[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does god exist?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 33

Does god exist?
>>
>>735633457

Probably not. No compelling evidence to think that he does.
>>
maybe so
>>
File: 0_h6H0OAeyQGuWzKQ8.jpg (122KB, 800x735px) Image search: [Google]
0_h6H0OAeyQGuWzKQ8.jpg
122KB, 800x735px
>>
Only if you really think so. Otherwise, no. If a god does exist, it behaves as though it does not.
>>
File: 1472179853242.jpg (30KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1472179853242.jpg
30KB, 560x560px
>>735633457
If you want, sure.
>>
File: IMG_1574.jpg (124KB, 640x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1574.jpg
124KB, 640x812px
AHAhahahah....

No dumbass gods do not exist.
>>
>>735633614
I don't know.
>>
I think so. Though I'm fairly certain it isn't a force for good.
>>
>>735634092

How do you know?
>>
What kind of just and loving god sends his own children to hell because they had a short and sinful life?
>>
>>735634364

That's not an argument for whether or not god exists.
>>
>>735634602
He obviously isn't arguing that point retard
>>
>>735633457
Honestly I don't care about what I can't control. If it helps you sleep at night go ahead, but I'm not worrying about it much. If he's real cool, I've always kept an open mind about god so hopefully things turn out for the best. If not then cool, not like I'll be able to care because I'll simply not exist. I'm honestly cool with either option.
>>
>>735634722

Agreed. I believe i pointed that out.
Thanks for reiterating
>>
File: 1438898617957.jpg (25KB, 447x433px) Image search: [Google]
1438898617957.jpg
25KB, 447x433px
>>
>>735634127

Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>735634888
fag
>>
Yes it's ME! I AM GOD!
>>
>>735633457
No, if he does, he's a cunt for what he's done to me.
>>
>>735634364
He doesn't. Unless you know you're doing wrong and continue to do it you can ask for forgiveness at any time.
>>
it depends on if you're religious or not. science and religion don['t mix.
>>
There is no evidence that god exists.
Neither the bible, nor the quran or the tora proves shit. Each of these scriptures are full contradictions and scientific errors.

If god exists, he should have known that. He should have delivered some proper proofs for his existence, not some fairy tales which couldn't holding the time.
>>
>>735635072
He doesn't owe you shit. If he's real he's given you this life, you're the one responsible for fucking it up. Make what you can out of life because you're your own god.
>>
>>735633457
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
>>
File: 1494173623175.png (826KB, 648x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494173623175.png
826KB, 648x1024px
GOD IS PORTUGUESE
>>
>>735635192
It's not my fault my mom was crippled for two years and died on mother's day, cunt.
>>
>>735633457
Can god create a stone so heavy even he cannot lift?
>>
>>735634833
Even with the fact that he might be Allah and will burn you for eternety because you didn't worship him 5 times a day?
>>
>>735635136
What proof do we have that anything is true? We know the universe was created by the big bang but why do we know that? We're openly trusting something that we don't understand. No matter which way you look at it you're trusting someone you've never meet about something you've never seen. Hence why I'm Agnostic.
>>
>>735635280
Yeah that sucks man but it's how you respond to those events that defines you. God or no god you have to find your own peace in life.
>>
>>735633457
Impossible. A being existing before the creation of the universe, or capable of creating a universe could not exist. Before the universe, there was nothing. Therefore, nothing could have created it.
>>
Islam or Christianity?
Either way, you will fuck up and end up in hell anyway. Whats even the point?
>>
>>735635377

The obvious difference between trusting in god and accepting the big bang theory is that there is observable evidence that indicates the event of the big bang. There is no observable evidence that indicates a god.
>>
>>735633677
No compelling evidence that he doesn't.
>Doesn't hearing the same old thing get old
>>
>>735635575
Where does it say he existed before the universe? I'm not refuting just curious.
>>
No you're literally retarded if you even think it's possible. Fucking kill yourselves you apes.
>>
>>735635575

Whatever makes you assume that there was nothing? What makes you assume that nothing is the default position which something must replace?

Has anyone ever observed nothing? Nothing is a hypothetical. There is no evidence that nothing is even possible.
>>
>>735635580
Why must god be of an estabilished religion? Or an Abrahamic one?
>>
>>735635604
>there is observable evidence that indicates the event of the big bang. There is no observable evidence that indicates a god.

There is plenty of unexplained events that could be quantified as "god". Plus the big bang and gods flash of light sound fairly similar anyway.
>>
>>735635377
The whole point of religion is faith. The point is to believe without evidence. Believing in something won't hurt you.
>>
>>735635664

There is no evidence that god doesn't exist because you can't show evidence of something that is not there.

But of course the necessary theological hypothesis states that god exists. In the absence of any compelling evidence to support this hypothesis we fail to reject the null hypothesis which is that god does not exist.

>doesn't regurgitating specious tripe get old?
>>
>>735635680

It is certainly possible. If you have any evidence that it is not then present it.
Otherwise, see yourself out, imbecile
>>
>>735635794
>There is plenty of unexplained events that could be quantified as "god"

Yeah, that's known as the god of the gaps and by its very nature, that argument erodes itself.
>>
>>735635671
God, the creator of everything. Life and matter. The creator of the universe. God must exist before the universe, to create the universe. For if the universe existed before God, then God is not the creator and therefore not God.

>>735635696
In order for something to exist, it must not exist first. It is a law of the universe and has always been a law of the universe. Example...
There was a point in time where life did not exist on our planet, and now it does.
>>
>>735636167
What makes you sure that you are believing in the right god?
What if God is Allah and he will punish you for not joining ISIS ?
>>
>>735635507
I care about nothing in life anymore. It's just sadness most of the time, and when I'm happy, it only lasts for a few seconds. I'm mostly over it, but I'm still in a god-awful state in my life. I know it will get better, but I just miss when I was younger, when me and my mom and my sister would just drive around town, in the middle of the night, looking for stuff to do. When we would all just huddle around out small tv and watch a movie or two, and we would be happy. She died two years ago and I don't even know what from, I never got to say goodbye. She wasn't the best mom but she was the only one I had. I was a fun-loving boy who liked to make people happy, now, I'm just a cynic, who thinks that human life doesn't matter, who dis-likes everybody I see with an unknown passion. I am a shell of what I ponce was, and I don't know how to fix myself, but I know it might get better. It has too.
>>
>>735633457
Yes, although likely not in the form that many humans believe it to be.
>>
Everything which has a beginning has a cause, the universe has a beginning therefore it has a cause.

God, unlike the universe, had no beginning, so doesn’t need a cause. In addition, Einstein’s general relativity, which has much experimental support, shows that time is linked to matter and space. So time itself would have begun along with matter and space. Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time, therefore doesn't have a cause.
(Isaiah 57:15)
>>
>>735636167
>In order for something to exist, it must not exist first. It is a law of the universe and has always been a law of the universe.

Says who? How do we know this "law"of the universe?
There is no evidence of nothing. Only a fabricated hypothetical idea.

>. Example...
There was a point in time where life did not exist on our planet, and now it does.

And a feeble example at that. Obviously before life began there was still something around. Life is simply a different state of something than non life.
No evidence that nothing is even possible.
Try again.
>>
>>735633457
not in the sense you mean.
>>
>>735636604

So essentially you accept one un-caused cause and reject another.
An unverifiable position sustained by special pleading.
>>
I think so but it's probably not a humanoid like many suggest. It's hard to believe something didn't kickstart the big bang, but I don't know about Heaven or any of that.
>>
File: simplejack.jpg (12KB, 277x185px) Image search: [Google]
simplejack.jpg
12KB, 277x185px
>>735636604
>Everything which has a beginning has a cause, the universe has a beginning therefore it has a cause.
>>
>>735636314
Let's assume God exists then. Why would my doings matter? Why would my beliefs matter? I am nothing but an ant compared to God. God created billions of galaxies, with an unknown amount of beings. Why would one simple life, or 6 billion lives, matter to God? If there were a God, God could not be biased. God is an almighty being that has no weakness, and can create/destroy at will. God is superior in every way. Being biased shows emotion, and emotions are a weakness. A God that has emotions is no God at all.
There is no "right" or "wrong" God. There can only be one, and the existence of God is nothing more than an idea. As I said before, if it didn't create us and our universe, it is not God.
>>
My favorite question to bible thumpers.

> old testament god send his followers to kill entire villages; men, women, and children
> we can all agree that the weapon of choice during that area to attack or defend, would be a sword of some type
> what is the best, most efficient way for a soldier of God to cut a child down?
> it would take a lot of energy to swing a sword, make contact with the human body, then take it back out if it did not cut through.

How would god justify this when a soldier came to him for psychological help when a child's mother is screaming, her innocent child crying, everyone begging for their lives?
>>
>>735633457
No, what's your with you? Kids are raped murdered, starving and suffer all around the world. Why would god allow that? An innocent kid that did nothing, but be born.

The world makes more sense when you realize this, besides there being no scientific evidence and evidence that Jesus and his gang were just a mushrooms.
>>
>>735634875
Continue being obtuse nigger
>>
>>735636510
I feel you man, I'm truly sorry and hope you find happiness somehow. I would offer advice but honestly I don't have the answers myself. Something that traumatic isn't something you're going to get over soon. As someone who has lost family and friends(mainly to suicide) all I can say is that it sucks and something that you will get past in your own time. Just know that she loved you and nothing can take that away. Even death.

Goodluck man, I hope you find your happiness someday.
>>
File: 1496281672125.jpg (22KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496281672125.jpg
22KB, 236x236px
Proficy of the old testament the world will end in fire.

O Lord Jesus Its a Fire.

https://youtu.be/tRuORzP2_PY

End of the world came she told Jesus. Ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>735633457
I think there might be aliens, like a pretty good chance of another intelligent life form.
>>
>>735636974

I don't understand what point you're trying to make.
Surely god would be like "i'm god, you done good" and the soldier would be pretty psyched about that
>>
>>735637102

tut tut. No need to be rude.
Run along now...
>>
>>735637156
Thanks, Anon. At least you're a nice dude-bro who calls me a faggot like most of the people on this site.
>>
>>735637337
*Doesn't lol
>>
>>735636974
I suppose you think Jack and the Bean stalk is based on a true story too right? The point isn't the story itself rather the message, many stories at the time were extremely morbid and mean't to spread fear.
>>
>>735636629
>Obviously before life began there was still something around
Something that wasn't alive. Just inorganic matter. And before that existed, nothing existed in our solar system.
This only proves my point to be valid.
This law is the foundation of our universe, and continues to do so.
Let me ask you this, what exactly is the universe doing right at this very moment?
It is expanding. It is creating new galaxies and solar systems with new born stars and solar systems. Places at where it never existed. And it continues to do so.
In order for something to exist, it must not exist in the first place.
>>
File: 1496177621183.jpg (22KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
1496177621183.jpg
22KB, 500x396px
>>735637373
>>735637337
*Doesn't call me a faggot.
Kek. Good laugh.
>>
File: No__Please_no.webm (165KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
No__Please_no.webm
165KB, 500x213px
>>735636881
my mind. stop please
>>
Ye
>>
>>735637208
If theirs not that would be extremely depressing. Imagine we're the only hope for the universe. What are you guys doing with your time? Shitposting on 4chan? What if when we all die off all intelligent life is gone. We probably aren't making it another 100 million years unless we get some kind of alien presence to guide us. Whether we nuke ourselves to death or a meteor finally lands right our species has a very high chance of dying off in the next 100 million years. This is an incredibly depressing thought honestly.
>>
>>735635192
>If he's real he's given you this life
Yeah that's what I'm angry with him about tbh.
>>
>>735637469
>Something that wasn't alive. Just inorganic matter.

>Something that wasn't alive. Just inorganic matter.

....sorry but inorganic matter is definitely something. It's not life but it's absolutely not nothing.
So again, you present no evidence that nothing is even possible.

>And before that existed, nothing existed in our solar system.

If you mean that at one time our solar system didn't exist then you are correct. Of course all that matter was present elsewhere.
Still no evidence of nothing.
Try again.

>This law is the foundation of our universe, and continues to do so.

You can repeat that as often as you like. You've yet to support that assertion.

>. Places at where it never existed.

Sure. And what evidence to you have to suggest that in those places there is nothing? No matter, no space, no time.
Go on.Let's hear it...
>>
>>735637943
lol
>>
I'm a Deist, so I believe that there is a God and Jesus is the Son of God. I believe God is like a clock-maker. He created the world and put it in motion, but doesn't play much of a role in our daily lives. We will be judged, but he mostly watches everything. The world's affairs are seen by Him, and our choices will add up in the end, but until then, He is still up there, watching our every move. That's how I see it.
>>
>>735638029
Deism isn't synonymous with believing only in the Christian deity...
>>
File: 1495418035201.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495418035201.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>735637860
No you will be plucked like a weed and cast into the everlasting fire. While the survivors live forever on your burning energy energy cannot be created or destroyed only rearranged Lord Jesus ain't nobody got time to burn forever.
>>
>>735636873
the best is
>time is linked to space!
lmfao, completely out of context and construed to mean something entirely different, toppest of keks.
>>
>>735637995
There is no place in existence that contains nothingness. To state that there is only proves that something exists to contain it.
>>
>>735633457
No, religion is slavery, It has always and will always be a vector of control over a population. Free yourself.

You might wanna check this out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591024811?ie=UTF8&tag=booktalk08-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=1591024811

or this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0618680004?ie=UTF8&tag=booktalk08-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0618680004

They are both a little abrasive but very level headed.

Good luck.
>>
File: 1497299646454.jpg (78KB, 714x714px) Image search: [Google]
1497299646454.jpg
78KB, 714x714px
Everything is made of energy that energy is what flows through all things. We a re all just 1s and 0s on Gods computer.
>>
>>735638393
>There is no place in existence that contains nothingness

Agreed. So why does anyone who's not adhering to "in the beginning there was nothing" assume that nothing is even possible?
>>
>>735638511
Religion was created to control the ignorant masses and to give interpretation to things that weren't known to have an explanation at that time, or they did have some sort of legitimate explanation that was subsequently quashed in order to maintain the ignorance of the masses and control over them.
>>
>>735638511
I agree if you read revelation when Jesus comes back hes pretty pissed off with every church kinda makes you wander.
>>
>>735633457
No. God is.
>>
>>735633457
If he does, he doesn't want us to know what's actually going on.
Sure, he created that message about his perfect plan, but that's not the first (or last) time that happened. The fact that the perfect plan includes the existence of hundreds of major religions over tens of thousands of years means none of them can actually be the one true message.
If God wanted there to only be one true message, then that's all there *would* be. It's not like an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being wouldn't be able to make it clear if he really wanted to.

Not saying that people shouldn't believe _____ whole-heartedly. Clearly God's plan has a purpose for people who believe ______ is the absolute truth, but he also apparently has a purpose for people who believe [______] whole-heartedly, and people who believe ??????? whole-heartedly, etc, etc.

Because if he didn't want that, it couldn't exist.
>>
>>735638774
They read books with fairy tales in them that are intended to provide parables to lead a moral life, but would rather use them as a science book.
>>
I am one with the force. The force is with me.
>>
>>735638981
No, DARKSEID IS.
God is "He who is called I AM"
>>
>>735638789
This is ignorance the Bible has proven science was born from the Bible peoples drive to disprove it have time after time proved it. Advanced mathematics the earth is round every major scientific breakthrough The Big Bang God spoke waves of energy into existence.
>>
>>735637860
Hawkins has warned about us trying to reach out to aliens. We might end up kunta kintes to aliens. They enslave us and then take all our cool shit, like water.
>>
>>735635854
Tell that to Omar Mateen.
>>
>>735638990
Isaiah 55:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
>>
>>735639011

lol yup
>>
>>735639335
"The Tao that can be expressed in words is not the true Tao."
"The moment one opens his mouth to speak of the Tao, he misses the mark entirely."
>>
File: IMG_2956.jpg (16KB, 193x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2956.jpg
16KB, 193x262px
>>735633457
If you're asking if someone hears you when you pray, then no, God does not exist. But here's a trap for your troubles.
>>
>>735639335
>as the heavens are higher than the earth
so....not at all?
Because there is no "higher than" since the earth is just a little ball waaaaaaaay of in West Bumfuck, Nowhere near the end of one spiral arm of one spiral galaxy in a small-ish cluster of galaxies way off to the side of the universe.

The heavens being "above the earth" kinda went out the window when we realized that we're orbiting the sun.
>>
File: 140 million year old hammer.jpg (17KB, 380x246px) Image search: [Google]
140 million year old hammer.jpg
17KB, 380x246px
>>735639011
Funny how those fairy tale books mention city's that wind up being real bitch slapping your flawed science right in the face.
>>
>>735639647
>Funny how those fairy tale books mention city's that wind up being real
So what? Almost every issue of Spider-Man mentions New York.
>>
Here's the proof here
https://youtu.be/qZL0-b64uPo
>>
>>735639230
Where does the bible explain the Pythagorean Thereom? Why was it used to imprison Galileo? Why was it used to persecute scientists?
Which verse has the calculations of the earth's geometry?
What kind of energy waves makes up god's speech? Photons? Alpha waves? X-rays?
>>
File: 1495496081283.jpg (17KB, 273x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495496081283.jpg
17KB, 273x300px
>>735639645
Isaiah 38:8 - Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

Job 9:7 - Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.

Job 26:10 - He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

Isaiah 40:22 - [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.
>>
>>735633457
Who cares?
>>
>>735639737

lol my favourite rebuttal to the "but there are real places in the bible!" argument
>>
File: 1495673644832.jpg (57KB, 456x445px) Image search: [Google]
1495673644832.jpg
57KB, 456x445px
>>735634364
>>
>>735640029

The Bible is an excellent contemporary historical document, the argument is whether or not the god shit is real (it isn't).
>>
>>735639940
>Isaiah 38:8
>Job 9:7
Both of those would be manipulating the EARTH, not the sun. The sun doesn't "rise" we're just spinning around so sometimes we're facing it and sometimes we're not.
>>
>>735639335
> "the heavens are higher than the earth"

How can one object be higher than another when said object is contained within?

Is he quoting god? or just writing down what he'd think god would say? Also KJV is just one interpretation, does the Torah say the same thing (as you're citing the old testament)....
>>
>>735640024

...he said at the bottom of a thread that had been running for more than an hour. And then he just slunk away, amazed at the scope of his own stupidity.

The end.
>>
>>735639797
1 Kings 7:23 - And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: [it was] round all about, and his height [was] five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

Psalms 90:12 - So teach [us] to number our days, that we may apply [our] hearts unto wisdom.

Genesis 6:15-16 - And this [is the fashion] which thou shalt make it [of]: The length of the ark [shall be] three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. (Read More...)

1 Kings 6:2-3 - And the house which king Solomon built for the LORD, the length thereof [was] threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof twenty [cubits], and the height thereof thirty cubits. (Read More...)

Luke 14:28 - For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have [sufficient] to finish [it]?

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Genesis 6:19-20 - And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female. (Read More...)

1 Kings 6:6 - The nethermost chamber [was] five cubits broad, and the middle [was] six cubits broad, and the third [was] seven cubits broad: for without [in the wall] of the house he made narrowed rests round about, that [the beams] should not be fastened in the walls of the house.

Proverbs 1:1-33 - The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; (Read More...)

Genesis 2:2-3 - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. (Read More...)

John 21:11 - Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.
>>
>>735640147
and it riseth NOT
>>
>>735640131
>The Bible is an excellent contemporary historical document

In many ways it's really not. Disregarding the supernatural claims, there are many historical anachronisms and a lot of claims that show up in no extra biblical context.
>>
>>735640350
If it were being accurate, it would say that the earth turneth not.
>>
>>735639647
Flawed science?
Mentioning of cities isn't science, it's history.
There are many cities that are mentioned in the bible because they existed at the time of writing, that's not really making your point. It's logically flawed because you deviate from the discussion at hand...
>>
Quantum Entanglement
>>
File: 1495755064212.png (222KB, 345x285px) Image search: [Google]
1495755064212.png
222KB, 345x285px
>>735640610

Cant argue with stupid.
>>
>>735640432

What? There are numerous articles in the peer review that point towards the historicity of the Bible. It's one of the few primary texts for early history and has been frequently been corroborated. Just because some things aren't true, doesn't mean it's not considered an excellent contemporary historical document... it's one of the only ones, particularly if you focus on the Old Testament specifically.
>>
you can't accept the evidence science presents and believe in god(s).
>>
File: god.png (224KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
god.png
224KB, 500x375px
>this
>>
>>735639647
Harry Potter mentions London, does that mean in 2000 years we'll all be riding broomsticks?
>>
>>735640255
You dumbass, those are measurements, not formulas...
And next time you cut and paste, you might wanna leave out the (Read More...) links...
>>
>>735639647
>mention city's that wind up being real
It also mentions unicorns like four or five times.
True, they changed that in the 1970's, but that change was made by people who spoke english natively and studied hebrew and greek The people who chose to translate the hebrew word "ne'em" to the greek word "monokeros" were native hebrew speakers who probably had a lot better idea of what it meant than americans in the 1970's who changed it.
>>
>>735640622
science has a broad view of everything if it doesn't fit it must not exist. It writes of anything that can be proven as myth or legend and wives tales.
>>
>>735640432
>historicity
Inaccuracies via translation and written after much of what happened or existed...
>>
>>735640643

Hebrews 11:3 - Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
>>
>>735640255
>a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other
>ten cubits
You do realize that's like 15 feet, right?
>>
>>735640935
Science is empirical, faith/religion isn't
>>
>>735639647

>Funny how those fairy tale books mention city's that wind up being real

Funny how those fairy tail books call cities by names that were theirs ages after the events of the bible.

Funny how they mess up the historical times during which certain rulers were in power.

Funny how they describe huge events with NO extra biblical corroboration.
Eg> herod killing every boy under 2 years old or jewish citizens being required to return to their ancestral homeland to register for a census that was only every required of roman citizens.
>>
Current theory is that we exist in a matrix.
If so, there is a source of the matrix. God exists but not as man has interpreted him except for early theory of Anima Mundi.
>>
>>735638166
Yeah, but I believe in the idea of a Christian God. Just me.
>>
>>735640784
I left them there because you need to read more.
>>
>>735641046
Faith doesn't equate to 'understanding', it equates to belief.
One can believe in Santa Claus, but that doesn't provide a clear understanding of how presents get under the tree....
>>
>>735638511
Redditfag detected
>>
>>735640906
thousands of animal species lived and died that will not leave a fossil record.
>>
>>735641269
Why would anyone need to read more? your post didn't answer the question posed to you...
>>
File: 6ILDa2g.jpg (38KB, 566x650px) Image search: [Google]
6ILDa2g.jpg
38KB, 566x650px
>>735633457
well, it depends on what you mean by EXIST
>>
>>735641265
That's fine. Just saying all Christians are deists, but not all deists are Christians. More clarity to your identification if you just say you're a Christian...
>>
>>735640720

Well that's why i said in many ways it is.
But some significant parts are utterly unverified.

Personally i think that's a good way to parse what is relatively reliable history and what has been made up to fulfill the purposes of the story teller
>>
>>735641505
I understand.
>>
>>735640983
>Inaccuracies via translation and written after much of what happened or existed.

So then...not accurate.
>>
What happened here? I was just sleeping like god did during the holocaust.
>>
>>735636974
Innocent?
Says who? None of us are innocent, and in the face of a Holy God all of us fall short.
>>
>>735641403
>thousands of animal species
That would mean a rate of more than 1 species every six years disappearing without a trace.
Unlikely.
>>
>>735641711
Right...
>>
>>735633457
>god
There's like hundreds of them
>>
>>735641964
Just to illustrate the degree of biodiversity loss we're facing, let’s take you through one scientific analysis...
The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate.*
These experts calculate that between 0.01 and 0.1% of all species will become extinct each year.
If the low estimate of the number of species out there is true - i.e. that there are around 2 million different species on our planet** - then that means between 200 and 2,000 extinctions occur every year.
But if the upper estimate of species numbers is true - that there are 100 million different species co-existing with us on our planet - then between 10,000 and 100,000 species are becoming extinct each year.
>>
>>735633457
Pray and ask him to make you a faggot. If it comes true he exists.
>>
>>735642142

glad we agree
>>
>>735641935
But... if we allegedly were all created in god's likeness, that doesn't make it/him/her innocent either...
>>
>>735642237
God answers all prayers.
But the answer is usually "No".
>>
Nobody knows the fucking truth, why would you ask a bunch of basement living wetardz this? And yes I meant retards...
>>
>>735633457
Would it matter?
>>
>>735642220
The true question is if God existed why would he let all these species die the truth is he doesn't all these species are just energy being shifted around.
>>
Hardees is slop for blacks. Arby's is dank to death.
>>
>>735641964
It's true though, there are many species that have existed that we never knew, nor will they leave a trace based on the environment in which they expired as well was how the environment changed afterwards. Much like where some places only certain fossils are plentiful and others are not. Glacier wiped away layers which would've contained fossilized material hundreds of thousands of years ago, and there is terrain which may contain fossils, but isn't easily excavated.
>>
>>735642564
No KFC?
>>
>>735642598
>hundreds of thousands of years ago,
Earth is only 6000 years old. The entire lineage from Adam to Abraham is right there in the bible along with their ages. You can add them up yourself if you don't believe me.
>>
>>735642455

very much so
>>
>>735642735
kinda goes back to the 140 million year old hammer Science has not been very accurate with carbon dating. Im afraid its only gonna get worse with more atomic bomb testings
>>
Nope
>>
>>735642735
The earth is older than humans, so pick a different measuring stick...
>>
>>735642952
Also funny how the Bible described a certain dinosaur.

Behemoth Described

The following things can be ascertained from the description of the behemoth.

1.It was a grass eater, it was not a carnivore or meat eater.

2.The behemoth eats grass like an ox but is not an ox.

3.His strength in its hips and power in his stomach muscles.

4.The creature moves its tail like a cedar

5.The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.

6.He has large bones like beams of bronze and ribs like bars of iron.

7.The behemoth is first in the ways of God.

8.Only God can control this creature.

9.He visits the mountains along with the other creatures. They all seem to play there.

10.Though he is this creature of great strength and size, he lets other beasts play near him unhurt.

11.He lives an inactive life under the lotus tree and in the marsh.

12.He is not disturbed when the river rages.
>>
>>735643169
>The earth is older than humans
Yeah, by three days. What about it?
>>
>>735633457
Unfortunately no
>>
>>735640255
Yes, but where does is scientifically explain pussy farts? There's not one verse in the bible that mentions them. I know they exist, I've seen one in person, but apparently if it isn't in the bible then it doesn't exist? god is mentioned everywhere in there, but there's no empirical evidence of them. Yet I'm supposed to believe one exists, but not a pussy fart.
>>
>>735633457
Don't care, pro tip: if you claim to be an atheist and spend any amount of time caring. Atheism is your religion
>>
>>735643394
Can you prove it?
>>
File: 130830-6.jpg (413KB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
130830-6.jpg
413KB, 1600x1210px
>>735643274
Fossil discovered with human and dinosaur foot print.
>>
>>735640906
Look up the definition of unicorn in a dictionary dated when KJV was written. It wasn't the "unicorn" we define as today (a horse with a horn).

Next.
>>
>>735633457
If this post is dubs then yes God exists.
If not God does not exist.
If trips this is no other God then Allah and Mohammad is his prophet.
>>
>>735643582
Genesis 1
And it's five days, not three.
>>
>>735643604
Nice try, but it's "monokeros", not "unicorn".
>>
>>735643470
It specifically says they have to keep them under control in church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to queef; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
>>
>>735642293
When God created Adam, man, in his image, Adam was without sin. Innocent. Once Adam sinned, and sin entered the world, effecting all of creation, no one was innocent.
>>
>>735635794
Unexplained phenomena are not inherently evidence of a deity. A motherfucking angel coming down and being all "Yeah dudes we're real, now here's an object with physically impossible properties to prove it" would be evidence of a deity. The current limits of our understanding of the universe are not.
>>
>>735643274
That's your interpretation of what the verses say... To me it's a fable on being watchful of gluttony, not a physical being...

It also says it can drink up an entire river...
>>
>>735633457
Most of the time I think no, but there has to be a God, ya know? We had to come from somewhere. We're not just floating around in space all accidental like, ya know?
>>
File: your point.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
your point.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>>735643975
>>
>>735643589
It's also a hoax...
>>
>>735644162
Though many Bible students think these creatures were mythological or merely symbolic creatures, these creatures were actually created by God. The following reasons show this to be true.
1.In Job 38:39-39:30 there are 12 animals that are mentioned by God. All of these are real creatures. This would indicate that the final two creatures mentioned would also be real.

2.God told Job to look at the behemoth (40:15). He could only look at a real creature.

3.God told Job that He made the behemoth as He had made man (40:15).

4.The Bible provides detailed descriptions of the physical characteristics of the Leviathan and behemoth. This is not consistent with mythological creatures.

5. The Leviathan is spoken of elsewhere in the Bible as being part of God's creation
>>
>>735633457
I believe he does but he basically forgot about us 3 or 4 million years ago
>>
>>735643854
Thanks for clarifying. Missed that verse...
>>
>>735633614
/thread
damn, that was quick
>>
File: 81MwCZP7zQL._SY355_.jpg (43KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
81MwCZP7zQL._SY355_.jpg
43KB, 355x355px
>>
>>735643912
So where did Adam get the free will to sin? And why would god create sin to begin with if they were infallible?
>>
>>735643994
Maybe time is just a loop with no beginning, and everything was always there to kick off where we are now, and the process just repeats endlessly
>>
>>735644681
You already said that twice.
>>
I exist.
>>
>>735644336
lol its actually to speak but ive never herd a woman say anything that sounded half as good a queef. That's whats wrong with the world today women should know their place. No women are preaching in churches its ridiculous religion is sending people straight to hell
>>
>>735644761
No, pretty sure I'm imagining you.
>>
Certainly not in the form most religions describe 'him.'
>>
>>735644499
READ the Bible Better yet buy this. Its awesome its like reading a comic book.
>>
>>735644280
Both creature are consistent with mythological creatures and represent an ideal, not a physical being...
>>
Does god creates humans or does human create god?
>>
File: action-bible-thumb.png (131KB, 206x299px) Image search: [Google]
action-bible-thumb.png
131KB, 206x299px
>>735645144
forgot the pic
>>
>>735645166
your wrong though
>>
>>735633457
>Does god exist?

That depends on what you mean by "god". If you mean the Christian monotheistic "god", then there is no solid evidence backing that claim and thus no reason to believe that he exists.
>>
>>735645144
I'm very familiar with religion and the bible, and it doesn't answer the question I posed. Nice deflection though. Your inability to answer tells me you haven't read it.
>>
>>735644933
Maybe the original translation was queef and religion's been screwing over women ever since.
>>
>>735645191
You should be ashamed of posting such heretical filth... If you have to create a comic book to interpret the bible, then the bible fails in its purpose and you're following a false prophet who's used their interpretation of the bible to sell comic books....
>>
File: Dino Kills Man.jpg (32KB, 627x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dino Kills Man.jpg
32KB, 627x350px
>>735645182
God creates Dinosaur God creates Man God kills Dinosaur Man creates Dinosaur Dinosaur Kills Man
>>
>>735645572
>to interpret the bible, then the bible fails in its purpose and you're following a false prophet who's used their interpretation of the bible to
Why does this not apply to the Vulgate, KJV, New International, etc, etc?
>>
>>735645293
Prove it, behemoth is equivalent to the terrestrial gods, leviathan to the gods of the ocean, and ziz gods of the air.. Manifestations of other primitive religions to get ignorant peoples buy in on the stories...
>>
>>735645572
Have you ever seen it it fallows the KJV grow up grandpa kids have cell phones these day good luck getting them to set and stare at thousands of pages of text. Psssh
>>
>>735645675
It should....
Each one of those was commissioned by an authority in order to leverage the writings to control their people.
>>
>>735645742
Primitive they had technology that you could only dream of before the flood. Kinda hard to land your flying machine and refuel when the world is covered in water.
>>
>>735645742
Wasn't Leviathan one of the Sumerian gods 2500 years before the OT was written?
>>
>>735645793
If you're going to follow the bible, then follow it, it's not meant to be fun. I thought since it was the end all say all it wasn't meant to be altered to fit what people want. I thought people were meant to fit to what it said.....
>>
>>735645985
But Santa Claus lands on ice on the North Pole, his flying machine has no problem...
>>
>>735633457
Ask Dubs.
>Check em.
>>
File: rfDhXr3.gif (854KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
rfDhXr3.gif
854KB, 400x224px
>>735633457
the question isn't does god exist
the question is if god exists does he give a shit if you think he it exists?

i don't think so. if god exists it probably doesn't give a shit what you believe about it.
if god does exist, it likely doesn't even pay attention to you - and if it does, it probably just wants you to be a good brother.

the point is, just be a good brother and it doesn't fucking matter if god exists. if god is as judgemental and punishing as a lot of religions believe, i'm sure god is also pretty chill if you were in general just a good dude.

so be good, dudes. worst case scenario there is no god and you lead a life of a good dude and will have spread your goodness into history, no matter how small a grain of sand your life was.
>>
>>735645999
I believe so, other cultures had similar manifestations...
>>
>>735645894
This holds up to some regard but the science in the Bible speaks for its self how can you think for second when everyone thought the world was flat god said i set on the rounds of the earth and hang the earth on nothing. King James wasn't that smart the Bible was givin with a picture of his son as Jesus so the masses would take his rule and look up to him but the story remains true.
>>
How can you talk about somthing that does not exist
>>
Ask him.
>>
>>735646098
Its the same thong it just has pictures and is better to look at. Why ' you turn your color of on your Flat screen. Get real. read it with your grand kids they might actually learn something and you can compare.
>>
>>735645999
Tiamat
Lotan
Vrtra
Jormungandr (sp?)
>>
>>735646200
Santa Claus was a real person dip shit that's why we honor his memory and spirit.
>>
>>735646351
Fiction is nothing new
>>
>>735646323
King James didn't do the translation, his scholars did... so his intellect doesn't factor into the equation.

As far as flat earth... If what was you say was true, why did religion persecute (through the use of the bible) those who said the earth was round?
>>
>>735646517
If you want to teach the bible and it's important to you, then teach it to your kids/grandkids. If you have to use something like that crap, then you yourself never learned it enough just to teach it to them. It's just laziness and deferring to others' interpretation on what they should learn.
>>
Why is your god real? Why is everyone else's god fake? Out of all the versions for "God" why is your twist on the story the only real one? Why is everyone around you lying about their beliefs? It's narcissism that is what god is.
>>
>>735646660
No shit, that's why I posted it.
>>
>>735646763
Because that's what religion does for the same reason Jesus flipped tables over in the churches. Religion is BAD there is no salvation in religion Only through grace by faith. Believe in Jesus and be Born again. Or don't but don't wait until its to late.
>>
>>735644499
Where did Adam receive his free will? He was granted it in his creation. God, in fact, made Adam ruler over all of His creation.
>Genesis 1:26-28
In Adam's free will, he chose to sin (sin meaning, transgression of/disobedience to God's word). God had given Adam dominion, however; one commandment was given, that he not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge (which we understand was for Adam's own God). Adam broke that commandment (sinned) and failed in his duty to protect his wife from the deception of the serpent. In fact, he chose to follow his wife in disobedience and defiance.

You may ask, why would God plant a tree with forbidden fruit containing the knowledge of good and evil... just to tempt them into doing something they shouldn't? God tempts no one.
>James 1: 13-15

It was the serpent who tempted and enticed, using desire. Their desire overshadowed their will to obey God, and from their desire was sin conceived, and once born, became death. Thus was the fall of man.

Why would God create sin? Literally translates to "why would god create disobedience to his word", when the disobedience was through free will.

In spit of all of this, God had foreknowledge of it all and had prepared a reconciliation for man to Him, Christ.
>Scripture reads; in the beginning the word was with God, and the word was with God, and the word WAS God.
The word, being Jesus Christ.
>John 1:14

One, big tapestry of a plan; its beauty can only be seen (understood) once looked at in full from beginning to end.

I genuinely will be happy to answer other questions.
>>
>>735646540
Similar, yes. But Leviathan is actually directly ripped off, name and all, and in the same geographic area that the bible came from.
>>735646660
Santa Claus was two people, actually. Saint Nic, and Kris Kringle. One had a sleigh pulled by horses, the other rode a reindeer. Both made toys for local children, which parents continued doing after those men died. The two legends blurred together, and the name "santa claus" is a corrpution of "saint nicholas" but both names are still associated with him.
>>
>>735647182
Where do you get the information of which faith to follow? From those religious scholars a while back?
>>
>>735647303
(which we understand was for Adam's own God)

>*good*
>>
>>735647006
People call those that lived and died gods lower case g But there is only one God. Many have lived and died and many had advanced war tactics and machinery and many thought they were gods.
>>
>>735647303
>It was the serpent who tempted and enticed, using desire.

Why did God put the serpent there?
>>
It you think carbon dating is a lie. There is more ways to measure the earth age then carbon dating. Such as the speed of light get a fucking telescope and look up into the sky you can see the fucking andromeda galaxy depending on where you live and guess what it is 2.537 million light years old so we can conclude the universe is at least 2.537 years old relying on data gathered by you!
>>
>>735647364
i wasn't aware they made toys only sold everything thing they had and gave it to the poor and joined the church. Kris Kringle was probably made up and used by religions and toy Corps. to sell toys.
>>
>>735647575

because Genesis is allegorical
>>
>>735647606
Are you implying that God could not have created a universe that was already in motion so as to appear older than it actually is?
You think that's too hard for him?
>>
>>735647364
>rode a reindeer

What a fuckin badass
>>
God and religion was made up just to keep people in control ....without religion it will just be chaos no true meaning to evil and good...people will just be fucked up and slaughter each other to death without fear....
>>
>>735633457
I'm Catholic, and this is all can say, We can't physically prove that God is real, but anyone who goes against god or doesn't believe in God cannot physically prove that God is not real, boom. Done.
>>
>>735647443
What I meant is over the thosands of versions of the big G God why would yours be the only true one? Why does your God matter and everyone else's is fake. If the world is so big why are you the centre of it?
>>
those guys who wrote the new testatment 2000 years ago are the grandmasters of trolling. got to give that to them
>>
>>735647687
>probably made up and used by religions and toy Corps. to sell toys.
No, because in the old days people actually made the things they gave each other at christmas. Industrialization degraded that to buying things for people you were close to, and that further degraded into giving your nephew a card with a $20 bill in it because you have no idea what he's into but you're related so society says you have to give him SOMETHING.
>>
>>735647443
The lowercase "G" in god doesn't imply the entity is dead, just that their name isn't "God", nor are they the only god.
>>
>>735647391
I study all religions and disciplines its a hobby of mine. The past is a mystery but the answers are out there Muslim nations are destroying as much as they can that is a certain they are trying do destroy every religion but theirs. This is bad for the world and Science.
>>
File: 1496454200420.jpg (142KB, 720x832px) Image search: [Google]
1496454200420.jpg
142KB, 720x832px
if God exists he will give me dubs now.
>>
>>735647606
>2.537 million light years old
no no no.
2.537 million light years away
2.537 million years old
>>
>>735647911
We may not be able to disprove the existence of God just as much as you can't prove there is a god. We can disprove claims of the bible such as a 6000 year earth
>>
>>735648116
Fuck a typo
>>
>>735647701
Okay, but allegorically, why would God corrupt his own creation by putting evil there? Doesn't that make him not omnibenevolent?
>>
>>735648249
>OT God
>benevolent
You've never read it, have you?
>>
>>735647720
I mean in that case God (hypothetical God here) basically in his mind simulated the first 13 billion pr so years of the universe. And whether the universe exists in the computer that is the universe or the computer that is God's mind, what is the real difference. What's the difference between us being in God's imagination and us being in a physical reality that God created. There is no observable difference.
>>
>>735648249
>omnibenevolent

lololol. He killed a massive family including the women and children because they had a completely legitimate argument with Aaron. Also, he killed a shit ton of babies in Egypt. Nothing about OT god was benevolent.
>>
>>735648151
I have just followed this my life, its dumb, but I follow it. I would rather believe in God and find out that he not real, than not believing in God and finding out he is real.
>>
>>735648249
I don't think ant of that matters in the scheme of things think of it like a computer when the HDD becomes corrupted you can loose data same thing if your not resonating at the proper frequency you will become corrupt and replace.
>>
>>735648049
>49
Big surprise.
>>
>>735647911
Same argument goes for the flying spaghetti monster.
>>
>>735648670
If we are energy that is shifted around which i believe we are we have a chance to hold a spot after death to a new resurrection if we miss it we just become bug shit.
>>
>>735648010
So religion is bad and you study it, yet you still accept the fundamental concept of it?
>>
>>735647303
So your god is a deceptive god?
Adam would not have known what sin was unless god created it.
You say god tempts no one, but created the elements of temptation. Why tell someone they can do anything and then tempt them with something they cannot do? And what is wrong with knowledge? If man was created in god's likeness, then why not provide them with sufficient knowledge?
>>
>>735648414
First of all, I didn't say he was benevolent. I said he wasn't.
Second of all, no. I haven't read it. But I know the gist of it.
>>
>>735633457
only one way to find out bitch
>>
I am god AMA
>>
>>735648916
When mathematical algorithms and machine learning become advanced enough we may have a working model of it but until then its faith I don't think God will allow that we are at an age now were we can talk to people from all over the world and we kind of understand each other God didn't like that the last time it happen. He wiped out the world or did he?
>>
>>735648643
What happens if God is real, but you got the wrong one.

And if God isn't real and you follow religion your whole life, you'll never find out he's not real. You won't go to an afterlife, but at that point you're dead so you can't "find out" anything.
>>
>>735649239
>He wiped out the world or did he

no, he changed their language and they scattered (Tower of Babel). The flood narrative was because the people weren't giving a shit about god.
>>
>>735648670
>if your resonating at the proper frequency
dafuq are you talking about bitch
>>
File: 1497306327611.jpg (678KB, 1278x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497306327611.jpg
678KB, 1278x1600px
>>735648584
You are operating on a lot of false assumptions, friendo. "omnibenelovent" does not mean "be anyone's bitch all the time." You are also assuming that what matters and how it matters is our decision and within our purview to comprehend.

Think back to when you were a child. Your parents did things that you didn't understand and only thought were cruel and ad hoc. But, when you grew up, you came to understand they did what they did out of love and because they had your ultimate best interests in mind.

God's actions are not incompatible with a system in which His actions are the most loving and beneficent afterall.
>>
>>735648010
Maybe today's Muslims, just Christians did in the Middle Ages...
There were many Muslim contributions to astronomy, mathematics, and medicine. In fact some stars and constellations still have Arabic names.
Back when Christians were burning witches there were advancements being done by Muslims, but it seems today roles have reversed...
>>
>>735649147
Did you create pussy farts?
(see earlier post)
>>
>>735649296
Give credit to Pascal, plagiarist.
>>
>>735648916
I mean, E=mc^2, so matter is just energy. So you're right about that, but I don't see how that has jack shit to do with resurrection.
>>
>>735649405
Wow scattering people and changing everything about the way they talk man i bet that went down smooth.
>>
>>735649147
cna i pls have omnipotence m8. i need it.
>>
>>735649438

Oh yeah, I bet God hardening pharoah's heart was for the good of mankind. Omnibenevolence is the concept of infinitely good, which OT god objectively wasn't. Even if he had a plan, and everything went to design, terrible actions to enact a net beneficial plan is not "omnibenevolent".

Omnibenevolence isn't "ends justify the means".
>>
>>735633457
Is 'A' 'X'? Depends how you define A and X dummy
>>
>>735649239
I don't see the world being wiped out. But that's just me.
>>
>>735649457
Christians stole artifacts and trafficked them all over the world created Museums to teach and learn. Muslims just destroy any trace the only reason we know as much as we do is for the artifacts that were saved.
>>
>>735633695
A for effort
>>
>>735649067
You are defining "sin" as a Christian, which is not the way the Hebrew Bible defines it. "Sin" is not a reified substance, as Paul (a thoroughgoing Hellenist) asserted it. In the Hebrew Bible, sin is not a thing (property/substance/etc.), but is a choice (viz. the wrong one) that free individuals make in knowledge of God's law. We don't hold children responsible for breaking rules/laws, since they don't understand or know of those rules/laws. But, when they become cognizant of those rules/laws, they become subject to them, and become culpable when breaking them.

It is not God's choice that there be sin, but it is a person's choice to defy God. That's what happens when people have free will.
>>
>>735648813
i mean you are not wrong man.
>>
>>735649438
>when you grew up, you came to understand they did what they did out of love and because they had your ultimate best interests in mind.

Not in all cases. Plenty of things my parents did was just because they didn't feel like it, or didn't like it.
>>
>>735649421
your just energy you know you are what you eat everything in you has molecules you are resonating at frequencies. Learn to control that energy learn to harness it.
>>
God as the universe, or a good death.
>>
>>735649296
true
>>
>>735633457
No. /thread
>>
>>735649784
No, that's part of what's going on right now is partially financed by black market antiquities. Of course they blow up the larger stuff, but many of the museums have been looted and sold elsewhere....It's been in the news multiple times...
>>
>>735649548
Why are you telling me? The guy I was responding to was presenting Pascal's wager, not me. I was countering it.
>>
>>735649576
Its the storage of the energy think of the suns energy does it return to the sun is it finite. Where is it stored? In you in all living things But will you give it back?
>>
>>735649296
>>735650122
another thing too is that I just follow it man because it how I was brought up in the world and I believe it is God's doing, its what I believe even though people are making some really good points in this thread, I will never stop believing in my faith.
>>
>>735649784
Back in the day though Muslims contributed more to science and technology than Christians.
>>
>>735650213
Obviously. You radiate heat. You radiate longer wavelength frequencies. You emit sound. You reflect light. You step on the Earth. You eventually decay. You can never trap the energy you get from the Sun in your body.

Never. Everything has been touched by just about everything.
>>
>>735649940
It was God's choice to introduce free will, which he KNEW would lead to sin.
>>
>>735633457

does god not exist?
>>
>>735650349
they still do. Unfortunately that ends badly for the Christians.
>>
>>735649940
>It is not God's choice that there be sin
>created the entire universe
>perfect, all-knowing, and all-powerful
It is impossible for anything contrary to the will of an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being to exist or occur. If it exists in the universe, it exists because it was created along with the rest of the universe by a being incapable of making mistakes.
>>
>>735649735
You are not very good at reading comprehension, are you?

I said your conclusion only follows just in case all your assumptions are warranted, but they are not. Your assumptions continue to remain unjustified when you double-down on your (undefended assertions) and stamp your feet REALLY hard on the ground.

I made the logical point that God's actions are indeed infinitely good relative to a system which we don't understand, just as a child fails to understands. You can dispute me that such a system in fact exists or that a different system is the real one, and that's fine. But, your argument as it is does not follow, for you assume incompatibility and exclusion but cannot and do not say why.

I'm making a logical point, so either defend your assumptions or admit defeat.

Finally: Your translation of Exod.9:12 is erroneous. God did not "harden" Pharaoh's heart.
>>
>>735649940
You gloss over the fact that god created man and in doing so gave him that capacity (of free will) ergo the result is by god's doing.

Christianity held children responsible for sin up until recently, that's why they had to be baptized.

If it was not god's choice that there be sin, why create something with defiance? Sounds like faulty design to me. It also minimizes god's omniscience if god creates something that god doesn't know what the result of the free will would be.

Also, what's the differentiation if free will is used to make a choice and the result is in turn called god's will?
>>
>>735650666
>666
Oh dear.
>>
idk. Loving, personal God with a capital G, especially in the sense of the Abrahamic religions? Nah. For some reason I've always felt that polytheistic deities are more likely than monotheistic deities to exist. ultimately tho who the fuck knows
>>
>>735650477
Yeah, so what? Moral culpability still lies with the agent, not with the distant cause. For instance, gun manufacturers make guns and there is a near certainty that some of their products will be used to commit crimes. Yet, the culpability falls on the criminal, not the gun manufacturer.

Yeah, I just compared God to Smith and Wesson.
>>
>>735650894
"God may have created man, but Sam Colt made all men equal."
>>
>>735633457
no
>>
>>735649978
The molecules in your body "resonate" at 30 °C. It's not even really resonating, because it doesn't have a set frequency. The heavier the molecule, the slower it vibrates. And the only way to "control it" is to change your body temperature, which won't do much to help you unless you're stuck in Antarctica or something.
>>
>>735650454
exactly so what is consciousness is someone with a traumatic brain injury a different person are you the same person from day in day out. When does your consciousness change? Do you think its at death Ive known people how have been dead on a table and lived are they them or something else. Where do they go when they leave their body. There has to be a storage device for Gods people stop trying to disprove the Bible and best God and try to prove it.
>>
>>735650642
Causal inevitability does not preclude freedom or moral responsibility of the agent, and the source of that causal inevitability does not share in the moral culpability of some downstream act.
>>
>>735649984
I'm sorry, your grammar just made me lose a couple IQ points there. I've got no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>735633457
Not in the way we see him he's a weird creature I've met him before his a tall human being but his skin is blue-ish white with only eyes no nose or mouth he wears a golden robe made of what looked to be silk idk for sure though he sits in this room with his legs crossed he's huge skinny but around 8ft tall but it's body was so weird his neck must've been like 2 ft at least idk where hes located I think he's in a different dimension but I remember at the room it's all metal smooth silver metal and it's gotta be around 30ft in diameter and 60ft in hight it's in the shape of an egg he's a higher power being than anything out there I've met him before he speaks like using his mind he doesn't talk but he's real I'm not lieing last time I seen him we spoke about when he will return and he said us children are ignorant and have much learning to make peace with all races and human groups along with animals untill then our race will not advance ever we have much to learn
>>
>>735633457
You are asking about it. So, I guess so.
>>
>>735651122
I either choose to believe in God as the universe, or that I can only look forwards to a good death.

Faggot.
>>
>God sends you to hell

It's not that simple. You either choose to be with him or without him. To be with him is righteousness, without God the only thing left is sin. If you choose him, you choose to be without sin because God is the absence of sin.

God doesn't send you to hell, he just acknowledges your decision to not choose him. It's really simple idk how people get this all confused.
>>
>>735634938
I get you, my nigguh. 10/10 for u.
>>
>>735650213
No, I won't give back my energy to the sun. It'll eventually be radiated into space, probably as infrared, where it will stay probably forever.
>>
>>735650274
You can change your mind even if it's not the way you were raised.
>>
>>735650543
Yes.
>>
>>735651084
>>735651084
Yes, I believe someone with
>an altered brain structure
is a different person. Because their brain was messed with. Your consciousness seems to always change when you change the brain. It even tends to change when you beam enough electrons through it. I don't believe we go anywhere when we die, unless someone replicates you 1:1.000..1 in a different point in space and time.

I only believe that information is everything. I observe information. The spectre of entropy is what I fear and love at the same time.
>>
>>735650798
>create something with defiance

You are simply denying that freewill exists in the first place.

I'm asserting that freewill exists and, if you agree, then your point here is moot.

You seem confused that causal inevitability and freewill can co-exist. They can, and where they do, moral responsibility falls on the agent, not on the upstream cause.

Thus, man's will is not God's will, even if God's universe made man's actions inevitable and even if God knew what would happen from the start.
>>
>>735651042
https://youtu.be/PRBZQRo1SDo
>>
File: 2-Society-Cartoons.jpg (50KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
2-Society-Cartoons.jpg
50KB, 500x730px
God is a concept. Concepts dont exist. If god is to exist then God needs to be an object. existence is limited to objects only. so If one asked me if God exists Id reply yes and show them where this omnipotent object of God is. Its not rocket science we spend time with God every day and are surrounded by God all day so dont know how someone could ever question if God exists. God the concept doesnt exist but God the object certainly does
>>
>>735651552
http://www.snopes.com/harvard-study-confirms-tibetan-monks-can-raise-body-temperature-with-their-minds/
>>
>>735650564
I mean, not particularly. There are a few Muslims in the developed world that contribute to science and shit, but the majority of Muslim countries (where most Muslims live, e.g. Middle East and Southeast Asia) are developing countries, which usually don't contribute to science much.
>>
>>735651408
it fells crazy thinking about it, so I'm 19, joined a Catholic school at 6 and graduated from a Catholic high school at 18, and its just made sense to me, I mean idk what would prove to me to leave that religion because I know so much history of it, and it just seems insane to do it.
>>
>>735651633
How dare you FUCKING say that you should be crusified for such treason and lies you scum
>>
>>735651633
Wow, that's dumb. "Chair" is a concept, and both the concept and the referent of that concept exist.

How can something BE and then NOT be? That's what you are claiming, and it is self-contradictory.

Wow, you give atheists a bad name, cunt-face.
>>
>>735650666
>erroneous

Me me big boy.
>>
>>735651502
Exactly coincides with the Bible
Revelation 21:4 - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Romans 14:8 - For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Luke 23:43 - And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 11:26 - And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1 Corinthians 15:51-57 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, (Read More...)

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.