[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global warming is a hoax. Grow up liberals.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 46

File: 1443679838001.jpg (144KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
1443679838001.jpg
144KB, 590x421px
Global warming is a hoax. Grow up liberals.
>>
It's not a hoax, it's just not manmade

One good volcanic eruption spews more shit into the atmosphere than all of humanity ever has
>>
>>738818364
>not knowing the difference between weather and climate
>trusting a cartoon over climate scientists
>being this fucking retarded

fucking kek
>>
>>738818835
>Climate scientists

From the same scientific community who will insist that niggers are equal to whites?
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>738818364

A hoax for what? What's the trick?
>>
>>738819193
Their tryin to take are guns!!!!
>>
File: 1500008569321.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500008569321.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>
>>738819193
One more way to levy taxes
>>
>>738819193
well
PM Margaret Thatcher used a very flimsy correlation between coal burning and an increase in average global temperature to break the Welsh coal minier unions and nationalize the coal mines
>>
File: 1499037601693.jpg (61KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499037601693.jpg
61KB, 960x960px
>>738818364
SAGE
>>
>>738818692
First comment is best comment.
Are you a physics teacher?
>>
ITT: Stupid Conservatives
>>
>>738818835
>you're dumb if you don't believe scientists are right because they are scientists
0/10 troll
>>
>>738818364
Fucking retard 1/10 for my reply

>>738818692
Wrong, fuckface
>>
>>738818692

Bruh, Volcanos ain't got shit on us:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

"Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value."
>>
>>738819819
>Fucking retard 1/10 for my reply
0.25/10
Almost believed you seriously thought OP was wrong
>>
CUCK CUCK UCK CUK CUCK UCK CUCK
>>
>>738818364
>Global warming is a hoax.
So, thousands of scientists are lying but all those politicians and business men aren't. You're a special kind of stupid now, aren't you.png
>>
>>738818993
>when you try to have a conversation with a trumptard and all he says is "cuck" and "nigger"
[spoiler]not an argument faggo[/spoiler]
>>
The Earth has 60-year trends. In the 60's through the 80's, scientists were convinced we were going to have an Ice Age again. We do not look at the fact that the Earth is Billions of years old, because we've only studied global weather correlation data for less than 100 years of our human existence.
>>
>>738818993
jesus christ, what a fucking moron
>>
File: 1491529245877.png (461KB, 618x626px) Image search: [Google]
1491529245877.png
461KB, 618x626px
>>738820019
>"OBAMA IS A REPTILIAN HIVEMIND GLOBALIST FORD EXPLORER"
>>
>>738819777
your dumb if you believe a cartoonist over a climate scientist when it comes to matters of climate

trips wasted on a fucking retard
>>
Bruh the Pentagon thinks different

https://www.cna.org/mab/reports

I'm no alarmist, but the shit we are doing, and have done, will cost us billions in taxpayer dollars, and that's just the DOD. That link is to the US Navy's top strategic think tank fyi.

Being influenced by ideologues you see on tv is a pleb tier move.
>>
File: 1499572228104.jpg (138KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499572228104.jpg
138KB, 1024x576px
>>738818364
>>
>>738818364
For fuck sake, global warming is real but the solution isn't in govt
>>
We have an Earth's Core, a Sun with flares, a Moon keeping our polarity in axis. Lots of unknown variables. These hypothesis of weather prediction wizards are simply that. Hypothesis are based on guessing the hypotheticals of what little science has figured out so far, that's all.
>>
>so what if climatologists through the '80s made up data to support the global warming narrative, that doesn't negate the fact that the made up data supports the global warming narrative
>>
Global warming is real, there is a lot evidence for that. However, the human's implication in this global warming is extremely exaggerated.
>>
Also

Nice bait, you got me good
>>
>>738820019
>scientists
You mean the people who's very livelihood depends on there being a problem to research? Climate scientists profit from studies that show global warming is dangerous and anthropogenic in nature. They need a false flag to get their grant money.
>>
Global warming is a trend that has already declined. The Earth will trend cold again, then hot again, etc etc etc.
>>
>>738820842
scientists who work for oil companies totally don't have this problem, huh?
>>
>>738820842
Fake news, they are peer reviewed and there are consequences. An example being the loss of your credentials when screwing results to show a certain bias. Such the case where vaccines cause autism. It's just parents unable to point the finger to anything choose to blame a tangible thing.
>>
The fucking satellite data showed no fucking warming until NASA 'revised' it. Its literally for money. Al Gore wants a trillion fucking dollars to fix it. I sure as fuck could find you data to fit whatever you want for a fuck tonne of cash.

Also no such thing as a climate scientist. At least not until they started handing out money. Whoever cherry picks the warmest dataset will get the biggest payday.

The satellite data was the most accurate and it showed nothing until nasa fixed it.
>>
>>738818993
this actually hurts your case
>>
>>738821338
Better to be silent than to go against the climate change dogma and take a hit to your credibility for no damn reason
>>
What we DO have to worry about is a comet so large that it throws our axis off balance. At the equator of the globe that is Earth, the water gravitationally is 544 feet higher than that of the north and south pole. Were we to destroy our Moon, or a comet or asteroid to throw our polarity off balance gravitationally, that oceanic water will even itself out coastally on all continents of Earth. Dig?
>>
>>738821375
The state didn't need idiots to think vaccines caused autism. However, liberal/progressivist government parties found a climate change scare to be very useful In their bid for power.

There will always be yes man in a world of cheap money
>>
stupid op global warming is a reality or you don't watch the news? a significant part of the south pole, has divided that means that the planet is hotter than ever and thanks to the polution and the huge hole the ozone layer in later decades we wil suffer a lot, ask you why the scientists are planning to go to mars or to look foward other similar planets similar to this one, the simple fact that human race deny this climate change and deny to reduce pollution, tells us that the planet itself is defending from us, even ocean creatures are dying in the coats every summer due to the missorientation of the oceans courses, op I hope some day you don't wake up and ask yourself why you don't have enough trees that could provide you oxygen or clean water, or food which is provided by the ground, yeah I hope you realize that the extinction of bees is serious shit as every other type of extinction that is happening with every living thing on earth
>>
>>738821735
But look who's thinking it hurts my case
>>
>>738820842
what the hell are you talking about the only time scientists actually get paid is when they're contracted for research when they patent and sell their research or when they are using applied science

please show me one big name company paying all of these scientists to do research about how their company is hurting the environment

and heads up that last statement was basically rhetorical seeing as the large companies that do that are hoping the payoff scientist to say that there is no climate change nor global warming
>>
coasts*
>>
>>738822035
You mean majority of the people who happen to read what you type and think you're a fucking retard?
>>
>>738821842
That is why the Earth's Polar-Shift is a huge topic of interest. It is valid, proven, and we don't know when or how that will happen. It is hypothesized to shift over the course of 100 years, but if anything happens to our moon during that transition, we are f'd. Same with our protective ionic sphere, as that fades woth shift, we are screwed with solar flares.
>>
>>738822035
the way you convince a person of something is through reason and logic if your immediate logic is to say whites and blacks are not the same then attempts to hurt your argument from then on out people will doubt everything you say because they see you as a type of person who believes the bible should be the only book read in schools
>>
>>738822130
I mean the type who thinks pointing out uncomfortable facts 'hurts my case'

What was the name of Al Gore's documentary again?
>>
>>738822229
Anyone who has ever been around niggers is well aware that they're subhuman
>>
>>738822095
>contracted for research
Mostly this one. It's called shilling. It's quite common. The only difference is these mouthpieces have degrees to back up their bullshit.

>one big name company
EPA

Any questions?
>>
>>738822259
>What was the name of Al Gore's documentary again?
"I over-invested in solar panel companies and now need to convince people to buy solar panels, but not wind generators."
>>
>>738819399
this is applicable to the US...how?
>>
>>738822497
This
>>
>>738818835
>trusting a cartoon over climate scientists

see global colling
see the trend of lower temps over the last 100 years before they had to fudge their data and change their sampling to get the result they wanted

its all bullshit when they have to fucking wit their methodology to get the results they would like instead of what they actually found
>>
>>738822010
>or you don't watch the news?
stopped reading there
>>
want to disprove man-made climate change here's a fun test

step 1 set up an enclosed room the reason we use an enclosed room is because it represents the Earth this experiment will be done on a smaller scale than the Earth and it will have quicker results because it is at a smaller scale

Step 2 once you have an enclosed room measure the temperature and be sure to note how hot the room is at the time

step 3 start a small fire in the room this fire should have the same effect as industrial fires around the world

step 4 allow some time to pass the passage of time is Key to proving man-made climate change doesn't exist

step 5 check the temperature oh shit the room just got hotter I guess humans can have an effect on climate seeing guys if you start a fire your surroundings get hotter and hotter well you tried at least

step 6 the experiment you just done by yourself is clearly fake news and should be ignored

The results - climate change does not exist
>>
Go back to pol. Hell, go to fucking x, your stupidity is spooky enough to fit right in.
>>
>>738822847
Yes. That is about all climate science adds upto. Not scientific at all.
>>
>>738822847
>>
Old conservatives lawmakers don't care because they'll be dead long before the full effects of global warming come into play. Enjoy South Florida while you can before it's all underwater.
>>
I alway imagine the poor bastards on the poles; working they ass off, freezing, collecting data, discuss on high level with different scientist of the whole world and here on this board or on comments of news or youtube people try tell you they unjderstand it more and better than the qualified and educted people. and now it seems global warming is a liberal thing..? and if you critisize trump/erdogan/putin you are also liberal; what a time to be alive.
btw if there is no global warming, why are the ice poles melting?
>>
File: obama-smug.png (253KB, 580x452px) Image search: [Google]
obama-smug.png
253KB, 580x452px
>>738822386
>anon gets bullied by niggers everyday
>vents his rage behind 4chins
>>
>>738820377
We can look back thousands of years by looking at samples of ice from Antarctica. I'm not certain about temperature but I know they get data on the atmosphere
>>
>>738822415
the EPA is a government agency and even under Trump's new head of EPA they still hold by the belief that humans cause global warming
>>
>>738821578
Source on this? Or are you going to be making shit up based on your belief.
>>
OP's picture is backwards
>>
>>738821969
I think irony is what your post consist of. More companies would prefer to dump and not be eco friendly as it would save them more money. In turn they would flood in more money so that politicians say to ignore global warming guys.
>>
>>738818364
>record cold
Gee I wonder why it's almost something is shifting the entire climate.

Global Warming doesn't mean everything is getting hotter.
>>
ITT: People ignore facts and don't know simple thermodynamics
>>
>>738818364
world 4.5 billion years old, been going hot and cold periods forever, man arrogant enough to think we fucked it all up in 1 century of industry
>>
File: 1498488016251.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498488016251.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
>global warming
>hoax

Just like 6 months ago it was 70-80 degrees on a typical afternoon. Now, it's like 90-110. Explain that!

In another 6 months, we'll all be dead. Thanks, Drumpf.
>>
>>738824896
elaborate

also English stupid
>>
>>738818993
You see I can tell you're just pretending to be retarded here, don't make it so obvious.
>>
>>738825095
it doesn't happen that fast we still have another 10 years b4 an Arkansas summer becomes a California winter
>>
>>738818692
its not the total volume of shit its the composition of the shit spewed. Global warming is a byproduct of increased levels of CO2 in the atmosphere very little of which is emitted during a volcanic eruption. Learn 2 science.
>>
>>738822386
Wow anon, good work creating a fantasy land where someone is worse than you :^)
>>
>>738818364
>Bait

97% of scientists acknowledge that the world is getting warmer. Ocean temperatures, a thing you can directly measure and track, are going up. If you are going to ignore this, you might as well ignore all of science, that thing that made the internet and your ability to shitpost this misinformation possible.
>>
File: 1491154955083.gif (19KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1491154955083.gif
19KB, 200x180px
>>738825290
>it doesn't happen that fast

It's already gone up 30 degrees since January. Let's see if you can keep denying it in another 6 months when a typical day is 140 degrees.
>>
>>738820377
Wrong

They can study then climate going thousands of years back from ice cores

Also yes, we should be in an ice age. Global warming has prevented it
>>
>>738825737
>97% of scientists
That claim was debunked years ago.
>Ocean temperatures
Nope.
>>
>>738819399
That's so evil, I love it.

But also doesn't disprove climate change. That's just a politician being a dick to the working class.... so status quo.
>>
>>738825750
Kek
>>
>>738825750
you have good intentions but terrible execution if it happened that fast a cuckservative wouldn't be arguing about it they would be saying Daddy Trump already fixed global warming
>>
i just really don't get people who deny it.

ok - let's say yes, you're right. it's all a hoax. what do we have to lose from being more enviro-friendly?

like, even if there's a 1% chance of it being real, wouldn't you say the stakes are too high not to take SOME kind of action towards it?

Like, if a doctor told me that if I keep eating red meat, I was going to have a lethal heart attack... Even if I thought for some reason the doctor was full of shit, I probably would significantly cut down on my red meat
>>
>>738818364

Oh look an oil company shill

Just like when the oil companies payed off a scientist to say lead in the air was safe to save money.

Global warming denialism is a scam

you are littiraly a shill

>>738818993
you need to be 18 or older to use this site
>>
>>738821578
Are you sure you have opposable thumbs to text that level of ignorance on here?? Or do you do it with yer oversized balls?? Y'all really need to understand how science works....and what scientific consensus means. Also, the world's climate scientists do not depend on NASA alone - they actually have other instruments and records.
>>
>>738825885
I wonder, genuinely out of facination, what goes through your head. You have this thing that tells you temprature, either filled with electric pixies or if you don't trust them filled with alcohol. It has numbers on it. You can walk outside and dip it in the water, and read the resulting number. Write it down. You then do this for 40 years and compare the numbers to the same date on previous years.

What is wrong with this? I mean how does this not work

You can also get a bunch of your friends to do the same. Repeat it. Science is repeatable. They notice the same, upward trend.

You still need more data because fuckwads don't want to believe you, so you get hundreds of automatic pixy-powered emperature monitors. You put them all over the planet, and record temperature. You plot those points and they show a sharp, increasing upward trend.

And people still don't believe you.

I mean seriously, what proof would you require to acknowledge that the temperature, on average, is going up.
>>
>>738818364
well

it's not a hoax, just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's wrong, good thing people like you are in the minority globally and what you think doesn't matter.

have fun yelling about how it's a hoax only to be ignored and have the world move ahead with it without you.
>>
>>738818692
we're emitting more CO2 than supervolcanoes. daily.
>>
>>738826520
Your 97% claim was debunked. Obama lied to you, the survey he was referencing did not survey what he intentionally falsely claimed it surveyed.

Ocean temperatures are well within their normal variation.

Deal with it.
>>
>>738822229
Nigger attempts to tout logic in an argument. Nigger then proceeds to write a barely coherent run-on sentence, thus destroying any credibility they had.
>>
>>738826627
A single "supervolcano" eruption can emit more CO2 than all of humanity combined for the past 200 years.
>>
>>738822095
You do know that most scientists work at Universities and are salaried workers?? You also know that Exxon Mobil and the Koch brothers both had their scientists conclude that climate change was real and that yes, their companies were hurting the environment?
>>
>>738826724
never got my information from obamma, I'm canadian and I get my information from more respectable sources.
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
There does seem to be scientific consensus on this issue though.
>>
>>738818364
The ozone layer is the only reason the greenhouse effect exists. CO2 accounts for 80-70% of all man made greenhouse gas, but makes up a fucking minuscule amount of total greenhouse gasses. Water vapor and ozone are the majority of the effect.

The amount of ice on earth hasn't dropped, its just switched from the arctic to the antarctic, hence why the water level hasn't risen enough to destroy coastal Europe like it was supposed to in 2008

The medieval warm period was warmer in the northern hemisphere, but slightly cooler in regards to overall global temperature according to the arctic ice system that we know doesn't work.

The whole "greenhouse gasses cause global warming" bollocks is just a ploy to prevent any industrially viable and technologically modern nation from having the same unbridled economic power that America had after WW2, which is clearly terrible for the globalist initiative to share technology and scientific study among the civilized world, and to prevent another economic cold war-like struggle.

That's why the Paris accord exists, anons, and thats why every nation but america has to operate under it.

And unlike most globalist plots, it isn't a bad thing for the advancement of human civilization, resource efficiency, and scientific and technological advancement.
>>
File: read a book nigger.jpg (66KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigger.jpg
66KB, 566x480px
>>738826831
no it can't
>>
>>738826520
If a climatologist dipped a thermometer in water for 40 years and claimed global warming, I wouldn't believe him either. Do you not know how they obtain their data? Please do a little research before posting a reply about a scientific process you claim to support.
>>
>>738818692
Erupting Volcanoes actually have a net cooling effect as their ash reflects the light of the sun.
>>
>>738826831
Good thing super volcanoes only erupt every 250k years
>>
File: obamma.png (332KB, 442x569px) Image search: [Google]
obamma.png
332KB, 442x569px
>>738826957
>>
>>738826627
If this were true everything everywhere would be dead like yesterday
>>
File: 1499318661424.png (286KB, 460x482px) Image search: [Google]
1499318661424.png
286KB, 460x482px
>>738826798
this is 4chan if your sentence has punctuation you're doing it wrong

summer fag
>>
>>738823030
If you are stupid enough to not realize some anon just gave you instructions to an hero, I suggest you should first carry out said experiment
>>
>>738820019
you're so stupid.
>>
>>738819819
Well thought out, guess you're right
>>
>>738826957
The idea of "scientific consensus" is scary. Science is about theories and evidence, not group hugs and faith.
>>
>>738826973
>has to operate under it
Have you actually read what the Paris Accord is? It is an agreement. There is no mechanism to force a nation to stay within a certain target range of emissions. Which is why actually agreeing to it is total bullshit. China entered it with a clause, stating that they could not reduce emissions at this time, and to compensate for the forthcoming limit on greenhouse gas emission, will put even more CO2 into the air for over a decade.
>>
>>738825052
If you take your head out of that bible, you would realize that for 4.5 billion years we did not have 8 billion humans mucking up the earth. And yes, for 4.5 billion years we did not have any industrialization at all... only for the last 120 years or so. So, damn right most of us realize that we fucked it up within the last century. The arrogance only comes in when we think that humans can also fix this problem despite folks like you.
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (765KB, 1350x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
765KB, 1350x1350px
There has been no meaningful warming outside of natural processes. Sea levels are stable (rising at the same rate as the last 300 years) and temperature is recovering from the "little ice age" slightly faster than would be expected -- likely due to human action, though CO2 would be a small part of that. Terraforming is the major factor.

The chances of catastrophic warming resulting in sea level rise and desertification on a large scale in the next 100 years are less than 2%, and that risk assessment is entirely solar.

Climate IS shifting, and we are seeing regional heating and cooling in different places. The spread of invasive insect species due to mild winters is a danger in some regions of the northern hemisphere.

Business as usual. Things change, it's exciting.

Global Warming as a narrative and an idea is entirely pseudo-science. Raw data is contra-indicative. Only by massaging raw data with theoretical assumptions can you make the warming seem real. This is reverse scientific method. Backwards logic.

Climate scientists on the money train mostly create data out of whole cloth. Look at any single small set of random data points that have been monitored consistently for 40 years, and you get nothing but noise. All self-respecting climatologists know this, few will risk saying it. It's politically incorrect.

This is almost mundane at this point. I've never met any climatologist who believed in AGW who wasn't buried up to their eyeballs in meta-data and coefficients and models. Most haven't taken a single set of measurements in their lives.

Ho hum. I give it another five years before the truth comes out. I don't expect much fallout. Most people will just move on to the next fake emergency.
>>
>>738826724
I dont know what planet you come from, but I do not require a politician to tell me how science works. Or what it says. I believe the reality that an iceberg the size of Delaware just split off Antarctica. I believe the reality that the Great Barrier Reef has had the worst ever bleaching indicating the coral is dying off - and not because ocean temperatures are within their normal variation.
>>
>>738818692
Nigga, we've done in 100 years what the Permian did in 50000. We shit on supervolcanoes
>>
>>738828638
weather changes

100 years ago a city had a 116 degree record they set a new record as 118 this year

lul
>>
File: icetrend.png (131KB, 1260x1390px) Image search: [Google]
icetrend.png
131KB, 1260x1390px
>>738826973
>The ozone layer is the only reason the greenhouse effect exists.
I don't even know where to begin with this amount of wrongness.

>CO2 [] makes up a fucking minuscule amount of total greenhouse gasses. Water vapour and ozone are the majority of the effect.
I don't know where you got that from: ozone's not a particularly significant GHG.
As for water vapour, while it does have large effects the atmospheric concentration is held in very tight equilibrium. This means it only severs as a feedback on the scales we care about: adding more water would only create rain, not an increase in temperature.

>The amount of ice on earth hasn't dropped
Yes it has. The Antarctic trend is only weakly increasing, and both Greenland and the Arctic are losing ice at a spectacular rate.

>The medieval warm period was warmer in the northern hemisphere
Only in a handful of places. It was a local event.
>>
>>738828499
Lol, alright Alex. The adults will take it from here.
>>
>>738818692
Volcanic eruptions cool the planet actually.....
>>
>>738827215
Um, we have these things called plants and trees. They "fix" some of the CO2 emissions that humans tend to put out. So, doesnt mean the anon's statement was false.
>>
>>738818364
So what's the big scam. If it is this would be the largest conpiracy in the history of the scientific community. What do the proponents have to gain from their research being true
>>
>>738827634
A scientific theory is based on scientific consensus. Gravity, evolution...yeah all those scientific theories --- scientists studied and compared the evidence, went out and got more evidence and eventually got together and did a group hug and said "ta da....this is a theory now cuz we all agreed the evidence is overwhelming"
>>
File: pictureswap.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pictureswap.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>738824039
I think it is dafe to say that the 1000 years old ice had a temperature lower than 32'f 1000 years ago.
>>
>>738828924
Read a paper or a book maroon! And grow up a little before you argue with your elders. If you do not know the difference between weather and climate, you havent passed 4th grade yet.
>>
ITT: Stupid Republicans
>>
>>738828924
Weather changes as function of the overall changing of the climate...
>>
>>738818993
social scientists don't equal climate scientists
>>
>All these retards on both sides

Global warming is real and it is man made, but it's at a negligible rate of only 1 degree change since the industrial revolution.

"Green" power sources and the infrastructure to support them are not as environmentally friendly as you think, and they cannot sustain a large power grid by themselves.

Coal is an outdated energy source, but not because of green energy. Fracking is better in virtually every way but is continuously suppressed with regulation and taxes so that it looks less appealing to green energy which gets enormous government subsidizations.

Nuclear energy is statistically the safest form of energy on a per-megawatt basis, as well as the most effective.

Read a book niggers.
>>
>>738829316
Scientific theories are theories. The ones that get widely accepted are widely accepted because they work, and no other reason. They don't have to like each other, or get together, sing kumbaya. Science is a competition, not a "consensus". This group hug and mandatory forced conformity and comparing dissenters to Nazis is anti-science.
>>
>>738828638
The example you chose is hilariously ironic.

Just the other day, NPR, which jumps on every liberal bandwagon it sees and is an avid supporter of climate scientist, did an interview of the lead scientist studying the calving of the Larsen Ice Shelf. And you know what she said? She stated clearly and repeated that the Delaware-sized iceberg was NOT caused by global warming.
>>
> climate change not scientist
>>
>>738832257
But she also mentioned that if the ice on land that it was holding back goes into the water, the water levels rise. Quit being a scientific fact hating faggot.
>>
>>738830408
>Nuclear energy is statistically the safest form of energy on a per-megawatt basis, as well as the most effective.
My nigga.
>>
>>738829551
This thread is proof of why rural people shouldn't be permitted to vote.
>>
>>738831798
I think you have a wrong understanding of what a scientific theory is. In science, a theory is something that has overwhelming evidence proving it correct and no evidence disproving it. That is why it is widely accepted. And that wide acceptance means there is consensus. Science works on consensus not competition - there is no mandatory forced conformity because the onus on disproving a theory is on any individual scientist who can do so. Science is based on objective, measurable evidence and therefore the idea of dissent does not exist as it does in jurisprudence.
>>
>>738831798
In the science terms a theory is an explanation made of fact and is proven trough scientific method. It doesn't mean what theory means in our common terms. Scientific theory is not the same as regular theory.

Not arguing against you though, I just thought the terminology should be correct.
>>
>>738832552
All Hicks should move to Africa to be with their similarly intelligent brethren.
>>
>>738832500
Only downside is nuclear is scary to everyone who thinks meltdowns are daily events. I think last one happened in the 80s or something like that. I'm not counting the Fukushima one cause n earthquake, tsunami, and a bunch of chinks running it did that one in.
>>
>>738820019
This
>>
>>738833657
Well I personally don't think it's fair to exclude Fukushima purely because it was a natural disaster that caused it to have leakage, because a power sources ability to withstand disasters and mitigate pollution in worst case scenarios are valid things to factor in.

But >>738830408 already has made the point that regardless of a few cases of meltdown/leakage in Nuclear Power, it is still significantly safer than other forms of energy.
>>
>>738818364
OP here, i was just trolling xD get rekt and baited shills
>>
Go back to pol faggot
>>
>>738832552
Limp-wrists libfags are just as irresponsibly ignorant on the subject as well. Different sides of the same coin.

Anyone who doesn't support furthering nuclear power doesn't know jack shit about the subject.
>>
>>738818692
>It's not a hoax, it's just not manmade
This
>>
>>738818692
Stop spreading this nonsense, it has never been even close to true
>>
>>738833657
Uneducated people shouldn't be taken seriously when discussing things as important as our energy sources.
>>
File: anykey.png (311KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
anykey.png
311KB, 900x702px
>Tree huggers are so worried about the environment that they're willing to sacrifice valuable infrastructure and economic stability to do so

>Meanwhile China and India put out more pollutants than the rest of the developed world combined at a rate we could never hope to achieve and no one cares
>>
>>738834300
>valuable infrastructure
Not so valuable if it's obsolete.
>economic stability
Maybe for the blue collar nobodies.
>>
>>738834444
First to check
>>
File: 1496831731589.jpg (41KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1496831731589.jpg
41KB, 600x661px
>>738834444
oshit
>>
File: 1499993298784.jpg (46KB, 540x686px) Image search: [Google]
1499993298784.jpg
46KB, 540x686px
>>738834444
Obsolete compared to what

Go ahead and say it so I can rip you a new fucking ass hole faggot
>>
File: 1444689594816.png (55KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
1444689594816.png
55KB, 250x185px
>>738834444
>>
>>738830408
>but it's at a negligible rate of only 1 degree change since the industrial revolution.
There's a long lead time between emissions and increasing temperatures, and most of our emissions throughout the last century have happened in the last few decades. The rate of warming will and is climbing.

>"Green" power sources and the infrastructure to support them are not as environmentally friendly as you think
They're pretty good, and beat fossil fuel sources by miles.

>and they cannot sustain a large power grid by themselves.
That's... a bit more complex, and depends on what else happens. In any case, a gas-rewnable-storage grid would be a lot better than what we have now.

>>738831798
Consensus is a means for non-scientists to gauge the validity of scientific ideas. Obviously scientists working in a field can focus on the evidence and not what their peers think, but that's a lot less helpful for everyone else.

>>738834300
>Meanwhile China and India put out more pollutants than the rest of the developed world combined at a rate we could never hope to achieve and no one cares
Per-capita, China and India are still miles behind the western world. Plus, if you talk about cumulative emissions (which is a proxy for how much total damage you've done) they can't compete either.
Regardless, not helping to fix something just because you're not the only souce of the problem is irresponsible.
>>
>>738834490
>>738834505
>>738834559
Calm down it's just quads
>>738834525
Nuclear energy makes all other forms of energy obsolete.
>>
File: 1445914364107.gif (993KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445914364107.gif
993KB, 200x200px
>>738834617
>Nuclear energy makes all other forms of energy obsolete.

Okay I thought you were going to be another retard pushing green energy. But yeah nuclear is awesome, but it's good to diversify your energy sources with things such as fracking which are still very cheap and efficient compared to nuclear.
>>
>>738818364
>Texas
>record cold
BULLSHIT WE HAD THE WARMEST WINTER AND SHORTEST WINTER EVER
>>
>>738819406
>"SAGE"
>Posts an image
>Only the newest of newfags don't know that posting a pic negates the sage.
>>
>>738834767
Doesn't fracking contribute to earthquakes and poisoned water?
>>
>>738834591
>Per-capita, China and India are still miles behind the western world

Nigga what. Not even 2 years ago China got caught not reporting 600 million tons worth of coal burning on their environmental reports, That alone is worth about 70% of the United States annual consumption of coal.
>>
>>738835137
It would seem that way if you just scratched the surface, but as with most things it's a lot more complex than that.

>Fracking exists for decades without problem
>Suddenly EPA steps in saying that their waste water is "potentially" carcinogenic.
>This was justified because there were trace amounts (less than 0.1%) of what could potentially be cancer causing chemicals as a result of water reacting with minerals deep in the earths crust
>EPA then required that fracking companies dispose of their water in an incredibly expensive and convoluted way
>Or they had to leave the waste water used for fracking inside the holes they create so they don't "pollute" our waterways and environment
>Suddenly earthquake rates sky rocket in fracking areas that start using this practice
>EPA takes no fault and blames it on fracking industries

God I hate the fucking EPA
>>
Look at the last true ice (the quaternary ice age - ended about 40,000 years ago). Huge parts of Britain were under massive ice sheets. All that ice melted on its own with no human intervention. An example of global warming at its finest, and completely natural.
>>
>>738835476
How does leaving water in the holes create earthquakes?
>>
>>738835578
I'm not a geologist but the most basic explanation I can give is that the water left in the holes seeps into cracks of the bedrock and various other solid structures of the crust, and when small seismic shifts happen it seeps further and further into the cracks of these huge rock formations under the earth which causes them to become unstable because liquid of course will constantly be pushed up and down these cracks anytime movement occurs, amplifying their effect.

Their technically not true earthquakes because it's not the tectonic plates directly causing it, they're just the catalyst in the pseudo-earthquakes they cause.
>>
>>738820682
Yeah, it's definitely in an unregulated private sector
>>
Who cares? By the time this shit starts to get serious, I will be dead. And it's not like I will ever have sex, so I don't have to worry about any kids growing up in such a world.

Back to spraying entire cans of hairspray into the air.
>>
>>738836309
Yeah, cause then there could actually be competition in the energy market to find the most effective energy sources instead of the government endorsed monopolies perpetuated through selective regulation and subsidization's.
>>
>>738836471
The most effective energy source is nuclear, end of discussion. Government should nationalize our energy industries and put the profits towards modernizing old power plants and building new ones, then pass the savings on to the consumers.
>>
File: spraying-poison-air-18081935.jpg (79KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
spraying-poison-air-18081935.jpg
79KB, 1300x957px
fuck the atmosphere, stupid invisible shit
>>
>>738822847
You know if you actually tried this it would kill you.
if you don't believe me, actually try lighting a fire in an enclosed room. just make sure you can get out or something or whatever.
>>
Who gives a shit about global warming
If its as bad as they say it is it's to late to change
Fuck it
>>
>>738818364

Daily reminder people as stupid as this cartoonist exist.
>>
File: 1451506903451.jpg (81KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1451506903451.jpg
81KB, 352x315px
>>738836596
And in a perfect world that's exactly what government would do, the responsible thing.

But this is not a perfect world. People who entrust the government to use their power to regulate the market place in an intelligent and productive way are naive.
>>
>>738822667
> they had to fudge their data and change their sampling to get the result they wanted
>its all bullshit when they have to fucking wit their methodology to get the results they would like

And what exactly are you proposing they wanted out of the results they "liked" from "fudging" the climate sampling data? To what end was fucking with proper climate record methodology beneficial to 97 percent of scientists who are more intelligent and thorough than you or I will ever be? Not even being a dick I'm curious
>>
>>738822229
look up some IQ research buddy
>>
>>738823741
To most of these armchair conservative identity politics experts, the fact that endeavors like that undertaken by gritty, intelligent, science-driven people constitute hard, honest, beneficial labor will forever be lost on them.
Mostly because many of them have never held down a "real" hardworking job in some coal mine or construction site like they fantasize about in their entire bitter lives.
>>
>>738836950
Not that anon, but the answer seems obvious.
Job security.
>>
>>738836784
Exactly. And so are people who expect complete privatization of every service and utility known to make a buck for "totally free market" profit machines.
>>
>>738818364
Tell that to John Snow.
>>
>>738837727
Companies can't hold people at gunpoint and force someone to pay for a service. Government can.

A very important difference you're missing out on.
>>
>>738818835
>this
>>
The world is only 6000 years old.

Grow up libcuck.
>>
>>738837814
That's a gross oversimplification of government utilities.
>>
>>738838038
You can play mental gymnastics all day if you want to. Doesn't make it any less correct.
>>
You are not celebrating the undead fictional hippie child of a virgin with ritualized blood drinking and ritualized cannibalism as communion.

Grow up libcuck.
>>
>>738837814
Aye. Being this dumb.
>>
>>738820637
The Pentagon likes to push doomsday scenarios so they can justify their massive budget. If they can say the world is going to burn they'll get more cash.
>>
File: 1484008928026.jpg (541KB, 1015x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1484008928026.jpg
541KB, 1015x1004px
>>738838245
Not an argument
>>
>>738819257
Chemtrails!!!
>>
>>738837814
> Government can.
Try not to get your Bolsheviks in a bunch. When has gunpoint healthcare or water utilities been a thing in the U.S? It hasn't, and never will be. But to whatever extent they can force you to buy a product, to an equal extent so can:

Comcast

AT&T in a given town

Verizon in another

Private energy companies

Monsanto

Koch Industries

Walmart in almost any rural southern area

Dow chemical company

Qualcomm

Unless of course you also refuse to be forced to buy groceries, anything with plastic, GMOs, or mobile processors that actually work. You aren't really given a fair choice to live in modern society any other way.
>>
File: bait1456407509591.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bait1456407509591.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>738818364
>>
>>738838356
>When has gunpoint healthcare or water utilities been a thing in the U.S?

Idk where you're from but we have taxes here.
>>
>>738819894
Volcanoes should drive hybrids.
>>
>>738838402
You know what I meant
>>
>>738820842
Nope.
>>
>>738838402
No one with a gun has ever come to collect taxes from anyone in the US. Ever. Temper your hyperbole, Nugent. If you don't want to pay your part for interstate commerce, military and a few social services move to Somalia or Sudan where you can have all the freedom from government you want.
>>
>>738827218
They are too busy beating their almost pregnant girlfriends to beat anybody in an argument.
>>
File: DD0-4RZWAAAaTtL.jpg (288KB, 1200x1039px) Image search: [Google]
DD0-4RZWAAAaTtL.jpg
288KB, 1200x1039px
I've never heard of anyone complaining about nice weather.
>>
>>738820482
Someone should take this image and make it in to one of those wolves howling at the moon shirts.

I'd wear it.
>>
>>738838545
Obviously I don't because that's what taxes are. You don't pay your extortion, you get kidnapped and thrown in a cage. If you resist your kidnapping, you're either assaulted into submission or murdered.

All the companies you listed cannot do what I just mentioned above. Can a company price jack if they are the only provider in an area? Of course, but given the mountains of regulations and red-tape in the marketplace, this only serves to encourage a marketplace without competition because of the incredibly high government enforced paywall you have to overcome to participate. Government enforced monopolies, corporatism at it's finest.

>>738838682
>Classic Somalia meme

No one here is arguing that military and the most fundamental forms of infrastructure aren't necessary to a sovereign state, obviously these things need to exist to protect and maintain the liberty of a countries citizens. These are proper functions of government, meddling with marketplaces is not.
>>
>>738820682
You're right. The governments of the world are puppet controlled by transnational conglomerates and banks. The people at the helm of these organizations are delusional twisted human beings with an unquenchable thirst for money and power. To them we are are commodities to be exploited.

The solution is NOT government. It is recognizing that these people think that this world is theirs. It is recognizing that that only united can we take back the world for our children.

But by all means, all of you, keep arguing amongst yourselves. Why lose sleep? Why think for yourselves?

There's always channels to change right?
>>
>>738838883
No.
C'mon man. You are exaggerating like a grade-A motherfucker. Taxes are shit in this country, but if you feel the need to satisfy all your points with "uhm hello that's what taxes are, death threats n' extortion"–like the rest of us don't understand we're being legally bound to give up a portion of our earnings to make basic first-world necessities we use everyday to survive keep coming–then I don't know what else to tell you.

>Government enforced monopolies, corporatism at it's finest

Yes. Brought to you by lobbyist crooks finger-puppeting said government! Thanks.
>>
Why the fuck is this thread still up?
>>
>>738840032
>It is recognizing that that only united can we take back the world for our children.
I wonder if maybe theres some sort of existing organization that we can use to take back the world from the wealth. Maybe some system where we elect representatives and pay money to govern things? What would such a thing be called even?
>>
>>738825095
I want to lick Usagi's legs
>>
>>738818692
there are huge (acres in area) tire fires in Russia that burn all day and night I really think you should try reading a book
>>
>>738840128
>we're being legally bound to give up a portion of our earnings to make basic first-world necessities we use everyday to survive

I know it must be comforting to believe that, instead of facing the brutal truth that the government uses most of that money to fund inefficient government programs littered with corruption form both internal and external sources to push political agendas that are often not based in the realm of reason.

All the fundamental departments of government necessary could be paid for by a small fraction of our existing budget. The majority of your "first world necessities" are provided by the private sector, or at least used to be before the government violently seized that role for themselves in some cases.
>>
>>738818364
Its funny how i literally forgot about how california and east coast actually exist in the us since all you see on 4chan is hilbilly boys and texan rednecks.

Thanks for reminding me, although that cartoon is literally proof of how the author did not understand what global warming is.
>>
>>738840491
I like how this thread is filled with posts like this that act intellectually condescending about a clearly oversimplified and retarded picture without actually acknowledging and engaging with the discussion in the thread because they know deep down they can't participate in it without looking retarded.
>>
File: What do you mean.jpg (64KB, 648x390px) Image search: [Google]
What do you mean.jpg
64KB, 648x390px
>>738829060
are you stupid or just a troll?
>>
File: disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>738818364
>I believe that politicians and businessmen are better sources for scientific data than scientists
>>
>>738818364
>thinks global warming means everythings getting warmer ...
>>
File: 17934__MG_2902.jpg (132KB, 834x556px) Image search: [Google]
17934__MG_2902.jpg
132KB, 834x556px
>>738840491
You must be new to bait as what you display is poor bait
>>
>>738818692
Just because nature is capable of destroying itself does not mean that humans have not contributed to climate change. That's like saying "let's do heroin because you could just die any moment anyways".
>>
>>738818692
>its a hoax
>its happening but it isn't manmade
>its manmade but still need fossil fuels
>fossil fuels are the problem, but it is too late now

You know, even the energy companies know that global warming is manmade, and they played a roll in it.

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position

"The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks."
>>
>>738840601
>clearly retarded picture

nothing to add here.
>>
>>738840815
Not him but volcanic ash blocks the Suns energy from reaching the surface. For example if Yellowstone erupted (or rather, WHEN Yeoolowstone erupts) the ash would circulate in the atmosphere for years, causing a cooling trend.
>>
>>738841193
Point proven
>>
>>738835476
>using lead paint exists for years without problem
>trepanation exists for years without problem
Please do not use the fallacy of tradition here
>>
>>738841206
When it causes a nuclear like winter yes but they still put out c02 in one of the first ice ages cyanobacteria put out so much oxygen that it froze the earth over killing most life until mass eruptions from volcano's warmed the earth again.
>>
>>738841688
>fallacy of tradition
*Appeal to tradition
>>
>>738818364
>Record Setting weather patterns
>Global Warming is a Hoax
Pick one
>>
>>738841688
But those did have problems????

Such a false equivalency dude
>>
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's a hoax.

>Calling it global warming is the first sign you haven't looked into it since the 90s.
>>
>>738841924
>Environmentalists have to keep moving goalposts to keep their meme alive

O I am havin a laff
>>
>>738841924
Yes, because before the 90s, scientists were sure we were entering a new ice age.
Google magazines and articles from that period.

The planet enters periods of warming and cooling. There is MINIMAL evidence to suggest our carbon output is skewing that cycle.

Unfortunately, the Paris Accords turned many scientists into irresponsible liberal-esque lapdogs that bark whatever they need to about global warming in order to get trust and grant money.
>>
What if I told you that even if it was a hoax it's not the issue with the economy.

>It's that there is no limit to wealth for individuals.
>If you want to make america great again, give back the money the rich cheated out of everyone.
>>
>>738821578
>satellite data
the fucking what?
The temperature record comes from ice-cores , pollen-count spikes in peat-bogs , Rings of trees [alive and fossilised].
Look up : "the year without a summer" - the temperature history of that is the thicknesses of tree-rings.
Ice-cores from hundreds of thousands of years back show varying CO2 levels - and correlate with ice-ages and warm periods.
"In the age of free information, ignorance is choice" - that you seem to have made.
>>
>>738842086
>If you want to make america great again, give back the money the rich cheated out of everyone
And they'll do what with it?

This is the faulty logic with Occupy Wallstreet, Communists/Socialists and first-year economics liberals in general (see: Bernie Sanders voting base).

You assume if the wealth of the rich is distributed amongst the poor, it'll get used properly.

What if it isn't? What then. Answer that, please.
>>
>>738823422
>Old conservatives lawmakers don't care
they do say the "old white men" are the least-likely to act on climate-change ; because they are the most invested in the status-quo.
>>
>>738842132
But there isn't a temperature record.
This isn't the warmest year, globally, in history.
It's warm, but not the warmest we've ever had.

Up until 2015, NASA data indicated global warming was moving towards a small progression. I.e. in-line with the natural cycles we've observed for the past ~60 years since starting to seriously study global vclimatology.

Then it changed. Radically. In 2017.
That reeks of agenda, /b/reh. Not science. Science is a long, steady progression of observation and data collection.
>>
>>738823422
If all the ice in the world melted, the sea level would only rise ~260 feet.
That's it.

Stop being a hyperbolic fear-mongering liberal like you and the rest of your hillary cunt-sucking constituency.
>>
>>738841974
What about the fact that almost every city in the world has been breaking the highest temperature records every couple years?

Or the god damn state that just broke off of Antarctica?

Sea rise, and so much more.

I know you are just some 13 year old giggling at the fact you wasted someones time.

But really, if you are this fucking stupid to deny something that is obvious you should just go outside once in a while. Maybe after you experience he changing climate you might start realizing that being smart means listen to those who know more than you.
>>
File: 280586.jpg (37KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
280586.jpg
37KB, 225x350px
>>738842369
1 degree median increase since the industrial revolution

Data > Anecdotes

Sorry you got btfo dude
>>
File: aral sea.jpg (41KB, 525x467px) Image search: [Google]
aral sea.jpg
41KB, 525x467px
A "Record Cold" is a sign of global warming, fucking dipshits.
>>
>>738842369
>What about the fact that almost every city in the world has been breaking the highest temperature records every couple years?
Evidence.

>Or the god damn state that just broke off of Antarctica?
Evidence.

>Sea rise, and so much more.
The planet enters normal periods of warming and cooling spanning many thousands of years. Yet somehow life persists.

>I know you are just some 13 year old giggling at the fact you wasted someones time.
Projecting.

>But really, if you are this fucking stupid to deny something that is obvious you should just go outside once in a while.
Makes no sense. It's been an overcast weather cycle here for 3 weeks.

>Maybe after you experience he changing climate you might start realizing that being smart means listen to those who know more than you.
As stated above, climate change is a process occurring over thousands of years. You believing you can experiencing it first hand is:
A. Arrogance on a level that is staggering and embarrassing on your part
B. You needing something "grand" or substantial to fill the void in your rote life, like ANTIFA LARPers
>>
>>738842454
Evidence?
>>
>>738842027
>Yes, because before the 90s, scientists were sure we were entering a new ice age.
They weren’t. There's no point in time when that majority of scientists believe that we were headed for global cooling.
https://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/131047.pdf

>Google magazines and articles from that period.
Magazines aren't normally written by climatologists.

>The planet enters periods of warming and cooling.
Those periods take hundreds of thousands of years to come and go. This clearly isn't the same thing.

>There is MINIMAL evidence to suggest our carbon output is skewing that cycle.
I don't really know what to say, other than that's complete bullshit.
Between measurements of surface temperatures, outgoing IR, and carbon isotope balance it's widely agreed by climatologists that:
A) The world is warming (because wee can measure it)
B) That CO2 is driving the greenhouse effect to cause it (because of the reduction of outgoing IR)
C) That it's our fault (because the isotope balance of the new CO2 is only consistent with fissile fuels)

>Unfortunately, the Paris Accords turned many scientists into irresponsible liberal-esque lapdogs that bark whatever they need to about global warming in order to get trust and grant money.
That's only an easy thing to say if you don't believe claims of massive global conspiracy need any evidence to support them.
>>
>>738842477
Yes
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-global-warming-harsher-winter/
>>
>>738821969
The state is conservative and the state is funneling more money than ever towards natural gas and petroleum..
Pretty sure the state is the one feeding you that rhetoric too
>>
>>738842177
They would spend it, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, increasing the amount people could spend, which would increase sales, leading to higher profits, allowing for higher wages, and it would slowly trickle down to the lazy rich fucks who do the least amount of work.
>>
>>738838303
Why can't you apply this same kind of skepticism towards the anti climate change studies you've read that were funded by the petrol and coal industries?
>>
>>738827105
>Volcanoes actually have a net cooling effect as their ash reflects the light of the sun
yes : the year 1816. "the year without a summer"
>>
>>738836766
>people exist as stupid as this cartoonist.
FTFY
>>
why is certain destruction always 10 years away? if you climate change asshats were smart about it, you'd promote environmentalism instead of playing chicken little and alienating a large part of your potential audience.
>>
File: kekbait.jpg (37KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
kekbait.jpg
37KB, 720x540px
>>
>>738842519
>Magazines aren't normally written by climatologists.
And yet, the same sources of information you and your liberal ilk draw distilled information from.

Fucks sake, you boys believe Russia hacked "the USA" and controlled the 2016 election. You're gonna tell me I should take your constituency seriously after that?

>I don't really know what to say, other than that's complete bullshit.
Everyone you post below is this is personal belief, parroting what you've heard from Bill Nye and Captain Planet.

Carbon dioxide does not have the highest energy envelope for thermal input. This capacity *generally* correlates to atomic mass, with exceptions. That particular award goes to a whole slew of denser gases which comprise the conglomerate of common "air" that we breathe. Argon, for example, can retain multiplicatively-higher amounts of thermal input.

So why are you demonizing carbon?

>That's only an easy thing to say if you don't believe claims of massive global conspiracy need any evidence to support them.
When did it become jive to just go with the flow? When I was a liberal, we didn't trust the government or the media. We were skeptical.

Now liberals believe FUCKING EVERYTHING the government and media tell them. When did that change?

>Those periods take hundreds of thousands of years to come and go. This clearly isn't the same thing.
Except it is. Your precious Al Gore said the polar caps would be gone in 2008, then 2012. They're still here.
We're not warming up to the extreme that doomsayers want you to believe. We're warming up, yes.
>>
>>738842477
Tha tarticle doesn't actually say that global warming caused a harsh winter. Increased snowfall is a well-established prediction of AGW, but I'm not aware of any prediction for colder winters.

>>738842556
>Pretty sure the state is the one feeding you that rhetoric too
This. The idea that "the government" is funnelling money into AGW for some secret purpose is entirely inconstant with the fact that politicians have been doing some of the most skilful head-burying in sand of any group outside of energy companies.
They clearly don't want to do shit about global warming - that's why the Paris treaty is such a joke.
>>
>>738819894
It's retarded to even discuss CO2 emissions.

Humans make well over 3 BILLION TONS of CO2 per year world wide by fucking EXHALING.

Stop breathing.

Also, if you just take a piece of fucking paper and do basic math, you will quickly realize that there isn't even enough oxygen as a volumetric percentage of the atmosphere to do the bullshit they talk about.

You would literally no longer be able to breathe the air anymore if the climate models worked the way they suggest.
>>
>>738842545
>https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-global-warming-harsher-winter/
Literally in your own link:
>"Even most global warming skeptics agree that a specific cold snap or freak storm doesn’t have any bearing on whether or not the climate problem is real."

Fuck me. Did you even read your own evidence?
>>
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
>>
>>738842465
https://news.google.com/news/story/dAnBCNDbb4iKUPMcLn3_1zrjiJVDM?hl=en&ned=us

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/climate-trends-continue-to-break-records

>Sea rise, and so much more.
>The planet enters normal periods of warming and cooling spanning many thousands of years. Yet somehow life persists.
We are supposed to be in an ice age period. We are between freezes.

I have never seen anyone bring any evidence to counter climate change only supporting it.
I mean denying climate change is like saying we faked the moon landing.
There is no argument, climate change is real. The current argument is what's causing it.

You are trying to fight a battle you already lost.
Just fucking google, and get the idea that just because you are human makes you smart.
>>
>>738818364
Everybody keeps ignoring the fact that we're due for an ice age in 25 thousand years, global warming might be our savior.
>>
>>738818364
Weird how fucks in SoCal right now are talking about a heat wave, it's fucking summer and it's only in the 90s on average here.
>>
>>738818835
How are you any better than him when you believe something without any real knowledge of the topic?
If you believe global warming because someone told you you're a jackass. If you understand what will warming and realize it's happening because you did your own research then you gratulations you're one of the very few who's entitled to an opinion otherwise shut the fuck up
>>
>>738842824
>missing the point entirely
Goddamn man. Stop trying to rush to the "IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG" side of the fence all the time and read what people are saying to you.

Stop trying to win every goddamn internet argument you make. It makes you look like a tool.

The planet is warming. This is established.
Are we the cause? Debatable. 94% of all CO2 emissions come from decaying plants and animals and volcanic emissions, i.e. when forests burn from a fire started by a magma stream.
>>
>>738842885
California destroyed their aquifers and immediately modified their local climate.

California will become a desert in 50 years, and that is actually their own fault.

No one cares about them. They can go segregate from the US and begin importing water,
>>
>>738818364

yeah but we're also getting record fucking heat waves at times. Fuck it was what, 80 degrees in february in new england this past winter? lmao
>>
File: 1346876461611.jpg (40KB, 374x395px) Image search: [Google]
1346876461611.jpg
40KB, 374x395px
>>738842965
>one piece of data
>GLOBAL WARMING IS OUR FAULT GUYS
>AL GORE'S COCK TASTES SO GOOD
>>
>>738830408
How is one degree negligible in terms of global average temperatures?
I'm pretty sure it's closer to two now btw. You should learn what average means...
>>
File: net_radiative_forcing.png (92KB, 582x801px) Image search: [Google]
net_radiative_forcing.png
92KB, 582x801px
>>738818364
OK buddy.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/289/5477/270
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/11/e1501923.full
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/302/5651/1719
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6313/aaf7671
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6311/465
science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6293/1517
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n2/full/nclimate2876.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19082.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n3/full/nclimate1784.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n10/full/nclimate1963.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v4/n11/full/nclimate2397.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n11/full/nclimate3110.html
http://www.pnas.org/content/106/38/16120.abstract?sid=e88a32fa-d470-486d-92ea-97bf18db30c9
http://www.pnas.org/content/97/4/1406.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
http://www.pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
http://www.pnas.org/content/104/14/5743.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
>>
File: 1492699150832.png (280KB, 1520x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1492699150832.png
280KB, 1520x1230px
>>738842752
>And yet, the same sources of information you and your liberal ilk draw distilled information from.
First of all, good work on totally missing the point.
Secondly, no. I try and make an effort to listen to experts, and when I do listen to journalists I at least check they're citing experts.

>Fucks sake, you boys believe Russia hacked "the USA" and controlled the 2016 election. You're gonna tell me I should take your constituency seriously after that?
I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Did you assume I'm American or something?

>Everyone you post below is this is personal belief, parroting what you've heard from Bill Nye and Captain Planet.
No, actually a lot of it came from Gavin Schmidt & Michael Mann.
You know, actual scientists?
People how study this stuff for a living?

>Carbon dioxide does not have the highest energy envelope for thermal input.
What the fuck?
If you're referring to the forcing per ppm, no, obviously not. But it is way more common that most greenhouse gasses, so that's irrelevant.

>That particular award goes to a whole slew of denser gases which comprise the conglomerate of common "air" that we breathe. Argon, for example, can retain multiplicatively-higher amounts of thermal input.
This is barely-comprehensible word salad. It sounds like you're confusing molar heat capacity with potential for radiative forcing. They're not the same thing.

>So why are you demonizing carbon?
Because it's measurably the cause of the current warming.

>We were skeptical. When did that change?
Believing the opposite of what you are told isn't being sceptical.

>Your precious Al Gore said the polar caps would be gone in 2008, then 2012. They're still here.
Why do you presume I care about Al Gore? He's not a climatologist either.

>We're not warming up to the extreme that doomsayers want you to believe. We're warming up, yes.
Once you factor in the amount of CO2 we've actually emitted, we're actually right on schedule for warming.
>>
We have people who think the earth flat, boys can be girls and climate change is a hoax. Fucking anti science fuckers need to die.

Hoping the repeal of Obamacare will take care of you retarded fucks. No more opiate treatment and
>>
>>738828999
Underrated comment
>>
>>738842812

Wow, it took you 6 minutes to highlight this phrase and put it out of context so it looks like you are right. Your IQ must be over 9000.
>>
>>738822010
>the planet is hotter than ever
Kek
>>
File: ICE ICE BABY.png (154KB, 706x566px) Image search: [Google]
ICE ICE BABY.png
154KB, 706x566px
>>
File: ITS NOT GETTING HOT IN HERE.png (62KB, 971x727px) Image search: [Google]
ITS NOT GETTING HOT IN HERE.png
62KB, 971x727px
>>
>>738842323
>But there isn't a temperature record.
>This isn't the warmest year, globally, in history
DUMB-ARSE!
- we aren't talking about some newscasters "!!!record temperature!!! - Ooh I'm sweating , pull my collar on television"
- we are talking about the 'temperature record' - : the LOG of temperature , the HISTORY of temperature , the data , the facts , the RECORDS!
- we aren't talking about some nincompoops opinion
- we using slightly scientific terms ; so please catch up.
>>
>>738819257
Kek
>>
>>738842367
>If all the ice in the world melted, the sea level would only rise ~260 feet.
yes ; over about 40% of the arable crop land ; But my preferred Wines don't grow at that altitude so I'l be alright.
>>
>>738818364
Cap and trade bait.
>>
>>738843110
>pnas.org
>penis.org
>>
>>738838757
Anon, you assume too much, you assume they have girlfriends.
>>
>>738842367
How far inland does that go along most of the coastal areas in the US? You ever see what a tsunami that's 30 feet does to a coastal city as far as how much of it's underwater?
>>
>>738842809
>Humans make well over 3 BILLION TONS of CO2 per year world wide by fucking EXHALING.
And even primary-school science would have told you that breathing is carbon-nutral.
The probably isn't actually the movement of carbon around on the surface, it's that large amounts of additional carbon has been taken form geological deposits and added back into the atmosphere.

>Also, if you just take a piece of fucking paper and do basic math, you will quickly realize that there isn't even enough oxygen as a volumetric percentage of the atmosphere to do the bullshit they talk about.
What?
O2 makes up 21% of the atmosphere.
CO2 is at 400ppm (0.04%).
Your math sucks.

>You would literally no longer be able to breathe the air anymore if the climate models worked the way they suggest.
Wrong.

>>738843464
Where did you find that?
This is the Greenland ice mass anomaly from from GRACE:
http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/Portals/7/EasyGalleryImages/8/72/fig3.4-tedesco.png
(4chan refused the pic)
http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/Report-Card/Report-Card-2016/ArtMID/5022/ArticleID/277/Greenland-Ice-Sheet

>>738843490
I don't understand the point of this graph at all.
Can you post the source?
>>
>>738841082
that's a good point, now where can I get my hands on some heroin?
>>
File: gisstemp.png (45KB, 904x480px) Image search: [Google]
gisstemp.png
45KB, 904x480px
>>738843490
>>
>>738843875
badum tish
>>
File: 1474029055711.jpg (7KB, 155x202px) Image search: [Google]
1474029055711.jpg
7KB, 155x202px
>>738844634
>Not even 1 degree in over a century
>>
>>738820377
Actually we have started anothwr warming trend... last a few more years then cooling trend the it will be.. "humans are making place to cold, fucking whites with their ac!
>>
>>738844771
>-0.3 to +0.8
>Not even 1 degree
????
>>
>>738818364
Global warming is real to an extent, but not to how much its hyped up to be. The other problem is we keep going after the wrong cause of it.

If environmentalist wanted to actually do shit about it, they would be going after beef farms. A single cow puts out over 50 gallons of methane a day, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO GIVE A SHIT! because its not as rhomantic as going after, muh big oil companies. Secondly if they gave a shit, they would get up on nuclear energy asap, would greatly solve our problem.
>>
>>738844912
120 years is still over a century bruh
>>
>>738818364
Looking only in usa? Classic of usfags...
>>
File: BD.jpg (13KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
BD.jpg
13KB, 183x275px
>>738818364
You're posting on the wrong board, boring cunt.
>>
>>738844922
That's why the air in the cities is so nice and the air in the country is all smog right?
>>
File: 1416800651618.gif (1021KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
1416800651618.gif
1021KB, 288x162px
>>738818692
Basically this.
Sad to see how many people actually believe we do worse to the atmosphere compared to nature.
>>
>>738844922
>. A single cow puts out over 50 gallons of methane
>what are the long and short carbon cycles
>what are fossil fuels and what are climate neutral fuels
>>
https://xkcd.com/1732/
>>
>>738845048
Not that anon but,
I actually hope this is bait, because the level of stupidity in your post is very high.
Do you understand what methane is, and how this gas behaves when not contained?
>>
Step 1 - it's not real

Step 2 - its real but its nature not us

Step 3 - its us, but I don't want to spend money to fix it

Step 4 - holy shit, how did no one see this coming? What are we paying you scientists for anyway?
>>
>>738845138
see pic in >>738843110
Volcanos have a net negative effect on temperature because of albedo
>>
File: 478266.jpg (42KB, 536x476px) Image search: [Google]
478266.jpg
42KB, 536x476px
This thread is hilarious. Apparently no one, neither side, actually knows a fucking thing about global climate change. If we ever needed a thread that proves 4chan is nothing but bickering, idiotic, uneducated 13 year old muricans and eurofags, this is it.
>>
>>738845138
>Basically this.
Actually not that, because it's complete bullshit.
Volcanoes emit about a hundredth of the CO2 we do per year.
>>
>>738819777
> not knowing what scientific method is
>>
>>738845374
last night i bondburger your sister?
>>
>>738825764

doesn't that make global warming the hero we don't deserve?
>>
File: flat earth map.jpg (40KB, 736x711px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth map.jpg
40KB, 736x711px
>>738818364
you mean its not the fossil fuel industry shoveling billions if not trillions of dollars to buy off conservative politicians and media to spread climate change denial to save their industry?

I seem to remember the lead industry doing something very similar back when lead paint was in every home, school, and play ground when most of the republican voters were still kids
>>
>>738834861
dude I feel you there
>>
Finally, this stupid fucking thread dies! See you on page 10!
>>
File: NASA2000-2016-1.gif (43KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
NASA2000-2016-1.gif
43KB, 500x344px
>>
>>738840344
You, too, huh?

I never had an interest in the sailor scouts but the legs in that picture.... damn
>>
>>738818364
This reminds me to look for some worms in my compost pile later for fishing bait this weekend.
>>
>>738818364
I don't know if it's getting warmer or not. I only know it's not human caused.
>>
Climate Scientist = oxymoron
>>
Government funded climate scientist = fraudster
>>
>>738849320
>>738849364
Anonymous 4chan shitposter = retard
>>
The government pays my salary = I will say whatever I'm told to say....
>>
>>738849836
nope
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.