[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here infinitely prefer automatic cars to manual cars?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 9

File: automatic-transmission.jpg (78KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
automatic-transmission.jpg
78KB, 800x531px
anyone here infinitely prefer automatic cars to manual cars?

i bought a manual car a while back and i got it at a steal and im glad i bought it but it seems like anytime ive ever drove it anywhere i felt like i needed a cigarette after wards because im always afraid of stalling when starting and stopping. also hills scare me even though i can start on one i just get nervous and sweaty thinking what if i stall and roll back

does this make me a pussy or pathetic for loving my automatic car? do most people in the us know how to drive/like driving a stick shift?
>>
>>735732195
10/10 OP your a pussy
>>
i don't know real numbers, but i'm guessing a pretty low percentage of people in the u.s. know how to drive a stick these days. there's just no real benefit to having a manual car - shifting yourself is kinda fun if you drive fast i guess but otherwise it does nothing.

i've driven my friend's stick shift one time on a road trip and i did ok but i couldn't imagine buying one unless i was a poor and it was all i could afford.
>>
>>735732195
You are shit at driving manual clearly, if you're confident you don't even think about gears, you just do them
>>
>>735732458
wrong
manual master race
many pros
better mpg, higher torque, can manually start, lasts longer, not auto trans fluid change, sexy, makes you drive better,
requires skill so devlops that, you can deny dumb bitches on driving it(see smart bitch can, dumb bitch wants to)
possibly cheaper, def better
my subie impreza is tight
>>
How long have you been driving manual? How much effort have you put into getting better? Is anyone teaching you?

No, manual drivers are rare in America because american auto makers pushed automatics as a luxury item, and it stuck.

Keep at it, get better, and in the future you will laugh at yourself for feeling this way right now. You'll "get it" eventually.
>>
>>735732195
You just need to practice it and the fear will go away
>>
>>735733481
about a week

feels like my first time driving again even though nothing bad happened i just worry that ill stall around cars
>>
>>735733169
I bet you modded your subaru for taking it down to the track, right? is it matte black with purple rims? do you wear monster energy drink clothes?
>>
>>735732195
I prefer manual transmissions to automatic transmissions for multiple reasons, with one reason being that I'm not lazy.
>>
>>735732508
This. OP is a pussy and a shot driver.
>>
>>735733717

The worry will fade as it all becomes second nature to you. You will appreciate the fact that you have more direct control of the car later.
>>
>>735733779
sti driver here

hate the subaru community as a whole but love the car. have kept it stock and selling it soon.

always funny seeing a subaru driver try to work a different manual, goes to show most of them in fact do not know how to drive

only downside is traffic
>>
In Europe everyone drives manual mostly. Ive been driving manual cars and motorbikes since about 14. I have an automatic and a manual, only got the auto because it was a good deal but it's nowhere near as fun to drive as a manual. Auto is boring, your fuel consumption is high and you just can't do anything cool in your car. Auto cars are ok for old folk who are lazy but manual cars are fun and you get way more involved with the car. After about 2 days of practice it became like second nature, you forget you're even changing gears it's muscle memory
>>
stalling on a hill will never ever ever in a million years happen ever. just give it way too much gas and then release the clutch. ya you'll rev the engine really high but whatever.
>>
File: 1493707029300.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1493707029300.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>735732508
This. OP you are a pussy. You are a fag, a lil bitch is what you are.
>>
>>735732195

>i bought a manual car a while back and i got it at a steal and im glad i bought it but it seems like anytime ive ever drove it anywhere i felt like i needed a cigarette after wards because im always afraid of stalling when starting and stopping. also hills scare me even though i can start on one i just get nervous and sweaty thinking what if i stall and roll back

That's how everyone feels when they first start out.
>>
>>735734557
yer is not like redlining a engine is bad for it or anything
>>
>>735734255
some retarded high school kid wrapped his matte black with purple rims sti around a tree by my house in the middle of the night over this past winter. it was loud as fuck, and now people put a bunch of crosses and flowers there and it pisses me off. if the kid hit someone and survived he would be in prison right now because he was going like 50+ in a 30 residential area and had several speeding tickets in the past. the local sheriff wrote an article in the newspaper saying he would have been charged with second degree murder if he had killed someone, and people shouldn't be treating him like some nice kid, which pissed off the town.

fuck subaru speed fanatics.
>>
>>735734255

>dur other drivers dunno how to drive but i do know how to drive gud

>driving in traffic is hard

?
>>
>>735734677

didn't ever say redline. OP is afraid of stalling. when does stalling happen? when you don't give it enough gas. sooo give it more gas.

fucking logic how does it work
>>
>>735732195
its no longer common in the us for people to know how to drive stick. Usually older people and car enthusiasts.
>>
>>735734255
this, like the cars but 95% of their owners are insufferable douchebags
>>
>>735734848
everyone I know can drive a stick, it's not some rare ability
>>
>>735732195
I prefer automatics, but it's just a preference because I learned on one.

You are a little bitch. Get gud.
>>
>>735734801
i can start on a hill fine when theres no one around but when in doubt i give it more gas even thought the tires may chirp lol
>>
>>735734690
i take it you have no idea what the clutch can do to your leg after 2 hours of stop and go
>>735734868
yep, worst part is they always have to come talk to you no matter where you're at.
>>
subaru impreza gets better gas mileage with auto than it does with manual. you're right that often manual gets better mileage, but not always. same goes for acceleration.
>>
>>735733779
Cut him some slack at least he posted some real positives about manuals other than just "They are better because I like/use them!"
>>
grew up with manual, but then drove automatic for some days.
All manual users are conservative cocksuckers
>>
>>735734801
> rev the engine really high but whatever
>didn't ever say redline
>>
>>735732195
Idk never really thought about it. Hills piss me off, but mainly when it's with a light and idiots sit right on your ass, because they don't expect you to roll back.

But yeah if you've driven a stick for 6 months and couldn't get comfortable with it, there's something wrong with you
>>
>>735734690

I think he meant that driving in traffic with a manual is the worst part about owning a manual.
>>
>>735735135
a lot of those things aren't really true anymore, like the mpg being better or making someone drive better.

the thing that really gets me is the "they last longer" thing. I buy a new car every 2-3 years since the monthly payment stays about the same. I'm pretty sure most people do that these days.
>>
File: lion.jpg (125KB, 735x720px) Image search: [Google]
lion.jpg
125KB, 735x720px
>>735732195

Judging from your post I am assuming that you are American... What the fuck is wrong with Americans and using Manuals? Pussies.
>>
>>735735139
How does one suck cock conservatively?
>>
>>735735512
why does driving an automatic make someone a pussy? you know most professional drivers dont drive manuals anymore, right?
>>
>>735735512
3 pedals is too many choices the yanks are a simple bread
>>
>>735735699
Call me bread again and I will fuck you up
>>
File: barface.jpg (16KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
barface.jpg
16KB, 390x390px
>>735735667

You guys have to simplify absolutely everything because you're too stupid and incapable of being practical. That's why there's a ton of stupid ass inventions being sold on American TV channels such as cringy ass tools which are completely unnessecary. Fuck your big city sliders and your "sonic knives". Fucking penises.
>>
>>735733169
Britfag reporting in to call bullshit on this cunt's myths

>better mpg
nope, not these days matey boy
>higher torque
bullfuckinshit pal
>can start car manually
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? you mean bump start eh? ok i'll give you that
>lasts longer
yeah the gearbox itself may, but clutches fuckin don't
>no auto trans fluid to change
WHAT IS GEAR OIL? DOES IT NEVER NEED CHANGED?DOES IT FUCKIN STINK ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU PUKE?
>sexy
holding a penis sunstitute in your hand makes you feel sexy?FAGGOT
>makes you drive better
ORLY? why then doesn't every autotragic driver crash and burn the instant they get in a car?
>requires skill
so does pissing while standing up, women can't do that either
>Subaru
go Equinox yourslf faggot, Imprezza is the most homosex car on the market

yours, TOB
>>
>>735735778
will you hit me with an alooooooinum pipe ??
>>
>>735735699
I know, right? They need to simplify every fucking thing they don't understand. They expect everything to be done for them.
>>
File: manual-vs-automatic-3-638.jpg (43KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
manual-vs-automatic-3-638.jpg
43KB, 638x479px
>>
>>735736077
"what do you mean the problem can't be fixed with my 9mm"
>>
>>735736008
I agree with everything you said, except about the imprezza being the most homosexual car on the market.

the kia soul is the most homosexual car on the market. maybe you guys dont have those over there.
>>
>>735732195
>does this make me a pussy or pathetic
Nope, it makes you and pussy and pathetic
>>
>>735734989
>>735734801
>>735735337
Are handbrake starts not taught in the US? You have to do one as part of your driving test here
>>
>>735733169
Do you have a chinstrap beard?
Do you vape and have a 16 year old girlfriend, even though you're in your mid 20's?
You sound like the type.
>>
>>735736196
how do you have better control in a manual when you have to use one of your hands to shift and one of your feet to work the clutch?

and no, manuals dont always get better fuel efficiency, especially since people buy manuals so they can rev higher.
>>
>>735736008
So should one feel like a pussy if they dont like driving a manual because of potential stalling?

and how common is it in the uk? do most people take driving lessons or just learn from parents?
>>
>>735736283
virtually everyone in the u.s. takes their driving test with an automatic car
>>
You're all faggots

I have an authentic hoverboard powered by time crystals.
>>
>>735736325
and the 16 year old bint in the passenger seat has her blonde hair in a pony tail, her fet on the dash and a packet of chips in her lap and a bored as fuck/vacant look in her eyes
>>
>>735736283
yeah they literally never taught us about stick shifts in either of the 2 drivers ed my parents had me enrolled in, and a lot of manuals in the usa have a floor pedal parking brake, no handle

also in your country how do you learn, did you have to go to a drivers school?
>>
>>735736466
Wait, you don't have separate manual and automatic licenses? You can take your test in an automatic and then immediately go out and drive a manual?
>>
>>735735661
Don't make eye contact and dont swallow.
>>
Using an automatic makes sense for a daily commuter.
A manual is more fun though.

That's why my point A to point B driver is automatic, but I have a motorcycle for fun and rattling through gears.
>>
>>735736629
Yes.
At least it's this way in Canada.
A friend took the test in an automatic, hopped into a standard after (in the winter, in Alberta). Two weeks later he wrapped that car around a tree because he was changing gears while going around a corner with black ice on it.
>>
>>735736438
legal obligation now to take lessons.
nah, don't be afraid to stall, fuck the cunt behind you mate, slap on the hazard lights, get into nuetral and start the car back up. this is when the nerves kick in, you give it too much gas and peel a strip of rbber off the tyres as you screech away with the hazard lights still flashing(which you'll only remember 2 miles down the road)
>>
>>735736594
Going to a drivers school isn't mandatory, but if you want to pass it really helps if you want to pass. There's a written test, the driving assessment, a test to make sure you notice and handle unexpected situation, and 50 hours minimum driving experience before you get a license.
>>
grew up using the manual and had used the same car for 2 years fucking loved it tbh
BUT when i got my first auto car it was so fucking comfy driving thru traffic when in manual its fucking annoying af so auto is better imo
>>
>>735736196

>>better fuel efficiency

sure, because i can shift better than the computer controlling my gears.
>>
>>735736629
yea, and you generally dont have to do any sort of drivers education either, just have your parents sign that they think you know how to drive, then take your road test.

most people who fail their road test here fail because they screw up parallel parking anyways.
>>
>>735736629
correct in u.s. drivers license applies to manual and automatic. i learned to drive in an automatic, the only time i've driven a manual was before going on a road trip, friend who owned the car gave me a 10 minute lesson in a parking lot and off we went.
>>
>>735736858
What country man? in the usa? licences are the same regardless but with heavy truck CDLs you can only drive an automatic if thats what you test in
>>
>>735736842
Wtf
Yeah that's fucked, it's like not having separate heavy vehicle licenses. One is much harder than the other for new drivers.
>>
in the US, outside of sports cars, finding a car in the color and trim you want in manual is a pain in the dick
>>
>>735736196
The better fuel efficiency hasn't been true for about 10 years.
>>
To add to this in the U.S. the majority of car companies don't off a manual option when building a car (online) unless its a sports/sporty car or a higher end truck. Ex: The Ford F-150 does not come with a manual option but the 250 does.
>>
File: j gate master race.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
j gate master race.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
SUDDENLY, A WILD UNTAMED J GATE APPEARS

right hand side, autotragic, nice n sedate, days out with the missus n kids

left hand side, wild animal mode engaged, will try to rip your face off and fuck your eye sockets, for pissing off Subaru Imprezza hair dressers and homosex, also fun for showing off and general hooning
>>
Manual driving is equal to playing games on PC, both master race.
>>
>>735736891
in new york I had to take a written test that was pretty much just "what does this sign mean?" with a picture of a stop sign. I had to have my parents sign a form that said I had driven more than 20 hours with my learner's permit, which I probably didnt, then took a road test where the only thing remotely difficult was parallel parking behind a car with no car behind.

quick story, I was parallel parking and some nigger came up and started talking at the car while the windows were down. the test guy rolled down the window and interrupted him asking what he wanted. the dude pulled out a bootleg copy of pirhana 3d and wanted to know if we wanted to buy it for $10.
>>
>>735737038
god's own country

SCOTLAND

sit the test in an auto, be restricted to auto
sit test in manuel, drive manuel and auto
>>
>>735737442
>what country?
>scotland
lol, thats like calling puerto rico a country.
>>
>>735736008
Literally your argument is just NOPE NOPE NOPE LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA

Grow up faggot and actually give some evidence in your argument like a man.
0/10
>>
>>735732195
As someone with a drivers license. + motorcycle + forklift + CDL, CLASS' H, P.

Fuck manual. It's a novelty for the past like 15 years. Auto trans can shift faster then I could ever hope too.

F1 has special rules put in place to keep manual around to try to hold onto the skill of the sport.. Otherwise they would be automatic.
>>
If i want to hold the gears longer, i put the automatic in sport mode. Fuck manual.
>>
File: 14532761140_dc2c664d45_b.jpg (269KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14532761140_dc2c664d45_b.jpg
269KB, 1024x768px
>>735737794
>CDL
fuck yeah dude i love mack trucks, dont know how to drive one but im around them all day and get to change airbrakes

So if I get real nervous driving a manual car because im afraid of stalling out when starting from stops is driving a truck almost certainly not something i should want to learn?

honestly i have trouble doing the whole let off clutch slow and slowly give it gas but ive moved a ram 3500 6 speed and it would go easy just letting off the clutch no throttle

***also in trucks like macks and peterbilts how bad are hill starts? do you have to worry about stalling? can you just ease off the clutch or do you have to give it fuel too?

thank you
>>
>>735737536
hold on a sec , dealing with this cunt >>735737520
first

Scotland the home of 99% of modern inventions and discoveries, the country that gave the USA most of it's good shit including your Navy and your money ffs, now piss off and lrn2Scotland

ok >>735737536 faggot heres my evidence

been driving both autotragic and mauel since 1981, round about that time your daddy was still a glint in gandpaws eye.
i've worked as a cabbie driving both kinds of transmission, this is why i actually favour autotragic. i'd regularly cover 200k miles per year, yes two hundred thousand per annum.

i've owned my own taxi company and had over 20 cars in my fleet at one point.

so see yr nope nope nope la la la la pish, even my 11 year old ADHD son gives me a better fuckin arguement than that

inb4whats an old cunt like you doing on 4chan?
looking at your mom on the "pics you shouldn't share" threads
>>
>not having an 8 speed automatic

lol this isnt the stone age anymore kids
>>
>>735732195
Cuz drifting
>>
>>735738076
Generally depends on the hill. It's pretty solid if you got a good transmission.

A CDL school will teach you everything. So go for it. You're only nervous because you're new at it. It will go away.
>>
>>735738096
ok, youre free to think that, but scotland is not a country.
>>
>>735738096
Does being an american who doesnt enjoy driving manual or getting nervous about potential stalling kinda make you a pussy? I see people say it makes you lazy but i dont really see how, shifting is easy and honestly kinda fun but starting for me can be pretty inconsistent honestly
>>
I drive a mazda cx5, my chick drives a 3 series. a manual would be fucking retarded in those cars.
>>
I drive both everyday. 9 ton auto truck gets 12mpg@75mph, 7 ton manual gets 10mpg@60mph and is a hell of a leg work out in traffic. Auto probably wins.
>>
>>735738408
what about like driving on the road in general at stop signs? ive changed clutch brakes so i knwo how you are supposed to use the clutch in a truck but not first hand, do you just ease off and youre rolling? also what gear can you start in on the road especially from a dead stop?

most transmissions ive saw were 8ll eatons with the deep reduction blue button
>>
>>735738410
yes it is, it has it's own laws, it's own banking system, can mint its own currency has its own flag and it's own NHS and Police Force.

the only thing we don't have is complete autonomouse control.

anyay the USA is NOT a country either, it's an amalgamation of independent states, says so on the fuckin box too.
>>
>>735738686
lol whatever makes you feel better.
>>
>>735738613
they actually offer a manual cx-5 too
>>
>does this make me a pussy or pathetic for loving my automatic car?

Yes, OP.
It does.
>>
>>735738778
only in the lowest trim with cloth seats.
>>
>>735738435
i've been told that driving an auto makes you lazy but i can't for the life of me remember the last time i got into my car in my jimjams n slippers coz i was too fuckin lazy....nah its a bloody myth.
>>
>>735732195
I prefer automatic because i'm too lazy to shift. when im on my way to work/back home, i just dont have enough willpower for that bullshit.
I like manual shifting on my bike though.
>>
>>735738737
suck ma hairy Scottish ginger balls
>>
File: triggered.jpg (61KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
61KB, 500x281px
>>735732195

I prefer Automatic alot better and I can manipulate the drivetrain in a way to get more juice out of it similar to a manual.

Has to do with using gears 1&2 at the bottom then going to D, or if you're in 3/drive you can cause it to shift up to 4 in a leisurely way by taking your foot off the pedal a little bit.

Honestly I wish our cars were Manual except with gear switches like the have on racecars.

Those just have all 5 gears as little toggles that you push at the right time. They dont have to hit the clutch, that part is automatic, but the gear selection is manual.

> before any fags complain about the simplicity of manual being better... I will throw in the argument that due to the Advancement Of Technology we don't have to be constrained by shit like that anymore.
>>
>>735739479
>all 5 gears
>advancement of technology
lol, i'm with you on automatic, but 5 gears still? what?
>>
CVT is the future. Snowmobile transmissions in everything.
>>
>>735740409
thanks, subaru.
>>
>>735736008
>manual start
Roll starting it is useful in case starter goes out or battery dies.
>>
>>735740701
you have to be a retard for that to happen.
>>
Anon I stalled my MINI twelve times on the test drive at the dealership. In a few weeks I had it pretty okay. It's been six months and I've pretty much mastered it.

Some tips:
- Don't slam the gears
- Get up to at least 3,000 rpm before shifting up (this helps ensure a smooth shift)
- On hill starts use your handbrake to hold the car still, hold the accelerator to about 2,500 rpm and then drop the clutch and disengage the handbrake at the same time when you're ready to go (this takes some practice)
- Don't slam gears, you'll wear out the clutch

Go out for a few hours each night and practice. Once you get the hang of it you won't look back.
>>
>>735740786
Because nothing breaks, ever.
>>
>>735740984
i've never had that happen. a battery dying is barely more understandable than running out of gas.

then again, I dont buy used beater cars.
>>
>>735740409

Yup, if it's banned in racing it means it does an excellent job.

My first couple vehicles were a manual and I had my neighbors dads vette up to 164 at 14 so I am an expert on this topic.

Car for fun = Manual
Rich prick non gear head = DCT
Just trying to get to work and through the week hating life at a minimum = automatic
>>
>>735733169
>subie impreza
I know 3 people with this car and they're all basic white chicks who try to talk cars with guys to seem cool
>>
>>735740786
I have been a retard before and roll start saved me hours stuck by the side of the road

plus a couple of battery failures
>>
>>735741418
hours? you dont have AAA? why were you starting your car by the side of the road anyways?
>>
>>735740701
>2005 Subaru Legacy GT Turbo manual transmission reporting in

>>735740701
Everyone makes that argument and yet that basically never happens so you definitely shouldn't weigh it in the decision. I like being able to zoom around in different gears with my manual with turbo but it's a huge pain in the ass when you're in traffic or stopping a lot. I'm not planning on getting another performance vehicle after my current one so I'll probably switch over to automatic

I don't think preferring an automatic transmissions makes you a pussy as there are a lot of valid reasons to want one, but everyone should at least learn how to drive stick. What if your waifu wants you to take her out for dinner but her car is a manual hot rod and you have to rid shotgun like a bitch while she holds your balls like a trophy of your failure as a human being?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170613-210157.png (965KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170613-210157.png
965KB, 1440x2560px
>>735733779
Coworkers car described to a T
>>
>>735741910
its a low trim civic though
>>
>>735741910
>taken outside the dollar store
lol what kind of shit job do you have? or are you just working part time while going to school?
>>
>>735742050
I work on a frac and I am in college.
Btw i drive a 2017 Toyota Avalon, thats my coworkers car
>>
>>735742050
read the post faggot
>>
>>735741589
I personally ride motorcycle more than any other transportation, but I will probably be getting an automatic when I do get another vehicle.
>>
>>735742281
It's his coworkers car, I get that. I dont work with people who drive something like that.
>>
>>735732195
i been driving my 1996 f 150 2wd 5 speed i6 for 12 years now, love it more than anything, my uncle died in december and i got his car, its a 2007 nissan murano with a cvt, i drove it for 2 months and already rear ended someone, at a stop light i took my foot off the break and it just jumped forward and i hit the older ford taurus before i hit the break, if i was in my truck this wouldnt have happened because the car dont move until you release that clutch, i think its mainly just the cvt vs traditional automatic, but i still dont like that shit, its fucking annoying to try and drive a car that tries to drive itsself
>>
>>735742374
Marks a little... special
>>
>>735742232
>I work on a frac
Jesus so it's horrible gruelling work and you have to go home every night with the knowledge that you're a part of the problem? That sucks bro
>>
>>735742430
does he have a chinstrap beard? I'm guessing he's white and has a few tattoos, probably smokes cigarettes and wears a black wife beater?
>>
>>735742489
I make 6 figures and dont give a fuck about the enviorment.
>>
>>735732195

I learned how to drive on a stick, so I know how to drive one.. but. I own an automatic.. cause shifting is annoying after a while. I don't have a small dick so I could care less about my car.
>>
>>735742511
yessir thats him
>>
>>735732195
Once you put in the practice its a lot more natural feeling. For me driving a auto now feels like a chore because its so boring, with a manual I actually enjoy driving. Traffic blows in a Manual though, always will in a heavy old car
>>
>>735732195
>homofagual detected, auto gearboxes are for fucking fagits who can't drive for shit

fagit
>>
>>735736008
Your full of as much shit as the soft arsed pansy bastard OP
>>
>>735742489
liberal faggot
>>
Manual>automatic

Maybe for average driver i recommend automatic, they need less distractions when driving.

Europe.
>>
>>735742847
not wanting earthquakes nowhere near a fault line makes someone a liberal?
>>
>>735738096
547 miles per day 7 days per week?

so you average 22mph for the whole 168 hours of a week?

fucking bullshitter
>>
>>735742927
Do you even know what the marcellus shale is? Or how fracing even works faglord?

Some communities this is all we have.

Trust me not my first choice of work, but it pays well enough that I can get a decent education and put food on the table. The fuck you do for a living?
>>
>>735742927
Making any sort of scientific argument automatically makes you a liberal
>>
>>735742571
Sounds like you're pretty hardcore bro, wouldn't want to run into you on the street
>>
>>735743209
yep. and tapping it is causing earthquakes in appalachia.
>>
>>735743226
And I agree man it is destroying our local ecosystem, weve had earthquakes with a magnitude of 4 in our area. But I guarantee in my shoes youd do the same
>>
Makes rush hour standstills not cost me in clutch replacements. That's about it. Otherwise I'd have a manual.
>>
>>735743401
nah, I would move out of the area where there are no jobs. you know you can leave, right?
>>
>>735743477
cost money to move man.
>>
>>735743525
as soon as i finish college im getting the fuck outta pa.
>>
>>735743525
so ask your parents for money.
>>
>>735733169
one of us, one of us, one of us.
>>
>>735743445
I replaced the clutch in my car for 35 dollars what are you on about
>>
>>735743579
What part of know jobs do you not understand lol? The average salary in my area is less than 30k a year.

I make more than my parents.
>>
You idiots can't tell the difference between a clutch and a fucking fluid coupling, nor what that means.

These threads are just like pc v's console. Everyone wants to argue but there's only one truth:

They both have their place.

/thread
>>
>>735743719
no jobs*>>735743620
>>
>>735743719
what happened to all their money?
>>
>>735733169
>subie impreza
shit tier car faggot
>>
>>735743769
theyve never had money retard.

Thus is appalachia
>>
>>735743823
why didnt they move to where there are jobs?
>>
>>735743769
Only econmy in my area us coal and natural gas, coal got shut down in 2012 puts thousands of people outta work
>>
>>735743948
so move, retard.
>>
>>735743896
ah fuck it, im either being trolled or your a retard, prob both
>>
>>735744015
i will when im done with school, if i quit my job and move i cant afford college
>>
>don't need to pretend i'm a race car driver because i have a life and am not a teenager
>travel frequently on both highway and city roads and don't want to babysit a stick and clutch every time i need to run an errand or go to work
>not a poorfag, so i don't need to stretch 5 more miles out of a tank of gas
>don't want to be practically incapable of driving my car if i injure a limb
>self-sufficient, so i don't have to convince myself and others that a car i was gifted is better because it's manual

So far there doesn't seem to be anything positive for me about manual.
>>
>>735743445
Don't have time to diy, so to the mechanic it goes.
>>
>>735744419
>Obviously never road in ice, mud or snow.
>obviously never heard of a 2nd gear start
>obviously an Amerifat.
>>
>>735736283
i took my test in an automatic but have never owned an auto. never done a handbrake start, also have never rolled back more that 4 inches taking off(even when i visited san Francisco)
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.