[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone say how McGregor is so much bigger than Mayweather?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10

Why does everyone say how McGregor is so much bigger than Mayweather? Just an inch taller and 3 pounds heavier....

What am I missing?
>>
They probably exaggerate Floyd height ny meauring him with boxing shoes on. Connor will look bigger than him on fightnight
>>
>>736360579
McGregor's height is exaggerated too, so I think the height difference will be about the same
>>
>>736360353

At fight night, McGregor will be around 170 and a 2 inch reach advantage. Doesn't matter anyways, Floyd will box rings around him. McGregor doesn't have boxing cardio.
>>
>>736360880
This
>>
Mayweather would kick his ass but I think it's a publicity stunt for $ and he'll let mcgregor win
>>
Sometimes in fighting sports, size refers as much to someone's built as it does height/weight.

Not sure specifically in this case.
>>
>>736361438
You must actually be retarded.
>publicity stunt
>Floyd will let mcgregor win
>Floyd will ruin his career
>Floyd will give up on breaking rocky marcianos record
>>
Mayweather is ooold, he'll lose just because of that, if he were McGregors age he'd win
>>
>>736361438
Have you ever listened to mayweather, he's a ego maniac. He literally lists himself as the top fighter in his top 5 of all time. He would never throw a fight.

To answer op, McGregor will rehydrate about 15-20 lbs, he will probably be 10-15 lbs heavier in the ring, which is a massive advantage, but none of that will matter because he's so far out of his depth, mayweather will embarrass him badly.
>>
>>736360353
Things Conor needs to beat Mayweather:
increased block/defense [to avoid letting Mayweather score]
punching speed (at least for jabs to score with; he needs to at the very least out-score Floyd)
Psyche him out [Conor needs to be sure to lower Floyd's confidence, and even anger him to make him vulnerable]

I think that unless Conor trains for and achieves sufficient defense and jabbing speed, he's going to lose by way of points. I don't think he'll ever get knocked down, though. Nope. Conor's just way too tough for that. I do hope Conor wins, though. I hope he lands a lucky strike to Mayweather's dome and knocks him out. That'd be the highlight of Conor's career if he can achieve it.
>>
>>736360353

Connor will get knocked down multiple times. Not used to being chopped down for 10 rounds. He won't get knocked out but he could get TKO'd by stoppage because Floyd will be fucking him up the whole fight. If by the grace of God Connor lands 1 punch knock out (which won't happen) it'll come from Floyd being to cocky...which he won't. Biggest money biggest stage...Floyd isn't going light in training just because Connor doesn't box.
People don't realize Floyd trains just as hard if not harder than most athletes in the world
Only one comparable to his training is
> phelps
>>
>>736363442
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo

> video very much related. You might not like floyd
But
Muh
> hard work, dedication is fucking insane
>>
>>736360880
Im a huge ufc fan and I agree. Cmac has poor cardio. He also walks around at 160. Remember he had to gorge food and wear jeans to his diaz weigh in cuz his metabolism refuses for him to be that high.
>>
I just hope nobody really thinks for a second that one of them is going to get knocked out or badly beat

this is all business and the outcome will be a very very close decision with mayweather winning my like a fraction of an ass hair

neither will have their reputation ruined this way and theyll both make a shit ton
>>
>>736362045
He wont be that heavy.

See this
>>736363581
>>
>>736360353
wiener size

they've felt it.
>>
>>736363442
Lel floyd cant knock down shit. Sit down. He isnt a ko fighter.
The only way he'll get a TKO is if connor is too gassed to defend himself.
>>
>>736363611
Dubs speaks truth
>>
I said this in a thread earlier, but it's all about brands here. Even if mcgregor loses, he can win. All he would have to do is throw a kick or an elbow. What's the worst that can happen? They revoke his boxing commission and fine him? He only got his commission for this fight. He could lose and still win.
>>
I see cardio brought up alot here. Mma is longer rounds correct? I could definitely see it wearing on cmac in later rounds but for the first 6 it just does seem like an issue.
>>
>>736360353
why are they boxing mayweathers sport shouldn't it be some middle ground ?
>>
Remember Rousey faggots, MMA fighters cannot stand up with a boxer. Take it to the ground and youll win but a boxer will always beat an MMA fighter standing up.
>>
>>736364233
That's what would be perfect. A kickboxing match. No ground game. All strikes. But Mayweather can't allow kicks cause he'd have no chance. Plus he would break his fragile baby hands with lighter gloves.
>>
>>736364481
yup i think it will be a waste of money to pay to see it
>>
>>736364253
There are three things that are certain in this world:
The sun goes up
The sun goes down
And Mayweather on points

I'm not ruling out a ko shot from mcgregor tho. Floyd has been clipped before with sloppy punches and his chin isn't granite.
>>
>>736364253
Not unless said MMA BECOMES the boxer. That's where Conor needs to up his punching speed and defense to bring his score up while bringing his score down. If he can do this, then he has a chance at winning. He already has the power to knock him out, but the problem is landing said [left] punches.
>>
god I'd love mcgregor to win
he's got a snowball's chance in hell of it but imagine how bad it'd shame the boxing industry
>>
>>736364852
It would literally be the death of boxing. And goddammit am I hoping for it
>>
>>736363857

Exactly Connor is not used to 10 rounds of keeping his hands high
>>
>>736364954
Boxing's already dead. This would just take away the dignity
>>
>>736364954

Fuck you. Rebirth of boxing would be amazing. Only reason it's went to shit is promo people fucking Jews the shit out of the best fighters
>>
>>736365091
Implying his hands will have to be high if he's not inside. Floyd will use his trademark "can't catch me" style. He's definitely not gonna push mcgregor. If he does, the chances of him getting clipped go up dramatically.
>>
>>736360353
Connor is a natural 153. Floyd fights above his recommended weight class often by watering up.
>>
>>736364793
Even if McGregor does that hes not landing a thing, there are boxers who've been in the game for 15 years who cant touch him. Floyd is cocky but the second he gets in the ring hes all buisness. McGregors going to be out classed.
>>
Look at all the poeple who have no clue what there talking about.
>>
>>736365385
He's been clipped before by some sloppy shots. To say there's no chance of that happening is implying cmac has zero standup game and that's just retarded. It's a small chance. But it's there. And it only has to happen once.
>>
>>736365504
Nice bait faggot. Have a (you)
>>
If conor has any brains he will diet and try to get as close to the weight as possible. And work on that fucking jab please.
>>
>>736365504

>there
>>
>>736365792
hopefully not. He should get in there as heavy as legally possible and throw haymaykers in random directions.

pretty much his only chance.
>>
File: Look_here.jpg (197KB, 577x480px) Image search: [Google]
Look_here.jpg
197KB, 577x480px
>>736360353
>people take this seriously
Mayweather will fuck his shit up.
You don't send a firefighter to do a cop's job and expect them to do it better than a cop.
The same goes for Mayweather in an MMA match. He'd lose.
This is all hype and zero substance.
>>
>>736365632
>>736365632
He's been clipped by professional boxers. Guys who have focused years of the craft. Conor is good but it is a whole new level.
>>
>>736360353
McGregors walking around weight is 170
>>
>>736365632
Floyd counts on sloppy fighters and sluggers, they go ape shit trying to land SOMETHING and he counters them. Of course anyone has a shot, this is boxing. Look a Chavez v Taylor and youll see that anything can happen in a fight, however from a technical stand point I dont see anything worth while happeneing.
>>
>>736366013
I am rooting for McGregor to pull a ufc move in the ring and claim that he must have forgotten it was not mma
>>
>>736360880

need more cardio for a 5 round 5 min per round fight than 10 3 minute rounds.
>>
>>736366159
Another thing to take into consideration is Floyd isn't on top of his game. He's been "retired" and this fight is in a month and a half. That's not a very long camp. There's alot of "what-ifs" to this fight. Not enough for me to spend money on it but I'm still gonna watch it. If they wanted all my money they'd put Mayweather in there with GGG. That would be a slaughter.
>>
>>736366502
yeah, no
>>
>>736366281
This is what I'm hoping for too. What's the worst that could happen to mcgregor?
>>
>>736364253
You're dumb. Rousey had no striking skills just wrestling, judo and a little BJJ. She was also overrated. Connor is a prolific striker.
>>
File: fjiorjfijofij.png (352KB, 700x366px) Image search: [Google]
fjiorjfijofij.png
352KB, 700x366px
>>736360353

and there's this
>>
>>736366615
Why? Different anon here
>>
File: s.jpg (9KB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
9KB, 230x172px
>>736366606
I thought they made a movie about this, the great white hype.

Promoter gets a white guy to box against black champ. Champ does not take it seriously and shows up to the ring fat and way out of shape. all this time the white guy has been training his heart out, rocky style.

When they fight the fat black champ beats the living shit out of the white guy and on to next fight.
>>
>>736365792
He doesnt need to read the other comments in the thread reet
>>
>>736366699
he got his shit pushed back by nick Diaz. he won the rematch but that should be enough to expose how bad he is.
>>
>>736366699
Tipdubs gets it
>>
>>736366606
Fucking perfect argument 10/10. I have no rebuttal
>>
>>736366901
Oh wow! The striker got tapped by the ground guy who has a bjj blk belt. You just reinforced the argument. Nice.
>>
>>736360880
Floyd will walk around the ring like with Pacman, afraid to engage in actual boxing.

It will be boring.

Floyd will probably win by decision.

Yawn.
>>
>>736366699
Im talking more about the arrogance of an MMA fighter thinking they are automatically better than any boxer. Arrogance always bites you in the ass in the end, you start throwing crazy because you feel invincible and get a nice counter punch. Look at McGregors technique and watch old floyd fights with opponents with a similar style to see how he handles them. Calling me dumb does nothing for either of our arguments.
>>
>>736360353
nothing, this is a huge joke and an easy 70 million for mcgregor, if they box there is just absolutely 0 chance mcgregor will win, this will be stupid, floyd will just run around the ring and barley even get touched, if they have a real mma fight, it's likely floyd would get walked through but when it comes to boxing even anderson silva who was world renown as a great versatile striker went 1-1 pro boxing against some bums at the lower end of the pro card, floyd is one of the bext boxers in history and uses the rules highly to his advantage, he can just run all day and counter punch, better then probably anyone has ever been able to do, one of the best outfighters of all time, if you could just take him down, then easy win, only boxing there is no hope for some half way boxing bum to beat a GOAT
>>
>>736366752
boxing cardio is not about being in shape. Boxers body shots pull the legs out from under you and the heavy boxing gloves become anchors after three rounds.

Groundwork on MMA can't compare
>>
>>736366685
It's in his contract that if he does he loses a lot of money. Also floyd will probably sue his ass.
>>
Does no one think that conor has been training in boxing for fucking forever? He won all of ireland or some shit when he was young. Its not like hes fucking retarded when it comes to boxing. Im sure bocing had been his sole training since this idea was presented. Jesus. To even consider floyd as super superior is ridic. Yall gay.
>>
>>736367541
I wouldn't call taking punches to the body enough to make a difference. MMA fighters take heavier kicks. Nobody should enter any ring if they can't take a hit.
>>
>>736367284
>older fights with people of similar styles

He's always had trouble with south paws tho. And there's no one I could compare to when it comes to mcgregors movement style.
>>
>>736365160
This doesn't piss on its dignity?
The biggest fight in 2017 will be a retired fighter vs a 1st fight pro? Boxing is a sport for Mexicans.
>>
>>736367593
promoters are party poopers
>>
>>736363611
It'll be a bullshit fight like the pacquiao fight. But they'll make massive amounts of money from it, an estimated 100m from it apparently.
>>
>>736363514
>>736363514
There's also an hour of footage of him beating up women. #dedication
>>
>>736367110
Diaz rocked him hard the only reason it went to the ground is because conor went for a TD.
>>
File: 8hc3bbR.jpg (56KB, 431x767px) Image search: [Google]
8hc3bbR.jpg
56KB, 431x767px
>>736367110
Both Diaz's are known for their strong boxing, so much that they sparred with Andre Ward whose considered the P4P best boxer in the world right now. you is a dumb.
>>
As long as the rules are centered around boxing, Floyd has a huge advantage, but I doubt he will actually knockout McGregor, Floyd will just go for points like always.

If the rules were centered around MMA, Floyd would be on life support.
>>
>>736367798
Kek
>>
>>736367593
Still a brand win tho. Especially if he scoops him.
>>
>>736367605
Floyds an olympian. And an undefeated professional. Connors a young guy who thinks he can take on the world, it doesnt matter if he knows boxing. It's whether or not he can outclass a future hall of famer at his own game. Ur Gay.
>>
>>736367280
Yet I'm still going to watch that shit.
>>
>>736363682
If he walks around at 160 why did he look like Mr skeleton when he had to weigh in at 145lbs.
>>
File: 1482974547243.webm (525KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1482974547243.webm
525KB, 400x224px
>>736367280

Yeah but there's that tiny as fuck chance that Goober lands on Floyd and puts him to sleep.

That's why we're all watching.
>>
>>736368011
What strats would get the win coming from both fighters.. floyds is obviously predictable...b ut that leaves a large opening. Weve seen a loy of ufc people box.. never the oyher way around. Boxers arent anything special minus endurance and reflexes
>>
File: image.gif (682KB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
682KB, 350x191px
I hope Connor gets stunned, forgets where he is and tornado kicks that nigger into the first row. The chaos would be worth the ppv price.
>>
File: 1497157949634.jpg (160KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497157949634.jpg
160KB, 1080x1080px
>>736360353
>>736360353
>>736360353
>>736360353
>>736360353
As much as I want to see Irish prick beat this wimin beater to a pulp. I'm pretty sure Floyd will play with him like Connor played with Alvarez. Which will be enough for him to be embarrassed out of boxing, ufc and start filling fast and furious 50 with Stratham and appearing in wwe.

Sad really, innit.
>>
>>736360353
I love MMA. There is a reason champion boxers don't go to the UFC. Its because they'll get their ass beat for less money.

Having said that, McGregor's only hope is that is that his age and power can get the better of Floyd. Chances are, Mayweather by boring decision.
>>
>>736368475

What's sad?

Conor was on welfare like 5 years ago and now he's going to make more in a single fight than any other MMA figher made in their entire careers. How the fuck is that sad?
>>
>>736368487
This guy gets it.
>>
mayweather is taking the win simply because theres more at stake for him and he knows it

the pressure should have his ass training right now as were talking about it

I dont see him, being the determined fighter that he is, tarnishing a perfect record over any amount of money, specially since hes already worth enough to live comfortably well into his last days
>>
>>736367280

This

Its Mayweathers legacy to be the most boring champion of all time.
>>
>>736366716
Underrated post,
>>
>>736369023
Mayweather is the best boxer at not losing. You'll have to go back a ways to find a fight that he really won.
>>
>>736367688
He did beat the shit outta pacquiao and cotto if you count him as one
>>
>>736368733
I'm talking about his ego, not his already morbidly obese wallet.
>>
>>736366606
Dude, this fight has been an unofficial thing since the Diaz fight. There is no way in fuck that Floyd hasn't been preparing for this. Do you honestly think he would put his record on the line with only a 6 week camp. Floyd will be in as good of shape as he has been for any fight. This isn't nothing but a cash grab for both f them. The difference is that floyds entire career would be looked at different.
>>
>>736369267
If Mayweather 'beat the shit' out of Pacquiao and Cotto than what does Canelo and Golovkin do to people?
>>
>>736369448
> Floyd will be in as good of shape as he has been for any fight.

The dude is long past his prime.
>>
>>736361837
you have way to much faith in mcgregor's boxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8kTW1ofejM
>>
>>736369706
Name on fight in the last 10 years that he was gassed. Don't get me wrong, I hate him. I hate everything about him but you can't say anything about his work ethic.
>>
>>736369511
Fight bums and putting on a showcase of mediocre skill
>>
>>736369876

Floyd is gonna mop the floor, mcgregor is not a boxer no matter how cocky he wants to be
>>
>>736368299
Yup. The only reason I would ever watch is to see Mcgregor knock his cocky ass out.
>>
>>736369876
Are you high? I'm not claiming that he is lazy or out of shape, I'm saying that he isn't going to be as athletic as he was in his prime. Nobody hits 40 without loosing some athletic ability.
>>
>>736370211
Yes, yes I am. Floyd a 60 could still outbox Connor.
>>
>>736370313
And what does that have to do with my original claim?
>>
>>736370013
Missing the point. Floyd doesn't lose, but he doesn't beat the shit out of people. He put the hurt on Hatton years ago and sucker punched Ortiz, but that about it.
>>
>>736366901
It was Nate for one, and two, Nate Diaz is one of the best BJJ black belts in MMA.
>>
>>736369876
I think after the first maidana fight he showed a little slowdown but nothing to big
>>
>>736367605
Nigga you just used the word ridic. You can't be calling anybody gay
>>
>>736370394
True
>>
Ways McGregor can win
> tornado spins
> no backfist hit, only opposite hand punch, transferring the force from the spin [spin into a Superman punch]
> by some miracle rocks him
> flurries on Floyd
> ko's him
> profit???1!

I know it sounds stupid, but it MIGHT work
>>
File: mcgregor ivan.webm (698KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
mcgregor ivan.webm
698KB, 854x480px
Conor is also broad and thick. He has a big head, longer arms, but also a much wider and thicker back and shoulders. Much like him vs Eddie Alvarez, on paper they are close but together McGregor was clearly the bigger guy. Floyd is smaller than Eddie Alvarez
>>
Anybody who says Conor has no chance didn't watch him out box Nate Diaz, and doesn't understand how good of a boxer Nate Diaz is. Nate Diaz grew up boxing, he boxes with world champion boxers that actually box, not run like Mayweather. He knocked Nate down 3 times. If he catches Mayweather the way he caught Nate, Mayweather will eat canvas.
>>
>>736370722
Yes, but he gets gassed. Being more compact helps you there.
>>
>>736370610
McGregor NEEDS to think outside the box to win this. Even if it means getting air time.
>>
Victor Ortiz was cleaning mayweather up before the head butt leading to his cheap shot knockout. Guess what, he was a South paw. Conor is going to hit Floyd in ways he's never been hit before. Cardio isn't needed if the fight doesn't go past round 3.
>>
>>736371374
You really think McGregor is going to stop Mayweather within 3 rounds? You're certainly an optimist.
>>
>>736365242

>Rebirth of boxing would be amazing. Only reason it's went to shit is promo people fucking Jews the shit out of the best fighters

No, boxing went to shit literally because of fighters like Mayweather. There's been the rise of the "technical boxer", the kind of guy that just runs around the ring avoiding his opponent or hugging him half the fight to win on the scorecard. The only prolific power fighter since the Tyson's reign in the 90's has been Klitschko.

Rally around how "smart" and "tactical" and "skillful" technical fighters are, but they're fucking BORING. The pubic at large comes to see a combat sport, one of the reasons MMA exploded while boxing went on the decline. Without a sprinkling of sluggers and knockout artists, it's never ever going to reclaim widespread appeal.
>>
>>736371778
>boxing went to shit literally because of fighters like Mayweather....the kind of guy that just runs around the ring avoiding his opponent or hugging him half the fight to win on the scorecard.

>"Mosca" De La Hoya
>>
>>736371643
If he doesn't, he loses.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.