[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ranting here but how can anyone actually believe in God?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_3491.jpg (4KB, 81x98px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3491.jpg
4KB, 81x98px
Just ranting here but how can anyone actually believe in God?

Because honestly God is such an illogical concept all together
How any rational adult/teenager with critical thinking skills can even possibly believe something so stupid and irrational is beyond me
>>
>>740801073
Faith
>>
>>740801073
If you don't believe then why you give a fuck?
Go and do something else than talk about this stupid shit
>>
>>740801073
It actually seems illogical to me to accept the world without God. There's a thought experiment that I believe came from the ancient Arabian world that deals with cause and effect. The conclusion that is drawn is that thete has to be a "prime mover", or an original cause to start the cause-effect chain. Even just on a philosophical level, God is the only reasonable answer to me. I'm also studying biology/biochemistry/anatomy right now, and I just can't imagine the incredibly long string of one-in-a-million chances that lead to a single cell, let alone a mammal. I just don't buy it. What about God seems illogical to you?
>>
Pretty cringy to even care this much OP.

As a former reddit-tier hardcore atheist (now very agnostic), here is some of the most convincing evidence that there is some kind of benevolent force in the universe (call it god or whatever).

>you have a conscience
>beer (and weed) are proof that god exist and loves you (popular saying)
>the infinitesimally small chance laws of the physical universe be set up to allow life to form out of chance molecular combinations, randomly getting more complex to create modern cells
>the physical characteristics of earth are extremely good for life
>Trump beat Hillary

If you humor some of these ideas, it seems like the universe came together in a way that provides people with ways to enjoy your time, alive, on Earth.

Now the afterlife? I don't know how anyone could believe in that.
>>
>>740803646
>I don't know how anyone could believe in that
Faith
>>
Kill yourself if you're so faithful then you glorious, heavenbound faggot
>>
>>740801073
You're just bad at seeing all the possibilities. Don't look at just the possibilities of God that you've been taught. Think outside the God box.
>>
>>740803982
Edgy
>>
It's easier to believe in an intelligent being that created a beautiful, organized Universe than to believe this Universe just popped into being for no reason. God makes more sense than a random Creation. In fact, a random Creation occurring sounds pretty stupid.
>>
>>740803877
Thanks man. From a /b/rowsing anon
>>
>>740804166
Np fam
>>
>>740801073
Paradigms son.
Now start questioning the one we live in.
>>
>>740804134
But easier yet to believe that it is simply impossible to ever know, do your best to be a good person to others, and just leave it at that.
>>
File: 1501632133458.jpg (40KB, 504x501px) Image search: [Google]
1501632133458.jpg
40KB, 504x501px
>>740804549
This
>>
Religion was invented in a time when humans didn't have any concept of science. So, in an attempt to make heads or tails of the world around us, we came up with gods and goddesses, spirituality, and stuff like that. In fact it was perfectly logical back then. Religions established the foundation upon which society and order are built upon.
When the Enlightenment dawned on us, we began to see the world for what it really was, so fewer people practiced religion. However, some people still practice their religions today because it provides comfort. I mean, a benevolent God who punishes the wicked and rewards the righteous, who vows to protect you and gives you a place of pure bliss to go to when you die? Sounds a whole lot better than just nothing.
Christianity in particular has provided American society with a core set of morals too. You know, killing people is bad, rape is bad, stealing is bad, etc. In a way, religion is important even today, even though I personally don't practice it.
>>
>>740801073
>How any rational adult/teenager with critical thinking skills can even possibly believe something so stupid and irrational is beyond me
WOW
ive never seen it from that angle before
>>
File: tumblr_mqs1ogiDlo1qdedm3o3_1280.jpg (219KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqs1ogiDlo1qdedm3o3_1280.jpg
219KB, 1280x1707px
>>
File: 1501223491445.jpg (206KB, 602x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501223491445.jpg
206KB, 602x1024px
But how do you explain that sopping anus snack?
>>
File: japansearts.jpg (22KB, 704x398px) Image search: [Google]
japansearts.jpg
22KB, 704x398px
>>740801073
If you are looking so hard to find God, maybe he already found you anon.
>>
>>740803646
About the afterlife, if you have smoked dmt, (the chemical in your brain that gets released at death), you would understand how ppl believe in an afterlife.
>>
>>740801073
>How any rational adult/teenager with critical thinking skills can even possibly believe something so stupid and irrational is beyond me

That's because you don't really understand the concept. Not everything fits into nice, neat logical boxes.
>>
>>740803877
This. Even when I grew out of needing a daddy in the sky, it was a hard habit to break. I'd been brainwashed into belief since I was little, and stuff like that tends to linger.
>>
>>740805471
>He*
Sorry
>>
>>740805693
Same, it really sticks with you. They do a good job of imprinting it into your brain
>>
>>740803877
>>740804166
Dubs replying to dubs checked.
>>
File: if god was real.jpg (61KB, 620x619px) Image search: [Google]
if god was real.jpg
61KB, 620x619px
>>
File: IMG_2363.jpg (66KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2363.jpg
66KB, 500x553px
>>740801073
And I'm sure you don't believe ANYTHING that's illogical. Existence itself is illogical. Everything you see hear feel and experience is nothing more than electrical signals in you brain. If no one else existed to confirm your existence you'd have no actual proof of ANYTHING.
>>
File: 70540185ee.jpg (27KB, 418x450px) Image search: [Google]
70540185ee.jpg
27KB, 418x450px
>>740801073
You must be a blast at holiday dinners with the family.
>>
>>740805845
>>740805693
>Even when I grew out of needing a daddy in the sky, it was a hard habit to break.

Okay, here's a question for ya both. You say you don't "need" a daddy in the sky.

If one were available, though, would you -want- one?
>>
File: did i stutter.png (663KB, 532x650px) Image search: [Google]
did i stutter.png
663KB, 532x650px
random image bump
>>
>>740806106
Maybe, but i know this "daddy in the sky"doesnt exist, so its irrelevant
>>
>>740801073
Well, humans are naturally irrational creatures. A rational thought would be that an irrational being would/could hold irrational beliefs. And no one human is completely rational. Beliefs can be funny things.

>>740806106
Depends on the sky dad. If the stereotypical sky dad really did exist, I think I could even still go on to say "no". Give me mechanical sky daddy instead.
>>
>>740805693
>it was a hard habit to break
Why did you try to break the habit anon?
Example.
Faith: "I'm gonna have a great weekend"
Atheism: "nothings gonna happen, its gonna be shit"
Even if you're right, you don't gain anything, except a sense of being right, which you won't get to enjoy because as you would put it, you're dead. Nothing. Right?
Religion is an ideology.
>>
>>740803646
>Trump beat Hillary
>>
>>740806236
That's not the question. IF one were available, lets say it's the warm and fluffy god played by George Burns in "Oh God" just for fun, would you want to follow His teachings?
>>
File: Atheist.jpg (149KB, 826x746px) Image search: [Google]
Atheist.jpg
149KB, 826x746px
>>740806106
I'm honestly not sure. A lot of things were simpler when I could thank god or blame the devil, but it turns out the world just isn't that simple and most of the big questions can be answered now without recourse to the supernatural. Certainly enough of them, imo, to show that god is not a necessary prerequisite for the existence of the earth, or us on it.
>>
>>740801073
I'm just grateful we get to experience life. Imagine that before we were born we were not existing. We get to live a little while. And then we won't exist again. It's nuts. I'd like to see space and what the universe is ultimately made up of. But I can and no living thing on eart will ever know.
>>
>>740806409
I for one enjoy the thought of it being nothing. I get to enjoy that for as long as I am a something, and that is beautiful.
>>
File: 1501431463927.jpg (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501431463927.jpg
12KB, 480x480px
>>740801073
Oh look another edgelord atheist from libtard cesspool reddit
>>
>>740802775
Zoroastrianism came before Christianity.
>>
>>740806625
Alright well that's great.
I enjoy the thought of it being something else.
>>
>>740803646
>don't believe in an afterlife

Energy cannot be created or destroyed just changed from one form to another.
We are energy.
>>
Also some atheists tend to believe science is the be all end all. Which is like a type of religion. Science is just hypothesis of what everything is. Some of it "laws" which are true. But to assume science I'll accurate is asinine
>>
>>740806409
Yeah, you're right. I can't make myself believe again though. To answer >>740806106
I suppose yes. My sister was diagnosed with leukemia last week and it would be nice to have someone to blame, and someone to ask for help. It just not real as far as I can tell.
>>
>>740806936
Does pure energy into consciousness? Or does energy into matter into consciousness?
>>
Okay, Imma lay some truth on ya'll that you probably haven't heard from other "Christians"

Forget all that Old Testament shit. That was a history lesson and a prophecy, that's all.

These are the Rules to live by if you wanna get into God's Grace.

1) Love God with all of your heart, mind, body and soul.

2) Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

3) Do these in Jesus' name

4) Profit

5) Tell people about it.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>740806958
No no, science is a method of discovery, not a body of thought. When people apply blind faith to science, they make it something else.

A religion.
>>
>>740801073
in your way of putting it
its a morale boosting time waster
>>
>>740802775
If there simply "has" to be a prime mover, then who moved or created the prime mover?

You're repeating St Thomas Aquinas arguments for god. After reading them, one can't help but wonder who he was trying to convince of the existence of god - was it himself or someone else?

http://web.mnstate.edu/gracyk/courses/web%20publishing /aquinasfiveways_argumentanalysis.htm

These are terrible arguments for the existence of god and do not withstand the slightest scrutiny
>>
Why do these retard kids think they're profound and hyper intelligent for being an atheist and yet rattle on as though the Judeo-Christian deity is the only possible superhuman entity
>>
>>740804134
>this Universe just popped into being for no reason.

Religion exists merely in the pursuit of teleology. All things do not have a reason for being.
>>
>>740805065
This
>>
>>740807023
In my study of the Bible, one theme is repeated over and over again. Faith is the power source.

Move mountains, heal the sick, raise the dead. All of it done by Faith. Jesus says it again and again, "Your Faith has done it" There was even one event when He didn't mean to use the power, but by a woman's faith, it was exercised anyway. She thought she would be healed if she just touched His robes. When she did, Jesus stopped and said, "Who touched me? I felt the power go out of me..."

In another story a General comes to Jesus seeking healing for a valued slave. Jesus is ready to go see the slave Himself, but the General says, "I am am man who gives commands and knows that they will be followed, if you say 'He will be healed' then I know he will be" Jesus is surprised at this man's faith and says to him "Your Faith has healed him this very moment."

So maybe you can muster a little for your sister? Couldn't hurt to ask, right?
>>
>>740806557
No. If im a good enough person in general i dont need to follow santas rules.
>>
>>740801073
I ca not fathom the idea that there is a greater consciousness than myself. As such , the idea of God is illogical.

The arrogance...
>>
File: ohmysides.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
ohmysides.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>740807901
>>
>>740807776
>So maybe you can muster a little for your sister?
Faith can't be manufactured, you should know that. Hope can be manufactured out of desperation and often is, but faith is something you either have or don't
>>
God is not real, but there is always the possibility of a higher power, whether it be a god, gods, or some incomprehensible force that may point to the origin of this universe.
>>
>>740808076
This.
Hope turns into Faith imo
>>
>>740807776
Believing is seeing? I'm not even slightly convinced. And if I'm wrong and a god does exist, and I chose ( or happened to be born into) the right way of communicating with it, I think a being would prefer honest disbelief based on the evidence to a selfish, disingenuous belief.
>>
>>740807901
Lmao are you retarded? Strawman to the max
>>
>>740807850
You're saying that if you had absolute proof that such a being existed, you'd decide NOT to do what it says? Even knowing the eternal consequences? That's so far past edgy and just plain retarded
>>
>>740808176
*a being like that
>>
>>740808076
>>740808076
Effort counts. Believe me.
>>
>>740807390
No fuckwit nothing creates the prime mover that's why it is prime. You're too stupid to play with abstract thought so just leave it to people without FAS
>>
>>740808099
>God is not real, but there is always the possibility of a higher power, whether it be a god
Kek.
>there is no God
>there's a possibility of a God
>>
>>740808288
>Believe me
Have faith you mean..?
Checked.
>>
>>740808327
I think he was differentiating between God and god, which is something more people actually need to learn
>>
I simply believe in god. I wholeheartedly think that god is beyond human comprehension, and to think we're smart enough to claim its illogical for him to exist is... well, dumb. And extremely arrogant. If you haven't had an experience with God, and if you haven't felt His guidance during your life, no one can convince you that he does exist. Simply because we haven't found a way to prove him on a scientific, logical level that many of my peers would need to believe. It's just one of those things you have to discover for yourself to begin understanding it. Have an open mind and you will see his will.
>>
>>740808436
They do and as long as you're not retarded you can conclude god has to exist even if that has no practical meaning
>>
>>740808176
There is an interesting argument in the Book of Romans about this. What of the people who never heard of Jesus? Who never had The Law, as it was called then.

According to Paul, these people who never were given the Law (OT Law) yet followed it naturally (Weren't shitty to each other among other things) were a Law unto themselves.

The people in danger, according to Paul, were the people who KNEW BETTER, and were shitty people anyway.
>>
>>740808327
There's a possibility that your mom had sex with a goat. Do you believe your mom has sex with goats?
>>
File: 1501504406841.png (180KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501504406841.png
180KB, 500x375px
>>740801073
>What is so illogical about a higher dimensional being?
>What is so illogical about our energy being transferred into something else?
>What is so illogical about the parts of our brains that are independent of anyone's control but our own existing outside of death?

Do you have any sort of argument or are you just back from reading /r/atheism?
>>
>>740808436
You mean the capital letter? Yeah, I noticed the difference fam.
>>
>>740808236
Let's say I also didn't do what the being says, even if there was incontrovertible proof that it existed. Why not? I could just not do what it says, and live, then die, then burn in hell, and that's it. Honestly, that's a waste of being if every single one of us did exactly what it said to do.

Come on. Living, breathing, thinking agents. Just flapping around and narrowly avoiding death. You wouldn't even mess around, just once?

Just once?

Just that one time?

Really?
>>
>>740807390
Nothing creates the prime mover thats why its prime you dipshit. If something created it then the creator would be the prime mover. Thats why it has to be supernatural=god.
>>
If you don't believe in a god. Then why does it matter?
>>
>>740808648
She's not muslim, so no.
>>
File: 1501263423206.jpg (133KB, 951x719px) Image search: [Google]
1501263423206.jpg
133KB, 951x719px
Well, for most is because they are scared of whats gonna happen when they die or that someone will always love them. I believe in God because it's a beautiful thought to think we are all predestined to a life and some things are just too perfect to be a coincidence. Yes there are times where I become skeptical, but I'm sure everyone has been there. Just do what you do and remember that the bible is a book of morals and life lessons, and the more pushed opinions on lifestyle (such as masturbation is a sin, all other religions are inferior, etc..) are all subjective to the members of that particular sect.
>>
File: DFoh-kRXYAUKa8h.jpg (21KB, 350x332px) Image search: [Google]
DFoh-kRXYAUKa8h.jpg
21KB, 350x332px
>>740801073
>>
>>740808649
Lol why would our consciousness exist when our brains are destroyed? Just lol at our "energy" being transfered.
There might be a higher dimensional being, but there's no evidence for one, so I don't believe in it
>>
I'm right here guys, why do you have to argue about my existence?
>>
>>740808839
You do realise that what you're saying here is the exact thing the church teaches lmao, the whole point of an "absent" deity is to promote free will rather than have a world of automatons - Biblically speaking, that's what the angels are
>>
>>740808425
As was said earlier, Faith begins with Hope. Just the act of genuinely asking God for help is an act of Faith.

As is said here >>740808526, Sometimes believing IS seeing. Is it Logical? Nope. If it were it wouldn't be Faith, it would be knowledge. Faith is the power source, I'm convinced of this from my studies. Even a little, less than a mustard seed, will help.

Tell me your sister's first name, nothing more, and I will say a prayer for her, for you.
>>
>>740808964
>such as masturbation is a sin
This reminds me of something, atheists mention the:
>no pork
>no wank
>no seafood
But it maybe was said so we might feel slightly guilty about wanking and eating bacon/lobster 24/7, to stop us doing it so often.
>>
>>740809357
>As was said earlier, Faith begins with Hope
Actually I said the complete opposite, you then quoted me and said "I agree, but-" and then missed the point fantastically
>>
>>740808234
I don't think that means what you think it means kiddo. Fact is stating with absolute certainty that it's not possible for a being that you don't understand to exist is arrogant.
>>
>>740809357
Here is the god delusion manifest and the answer to OPs question
>>
>>740809156
Okay, so, what's retarded and edgy about not doing what the being says, then? What's wrong? That's what the churches teach, right?

I don't get it. Let me be a free actor- I'm up front about it. I know what I did. I'll pay for it. But, don't deny me the ability to do wrong. That's the "free will" schtick, and it makes more sense to conclude that being the rigid automaton is more retarded. Probably even more edgy, what with compelling others with the powers that be.
>>
>>740808649
Cool pic please upload any other transparent images you have if you feel like it. Using that one as a discord emoji.
>>
>>740809600
I was referring to >>740808153
And checked...
>>
>>740809522
Slightly guilty? You'll literally burn in hell for all eternity for it
>>
>>740808964
>remember that the bible is a book of morals
Not read the old testament then? I'm much more moral than the bible, and I don't need the threat of punishment or promise of reward to make me that way.
>>
>>740809600
Take it easy pal I think he just got the words in the wrong order
>>
>>740806936
Well one could make the point that the energy we are would only be reconstituted into the ground/flora/fauna/dirt/worms when we are buried, or into the air if we are cremated.

^ above conjecture validates a very, very crude idea of an afterlife/reincarnation. But usually when people think of afterlife/reincarnation, they think of a constant (a soul) that is maintained both in this life and the afterlife. Which is kinda hard to prove.
>>
File: 1501261359386.jpg (77KB, 579x629px) Image search: [Google]
1501261359386.jpg
77KB, 579x629px
>>740809522
Yes, that would be some of the 7 deadly sins. Gluttony and greed. Moderation is key to a nice lifestyle
>>
>>740809840
Your morality is the result of thousands of years of living in a cultured and religious society.
>>
>>740809825
Kek, don't take it as strict rules, just loose guidelines maybe. And btw you think you're the first group of smartasses that troll? Im pretty sure some people shitposted into the bible, their is a lot of strange/random story's in it, but many good lessons and ways to go about life
>>
Ugh, time is doing terrible things to me....

Fun chat, fellas. Check out Romans, starting about Chapter 7. Great argument for God.
>>
>>740808863
>>740808307
If something (this 'prime mover') can be made from nothing, why complicate matters? Occam's razor says no.

Also, let us suppose there is a 'prime mover'. Why the hell would it be the Christian god?
>>
>>740809156
>automatons - Biblically speaking, that's what the angels are
Well, the Greek word Angelus just means Messenger so probably not.
>>
>>740809692
Did OP say there was absolute certainty there is no god? Think he said that believing in a god is illogical m8. Thats not the same as claiming there definitely is no god. Its extremley unlikely there is a god and there is no evidence for one. Of course theres a possibility. You don't believe in every possibility, do you? Strawman to the max m8. Try again
>>
>>740810197
*there
>>
>>740809840
If you believe that to be true and you are happy with your current state, continue. Many people tend to work on incentive however. For example, if someone were to say "Hey, do this job" with no reward or monetary compensation you'd outright say no. I know I would. I guess God knew we all had some greed in us.
>>
>>740809760
Yes, which is what I meant by agreeing and then stating the exact polar opposite, thus missing the whole point. Faith and hope are completely unrelated, the latter is situational and false when it comes to religion
>>
>>740810197
If you're looking to the bible solely for philosophy then you're going to have to pick n choose how you see fit. You can take the philosophical messages in the bible without believing there's a magic man in the sky. There are better philosophical texts that don't recommend killing adulterers and gays or tell you its the literal word of god that you will burn in agony forever if you touch yourself or sin
>>
>>740810301
That's fun news thanks but fuck all to do with what Biblical angels are
>>
File: 1501331654736.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501331654736.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
>>740810868
This. The bible is up for interpretation. See it as you must, but don't do things you absolutely know are wrong and immoral
>>
I dont believe in god but my parents do, and i understand it gives them comfort in believing that theres eternal life beyond death and some of it teaches good morals.
>>
>>740809710
>Okay, so, what's retarded and edgy about not doing what the being says, then?
In the situation where said being exists, you know he exists, and you know what his powers are... How is it in any way NOT retarded to disobey? It's a literal certainty that you lose (in the situation describes) and you're pretending it's a good idea to act like your individuality is more important than eternity of existence. I remember being 14 too, good times
>>
>>740810292
Because god is the only explanation with the info we have atm. If god doesnt exist, something cannot be made out of nothing. if something can be made out of nothing, god has to exist. According to occam's razors god is the only possibility.

And nobody said that it is the christian god. Christianity just happens to be the most successful and productive religion. I think your fedora is a bit too tight.
>>
>>740810868
>you're going to have to pick n choose how you see fit.
That's what I do anyway and btw I've never read all of the bible, just goggled shit about it.
And like I said, don't take it so literally.
>There are better philosophical texts
No thanx.
Blind, uneducated faith m8, nothing more, nothing less, I connect the dots myself.
>>
>>740811306
> if something can be made out of nothing, god has to exist.

h o w t h o u g h
>>
>>740811521
Because the only thing, that can create something from nothing is god.
>>
>>740811682
s a y s w h o
>>
>>740811521
>how?
>who?
>what?
>why?
Every atheist I've came across or known has been insufferable.
How did I know they were atheist? Well they simply couldn't wait to let me know :-)
>>
>>740811384
Thats pretty silly m8 you should educate yourself. A lot of clever people have written a lot of stuff since the bible was written. They are the dots
>>
>>740811785
Rational thinking. Or do you have an example of something created from nothing and an explanation for it that doesnt involve supernatural forces?
>>
>>740811892
yes, avoid the question harder. that makes it so that you're winning
>>
>>740811682
Lolwut. Why?
>>
>>740812106
>>740812041
>>
you won't be able to scientifically "prove" god. that isn't what it's use is.

scientific truth and religious truth aren't the same thing, and they shouldn't be tried in the same ways. science deals with matter and religion deals with what matters.
>>
>>740812041
what are the steps you took to come to the conclusion that only god can create something from nothing.
give me a step-by-step walkthrough of your thought process
>>
>>740812019
>A lot of clever people have written a lot of stuff
I don't EVEN care bruh.
I don't listen to some cunt just because he's old and went to uni.
>w-why do you believe the bible then?
I don't, I've just seen some magnificent sentences about how to go about life.
I goggled something like "good bits of the bible" or some shit, just to give me something to hold on to, and I got exactly that.
>>
>>740812273
Read the thread, summer.
>>
>>740812041
What is quantum physics? We don't know there was nothing at one point. The universe could have always existed. Or time was created in the appearance of the universe. Why does there have to be a being already in existence for the universe to exist? Where did god come from before that? By your own logic a higher being to god must have created god. Doesn't make any sense m8
>>
>>740806409
That's quite the false dichotomy.
I could just as easily say
Atheism: "I'm not going to go bonkers and kill someone today because they believe in a slightly different way of worshipping an imaginary sky wizard than I do."
Faith: "No can haz bacun! Kill teh unbuleevurh!!"
>>
>>740812065
Different anon brah, I'm not here to ram my beliefs down your throat.
Believe what you wanna believe fam, no skin of my back
>>
>>740812398
All of those questions have already been answered. Read the thread before posting.
>>
>>740812407
Ehhhh, you're still taking the bible seriously tho fam.
My analogy was better imo
>>
>>740805166
that dog is pretty hot, not gonna lie.
>>
>>740812311
Ah, i see you're extremely ignorant and proud of it. I don't understand people like you and it makes me sad your vote is worth the same as people who actually want to learn about the world around them
>>
>>740812536
Some long thread fam i want to go to sleep. Link me the proof of god, would you anon?
>>
>>740812687
>I don't understand people like you
Likewise.
Thanks for resorting to personal attacks tho! That intelligence, that euphoria..
LOL
>>
>>740812849
I already have, you just refuse to read it because babyboy is tired.
>>
>>740812863
You don't understand why people would want to educate themselves with different view points?
>>
>>740812961
I think you're mixing me up with someone else m8. Ill read what you link me, I've still got a few minutes in me
>>
>>740803646
>small chance laws
Improbability doesn't equal impossibility
>>
>>740813137
Could be, sorry.
>>740802775
>>
>>740813022
Nah man I don't understand how people can be so uptight and insufferable? I'd tell you to smoke a bong but half of you fedora fags smoke weed any way, and you're still not even chilled out enough
>>
>>740811267
So, what you're saying is that you're afraid of losing? I mean, that's fine. I remember what that used to feel like too.

But there's nothing wrong with losing. Some people lose. It happens. I see nothing wrong with losing to this almighty being. I was created, and I sinned. Then I faced my creator, and I was punished. It was good. All the while, said creator created me with the ability to choose. All that power, all the control in all of existence, and yet I was free. I was free to sin. I was given the faculties and the ability to act. I chose earnestly to not do what that being said while regarding that the being existed in their entirety.

I looked the being in the eyes and did exactly what it created me to do, operationally speaking. You might think that's retarded, and that's fine, but I think it's more retarded to not even try. You're
>free
to act. You'll be judged, sure. But you can act. So, act away. Life goes on. Someone else will go to heaven. It's not like I'm the chosen one. I am no special thing. It's not even that I'm doing it because
>muh individuality
It's more that I'd do it, because if I could not do it, I would be akin to a robot, literally due to the etymology of that word, and this entire thing would be fairly pointless. I may as well had been an angel, like you said. I live my life knowing that things merely happen, caused or random. And people die, anon. Human beings die. We're not immortal. If my initial existence is nothing but the fleeting sound of meat flapping before it rapidly decomposes in the sun, why would I suddenly want to be immortal? Impermanence, that's all I am.

Heaven is hell to me.

Maybe it's a bad idea to you, because you value not going to hell. Cool. It's a good idea to me, because I'm actively proving the system works. And that's great. Yet, if anyone is being 14, it might be you.

It is more likely that a 14 year old acts this way when presented with a dissenting opinion.
>>
>>740805984
Existence is not illogical, it's caused by the laws of the universe.
>>
>>740813237
Theres hundreds of billions of galaxies. Billions and billions of times that chance for life will occur over billions of years. Life is inevitable
>>
>>740813553
Exactly
>>
>>740813271
Why can't the answer just be the laws of the universe? We know things can just pop into existence. This doesn't address the idea that time and the universe has always existed and never needed to be created in the first place. And still where does god come from if you need something to create from nothing? This didn't answer my questions
>>
>>740814117
>And still where does god come from if you need something to create from nothing?
How did the "big bang" happen then bro?
>>
>>740813356
Im chilled m80. I can be chilled and think your wilful ignorance is gay and lame at the same time. If thats insufferable then i guess im insufferable
>>
>>740814229
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

this is what u are doing, and this is coming from a religious person
>>
File: IMG_5546.gif (807KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5546.gif
807KB, 500x750px
>>740803646
I'm agnostic too and I think it's pretty ignorant to think that there isn't something out there that would be analogous with god, but probably not all knowing
However....

>conscience is a social-psychological construct based on mirroring yourself onto another
>alcohol is naturally occurring elsewhere in the universe, even in space
>obviously we haven't found life anywhere else so the fact that life observes itself as the one in a million product of chance isn't that special. How else would th chances even be calculated (see anthropic principle)
>and yet not other planet is habitable, or that we have observed. Of course the things that happen to be one in a million would observe that it's not the same everywhere else, that's normal
>trump won because people were fed up with liberal fags, and now probably regret it

But I see that your arguments weren't all that serious so sorry for being a serious dick

Either way religion gives people hope no matter how dumb it is so as long as it doesn't hurt other people cough*islam*cough it's a good thing in my opinion
>>
>>740812643
Not really, my point wasn't anything to do with the bible. You made a judgement that Atheists by definition live a miserable life and can't be satisfied or happy. That the only way you can be happy is with religion. The point of my analogy was to point out how shitty that judgment was.
>>
>>740814229
All the particles in the universe existed in a tiny pin point before the big bang then suddenly started expanding cus physics, all that shit you hear about the higgs boson. Surprisingly they didn't see god at CERN in the hadron collider
>>
>>740814236
>gay and lame
Yeah, I know what you're like m8. Edgy af.
>love and God is lame dude
I bet you'd think it'd be pretty hectic to fuck a girl in a graveyard or do drugs in a church or some shit aye, edgelord?
>>
>>740814375
>Either way religion gives people hope no matter how dumb it is so as long as it doesn't hurt other people cough*islam*cough it's a good thing in my opinion

this, what the fuck, christ was a straight bro - someone to aspire to be like, and then along comes mohammed fucking goats and 9 year olds
>>
>>740814347
Don't care.
>>740814508
Pffft, yeah. Some scientists said it so its true I guess. LOL
>>
>>740814678
Water is bad for you.
>>
>>740814678
huh? don't care? you seemed to have a pretty strong argument up until that point lol.
>>
>>740814422
>bacon
From the bible m80, try again.
>>
>>740814512
I don't even know what you're saying any more. I said wilful ignorance is gay and lame, not god and love. But ye keep defending your position of putting your fingers in your ears and burying your head in the sand, its giving me a good laugh
>>
>>740814740
No its not
>>740814845
Some wiki page on how to suck cocks? Yeah, not interested loser
>>
>>740814995
But I'm not a scientist, so it's true, I guess.
>>
>>740814678
>a book written by desert people 2000 years ago said it so it must be true

Think our scientists today know a bit more about the beginings of the universe than people who didn't even know what a galaxy was
>>
>>740814880
>its giving me a good laugh
Its not.
You didn't laff.
>gay and lame LOL
>>
>>740814678
Do you believe the earth is flat and 6000 years old too?
>>
>>740814863
You get how metaphors work, right?
>>
>>740815103
Nah
>>740815114
>continuing to take the bible seriously
Atheists, when will they learn?
>>
>>740814995
i'll condense the wiki for you

The big bang happened, seemingly turning nothing into something -> We don't really know how this is -> This proves God

doesn't make sense, the step from step 2 to step 3 ignores any of the infinite number of possibilities that could have happened between 2 and 3

it's like saying:
Thunder and lightning happens -> I don't know how thunder and lightning happen -> It must be Thor throwing lightning bolts from his chariot
>>
>>740815277
Na
>>740815306
Ye
>>
>>740815193
Come on m8, tell me more about what edgelords do?
>>
File: 1500631276994.gif (2MB, 350x170px) Image search: [Google]
1500631276994.gif
2MB, 350x170px
>>740815351
>>
>>740815519
why?
>>
>>740815406
U tell mi
>>
>>740815401
What happened to the "i dont wanna talk to a scientist, them mo fuckers lying n gettin me pissed" argument?
>>
>>740815577
Because I don't care
>>
>>740813495
Lots of words but really you're saying nothing. It's not winning and losing, it's about making a smart choice to behave the way you're told (and it's not even that restrictive) and reaping massive rewards vs saying NAH MY WAY IS BETTER even though you know 100% that it's not and will end badly. It's like betting on a horse then shooting its knees
>>
>>740815328
If
>Nah
then some scientists said it, and it is true, I guess.
>>
>>740815666
Incoherent/10
>>
>>740815713
Nah
>>
>>740813495
>Heaven is hell to me.
>pretends not to be 14 y/o edgelord
>>
My favorite made up friend is the sun-god Ra.
Ares is cool too. People have been making up invisible friends since the start of humanity...... God is the least believable one as we've had the chance to do double-blind testing.
>>
>>740815587
I dunno man you're the expert. Something about doing drugs and having sex in church, cus i wanna read something other than the bible? Come on tell me more, that was funny
>>
>>740815670
it's yer soul, you should
>>
>>740815974
>>740815993
How about you two girls suck my semi
>>
>>740815737
Fucking magnets, how do they work?
>>
>>740816149
Now thats what i call edgy!
>>
>>740816149
post a pic we'll see
>>
>>740816154
Atheists fav band
>>
File: doot.png (676KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
doot.png
676KB, 632x738px
I'm an agnostic (Was a Christian for the first 10 years of my life and a deist for 5 more, then I went agnostic after a pretty shitty event halfway through high school) Here's how I view it: Yes, it was an unimaginably unlikely event for the universe to be created without the assistance of some otherworldly being. However, every situation HAS to have an outcome, and there could very well have been an infinite amount of possible outcomes. One change in the universe's conception would have totally altered the fundamental laws of reality, after all.
Thus: There was an infinite amount of possibilities, therefore it makes sense that the one which occurred was unimaginably unlikely.

We simply know too little about the nature of the universe to confirm if the big bang was even an unlikely series of events outside of our own limited scientific perspective on the universe For all we know, it could just be an endlessly repeating cycle of big bangs and entropic decay. Thus, I'm agnostic.
>>
When you die as a believer in God, you either
1. Are correct and have a great time in heaven
2. Are wrong and nothing happens
You may as well accept God now rather than later.
>>
>>740816210
>>740816234
That's it ladies, beg for it
>>
>>740815682
>Lots of words but really you're saying nothing
That's a funny way of saying you're just going to ignore everything I typed and not even attempt to approach it, instead hand-waving it away as nonsense.

Reminds me of something. Can't say what.

>it's about making a smart choice to behave the way you're told
Why is it smart? What's smart about it? Explain that to me. What is the smart thing about behaving the way you're told? What makes it dumb to not do that? What is it? What are the massive rewards?

It's not even that I'm suggesting that
>NAH MY WAY IS BETTER
as I think it's fairly unanimous between me and you that I shouldn't go around just murdering people because I can. Unless you disagree. Which I'm left to doubt, but let me know. Because, see, I'm not looking at this in the way that you are. Maybe that's the problem. My worry isn't "my way is/n't better, I'll win!", it's more "I should expect myself to make mistakes as a creation given free will, and if I don't, then something is wrong and I cannot abide by it".

I did lay out the alleged rewards as you poised them to me, but, it turns out you're not going to read what I typed. I don't know what I can reasonably do about that.

And you know what? Betting on a horse and then shooting its knees is hilarious. Who does that and expects to win? I would do that, because I'd not be doing it for the sake of winning. That'd be funny. Horrible, but funny. A real knee-slapper.
>>
>>740802775
Cause and effect is the reason god was invented ... That and the huge power tgat came together with being a shaman in the ancient world... Apart from that, god and church is no more than another socioeconomic institution
>>
>>740816529
>That's a funny way of saying you're just going to ignore everything I typed and not even attempt to approach it, instead hand-waving it away as nonsense.
you didn't even heed your own warning bruv
>>
>>740815817
Alright, let me give it less melodrama. You live the same 30 seconds sitting up in a retirement home watching the sun bathe a plain wall, forever.

I'd rather not, thanks.
>>
>>740803877
Pls shove ur so called "faith" up ur slimy shit trap, thank you
>>
>>740816810
Only if you're right behind it, big boy ;)
>>
>>740807519
Very good ... Someone here gets it
>>
>>740816674
Mighty sure that's not a warning, but an observation. You are free to show me where I didn't take the time to understand, and point out my lack of understanding or misunderstanding therein.

And if you read my post in a minute flat, I applaud you.
>>
>>740807776
Its blind faith that is promoted over and over , cause the bible represents a stupid dessert religion of submittion.. you make your own conclusions about that
>>
I have a lot of doubt but I know that there are demons and paranormal stuff out there. I find it hard to believe that they exist but some higher power doesn't? Or why religious texts help banish(?) them? Who knows maybe we're in a stimulation or there's no higher power...we'll never know till we die. Perhaps not even then :/
>>
>>740817086
greentext ur story m8
>>
>>740817082
Yeah brah, your years of sucking cock make you smart af, write a book bruv
>>
>>740817382
bruv brah bruv guy bruv brah guy bruv blud bruv brah m8 bruv oi oi oi
>>
>>740817708
Maccas carpark in 30mins, I'm gunna fite u m8.
Loser shouts the cheesy
>>
>>740801073
Existence of any type, on any scale, is not rational.
>Yet here we are.

Any knowledge you can have starts with a choice about what you are willing to believe. In essence everyone must chose to put faith in something to even have a place to start building any form of rational thinking.

Eternally existing substance (mater/energy) is not any more or less rational than eternally existing consciousness.
>>
>>740801073

a number of reasons. here are a few.

1. the world we inhabit looks as though it's created. it is filled with rhythm, pattern, and apparent meaning. because this is our perspective, we infer that there must have been something to imbue everything WITH meaning, that there must have been some cosmic designer—after all, things don't appear from nothing, right?

the problem here is that there are a multitude of sources for apparent pattern which rely entirely on the whims of nature. evolution is the best example of this: under certain circumstances, life happens. life adapts. life thrives.

2. conditioning. many people, from the time they are born, are taught that the bible, or the quran, are the unalterable and perfect word of god. we tend to believe what our parents tell us, because they're invested in our welfare. they know much more than we do. so, we repeat the story.

religion can be very useful in controlling people. this is why the biggest houses have usually been houses of worship: they are, after all, where the priest/rabbi/mullah are going to live.

3. most people do not read their professed holy book. if you take a christian and make him actually read the bible, and if he understands it, then he'll be an atheist by Leviticus.

4. it takes trades a big fear for many small fears, and for some reason this seems like a bargain. fear of death is the source for so much evil in the world, and belief in an afterlife only makes things worse.
>>
Listen, do you think an ant has an inkling of an insight into us or our human workings?
No, so why the fuck would we think we would have all the answers to the universe and shit?
>short answer, you'll never know everything so stop giving a fuck and just be a good person and leave people to enjoy their religions dickheads
>>
>>740802775
>studying biology
>so complex, must be a god

What about the vagus nerve? That seems like the most inefficient use of matter and energy if you ask me, it would make no sense to create beings like that. However, it makes complete sense if you look at out marine ancestry

To those who dont know, the vagus nerve is responsible for breathing and swallowing, but instead of going from brain to throat, it goes down and wraps its self around the heart before going back up the throat. In giraffes, the nerve is several meters long as apposed to the required few inches. Im no biologist so i could have made a mistake, but its online if you wanna check.'
>>
>>740816917
I will be and ur gonna see who ur real god is
>>
>>740804549
>I don't understand this thing
>therefore, I will never understand it

Retards like you got left in the fucking dark ages while real thinkers figured out how the stars were formed. If you think it is fruitless to even try to understand a concept that you don't know now, you're doomed to ignorance for the rest of your life. Thomas aquinas was a hack that decided that you have to BELIEVE something to understand it first, which is completely the opposite approach from real thinkers and scientists.
>>
>>740808526
The way I see "God's will" or "an act of God" it really just seems like good luck that an already religious (or religiously curious) person received and attributed to god. Also, your post doesn't really shine light on what god specifically answers to those prayers. How do you know that it's not Allah that is performing these? Faith isn't a good answer really since faith depends on your upbringing. If you were born in the Middle East I'm almost positive you would be saying allah performed these miracles.
>>
>>740802775
From all the possible sources you give a shity example from the "arabian world", which you don't even explain in detail....
Mahmud detected.....
... Mahmut alert....

What a surprise another brainwashed religious sandnigger , thinking he can give us advice just because he can speak English... And guess which God he's babbling about
>>
>>740819245
Dude don't embarrass yourself further.
>>
File: 1409465979608.jpg (654KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
1409465979608.jpg
654KB, 2203x2937px
itt the retardation of mankind
>>
I never understood how Christians claim god is real by saying that earth is too perfect for humans to live on that's its almost impossible he isn't real is very flawed. The earth wasn't made for us. Earth just happened to be one of the few if not only planets that's could support life like us. The earth isn't here becuase god made us, we are here becuase the Earth could support us. "Earth" could have been any planet in our universe and wed be there instead of here.

I used to be very Christian but im now more agnostic but i still firmly believe in many of the morals teachings of the bible. Would i still go to heaven if i still follow the teachings but don't believe jesus died for my sins?
>>
File: fedora.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>740801073
OP
>>
>>740819245
>>740820938
. I meant tge guy you were answering to... Ofcourse the vagus nerve is a product of evolution and makes sense.. and this fucker claims to have studied biology
>>
>>740821073
Also I despise the people who say christians ate the stupidest people in the world. Like they're some kind of enlightened super bred human. Most are just edgy neckbeards who do nothing productive and need to feel better about themselves. To all those who passionately put down believes, who hurt you.
>>
What created God?
>>
>>740821669
Thats a retarded statement 2nd grade statement. Nothing created "it"(since god is genderless) it transcends space and time having no begining or end yet still being the begining or end. Our human minds can't comprehended it
>>
>>740821874
Well, I mean, people say that the universe had to be created by something (or someone) and couldn't just form on its own, so then what created God? Just a thought.
>>
>>740805672
If the scientific method and development of the human race has taught us ANYTHING, it's that things do need to fit into "nice, neat logical boxes."

A notion or corporeal object cannot exist if it defies the logical establishment of modern science.
>>
>>740822056
I see where you're coming from. Its just logic of space and time and creation cant be placed on god. He transcends logic
>>
>>740822354
How convenient
>>
File: bait.jpg (220KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
220KB, 3000x3000px
>>740805584
You are genuinely autistic if you believe DMT is "released during death."

I legitimately am having trouble believing someone could be so blatantly uneducated, however considering this is a thread full of religious downies...

>Mfw can't tell if bait
>>
>>740821172
I mean, one could claim god only started evolution, and then sat back and let it take its course. However, that's the God of the gaps fallacy right there, and also contradicts the whole "made in gods image" bullshit.

Religion is holy, like swiss cheese.
>>
>>740801073
>So illogical so stupid

Said everyone about everything they fear/don't understand/cannot explain.
>>
>>740801073
>fedora fag
Honest question, why don't atheists just kill themselves? You honestly have nothing to live or die for? Just end it all since life is pointless.
>>
>>740822413
Its not conviemence its logic. Do you expect a gpd that has the ability to create life and the galaxy to be fully undertood by a human. We havent even explored much of our earth. How can a human understand the complexity of a being so powerful if many cant even understand there are only two biological genders. Plus if god could be fully inderstood the concept of aith would be irrelevant.
>>
>>740801073
If you don't believe in God

Then pray to Satan.

Do it pussy.

I bet you won't.
>>
>>740823114
The only purpose to life is experience and passing on you're genes. So in reality no purpose to non believers. Oddly enough many evangelical atheists don't accomplish either of these.
>>
>>740819453
Its okay brah, I've taken shits bigger than your little pin
>>
>>740801073
When u break it down. It doesn't make sense how every thinf really comes from nothing. Even if you take the big bang and pay attention to it, how was everything befire that? Just nothing?.......if you take away the stars and planets outer space is just one big empty room. And even then you have to ask where that came from?

And on another note GOD has always existed no one has created God. Even if you take from the atheist big bang point of view which explains the stars and planets coming to be you still have to ask where did outer space itself come from? It has always existed. Even before the big bang
>>
>>740801073
>hurrr God == dumbz
>me smart cuz me rational
>me not lyke religionfags cuz me so smart
Every atheist argument ever.

1. Cosmological argument.
2. Pascal's wager

Rational them apples.
>>
Atheists imagine a world where people are Godless thus leading to crazy sci fi universe with all cures and no conflicts but in reality a Godless society just leads you to fucking 100 genders, open borders, and Muslims invading your country. Cause an atheist society always leads to a leftist one. Just look at western europe. Whoops RIP
>>
>>740823308
This.
Notice how every satanic thread has no "LOL Satan isn't real"
Atheism: its all about the edge man
>>
File: 1422847099152.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422847099152.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>>740801073
Study words,
>magic words
>words of power
>sound frequency vibration

SOUND

look it up
>>
Either god exist.
Or something has to exist and that it is probable that it couldn't exist in any other way.
>>
>>740823548
>outer space has always existed

You do understand there is evidence that directly contradicts that statement, and anyone who knows anything about cosmology can already tell you are a complete fucking moron, right?

Ok, lets break it down faggot. What you refer to as space, is actually spacetime, and it can be observed to warp around big objects like stars, and to a lesser extent, planets. Due to the fact we know it warps, we can measure the expansion of our whole universe. As light moves through expanding space, the wavelength of light is slowly stretched so it moves towards the red end of the electromagnetic spectrum. You see, by how "redshifted" the light is, we can tell how long it has been travelling through space for, and also that the universe is expanding. We have dated the universe at 13.7 billion years, and prior to that, the spacetime of our universe didnt exist.

>things cant come from nothing
You literally have no concept of physics outside this universe, you can barely grasp it within your own universe. Firstly, there is no valid claim that states there was not a phenomenon in the surrounding "multiverse" that caused our universe to be created. Secondly, there is no evidence to suggest that phenomenon needs to have happened due to the physics of the potential "multiverse"

read some books that are more recent that 2000 years old, and you might save yourself looking like a faggot online.
>>
>>740824614
>read some books that are more recent that 2000 years old
>check out muh dawkins
LOL fedora fags are subhuman trash.
>>
>>740801073
IMO life is way too complex to have just randomly come about on this planet. Where life started, I have no idea. Maybe life as we know it came from little microbes stored away on an asteroid that traveled for millions of light years. Maybe we were created by an advanced alien civilization. All of which are more probable than god. But who knows. We don't. Could be anything. But evolution has been proven time and time again to be the most reasonable and useful way to explain why we are here.

And TBH I'd rather be In a world where we can solve all of our problems using science and technology than a world created as a cage to keep us silent and dumb.
>>
>>740826174
Ive literally never read dawkins, he is a media whore.
Good job debunking my arguments though, perhaps you should write a book called "How to clean cum off a cock, using only your tongue, by Faggot Anon". That seems to be your area of expertise.
>>
>>740827090
>perhaps you should write a book called "How to clean cum off a cock, using only your tongue
I would, but you'd sue me for copying your work ;)
Succ my semi fedora fag, you people are T R A S H
>>
>>740827090
>debunking my arguments
Assuming anyone gives a fuck what your retard, child like brain came up with. LOL
>>
>>740827351
No, i have better things to do than write books about faggots sucking each other cocks. Although that does point out your inability to be original in the slightest.
Even your ad hominems are weak.
>T R A S H
implying you have a valid option on anything.
>>
Hahahaha look at all these indoctrinated morons triggered trying to defend their fairy tales. They're simply not smart enough to woke up from the church's lies. Such a pitty. If it weren't for them we would be living in an utopia right now.
>>
>>740827614
you responded, must care a little faggot.
>>
>>740827631
>I'm mad because I'm ugly af
Fedora fags, when will they learn?
>>
>>740827917
>not smart enough to woke up
>>
>>740827918
Only a little, faggot.
>>
>>740806409
Faith: Forces beyond my control will make the weekend great again

Atheism: the weekend's greatness depends on how I approach it

Ftfy
>>
File: 1492800760488.gif (2MB, 408x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492800760488.gif
2MB, 408x225px
>>740827631
>No, i have better things to do than write books about faggots sucking each other cocks.
Yeah.. sure...
>>
>>740828069
>Triggered
Well, maybe my grammar would be better hadn't I gone to a catholic school where teachers were more interested in teaching us fairy tales than rational things.
>>
>>740828328
>hey guys what's an ideology?
Suck 1.
>>
>>740801073
define god
>>
>>740807519
Peace be upon you, winnower of truths
>>
>>740828405
>not smart enough to woke up
Preach it fam
>>
File: pee-wee2jpg-e31d3f_1280w.jpg (116KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
pee-wee2jpg-e31d3f_1280w.jpg
116KB, 1280x719px
>>740801073
God is the totality of being. So the modern concept is that God is dead (unconscious) not that God does not exist because clearly being exists or you wouldn't experence anything.

That being said if we are conscious and made out of the same stuff as the rest universe then not only does god exist but god has at least the potential to be alive and conscious.
>>
>>740828405
>blame my school for my autism plz
>>
>>740827990
>assuming im not attractive because of a belief
Have faith in that, faggot? Same way you have faith in jebus cumming down your throat?

>>740828126
At least i have a good reason to care about people being morons, you make up the society i have to live in.

>>740828400
I guess we are all wasting time on this shitty site, so you may have a point, but what does that say about you, faggot?
>>
>>740828567
Hahahaha you're so triggered and jealous because you're not as rational as atheists.
>>
>>740828704
>effort
You're a loser.
>>
>>740828791
>Hahahaha
Pretend laughter
>>
>>740828704
>Same way you have faith in jebus cumming down your throat?
Edgy.
Homosexual fantasy's of the atheist scumbag are shining through.
>>
>>740808628
I think about this point a lot. The common denominator in all faiths is people: either you listen to your conscience or you don't.
>>
>>740828704
>I guess we are all wasting time on this shitty site, so you may have a point, but what does that say about you, faggot?
That I'm on the same website as you atm...
>>
>>740801073

Brain is an ecological system just like any other. Shit happens to it, it leaves a mark, that mark is a record. Cities, swamps, deserts, forests all work the same way, they leave a record of everything that's happened to it. Not perfect, of course, but every grain of sand in a desert is there because of natural forces, and the position its in is an indicator of something that happened to it.

Anyway there's no reason for your brain to work by any other rules. That's how memory works, that's how it works in a computer, a record is kept by moving shit around methodically.

>You have freewill and consciousness
Then a city, book, or universe has its own consciousness.

>you don't have freewill and consciousness
Also a possibility. It really just depends on your opinion, and how you feel about reality, and what your experience of living in a society or a family or an ecosystem tells you. The system may think for itself, it may not. Who cares. But it's stupid to assume a large system doesn't think and wonder why people might disagree.
>>
>>740828704
>At least i have a good reason to care about people being morons, you make up the society i have to live in.
Absolutely pathetic.
>>
All that we think we know is only perceived. I am not so naive as to assume that we are the supreme beings of this universe. I believe that God is probably some alien being or force vastly beyond our comprehension. How much greater must a creator be than the creation? I don't blame athiests who can't fathom such a force, such an enigma as the Alpha and Omega. I can't really comprehend it myself, but I have faith because I believe that purpose is not purposeless, and design is not random chance. There is always a cause and effect, and so this day on this planet must be the effect of something. I personally am a Christian, but I'm not entirely convinced that there is only one single true pursuit of truth.
>>
Anyone who has had a dream should know that our concept of reality is fucked.

Every night a magic part of your brain makes you believe you're awake and doing shit. AND YOU BELIEVE IT SO HARD.

How do people wake up OK??

I graduated with a neuroscience degree. The science behind consciousness and its ugly cousins dreams and hallucinations is a fucking mess. The philosophy of it isn't much better.
>>
As a decent human, there is something off, something cringy about atheists. They don't recognize this, like how a fox can't smell its own scent. Atheists are subhuman, lesser beings, literal trash.
>>
>>740829253
>implying would would enjoy being surrounded by obvious brain dead retards for the majority of your time
>>
>>740829972
>implying would would
Would chuck would chuck would?
>>
>>740817992
Wrong.
Knowledge != Belief, belief is what happens when your subconscious is convinced of a particular reality and you accept it without question.

Knowledge is the foundation of ideas, that which the conscious mind winnows and tests for congruence with reality.
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.