[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oi /b/tardos Weight thread: >Share your methods of losing

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

File: 1498748153154.jpg (61KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498748153154.jpg
61KB, 597x600px
Oi /b/tardos

Weight thread:
>Share your methods of losing weight
>Ask advices
>share your goals
Etc.
>>
i started googling the ingredients of everything i put in my body.
if it grossed me out, or wasn't blatantly okay,
i stopped eating it.

my bodys chemistry went from that of an overfed cow full of cheeto hormones,
to that of a survivor in a nutritional drought,
my metabolism kicked on for the first time in my whole life
and i started jogging every single morning
>>
>>737505448
and when i was 18 my body went from 220 pounds to 150 pounds in about 6 months
>>
>>737505324
Go to
>>>/fit/
>>
from 93 kg (205 pounds) to 87 kg (191 pounds), just by eating a lot less and moving a little more.over a period of a month.
want to get down to 80kg tho (176 pounds)
>>
Do drugs
>>
Op here.
Was 93kg befoee (sorry i know only gay kgs)
I realised i can't be this fat for the rest of my life, started eating less and less, doing some woekout on a daily basis. eating once per 2 days.
Now i weight 69 kg. 4 months only. I think i can be proud of myself.
Also when you're hungry try to smkoe a cigarette or drink some water. Try to eat less.
Also drink a lot of water on a daily basis desu.
>>
>>737505800
Go to fit
>fits be like "go to gym faggot"
go to fit and let them roast your ass
>>
>>737506255
congrats , >>737505448
here.

during my losing weight i was living with some roommates, one of them was a fat chick.

she would often get personally offended that i was losing weight "right in front of her".
one time since she owed me money for rent,
i was nice enough to ride the bus with her around town looking for a job for her.

on the way back, she was complaining to me about how she felt bad and had a headache,
i recommended we walk 50 yards to the library to use the water fountain.

>"It's okay, I have this"
>she pulls out a half full bottle of Diet Coke
>"That's not water."
>"It has water in it"
>this is a serious conception that people have, that soda and energy drinks and gatorade count as hydration for the body, the same as water
>>
Just stop eating sugar. Just eat food. No sugary drinks (this includes most fruit juices, shit is absolutely spiked with sugar), no desserts, no maple searp, no candy or sweets. Just that will shed pounds over the weeks, and will shed doubly if you add some exercise.
>>
I just started halfing the portions of what I ate. Or instead of a whole sandwich, chips, a pudding cup and 2 sodas a day at work (or eating out at fast food) I just eat a granola bar. Or a half of a sandwich. Oh and block out soda except when I'm getting drunk. Just water.

I started at 210lbs about two months ago, and I'm at 181lbs as of yesterday.
>>
>>737506776
So to be clear. I am not eating better. Just less.
>>
>>737505324
Intermittent Fasting is the BEST way.

I lost 30lbs in 2 months with zero exercise. It's not a diet, but more a style of eating. Look into it.
>>
>>737506255
how tall are you, if i was 69kg it would look like i just got out of Auschwitz.
>>
>>737506255
> Op here.
> Was 93kg befoee (sorry i know only gay kgs)
> I realised i can't be this fat for the rest of my life, started eating less and less, doing some woekout on a daily basis. eating once per 2 days.
> Now i weight 69 kg. 4 months only. I think i can be proud of myself.
> Also when you're hungry try to smkoe a cigarette or drink some water. Try to eat less.
> Also drink a lot of water on a daily basis desu.

Befoee? Is it a covfefe's brother?
>>
>>737506963
Gotta have a look, thanks op
>>
>>737506974
1.79cm
>>
>>737506999
Mate i was on phone.
>>
File: 90 Day Progress.jpg (2MB, 1920x894px) Image search: [Google]
90 Day Progress.jpg
2MB, 1920x894px
>>737505324
I just got done posting this in /fit/ a couple hours back.
Here ya go, just me.

>>737505448
That's the good shit mate. keep it up.

>>737505486
Experts recommend a weight loss rate of 2 lbs a week; and anything more than 3 lbs a week is dangerous.
220 to 150 in 6 months represents a weight loss rate of:
~2.9 lbs, That is an aggressive rate to have.
I hope you made it though healthfully.

>>737505916
Keep it up, we're all going to make it.

>>737506049
Fuck off.

>>737506255
Share some pics.

>>737506495
While diet is a better option than regular soda, nothing beats water.
Water is king.

>>737506632
Fuck sugar. In fact the body doesn't need any form of saccharide.
But amino acids (protein), and fatty acids (fats) are crucial for our existence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient

>>737506776
>>737506835
There are 49 essential nutrients ( and 9 conditionally essential nutrients) that you NEED to consume or else you get some type of disease/die.

Eating less is an important step towards becoming a healthy weight, you already know how unhealthy it is to be overweight.
Just consider your micronutrient intake further down the road; especially when you hit your goal weight and look to maintain.
You can look up the nutritional profile using the USDA database (it's what those white Nutritional Labels are based off of)
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

>>737506963
Eh, fasting isn't really something that's viable long term, for me.

If I have a day where I eat over my caloric limit, I will do one of two things:
1. Just deal with it, move on.
2. Fast (usually 12 hours; but no longer than 24 hours).

I don't think fasting should be the focus of a healthy and sustainable diet; but it can be a useful corrective tool.

Better to train healthy habits, build self-discipline and stay within your caloric limits.
>>
>>737507926

hi, >>737505486 here
ive been told that before, agree and all, 22 years old now and no real problems to report.
>>
File: Older Reference.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Older Reference.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>737508079
That's good to hear!
Where are you in your fitness?
Are you maintaining, looking to lose, looking to gain, or something else.

I'm 27, (birthday was yesterday) and I'm looking to lose a bit more.
I'm going to hit 210 lbs by early November; so I can meet the weight requirements of the Army.

Currently I'm ~235 lbs, but was as big as ~285 lbs last year.
(Picture is from when i was ~285)
>>
>>737506255
manlet detected

>want to be healthy
>smoke cigs to keep weight off

good luck with that
>>
>>737508604
thankya :>
lately given newfound life circumstance,
i've been pursuing a more toned and slender shape,
trying to lose a water belly,
redistribute some fat to my hips,
and to be honest i'm after a more feminine outline.

congratulations sir,
and happy late birthday!
what about the army interests you, dont mind me asking?
>>
>>737508898
and to answer more specifically,
been trying to change my diet for less meat,
more nuts and fruit,
less wheat/starchy/pasty stuff,
and 1000 -2000 reps on the elliptical every other day
>>
>>737507926
I can lose 20lbs in a week. experts say" fuck experts and common practice, you wouldn't feed chimp exactly what you'd feed a silverback gorilla

Fighters lose and gain crazy amounts of weight all the time. I can gain a lot at once too but i have to eat A LOT, after a week (10lbs) i slow down a bit to let my body catch up with the weight

Weight gain: eat as much of whatever the fuck i want (having too much garbage in diet will make u feel shitty and depressed)

Weight loss: basically OPs pic, the only time i see dramatic change that most would pay for; is when I'm depressed. The base of this diet is beer (the empty, liquid cal). Drink like you don't want to drink, but you want to maintain a high drunk off as little as possible, with this mindset it will be easy to only have dinner -or only half of it, if that-

This isn't safe, but it works, cancer isn't safe, but it's probably developing in your lower sphincter. Point is, everybody is going to die, there are no proven paths there and a lot of people have developed their bodies passed comman science. How often do you hear from sciences studying an athlete, "that shouldn't be possible"
>>
>>737508756
Op here.
Dude i am just trying to lose some weight. I'm smoking since i was 15 and i don't really mind being a bit unhealthy. I don't go to gym or something, just exercises and runningĺ
>>
>>737505324
>tfw lost ~50 lbs over 6 months because of a purely calorie deficit diet while basically only eating Taquitos

I mean... It's not like I was eating healthily before. Besides, if I gave a shit about myself, I'd probably actually not be completely fucking stagnant in basically every aspect of my life.
>>
I'm 18
6'3
260 lbs
I eat really shitty food and I know I need to stop that shit. I played basketball for three years in high school and that kept me at about 240ish but I've been unactive the past year and I've gained a lot of weight and I know it's unhealthy and I want to get the weight off. Tips on losing weight? I've never lost weight before and I want to start, I'm hoping you weigh about 210 by the end of the year, is that possible? And if so could you provide tips on how to make it attainable. Thanks /b/
>>
Meth
>>
>>737505324
God tier game
>>
>>737509958
Calories in vs calories out.
Burn calories by physically exerting yourself, or eat less/better food.

Or do both, just make sure you don't lose more than about 2 lbs a week. You know how some people end up completely skin after? Yeah, avoid that.
>>
Quit eating meat, especially red meat. If you eat meat with every meal, you are scum.
>>
>>737505324
Starving
>>
>>737509958
Eat something light for breakfast like poached egg on ezekiel bread and some berries/nuts. Then a single meal in the evening, like salad or whatever. Work out twice a day. It'll fall off.

If you wanna make 210 then just stick to one meal a day and do cardio, it's definitely achievable.
>>
>>737510124
I smell faggot
>>
>>737510250
red meat boosts testosterone
women and certain brands of gay guys,
not surprising for them to desire a more feminine body,
usually it's a good thing for them to eat less meat,
in pursuit of more estrogen production

so yes
>>
>>737510326
Ok so yes you're a faggot.
>>
>>737510124
I eat meat with every meal and almost every snack. I'm also a freak with use by dates so also throw out a lot of meat. I only drink meat smoothies. At christmas time I put a deposit down on around 40 turkeys and then once they're killed I say I don't need them. Right now I'm wearing clothes exclusively made from various animals livers.
>>
Just read the first page that came up when I searched "intermittent fasting" (James Clear), it seems like it may work.

In essence, it says that you need to have a period of at least 12 hours (recommends 16) between meals, so that the insulin produced during food digestion is purged. Because the insulin is absent, you burn fat more easily.

Even if that's bs, just training yourself to eat less often would likely reduce your calories in, so that you end up w/calorie deficit.
>>
File: 1498279273742.jpg (89KB, 743x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498279273742.jpg
89KB, 743x640px
>>737510420
yes <3
>>
I stopped eating shit and started eating veg. Exercise also helps you fat shit.
>>
File: IMG_0877.jpg (109KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0877.jpg
109KB, 1500x1120px
>>737510481
Into girls
>>
>>737505324
As a medical biochemist, fasting of any kind. Not calorie restriction, just straight up not eating, nothing except water and multivitamins for a week, and your fat is gone. It's that simple
Less hardcore approach would be intermittent fasting.

Anyone doubting this, ask away
>>
>>737510585
Interesting
>>
>>737510585
Is what I said
Here
>>737510453
Accurate? If not, why?
>>
>>737510556
oh, no!
>>
>>737510585
What are the health risks people always talk about being linked to fasting? In terms of severity I mean, is it really that bad or is it being blown out of proportion?
>>
>cut soda in favor of water
>cut fast food
>start exercising

You wouldn't believe how many useless calories you take in from junk like soda and McD's. For most people cutting those out (WITHOUT replacing it by gorging on everything else, ofc) and increasing physical activity is enough to get you on the path.

See /fit/ for more in depth information (the sticky is great). But it all boils down to the same thing: eat healthier, exercise more.
>>
>>737510084
>Calories in vs calories out.

thats all that matter's, you can lose weight w/o working out I've been to the gym 4 times in my life and I've gone from 6ft 300lbs to 170-75. Working out just makes it go by so much quicker but if your a lazy fuck like me it will just take time.
>>
>>737510847
Good job
>>
>>737510637
>>737510688
>>737510757
original commenter here,
it's blown the fuck out of proportions, main reason being that no one makes money when you're not eating, but a shitton of them do when you stuff your porkhole.
The only downside would be slight immune system inhibition in the beginning stages (first 12-16h when cortisol/hgh ratio is high) which is actually wanted in most of the obese people, since obesity is inflammatory condition (and immunosupression is a-okay)

As a biochemist, i can talk about hormones involved in gaining/losing weight for weeks, but you can also do your research on the most basic ones included in fasting: growth hormone, cortisol, insulin, glucagon, leptin, orexines, resistin,... The quick summary is found on this site
>https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/
with like 15 parts, but it's worth it
>>
>>737511068
God bless you anon
>>
File: IMG_2110.jpg (75KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2110.jpg
75KB, 800x540px
>>737510585
Something like this a good place to start?
>>
>>737510936
>>737510847
>>737510084
while calorie restriction will help some, it's not only in question how much you eat, but when you eat, and I can't really decide which one is more important. Incorporate intermittent fasting with your calorie restricting regimen, and you'll see results 3x faster
>>
Exercise your fucking ass off, then you can eat whatever you want.
>>
>>737505324
eat more vegetables.
don't eat pasta,rice or bread so much.
you get enough carbs from vegetables,tbh.
if you hate vegetables,you're fucked and have no hope.
>>
>>737511164
Yeah, that's fine. I personally like having only 4h window more (eating from 3pm to 7pm), and some people like straight up not eating for 24h. In the beginning i used 23h fasting method, and 1h eating, that suited me the best.
Find what suits you. Also, don't eat late (past 8pm), you don't want to inhibit GH release during sleep
>>
>>737505324
I store all my weight in my gut, none in my ass or legs. So, I reduced my meals to 2 a day. The first around 10am, is large. I eat until I'm pretty full. Half of the meal is beans, the other half lean meat or potatoes and veggies, whatever I feel like that day. At night I eat a small meal. Sometimes oatmeal or more beans, just something easy. I do that six days a week. Saturday I eat whatever I want in any quantity I want. That's also my workout day. I keep that simple as well, about 15 to 20 minutes of kettlebell. Lost almost 100 lbs over the last 5 years.
>>
>>737505324
That pod racer game was the fucking shit
>>
>>737511582
you need to lower cortisol, that's textbook example of high cortisol fatness model. Get enough sleep, don't stress, don't smoke. Do your research
>>
>>737511667
>Get enough sleep, don't stress
>implying these are achievable for everyone
>>
>>737511748
>implying i give a fuck
hey, i'm a man in the field, i know my shit, and i know answers to most of the problems in this thread, and on top of that i'm willing to give constructive advice. If that's not enough, then fuck off
>>
>>737505324
jog for 30 minutes a day
keep track of your calories in myfitnesspal, so you know how much you're eating
eat mostly meat
weigh yourself every day after you run
remember that you're not some sort of physical miracle and that if you're not losing weight it's because you're taking in too many calories and not burning enough
don't let other people who self-pity convince you that you're special and losing weight is just harder for you
it's hard for everyone at first, then it gets easier
>>
Hello /b/rothers!

I am 26 year old male and weigh 111.7 kg or 246 pounds.

Please help. I want to get to around 80 kg or 176 pounds. With as little effort as possible.

I am one lazy fuck but I hate being overweight.

Thank you in advance!
>>
File: 23686714214_212d9bb1fa_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
23686714214_212d9bb1fa_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>737508898
So you're going trap-mode?
Good luck.

The Army allows me to fulfill a social obligation to my great country, while providing me with stable pay. Win-Win.

>>737509286
Yeah i use to wrestle in Highschool.
Wrestlers would cut drastically to make weight...
But if you think rapid swings in weight is healthy and sustainable; then you're fuckin crazy.
Practice common sense, life is a marathon not a race.

>>737509794
One day, you'll give a shit.
Could be tomorrow, but I hope it's Today.

>>737509958
There are 183 days between now and December 31, 2017

Putting your stats here:
https://tdeecalculator.net/

Gives us 2,742 calories to maintain your weight.

You want to weigh 210 lbs, which is 50 lbs less than you weigh now.

Putting it all together this means you need to lose:

50 lbs / 183 days = 0.273 lb a day, to reach your goal.

Lastly, there are roughly 3500 calories in one pound of fat. So we convert 0.273 to it's calorie equivalent:
3500 calories * 0.273 lbs = 956 calories a day

This means you need to consume 956 calories LESS than the 2,742 calories it takes to sustain your weight.

Consume:
2742 calories - 956 calorie deficit = 1786 calories a day.

Consume roughly 1786 calories a day, and you'll make your goal weight.
(FYI: it will take 2,470 calories to maintain your weight, once you reach 210 lbs)

>>737510585
>>As a medical biochemist, fasting of any kind. Not calorie restriction, just straight up not eating, nothing except water and multivitamins for a week, and your fat is gone. It's that simple

You're neglecting the fact that humans require the consumption of 49 essential nutrients ( and 9 conditionally essential nutrients).
Most importantly, humans require the consumption of 9 essential amino acids, and 2 fatty acids. Both of which are not found in multivitamins.
Ethically, unless the patient is morbidly obese such that their weight is the cause of an immediate life-threatening symptom; I disagree with fasting.
>>
>>737505324
For me it's simple. I stop drinking during the week and commute to work by bike.
I travel around 27kmph average on an old rusty MTB. Currently burning more than 700 kchal on commute, It gets easier everyday.
Then I eat slightly more healthy (less carbs).

Lost a few KG already this year also gained muscle which weights more than fat.
>>
>>737505486
Do you have flabby skin now?
>>
https://youtu.be/0GGf_GlD2RY
>>
>>737512821
>One day, you'll give a shit.
>Could be tomorrow, but I hope it's Today.

Thanks. But I have several disorders that make it significantly difficult to care enough, for several reasons.
Won't be tomorrow or today. Don't know if it'll happen before I die.

I know it's up to me, but since I can't be dragged, unless something miraculously changes one day, that fact means I won't.
>>
>>737513076
I know that feel.
Hopefully we each find a reason to get off our asses
>>
I switched to a plant based diet and lost 50 pounds very easily, not to mention I feel more energized and less depressed.
>>
>>737512821
>Ethically, unless the patient is morbidly obese such that their weight is the cause of an immediate life-threatening symptom; I disagree with fasting.
good goy.
You ever wonder how fucking neanderthals lived? Did they have 3 meals per day with constant snacks? This thread is about losing weight. Being overweight is a chronic inflammatory condition that contributes to shitton of "immediate life-threatening symptoms". If you don't want that extreme regimen, you have the intermittent fasting one. Don't just choose the one thing you disagree on, and shit on it, when i gave you another option.

Also, you have depo in your body for most of those essential things (especially AAs), it wouldn't kill you not to eat for a day. In the previous century, obesity was cured with outstanding rate by simply doing 2 weeks fasting cycles.

And I see your calorie counting there, which implies you're only half way to understanding how weight loss works. Let me give you an example of how you're wrong:
Imagine needing 2500kcal/day. By your logic, if you take in 1500kcal/day, you're in a 1000kcal deficit and you should lose weight, right? Well, I agree, but there's 2 way of doing that
1) you have a meal each 6,7,8 hours with ~500kcal
2) you have one meal with 1500kcal
Let's say you eat the same 1500kcal in both cases, and in doing so you take in all the essential nutrients. In case 1) you'll end up with losing glycogen reserves, losing muscle mass, and losing a tiny bit of body fat. In case 2) you'll end up losing glycogen reserves, PRESERVING muscle mass and losing A LOT of fat.
How? You might want to read more about Insulin, LipoProtein-Lipase, Hormone-Sensitive-Lipase, and Growth Hormone

Educate, learn more, don't just try to argue and fish for (You)s by replying to everyone.
>>
will power and self respect
>>
I'm addicted to soda.

I drink a 2 liter bottle of mountain dew voltage a day. The shit's one dollar for the bottle.

I'm 184 .lbs.

If I somehow manage to cut out the 2 liter a day habit, and cut soda out entirely, realistically how much weight will I be able to lose?
>>
20mg of caradine a day you fat cunt
>>
>>737505324

Cal in vs Cal out
the average human will burn around 1200 or so cal a day by existing, if you eat more than this without burning it off then you'll gain weight so
First of all
>Cut down on all the crap you eat
>Drink more water
>count the calories you eat
>keep track of everything you eat
>including that cookie you just tried to sneak fattie.

Next get active, set aside 1hr a day for an activity easiest activity is walking, so how do you do it there are plenty of apps that will track everything you need but

>one day head out and just walk for 1hr
>use an app/gadget to track how far you walked in the hour
>say you managed to do 1.5 miles in an hour just walking normally aim to do 2 miles in an hour the next time.
>continue this patern of small goals while still counting calories.

If you walk an average of 3 miles and eat/drink around 1400 - 1600 cal per day and keep topped up with water for a week you can see losses of up to 5 - 10lbs depending on starting weight and how many calories you average.

Losing weight is a life style change not something you can do for a month then go back to eating the same old shit, if you start losing weight then you need to keep it up or risk gaining back everything you lose.

TL:DR Eat less and get walking fattie
>>
>>737513768
>go
>find empty few bottle
>calorie count
>times number of servings
That is how much weight you lose (measured in calories), however much was in that bottle
>>
>>737514229
6 servings at 170 calories each, so 1,020 calories...
>>
You play vidya gaems and forget to eat.
19 y/o, 1,70m tall, 58kg. Never was and probably will never be fat.
>>
>>737514229
Doesn't work like that fucking Einstein. I'm a skinny but well built guy but what you're saying is stupid
>>
>>737514163
You are grossly underestimating the average basal metabolic rate. The average for men in closer to 2000. If you are 5'9", 175 lbs and 25 years old, your basal metabolic rate without any exercise is 1862.55 calories. If you were 250 lbs instead of 175, your BMR would be 2329.8 calories.

It is recommended that when you want to lose weight you start by cutting 500 calories/day.

If you have any level of activity at all that will increase how much you burn each day.
>>
>>737514442
Well, yes, you are right. But, even so, that's 1000 calories not being taken in, which makes it MUCH easier to achieve a deficit, and if, say, they were mainteining their weight exactly with that 1020 calories, and therefore dropped to a 1020 calorie deficit, that is exactly what would happen.
>>
>>737506999
>> I realised i can't be this fat for the rest of my life, started eating less and less, doing some woekout on a daily basis. eating once per 2 days.
Bad advice starving the body will only cause the body to try and retain fat to burn later for energy, try smaller portion sizes and one or two low calories meals per day heres a low calorie recipe for you.
100g 5%fat minced beef (137 cal)
100g jar of bolognese sauce(44 cal) (if you want to make fresh keep track of the cal)
140g of cooked spagetti (220 cal)
15g of cheese (62 cal)
2 slices of garlic bread/30g (94 cal)

This is enough for 1 serving of spag bol at 557cal (will vary depending on sauce and type of cheese) it's a nice filling meal that can easily be burnt off simply by existing.
>> Also drink a lot of water on a daily basis desu.
Don't over drink water but drink when you feel thirsty and drink extra when you are active etc.
>>
intermittent fasting
>>
>>737514532

I know I underestimated but didn't realize it was by so much, as for daily intake around 1600 is about 400-700 calories under, but i'd also say make sure to eat something if you feel hungry just don't go nuts.

Add in 1hr of activity and in a week you'll feel the difference, keeping it up for a month will make things easier in the long term.
>>
Hello!
I am 27 year old male and weigh 107,8 kg and I want to lose atleast 20 kg to feel good about myself.
My ideal weight would be 75-80 kg.
I drink a lot of coca-cola and eat junk food almost every day and eat sweets also.
How can I shake this habit to start eating healthy and start excersizing?
Maybe cut down meal sizes and eat normal food instead + vegetables... And drink a lot of water. Its gonna be hard but I think I should also go cold turkey on sodas and sweets.
And if I do 1 hour on rowing machine everyday will I lose 27.8 kg in a year?
>>
>>737505324
I lost weight by being extremely active during the summer, and not drinking much water. When you're doing a shitload of competitive sports you forget about hunger, and at the end of the day, you get a massive headache. As soon as you get a headache, you go to sleep. Have a healthy breakfast in the morning, and there you have it. I managed to lose 50lbs by essentially depriving myself of food
>>
>>737507521
Do you mean meters?
>>
>>737515722
sounds so miserable, omg! will not try this one. sorry.
>>
File: 1487352857362.jpg (34KB, 601x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487352857362.jpg
34KB, 601x469px
5'9''
182 lbs
13% body fat

Currently in a cut, already lost 7 lbs in two weeks, but strength hasn't reduced so far. Still dl 4pl8 easily, still squatting 365, and still benching 275.

Goal is 170.
>>
>>737513768
How tall are you though?
>>
>>737516297
>182 lbs at 5'9'' with 13% bf

You're going to look gnarly if you reach 10.

Also those are some good ass lifts. How long have you been lifting?
>>
>>737515722
>not drinking water while being physically active
you fucking idiot
>>
File: Amino_acid_catabolism_revised.png (114KB, 906x636px) Image search: [Google]
Amino_acid_catabolism_revised.png
114KB, 906x636px
>>737513643
Picture is partly what happens when fasting.
Theoretically, you could link all these metabolic pathways to form an overview of Modern Science's current understanding of Human Metabolism.
Are we going to discuss the minutia though?

The general public isn't going to dive deep into the details, and personally;
I don't think it's wise to advocate fasting, when caloric restriction accomplishes the same thing.
Especially because the risks in prolonged fasting are more dangerous than a prolonged caloric restriction.
Basically,
Risks:
John Doe fasting incorrectly > John Doe failing caloric limit

There is absolutely no need, from a strictly biological perspective, to fast.
Unless of course, medical emergency demands it.

Fasting is the "magic pill" of weight loss methods.
Why encourage rapid weight-loss when steady weight loss is an option?

>>You ever wonder how fucking neanderthals lived? Did they have 3 meals per day with constant snacks?
Ancient humans did not have access to both the quantity of nutritional foods, nor the wealth of nutritional knowledge that we enjoy today.
They were shorter, lived shorter lives, and malnutrition was rampant.

But I think the point you're trying to make is that fasting for short periods of time, is generally harmless.
Look.
Of course, fasting for a day, or 3 or even a week; probably won't lead to dire consequences.
I'm not arguing that.

I argue that the best method of weight loss is one that builds life-long habits.
Practices that are sustainable, steady, and responsible.

Fishing for (You)s?!

What's this then?
>>Anyone doubting this, ask away

ROFL LMAO
>>
>>737516561
A little over a year and a half.
>>
>>737513452
Yeah...
Practically, I'll either change, or die like this.
Those are the only outcomes.
>>
Ketosis. I quit carbs and you body eats your fat for fuel after a few days no bread. 40lbs in a few months but I also work hard as a structural ironworker. I just eat meat cheese and dark veggies and protein shakes. It's hard quiting carbs buts the weight flies off.
>>
>>737517004
Forgot to mention about 3 hard boiled eggs a day. Need lots protien
>>
>>737506255
Hey congrats dude
>>
287 lbs here
Started swapping cheesesticks and pizza for broccoli and chicken
Now i weigh 190
Also i take kratom on a daily basis, that shit made me lose weight fast
>>
>>737505324
Eat smaller portions and drink only water.
>>
>>737505324
stupid eating, drink only coffee and a lots of water, stop eating, eat only 2 times a day, in the morning and before you go to bed so you can fall asleep without stomach pain, do this for ~5 months and you will loose all body fat guaranteed if not fake your death and go to China and start a money laundering business
>>
>>737507521
That's pretty thin.

I am 1,74m and 64 kg and i look like a holocaust survivor.
>>
>>737516621
>I don't think it's wise to advocate fasting, when caloric restriction accomplishes the same thing
I gave you an explanation how it's actually totally different thing, and how fasting accomplishes more.

You absolutely ignored my example of 2 different results of calorie restriction.
You continue to repetitively splurt things you've already said.
You talk only about prolonged fasting while totally ignoring the intermittent type i am more advocating for.
There's no point in discussing something if you don't want to learn a thing and think you're the smartest one.

Calorie restriction leads your body to starvation. You deprive yourself from energy in short intervals, while having constant energy intake. Your body responds by
1) slowing/lowering basal and overall metabolism to adapt. You can flush your lifelong easy-to-make habit down the toilet because now you spend less calories than before, because you'll be in almost no deficit after adapting period
2) entering gluconeogenesis more intensely and frequently, because you're more often in a post-prandial state without glucose, which consequently leads to muscle degradation
3) entering lipolysis less frequently (almost never) because of continuous insulin spikes during the day (meal every 6,7,8 hours) which make LPL more active
You end up with using muscle proteins to make glucose, and using glucose as a primary source of energy

Fasting leads your body to:
1) speeding up basal and overall metabolism (raised gh leads to raised catecholamines and increase in their receptors on the adipose tissue)
2) raised gh prevents muscle degrataion, and promotes growth
3) extreme lipolysis (1 combined with cortisol leads to HSL more active)

Now tell me, is it better to make a habit eating in the 4-8h window during the day, losing fat and growing muscles, OR is it better to just eat smaller meals and enter Auschwitz mode?

This has no health consequences, and is superior to calorie restriction.
>>
>>737517476
I woukdnt suggest eating twice a day, you dont want to starve your body of nutrients. Instead break up your meals into small meals thru the day, and if you are hungry for a snack eat an apple instead. If you are not hungry enough to eat and apple you are not hungry just bored
>>
>>737517707
absolutely incorrect, read >>737517570 >>737513643 >>737511068 >>737510585
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.