[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask an Atheist anything > no fucking christians allowed

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 20

Ask an Atheist anything

> no fucking christians allowed
>>
Why did you capitalize atheist?
>>
Why do atheists try so fucking hard to out-douchebag Christians? Atheists and Christians are the two most annoying groups of motherfuckers alive.
>>
>>738538423
>Atheists and Christians are the two most annoying groups of motherfuckers alive.
Nah man, it gets way worse. Muslims, 'agnostics', spiritualists, Scientologists, Moonies, etc.
>>
>>738538555
>Moonie

What the fuck is a moonie
>>
>>738538319
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>738538621
A member of the Unification Church. If you've seen cult stereotypes in movies (we love you, come live on the compound), that's basically what they are.
>>
>>738538700
Kek
>>
>>738538319
Why do you choose to believe there isn't a god?
>>
>>738538700
This pasta is old and crusty
>>
>>738538555
I hate all people in the US military. To me the are the worst.
>>
Love the Bible
>>
>>738538798
I'm more educated than you, in every way shape and form. Also more intelligent than you (exponentially so). I am better than you, in every facet of life, and I don't even know you, however, I just know, that I am. Also, we aren't bro's. If anything, you are someone I assign less value and worth than my own feces. Your life has no value, and you will make no contribution to this world, in your entire life, because of your low intelligence, and lack of skills. How does that feel, you fucking bottom denominator. go back to you vegan subreddit to fill your useless void of a life, pretending it means anything. Am I a narcissist? I don't know, I am a fucking God. I will, do, and have succeeded in every facet of life. I have done more, in this year alone, than you will have achieved before you leave this world... let that sink in. You have no fucking clue who you are talking to. I am so vastly superior, and intelligent, that I can infer all of this, with 100% accuracy. You are like a fucking ant, and I am a GOD. You do not even fly on my radar, let alone get acknowledgement, from the likes of me. I know you can sense my superiority, my power, my intelligence,and you are trying to pretend you don't feel it, its real. To conclude, go back to fucking yourself, you meaningless water-trash bottom feeding peasant.
>>
>>738538319
>Ask an Atheist anything

Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>738538788
dubs checked OP fucking answer it you piece of shit.
>>
>>738538869
>I am better than you
okay
>>
>>738538947
Astounding! You have managed to expend effort creating a non-random string of characters which usually convey meaning, yet your overall comment was ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS! It is as though all of the industries of mankind were operated in reverse, with great will and endeavor being used to convert items of usefulness into worthless bare materials! you are the antithesis of all that is grand and great about mankinds capacity for thought and self-determination. You sir, are the mirror image of a meaningful entity, lower than base matter, lower than oblivion, because unlike the brutish deterministic plasma of the unreasoning cosmos, you CHOSE to be without value or worth. Or in the parlance of thine own ilk: LOL N0 UR GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!11ONE!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!11!
>>
>>738538947
You're to new to recognize a troll thread kys.
>>
Hint: OP already abandoned thread.
>>
>>738538798
Like OPs scalp.
Disgusting.
>>
>>738538979
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>738538319
Christian here. Why so intolerant? I would welcome you into any threads I make.
>>
>>738538319
Did you ever thought that rejecting definetely the existence of a supreme entity is as stupid as believing that there is a true god?
>>
>>738539099
Christians are welcoming until you start asking too many questions.
>>
>>738538319
If you so secure in your convictions, why no Christians allowed?
>>
>>738538319

have you ever heard of head & shoulders?
>>
>>738538423
Athiests by definition are outspoken.

If they weren't, most would likely be agnostic (since many athiests express they cant be 100% sure about their stance) and you would barely hear from them.
>>
>>738541639
Most outspoken atheists are agnostic and vice-versa.
>>
>being so showy to expose yourself as antheist for no fucking reason.
C'mon, anon, as an atheist, I don't see the point in doing this.
>>738541639
No, agnostic fuckers are only indecisive and coward retards who think that just because they can't say with sure that god doesn't exist, no progress or discussion should be made.
>>
>>738541871
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at high school, and I’ve been involved in numerous /r/atheism frontpage posts, and I have over 300 confirmed facebook debate wins. I am trained in theology and I’m the top debater on this entire website. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of atheists across the Scandinavian peninsula and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can convince you that god doesn't exist in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare intellect. Not only am I extensively trained in debate, but I have access to the entire arsenal of my local library and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of this website, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, skytard.
>>
Who shaves the barber who lives in a city where nobody shaves themselves by themselves?
>>
>>738541871
newfag detected
>>
>>738542307
The other barber.
>>
File: thejob.jpg (379KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
thejob.jpg
379KB, 1024x682px
Atheism exists thanks to religion. Religion is a natural psychological movement, it is an exercise in imagination and a way to deal with the world around you. All cultures came up with some sort of explanation: From one eyed gods that will carry own till Ragnarok, to beard man that is the son of a virgin woman.
Atheism is just counter culture...Atheism is not much more than something like feminism.
>>
>>738543875
People have not believed in gods longer than they've believed in gods, unless you think that animals believe in gods as well.
>>
>>738538319
Agnostic here, no one gives enough of a shit about what atheists think to devine the will to ask you anything interesting because well, there's nothing interesting about being whatever you're calling yourself this week, atheist, satanist, faggot, etc. But what the hell, I also wonder why you capitalize the word atheist. And why don't you like agnostics?
>>
File: the job.jpg (36KB, 371x413px) Image search: [Google]
the job.jpg
36KB, 371x413px
>>738543943
burden of proof.
>>
File: tumblr_myon5uxh2v1swo1ujo1_250.gif (403KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myon5uxh2v1swo1ujo1_250.gif
403KB, 245x170px
>>738538319
YOU NEED JESUS,YOU FAGGOT OF AN OP
>>
File: -1.jpg (293KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
293KB, 1120x840px
>>738538319
why aren't christ fags allowed to ask you questions? are you a chicken?
>>
>>738544212
If non-human animals do not believe in gods and humans are descended from non-human animals, then our ancestors did not believe in gods if you go back far enough.
>>
File: jesusfilm.jpg (22KB, 637x342px) Image search: [Google]
jesusfilm.jpg
22KB, 637x342px
>>738538319
JOIN ME
OR I'LL SLAP YOU WITH A FIS, YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>738544455
What proof do you have that humans descended from non-human animals? Furthermore, I'm wondering how that even makes sense to you. Basically, you sound retarded. I'm having difficulty reconciling your stupidity.
>>
>>738538319
What is your fav bible verse?
>>
>>738544634
Welp, you're either a troll or a retard. Either way, there's no point talking to you.
>>
>>738539099
Okay Christfag if you are so welcoming, why is God not? Why must i be damned for believing in what i believe in and not believing what he wants me to believe?
>>
>>738542105

I have you beat on the facebook debates you normie fagit Your theology training proves
nothing other than a willingness to speculate and admit you know nothing while pretending
to know everything. You act like hard cider
but you're just a soft little apple.

I think deep down inside, all you need is a hug, I would hug you, if you didn't scream
of red flags and cheap booze...
>>
File: thetools.jpg (128KB, 867x524px) Image search: [Google]
thetools.jpg
128KB, 867x524px
>>738544455
We don't understand our brains and we don't know how to translate what animals think or say in a way that makes sense to us...it is based on interpretation, and yet you talk about animals as a inferior creatures. Easy point is, at this point in space and time, if evolution if to be taken into consideration, we coexist with dolphins and cats and monkeys...evolution wise, we are coexisting and add worst, we devote time to them, we trade food and shelter for services and we need them...for food and some people even trade food and shelter for emotional support (aka dogs and cats for example, we give them a comfy life and they give us attention.)
As far as culture goes, writing and any form of civilization...we have devoted time to wonder about Gods...Atheists do it too, they just try to prove that they don't exist...like a Marvel fanboy that says DC comics is shit.
Take my bait anon...i'm the fisherman.
>>
>>738544884
>take my bait anon
>yet you talk about animals as a inferior creatures
Where did I do that?
>>
>>738545041
When you assumed that they don't have a God.
Assumption based on the fact that they don't build churches and don't pray like we do...
Taking into consideration the fact that we don't understand what they are even saying when they howl or bark or chirp.
>>
>>738544167
Hey op, you gonna answer my goddamn questions, faggot?
>>
>>738545172
How does assuming that they don't have a god make them inferior? It just makes them different in one aspect.
>>
>>738544774
Of course not, that would require you to rationalize your autism. I don't think you're capable of doing that.
>>
Can you see properly?
>>
>>738545269
here.
You see..i'm aware of my grammar mistakes, but really, you're trying to turn around a table that doesn't exist here.
>>738543943
If that is not you...sorry, hive mind is too strong for you to be able to have a personality strong enough to deal with anonymity.
>>
>>738538423
at least thay don't blow up other people
>>
'No Christians allowed' lol. that isn't the way reality works. you really are a fool.
>>
>>738545420
>you're trying to turn around a table that doesn't exist here.
How so?
>If that is not you
It is me. How am I assuming that animals are inferior?
>>
File: qe2ha07amv7z.jpg (94KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
qe2ha07amv7z.jpg
94KB, 550x733px
Sir do you have a moment to talk about your lord and savior Jesus Christ
>>
>>738545573
no trolling allowed, this serious
>>
>>738538555
I fucking hate how agnostics think their position is superior, acting like tgey have the moral high ground
>>
when do you think the reptruers coming
>>
>>738538319
whats with the fuckin' dandruff my dude?
>>
>>738545631
You are quite dense aren't you?
See...the point is, if you take that animals don't believe...if you really base your argument on an empty space like that. You are doing something known as "implying". My answer was "burden of proof.". Since you're just here to waste time the same way a preacher does from your perspective when he talks about morality based on the bible.
I'm not giving you answers that can help you, i'm not offering you a chance here...i'm just baiting you into keep your perspective, in a way, i'm testing your faith on Atheism...and you are just accepting that and taking the bait.
I am amused as fuck.
>>
>>738538319
Why do aethist still use Christian traditions? Getting married in a church, funeral service, Christmas and Easter, say bless you when some one sneezes? Isn't the point not to do that?
>>
>>738545981
>You are quite dense aren't you?
Am I?
>if you take that animals don't believe
There's no evidence that they do, but we can go even further if you like.
>My answer was "burden of proof."
For instance, animals evolved from non-animal organisms. If you go back far enough, you reach a point where life is physically incapable of thought.
>i'm testing your faith on Atheism
What does this mean?
>I am amused as fuck.
As am I.
>>
Edgy cuck with a capital A to the theist.

Why don't you want to debate with christfags? You do understand that if you seal yourself in a echo chamber of likeminded fucks, you are as pathetic as christfags?
>>
>>738545820
do u even know what agnostics are lul... they essentially stand between the positions, how can they claim moral high ground, r u retard m8? or is agnosticism in murica just as fucked as anything else loosely tied to any ideology thing?
>>
>>738546194
You like what i'm doing here?
>>
>>738538319
explain why you aren't agnostic and where you find proof there is no god.

I'll fucking wait.
>>
>>738546319
Sure, it's fun for me.
>>
>>738546373
Hint: atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive.

Atheism means you don't believe in gods.
Agnosticism means you don't know whether or not there are gods.
>>
>>738546484
it is as an agnostics last answer to the question if there is a god is: i dont know
atheists say: no
>>
>>738546385
You all the people that come to my church.
I am a priest anon...and do this shit every day with teens around here.
I watch tv and i have a nice time listening to music and using youtube...fuck, i even play games!
Anon, you are the kind of guy that be inside my church each Sunday.
But hey, i will give you this: You take religion as a lie, but remember, some people can use it to do good and the weak may rely on that...it can help as much as Atheism.
Have a nice day anon, and God bless you.
>>
>>738546484
the large difference being that agnostics refrain from making a decision without evidence to prove for or against god. Atheists just decided there was no god because they didn't believe in one. There's no proof either way, leading me to believe agnostics have a superior and much more logical view of the issue
>>
>>738546630
The question is: "Do you believe in a god?"
Theists say yes.
Atheists say no.
If you say "I don't know" to this question then you either didn't understand the question or don't know your own mind.
>>
>>738546639
>You all the people that come to my church.
?
>I am a priest anon...and do this shit every day with teens around here.
k
>I watch tv and i have a nice time listening to music and using youtube...fuck, i even play games!
Sounds nice.
>Anon, you are the kind of guy that be inside my church each Sunday.
I can count the number of times I've been in a church other than for weddings, funerals, etc. on one hand.
>some people can use it to do good
Others use it to do evil. Regardless, I'm interested in truth.
>it can help as much as Atheism
Atheism doesn't "help", it just doesn't hurt. The helping part comes from things like secular humanism.
>Have a nice day anon
Thanks, you too.
>God bless you.
Gesundheit
>>
>>738545981
>I am amused as fuck.

Hahaha fuck that made me laugh. What a pathetic character.
>>
>>738546714
No decision is necessary to be an atheist. One does not have to decide there is no god to be an atheist.
>>
>>738538319
Hi, agnostic here. I've spent a lot of time trying to decide between religion and atheism, and my question to you, someone who has decided, is what evidence is there that drives you to atheism?
>>
>>738546768
or you understand the limitations of the mind.

you'd need evidence for or against to make a valid conclusion.

I don't base my beliefs in "feeling like things exist or not" I prefer facts.

since there are no facts in this argument for or against god, no conclusion is reached. this leads to agnostic outlook.

learn your own limitations anon, stop seeing things as black and white. you're easily divided, misled, and preyed upon that way. not just religiously, but socially, and economically as well

cheers cunts
>>
>>738538319
Why Do you look like a normal pedophile n not a Emo pedophile now?
>>
>>738547350
>you'd need evidence for or against to make a valid conclusion.
You have a default. You either believe something or you do not. A or not A. For this to not be the case, logic must be false.
>I don't base my beliefs in "feeling like things exist or not" I prefer facts.
>since there are no facts in this argument for or against god, no conclusion is reached.
Good, then you are an atheist since you do not believe in a god.
>stop seeing things as black and white
It's literally binary. It's logically impossible to neither believe in a god nor not believe in a god.
>>
File: 1sbpz8.jpg (16KB, 281x178px) Image search: [Google]
1sbpz8.jpg
16KB, 281x178px
>>738538319
op isa fagot
>>
>>738547575
did somebody say spiderman thread
>>
>>738547518
so by using logic you believe anything that you decide to "believe" without any sort of evidence, facts, or reasoning? that doesn't sound very well reasoned, but you're the king of fucking logic m8.
>>
>>738538319
What???? So ask me anything as long as you agree with me OR any religion allowed EXCEPT Christians? Little boy with hurt feeling and inferiority complex detected.
>>
>>738547518
>it's literally binary
no it is not. Take for example the whole Schrodinger's cat thing. There are only two possible states the cat can be in, dead or not dead, yet because until the outcome is actually observed, the state of the cat is in a weird state of flux, and in all discussion of the cat, there is a third option that must be the basis of discussion, and that is that the cat is both dead and alive and neither at the same time. Until we observe evidence for or against the existence of God we must be in that same state of flux. I take this time to remind you that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
>>
File: ifipostthispleasekillme.jpg (35KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
ifipostthispleasekillme.jpg
35KB, 800x522px
>>738538319
>>
>>738547849
>so by using logic you believe anything that you decide to "believe" without any sort of evidence, facts, or reasoning?
Nope. Try reading what I said again. You either believe something or you do not believe it. Note that not believing something is not equivalent to believing the negation.
>you're the king of fucking logic m8.
Relative to you it appears so. I at least understand the logical absolutes.
>>
>>738548041
perhaps the answer to the question do you believe in god is binary. it is a yes or no question. agnostics just choose not to answer since there is no valid choice
>>
>>738547909
Yikes, I don't think you understand the purpose of the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment. It was used as an objection to a particular interpretation of quantum mechanics.

You either believe in a god or you do not. It's impossible to do both simultaneously, and you reject all logic if you say otherwise.
>>
>>738546127
That's more about tradition though. for example many aspects if Xmas and Easter are taken from pagen holidays.
>>
>>738548041
>logical absolutes
logical statements that depend on evidence that is not available are not absolute. I like the color red. That is absolute. There is no evidence required or given needed for that to be true. There is a planet Mars. That is dependent upon the evidence at hand. As there is evidence to back that up, it is now absolute in its truth. Until you have EVIDENCE it is not absolutely true.
>>
>>738548224
Whether you choose to voice an answer or not is irrelevant. One applies to you.

Again, you either believe in a god or you do not.
>>
Christian here.

Why are you such a faggot?
>>
>>738548285
>logical statements that depend on evidence that is not available are not absolute.
A equals A. (law of identity)
A does not equal not A. (law of non-contradiction)
Everything is either A or not A. (law of excluded middle)
>>
>>738548231
>you reject all logic otherwise
The fuck are you on? I do not know. I say I do not know because I cannot present evidence to back either claim, either the claim for or against the existence of God. Also the cat thing was an analogy you nitwit. It gave an example of a similar system of thought where regular logic does not work. Of course I wasn't talking about quantum mechanics you dolt.
>>
>>738545859
My first throught, too
>>
>>738548610
>I say I do not know
Sure, and that makes you agnostic, but again: you either believe or you do not believe. You CANNOT do neither or both at the same time.

There is no "special" logic.
>>
>>738548557
Yes but we are talking about something dependent on evidence you fucking retard. There is no evidence against the existence of God. There is no evidence for the existence of God. Therefore concluding either is not backed by any evidence
>>
If that's OP in the picture, he literally has NO redeeming physical quality, lopsided face, tiny eyes, disgusting fucking hair. Explains why he'd want people to know he's an atheist, if God did exist, cunts as ugly as him wouldn't exist, because they'd be a spawn of the devil.
>>
would you marry a catholic person?
>>
>>738548750
I do not know and that is my belief. I am in the process of trying to determine what I think. What piece of evidence did you observe or learn of that determined your affirmative belief that there is no God?
>>
>>738548750
I believe that I don't know
>>
>>738548788
What part about this don't you get? You either believe in a god (A) or you do not believe in a god (not A). You ALSO either believe in no gods (B) or you do not believe in no gods (not B).

You can not believe in gods AND not believe in no gods, but you MUST either believe in gods or not believe in gods. Anything else is literally impossible. YOU either believe in a god or you don't.
>>
As an agnostic, to me it's less of "I don't know" and more like "I don't care"

Why should i be forced to make a decision on a subject i have no interest in.
>>
>>738538700

Haven't seen this pasta in a while.
>>
>>738538319
Why are you so fucking gay?
>>
>>738548919
Knowledge and belief are not equivalent.
>I am in the process of trying to determine what I think.
Then you do not currently believe, and are an atheist.
>What piece of evidence did you observe or learn of that determined your affirmative belief that there is no God?
I do not have an affirmative belief that there is no God.
>>738548947
That's fine. You also either believe in a god or don't.
>>
>>738548979
just decide because atheists are getting angry
>>
>>738549084

That sounds like their problem, not mine
>>
>>738548224
it would be like someone asking you, which way do you think the store is? road a, or road b? assuming you have no fucking idea where the store is, you can wager a guess with 50% accuracy of sending them the right way. or you can can choose not to answer the question, providing the person with no guesses, misinformation, or conjecture based on no evidence. clearly the latter is the most reasonable choice.
>>
when a baby is born, it either believes in God or does not. There is no case that it does not know.
>>
Reminder that Atheist try to keep themselves legitimate by being outspoken. They only get attention from not believing in god(s) because of how prevalent belief in god(s) is.

Proud to not believe just to be different from those who do
>>
>>738549084
It's frustrating when agnostics refuse to admit logic.
>>
>>738548318
thats not true. you can't apply an answer to me, either yes or no. My argument against the answer yes is simple: there is no evidence of god. My argument against the answer no is simple: there is no evidence affirming no god. therefor I end my thought process content knowing that a) I have not reached an "answer" in your binary sense and b) content that I have not thrown away my affinity for facts for a mundane question about a potential god
>>
Oh wise one!
Please do share your grand "logic" with the rest of us that disproves God!
>>
>>738549653
>thats not true.
It is true.
>you can't apply an answer to me, either yes or no.
I just did.
>My argument against the answer yes is simple: there is no evidence of god.
Hence atheist.
>My argument against the answer no is simple: there is no evidence affirming no god
Which is compatible with atheism, the lack of belief in gods.

You are an atheist. You don't have to use the label if you don't want to, but you are one.
>>
>>738548971
That not true. I'm sitting here and I can tell you truthfully I do not believe there is a god, however, I share equal uncertainty about a lack of god. This doubt is based on complete lack of evidence for or against. not just poor evidence, a complete lack thereof. essentially if you boil down your argument, your point is you have to believe something even when there is no evidence. which seems kinda illogical m8
>>
>>738549818 Legit, how few brain cells are you operating on?
>>
>>738548979
apatheism confirmed
>>
>>738549952
>I do not believe there is a god, however, I share equal uncertainty about a lack of god.
That's fine. That makes you not A and not B. Not A makes you an atheist. Not B does not make you not an atheist. You are an atheist.
>your point is you have to believe something even when there is no evidence.
No, you've completely missed my point. My point is that you either believe something or you DON'T believe something.
>>
File: crusade-memes-time.jpg (79KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
crusade-memes-time.jpg
79KB, 500x437px
>>738538319
>no fucking christians allowed
Catholics? :^)
>>
>>738549971
More than the self-declared agnostics in this thread who can't grasp basic logic apparently.
>>
At first I thought I read "ask an autist" and I was right.
>>
>>738550212 Summarise your "logic" then.
>>
>>738549070
how are you too dense to realize that people may not determine what to believe in an instant. beliefs are not formed instantaneously and may shift over time and with different circumstances evidence etc. you're treating beliefs like some kind of light switch when in reality there is some time taken to form them, during which "I don't know yet" seems to be a reasonable and more truthful answer than just rushing to draw a conclusion....
>>
>>738550332
Here:>>738548557
Everything is either A or not A. You either believe in a god (A) or you do not believe in a god (not A).

If you believe in a god, you are a theist.
If you do not believe in a god, you are an atheist.
>>
>>738550366
If you have not determined a belief, then by definition you don't believe in that moment.
>may shift over time
That's fine. People go from theist to atheist and vice-versa all the time. At any one moment however, everyone is one or the other.
>just rushing to draw a conclusion
There is no conclusion necessary to not believe something.
>>
>>738550132
So by your use of logic, I am an atheist that believes strongly that God may exist?
>this makes no sense
your logic is garbage anon
>quit lumping agnostics and atheists together plox
>>
>>738550639
see
>>738550763
>>
>>738538319
How often do you fertilize your lawn? Do you use a 4-step seasonal?
>>
>>738550763
>I am an atheist that believes strongly that God may exist?
Sure.
>this makes no sense
It makes perfect sense. You don't believe in a god, but believe that there could be a god.
>your logic is garbage anon
Then refute it logically.
>quit lumping agnostics and atheists together plox
I don't. Some agnostics are theists after all. However, all agnostics are either theists or atheists.
>>
>>738550464 You retarded or attempting to troll?
>>
>>738550840
See >>738550926
>>
>>738550936
Neither. You?
>>
>>738550936
this retard thinks he's fucking king of logic m8.

he currently has me filed as atheist, even though I strongly believe God may exist. I'm finding it amusing, yet somewhat sad. I do not suspect anon is trolling since they seem to be rather upset
>>
>>738551100
You seem quit upset with merely being labelled as an atheist. Why is that?

If my logic is flawed, show where it is flawed. Ad hominems are meaningless.
>>
File: Endless-Summer.jpg (99KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
Endless-Summer.jpg
99KB, 500x328px
>>738550926
>>I am an atheist that believes strongly that God may exist?
>Sure.

*THIS ARGUMENT HAS ENDED*
you have lost, by making this dense and ultimately completely retarded point.
really the losers are all of us readers though, for having to sit through your 8th grade attempts at logic anon. we all lost today

good day sir.
>>
>>738551245
*quite
>>
>>738551245
atheist = definitely no god
me = there might be a god
atheist =/= me

sit down sir.
>>
>>738551289
I agree that the argument has ended. You are apparently incapable of refuting me, and thus resort to insults after your position has been exposed as flawed.
>>
>>738551299
you waste your dubs on spelling errors
>>738551400
>I use my dubs for truth faggot
>>
>>738551400
We do not have the same definition of atheist.

Atheist = lack of belief in gods
you = I lack a belief in gods
atheist = you

Raise your hand before speaking.
>>
>>738551492
>>738551500
My dubs override yours
>>
>>738551500
Definitions of atheism also vary in the degree of consideration a person must put to the idea of gods to be considered an atheist. Atheism has sometimes been defined to include the simple absence of belief that any deities exist. This broad definition would include newborns and other people who have not been exposed to theistic ideas.
>>
>>738551677
>This broad definition would include newborns and other people who have not been exposed to theistic ideas.
Correct.
>>
>>738551677
(dubs again with truth)
>absence of belief that any deities exist
I literally believe that god might exist. I AM GIVING EQUAL MERIT TO THE POSSIBILTY OF A DIETY EXISTING. (directly contrary to that, the braodest definition of atheism I could find) This is clearly not atheist to think there could be a deity in existence. I am growing weary of your bullshit arguments anon
>>
>>738551853
>This is clearly not atheist to think there could be a deity in existence
If you do not believe that there is a deity in existence, you are an atheist. Believing that a god might exist is not equivalent to believing that a god does exist.
> I am growing weary of your bullshit arguments
Yet you fail time and again to show that they are bullshit.
>>
File: Paddington-Bear.jpg (300KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
Paddington-Bear.jpg
300KB, 800x764px
>>738552027
enjoy this anon. you are too far gone to speak with any further. fuck you and your inability to see things from another's perspective and choosing your subjective view of an issue as the only valid possibility. I mainly resist being labelled atheist because of shit stains like you who argue everyone is with you based on logic when in reality, I couldn't imagine a more insufferable cunt If I tried.

on a logical note, you've now included people who believe in god's existence with your group of atheists (example me: read above) and undermined the definition of atheism even further as someone who purports to love logic, this should irk you.

get fucked
>>
>>738552351
> fuck you and your inability to see things from another's perspective and choosing your subjective view of an issue as the only valid possibility.
The only subjective part of this issue are the definitions involved.
>I mainly resist being labelled atheist because of shit stains like you
So not for a logical reason then.
>you've now included people who believe in god's existence with your group of atheists
I haven't though.
>(example me: read above)
I did read it, and you don't claim to believe in a god. You claim to believe that there could be a god. Those aren't equivalent, as I pointed out.
>undermined the definition of atheism even further
Nope.
>get fucked
Have a nice day.
>>
>>738552650
maybe if you kill yourself you'll get the truth?
>>
>>738552816
Maybe, maybe not. You go first and try to report your findings back to me.
>>
>>738552908
obviously not. I'll be too busy hanging with God you retard fuck
>>
Just fap yourself with this
>>
>>738552978
What if God hates you?
>>
File: 1498579311497.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1498579311497.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
>>738552908
>>
How many nigger dicks do you suck in a day, 2?
4?
20?
>>
>>738538319
U looks hot moar pics?
>>
>>738553108
what god? he'd have to exist to hate.
looks like by typing that you acknowledge the existence of God.
>you are no longer atheist by your definition
>u got fucked
>>
>>738550926
Holy shit you're an idiot.
>>
>>738553203
Voldemort has to exist to hate Harry Potter? I have to believe something is true to speak hypotheticals?
>>738553218
How so?
>>
Afraid of Christians invading your safe space?
>>
>>738545285
This is one weird retard. I wonder what he was reading.
>>
>>738554042
Where's the comic for hindu heaven where the atheist and Christian are eating pineapple together?
>>
File: 1498122086097.jpg (30KB, 665x422px) Image search: [Google]
1498122086097.jpg
30KB, 665x422px
>>738538319
What do you atheist fags think about this?
>>
File: 1498132508874.jpg (145KB, 1024x646px) Image search: [Google]
1498132508874.jpg
145KB, 1024x646px
>>738554396
Majority of u people are atheists cause you have deep seeded hate towards society.
Oh and your overlord amazing atheist is a huge loser
>>
File: notsureif.png (212KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
notsureif.png
212KB, 552x414px
>>
>>738538319
>>738538319
why is there dried cum in your hair
>>
File: 1484549154497.jpg (1MB, 2970x2806px) Image search: [Google]
1484549154497.jpg
1MB, 2970x2806px
>>738538319
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.