But why did I do it?" over and over.
My daughter didn't look two in the dream, she looked like a newborn.

We've been arguing about whether we can afford to send her to a private school or not, and I've been pushing for home schooling, so I'm assuming the dream was related to that.

Still fucked me up pretty bad tbh.
>>
>>741049229
i know
>>
>>741049229
>Your conciousness is a byproduct of your brain
Wrong. The brain is just an antenna and consciousness is a signal from another dimension. Since your physical body exists in a lower plane of existence it strongly limits the way you perceive the world around you. Some psychoactive substances like DMT for instance can help break free of those limitations.
>>
>>741049484
exactly, this guy knows
>>
>>741049250
Sounds like you fear that either option will restrict her as a person.
> send her away, she gets molded into the system and loses her individuality
> home school her, she'll be perceived as an outcast, distancing her from other children and social experiences.
But what do I know.
>>
>>74104948This world is a hollogram
>>
>>741049484
> DMT: The spiritual molecule

> take perception altering drug
> perception is now altered
> brain desperately tries to make sense of altered perception
> the only logical conclusion is to assume your perception is true without questioning, otherwise you'd notify yourself of being high by realizing gaps in logic
> most humans have gods/angels/soul/magic/aliens as the entities that do not need a logical conclusion to exist
> so the brain picks those to interpret the information with
> creates an imaginary world to fill the void
>>
>>741049670
I hollowed out your gran
>>
>>741049250
So you want to give into your wife and appease her but you genuinely think that what your wife wants is really terrible for your daughter. I'd guess thats what your subconcious is trying to tell you.
>>
>>741040073
Spiders. That is it.

At 31 years old the other day after never telling anyone for fear it would ve used against me my dad found out.

>be me
>dad wattering pet cow
>anon grab that hose and bring it here
>grab hose and walk half way there
>giantfuckyouspider.jpg
>all of my nope
>my fat ass fuck near does a backflip and says fuck about 65 times
>dad visibly confused
>looks down
>spider just chillin
>launch sides engaged
>tells EVERYONE

Cool...
>>
>>741040368
That really sucks anon
>>
>>741040615
Anon go see a doctor. Please.

That is EXACTLY the kind of agit that drove my brilliant friend insane.

Smartest guy i ever met. Now homeless and thinks uncle sam has nano bots after him or some shit.
>>
>>741040615
Also, ihes schizophrenic
>>
File: IMG_1570.jpg (80KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1570.jpg
80KB, 500x556px
>>741040176
>>
>>741040969
Thats fucked anon.

The drop alone should wake u
>>
>>741041186
Man, meanwhile i wish daily a semi would swerve and murder me...
>>
>>741041735
That is the beauty of it.

If you do go crazy you wont know you are crazy by definition.

Jusy live life and try to make the best of it
>>
>>741040073
The problem with my nightmares is that they always start with me waking up from bed normally. The only ways i can realize im in my nightmare is
A) the lights wont turn on
B) if i touch people they turn to dust and their eyes to beads.
I can wake up after A no prob.
If b happens then i have to find a way to kill myself in my sleep fast so it can end. Otherwise really bad shit starts happening in there and it lasts a few minutes before i can wake up...
On the bright side i found out recently that by screaming reallly really loud i can wake up sometimes. Pretty hard to do while dreaming tho
>>
>>741041186
I'm no longer afraid of death, I don't hasten it or anything; but if it's my time then whatever. There is a season for everything, including us. You think you do, but you don't understand what it is to live forever if you do.
>>
>>741043295
ANON

You ever live in Kansas???

When i was a kid i had a friend like this
>>
>>741050465
Maybe you do die, but god gives you another chance each time. Like, did you try to expect it, avoid it or fight back preventively?
>>
>>741041419
Hold on, what did you reply to? Why would that get deleted? Why would someone's nightmare warrant a deletion?
>>
>>741040073
I'm afraid of the actual humans that live in this filth, not that faggot with the mask....
>>
>>741051042
So, you do realize that humans naturally die at some point. Yet still think it's impossible to live forever, since this natural thing, that is bound to happen to the people you meet, will happen and you won't be able to bear it?
Or is your quarrel with immortality not about the rest of humans dying?
>>
>>741040969
Shit meant to you: >>741051113
Not >>741050465
Sorreh
>>
>>741045561
Shit.

Being stuck isnt bad anon.

Its the falling almost 3 stories and crashing in the fucking basement in the dark with a dead phone that will get you.

AND FUCKING OF COURSE TJE BASEMENT TURNS OUT TO BE THE FUCKING LANDSCAPE AND YARDWORK FAGGOTS FUCKING LAIR. Must have stepped on 30 rakes before i lost my shit and just threw a fucking tantrum. Bad idea. After feeling around for a fucking hour i got turned around and now had like 400 fucking rakes and shovels and boxes of shit scattered. When i finally found the lights i had 3 broken or dead flashlights in my hand hunting for batteries.

I wrote a note saying fuck your piece of shit elevator and fuck this room and trashed the fucking place and left.
>>
>>741046615
I used to be that way anon.

It's easier to just give up. If your dad is half the man you pride him to be its an unreasonable goal.

Fortunately for me tho i am depressed and suicidal as fuck.

I am pretty much the exact person i deserve to be...
>>
>>741041186
Tell me what did you do in the year 1860?
>>
>>741047438
Why?
>>
>>741047530
Probably some sort of social anxiety anon. See a shrink and try meds my man
>>
>>741040073
I constantly have dreams of a dystopian version of my city where the weather is nonstop rain with dim and grey sky. All the buildings are massive, ugly brutalist blocks and there's an unusually large amount of factories releasing thick smoke every few blocks. There are also railways everywhere for some reason.
All the dreams set in there are extremely unpleasant versions of past occurrences and old friends, I can't even begin to describe how depressing and shitty those dreams are. They don't bother me much, I just wonder how my brain is so good at coming up with shitty scenarios in such great detail. I can even smell the garbage, pollution and rain.
>>
>>741041703
Schizophrenia
>>
I'm afraid of whales
>>
>>741051283
My problem with the idea of immortality is the fact that after a while you'll have to change your way of thinking to fit in if you don't just want to live in the woods forever. Then you'll have to do it again, and again, and again. Forever. Or until the inevitable end of the universe. That's a whole lot of work, and for what? What does anything matter if you're the only one to appreciate it? Our only true biological imperative is to breed and stay alive long enough to breed, that's it. What happens when we no longer can? Do we just go crazy beating off into infinity? I'd like to believe that this is just a weigh station for the soul, and personally I don't want to be held up.
>>
>>741051724
Sounds cozy af
>>
>>741051724
Quit watching blade runner, problem solved
>>
>>741042449
Medication???
>>
>>741048454
That is the single only reason i dont slit my fucking throat right this second...
>>
>>741051766
So your problem stems more from 'how would an immortal being be accepted by other humans'.
I think you're making the mistake of assuming an immortal being wants to fit in. Why would it, it can just wait for fashion to change to favor it, instead of changing itself. This would also negate the argument of effort, since you're not doing anything.
I also would argue that an immortal being shouldn't do much more than perceive, at least, that's what I would do.
Imho, you're making the mistake of taking human reasoning and applying it to something else. Most of our behavior is time consuming and thus has value, because we die.
If we do not die, why engage in any of that behavior. You can't pass an infinite amount of time with it anyway.
Can't really argue your last sentence though, that's just personal belief.
>>
>>741051113
All of these.
>>
>>741051315
Kek. I see
>>
>>741048454
how exactly will the electric functioning of data in our brain live on after our brain is killed through lack of oxygen?
>>
>>741052173
What makes your life so shitty that you would want to do that?
>>
>>741052173
I feel you bro
>>
I really don't like niggers.
>>
>>741040073
I'm afraid of my loved ones leaving me, as well as some evil spirits

Yes I still have nightmares, in fact I had one today about a cat clawing the fuck out of my face.

My traumatic experience was losing everything and having to start over in life.
>>
The thing that scares me most is what Trump is doing to our LGBT & Muslim bothers & sisters and how that #pieceofshitnotmypresident is out to end diversity !!!!
>>
>>741052456
see
>>741049484
Consciousness is independent of the brain. All the memories are stored in the consciousness itself which is non physical. The brain only stores the most important stuff, but your actual consciousness stores every single experience you have ever had
>>
File: 0aa0asdd.jpg (183KB, 1888x954px) Image search: [Google]
0aa0asdd.jpg
183KB, 1888x954px
>>741052242
>Real free clocks?
>>
>>741052671

I don't have any trans or muslim brothers and sisters, and I don't want any, so I say "Godspeed, Trump."
>>
>>741052242
But that's the problem, is we'd still be essentially human, we just no longer age and won't die. We are still our selves. We could wait around for things to change and then make our move, but that's boring. In all honesty, what would you do once everyone you know dies? And quite a few of them will probably live out all of their years, so then what? When they're old as shit and you haven't changed, what will you do then? What's the point of having relationships at all once you know you can't have them the rest of your life? I don't want to be lonely all my days, and I am not a fan of using people and then discarding them. My only option though would be to just live in seclusion. Not to mention if a government ever found out about me they'd lock me away, I'm not willing to put up with that kind of hassle either. I'm already imprisoned in this body for eternity, why have another?
>>
>>741052838
Fucking die you small dicked privileged piceofshit
>>
>>741048413
Does your heart race, sweaty hands, etc. when you try to talk to new people or even see a person close to you? It might be social anxiety, I have it and I try to avoid conversations at all costs. I even lost a lot of opportunities. When you want to avoid a conversation, talk it will help. Not instantly, but it will take time of course.
>>
>>741047937
My wish is to see or humanity as a whole makes contact. Even if its at the cost of complete take over
>>
>>741051747
>Schizophrenia
Nope already been tested. (twice).
>>
>>741052487
Not him but I'm in a similar situation. Some people are unable to properly learn social skills and can't put themselves out there.
If you're in your mid 20's and feel like everyone around you doesn't give a shit about you and expects YOU to approach them (as if they're doing you a favor spending their precious time with you), when you have no social skills whatsoever and no opportunity to learn them you just know it's pointless living on like that.

And knowing that you will never have a gf, let alone friends it's no surprise you want your life to end so you can start your next life with better preconditions.
>>
>>741040073
Most of the dreams I have are nightmares, usually someone trying to break into my house or running away and not being fast enough
>>
>>741052986
Extreme heart rate, can't breath, my stomach does backflips (or it feels like it) and I get blackouts if I'm not able to leave the situation withing a few minutes.
Walked for over 7 hours in a blizzard instead of taking a bus once. That's how bad it is for me.
>>
>>741047110
Gutentag. We has your fathers soul and the fisikal appearance of your father has the soul of a zyklon B victim.

Gruß gott,

Team Mengele.
>>
>>741052911
We're very different people. I'd never assume a relationship would last for life.
Not because trust issue, but because it seems to me, that everyone is walking on their path. You hardly can control where someone else is going and when you do, the relationship gets tiring quickly. I find happiness in getting to know people, helping them to get to know themselves and sending them off to live their lifes.
I also don't fear the loss of relationships until the end of life. You can continuously form new relationships and serves as a looking glass into the past for people. Which also makes it interesting due to new perspectivesand ideas. These relationships can even be with animals and plants, no humans needed.
Once I truly reach the end and there is nothing left, what else is there to do, but to sit down and imagine a world in your head. You had an entire universe to draw inspiration from.

But of course that is under the assumption, there is no other spiritual world we exist in.
>>
Scared of roaches and mice and I'm a 29 year old man haha.
I literally jumped on top of a table when a mouse showed up at our break room hahaba
>>
>>741053515
I don't fuck with bugs but mice man? It's like a hamster
>>
>>741051724
The realization your life hasn't brought anything good and never will.

This is the warm up for the inevitable an hero you'll do.
>>
>>741051755
Then don't go to the mall! Muricaaa!
>>
>>741052487
A laundry list of sadsac bullshit.

Just been in a really bad place for a really long time. I have tried hard to nut up and shake myself out of it. Been to therapy, on meds, etc...

Just cant do it anymore man. I fucking hate my life and pretty much everything in it. I'm tired. I want the constant worry and sadness in my head to fuckoff and stop for just 5 minutes.
>>
File: 1501783935827.jpg (28KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
1501783935827.jpg
28KB, 627x626px
>>741052671
Lol.

Trump IS your president.
>>
>>741052813
Watches. And ues just pay shipping!
>>
>>741052838
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 346x146px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 346x146px
>>741052976
HEEEEEEhehehehehe!
>>
Um.. as i read the thread,
>all of the above
>>
>>741053227
>he's not crazy
>his mother had him tested!
>>
>>741053803
Do you usually vent this out or keep it to yourself? Either way, you might consider changing strategy.
If it's chemical imbalance, meds will work. In any other case try gestalt therapy but it'll take some years, or man the fuck up. Your pick.
>>
>>741053425
What the fuck broken english shit was that
>>
>>741053678
Awesome.
>>
>>741053803
Pay more attention to your surroundings if your surroundings suck then set yourself time to improve/change them
>>
>>741053439
It's not that I expect relationships to last forever, it's the hope that they will. I find that in a relationship people do need to pursue their own goals, of course ; but it's about growing together. if you can't age and experience life with them then you're nothing more than a experience parasite, always watching but never truly being part of something. I also
can not take the constant heartbreak of something I love or someone I love to die and then to never be able to possibly see them again. I feel like immortality wound sever you from the chance to continue on into whatever other consciousness there may be. I think that it stunts whatever knowledge might be gained, and ostracizes you from the living all together.
>>
>>741054033
>mother
No I went of my own free will to the center of psychological research here in my town after talking to my psychologist.
>>
For all the people with nightmares, smoke weed. It takes away your dreams/makes you unable to recall them. Didnt remember any dream in atleast a year and i smoke one every night before going to bed.
>>
File: ajCyk_d.jpg (42KB, 413x550px) Image search: [Google]
ajCyk_d.jpg
42KB, 413x550px
Statues: nope.jpg

Statues + water: AWHELLNAW.webm
>>
>>741054266
So nothing is wrong with you. Feel better?
>>
>>741054376
>Feel better?
No why would I? Same shit still happens...
>>
>>741052838
Bootlicking faggot fell for the b8
>>
>>741054317
Did that for ten years. Then stopped the night before my son was born. (omen?)

But boy was do they come back! Those first weeks...hehehhe.
>>
>>741054317
Doesn't help me. Trust me I've tried, I spent most of my university years high as a fucking kite. Still had night terrors and nightmares.
>>
>>741054332
Wtf is that thing?
>>
>>741054682
Art. Paid for by all taxpayers.
>>
>>741040073
Looks like just an average British woman to me. Then again that is pretty scary.
>>
Same nightmare every night in my second childhood home for probably 6 years.

>Age 7-13
>Childhood bedroom, top floor. House is old style terraced house, UK.
>Essentially my bedroom was the loft/attic
>Started when I was 7, late on a night my bedside lamp would flicker. Not just once, like flicker beyond normal.
>Begged mum to change the bulb, bulb changed weeks later. Same thing that night. Constant flicker.
>Around age 8 the first instance of the nightmare.
>In bedroom, wake up. Hear mums voice from downstairs.
>Make my way down, get to the bottom floor.
>No one there, hear mums voice from her room, middle floor.
>Get to her room, she pop her head round the door and say don't go downstairs I heard it too.
>Enter bedroom assuming I'm safe with mum.
>Instant screaming and mum dissapears.
>I used to wake up and hear a voice, it would say everything and nothing at the same time. Be extremely loud and silent at the same time.
>24 years with long term girlfriend and Law Enforcement Career and I still hear the voice from time to time.
>>
if /b/ wat?
>>
I think I might have the strangest fear here..
I'm terrified of hot weather and strong sunlight
>inb4 vampire jokes, no..
I just get panic attacks if it's hot or getting really hot outside etc.
A blue sky with burning sunlight means I won't go outside.
Luckily I live above the arctic circle so... Month long nights in winter. And a cold summer.
>>
>>741054255
Well, it depends on our understanding of relationship then.
Now that I think about it, can you stop having a relationship? Even if that person ceases all contact and claims to not want a relationship. Your relationship will simply be that you dislike each other, or any combination thereof.

I wouldn't describe my behavior as parasitic, since I do try to improve their lifes and do not do it solely because I like/need it. I just try to do it in a way, that I make people conscious of their options and desires, but not chose in what to engage for them and think that it is a more natural way to let someone evolve, than the regular forms of relationships.

Dieing is an important and interesting experiences, that does create value in time and actions. However, in this scenario, wouldn't I be the only/first person to have the opportunity to achieve immortality? If so, wouldn't I owe it to humanity to explore that experiences?

To be fair, I have been repeatedly told, that I lack the will to engage in strong emotions like love and hate and you seem to be more capable of that.
I guess that's why we have such different approaches.
I only recently met someone who seems to think very similar to you, who introduced me into the concept of existence based on emotions and brains being receiver.
>>
>>741055303
ceased to exist
>>
>>741040368
Why? Brain chemistry?
>>
>>741040969
first remember you're in a dream and step out of your body
think of it like changing camera angle or position, in a video game it really helps
>>
>>741042129
I think that has to do with the way face recognition develops in children. In adults, faces in the periphery of the visual field are distorted, while those in direct eyesight appear normal. In children that may still be developing.

See https://i.imgur.com/tnL0Cn1.gif
>>
>>741053678
I like to think it's a glimpse to another universe, and the me in that universe sees dreams of my world and complains on 4chan about how nice his dreams are.
>>
>>741055819
>periphery
Still doesn't explain how children (including my self as a kid) could be looking at their imaginary friends dead on, right in the face and be 100% sure they exist.
>>
>>741055487
I didn't mean to employ that you are parasitic, I meant only to say that a life without what I consider worth isn't a life I would want. Having new experiences would definitely be amazing, but after a while those things dull; especially if you run out of new things. If you're capable of experiencing life the way you say you do, then you are one of the few people that could possibly make that whole immorality thing work. And I hope if it's ever achievable that you get a shot at it. But don't you think after a while you'd lose all emotion? Would you see people as just play things to pass the time? I don't think I'd want the possibility of completely losing my humanity.
>>
>>741040073
I'm afraid of commitment. Is that scary for anyone else?

I've been actively avoiding getting a gf, avoiding responsibility, avoiding my family. I just wanna be alone is all. I know it's destructive but I can't stop running away from commitment.
>>
I got old (48 now) and nightmares about scary creatures for me stopped probably at 30. Most recent recurring nightmares:

>Be in unfamiliar town, walking around
>Gangs trying to kill me
>Need to get to car to get the fuck out of there
>Can't remember where I parked it
>Or, it's in parking garage but I left keys and wallet in hotel
>Or, it's past hotel checkout time and they're going to seize all my stuff including wallet and keys, and I got to get back before they do but it's too far away

Sometimes my dead brother is with me, and I say "Wait, I thought you died?" and he says "I did" but I don't think it's weird or anything, we just continue through the town.

I get sleep paralysis every couple years and I just think "oh, I got sleep paralysis, funny how the brain works" and lay there trying to shout "WAKE UP!" until it goes away.
>>
>>741055899
It's because the limited visual processing that happens only to faces in the periphery (in adults) may be happening to faces that are being looked at directly by children in their imagination sometimes, because their visual processing hasn't fully developed yet (their brain doesn't yet know how to process imagined faces).
>>
>>741054061
Mostly just vent here or dont talk about it.

Tried to discuss it with 2 people and then they ganged up on me and made me go to councelling and quit drinking.

Now im even more pissed off and miserable.

Guess im next on the list to be the happy fun guy at every party and then just hang myself one day when i cant do it anymore.

Honestly thats about the best i got. Im no good for anything and constantly worry about what people think of me even though people fucking love me for some reason.
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (91KB, 340x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2419.jpg
91KB, 340x299px
Bees

Heights(unstable structures like catwalks, etc)

Glory Holes(dick might get chopped off)

Spinning Machinery(Ref: Rekt Threads)
>>
>>741057276
>Bees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
>>
>>741041183
Poor man
>>
File: DGV4mUtUIAIZzoN.jpg (105KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DGV4mUtUIAIZzoN.jpg
105KB, 768x1024px
>>741040176
had so many drunk/drugged experiences where I woke up and found out I almost died, yet have no recollection. Sometimes I wonder if I did die, and just got transported to a parallel life
>>
>>741040176
that's literally the best way to die. it's like you're floating from a dreaming state into a state where your consciousness is free and doesn't need your body anymore
>>
>>741057410
I hope a lesbian rapes you with a stap-on ribbed with razor blades
>>
Paranoid as fuck always feel like someone is out to get me. Plus i have killing dreams, either im doing it or someone else is. Like one i remember it was a gameshow and all the contestants had to find creative ways to kill each other in this big house. It felt so real, like, i could feel the knife in my hand.
>>
>>741041603
bruh. I'm so lucky, I've had sleep paralysis like 6 times and all that ever happened was the walls would warp and morph around and I'd kinda start to freak out cause I'd be expecting demons or some shit, then it ends after a while.
>>
>>741041186
Bro same here. Sometimes (at least 2 times a week) I'll think about dying before I fall asleep that I'll literally have a full on panic/anxiety attack to the point I pass out or violently shake until it passes. I'm into astrophysics so when I think about the entire Universe dying that fucks me up because then what!? Idk how I can change this.. I'm sure ppl will talk shit but I don't care I'm 27 years old and fucking terrified of death
>>
>>741040073
this pic is pure nightmare
>>
after repeated lysergi use I have been conflicted with the thought that I will suffer for all eternity after I die. moreover that the suffering has already begun since life seems inherently miserable and I think so much about what's to come

the scariest nightmare i had, i was in a mental hospital and a doctor led me to a room and was asking me questions going through a checklist and during that his eyes glowed yellow for a second. i asked him what that was and he said, "It's just something we do here." I turned around and walked away from him and when I turned back the door he led me through disappeared and I was trapped in a room with no exit and this doctor with me. the most notable feeling was that of acceptance, that now is when the torture finally surely begins and the point of no return has been well crossed.
then I woke up with the same listless feeling. no emotion, unlike my other nightmares. just calm acceptance and anticipation. i went back to sleep easily like nothing happened.
>>
You know what terrifies me the most? The fact that my tinnitus is eternal. I will never be able to enjoy a quiet moment in the rest of my life.

It will be the death of me, and it scares me
>>
>>741058094
Wow thats terrible. I never thought that big about death before on the scale of the galaxy just being wiped out.
>>
>>741040073
is it downstair or upstair
>>
File: triggered.png (248KB, 426x515px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
248KB, 426x515px
>>741057877
>>
>>741058196
It downstair
>>
>>741054152
Well, i mean oddly enough my surroundings are pretty fucking awesome. Mt house sucks and i need another 1 but thats only a short year or 2 away and we get to move out to the country. I work alone mostly ina woods and get to play on heavy machinery.

Finding more friends that woukd like to hang out and have a beer after work of drinking age is a challenge. Thats mostly what i miss.
>>
>>741042381
dude I'm on this same wave
>>
>>741048977
Habitualities
The word your looking for is habits
>>
>>741040480
samurai fool
>>
>>741055981
> you might make something out of it
Thanks, I think I would enjoy it for at least the first half of eternity.

> things dull
Well yeah, but you can also watch process that take millions of years to happen, so that would take some time.

> loss of emotion
Well, I believe emotions are a hindrance, especially in the case of love/hate, which make you act irrational.
However, I've come to the conclusion, that constructive behavior is more fun, so I'd still act benevolent.
The point is, that emotions and such are subjective and thus hinder me to only think in the interest of the person coming to me. So it would be a natural step to remove strong, subjective and destructive emotions, especially when direct at a single entity.

> how'd you see them?
I'd probably see them as children, that come to me for advice. That is not to say, I wouldn't chastise them, since they're free to screw up, however, I would remind them, that this behavior is not beneficial.

What exactly do you mean by humanity?
I have a feeling humanity is only the addition of some of the more human aspects, to a general tendency for constructive behavior.
> few animals kill for fun
>>
>>741054266
I was just giving u shit bro. Its an overused quote from big bang theory. Good on you for taking the steos tho. Therooy didnt helo me at all but i dont look at it like i used to. And anything that helps me understand mental illness is fine by me. I can either helo myself with it or maybe even prevent a suicide...
>>
>>741054332
HAHA.

Thats kinda odd. Statues really do it huh?

I have considered makibg them. Those people make a dickton of money.
>>
>>741058609
I think emotions are a large part of what makes us human, and specifically our empathy.
I also believe the older I've gotten the less emotional and sentimental I've become, if that trend continues through eternity I'd become an ubervulcan. I wouldn't want to do something logical just to have it ruin someone's life, even if it was necessary. Counter-productive, huh?
>>
File: IMG_0593.png (113KB, 474x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0593.png
113KB, 474x250px
>>741041603
Exact same dog head in my childhood nightmares. Happened 3 times a week for 4 years.

>"wake up" in my bed
>can't move
>loud breathing sound in my ear
>sounds like someone saying hush
>dog nails on a wood floor sound
>massive bolts of terror
>struggle to look towards the sound
>its the dog in the window
>huge black dog staring at me with eyes that look like embers
>dream zooms in on those eyes
>all sound stops
>can't scream
>can't breathe
>>
>>741040073

I'm afraid of seeing my parents get old and knowing their time is eventually shorter than mine. It pisses me off seimg my father who is a very strong man slowly lose his power for example etc etc. :(
>>
>>741040073
im scared of being in my garage alone at night because of a dream i had when i was like 6 of me standing in my garage and the garage door opening like 6 times per second that dream is the only one i could think of in my garage i didnt have anything bad happen in it
>>
So I have a recurring dream that keeps happening and has been happening for years apparently.

When I was a baby they found me outside of my crib with no explination

But from what I can remember, they started out when I was 7. That was the first occurrence. I'd wake up and get out of bed and see myself laying there, a figure would appear behind me; tall skinny, all black with a glowing green face. I can never make out his features, face just a glowing orb. At first he talks sweetly, his voice a whisper, telling me to follow him. Our house growing up was two stories so I'd follow him down the stairs. He'd act as if it was a game "don't wake your parents" "oh isn't this fun" he'd lead me to the front door and unlock the chain lock and lead me outside. That's when things get sinister...everything becomes a swirling black vortex around me sucking up the man as he circles me, pinning me there as he cackles, other figures rise out of the ground and chant "one of us, no escape, one of us"

The scary part about that instance was my parents found me in the yard Babbling about the man with the green face.

The dream always starts the same with me leaving my body. Of course he's gotten more sinister over the years, no more feigning niceness, if I choose not to follow him he taunts me about how he's gonna kill everyone I love, frame it on me, etc... then everything will go black and it will just be peircing screams
>>
>>741057671
I think about it many times. Like, perhaps we died a lot of times but we always experience a reality where we die in a natural way. Should I kill myself to know it? I don't think so, that's why I'm right.
>>
>>741057276
>Glory Holes(dick might get chopped off)

fuck my life. Spiders and this then
>>
>>741057877
What

The

Fuck

Anon

Why?
>>
>>741059868
Sure, empathy plays a big role, since otherwise it would be hard for me to figure out what the other person wants.
The problem is that emotions based on my own creation, encourage me to act irrationally, based on these emotions, maybe the solution is having a population composed of both rational and emotional people.

> counter-productive huh
Very much so, at least in my eyes. Putting the well being of the single individual above almost everything else. Leads to a society that does not consider the future and creates longterm damage for short term reward. Sound familiar?
I understand that people want to be individuals and free to act emotionally and irrationally, but maybe it's time to grow up and realize that you can only behave that way for so long, before it bites you in the ass. Human history has always been marked by suffering and sacrifice, recently a large amount of people started to think, that they would/will never have to sacrifice anything for the wellbeing of their society. In fact society is responsible for making sure they are never lacking and thus are shocked when you pitch it.
>>
>>741040073
I'm scared about passing away and still being a virgin, tbh -_-
>>
>>741060950
just accept it like I did
>>
>>741041603
Just wiggle with your toes when it happens. Trust me, it actually works.
>>
>>741060398
He pissed me off
>>
>>741062359
Dang man. Remind me to never ree at you. I wouldnt wish that shit on anyone
>>
>>741060864
No I get that you shouldn't just benefit a single person, but if I were to care for someone I wouldn't be able to help it. I've given up alot for those I care about most and I've learned not to do that by just not connecting with people. I wouldn't be able to do that for an eternity. I just rather go when it's my time. I'd probably just fuck shit up.
>>
>>741060209

Next time this thing appears, ignore anything it says. Instead, focus on projecting an intense white light burning away the darkness (exploding from your core).
>>
>>741060950
What is scary about that? Sad, ok, but scary?
>>
>>741043266
>>741048977
The bottom two pics are from a book series called Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Those fucking pictures were more terrifying than the stories, holy shit. Nightmare fuel of my youth.

Responding to two dubs about two pics (practically dubs in a sense). Wat.
>>
The house that I grew up in, it was a really old house in the middle of like a valley
>dude that we bought it kept pictures of himself on every single wall
>also kept mirrors on the doors to "keep away spirits"
>used to see scary shit every single night and sprint out of my bedroom into my parents room
>eventually parents move into what was my bedroom and i take a smaller one
>dad starts feeling shit touching his feet at night
>hear voices from living room that stop as you start walking downstairs
Parents eventually decided to move out as it was too much, the house was also surrounded by a huge forest that gave you a weird feeling when you walked through it
>>
>>741040073
Nothing. I have a healthy respect for danger like heights, wild animals or driving / riding above my skill. But I have no fears.
>Do you ever have nightmares?
Rarely, I usually wake up, go take a piss and fall right back asleep.
>Do you have any traumatic experiences that still scare you?
Negative.
>>
>>741040176
My mother died in her sleep if you dont reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight
>>
>>741040345
>im terrified of porcelain dolls
blank eyes staring at me. makes my skin crawl
>>
>>741041186
I'm afraid of death to an extent, but everytime I think about it I get a kind of anxious feeling not at the prospect of dying but after what could be after it. I don't believe in a religion or anything but I would like to believe that there's something, anything besides this.
>>
>>741060864
Pretty sure this thread is going to 404 soon, just wanted to say I really enjoyed talking to you.
>>
>>741049484
>the brain is an antenna

citation please
protip: you cant deliver faggot, bc thats esoterical bulshit.
>>
I'm sorry if this sounds bait, but seeing how most of the stories involve bad dreams, genuenly interested, did any of you guys try the lucid dream thingy? It does appear to work for some people, and i imagine that taking control of a would-be nightmare must feel awesome - like, one moment you are chased by a maniac in a house with no exit, the next you are god and he is completely in your mercy. Won't avertise books or anything, you can just look it up. Also contributing.

> spiders
> probably the most vanilla scare but had it pretty bad nonetheless
> used to have nightmares, periodically getting paranoid about a hypothetical giant flat spider behind me
> also ant super soldier, just google it (don't)

> pipelines and other water-related mechanisms that are old and rusty
> bonus points for sewer or basement
> never a nightmare about sewer that i can remember, but actually much, much scarier than spiders
> recurring idea of being trapped in a room in a sewer or blocked out by pipes in an old-style shower for some reason, with water going up slowly and me unable to do anything with it
> imagine it intentionally sometines for adrenaline and self-control
> was in an old pool once, the bottom tiles were black or very dark blue, created an impression there is no bottom, nearly had a heart attack
> every river trip a test for me because the water is typically brown with washed soil and whatever so cannot see own limbs sometimes

> identity-related fear of reflections
> had a dream once where i looked in a tall drawer mirror, realised it was me but somehow got so terrified it woke me up
> times look in mirrors IRL ant think calmly "who's body is this?", a moment later i'm freaking out
> used to stare into bathroom mirrors for minutes waiting for the reflection to go awry
> eyes not very good so half the time it happened
> still instinctively avoid eye contact in conversations, might be related
>>
Honestly scared of myself
I've done some bad stuff I know is bad all while my brain was arguing back and forth over the situation. I feel like I can't trust myself and shouldn't let anyone trust me
>>
>>741065264
watch the whole thing and be enlightened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWM95RuMqU
>>
Falling to death. There's no fighting involved, just waiting to smack the ground. That's my most common nightmare but it usually involves me not being in control. For example, someone driving off a cliff, or a plane crashing, being pushed off a ledge, etc.
>>
>>741064710
Same here, very civilized discussion. Have a nice weekend!

>>741063286
To each his own I guess. Too bad mine is harder to come by.
>>
Cancer, bears, fire, a delirium tremens and getting brutally tortured to death by OP.
>>
>>741065756
Mental illness is real and awful. Yet everyone denies it.
It's rarely to be seen on an x-Ray, like here, yet it is in everyone of us.
>>
>>741040969
Well I would say your dream is a manifestation of you being incredibly terrified of things happening that are out of control and not foreseeable. Maybe getting out of your comfort zone will make that dream less viable.
>>
Quite a while back I did two years as a mercy. We specialized in extractions. One mission went real bad when one of the bad guys threw a grenade into a hut that had six kids in it. We were there for the kids. Twenty nine in total. Brought out only twenty three. Still to this day i see those six kids in my dreams. What was left of them was a horror show. It will never leave me. The guilt I carry for not being able to kill that asshole before he threw that grenade.
>>
File: 1230583888286.jpg (41KB, 515x595px) Image search: [Google]
1230583888286.jpg
41KB, 515x595px
>>741067906
YojoWHAT?
I guess you are from Brazil or another south american country?
>>
>>741068081
> working as mercy

Must be a humanitarian mission from a "civilised" country then.
>>
>>741040368
Smoke dmt, just try it
>>
>>741040368
When I get night terrors it is either because of alcohol or anti psychotics. I assume that any psychoactive substance, even caffeine can cause them.
>>
I've had these vague nightmare eversince I was a kid. Basically, I'm just walking through some empty void from a first person pov, then a black ball-like object appears infront of me, and starts growing. That's about it. When it's reached a giant size, I usually wake up standing next to my bed.
>>
>>741068485
Heard something like that too. Must make sense, because most of such stuff energises the organism, so if you take it and go to sleep there might be sort of a conflict between the sleep process and the impulse to stay awake.
>>
>>741040073
What are you afraid of
>Death and then the "nothing" that comes after that.
Do you ever have nightmares
>Not really
Do you have any traumatic experiences that still scare you
>Oh yes.
>>
>>741068902
Nice.
I've had dreams about falling into bottomless holes and evil guys drowning me in cement before the age of 6.
>>
>>741068316
how does that help you just curious
>>
>tfw
>the first thing that came to mind was
>"my name jeff"
>>
Every night i have nightmares. Family members or peoples close to me trying to kill me buy punching a lot, sometimes im doing same to them. This is really scary when your father trying to drown you
>>
>>741040073
>>741040073
Just had a hard life, so i get dreams of killing people, then wake up with cum in my bed or fully errect
>>
>>741069548
one time I was sleepwalking and tried to pee in the fridge while my mom was in the kitchen. another time I actually peed into the trash bin
>>
>wake up
>no one can see you or hear you or notice you in any way.
>You find out that you died two days ago
>People cry.
>You cry
>You are now a ghost wandering the earth for all eternity, doomed to see all your friends family and loved ones die.
Don't get dependent on alcohol. Kinda obvious what so ever.That was about the vision that i had. Highly UNPLEASANT.
>>
>>741069957
Your a pussy that sounds so cool
>>
>>741069723
gonna need more info anon
>>
>>741070065
Yeah. It sounds awesome. like GTA on pause. The feelings however.
I didn't describe the madly sad feelings associated with the vision. It felt like it was worse than being dead.
>>
>>741070324
Thats how i feel after a mad coke sesh
2 grams of coke and ill feel like that the next day
>>
>>741070324
>>741070605
This >>741069957 actually happened after a coke session.
Our comments are getting more and more scientific..
>>
File: 1498823025664.jpg (24KB, 990x361px) Image search: [Google]
1498823025664.jpg
24KB, 990x361px
Pic for all the guys saying they are afraid of Dying, should help.
>>
So I live in a rural area of northern Ontario and I have a long laneway from the road to my property.

It's been thundering and lightning the past 2 days and every few hours a different person has driven down my laneway, some just get to the bottom and turn around others knock on my door looking for someone or even one truck started unloading building materials before I told him he had the wrong house. Last night a guy knocked on my door at like 10pm looking for a local provincial park. This has been really creepy idk why all these people started coming down my lane. So looked up my address on Google to see if someone was pranking me or something and made an ad with my address.
Turns out google maps added my laneway to the road map and named it a road which is actually further down the highway.

I mean it's not paranormal creepy but it's been a bit strange redirecting all these people away from my lot.
>>
>>741071279
google just trolled you man lol
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.