[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has had their wisdom teeth out? What was it like?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 00172.png (71KB, 642x705px) Image search: [Google]
00172.png
71KB, 642x705px
Who here has had their wisdom teeth out?

What was it like?
>>
Wake up feeling giddy as fuck but once that anesthesia runs out, it hurts like a bitch.

Hopefully they give you pain pills and you could just sleep it off like I did.
I think I may have had dry socket because I was fucked up for 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>735058193
You weren't given antibiotics?
>>
>>735057999
Oh man.
I had.
My face grew twice in size. I couldn't see with my left eye.
Worst thing, two of those teethe are still lurking inside.
>>
>>735057999
I've only had one taken out, it came in fully, but cut my cheek and mouth up, so the dentist just pulled it out with local anesthesia. Tasted blood for a few days, mild pain in the area because there's a bleeding hole in my jaw, but it's not bad at all. GF had surgery for two of hers, she wasn't too messed up afterwards.
>>
>>735057999
i got all four of them extracted the same day, when i was like 14 or something, like 20+ years ago

It was a nightmare, all i remember is me screaming a lot, like, literally, the dentists pulling very hard while he twisted the molars insite my jaw

no to mention the pain from the 5-6 anesthesia shots in the gu, which could make little for the extraction's pain

absolute fucking torture
>would not recommend without general anesthesia/10
>>
I pulled all 4 in one go. It wasn't particularly painful afterwards, but very irritating to eat since there is a sting and sore.

I was, I think, 17 or 18 when I had mine pulled. Dentist said no hard food for awhile.

Day 1. Mom: I bought some chunky chili for you to eat.

Zzzzzz
>>
Had both my top wisdom teeth out in the past 3 months.

>go in to dentist
>they tell you to take a seat in this lay down chair
>lay down
>put on these glasses we're just gonna put some oddly tasty stuff around your tooth to disinfect the area
>okay now we're just gonna jam a spoopy needle into your gum to numb the area
>entire left side of face numb now lol
>btw can u sign this giving ur consent of the procedure
>wait 5 mins for rest of head to be numb to the point where you won't even realize you have a tongue
>"okay anon you're gonna feel some pressure but that's normal"
>feel nothing
>hear CRRRRKKRKRKKRGHKK
>*dentist now becomes very violent*
>CRKKCJKKK
>2min later
>pop
>assistant nurse says you did a good job
>'pls bite down on this cloth shit anon'
>see tooth, it's fucking HUGE.
>okay anon you're bleeding heaps pls bite hard on this other cloth shit
>do that for 3 mins
>'okay you're not bleeding anymore' gtfo but bite down on cloth for like 30min or you'll die and rinse your mouth with salt water after meals kbye

that was my experience. no pain afterwards at all. biggest surprise for me was how big fucking teeth are.
>>
>>735059032
damn dude. I'm >>735059011 and I'm sure as hell glad that the one they pulled came out with no problem at all, just the noise was pretty gross.
>>
I sat in the chair and the anesthesiologist said, "This chemical we're using is a thousand times more powerful than morphine." And then i asked, "Does that mean it's a thousand times more addictive?"

Then i was looking at a window and there was gauze in my mouth. Then i went home.
>>
>>735057999
No, not yet, but I have to in a couple of months. Every dentist recommends it to me because my jaw is too small.

To be honest I'm afraid of it.

I once got one of my teeth pulled because It broke apart. The anesthesia didn't do shit, it was very painful.
After that the hole kept bleeding for three days. I woke up with dried blood all over my cheecks, lips, blanket and pillow. The blood in my mouth went from fluid to a yogurt like state over night. Felt bad man
>>
>>735057999
Nice trips.

DO. NOT. SMOKE. Dry sockets are works of the devil.
>>
Dude I got all four of the wisdom teeth extracted the same day and it didn't hurt a lot at all. From a scale from 1 to 10 it was a 3-4. The most important thing to do is to keep the mouth cool and you'll be fine.
>>
>>735057999
>go to dentist
>sit in chair
>incoming anesthetic hehoohe
>pass the fuck out
>wake up high as fuck on anesthetic
>get sent home with vicodin
procedure will be painless whether they do local or general anesthetic
pain afterwards depends on the person, can range from nothing to pretty bad but theyll send you home with enough painkillers to kill a horse so you wont be feeling shit
>>
>>735059154
i had all 4 removed about 5 months ago and this was exactly my expereince too.

Remember not to suck out the blood clots, thats how you get dry sockets.
>>
>>735059178
yea i forgot about the noise,
fuck

i barely remember it bc long ago, but also maybe cause of that being so traumatic
>>
>>735059032
Had all 4 of mine out yesterday. When consulting my Oral Surgeon 3 weeks prior, he said I was getting a general anesthetic, and didn't allow me to have just a local. The idea of general anesthesia scared me the most because I'd never had one before and being induced to sleep seems spooky to me. Also said I'd be getting 4 locals anyway so avoid the post-surgery pain. Thankfully my surgeon and anesthetist were both asian, can't get any better than that.

Anyway:
>get to hospital
>sign consent forums
>change into the gown
>while waiting on bed, about 4 different nurses, the anesthetist and surgeon all come to me, asking about allergies and if i have any issues
>finally get to the operating room after like an hour
>anesthetist starts talking to me about my life, but wasting no time injecting me then applying the oxygen mask
>fade out
>wake up
>entire lower jaw is dead
>nurses confirm it's all done
>give me water, apple juice and ice cream
>it keeps spilling from my mouth

Now have to take antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and also have some painkillers. So far so good, but my cheeks are puffy as hell and opening my mouth feels super sore.
>>
>tfw 21
>still didn't have to remove them
What is happening
>>
Had mine out just last year. I'm 35. They grew in fine when I was younger, no problems, straight teeth, never needed braces.

The wisdoms were really hard to brush plus I really neglected. Cavities formed over the years. One cracked several years ago. I could feel slivers break off now and then. Wisdoms were in bad shape.

Eventually it all caught up and I had pain. Went in and got them extracted. Local anesthetic only. Wasn't too bad. Wasn't much left if the tops but the roots were deep. IIRC 3 came out pretty easy but 1 needed lots of drilling and prying to come out.

Afterwards got hydrocodone and antibiotics. Went home and started smoking and drinking and eating hydros. Called a guy and got more hydros. Spent the next day at home all fuzzy. Went to work the next, popping pills, feeling like a god.

Got minor dry socket but nothing too bad, mildly irritating.

Worst part was clearing food out of the sockets. Then biting cheeks. For a long time after I'd sometimes bite the inside of my cheek while eating, since the sa big empty spot where a tooth used to be it was easy to bite that part accidentally. Year later now and that doesn't happen anymore.

The teeth were nasty. Took one home, opened baggy and it stank. Smelled like old people breath. Was so gross. Threw it away.

Since then I take better care and floss regular. Flossing is easier now, seems to be more space to fit the thread in. Seeing the dentist again for routine cleaning just next week.

Protip: dentist seems expensive but you're better off taking good care and going regularly rather than neglecting your shit and getting it all done at once after a decade of not doing it. I shelled out like $2200 and got out easy with the 4 wisdoms pulled and a couple fillings. If it becomes root canals and crowns and shit that price doubles or triples.
>>
>>735057999
nice trips

absolutely cool your cheeks with ice for HOURS after your wisdom teeth are out. also, don't spit out the blood. keep it in your mouth, it will help your wounds close. it's kinda gross, but with these two tips you can eat most stuff within a week. also, figure out what you could eat before getting them removed.
>>
File: IMG_0245[1].jpg (393KB, 1669x1031px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245[1].jpg
393KB, 1669x1031px
>>735060104
Also, pic related was my OPG. One of my bottom Wisdoms was completely horizontal, which had to be cut in half during surgery.
>>
>>735060250
oh, and by all means, let all 4 be removed at once. you won't be able to eat shit anyways, no need to get through this twice.
>>
>>735057999
Nice trips. It wasnt all that bad. Pain was there but it wasnt overwhelming. Took the pain meds they gave me for the first few days then switched to tylenol. Took antibiotics. My face was swollen as fuck but I had a bone craft at the same time
>>
>>735057999

Month on quarters, laughing gassed out, vics, all 4 one time. 7/10 would pull again
>>
>>735060104
yeah i wish they had put me to sleep too...
Also, maybe anesthesias have changed a lot in 20 years?

anyways, the post-op was piece of cake for me, compared to the pain i felt during the procecess.
And feeling the twisting of the molar and the nerve being pulled out, etc,
fuck
>>
I had 4 out of 5 wisdom teeth removed on the same day, some years agi. Yes, I had a supernumerary tooth in the far back. Another tooth was too close to the facial nerve so I'd have risked having my face paralyzed, that one was extracted 6 months later

Everything was done under local anaesthesia, I didn't take any pain meds afterwards (I am in fact allergic to common pain meds) The worst part is the constant bloodflow in your mouth, which sucks especially when you want to sleep, and also the lack of appetite that I faced afterwards.
>>
I got all 4 of mine out at once, I was 23. They put me to sleep and then I woke up confused AF. Felt drunk. Then it was 3 days of pain pills and 2 dry sockets
>>
I still got mine and no issues, will probably die withe them, my sister on the other hand

>sister living away from home
>want me to take her to the dentist
>ok
>get here, the following day it's her appointment
>get taxi cab cause lolnocar
>she gets knocked out cause apparently her wisdom teeth are just gonna be trouble, dentist is pulling all 4
>wait about an hour while listening to that dentist drill and some talking in the background
>finally sister comes out
>ask her how she feels
>laughing cause drugs
>well fuck
>call taxi cab, this is prior to uber mind you
>waiting, waiting and more waiting
>30 fucking mins
>"sir we are closing in 10 mins"
>ok,McCall another taxi cab
>we get kicked out of the dentist office
>waiting for both cabs now
>20 mins, none show up
>really pissed
>ask her if she feels pain, nods NO
>ask her if she's fine to walk about a block to get her prescription, she says it's fine
>get to pharmacy, show prescription
>"sir, the doctor named a mistake with her name"
>"we can't give her pain mess"
>pissed beyond fuck
>faggot dentist already left, plus it's Friday
>finnaly ask lady if she could please get us a cab as it seems like no taxi drivers ever showed up
>finnaly cab comes, thank lady and haul ass home

Luckily for my sister she didn't feel too much pain, hooked her up with soups and some movies. Thing I learned, NEVER EVER get an appointment before closing, never get an appointment before a weekend.
>>
>>735060104
forms*
fuck i need to proofread
>>
>>735060626
Also, I forgot to mention that I walked 10 kms afterwards with my face still numb.
>>
>>735060704
More like never ever have a dentist pull them out.

Oral Surgeons are always 100x better.
>>
Got all four at the same time, they drugged me up and put a towel or some shit over my eyes, feels like 30 secs after that I move a bit and the doc says hes just finishing up. Was confusing for a bit. You feel like you took a couple hits of pot. I never had a problem with the pain either.
>>
>>735060836
Well, honestly I don't know if he was. I'm guessing it was since she was referred to that fag
>>
>>735059154
This guy is spot on. Had my bottom out and this is how it went. Except, the assistant had a sucky thing sucking out all the blood because there was so much. It felt like I had water in my mouth, but it was blood. Also, whole jaw was sore for like 1 week after, and pretty swollen.

Actually another thing that sticks out was how much pressure he applied to pull them out. Literally his whole body weight leaning on this screwdriver thing till the teeth gave way with a load SNAAAP.
>>
>>735057999
Check dem Australian Satan trips.

All 4 of mine were perfectly impacted (growing perpendicular to the rest of my teeth). So I was under during removal: gums were sliced open (grown teeth, but so impacted they weren't breaching the gum) and each tooth was cut into pieces before being removed.

I was high af for the rest of that day while redblack globs of hideous gore oozed out of my face unbeknownst to me because it was so frozen I wouldn't have felt a 2x4 to the mouth. Fun day.
>>
born without wisdom teeth.
how lucky am i?
>>
File: wisdom tooth.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom tooth.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>735059154
>>735061015
You didn't feel the sensation of the hooks ripping your gum open?
>>
How does this make you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p2kNh1-z6Q
>>
>>735061264
>implying that being born with teeth is common

How lucky are you? Caveman/10. 3rd molars are a fairly recent human evolution with the oldest examples being dated back about a 1/4 million years. Are you an ape?
>>
>>735061264
Not very. I'd rather have my wisdom teeth out than be a spic.
>>
>>735061608
not every mutation is a step up anon.
>>
>>735057999

Had my top two out didn't hurt at all he just gave me an injection then literally pushed them out with a metal thing.
>>
Why the fuck would you ever want to get a local?
>>
>>735057999
Head 4 out in one go.
Week of pain. No talking. And eating baby food.

Do not eat anything hard or that can get stuck in the hole cause it feels gross to dig it out, especially when you're still tender.
>>
>>735063951
>dig it out
What? Why would you touch it at all while it's healing?
>>
Dry socket is awesome.
>>
>>735058193
It's not that bad. I throbs for a day or two then mild annoyance for a week or so. Least painful surgery I've ever had. Took painkillers for three days and antibiotics for a week I think.
>>
File: 1496774905675.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496774905675.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Eh wasn't that bad aside from waking up and feeling the last tooth getting pulled out and almost choking on my own blood clots.
>>
>>735057999
I was awake during operation yanking and noise was weird.

After medicine wares off it sucks bro. Hurts like a bitch as you wait for your prescription.

My dumb ass hit a blunt day after and I whilslted 2 days after. 2 regrets.
>>
>>735057999
Had mine removed by a regular dentist without being knocked out. You hear a lot of sounds that straight up suck, but not bad. The after math sucks dicks.
>>
>>735057999
It was fine. I did wake up during, don't recall it, screaming bloody fucking murder.
>>
File: 00861.jpg (245KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00861.jpg
245KB, 764x1200px
Can't be worse than having root canal without anesthesia.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.