[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me anon, why are you a climate change denier?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 26

Tell me anon,
why are you a climate change denier?
>>
File: image.png (85KB, 454x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
85KB, 454x573px
Because we have gone through ice ages
>>
>>738434270
Someone was asleep in science class.
>>
>>738434326
Good argument
>>
File: b7X600t.jpg (115KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
b7X600t.jpg
115KB, 500x333px
climate change denial is literally the dumbest thing ever

no wonder alt right turboautists are the only ones who support it
>>
>>738434409
It's willful ignorance.
>>
Liberals who believe in climate change subscribe to a religion of assumptions
>>
>>738434649
>assumptions

>supported and peer reviewed by 99% of scientists

LOL but yeah keep taking the word of corporate CEOs though
>>
BECAUSE SATAN SAID SO. This Earth must be cleansed of monkey shit. THE NEW ERA IS UPON US!

HAIL SATAN.
>>
>>738434748
I hope there's plenty of Jack Daniels in hell...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6q5scaSaD4
>>
>>738434649
I think we can all safely assume that you are an idiot.
>>
>>738434223
I just want to watch Florida drown.
>>
It's been proven jews control the weather
>>
>>738434223
No. I am not.
>>
>>738435198
>not visible to our senses
Sure... how's that summer weather again?
>>
>>738434808
There's a lot but its all on fire
>>
File: Flaminghomer.jpg (63KB, 384x288px)
Flaminghomer.jpg
63KB, 384x288px
>>738435757
I guess I'll have that drink from the Simpsons that you have to set on fire before drinking
>>
Climate change is real.
Human influenced climate change is a lie.
The wold has always had a changing climate. Land mass has always moved. Rivers have always appeared and disappeared. Ice has formed and melted. We have had record hot and cold spells all through out human history.
>>
>>738435632
On average about 3° warmer than the 1800s
>>
When the solutions are all "hurr taxes" and a piece of paper nobody is actually going to commit to then there is no reason to bother.

When humanity as a collective wants to die, why stop them?
>>
>>738435972
Sadly, some of us aren't misanthropic neckbeards.
>>
I'm sceptical of the dangers of climate change because there's too much money made and where there's money, there' fraud.
Also, if it was that dangerous, government should do more.
>>
There is already too much carbon in the air. ARMAGEDDON is inevitable.
>>
>>738434649
You are the ass doing assumptions.

I am NO liberal. Not even close. But it is the ignorant who refuse to understand the impact of 7.5 billion humans on this planet and its climate.

Quit being an ass. And drop the liberal label, at least when talking science.
>>
>>738435893
>Pumping millions of billions of trillions of cubic feet of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere has no actual impact on temperature.
>>
>>738435893
Nice petroleum industry talking point you have there...
>>
>>738436322
This tbqh

We have at most 300 years left
>>
>>738436274
Almost without exception "scientific" studies denying climate change can be traced back to the petroleum industry. So please tell me about how there's too much money to be made?
>>
Can't deny something that doesn't exist...
>>
>>738435893
What you say is true, in addition to humans fucking things up. Basically all scientific proof shows that yes, the climate does fluctuate naturally by itself between hot and cold, but humans are simply exacerbating the issue and making those fluctuations more severe.
>>
99% of scientists. Where do you get your information?. Where is this list of all the scientists in the world? Has anyone been able to find it?
Look i am almost 40, and when i was a child, we were heading for an ice age that was going to destroy mankind, freeze people and destroy the northern hemisphere. Guess what didnt happen.
>>
>>738435893
Except the changes in global temperatures in the past few decades is greater than anything seen in the past few millennia
>>
>>738436675
Because that's when we started pumping the greenhouse gas, duh
>>
>>738434223
I'm not I just don't care because i'll be long dead lul.
>>
File: 1491310976575.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491310976575.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>738434223
this is how i see it

climate change - TRUE
human fault - BS and argument for higher taxes and prices
>>
>>738434223
Because it's all a part of agenda 21 to tax us all to death and put us all in dystopian mega cities, that aside, if one could look past the decades of falsified research and studies, then one might find that earth is undergoing, has undergone, and always will undergo natural climate cycles that man (until he creates the star trek planetary terraforming technology) is powerless to stop. Carbon """DI"""xode is the gas that trees and plants 'breathe' in (which there have never been anymore of in earth's recent history) to fuel their chemical processes to create oxygen which is what humans breathe in to fuel their respiration of which CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) is the chemical result. You see a synergy between man and nature, and they would tell you that this somehow upsets the balance when it is simply nature. Carbon """MO"""noxide, however, is a different story. I put them in giant capital letter surrounded by quotation marks because the climate control pushers love to obfuscate with pseudo-science and social proof (i.e. So and so is such an awful person because they want the planet to die! What an awful climate denier! Science denier!). Oh and also all of the ridiculous logical and rhetorological fallacies they have to resort to just to argue their points pisses me off. (Shouldn't it simply be about science? Even that term has now been so irredeemably muddied by Bill Nye and his entourage of pretend scientist pseudo-intellectuals that it sounds like a stigmatized, preposterous notion).
>>
>>738436798
Yeah also this.
>>
Don't shoot the messager. Read the PDF yourself (link in article)

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclusive-study-finds-temperature-adjustments-account-for-nearly-all-of-the-warming-in-climate-data/
>>
Republicans are enslaving you. VOTE DEMOCRAT... lol jk
>>
>>738434223
because its FAKE NEWS
>>
>>738434223
Because I know that most of CO2 produced by humanity is produced by cow's digestive system, not cars, and most of the effort is directed at cars for serving someone's financial interests, which I don't care about. I already don't eat beef.
>>
>>738436358
>>738436406
>>738436650
>>738436734
So the fact the CO2 in the prehistoric era was at an all time high was caused by man, sure. The fact we are at the moment balancing out from the little ice age. Then there is the founder of the weather channel also admits there is nothing new going on. The world is doing it's own thing as it always has, That fact anyone things we can affect it in any meaning full way is ridiculous.
>>
>>738436734
And you have the measured temperatures from the last couple millennia do you?
>>
question:

Why don't they ever find a cure for cancer?

beca$use.

now ask the climate change 'scientists' the how to fix the probelm.

ans: GIBmeDAT$.
>>
>>738436798
This comment brought to you by Texaco.

Texaco: you can trust your car to the man with the star.
>>
>>738436942
Of all the mass extinctions only 1 was NOT caused by climate change. We aren't the sole cause, but we made it exponentially worse.
>>
>>738436992
They are recorded in the ice deposits on the poles and they can be extrapolated from the growth rings of very old trees. So, yes.
>>
>>738436992
Yes, yes we have. There is a big land mass that saved every information about climate and weather.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-are-past-temperatures/
>>
>>738436531
>Almost without exception "scientific" studies denying climate change can be traced back to the petroleum industry.
Maybe, don't know.

>So please tell me about how there's too much money to be made?
"Clean" gas, nuclear power, wind and solar energy, new tech, emission trading.
Also, votes.
>>
>>738437190
No human in history has ever done a thing to effect are climate.
One volcano erupting has a bigger effect on climate then any human from the industrial era.
>>
File: 1497782847428.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497782847428.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>738434223
It should be illegal to put a oppinion against peer reviewed facts. Death penalty illegal.
Im sick of this stupidity
>>
>>738437385
Want to see your source. I also liked you saying that a volcano has bigger impact than one human.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/which-emits-more-carbon-dioxide-volcanoes-or-human-activities
>>
>>738437337
Hate to break it to you, but the companies that stand to gain the most from switching to renewables are the "oil" companies of old. They bought out all the renewable competition when it was just starting out and cheap, now they plan on cashing in.
>>
When in doubt on this topic, consult the science, not popular media

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP
>>
Because earth is flat and therefore no climate change
>>
>>738434409
No proof that there is any man caused global warming. No proof any of this they propose will accomplish anything to stop or even slow it down. Only proof about all of this is that they want us to pay tons and tons of our money for their theory. Break free and think for yourself pal.
>>
>>738437385
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
....but yeah.... volcanoes bud. guess most of the volcanoes really started gettin' busy in the last 150 years.
>>
>>738434223
Because Al Gore lied about creating the internet, so hes most likely just a pathological liar.
>>
>>738435893
>its called weather!
pic unrelated
>>
>>738437607
Low bait or just retarded if serious. You should follow your own advice dipshit
>>
>>738437607
Note the direct correlation between temperature (pic related) and co2 emissions listed here>>738437521
>>
>>738437526
Wait... Wasn't that my point exactly? That there's money to make, so you can't trust people?

Doesn't matter if it's old or new industries or both or scientists or media or politicians! If it benefits them, expect deception, fraud, and lies.
>>
>>738434223
12 years ago I read on the United nations Web site that global warming/climate change is a fucking hoax perpetrated to control the middle classes consumption habits. So fuck off OP you fucking liberal snow flake and all of your God damn whining about shit you have no comprehension of because your too fucking brain washed to think for your self.
>>
>>738437521
>>738437609
And here we have the anti-science guys.
volcano's have a bigger EFFECT on climate then anything man has done. It's not just CO2.
>>
>>738434223
I'll die long before any climate change extremes happen, cry n bitch all you want but this isn't our problem, our problem is we didn't even try to send our slaves home after we were told we couldn't have them, fucked up everything
>>
>>738438034
You talk about aerosol and microparticles? Then congrats, it has a big local impact, but after a few weeks, it is gone again. If you read the first paper, you would have read that too.
>>
>>738436136
Then do something about it.
>>
>>738438088
Yes we did... they just didn't want to go back.
>>
>>738437792
>>738437792
I understand where you're coming from but no proof there still. Could have some effect or could be completely coincidental.
>>
>>738438156
This kids retarded, and so is half the people viewing this shit, climate change isn't the problem, it's the IMMIGRANTS
>>
>>738437841
To quote a conservative favorite: There is no free lunch. Why some people expect one is beyond me, particularly since they happily pay for their gas.

The scientists don't make the budget or pocket the profits.
>>
File: 1499413946928.jpg (104KB, 667x448px)
1499413946928.jpg
104KB, 667x448px
>>738437792
>Note the direct correlation between temperature
noted.
And you note the saying: Correlation does imply shit but at least not causality.
>>
>>738438156
Look at china one of the biggest places for CO2 bogeyman. The only thing happening there is smog, no eradicate weather changes no record breaking hot and cold. The weather there is the same.
>>
>>738438009
> reads on UN website that "x", accepts it 100%
> insults others for "not thinking for themselves"

Point and laugh at the retard children, point and laugh.
>>
>>738438315
>>738438213
So if you get slapped in the face do you think it's a coincidence that your face hurts afterwards? No cause and effect whatsoever?
>>
half of the people in this thread would be the type on a sinking boat in the middle of the ocean, noticing it going lower into the water and then say "well boats naturally go up and down with the motion of the waves"
>>
>>738436675
Unlike deniers, who's "beliefs" are based on a preconceived conclusion. Real scientists regularly modify their conclusions as more/better data is available. The net result is that the longer something is studied the more complete the understanding. To non scientists this looks like flip flopping or incompetence. In reality it's merely the scientific method at work. The scientific consensus for human influenced climate change is as strong as the scientific consensus that cigarettes are bad for your health.
>>
>>738438390
Yes, they have extreme climate change. Could also post the rain change.
https://qz.com/764121/air-pollution-in-china-is-making-cities-hotter/
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep15998
>>
>>738437792
Fucking imagine this if you will, and your graph even confirms it. About 167 years ago, that be 1850 we started to slowly emerge out of a mini ice age. Recorded temps and weather only goes back to about and or around 1880. What the fuck did you expect to see in a graph of average yearly temps from then til now, you fucking brain dead moron?
>>
>>738438390
>>Look at China
>> Climate
>>Mfw climate is local weather now
>>
>>738438470
When slapped there is evidence it has happened and that the hand is directly responsible for causing the pain.
>>
>>738437780
>You should follow your own advice dipshit
you mean that one:
> think for yourself
?
oh right, you cant follow that advice.
>>
>>738438390
>Smog
You should look up that word and how smog effects weather
>>
I'm not a denier, but I am a skeptic. A convincing case has been made to me by a scientist (not a climate expert but someone who knows the general science involved well enough) that there are so many variables in correctly modeling and predicting the Earth's climate that we just can't be that sure about the predictions. They may be right but they may not be, and there's no way to test it except to wait and see if it pans out.

Add to that the US political culture that punishes any doubt or dissent from the prevailing wisdom about climate change, an anti-scientific mindset, and I just dislike the whole thing.

Also I'm a liberal.
>>
>>738434223

Just don't give a single fuck. Even if it's true I just plan on fucking not having any kids or getting married which would ruin that. So in the distant future when it actually matters I'll be a long forgotten pile of bones just like the rest of you.
>>
>>738434223
The only ones denying it are the scumbags in the fossil fuel industry. Everyone else is smart enough to know better (well, maybe not the South/Midwest).
>>
>>738437792
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
>>
>>738437607
Think for myself? Why? Because you regurgitated a few petroleum industry talking points in my face. You need to set down the koolaid and take a step back.
>>
>>738435198
lol. Lying convicted right wing scumbag.

Ok, it is ad hominem, but this guy has such a shitty record of lies and right wing nutjobbery that you have to think he is hardly a good source for anything.
>>
Climate changes all the time through out all of history. Climate change is just a scam for the government's of the world to get richer and keep the poor in their place.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>738437607
>Offers hive mind neo con framework thinking
>No unique thought
>No supporting documentation valuable or of any type.
>Total "If I repeat it enough, it will be true" Trumptality. Marketing 101.
>"This Kool-Aid helped me Break free and think for myself. *sip*"
>pic related.

Show some original thought when you spout off your cult's values.
>>
File: 1499383764947.gif (763KB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
1499383764947.gif
763KB, 286x210px
>>738436841
>mfw I try to understand what you're saying
Dumb it down for us bud, unless you're getting puss for sounding like a faggot when you "prove" your point
>>
>>738438713
I didn't say they look similar, I said they DIRECTLY CORRELATE. The years one increase, so does the other. The year one decreases, so does the other. Its not a coincidence, it is directly evident.
>>
>>738436420
not even that.

climate change is desertifying north africa already and making it impossible to live in middle east - mass death or movement (or both) are imminent within a decade - Europe is about to be swamped. And it will mean war...
>>
>>738434223
well the earths climate has and will be changing forever; or at least until the planet isn't here anymore, so its impossible to deny it. as for humanities carbon footprint etc, just looking at the problem rationally, developing countries are unlikely to favour the planet over developing industry, and developed countries have a responsibility to provide citizens a certain quality of life and stability. so before even reviewing the evidence of climate change it is feasibly unrealistic to expect large amount of change in the way any nation operates purely because of climate change without highly authoritarian restrictions to industry. the government should be offering extremely strong tax breaks and incentives to companies who R&D renewable energy and lower carbon footprint machines and transport, as otherwise there is definitely a sense that irreversible catastrophic damage could be done to this planet in the medium-long term that will pose threats to humanity.
>>
>>738438543
>extreme climate change
Maybe to you and me but that is normal to there country and it always has been. The fact we are in a changing point in are weather has no ground for this man made climate change.
>>
>>738438528
Funny how a gag order was placed on the EPA about climate change data,lol.
>>
Climate change deniers are just gulible people who have been memed by propaganda machines like Steven Crowder and Alex Jones into thinking that it's some sort of global conspiracy to tax everyone to death and put us in fema camps.
>>
Of course there is climate change we are on a living planet.
But humans aren't the cause of it it's completely normal.
>>
>>738438753
You dodge my valid points by claiming I'm spouting fossil fuel talking points, which is what is always done when you guys are challenged. I do not deny that the climate is changing because it is. At the same time, I will not claim or support that it is man made when there is precisely %0 evidence.
>>
>>738438753
How truly spoken by the supporters of the scare tactics of a chicken little like crowd, " think for myself, why?" ..........and boom there you have it, it has to be true I see and hear of it at every turn and I in every news story and weather related event. Didn't you ever wonder why every time you hear the sky is falling they repeat it louder, and louder with more fake so called facts. Same tactics Joseph Goebbels used during the rule of the Nazis, . Who said the world learned nothing from Hitler and company.
>>
I don't deny that we are killing this planet.. But I do not believe it is because of "greenhouse gases" lmfao it's because we are depleting the ozone which is supposed to protect us from the sun's heat and ultraviolet radiation. So we are literally going to get cooked alive by the sun.
>>
>>738439079

[citation needed]
>>
>>738438528
>consensus
There is not such thing as a "consensus" science is science. It doesn't matter who under the payroll or who being funded by who. There is no such thing as a "consensus"
>>
>>738439045
I wouldn't call growing deserts and an average 7 degree celcius more in cities than in surrounding rural areas as natural, but some may see it that way.
>>
>>738436841
ok, reading your dense and slightly poorly worded thesis I got this point out of it - that plants use CO2 and we breathe out CO2. And you suggest that this is all in balance.

Sadly it isn't. We have recently burned billions of tons of carbon that was locked in the earth as fossil fuels. so we have put much more intot he air than just our breath, and much more than the plants need or can use. To recover this we would have to cover the entire planet with redwoods 200 feet tall. It is way beyond balance levels.
>>
>>738438961
Show me any substantial proof?
>>
>>738439192

Nope. The trend in the ozone layer has been reversed by the CFC ban, and the ozone layer has revered quite nicely since. It's almost as if the foremost experts on earth's climate know a thing or two.
>>
>>738439154
How do you not see that correlation?
>>
>>738439205
? What do you mean?
>>
>>738436924
a> false in every part (apart presumably about you not eating beef)

b> even if true, climate change would still be real and a problem, so your points are hardly relevant.
and c>
>>
File: 1499685943144s.jpg (1KB, 37x45px)
1499685943144s.jpg
1KB, 37x45px
>>738434270
>Because we have gone through ice ages
humans didn't go through them
>>
>>738434223
>why are you a climate change denier?

You're an asshole. "Manmade climate change" is a control mechanism, it's an economic bubble based on the non-delivery of an intangible. It's total fucking bullshit.
>>
>>738436924
That's methane
>>
>>738439229
>growing deserts
>growing deserts
So the fact every image or video on climate change shows water rising a little and plant growth in places that were once barren. It is no more different the when the dinosaurs where alive.
>>
>>738439293
Can't anymore, EPA was given a gag order. I wonder why?
>>
>>738439359
It means "broaden your vocabulary you illiterate mongoloid".
>>
>>738439298
Bullshit.. You fucking dick pincher... You're retarded. The ozone is being further depleted day by day. It's called ozone depleting aerosols.. which are used on the daily. Give your head a shake you fucking halfwit.
>>
>>738439410
Yep
>>
>>738439300
Just because things coincide, does not mean they are connected.
>>
>>738439452
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>738439445
>tfw climate change killed the dinosaurs
>>
>>738436942
>the founder of the weather channel
who is not an expert on climate.

And no one is claiming that previous CO2 highs were man made - they happened under very different circumstances in the history of the planet.

Where do you think the CO2 is coming from now if it isn't human activity?
>>
>>738434223
I mean, the climate is changing. Always has, always will. Nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>738439507
That's a very laweristic dodge. What standard of proof would you require? Perhaps when your street starts looking like Venice.
>>
>>738439445
What kind of argument should this be?
>Water rising a little
Rising water level reduces the amount of freshwater we have
>Plant growth
Nope, not happening with growing barren lands
>When dinos were alive
Nope again, when dinos were alive, our continents were at different positions and had different climate. It was all one super hot tropic area.
>>
>>738439577
Who the fuck said anything about climate change killing the dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs where living in a era where CO2 was the highest, Sure didn't kill them of affect then.
>>
>>738439452
Why whould I need to use citation in that sentence?
>>
>>738437607

Just come out and say it. You don't want liberals to have any of your money.

You are already paying for coal and oil subsidies, and for all the healthcare costs that fossil fuels bring with them, so the cost clearly isn't the actual issue. There is an alternative (which isn't free) but will probably save you money in the long run. Even forgetting the environment. But it includes some liberal snowflakes making bank in the process, which I can understand is very inconvenient.
>>
>>738439448
To get rid of all the red tape and restrictions on business, which will open the markets up to growth from New companies and company expansions. Also they were very inefficient in protecting the environment, because we are having to have this convo.
>>
>>738439293
This thread has plenty of it despite USA's current government removing the bulk of it.

It's your argument that lacks proof of anything beyond anonymous forum posts
>>
>>738439154
Because they aren't valid points. Show me your data and I guarantee I can trace it back to cherry picked studies paid for by the petroleum industry. They've spent millions on a massive misinformation campaign which you are a victim of. The debate has been over for more than a decade. They take a big pile of scientific data, keep anything they can use to "prove" their preconceived conclusion, throw out any data that disagrees, and publish it as a new study. Almost without exception all papers denying climate change are created this way. You're being duped, and your ego is too fucking big for you to admit it even to yourself.
>>
>>738439740
Because a premise presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
>>
>>738439735
I didn't say co2 killed the dinosaurs, I said climate change did.
>>
>>738437792
Now show us the exact same fluctuation thousands of years ago before cars, emission, and any real human influence had an effect.
Dipshit.
>>
>>738439293
substantial proof that your post was simply nothing more than the Trump Nipple Drip you've been drinking?

I mean, really?

You can tell people to think for themselves using the same general non-unique mentality you're trying to combat, but no one will take you seriously.
>>
>>738439615
>A man who's job is to watch the weather as no right talking about climate change
>>
>>738439663
I am just not willing to support something that's going to cost myself and everyone else an overwhelming amount of money when there is nothing that shows we've caused it or that this money will goto plans that will fix it.
>>
>>738440037

See:

>>738439745
>>
>>738439935
Pssst nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>738439776
>Erasing sound scientific data will be good for the market.
Yes, exactly. That's why they're doing it. And we will all be worse off for it.
>>
>>738440037
What good is money when life on the planet is unsustainable?
>>
>>738434409

>implying that board is full of truth

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid and slaying your strawmen.
>>
>>738439857
Well there are 0 evidence that humans are responsible for the global warming and there is a fuck load of evidence there is climate change without humans.
You heard of the ice ages? Yeah there been a few and if your not in an ice age you are coming out of one witch means it gets hotter up until the breaking point where a new one starts.
Seriously people you don't know how earth work's?
>>
>>738439728
>Rising water level reduces the amount of freshwater we have
Water has been rising for a lot longer then you and me and for a lot longer then cars have been a thing.
>Nope, not happening with growing barren lands
Water coming up on land become filtered just like are already fresh water, just like rain water. It will allow plants to grow in places like Africa and Australia.
When the dinosaurs where a live there was more CO2 in the air then there is now, It allowed plants to grow. It doesn't matter where are land was the CO2 was all over the globe.
>>
>>738440135
How will this result in us being worse off?
>>
>>738440277
Check the EPA data. Oh, wait.
>>
One last argument. I'll even provide the NASA sources. If you don't trust NASAs data, then I have nothing to argue.

1 The global temperature is getting warmer at an increasing rate.
One again, there is no certainty as to why, as there are no methods to test this, proof for increasing temp here.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

Past temps https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/schmidt_01/

2 Carbon dioxide is increasing, see below

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/

3 greenhouse gases (CO2) hold in heat and let light through. More CO2, more insulation. Like making the glass thicker on a greenhouse.

https://climatekids.nasa.gov/greenhouse-effect/

All of this has been proven. What hasn't been proven is why there is a correlation.

There are no methods to directly test climate change theory, however we know the earth is getting warmer and need to find a solution. 98/100 experts agree that this is the most likely cause.

Just tell me what you think is causing a global temperature rise, and I'll entertain the idea.
>>
>>738434700

>still believing the 97% lie
>exaggerating the lie to 99%

kek

>the sea levels are rising!

I go back to the same beach 20 years later and the high tide mark is still the same.
>>
File: 144478.jpg (14KB, 480x360px)
144478.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>738439728
Where are the growing barren lands?
I know there is some land that is being warmed up in Russia and becoming arable again
Overall plants like CO2 and this could be an opportunity
>>
>>738440037
"Nothing that shows we've caused it"

Nothing except massive piles of peer reviewed scientific data you mean? But we can just disregard all that, because some guy on the internet says it's all a hoax. He's got a pretty cool graph that proves it's all bullshit too... For Fucks Sake what the hell is wrong with you people?
>>
Take a hard look at many of the climate change deniers and you'll find out that they are either idiots, conspiracy theorists, and or wealthy tycoons who's profits will be harmed if we push for green energy

Trump: Said that China invented climate change so they could beat us in an economic race
He's also a multi-billion dollar company owner and president, so his profits and friends will be harmed if a carbon tax or oil production decreases
Rex Tillerson: Said that humans don't contribute to increased carbon in the atmosphere
Former CEO of Exxon Mobile now head of the EPA he has also sued them on multiple occasions for cutting into his profits, called for a gag order on data in climate change

The list goes on and on. You are working ignorantly on behalf of massive companies and oil tycoons
>>
>>738440344
Look at all the sea level areas around the planet. Sea level rises, people move away. Overcrowding, starvation, social imbalance, etc.
>>
>>738440364
Go to the Maldive Islands and say that.
>>
>>738440249
I understand that if the planet goes to shit money is nothing but a waste. I also understand that if these people are wrong on their theories we would have wasted trillions of dollars on nothing. That's why I ask for substantial proof, not just someone saying the government is hiding all the evidence.
>>
>>738440277
> Seriously people you don't know how earth work's (sic)

You're breaking with the narrative pal, supposedly nobody knows and won't ever know, because it's impossible to understand the earth's climate. That's why the evidence presented so far is so easily dismissed by the deniers.

So which is it? Do we understand the climate (and therefore have lots of evidence) or don't we?
>>
>>738440315
>>Rising water level reduces the amount of freshwater we have
>Water has been rising for a lot longer then you and me and for a lot longer then cars have been a thing.
And how does that refute my point?

>>Nope, not happening with growing barren lands
>Water coming up on land become filtered just like are already fresh water, just like rain water. It will allow plants to grow in places like Africa and Australia.
Kek, are you retarded? Water contaminated with sea water lets no plant grow. And the increased sea water doesn't matter, we use more than double the water it is raining down. That is where desertification is from. No rain can stop that.

>When the dinosaurs where a live there was more CO2 in the air then there is now, It allowed plants to grow. It doesn't matter where are land was the CO2 was all over the globe.
Again doesn't refute my point. Without water no plants. Plants grew although big heat because tropic climate with a lot of rain, because position of contintents.
>>
>>738440515
Doesn't the sea rise very slowly in any case?
>>
>>738440610
Believe me, we have wasted more money on worse.
>>
>>738440673
At the rate we pollute it will increase more and more.
>>
File: dump.jpg (60KB, 640x480px)
dump.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
Because oil companies pay me
>>
File: co2 per capita.png (104KB, 922x625px) Image search: [Google]
co2 per capita.png
104KB, 922x625px
Amerikkka should invest in public transport
>>
>>738435198
>Dinesh D'Souza
>credible sourcing

At least in my reeducation camp aka university I learn how to weed out bs sources
>>
File: 1499382820644.jpg (25KB, 470x313px)
1499382820644.jpg
25KB, 470x313px
I love all the

>think for yourself

Like I give a fuck what Jerry TrailerTrash's opinion is vs studies done by people that went to school for year and have dedicated their lives to research.

Then you got all the jews like "but muh money, taxes are so much I won't be able to afford to live!" boo-fucking-hoo you probably waste your money on stupid shit already might as well spend it on society in the off chance Jerry was wrong.

What's the worst that's gonna happen?
Climate change is real
>you were thinking for yourself n shit now everything is fucked

Climate change is fake
>you wasted money oh noes!

You faggots make it seem like some guys are gonna come to your house and beat you up for your wallet so they can buy solar panels or some shit

Kys
>>
>>738440515
Didn't the leader of this movement, Gore, say that all of Greenland would be melted by 2017 which would cause the sea levels to rise until ground zero was flooded?
>>
>>738440837
How is china that low on the list. There is chinese smog in la ffs
>>
>>738440515
Also weren't hurricanes supposed to increase in frequency?
>>
>>738440650
The fact all land mass has come from the ocean at one point now has fresh water on it. It gets filtered.
wew lad i wounder how i got all these fruits and vegetables.
>>
>>738440956
There are serious costs to this stuff tho
>people lose jobs
>expensive energy kills old people
>less money for other stuff
>underdevelopment of Africa

I mean there are serious trade-offs
Need to be sure it's worth it for the amount of damage done by warming
>>
>>738440956
in the coming years they will not beat you, but a judge will force you to do it
>>
>>738440611
Another person who doesn't understand how science works.
>>
>>738441058
There is no "leader". This is generally excepted by roughy 97% of the scientific community. The only holdouts are the scientists whoring themselves for the energy companies. Like how doctors for big tobacco claimed smoking wasn't bad for you,
>>
Anyone got a date for when Obama is coming for our guns?
>>
>>738441120
Warmer weather = more hurricanes
>>
>>738440686
Agreed, but instead of continuing those habits, we should become economically responsible.
>>
>>738441121
>The fact all land mass has come from the ocean at one point now has fresh water on it. It gets filtered.
Are you really retarded? I will repeat it again: It gets only "filtered" through rain and we use more freshwater than is raining down, using our freshwater reservours leading to deserts.
>>
File: 1498507690660-b.gif (18KB, 186x40px)
1498507690660-b.gif
18KB, 186x40px
It will get cold in the winter, quit being pussies and just wait it out.
>>
>>738440611
We do understand the climate changes are natural. Just look at a graf over the temperature change over the last 10million year's or so and you'll get it.
It's just a fear tactic like hell or any other bullshit to keep people in check while making alot of money.
>>
>>738441120
There was a hurricane last winter! In fucking winter!
>>
>>738441295
Pretty sure this is bait, I don't think I can express my point any clearer.
>>
File: pirate.jpg (146KB, 1828x1120px)
pirate.jpg
146KB, 1828x1120px
There just simply aren't enough pirates to stop climate change
>>
>>738441131

What, you think those windmills and solar panels are going to build and install themselves? Or are those jobs not "real" enough because they don't involve million year old animal corpses?

> expensive
That just means well paying jobs all around! Oh, wait, 1%, right.
>>
>>738441591
That is pretty unfunny, at least post a graph with real correlation.
>>
>>738441319
You are actually a fool.
Where do you think rain comes from, The ocean. do you see plants on the east and west coast dying from the rain, Do you see the amazon dying from the rain. Where do you think the lakes come from, rivers come from, the ocean, rain from the ocean. Plants have no problem drinking it. The ground filters it the plants filter it.
>>
>>738438259
(Some) Scientists DO get a lot of money for their research and so have an incentive to cheat (the system).
>>
>>738441591
LMAO
>>
>>738441131
How will people lose jobs?

CO2 emissions get cut... What does that mean for jobs?

Why does electricity get more expensive? Green energy can be cheaper once it has proper investment. Not to mention the lack of gas/coal burning will cut down on CO, NOx and PM pollution which will increase public health and take some of the burden off the healthcare industry.

Also what does "underdeveloped Africa" mean?
>>
>>738437385
false

do some research
>>
>>738441264
He broke into my house like 2 weeks ago. Guns are now missing.
>>
>>738441722
>I was only pretending
Fuck off or start talking about arguments instead of dodging them.
>>
File: ....jpg (135KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
135KB, 267x400px
>>738441826
All the miners you throw out of work

>Green energy can be cheaper once it has proper investment.
It rarely works out that way. Many countries in Europe had very expensive energy
>>
>>738441386
What was the last hurricane before Frances? Also keep in mind that gore spoke about the coming increase in frequency around the time Katrina hit.
>>
>>738441379

Do we? Seems like you are extrapolating future events from past observations, exactly what climate scientists are doing. Except they don't stop when the results become inconvenient (= the last ~100 years).
>>
>>738434223
The climate is changing but humans aren't the cause. We don't currently have the tech to change a climate at will but 200 years from now I am sure we will
>>
>>738441379
The "Grafs" show the global temperature is increasing like it never has before.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

Past temps https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/schmidt_01/

>inb4 shilling for NASA
>>
>>738441906
The only person "dodging" would be you. Your hole argument is water from the ocean will not allow plant life to grow in places like Africa and Australia.
>>
>>738442050
We have the highest fidelity measurements now
>>
>>738441737
Prove it retard. Which scientists are lying? Why hasn't any proof come out about this global conspiracy?
>>
>>738441737

Oh no! Some scientists are looking out for their paychecks, those assholes! Clearly it's a better idea to listen to the CEOs who have a legally binding obligation to maximize corporate and shareholder profits at any cost.
>>
>>738434223
1. because I'm not a pussy follower.
2. Because the climate changes naturally.
3. Because everything Al Gorey said has proven false
4. Because 30 years ago the same "scientists" claimed the world was cooling
5. Because UN climate change "scientists" have been busted admitting that it is just a global redistribution plot
6. Because I know human nature and scientists are humans
7. Because the snowflakes that advocate for global warming are all such crybaby losers who think that yelling and insulting are their best debate tools
8. Because in real science the debate is NEVER over
>>
>>738442050
>The "Grafs" show the global temperature is increasing like it never has before.
So the world right now is the hottest it's ever been.
>>
Why are "we" against climate change, anyway? Are there perhaps reasons to embrace it? Tell me some, please!
>>
>>738442095
And I fucking repeat for the third time:
And an increased sea water level wouldn't. Those countries are using more (you know that word?) water than is raining down by taking water from their reserviours destrying the water sources for plants making deserts grow.

Do you think plants magically grow with increased salt water level? Then you should ask your parents if they tested you.
>>
>>738441925
All the miners? Bullshit. The coal industry is so automated that arbys hires more people. What about new areas of work? Solar installers, wind turbine repair? Are robots going to do that? Eventually. But until then, stop shilling for the economic boogieman that is coal miners out of work.
>>
>>738437607
>not thinking for himself
>asks people to think for themselves
>calls out there is no proof
>ignores all the proof

thinking for yourself or researching for yourself is what you can do when you're an actual scientist and not a fucking hillbilly redneck smartphoning through the internet. look at evidence troll
>>
File: 1495054319986.gif (787KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495054319986.gif
787KB, 480x360px
>>738442201
>>
I don't deny "climate change" I deny that putting shit in a green bin makes a blind bit of difference.
>>
>>738438586
do you even read numbers. this graph ends in the year 2000. problems really only started back then but its already clearly to see
>>
>>738442215

When you factor all the worlds temperatures together, yes.

Jesus Christ... Its like talking to a Pug. We are talking about global average temperature.
>>
>>738442260
climate warming is higher further from the equator. So cold climates with difficult growing seasons become farming land and more comfortable for living while the hotter equator areas change very little. The livable space on the globe increases with global warming
>>
I don't deny climate change. I am merely aware that government cannot fix anything.
>>
>>738442416
Either bait, or the highest functional level of retardation I've yet to see.
>>
>>738442292
You really think if sea levels rise that over night plant life will grow, Are you fucking retarded. If the ocean raises it will give birth to rivers over time animals come, die and give nutrients to the soil. Then seeds will come with the wing and land in that soil. More animals will come to eat the seeds and plants, Both plats and animals will die and more nutrients will go into the soil promoting growth in those places.
>>
File: 1496339511314.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496339511314.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
>>738442201

>Al Gore

You stupid americunt... A fucking politician turned into an intention whore is your reference about global warming ?

I can't stand anymore your fucking country.
>>
LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM
>>
>>738442292
nice theory. what's your source? Bill the not a real scientist guy?
>>
>>738442519
Truer words have not been spoken.
>>
>>738434223
I am not a climate change denier, I just know it isn't entirely caused by Man. The planet goes through periods of high CO2 emmisions which we happen to be going through now. Yes humans without a doubt are contributing but nit enough to cause the changes we see. That's inevitable. Even with no human contribution CO2 will rise during this phase. Any of you fuckers actually study this in college or are we simply butthurt teenager know it alls?
>>
>>738442473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6YTHi915rQ
>>
Let me explain this in layman's terms for the retards.

There's fumes in the air that allow heat onto our planet quickly, but slowly out of the planet. The world can fluctuate as much as it likes, there's still a shitload of little faggot gasses in our air that will, in big enough numbers, trap heat. The world is spinning and changing seasons, but those little faggot CO2 gasses are still there, allowing in more heat than they allow to escape.

That's why it's so fucking goddamn retarded when people say "Ha, we had a big winter this year, take that global warming." That's how the fucking world works, it spins and we have some crap on it and now some idiots think they're smarter than scientists because they saw a YouTube video once and have a vendetta against that sissy Al Gore
>>
>>738442157
>Prove it retard. Which scientists are lying?
Wrong question!

> Why hasn't any proof come out about this global conspiracy?
Wrong question no. 2!
>>
>>738442579
Shit tier bait
>>
>>738437792
all this data has been fudged...

nothing to see here.
>>
>>738442201

Were your parents related? Like before they were married?

Give me some of these sources and I promise, I will completely change my stance. The scientists for cooling, the UN climate change scientists. You know. Also, Gore sucks, everyone knows.
>>
>>738442162
>CEOs
They have an incentive to lie, too. I don't believe both sides. (And, yes, that's possible!)
>>
>>738434700
99% except for 38000 scientists that say there is no evidence of manmade climate change. Let's not talk about them though it's too problematic.
>>
>>738442407
thank you. thank you. For my encore I will play the world's smallest violin to sooth Gaea, the god of global warming FOLLOWERS.
>>
>>738442721
>Bait
Go back to school.
>>
>>738435757
Probably goes down smoother this way.
>>
>>738442641
I think your arguing for the sake of arguing. You can't possibly be this dense.
>>
>>738441115
Because China is actually investing a shit fucking ton of money in green energy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-161637.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-161637.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>738442847
Who needs school when I can be a retard like you and make up my own facts and assertions.
>>
>>738442518
O.k., that's a plus. Or a minus, because I don't want higher summer temperatures here in southern Northern Europe.
>>
>>738442715

What? I ask questions and you say I'm wrong? Jesus Chris.
>>
File: 1483064946013.jpg (6KB, 225x225px)
1483064946013.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>738440315
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>then
>>
>>738442775

And there's where you lost the thread. The two sides are not remotely equal and you are doing your intellect an enormous disservice by lumping them together.
>>
>>738442743
How do you know this?
>>
>>738442883
Yawn...no argumentative skills. Try again young friend.
>>
>>738442581
Well it was 1 of 8 soooo you stupid or something?
>>
>>738443021
At this point I have a better shot arguing with my lamp.
>>
>>738442581
Al Gorey is the global warming Nelson Muntz. He led more sheep to the slaughter than any supposed "scientist". He used shame to make little school kids think that if they didn't follow then they would be outcast, mocked, and discriminated against. I would list Ottmar Edenhofer but you wouldn't know that name.
>>
>>738442621
>Not reading the thread
Great mang, already posted a paper on desertification, but here another one
http://aquaknow.jrc.ec.europa.eu/sites/default/files/current_water_resources_europeafrica.pdf

>>738442579
>citation on increased number of rivers needed
You know, the temperature is the cause for increased sea water level and it will vaporize more rainwater leading to salination.
Also those areas will not get much rainfall. Look at cloud movement in the sahara. Most clouds are raining of at the coast, nothing would change that.
>>
>>738443080
Because it won't try to refute your stance?
>>
>>738441642
Tree corpses, but otherwise correct!
>>
>>738442946
I made a general point about systems. You asked for specific details about persons. I'd def. call that "the wrong questions"!

Yes, I DO NOT know the name of such a scientist. I don't know the name of any bank robber or pilot, either.
>>
>>738442992
>The two sides are not remotely equal
Why should that be so?
>>
>>738443173
I get an equally intelligent response.
>>
>>738434223
>We're going into an ice age.
>No, it's global warming.
>No, it's climate change.

Earth is always in a state of change. Geological, atmospheric or otherwise. Kill yourself - save the planet.
>>
>>738442201
All the proof we need is your number one reason. Your beliefs are based on ego rather than reason. Aka you're a fucking retard...
>>
>>738442771
Bullshit. you are not interested in truth. You are a religious follower, a sheep, of Gaia, the earth god. You can not be swayed by reason. You would only deny facts. So what is my motivation for spending the 10 minutes needed to prove the case?
>>
>>738442793
Source?
>>
>>738442581
>turn into an intention
Yep, nuff said.
>>
>>738443021
No I see it too, you really did have nothing to say and wanted to say something. It's not like it's a big deal, we all do it sometimes.
>>
>>738443316
rate of change dickwad , rate of change
>>
Why is the climate change denier side not posting any sources or studies at all?
>>
>>738443456
Because you've been around... how long. Oh, thats right. Must be nice being this young and not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground.
>>
>>738443482
They're to find the 1 or 2 scientists out of 10,000 that attempts to make a case.
>>
>>738437607
>>738435893
>>Natural temperature changes
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/earth_temperature_timeline.png
>>
>>738443395
I understand your pain. What you are dealing with is a willful but insecure individual. He wants to be part of the group that proves all those scientists wrong, then mommy and daddy will respect him.
>>
Oldfag here remembering the hole in the ozone layer. The hole world was screaming the sky is falling and it was because of hairspray, fridges and car's. MFW it turned out to be the sun.... And now it's stabilised again.
It's all bullshit, planet is alive and does shit to the climate with or without humans, we are not even remotely significant to make a difference for or against the forces of nature.
What we can do tho is trick a bunch of stupid scard cat's in to paying a fuck load of panick money for nothing.
>>
>>738443422
Yawn...I seem to have struck a chord. I can tell you are underage, my friend. No need to pretend you are any smarter than a young child. We can all tell by your poor argumentative skills, of which there are none to speak of. But please do continue.
>>
File: Eat Shit.png (176KB, 720x324px) Image search: [Google]
Eat Shit.png
176KB, 720x324px
>>738443590
>>
>>738443395
So... You're not posting anything?

I promise I'm going to be completely honest for the next paragraph.
Really, this is your chance to win an argument, and change a persons mind completely. If there was a remote chance that, you should take it.I care about facts above all else. If I learned that this was a global conspiracy and that I was hoodwinked, I would accept it.

On a side note, no one gives a fuck about the earth. No one who talks about climate change does. The earth will be fine. Its the humans that will die off. That's what I care about
>>
>>738443658
Ugh your the worst troll I seen in a long time.
>>
>>738443318
To elaborate on #1:
The left uses shame (like calling people retards) to keep the masses in line. It works. Look at the battle against smoking. 30 years ago it was considered cool to hang a cigarette out of one's mouth like the Marlboro Man. Thru shame campaigns that has totally reversed. Now they use the same shame campaigns to belittle anyone who dares to ask what every real scientist is supposed to ask: "is it real"? Obviously the left is on the wrong side on this one, and anyone who follows is a coward. I am not a coward. I am not a pussy follower
>>
>>738443822
There a source for this? Or were you having some fun with Microsoft office?
>>
>>738443658
>Yawn...I seem to have struck a chord

What? I agree with you, but you had nothing to say.
>>
Is there any possibility to change our industrial producation, our consumption habits, our energy ressourcey in a way that satisfies ALL groups: climate change deniers, sceptics of human responsibility in climate change, and proponents of anthropogene change?
>>
>>738443898
So in other words, you've exhausted any means for a logical argument.
>>
>>738442793

science is not a popularity contest...

it only takes one scientist to disprove all others..
>>
>>738434700
So now it's 99% up from 97%? Which was a bullshit number to start with? If you want to give away all of your wealth and live in a hut with the other beta plebs you can do so, that's your choice. However don't expect us to join in with your willful autism
>>
>>738434223
Because 7347000000 faggots in this planet is the real problem not a bit of warm
>>
>>738444159
This is why inbreeding was outlawed.
>>
>>738443898
You're talking about emotional manipulation keeping you down when in reality it's the utterly overwhelming scientific consensus. You're getting angry at facts, so we call you stupid. Then you complain about us shaming you. Hilarious, have some more shame, there's endless research you can do on the subject that will lead you to the obvious answer.
>>
>>738443833
I am just one individual, not a representative for other "global warming deniers" I do not believe in any grand conspiracy. I too only care about the truth. I can't be belittled or shamed into following. Calling me a "denier" is clearly intended to shame me and anyone else who dares to question. However, if I am a denier, then I would accuse the "believers" of being irrational religious followers. One can not rationally prove to a cult follower that their god is not real. It is not productive.
>>
>>738444225
only morons believe in a scientific consensus

if something is true, it doesn't need a consensus, it has hard, irrefutable facts to back it up..
>>
>>738438528

*"Scientists" in fear of their livelihood regularly manipulate the data

ftfy
>>
>>738434223
record winter temperatures all over the world. no actual science to back up anything related to climate change other than "there's a hole in muh ozone!"

you're not going to make a difference even if it does exist. focus on your gay rights some more
>>
>>738444162
>Based
>>
>>738444339
Yeah, those irrefutable facts were conveniently purged. What do you make of that?
>>
>>738444225
ah "scientific consensus" the catch phrase of politicians pretending to be scientists. No real scientist EVER would use that word. It is meaningless. Theories, such as Einstein's theories of relativity, begin with one man. Consensus was against him. Consensus means nothing - less than nothing - to a scientist. Science is not democracy. There is no vote on truth. Consensus is a tool of politicians, a tool to shut up debate and belittle those who disagree.
>>
>>738438642

>Most reasonable post itt

Here's your (You), bro. I'm a little more on the right, but as long as there are reasonable people on both "sides", I still have hope. Bless!
>>
File: Image1325_shadow.png (327KB, 435x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Image1325_shadow.png
327KB, 435x1037px
>>738434223
Deny Climate Change ?

Because of shit like this anon... Because of shit like this.
>>
>>738444440

the only manipulation of facts has been due to the climate alarmists who get paid to find man made global warming...

their models have been wrong and their predictions have been wrong, but the only way they get paid is by finding more man made global warming...
>>
>>738444544
it isn't science. It is religion...actually more like a cult. Like cult followers they plug their ears when their doom and gloom prophecies prove false.
>>
>>738444638
How are you in ANY way qualified to discern what facts are and aren't true?What can you possibly base that statement on?
>>
File: 1499371506147.png (616KB, 553x898px)
1499371506147.png
616KB, 553x898px
I don't deny climate change; obviously, the climate changes.

I question how much of an impact humanity has on it. I understand from geological records that we are overdue for an ice age. I understand that before "global warming" was preached by the media, it was known as "global cooling". I also understand that less than 100 companies account for over 75% of the world's pollution and atmospheric CO2. Also, none of that matters, renewable energies are now cheaper in price to kilowatt hour than fossil fuels.

The earth experiences cyclical extinction events regardless of humanity's existence. All of your friends who are learning about permaculture and sustainability and drinking kombucha and advocating a return to nature would die in that extinction event even if they gave up their cars and society; which, I've noticed, they're also not willing to do.

I'm a hardcore alternative energy advocate, but I also try to approach each issue with objective reasoning. The people who are preaching climate change "science" to you are also the ones most responsible for pollution. The paris climate accord was written up solely to temporarily appease the people actually calling for change - the agreement actually does nothing. That was their intention.
>>
>>738439070

Climate change believers are just gulible people who have been memed by propaganda machines like Al Gore and Bill Nye into thinking that it's some sort of global conspiracy to sell petroleum and put us in Jesus camps.

>wow, i can make broad generalizations and unfounded assertions, and play with strawmen and stereotypes too!
>>
Pretty arrogant to think we can change the climate.
Pretty arrogant to think your solution will "fix" the climate.
I know a snake oil salesman when I see one.
>>
>>738434223
Because I want my death to be by my own hands
>>
Bill Nye said there's more than two genders so i guess that's absolute truth as well
>>
If we hadn't put so much ressources into developing IBMs and tamagotchis, we'd probably have fusion power by now and no need to burn coal or oil.
>>
>>738444785
Tell em Skeeter!
>>
>>738436274
Most other governments are doing a lot more, setting new goals and pouring billions into new renewable energy research, fuck even Shell(gas company) just released a public statement saying they are going to start moving towards renewable energies. You don't see anything in the US because it's the land of short term-big profit and paid politicians.
>>
>>738444726
there are two facts you need to acquaint yourself with:

1. The alarmists have been caught manipulating past climate data to make it appear as though temperatures are rising
2. the climate model that based temps on CO2 levels has been proven wrong for the last 20 years as CO2 keeps rising but temperatures have not
>>
>>738443258

Because one would be breaching a code of conduct by doing so, the other one is paid explicitly to do so and could possibly be terminated if he refused.

in other words, a scientist who lies to enrich himself is a traitor to his profession and would rightly be ridiculed.

A CEO who lies to enrich himself is literally just doing his job.
>>
>>738444473
>>738444473
Or maybe CO2 gasses do indeed trap in heat and we're releasing a shitload of it into the air.

Keep distracting the issue with politicality though. Notice how every single armchair climate change denier has a political agenda?
>>
It's called weather. It happens
>>
>>738445032
Yes, but companies investing into alternative energies is just good business sense. Solar price to kilowatt hour has surpassed fossil fuels. The free market dictates that if you want to make money you should invest in it, so companies that like to make money are investing in it. It has nothing to do with being green or saving the earth for them. They are also just making money.

Also, you see it a lot in the US. The US has some of the highest rates of alternative energy installations and, probably most importantly, civilian ownership of solar panels and the like. We have a Tesla gigafactory producing the best batteries and powerwalls for smart grid balancing..
>>
>>738445099
This. Global mean temperatures have not increased in recent history.

>>738445140
So, when the planet had more than five times the CO2 level of gas in the atmosphere all the dinosaurs drowned from global flooding, right?
>>
>>738445140
if you assume man-made climate change is real, do you think that giving more money to the government is the solution...because that is what this is all about...
>>
>>738445099
What the fuck are you talking about? Both of those "facts" are complete bullshit. Cite one fucking article to support either of those whoppers.
>>
>>738445143
WEATHER. WEATHER EVERYWHERE!
>>
the only legit climate deniers are sad middle-aged faggots that think giving something away is communism.

there is literally nothing wrong with "green" energy. its a positive because its renewable, cleans up our planet and creates a sustainable economy (jobs now and into the future).

either you're right and we make the world a far better and safer place for no reason, or you're wrong and humanity goes forward into a fucking dark future.

the "it costs too much" argument is fucking retarded, you'll never even notice the extra tax increase.
>>
>>738445243
its actually not good business sense...yet...

these renewable installations only 'work' because they attract government subsidies...

one day technology will provide nuclear fusion or cheap solar power and we can have as much energy as we want, but right now there is no escape from fossil fuels...
>>
>>738440837
There are over 1 billion of them and the majority live in poverty by our standards so less emissions per person even though total emissions are higher due to manufacturing
>>
>>738444290

we can rationally provide scientific proof of climate change climate deniers should be ashamed
>>
>>738444759
where is the thumbs up button...oh wait. This isn't facebook
>>
>>738445357

Look up "hide the decline" and "Mike's Nature Trick" and be educated...

https://climateaudit.org/2014/09/22/black-tuesday-of-climate-science/
>>
>>738445664
if you could, you would.
steers and queers and i haven't seen a damn horn in ages
>>
>>738445417
>giving something away is communism.
>muh universal healthcare
>muh free college
>muh entitlement
kek
>>
No one here believes in that shit. We are alt right and proud. Fuck everyone on the left. Legit start up a new concentration camp for them all :)
>>
>>738445664
you know you are on shaky ground when your main tool of persuasion is 'shame'
>>
>>738445664
Ah. shame. the tool of every propagandist. Sorry. science doesn't deal in shame. Only flat-earthers do. Throughout history scientists have had to fight against zealots like you who think that truth can be suppressed with shame.
>>
>>738445825
-your average denier, ladies and gentlemen.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.