[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is you biggest fear, /b/? I suffer from moderate to severe

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

File: 54364.jpg (60KB, 886x887px) Image search: [Google]
54364.jpg
60KB, 886x887px
What is you biggest fear, /b/?
I suffer from moderate to severe paranoia, I'll bump with some fears and their origins.
>>
Big fear of being silenced, unable to shout or scream or speak. Specifically in a situation in which I would need to obviously. Likely came from an experience where I watched my mother being beat nearly to death and I was frozen with fear. According to everyone else I was shouting, and the only one, but the feeling has really stuck with me.
>>
idk fucking bump bitch
>>
I fear puncture wounds. Not needles, but being stabbed/impaled by things.

I also have a degree in microbiology so I understand that puncture wounds are some of the most prone to infection. Every time I get a splinter or get poked by something sharp I have to wash it out really good and put antibiotics on it and I worry about it for a few days afterwards always checking for the first signs of infection when I change the bandage.

Was digging toe jam out from under my big toenail a few weeks ago and poked the skin under my toenail and it bled a little. It was pretty sore for a few days afterwards and for several nights in a row I had nightmares about it getting infected and doctors needing to amputate my entire foot.
>>
>>738209338
I have nightmares like that a lot. Where I'm either being attacked or something is happening where I need to take action to save myself or other people and I can't do anything. Can't yell for help or even lift my arms.
>>
>>738209893
I don't envy you, fortunately I don't dream very often. I've had a lot of experiences with sleep paralysis before, once while my home was having its entrances checked by a potential thief (I assume), I'll never forget that, absolute fear.
>>
>>738209572
That's both strange and interesting honestly. I get a lot of puncture wounds, I'm a big guy and I do a lot of manual labor. Never really think about that, maybe I should be giving my body more care.
>>
>>738210378
Start taking roids
>>
I have a rather severe fear I'm not entirely sure how to name. I have a lot of difficult drinking anything that is in a can or container that isn't transparent. My mind forces images of vile disgusting "things" sliding down my throat. I always put my drinks into glasses and press my tongue between my lips so nothing can get through other than the liquid. It's still rather uncomfortable, transparent liquids are the easiest for me so I drink mostly water.
>>
>>738208985
I have the very strange fear of pistons, i dont know how it started but almost every night i have horrible nightmares of pistons blowing holes in my body and i wake up feeling it always.
>>
File: 1234978546565.jpg (6KB, 179x188px) Image search: [Google]
1234978546565.jpg
6KB, 179x188px
>alligators
>crocodiles
>brain aneurysms
>>
>>738210378
Yeah I'm overly paranoid about infections. My friends make fun of me for how I put bandages on the smallest cuts. But I just can't stop worrying about it until I get it covered and some antibiotics on it.

But other than that I'm not paranoid about germs. I'm not a clean freak and I don't wash my hands compulsively or anything. I'm just paranoid about infection whenever something breaks my skin.

Can't explain it.
>>
File: BUG_veyron_10.jpg (107KB, 1560x940px) Image search: [Google]
BUG_veyron_10.jpg
107KB, 1560x940px
>>738211000
How many pistons are in your car? Or do you drive a rotary engine car or electric?

The Veyron has 16 pistons. If you see one, run!
>>
I never discuss my struggles with paranoia, not the kind of guy to bitch and I can control myself because I'm a big boy.

It inflates and invigorates such primal childish fears and I have no idea when it will overwhelm me.

Some nights I have to lock ever door, close all of the blinds, and sit against a wall so nothing can possibly be behind me nor stare in through blackened windows.

I'm not entirely sure where the fear of things behind me came from but the windows is likely from the previously mentioned experience with sleep paralysis.

I just have to tell myself the breath I feel on my neck as I type isn't real and there is nothing watching me. I can't keep checking.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>738211506
>>
>>738211248
How interesting. I'm in the Airborne infantry. Living in austere environments was a part of every day life. Getting poked or cut by your knife or cleaning rod, or getting burnt by spent brass. It's never bothered me.

I've had MRSA, giardia, malaria, salmonella. My job taking me to Gabon and my time at uni when I worked in Guatemala, they led to some pretty gnarly diseases. But I don't live in fear of it. You can't either. As a microbiologist, you know that there are multitudes of antibiotics. That you can't get wrapped in your head and never live.

Just think it through. If you're afraid of being punctured and then dying to some microbial infection, you'll never want to live a full life. You are so much more, and there is so much to see and for you to do. To experience.
>>
File: IMG_0851.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>738208985
My biggest fear is losing grasp of reality. Waking up in the same moment. Believing you are something you're not.

A while ago, I tried Salvia for the first time, and tripped so far iut of myself. I envisioned myself stapled to a wall, with an elephant head. I was on display as an art piece, and everyone I saw was just looking at me with such amusement and interest. When I finally came to, I realized my friends were the people I saw, but the feeling of being that elephant on the wall stuck to me. For months. I had accepted that as my reality, which is insane for a 5-10 minute trip. I accepted that I was an elephant on the wall, which was scary for me because I had to let go of my reality of being a free person. A human. That this had always been the way I was. After coming down, I was scared that I was just dreaming. That I would wake up in the room I was tripping in with my friends. It fucked me up hard. I felt like I lost my mind a little bit. I talked to myself as if I was talking to someone beyond this reality, to see if they could wake me up. Fine now, but that honestly would reduce me to a puddle of fear, if I were to wake up in that room one day.
>>
>>738211506
I dont have a specific engine im afraid of but i get very antsy around hotrods
>>
>>738208985
Dementia, runs in the family.
>>
>>738212701
Honestly really deep thoughts. I hope the fear isn't something that sticks with you in day to day life and if so I hope you find a way to remedy it.

I've always considered the concept of reality and my perception of it but I've never been afraid of it. The idea that someone who is mentally disabled or clinically insane has no idea that they are insane has always made me uneasy though. I have no way of proving that anything is more than chemicals in my brain generating what I perceive as reality.

Press your flesh against mine, tell me we're real, tell me I'm real. It means nothing.
>>
>>738213226
That's unfortunate, man. I'm sorry to hear that. That's really something that fucks up your relationships with people. I hope you die a happy death before your family has to memorize who you were instead of who you are. Keep some pictures of things you don't want to forget. Physical, polaroid is sturdy. Hope you never need them.
>>
>>738208985
heart attack

5'11" 140lbs skelly

mad anxiety 24/7
>>
File: IMG_2092.jpg (334KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2092.jpg
334KB, 1080x1080px
>>738213500
If I'm honest with myself, I wasn't ready for the salvia.

Clearly 20x was too much for first time.

Anyways, I'm past it. I eventually concluded that if I am to be dreaming or actually awake, either way I exist, so I should just go on and engage until I can't. It eventually added more color to my insight on life, but the fear has clung to my senses. Like bleach on black fabric. Besmirched to the point of no removal. Not undoable. Somewhere I have to exist, and if I can only exist here, I will act as if here is the only existence I own. Hopefully, no other existence reveals itself, but if it does -- and I hope it doesn't -- I will have to adjust. Cope with a new reality. Losing control is something everyone finds unsettling, but losing complete sight of reality is a whole new level I had never even thought of before.
>>
>>738214020
Rather normal BMI, I wouldn't think you have a high risk of having a heart attack at all. Exercise regularly and smoke little. No problem.
>>
>>738214245
I couldn't have said it better myself, my friend. Let us both continue to exist as if we exist purely in this form.
>>
File: 1496543576317.gif (36KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
1496543576317.gif
36KB, 200x146px
I've managed to relax a lot. Bad night for me and talking to you lads is doing a lot for me. I'm glad 4Chan exists.

N-no homo, /b/-/b/ros.
>>
>>738208985
>I used to think that I could bleed out from period's because my older sister told me that i could. (13-15) (retard i know)
>Any fucking Japanese Live Action horror film like the grudge absoultly filled me with nightmare's
>I cant watch any fucking horror movie before bed and if i even think about it i'm fucked for the night
>I fear ledges off cliffs to
>>
>>738215996
>>738215996
>I used to think that I could bleed out from period's because my older sister told me that i could. (13-15) (retard i know)
My sister believed this to but as the older brother i continued to feed these lies through making fake webpages about it. got so bad she cried like a baby once, Told mom, got grounded for a week
>>
I know thia is fucking cliche but i have a fear of being eaten alivw by like zombies, and fucking weepers from dishonored
but turning into one would be hot
>>
I have a fear of drowning in the ocean so bad whenever I try to sleep I wake up because I imagine drowning. I stay away from it and I drink until I can't dream but it's a huge problem - I assume I was an aquatic mammal in a past life that got drowned - I think a sperm whale because squid also freak me the fuck out.
>>
>>738217006
>but turning into one would be hot
as a zed no
Even if you have a vore fetish being a zombie is fucking gay you always rotting and dying
>9 fucking captchas wtf
>>
>>738217245
no vore dude thats shits wierd but likw walking around as a zombie is hot
>>
File: 1362877680945.gif (1MB, 281x219px) Image search: [Google]
1362877680945.gif
1MB, 281x219px
So, /b/, let's talk social clubs.

Social clubs may be tax exempt in the US, under 501 (c), and examples may include an amateur sports enthusiasts group, a golf club, bridge club, even a homeowners association.

They fall under safe harbor guidelines, and subject to the same restrictions as religion and charity groups. So pushing political candidates and shit like that.

Like a religion, the IRS doesn't look too deeply into what your doing. So, aside from the 35%/15% sage harbor deal and member dues, how else can a social club make money?
>>
I've got a whole host of mental illnesses contributing to this, but losing touch with reality and forgetting who I am happen occasionally and it scares the shit out of me every time. My deepest fear is that eventually I'll forget everyone I know or that they'll forget me.
Worse is keeping all of my memories but learning that they're all false
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (36KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
36KB, 300x250px
>>738217520
wtf
>>
>>738212701
WAKE UP PLEASE
>>
>>738212499
WE CANT STAY TRAPPED HERE
>>
File: joseph (2).gif (721KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
joseph (2).gif
721KB, 320x180px
>>738208985
Becoming old. Time just seems to get faster every year, and frankly I wish it'd slow down. Pic semi-related.
>>
being alone
>>
File: IMG_2074.png (886KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2074.png
886KB, 800x600px
>>738208985
my biggest fear
it would have to be blowing a apex seal in my car on the highway
(pic related)
>>
File: 1486909023283.gif (2MB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486909023283.gif
2MB, 300x249px
Not amounting to the rest of my family and being alone.
>>
>>738208985
Doing DMT again. Never ever ever doing it.
>>
>>738210763
I also have an issue with drinking canned stuff like that. Especially with fruit juices, like I imagine a mouse from the orchard somehow getting stuck in a can and junk.
>>
>>738220184
DMT is a wonderful substance
>>
>>738208985
Becoming conscious while having surgery. Being able to feel and hear but not move.
That and leeches.
>>
Spiders
>>
>>738209893
>>738210203
I'm don't dream much but I always remember my nightmares. They're almost always of me being chased but I can't run right. It's like I'm in slow motion or on the moon and the being chasing me down is just walking after me and still catching me. I usually wake up before being caught but when I do get caught I've always been stabbed a bunch in the stomach, then I wake up
>>
>>738211230
Underrated
>>
>>738208985
Deathly afraid of spontaneous combustion. I'm always aware that at any time, I might just burst into flames and die for no reason at all...
>>
>>738217177
Smoke weed if you can to sleep. Better for you than alcohol
>>
I have a recurring nightmare where I see some home invaders out my window and as I go to lock the door it opens. Something about tiny differences that have huge consequences.
>>
>>738221376
If he has paranoia it might be bad actually, people react very differently to marijuana
>>738217177
My tip: Go to your doctor and get some oxazepam, and then start therapy so you don't have to keep taking the oxazepam

I've been on oxazepam before and its very good for sleep, but not as euporic as other benzo's. So the addiction rate is pretty low.

Good luck with your struggles! Hope it works out!
>>
>>738220665
I was getting my wisdom teeth out and I came to in the middle of the procedure. I remember feeling a sharp grinding inside and under my ear. The pain was so intense, I was conscious for about 10 seconds.
>>
Some times, I don't know who I am. It's usually funny or upsetting to me when it happens, but I worry a lot about it happening in inconvenient situations. Trying to piece together were I was and who everyone was has been difficult. It hasn't happened in a few months, and it's usually just a few minutes. I just don't know anything, and I behave erratically. I think I might do something I regret.
>>
>>738217177
You are stupid. You deserve fear. You are not a whale.
>>
I fear people finding out that i care about them.

I fear that if people knew i cared, they would
try to exploit me for resources.

I fear that if i let anyone too close, they'll learn about me and thus have the tools to actually hurt me if things go awry.

As you could probably guess this keeps me pretty much out of any form of relationship. And while i do have my friends, and i do help them when i think they've truly fallen on hard times, i always display a begrudging, unfeeling front, so they don't forget that they're dealing with an asshole.

In reality though, they just aren't allowed to see inside the wall.
>>
>>738208985

Your biggest fear will appear right behind you when you check these dubs!
>>
Death
>>
I'm afraid of freedom. I don't even know what I have to do with it. Being in slavery isn't *that* bad though.
>>
My biggest fear is confirming what my first psychologist told my parents when I was 6, that I'll never be able to live independently and that I will be a burden to them for ever.

I live in my own house and haven't asked my parents for financial help in years but in the last three years I did spiral into a deep depression which resulted in me dropping out of school after just a community college bachelors degree in Media Production leaving me unemployed, single and a massive alcoholic who lives on disability. Major daily fear that I will remain as low as I am now and as such will prove my first psych right. If I can't escape that fate I will have to commit suicide.

I am 29, I should be having a career and a family by now.
>>
>>738214805
140lbs is underweight for his height. He needs to eat or he faces malnutrition
>>
>>738208985
I fear that my human disguise will wear out before the mothership picks me back up.
>>
>>738208985
I fear that maci Renee Duran is never going to pay for having sex with her 5 an 3 year old girls, she has her legal bases covered so I'm calling on anon to make her pay for her crimes
>>
Losing arm(s)/leg(s)/fingers or whatever. For some reason the idea of losing a limb really fucking bothers me, especially if it was a whole arm or both legs or something.

Also dying before my immediate family (siblings/parents) does.
>>
I'm honestly just afraid of death. I don't want to die. I know I have to face it eventually but that doesn't make it any easier. I would start crying my eyes out as a kid whenever I thought about dying. Also kinda spooked of needles too
>>
>>738209893
got the same shit. also i am unable to run from things. moving in slowmotion feeling heavy
>>
>>738228797

I have panic attacks over it all the time.
You're not alone anon.
>>
>>738211230
hi archer
>>
I have a horrible fear that one day I'll wake up and the world will be so filled with stupid people it will be too far gone to save.
>>
>>738228797
my grandma when i was little said if i died i would go to heaven so i prayed every night to jesus that i would die in my sleep. death has really never been a fear of mine but pretty much all aspects of living scare the shit out of me
>>
>>738229501
ive got some bad news for you
>>
>>738227200
Hey man you need to let go of what that psych told you so long ago. In any fucking psych class you learn about self fulfilling prophecies as a mental state where you think one way so it happens. If you can get out from under your preconceived sense of self then you can work towards a better you and a new day
>>
>>738213226
That shit's crazy...hope you never lose your mind
>>
>>738213226
That sounds more like a pain in the ass more than a fun car to drive
>>
>>738229548
There's still hope for a genocide right
> be me
>be sad about state of world
> decide to fight world stupidity by becoming a teacher
> try to teach kids facts
> ultra liberal Jew narrative has infiltrated the education system
> present as much information without bias as possible
> literally have children tell me I'm not spending enough time talking about women and minorities
>yes I talk of them but white men contributed ALOT to the creation of America so I'm gonna talk about white men.
>every teacher that isn't a shill is scared to fight the system or say anything against the ultraliberals
RIP education system, I enjoyed you while I was a student and could have intellectual dialogues with teachers even though we had conflicting views
>>
>>738229683
I really hope so, thanks man.
Signs aren't that positive right now. Got debt piling up, afraid to leave the house, place is a fucking mess but I try my best to keep a semblance of hope that I can get back on track.
>>
Sleep paralysis. I dream like every night so it's pretty common for me
>>
>>738230157

Happens to me if i sleep in chairs.
>>
I have an extremely bad fear of shadows when it is dark and not knowing what is hiding in the darkness, even sleep in a sleeping bag plus a quilt for extra protection kek. Shit like the grudge scare the shit out of me too.I used to have a lot of dreams about drowning too, mostly if have a bad dream now it will be me getting chased by something and my legs will feel like marshmallows. Get very irrational fears that people have got something in for me too.
>>
I have a big fear of mirrors, the dark, and social interactions.

Most of my dreams involve me doing something really awkward and then i wake up and realize that it isn't very different from real life
>>
Home invasion. When I was very young we had robbers break into the house and hold us at gunpoint as I clutched my mother the whole time. I have very bad issues sleeping at night, which is why I'm up at 6 am. I constantly hear noises that aren't there and have never actually felt safe anywhere since but I just learn to live with the feeling of constant impending danger. Shit's wack, yo.
>>
>>738209893
Real shit i used to have a reoccurring dream id be victim to a surprise attack but couldn't yell for help. It occured periodically as a child til one night i confronted the attacker and defeated him. I have yet to rehave that now 25
>>
>>738208985
My biggest fear is all of my dreams and aspirations coming to fruition.

The fear of succeeding is holding me back from doing what i want with my life because once i do make it to that point, I'll have nothing left to live for.
>>
>>738210203
Sleep paralysis is like a Chinese finger trap. The harder you struggle, the harder it is to free yourself. Wherein the more you give into the fear, the scarier your experience gets.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.