[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for Britfags > Do you know what separation of church

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: ms.png (786KB, 428x672px) Image search: [Google]
ms.png
786KB, 428x672px
Question for Britfags

> Do you know what separation of church and state is?
> If so why don't you have it?
>>
Yeah, America isn't really in a position at the moment to question how other countries behave.
>>
>>735287888
You realise that a lot of us don't follow a religion?
>>
Ad Hominem isnt a valid argument
>>
because our head of state is also the leader of our primary religion
>>
>>735288128
This. And /thread
>>
>>735288183
What does that have to do with government?
>>
>>735288128
/thread
>>
>>735288197
I don't think you understand what that phrase means.
>>
>>735288128
Hows that?

> America is the only superpower in the World.
> Seems like you could learn a thing or two from us
> When your not begging us for a trade deal guarantee that is
>>
>>735288384
Trolling is a art
>>
File: countries-atheists.gif (17KB, 559x542px) Image search: [Google]
countries-atheists.gif
17KB, 559x542px
>>735287888
because not retarded, so no matter
>>
>>735288441
see>>735288292
>>
>>735288441
there's no fucking way any of that is correct.
http://www.natcen.ac.uk/media/893167/religious-affiliation-british-social-attitudes.pdf

Just using the UK as an example but most statistics show around 60% identifying as some type of christian.
>>
>>735288586
see
> so no matter
we don't have v few religious nutjobs and religion is not influential in politics, so don't need to rely on legal separations to protect policy from religious crazies
>>
>>735288763
Your right I forget all the religious armed conflicts going on between US citizens

> Cough, The Troubles
> Cough, Islam
>>
>>735288889
This so hard

> US doesn't have a problem with domestic Islam terrorist because its a secular government
> The UK will keep having religious wars like the Troubles until every religion or no religion is represented in government
> Or you don't let anyone of a different religion stay in your country
>>
>>735288441
gonna go full retard here but I don't care.....Hong Kong is a country?!?!
>>
>>735288599
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_irreligion#Countries
it varies depending on survey, but we tend to be near the top
>>735288889
the trend towards atheism is fairly recent, troubles were in 70s and driven by nationalism and poverty more than religion.

>>735289147
three well structured and reasoned argument, with a clear and logical path from proposition to conclusion

as well as being atheist, we tend to be quite sarcastic
>>
>>735289269
Its has a special independent status, but it's really a part of China at the end of the day
>>
>>735288384
>us is the only super power

You're the same troll from last night. Shit b8 m8. you yanks should get some decent banter.
>>
>>735289350
> troubles were in 70s

Do you even history bro?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
Well, with o without church, both us and uk are just as corrupt, just change "god" to "freedom/nation/humanity" and you shall have your drones.
>>
>>735289572
I was drunk on /b/ last night so it might of been me, but I don't remember

Who else is a Superpower?
>>
>>735289686
Wait you actually think America is the only super power?

Is this how intense the American patriotic brainwashing has become? How fkn old are you?
>>
>>735289800
Ad hominem

> Name one
> Inb4 China & Russia
> Both self acknowledged regional powers
>>
>>735289800
Not the same guy, but America is the only country recognized as a superpower by academics and the UN
>>
>>735289894
> when americans underestimate how much power the EU have
>when Americans still thinks Russia and China arent part of the red star alliance anymore
>>
>>735289800
America IS a superpower, though.

There used to be another one, Russia, but that stopped being a superpower after their collapse during the Cold War. Now there's only the U.S. left.
>>
They're hypocrites when it comes to that, get charged with a crime, go to court, put hand on bible and "swear" to tell truth.
>>
>>735290173
>being this delusional

Russia is still very much a superpower,
So is china. Stop living in the 80's
>>
>>735290739
no one is saying their isn't a problem with church and state in the US, just the opposite thing like swearing on a bible, god on the money and in the pledge of allegiance is constantly under controversy ad scrutiny over here

But in the UK you have major issues with it like 26 bishops holding seats in parliament and no one raises an eyebrow over it
>>
>>735290819
Russia and China are regional powers, stop living in high school

> Oh know China is gon tak ova
> Russia haz dem nukes
>>
>>735291040
its really not a major issue. they're in the house of lords which is the weakest chamber + has 800 seats + they almost never vote
>>
>>735291514
> 26 bishops holding seats in parliament isn't really not a major issue
> But swearing on a bible to tell truth in court is?
>>
>>735291673
neither are major issues. there's a pretty strong legalistic and structural deterministic streak in US reasoning on policies. the uk is a lot more laid back and malleable, i.e. we don't have a written constitution and have a 'electoral dictatorship' majoritarian system. this relies on the rationality and reasonableness of people, rather than legally-imposed checks and balances. by setting the rules of the game so rigidly i think it focuses people unreasonably on 'winning the game' and forestalls compromise, hence levels of partisanship and gridlock in US system
>>
Seperation of church/religion and state/govment is a dumb idea.
'cause without God ordaining the govment, it becomes just a gang. So, anyone who is pro separation is a hypocrite when at the same time he speaks out against gang crime, warlords, and general violence.
>>
>>735291514
To add to that. Bishops in the house of lords doesn't alarm me as much as people like Andrew Lloyd Webber having a vote. At least I can guess at an agenda a bishop may have. That flaming fag will just follow the money.
>>
>>735292249
Hey the 13th century called looking for a lost loyalist nut licker.
>>
>>735292444
If the argument "today it's later than yesterday" was indeed a valid one, I could argue that I'm just ahead of time in my thinking and from the point of view of the 22nd century, I might be the progressive and you the reactionary.
>>
>>735288128
We can and will blow up the moon, so listen to us.
>>
>>735288128
At least America isnt getting its citizens blown up every week.
>>
>>735291144
sure thing kid...must be nice living in a fantasy world where it's just murica on top. You should learn a thing or 2 about that great big world outside of the us.
>>
>>735288384
Yeah no dude. We aren't the only superpower. Sorry that your mom and dad lied to you.
Russia, China, The EU all are Super Powers in their own way.
>>
>>735288430
*An
>Faggot
>>
File: imrs.png (775KB, 1484x1242px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.png
775KB, 1484x1242px
fyi, u guys are weird
>>
>>735287888
>"In God We Trust"
what the fuck are you talkin about
>>
>>735287888

Literally wtf OP, assuming your an amerifag. Are you suggesting the church is more seperated from politics in your country? Ted Cruz's whole campaign was based on him being an envangelical christian.
Even fucking Dark Lord Trump himself pretended to convert to christianity and attend services in order to pander to your retard masses.

I agree it could be further seperated here but we're literally not even remotely close to your level of church/state collusion. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE
>>
>>735293056
True, you just shoot each other instead
>>
>>735287888
Most Muslim countries don't have strong separate of religion and state.
>>
>>735289661
Oh sweet summer child, there is no way the UK is as corrupt as the US. Last election, we pretended our votes mattered and somehow elected a senile television star.
>>
>>735292444
Top fuckin kek
>>
>>735292855
In order to be progressive, one must move forward, not backwards. What you are is, in fact, conservative, or wishing to conserve the old ways of thinking.
>>
>>735290819
Russia has regressed since the 80s. You might want to try and keep up with the times.
>>
>>735294430
nearly all nig nogs and cops shooting said nig nogs

pretty much zero gun violence where i live because we dont have blacks
>>
>>735291144

You need to wake up and smell the coffee, dude.

China is more and more owning chunks of the globe's real estate / banking / insurance companies. Do NOT take my word for it, check for yourself.. from USA banks to Mozambique's real estate (recently spent a good chunk on it.. was on the news).. they're very much a growing super power.

Russia is more low key but no one really fucks with them because they still have and produce nukes. Putin may be a douche but he's not dumb enough to ever get in the way of Russia remaining a super power. Surely not as strong in economy.. but military / force in numbers? Oh fuck yes.
>>
>>735293238
Its one thing to be over patriotic and ignore all facts saying murica isn't number 1, its another to be anti-American and ignore the basic fact all heads of state acknowledge, America is the only Superpower in the world currently
>>735293344
> Russia, China, The EU all are Super Powers in their own way.
No dude, they are regional powers, just ask the head of any of those states, they acknowledge that
>>
>>735294085
see>>735291040
>>
>>735295543
Yeah, thanks for agreeing with me

> Russia & China are powerful
> Russia & China are en route to becoming Superpowers
> Russia & China are not currently superpowers
>>
>>735295543
Russia's military is so broke they have to sell jet rides to help pay for training. Top kek.
>>
>>735296046
lmao arguing semantics Just so you can be correct?

How American of you.

Enjoy your delusion.

(not same guy btw)
>>
>>735287888
they pay an old woman to live in a giant castle.
>>
>>735296384
You triggerd?

> Did I ever say America is #1 and everyone else is a distant number 2? like all other countries are third world?
> Or did I simply state the fact that America is the only country currently recognized as a superpower?

Sorry if that hurt your ego so much you have to start making assumptions and talking about how well other countries are doing.
>>
>>735288430
"An art", nigger!
>>
>>735295131
I simply have a different goal than the "forward" of ideological Progressivism.

Also, a political-philosophical argument raised in the 13th (or 1st or 18th) century must not be a bad or invalid one.
>>
>>735296384
You want to talk semantics, saying im rationalizing to be right, let me ask you this

> Is the US the only country currently recognized as a superpower>
Yes or No
>>
>>735296799
get baited faggot
>>
>>735296659
lmao, you're so deluded that you're not even realising you're making assumptions of myself.

You argued semantics to prove you were correct about something that is irrelevant to the theme of the conversation.

Your delusion comes from paying more heed to these semantics rather than discussing the more interesting issue (that China and Russia are becoming/regaining their status as superpowers).

You're embarrassing, mate.

>>735296832
I don't fucking know mate. I really don't care.
Literally only wanted to point out that the conversation devolved to semantics for the sake of being correct.

You lot need to chill the fuck out. You're both so mad.

Not everyone cares about America, it's a fucking shit hole.
>>
>>735290173
America is a broke as debt ridden lot of idiots who cannot even fight their own wars. Name one war we didn't have to save your as from?
>>
>>735287888
Emma da best
>>
>>735293056
Nah, shot in schools instead, or bombed while running marathon.
>>
File: ggg.png (297KB, 488x359px) Image search: [Google]
ggg.png
297KB, 488x359px
>>735296997
> I don't fucking know mate. I really don't care.
LOL, for someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and doesn't care you sure have spent a lot of time posting and arguing in this thread LMFAO

> Stay triggered kid
>>
>>735296231
US cannot even fund its schools..
>>
>>735296997
Lot of contradictions in you argument bud, a whole lot
>>
>>735297196
nice one
>>
>>735297357
It just doesn't fund the black schools, the White schools are really quite nice
>>
>>735297025
Lmao, you would be speaking German if it wasn't for the US
>>
>>735297237
Lmao, That was my second post, and here's my third.

Your use of a reaction image and your attempt at appearing like you're having a good time is incredibly transparent. Everyone here knows you're mad.

Here's your (you), mate. It's the last one you're getting out of me, this thread is shit. (seriously, watch me leave knowing you've read this and not read your response. How does it feel to have been outplayed?)

>>735297390
I'm not getting into this with you, mate. If you can't see it for yourself, I'm not gonna explain it (for the sake of the above reply).
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.