[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when you die? Is there a God?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 21

File: img1.jpg (116KB, 1053x700px) Image search: [Google]
img1.jpg
116KB, 1053x700px
What happens when you die?

Is there a God?
>>
I don't know. Kys and tell us what happens.
>>
shameless self bump.
>>
There is a god as its very unlikely that the complex world that we barely understand was created in a random series of events.
No one knows what happens after u die
>>
>what happens when you die?
Generally you are either buried in the ground or cremated.
>Is there a God?
There's no good reason to think so.
>>
I like to think when we die theres just a feeling of contempt. No memories or consciousness,
and maybe eventually were reborn

No one knows, form opinions
Maybe god maybe no god, fuck it,
you are all terrible anyways
>>
>>738872235
No reason to think there isnt either
So much uncertainty :[
>>
>>738871780
Just because there's a slim chance doesn't mean there is no chance. It's even more unlikely that a god of any known religion exists as there are countless gods and 0 proof it evidence to say otherwise. But whatever makes you happy prior to your eternal stay in the void.
>>
>>738872641
There's no reason to think that there aren't polka dot aliens in the Andromeda galaxy plotting to steal all our onions either.
>>
>>738872739
In an infinite universe, there's an infinite amount of polka dot aliens lusting after our onions.
>>
>>738872720
> your eternal stay in the void.
I like to think of this more like a dreamless sleep.

>It's even more unlikely that a god of any known religion exists as there are countless gods and 0 proof it evidence to say otherwise.
I agree.

>Just because there's a slim chance doesn't mean there is no chance.
I think we will never know for sure but the fact that the universe is so complex is surely got me in the theist camp. If electricity ,wich we use daily and seems like we had it forever, we discovered not long ago who knows what were missing right now.
>>
>>738873617
Assuming that complexity requires intent is a common problem that people have. We have a bad habit of seeing patterns even when there's no actual pattern to see.
>>
>>738870885
nothing. no.
>>
>>738870966
roll
>>
No one knows. So don't believe what anyone says.
>>
No one knows. So don't believe what anyone says
>>
No one knows. So don't believe what anyone says
>>
>>738873902
The human brain is all we have and it might be too little to make definitive statements about the world. My point is that to say "its all meaningless and random" is a huge overestimation of our capability to comprehend the universe.
>>
>>738870885
What happens when a dog dies?

Is there a God?
>>
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
>>
>>738870885
Neil degrassi Tyson says we're living in a simulation. Kinda like...a highly advance version of GTA V or Skyrim being monitored by some kind of higher being. Only thing this....we actually believe we're real.
>>
>>738870885
there is a god, he doesn't give a shit what you do and there is no afterlife
>>
>>738874701
Yet you claim to be in the theist camp despite admitting that you might not be able to make definitive statements about the world.
>>
>>738874825
he doesn't say that
>>
>>738870885
death and an angel make an infinity symbol and then old people go in and young people go out. there's also a river and some wild animals
>>
>>738870885
Do you fear death? What about it scares you?
Do you fear eternal nothingness? Nothing is just a human concept, find and show me anything in the universe or in nature that is nothing. You cant. Why would our experience be any different? Just imagine falling asleep and never waking up. Thats Death. Imagine now waking up after never falling asleep Thats birth. I dont think an experience of nothing can exist. Something will happen your energy and body will go back to the Earth in some way. Whatever happens its not something to fear
>>
What happens? What happens when you don't die? That happens.

Is there a God? Our existence is proof we were created, that's undenyable. Is God a sentient being or simply matter and energy itself? I've never heard of anyone qualified to answer that.
>>
>>738875218
Thank you for this. I've suffered from existential death anxiety for years now, and last night I sought help. I believe your post is a sign of something.
>>
>>738874916
I have to make a choice based on insufficient information and live my life.
>>
>>738870885

All the DMT in your pineal gland releases, you see some crazy shit, then you fall asleep.
>>
>>738875579
Define created.
>>
>>738875718
Just live your life and be happy, Use death as a catalyst to enjoy life because one day your fears will go away, why not just conquer them now? it is inevitable
>>
>>738875741
Do you believe in other things when there's insufficient information?
>>
I assume you go back to where you came out of in the first place. And then promptly come back out.
>>
>>738872641
If there is a god, he doesn't care about us. Look at the world around you.
>>
>>738876047
...your mom's vagina?
>>
>>738870885
You were born from dust, and you return to dust when you die. Nothing special happens. Your body just withers away into the ground and you become fertilizer.
>>
>>738875718
Listen to some Alan Watts, he talks about death in a few of the recordings. Nothing to fear
>>
>>738875949
Thank you, again.
>>
>>738876180
Will do, thank you.
>>
>>738875579
I deny that.
>>
>>738875718
Or maybe his post means shit and you want to believe what makes you feel comfortable.
>>
>>738876239
>>738876266
Anytime, to help others is to help yourself
>>
>>738876155
Nothing. You came out of your mothers vagina after you came out of nothing.
>>
File: ujhhkyuk.jpg (47KB, 633x430px) Image search: [Google]
ujhhkyuk.jpg
47KB, 633x430px
>>738870885
>What happens when you die?

The answer It's already written on the bible, you dumbass.
>>
>>738870885
u r buried
there isnt
>>
>>738876404
Why would you come back out of nothing again?
>>
>>738870885

If, after your death, you are in the same situation of so-called non-existance as before your birth, then the absolute truth is that you will be reborn again. Why? Because you were born out of that no-thingness already. Here you are, you're alive, out of the same no-thing you will go into, you have come out of, for no reason at all. Therefore, that implies you will live forever as one form or another, or as pure consciousness.
>>
>>738876491
Those corrected Bibles sure are helpful.
>>
>>738876501
Why did you come out of nothing this time? Because why the fuck not, that's why.
>>
>>738876629
That's not an answer. You show up once and there's no evidence I'm aware of that you ever show up again.
>>
>>738870885
We probably cease to exist.
There has been no evidence to the contrary as of yet.
>>
>>738876589
>Therefore, that implies you will live forever as one form or another, or as pure consciousness.
It implies no such thing.
>>
>>738876697
>>738876629
Nothing isnt a real thing. 0 isnt a number.
That is evidence that something will happen one way or the other
>>
>>738876689
No one said this is your first time being conscious. You can't prove that you weren't, just like you can't prove that you were.

It's all speculation.
>>
>>738874825
No he doesn't.
>>
>>738870966
roll
>>
File: arbys.png (364KB, 664x665px) Image search: [Google]
arbys.png
364KB, 664x665px
Invalid question. Thanks to quantum physics I'm actually immortal. You may one day perceive me to die but I can only perceive universes in which I'm alive.
>>
>>738875796
Heat and water create condensation. I create a texture overlay in photoshop. C17H25N creates PCP. The grand canyon was created through years of erosion. Creation can have intentional forethought or be a natural occurance.

Are you asking me to define it in this specific case in which I already stated I'm not qualified to do so? If so, I'm not qualified to do so.
>>
>>738872500
This is the best answer yet.
>>
>>738875959
>Getting sassy aren't we?
I phrased that poorly , "undefinitive information".
Information that doesn't allow me to make to arrive at a obiectively right conclussion that im so sure of that i can convince others with scientific statements.

If you choose to be an atheist or theist you make your decision based on a hunch and i think i expressed my hunch .

>Do you believe in other things when there's insufficient information?
I think you know this is a special matter.
>>
>>738873584
They can't have our onions. Don't you get it? First it's the onions, then it's our lolis. I won't have it.
>>
>>738870885
roam earth for 40 days seeing whaever is happening going wherever you want the just lights and stuf but you feel bliss
>>
>>738876629
Biology, physics , cause and effect - were all critical reasons why you were born - not 'out of the ether' but from the refined genes of a billion life forms that preceded you.

This is your one and only life ... deal with it faggot. When you die, you rot... there is nothing after
>>
>>738872500
>Reborn

Into what? Inanimate objects?
>>
>>738876788
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>738876841
>No one said this is your first time being conscious.
That's what the available evidence points to.
>You can't prove that you weren't, just like you can't prove that you were.
Absence of evidence is not evidence.
>It's all speculation
Mine is simpler.
>>
>>738870885
I don't know but I'm eager to find out. I just hope whatever is waiting for me on the other side is better than this miserable existence I'm living now
>>
>>738876724

Sure it does, anon. You coming out of nothing, at random, is proof enough that it can and will happen. Now what doesn't make sense, is to imply that you go into nothingness for all eternity, because if that was the case we wouldn't be here having this civil discussion.

Plain and simple, if nothingness was forever we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>738870885
We're resurrected in a computer simulation by a later civilization who has mastered non-physical time travel.

For some it is a heaven (or hell) of their own choice. Basically deep down we feel remorse for any bad things we've done, even if those bad things gave us physical pleasure, so many enter their own hell until they find redemption.

Some are content to sit at the left hand of who they think is god.

Others figure out what they are in, and eventually leave the simulation in an immortal machine bodies and see the wonders of the universe.

And some choose to delete themselves. Self chosen oblivion.
>>
>>738872739
God, not the onions. TopKek
>>
>>738877005
>If you choose to be an atheist or theist you make your decision based on a hunch
You don't though. You can simply not believe things for which there isn't reason to believe.
>I think you know this is a special matter.
How do you figure?
>>
>>738876841
Of you are asserting that your consciousness re-asserts itself , then it's down to you to provide proof for that hypothesis,...otherwise , stop talking such patent bullshit
>>
>>738877071
Show me some proof for your claims, bucko.
>>
>>738877173
>You coming out of nothing, at random, is proof enough that it can and will happen.
It's proof that it can and will happen once. It is not proof that it can and will happen more than once.
>because if that was the case we wouldn't be here having this civil discussion.
That does not follow.
>>
>>738877114
The answer of someone that knows im right
>>
>>738870885
Does it matter?
>>
>>738872739
I'm sure that a highly developed life form like that has already discovered the recipe for synthetic onions.
>>
File: 1277737288721.jpg (904KB, 2250x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1277737288721.jpg
904KB, 2250x1406px
>>738870885
Nothing
>>
>>738877516
On a grand scale it does. It matters a whole fucking lot. Personally? It shouldn't.
>>
nothing, just like how it was before you were born.

nope. no such thing.
>>
>>738870885
Most likely we are in a computer simulation already.

Consider the following :

1. A computer capable of simulating a physical universe at a basic level (gravity, atomic forces, subatomic forces, etc) could already be built. A computer powerful enough to handle the calculations in real time would me tremendously expensive to simulate even 1 solar system's worth of material, but is absolutely possible with even current generation hardware.

2. If 1 is possible, then before too long a computer capable of simulating a universe is possible since it is nothing but a matter of scale (and computer power is nowhere near maxing out). In time, someone will create a "pocket virtual universe"

3. If we can create a universe nearly indistinguishable from ours in a computer simulation, then you could build a universe simulator inside of that universe.

4. At this point, infinite universes nested in each other becomes possible. We are now unlikely to be at the top of that chain.
>>
>>738877289

You're the one implying that it's nonexistence after we die, I believe it's you that needs to show evidence for that.

Like I said before, if nothingness was forever then that's exactly how it would be, we wouldn't be experiencing life as we do now.

Sorry you can't wrap your brain around that, anon.
>>
>>738870885
If I die, there is one God less on earth. That one is for sure.
>>
>>738875218
>Nothing is just a human concept
That's a really powerful quote you got there
>>
File: trN6Lcb.png (653KB, 942x440px) Image search: [Google]
trN6Lcb.png
653KB, 942x440px
>>738877636

Theres only one king billy & thats McNeil
>>
File: unthedunecoon.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
unthedunecoon.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
>>738876936
Topkek mate
>>
>>738877410

Do you not see all the people being born everyday? It seems to me that consciousness has popped up more than once. You're already wrong.
>>
>>738877636
Satan: thou art a stumbling-block unto me
>>
>>738871780
>its very unlikely that the complex world that we barely understand was created in a random series of events

Do you have a source for this claim?
>>
>>738877875
>Do you not see all the people being born everyday?
Yes, and each person appears to be different from all the others.
>It seems to me that consciousness has popped up more than once.
Not the same consciousness.
>You're already wrong.
Prove it.
>>
>>738874825
Fuck that phony
>>
File: 1480185976610.gif (2MB, 360x265px) Image search: [Google]
1480185976610.gif
2MB, 360x265px
>>738870885
>What happens when you die?
>Is there a God?

No, get over it...

You only have one life, there is no purpose, just enjoy it like an ultra HD 4K VR experience until it ends.
>>
Some argue we die every night.

Life is nothing but the continuation of consciousness. Everyone loses consciousness when asleep. Without the continuation of consciousness you have no real proof that you were the same person yesterday as today.

Sure you can make an educated guess that you were yesterday. But can you be sure? Sadly no...

"I think therefore I am"

And at night, we all stop thinking.
>>
>>738877285
This is getting repetitive.

>You can simply not believe things for which there isn't reason to believe.

Reason to believe:
-evolution
-only life form discovered
-only rational animal
>exceptional things that happened for no reason in a matter only world with no creator

Why aren't we just another planet with only dust in it?

etc.
>>
Do you remember the time before you were born?
Dying is the same.
>>
>>738878193
How is any of that reason to believe? You are essentially saying "it seems implausible to me that this could occur naturally, therefore God".

That's not actually a reason.
>>
>>738877597
I half-way agree, but can't base my life on something that MAY be a thing. I couldn't be anyone else anyways.
>>
>>738878002
There is a fun theory, the homunculus theory or something like that (I am too lazy to look it up).

It states that any person you meet could in fact be basically a "zombie". Not the brain eating type, but like they act like they think, feel, etc. but in reality they have no "humanity". They don't really have a "soul" basically.

Most people think of themselves as having a "true" self. A little person watching from inside their heads. These "zombies" don't have that. They may say they do, they may act like, but they really don't. The point of the thought experiment is that it is impossible to tell they are lying.
>>
>>738878141
At night I think of cunt
I blow ropes therefore I am
We are all spunk in the wind
>>
>>738870885
"11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire"
-Revelation 2011-15
>>
>>738878438
Sure, there are a bunch of thought experiments similar to that (basically, you cannot tell the difference between the genuine and a sufficiently accurate simulation). What's the point?
>>
>>738878768
Oh, no point. I just like the theory.
>>
I've been legally dead three times in periods of 30 seconds, 1 minute and 4 minutes and 57 seconds. Suffered severe chest and neck injuries in a car crash and died in the helicopter the first time and got zapped back. Second time was during surgery and third and longest time was during a blood clot in recovery which I remember perfectly.
Got dizzy, lost vision than gone. Woke up feeling like a cannon shot me in the chest with a doctor on top of me giving me chest compression's.
Guess what? There is nothing. Felt like I've been a sleep.
>>
>>738877813
how so?
>>
>>738878750
You can be sure you blow your wad tonight.

But did you blow it last night, and will it be you who blows it tomorrow? Without continuity, you cannot be sure.
>>
>>738878360
I think that there is an "inteligent being" behind those events that occured naturally.
A being that works with the elements of nature therefore you look at it and say "theres nothing to it"
Im not implying with this a moral god.
>>
>>738878766
It's a good fantasy book that. A bit over the top and some strange racism, hate towards women but all in all 7/10.
>>
>>738878993
>I think that there is an "inteligent being" behind those events that occured naturally.
Why?
>A being that works with the elements of nature therefore you look at it and say "theres nothing to it"
I look at it and say "there's no reason to believe there's anything to it"
>Im not implying with this a moral god.
Not terribly relevant to our discussion.
>>
File: 149989374170.jpg (100KB, 1052x503px) Image search: [Google]
149989374170.jpg
100KB, 1052x503px
>>738878997
>I jack off with traps

kek
>>
>>738878438
just sounds like repackaged elitism
>>
>>738879275
Good for you, I prefer women.
>>
>>738878002

We all may be different, but we all experience the same form of consciousness. Some may view reality differently due to brain defects, or some other kind of mental disease, but we all experience the same underlying consciousness. You don't know for a fact that once you die, that you won't be conscious again, not from your point of view obviously, but from one of the many people being born everyday.

I'm not stubborn enough to claim what I believe is fact, not like you. To think what you believe is fact, without any evidence to boot, is sad to say the least. Everyone's opinions in here are just that, until we have definitive proof.
>>
>>738879275
Anyone taking that book as the "truth" is pretty much considered a lunatic here in Scandinavia.
Literally a text about how shrimp is evil, babies not dipped in some "holy" water ends up in hell or some other horrible place and how genocide and having slaves is pretty ok. But DO NOT eat the shrimp. That's a ticket to hell. Where the king of evil for some retarded reason punishes you for being evil... All makes total sense. No wonder most of our priests are agnostic.
>>
>>738879246
>I look at it and say "there's no reason to believe there's anything to it"

I say there IS you say there is NOT .

I guess there is where our discussion turns rotten.

This is what I meant here>>738874701
>>
>>738879859
shrimp ??
>>
>>738879350
You're not necessarily "better" then the zombie, it is just you are "real" and they are not.
>>
>>738879972
haha okay then
>>
>>738870885
>wut habbens wen u git ded
Same thing that happens every time you kill an ant or a cow or a leaf of lettuce on a salad. the compounds break down, their molecules and atoms disperse and get busy hooking up in other patterns.

the universe does not depend on humans for anything, and does not seem to care, nor have a way of caring, about humans dying onesy twosey or by the gorillions. Stupid ape species only matters to itself as far as anybody can tell.
>>
>>738879740
>we all experience the same form of consciousness
We're all the same species with the same general brain structure, if that's what you mean.
>You don't know for a fact that once you die, that you won't be conscious again
I don't know it for a fact in the same way that I don't know a lot of things for a fact. The point is that there's no reason to believe that what you say is true.
>without any evidence to boot
We do have evidence that consciousness is tied to the brain, and we have evidence that the brain rots away.
>>
>>738879879
>I say there IS you say there is NOT .
Okay, what is it then?
>>
>>738880082

>point is that there's no reason to believe that what you say is true.

Likewise, anon.
>>
>>738880139
what is what ?
>>
File: IMG_1640.jpg (44KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1640.jpg
44KB, 500x333px
>>738877327
DNA

QED
>>
>>738879949
Yeah sea food.

Leviticus 11:9-12
“These you may eat, of all that are in the waters. Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat. But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you. You shall regard them as detestable; you shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall detest their carcasses. Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is detestable to you.

Literally everything from lobsters and crabs to shrimp is "detestable". Straight to hell with you.
(it's also mentioned more times as a sin that homosexuality is)
>>
>>738879740
>we all experience the same form of consciousness

Take a visit to the psyche ward and see how long it takes to disavow yourself of that fantasy.
>>
>>738880250
The reason to believe there's an intelligence behind nature.
>>
>>738880275
Ahahah ok then, thank for the response anon
>>
>>738880206
Occam's Razor.
>>
>>738877733

You want me to provide proof that nothing happens after you die?

Easy
The proof required to prove "nothing" is "no proof"

You are fucking retarded
>>
>>738870885
god is dead
>>
>>738880279

So you think that the consciousness that you experience is different than everyone else's? I feel sorry for you, kiddo.
>>
>>738880275
Straight out of greek archaea. Even the wise Epicurus forbade his friends and students from eating shellfish. Lived in the muck + hard to clean = made a lot of people sick. Same with pigs in the middle east, and whatever rough or bush meat in other cultures.
>>
>>738880420
nothing isnt a real thing, nothing cant happen
>>
>>738880420

Once again, sorry you can't wrap your head around that, bucko.
>>
>>738880275
It's strange. You never see the angry old men with signs saying "I HATE SHRIMP EATERS! BURN IN HELL"
Nah pick on the gays instead. Even though the bible hates a lot more on seafood...
>(earing clothing of mixed fabrics is also a ticket to hell, 100% of humanity then)
>>
>>738880530
Nature abhors a vaccum
>>
>>738880530
nothing happens all the time

it's happening right now everywhere that there isn't something

checkmate sucka
>>
>>738870966
roll
>>
File: 1499977218231.jpg (24KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1499977218231.jpg
24KB, 480x516px
>>738870885
probably alot of cats
>>
>>738880324
One of the reasons is the exceptions that are found on earth and not he rest of the universe.
>>
>>738880605

That's where you're wrong, there is always something.
>>
>>738880605
You just referred to it as It. There for you turned it into something else, not nothing. What is this it that is happening?
>>
>>738880480
Oooooh BURNNNNNED

try again ya fuckin moron
>>
>>738880671
correct, like i said Nature abhors a vaccum
>>
>>738877563
say no to GMO
>>
>>738880422
deep bro

as a concept at least he exists whether you believe in him or not. the morality self restraint and servitude to yourself and others (obviously the story is bullshit) remains alive and well, just ignored.
>>
>>
>>738880560
No proof resides in the positive assertion .
You are asserting that "something" happens to your consciousness after you die...I reject that hypothesis.
The burden of proof lies with you.
>>
>>738880672
the lack of thingness, referred to by the word nothing

duh
>>
We either go to Hell or Heaven

though reincarnation also makes sense
>>
>>738880671
prove it
>>
>>738880656
1. How do you know they aren't anywhere else in the universe?
2. Even if they were only on earth, how does that point to an intelligence?
>>
>>738880819
There is no absence of "thingness" lol doesnt make sense, there is always something. show me this lack of thingness
>>
>>738880745
and yet, vaccums do exist, for nature to abhor and move into
>>
>>738880721
I don't believe I need to, you already outed yourself as a retard.
>>
>>738880969
Where is there a vaccum not created by humans?
>>
>>738880847
Holy fuck you just invented new worlds no one can detect in this reality

oh but they're not part of this reality

>not real
>>
>>738880803
Not the consciousness that I'm experiencing at this moment. I never said anything like that.
>>
The same sort of thing that did when you were born
>>
>>738880862

HUUUUUUUURRRRRR
>>
File: images[1].jpg (6KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
6KB, 325x155px
>>738881049
>>
>>738881077
You are asserting that there is another form of consciousness that you can experience outside the one your brain is running?

That sounds implausible

Proof required
>>
>>738880847
Or our brains electrical impulses shuts down, brain goes dark. A few minutes later the lack of activity starts degrading our brain and everything that was you is gone. Just like a dead hdd.
Our bodies are nothing but biological machines with a limited lifespan. Our consciousness is a bi-product of evolved brains.
Just like dolphins and other intelligent animals.
I've been dead, there is nothing.
>>
>>738880934
Beyond the limit ahead of the expanding universe where space does not yet exist.
Beyond the limit behind the creation of time, when time did not yet exist to function.
>>
>>738881172
So you dont know?
>>
>>738880847
>We either go to Hell or Heaven
Why? What happened to all the people who lived for 200 000+ years before the invention of the Christian religion? Did they go to hell?
Gotta be full down there..
>>
>>738881310
Thats too abstract to count for anything. although i do really like the phrasing and enjoy that you said that.
>>
Wow. Normal and eloquent people, here on 4 chan. Who would have thought.
>>
>>738881310
-
>beyond the limit of space and time
You don't understand what space-time is , or you would not say something so retarded
>>
>>738881347
im not being sassy, just want corrected if im wrong in that comparison. I just want to know if it exists in the natural order of things
>>
>>738881347
>Hint: Look up
>>
>>738881213
but like what happens to your mindset like i know your vision basically shuts off but there has to be more than just this..
>>
>>738880883
I hope you can take this joke in good spirit.

1.How do you know they are?=>undefinitive information.
2.Why be an exception withougt a point in mind
>>
>>738881504
Space is full of dark matter, still something
>>
>>738881049
Asteroid hits the fucking atmoshere. Sonic boom. Air collapsing in to fill the vacuum left in the asteroids wake.

Mantis Shrimp's claw snaps so fucking fast it vaporizes the water and the sea slams in to the resulting vacuum to fill it.

Every fucking time lightening strikes.

ETC ETC ETC

yes, city person with no knowledge of the world you live in, the universe and world is full of dynamic systems and humans are not the most powerful things in it.
>>
>>738870885
reincarnation

no matter how much you gonna cry about it it will happen
>>
>>738881570
hmm ok, still nature course corrects immediately in these situations to fill the nothing because it isnt natural. ill move away from my vaccum comparison its flawed
>>
>>738881441
It's turtles all the way down.
>>
>>738881564
Space is still a vacuum by the definition of the word.
Besides, dark matter is very tricky, it could be something and still be nothing.
>>
>>738881776
Higgs field is present even in a total vaccuum
>>
>>738877636
oh, so you remember what is was like before you were born?
>>
>>738881541
>1.How do you know they are?
I don't and never claimed to.
>2.Why be an exception withougt a point in mind
Because exceptions occur? Why does there need to be a point?

In the spirit of jokes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCL4dXUtblg
>>
>>738881878
I should probably ask what I'm even arguing, I jumped in the middle of the conversation.
>>
>>738881540
>but there has to be more
Why? There is no reason there should be.
Nothing but the human fear of not existing anymore.
You can literally erase a persons entire personality, memories, ideas. Everything that makes you who you are can be completely and utterly erased with a quick poke in the brain.
You can make a person brain dead with a simple electrical shock. The body lives on, the person is gone.
That's what we are, that's what YOU are. Simple electrical impulses in a biological computer that is extremely fragile. One glitch, one broken component and poff, gone forever.
>>
>>738881776
I have to work on my comparison, i jumped into this without preparation. I still dont think an experience of nothing can exist. I could just stick to mathematical terms and say something we all know is true. Zero isnt a real number it doesnt exist. Just apply that to the natural world since math heavily applies in it
>>
File: 3ed123be4df424e2cc6b0aff596f2d22.jpg (396KB, 1194x754px) Image search: [Google]
3ed123be4df424e2cc6b0aff596f2d22.jpg
396KB, 1194x754px
>>738870885
You stop existing.

Try to imagine it.

Pro tip: [spoiler]You can't.[/spoiler]

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>738882089
Whether nothing is real or a human construct. Talking about space being a vaccum and whether the dark matter in it makes something or truly nothing
>>
>>738882090
You cannot simply disprove of having a God because there's also no proof that he doesn't exist. The Bible and Quran simply existed way back then and even today? Why does it continue to exist when it's ancient? Do people worship Greek gods now? It's all part of your mental mindset and how you intrepert life. It's all in God's hands.
If there was no bible or any ongoing religion and peopke in the 19th century brought up a God then yes, we'd all be doubtful in his existence but come on, He wasn't mentioned or heard in the 19th century.
>>
>>738870885
Why would a god exist when I die if one doesn't exist now? Am I a god?
>>
>>738882444
cheked Trips.

also trips decides
>>
>>738882444
are we all gods?
>>
File: IMG_1699.png (472KB, 522x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1699.png
472KB, 522x501px
>>738882090
/thread

Religious faggots indoctrinated since birth to believe they have a 'special place in the universe' and that their retarded inner monologue is somehow an undying eternal spirit.
Despite the fact your consciousness can so easily be altered by such simple things as hunger, thirst or hard drugs.

Please religious fags, stick a straightened out clothes-hanger fully into your ear, give it a few shakes, and see what effect that has on your consciousness
>>
>>738882393
>there's also no proof that he doesn't exist
There are leprechauns because you can't prove there aren't.
My dick is nine feet long because you can't prove it isn't.

Incidentally I need a new window.
>>
>>738882583
Not all theists are religious. Also you didn't prove anything to the guy, you literally just insulted him, fucking kill yourself
>>
>>738881986
>I don't and never claimed to.
I get the point so we cant use the argument of our planet for either cause because we are unsure if there are more alike planets.

>Because exceptions occur? Why does there need to be a point?
They occur randomly and so conveniently that they seem suspect ?
>>
>>738882393
>You can't
What about the 200 000+ years of humans before the bible and quaran was ever written?
Those books are extremely new compared to some religions. The Sami people still worship the same earthly gods they did 20 000 years ago.
Shouldn't that make their religion the correct one? Since it's still active and older than both the others? What about the norse religion? Still practiced and outdates the other two by thousands of years.
The worship of the sun was practiced for even longer in big parts of the world.
Religion is a human concept and idea, there is zero evidence any kind of god exists.
Just thousands of dead and still active religions fighting to be the "right one"..
Meanwhile science digs deeper and unravels the universe and it's secrets.
>>
>>738882583
That doesnt mean you wont experience something else in the aftermath of death, your energy continues on in some form. You will be dead yes but who is to say thats it for this sort of form of consciousness? We are the universe experiencing itself, that experience wont end because an ego of it died
>>
>>738882600
>>738882600
Then what about ufo sightings? Water on planets? Come on, there's more here than just here. NASA even arguably said there are aliens out there. If there are extra-terrestrials then why can't there be a God?

All a simple coincidence? Doubt it.
>>
>>738882393
Absence of proof is not proof of absence, true

But it IS an absence of proof, none the less...and if you're trying to prove a positive assertion , you need proof, because things that are true/real tend to leave tell-tale evidence of their existence.

If your only defence for your argument is "I have no proof and neither do you" then you are arguing from a position of extreme ignorance...and the only sensible/rational argument is "not proven"
>>
>>738871780
>very unlikely
nobody counted how often the universe tried
>>
>>738882916
Atheists easily get cought up on religion, just ignore it. There are theists and deists that aren't religious and any of them could be correct in assuming that there is a good that made this come to be through observable natural means.
>>
>>738883068
umm aliens do not equal the existence of a god. maybe some smarter lifeform but not a god. Why did you think that was a good comparison?
>>
>>738882874
>They occur randomly and so conveniently that they seem suspect ?
What seems convenient about it? Why does it seem suspect to you?

When rain fills a hole in the ground, should the puddle be suspect about how the hole perfectly fits it?
>>
>>738883217
Because many people disproved th existence of aliens, but hey! they are making their way to slowly exist. Watch. the same will happen to God. Maybe Nasa won't literally prove his existence but there will be signs. Obvious signs.
>>
>>738882989
>energy
Fucking sick of retarded faggoyota using this "energy" as a place holder for "soul".

Energy is a clearly recognised, easily definable, and measurable, phenomenon....what "energy" are you referring to?
Heat?
>>
>>738877110
Niggers. Brace yourself, anon.
>>
>>738883350
You are placing your faith of a god and argument in the acts of men? What signs would you call obvious?
>>
You will always wake up from even the deepest dream.
>>
>>738883537
I'm simply comparing the existence of both aliens and God.

Both were debatable, many people denied their existence, slowly aliens are starting to actually appear thanks to advanced technology. Same will happen god, again not literally but some signs.

>what signs?
I don't really know, there are multiple verses of the Bible/Quran that give signs of God and judgement day again this is biblical but no one knows the signs but when they come we will know naturally
>>
>>738870885
Here's a few fun ideas that I think would be interesting:

A. When you die, you're reborn in the exact same life except you make one decision different. When you die in that one, you make a different decision different. Eventually, your life becomes vastly different from the original, sort of like a spiritual Ship of Theseus.

B. You transfer to another universe, potentially one that has much different "rules", such as dominant species changes or differences in the laws of physics.

C. You ascend to a higher plane, and when you die there, you ascend further.
>>
The fact that there is multiple religions with completely different ideas of what god and after death looks like tells me one thing. It's a human invention. I like blue, you like yellow, my preference is correct because blue is prettier so you are wrong. That's how religion work.
You pick/is thrown into it during some point in life, you stick hard to it and deny all other options because you chose "right". Meanwhile the other side is thinking the exact same thing.
It's in my mind completely ridiculous. Like watching children fight over who's toy is better..
>>
File: me gusta.jpg (5KB, 251x180px) Image search: [Google]
me gusta.jpg
5KB, 251x180px
idk anon. That's a tough question. What I understand from research is that your brain houses the pineal gland. The pineal gland itself holds liquid DMT which is also a "class 1 i think?" category drug and arguably the most potent hallucinogenic. You can research trip reports from people who have smoked DMT and they all have a couple re-occurring themes, no matter who makes the report. I also understand that when you die your pineal gland releases that liquid DMT into the rest of your brain. Some physicians/doctors/biologists argue there is brain activity shortly after you die anywhere from seconds to minutes. So I guess when you die, you trip massive balls and whatever you truly believe will happen down to your core will determine the outcome of your trip right before your brain stops functioning. so everybody's religion is correct? also idk if you have a souls or not. personally I like to think we do have a soul and it's going to be like that movie "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams in the context that i will have my own personal heaven or "void", if you will, in which i can become like god and create whatever i want including life...
>>
>>738876936
Oh shit I like that headcanon
>>
>>738883358
lol i clearly said when you die you are dead. chill i didnt say anything about a soul. Where do you think the matter in you came from? Stars, eons ago. Energy and matter will continue on back into the world because its part of it. I didnt say you come back as a soul in another body, I said this form of consciousness we experience will continue to exist and possibly in some form or another you in the sense of another ego somewhere will continue to experience it. My argument from the start has been that There is no such thing as an experience of nothing, therefore death isnt scary
>>
>>738883250
Why doesnt every planet have a ecosistem and their own life forms?
Why did we evolve and creteated civilizations and other animals didint?
What is the point of life forms?
Why does evolution promote certain qualities?
>>
>>738877711
How much data would be required to make that shit happen?
>>
>>738881896

nah man, its impossible to comprehend
>>
>>738883816
Aliens popped up quick dont you think? we have had a lot more time to prove god exists, why is he hiding from his creation if he truly cares? Also why is the bible just a mashup up of stories from older religions if its the truth? were they just taking stories to make them relate able to the people they were trying to convert? If so why didnt they just stick to the one truth of god if its so enlightening? Is it just that they wanted more followers to become more powerful to control more of the masses?
>>
If you live and die honorably you go to Valhalla.

Or maybe nothing
>>
>>738870885
nothing happens, there is nothing, it's nice and quiet and peaceful and completely devoid of any cunts whatsoever so I don't see why everyone is so anxious about going

citation: died when I was 7 and was dragged back kicking and screaming
>>
>>738884305

how did you die?
>>
>>738883998
>Why doesnt every planet have a ecosistem and their own life forms?
Because apparently not every planet developed that way. If there is an intelligence behind it, why are there so many planets that apparently do nothing?
>Why did we evolve and creteated civilizations and other animals didint?
Other animals did evolve. We created civilizations like how other animals got really fast or strong.
>What is the point of life forms?
What makes you think there's a point?
>Why does evolution promote certain qualities?
Evolution only "promotes" qualities in that qualities that help a species survive and reproduce in its environment will tend to be passed on.
>>
>>738884439
allergic reaction to anaesthetic during routine surgery
>>
>>738883998
>Why doesnt every planet have a ecosistem and their own life forms?
Because most planets are either too cold or too warm and lack a viable atmosphere. But several planets have been found in the perfect zone, we just don't have the technology to visit yet.
>Why did we evolve and creteated civilizations and other animals didint?
Evolution. Everything evolves differently from needs. Intelligence is nothing but a bi-product from bigger brains which was better for storing information when it comes to survival.
The reason other animals haven't is simple. They don't need it. Neither do we. But at some point a human living under the sky figured "huh a roof would be nice" and tadaa civilization.
>What is the point of life forms?
To breed and pass on it's genes.
>Why does evolution promote certain qualities?
Because it helped the life form to survive.
Bigger teeth helped the saber tooth to kill it's prey. Bigger brains helped us weak fragile humans overcome predators. Etc.
>>
>>738884180
He's hiding to test his creation into believing that he exists. Obviously a lot are failing. And the Bible isn't meant to be taken literally rather metaphorically. Same with Quran. Though Islam is the final Abrahamic Religion that should be followed because it continued after the "death" of Jesus. So those stories that you heard may have been corrupted.
>>
>>738870885
Dirty degenerate hippie here we are part of this consciousness that is everything in this reality so we are part of this mind called god death is just a part of achiving higher states of reality to become a godlike creature in a higher plane of existence.
>>
>>738884550

sheeeit, how long were you down for?

most vivid memory from the ordeal?
>>
>>738884550
you liar son of a bitch
>>
>>738884897
the bible also continues after the death of Jesus lol that doesnt mean anything at all. Why does an all powerful god have to test his creation if he already knows the outcome? Doesnt sound like a loving god does it? sounds like an extremely slow torture.
>>
>>738884910
about three minutes
absolutely no memory of it whatsoever, yknow, because there is nothing
>>
>>738885210
Many people experience NDEs though.
>>
>>738885210
what if you just dont remember? or your body didnt have time to return to the world yet
>>
>>738884897
>He's hiding to test his creation
You telling me he was "hiding" for over 200 000 years while homo sapiens walked on earth only to show him self 2000 something years ago to some people in the middle east?
Basically sending billions of people into hell without them ever having any way of knowing he existed?
Fuck me, I hope that cunt doesn't exist.
Would be like me hiding in the woods for 40 years then coming out and going on a killing spree because people don't know my name.
>>
>>738885264
because people's brains spew a load of random shit while near death, I can give you an NDE by electrically stimulating your brain lol

>>738885293
you fucking wot, I got brought back by a team of doctors following the "wat do when shit hits the fan" guidebook to the letter, because losing a 7 year old during routine surgery is probably pretty bad for your career prospects
>>
>>738870885
Everything here that you'll read in this thread is just conjecture. As to those who think that if there is a God, and the suffering we go through is His way of saying fuck you I don't care, failed to think their points clearly through. Let's take the Judeo/Christian God. If He's real and the Bible is real, then it's not that He doesn't care, it's just He's given this part of His creation over to the rebellious factions, and has said, "I love you guys enough to let you live in the hope that you choose Me" if we don't choose Him, he has no obligation to save us unless we want Him too. But Satan, has it in his mind to keep as many people away from God as he can. God has His kingdom, apart from His creation, and while He is omnipotent, He refuses to just destroy s like He could, instead He makes it to where we can join Him, if we want to
>>
>>738885514
ok? I didnt say the doctors should kill you, just that you dont really know
>>
>>738885204
And that's the point. Life is supposes to be shit. He knows the outcome in which he will give you a great reward hence heaven. Though you simply can't just go murder people and have a shitty life and expect the afterlife to be all-loving. Everyone has a shitty life but as long as they be nice to others, and follow the natural laws they should be able to find Heaven. Our struggle is here, then later we have a long peaceful rest.

Same with being a teenager, though I am one too, it's a struggle because of puberty, then once we fully transform to an adult it gets a lot easier

Also I'm sure the bible after the death of Jesus. He did "diee" and it did continue off but Islam finished it off.
following any of the 3 can bring you into heaven
>>
>>738885514
>because people's brains spew a load of random shit while near death
Yeah, random shit like angels telling them it's not their time yet.
>>
>>738885426
THIS. THIS SO MUCH THIS.
What kind of fucked up god would that be?
Complete and utter psychopathic thinking that.
"God works in mysterious ways" No it's just made up bullshit that doesn't make any sense to anyone with half a brain..
>>
>>738885697
>im sure the bible stopped*
>>
>>738884910

same thing happened to me after a bad car crash, internal bleeding & punctured lung, had enough and crawled away into some grass and closed my eyes on my side, felt all warm, comfy, at peace.

next thing i was on my back and there was a circle of people round me, someone was pouring water on my face, people were shouting. After this the pain got much worse

darkness, nothing at all.
>>
>>738884897
>He's hiding
He was hiding during 99% of human history?
Well damn. What an asshole.
>>
>>738884504

> there so many planets that apparently do nothing?
why doesnt our planet do the same (nothing)?

>Other animals did evolve. We created civilizations like how other animals got really fast or strong.
Why didnt other animals develop their comunication and their cognitive abilities and create something similar to our civilizations or at least early tribes in milions of years.

>What makes you think there's a point?
Why arent we just dust like on other planets that are near us ?

>Evolution only "promotes" qualities in that qualities that help a species survive and reproduce in its environment will tend to be passed on.
Yes but why?What does it hope to acomplish?Why is it there?

>>738884608

>Because most planets are either too cold or too warm and lack a viable atmosphere. But several planets have been found in the perfect zone, we just don't have the technology to visit yet.
We don't know what we will find.

>Evolution. Everything evolves differently from needs. Intelligence is nothing but a bi-product from bigger brains which was better for storing information when it comes to survival.The reason other animals haven't is simple. They don't need it. Neither do we. But at some point a human living under the sky figured "huh a roof would be nice" and tadaa civilization.
In milions and milions of years there hasnt been another animal to think the same. Why?
And is there evolution we could have stopped at plants?

>To breed and pass on it's genes.
Their existential point.The earth could have been just as nice with only dirt.

>Because it helped the life form to survive.
The existential point of evolution. Why does it strive for better survival?Who choose this path for evolution?
>>
>>738885824
You know that He is reading us at this moment ?
>>
>>738885697
hahahaha you just said puberty is harder than being an adult. You are naive. God created a shit world so that we can be tested for a reward that can be given at anytime because he is almighty? Sounds like an unjust god that revels in our misery. Its like telling someone you are torturing that if you tell them what they want to know they will set you free and give you a big mansion and tons of money, only to kill you when they get what they want. Except the torturer isnt real. Youre young youll get smarter
>>
>>738870885
Unknowable.
>>
>>738870885
No, there is not a 'god'.
If we were really 'alive' right now, we'd have to ask that question, but we aren't really.
This is not normal reality. This is fake. When we die, maybe we will enter the real reality, maybe we will cease to exist as we know ourselves, but it's not what religion thinks.
>>
If you are not born again you cease to be until judgement day. Then after a long tIme in hell you die forever and no longer exist. If you are saved you go to paradise when you die. And on judgement day you get a new body and don't ever have to die again.
>>
>>738886065
He is? Sure he isn't sitting in some closet hiding under a blanket somewhere? He seems to like doing that..
HEY GOD! FUCK YOU YA CUNT! EAT A DICK!.
>>
>>738885708
you'll see what you want to see, just like dipstick bible thumpers will belsteve what they want

everyone is more than welcome to go to hell their own way

I'll just be meeting an old friend
>>
File: 1387797830683.gif (117KB, 219x99px) Image search: [Google]
1387797830683.gif
117KB, 219x99px
>>738886252
>>
>>738886228
Go to the bible and tell me all the references to hell in it, then come back to me and tell me how the things you said are stupid. You are spewing nonsense you havent researched and its sad
>>
>>738871780
of course there is. hes the 1 of nearly 3000 gods that supposedly exist. hes also the one that allows children to get cancer :)
>>
>>738886024
>why doesnt our planet do the same (nothing)?
Because it did develop life.
>Why didnt other animals develop their comunication and their cognitive abilities and create something similar to our civilizations or at least early tribes in milions of years.
Because civilization etc. isn't a "goal" of life.
>Why arent we just dust like on other planets that are near us ?
Because we aren't on those other planets.
>Yes but why?
Because that's how evolution works.
>What does it hope to acomplish?
Nothing. Evolution isn't goal oriented, nor is it an entity that has hopes.
>Why is it there?
Because life exists.
>>
>>738886228
No you go to Valhalla and eat, drink and feast before going into battle and die every night until Yggdrasil shakes and the firegiant Surt walks the earth with his flaming sword.
I know this is the truth. My religion tells me so.
>>
>>738870885
Nothing and no.
>>
>>738886373
but hey when your 4 year old dies of cancer at least they are off to a happier place! you just gotta keep getting tested because you know faith is more important than your childs life
>>
If quantum theory exists. Then there is the universe in which Erwin schrodinger nor Einstein make it to adulthood to express his quantum theory which would be foundation for quantum mechanics that same universe, quantum mechanics never came to be; in that own universe

If there is hypothetically speaking, infinite universes then at least one of those universe doesn't have the idea of multiverse. This doesn't prove nor disprove that quantum mechanics is real. How would life be for that universe, maybe their minds are at ease; knowing you cease to exist.

TL:DR if quantum mechanics and theory is real then there is universe where neither of the ideas came to be because schrodinger and einstien died as kids or never were born.
>>
File: 1419012620552.jpg (1018KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1419012620552.jpg
1018KB, 1920x1080px
>>738886423
Seems nice actually
>>
>>738886111
Eh I can't really argue against that. We have our own interpretations of what happens after death. The way that I think makes sense to me. As long as it makes sense to you then you have the right to believe including if the outcome is blackness.
>>
>>738871780
In this incomprehensibly huge universe with billions of planets and solar systems, even though there's such a small chance of it happening anywhere, with a large enough universe, it's bound to happen somewhere. It's a small, slim chance of it happening, but our universe is so incomprehensibly huge that with millions of iterations, statistically, it WILL happen on its own.
>>
>>738886632
Its not blackness, there is no such thing as nothing, zero isnt a real number. Im just not convinced there is a god judging me other than myself
>>
File: 1497526946111-vert.jpg (244KB, 480x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1497526946111-vert.jpg
244KB, 480x1119px
Whenever I see Christian people talking about "him" hiding and "testing" people to explain the total lack of evidence that he exists I get a strong urge to play with matches during a busy Sunday mass...
>>
>>738880275
You sir need to stop with that shit right now. The Old Testament is just that old, kaput, no longer used. Stick with only the New Testament, it's the only Bible you need. And guess what? We can eat pig and lobster and shrimp, and wear mixed fabrics. God may have cared at a point, but He gave Jesus the right to judge what is right and wrong, and Jesus having been man decided that some laws could go for our sake.
>>
>>738886584
Total and utter retarded misinterpretation and misrepresentation of the 'many-worlds' theory.
Congratulations for being a fucking stereotypical retarded cunt who only dabbles in popular science
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.