[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, gonna be drinking alchohol for the first time in a few

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: IMG-20170605-WA0006.jpg (26KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170605-WA0006.jpg
26KB, 708x708px
Hey /b/, gonna be drinking alchohol for the first time in a few days. Gonna start with like 4 beers i think. Is that good for a whole night? Also, any tips?
>>
>>734968493
Depends what do you plan on achieving, and how much your weight
>>
>>734968493
>beers
>smirnoff ice

nice bait
>>
>>734968493
Pace yourself.
Don't mix wine and beer.
Don't do too many shots within a short amount of time.
Don't lose your phone or wallet or keys.
Try not to do or say too much stupid shit, you will remember eventually and hate yourself for it.
Before you go to sleep take 2 ibuprofen and chug a pint of water (greatly reduces the chance of a hangover).
>>
>>734968493
>>734968493
Start with mixed drinks.
whiskey/coke
vodka/juice
Don't drink shitty cheap beer, get angry orchard or heineken or something
>>
>>734968718
60kg
>>
Also have a fast metabolism so i don't know if that's good or bad
>>
>>734969244
am dutch so i'll be drinking heineken or other dutch beer anyway

are there any light mixed drinks? not planning on getting smashed or knocked out
>>
>>734969498
Mixing drinks is what faggots and women do

Go raw, but in small amounts, wait for a bit after each drink to allow the alcohol to enter your bloodstream, to see if you can drink more or stop.
>>
>>734969680
also heard something about water and eating between drinks, that true?
>>
>>734969498
>>734969814
if youre drinking mixed (which you should do because only cucks drink neat >>734969680
) put a shot or two into a glass and fill the rest with whatever. typically people have one glass of water every hour that they're drinking but it's up to you. If you eat a lot before you drink it will take a while to get into your system but on an empty stomach it'll take a lot quicker.
>>
>>734970244
so you're aiming for getting it in your bloodstream/system as slow as possible? like drinking water and eating slows that all down right?
>>
>>734968493
>>734969498

Frankly, OP, you're overthinking things.
You've got all the rest of your life to learn the ropes, to drink what you wanna drink, to drink fancy expensive liquor etc. Life is long, don't rush it.

Young dude, no experience drinking, I'd say start with a beer. I like Heineken. Maybe try out some basic mixed drinks like rum and coke, gin and tonic (my favorite), stuff like that.

Don't worry about this "water and ibuprofen" stuff. Drinking some water and having some food in your stomach is good practice, but hangovers require a LOT of drinking and usually happen to older people. You must be young, don't overthink it.

Just best advice, count your number of drinks for reference, pace yourself (don't just slam a bunch of shots back to back) and maybe have a glass of water here and there. Anything more than that is overthinking.
>>
>>734970410

Not "as slow as possible", but you'll be less prone to having an upset stomach, or getting too messed up, if you've got some food in your stomach. And drinking can dehydrate you through a number of ways, so especially during long nights of heavy drinking, there may be a point where your body craves the fluid in the drinks more than the alcohol, which can easily lead to excessive overconsumption. So it's good to drink at least some water, especially as the night goes on.

Imagine you had a doting parent that said "You can have another drink of vodka, but only if you finish this whoooooole glass of water first!", the trick being that by the time you're done with the water, you won't really want another drink. Or maybe you still do, but at least it'll be because you actually want more alcohol.
>>
>>734969814
Water helps you stay hydrated, as alcohol dehydrates you, food makes it take longer for the alcohol to enter your bloodstream.

If you're drinking light, no you really dont need to chug water, if you're going heavy, its better if you do.

Please dont mix drinks like a faggot, you'd get slapped for it in a company of men
>>
>>734971124
>letting peer-pressure of other men influence you away from something you want to do

You sound like a real pussy to me.
>>
>>734968493
Yeah, don't drink vodka (especially that trash)
>>
>>734971274
>don't drink vodka

?
>>
File: IMG_1175.jpg (21KB, 340x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1175.jpg
21KB, 340x375px
Drink this op, top shelf beer.
>>
>>734971384
Vodka is disgusting vile shit, if you ever get really drunk and sick from it the smell alone will turn your stomach for the rest of your life. Pick a nice top shelf whiskey and enjoy a good drink.
>>
>>734968493

might as well start with something that tastes good, like mike's hard lemonade

despite what redditors say, beer is bitter and nasty
>>
>>734971389
You can't get that shit where I live. I've always wanted to try it.
>>
>>734971384
some people have negative associations with certain drinks. for the most part arbitrary. the pic you posted wasn't even of vodka, anyway, smirnoff *ice* is not vodka like smirnoff *vodka*, it's more like alcoholic soda.

there's nothing wrong with vodka, it gets stereotyped as cheap and low-class and tasteless, but the reality is that there's a lot of very good vodka out there that is quite delicious when you have a palate for it. there's a lot of misconceptions about it, a lot of the expensive kinds are mediocre with strong marketing campaigns, anyone who's paying that much for Grey Goose is a sucker. But anyone who says "they all taste the same, and good vodka is tasteless anyway" is stupid jackasses in the other direction. Find what you like.
>>
File: 8963355541534[1].jpg (54KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
8963355541534[1].jpg
54KB, 960x960px
>>734971662
I'd say you're not missing out on much, but I've always wanted to try White Lightning or pic related.

I actually really like malt liquor though, I have simple tastes, and Olde English is one of the better ones. It's just very malty-sweet beer with no hop flavor whatsoever. As long as you get the 6% not the 8% "High Gravity", it doesn't taste that bad at all.
>>
>>734971885

Vile. It's nothing but gut rot, what do you expect from 7.5% alcohol stored in PET bottles. Don't bother with it.
>>
>>734971526
what smell?
you mean ethanol?

>>734971693
not op, just didn't understand how someone could call a mostly tasteless/odorless spirit 'vile'.
>>
>>734972050

You may be right. But some people say the same about malt liquor, and I like that! I'm just so curious, and the fact that it's "cider" makes it sound luxurious! (though I know that it's made from more-or-less garbage apple byproducts, still)
I'm certain it's garbage. But it's EXCLUSIVE garbage.
>>
>>734972466

Quite literally the forbidden fruit!
>>
>>734968493
TOP TIP : Find a drink you like, keep drinking it until you have had enough...
>>
If you never drank, ever, you probably won't like beer but I'd recommend going down that route. You'll get a taste for it soon enough. Go with whatever your friends are buying tbh.

If you're gonna do spirits make sure you measure it, it waaaay easier to stick in two doubles than you'd realise and get fucked up pretty quick if you're just pouring by eye. Especially when drunk.

And ignore anyone that says mixing drinks is bad. It's bullshit. The only thing affecting how bad you feel the next day is the amount of actual alchol you consume. 1 shot isn't far off the same alcohol content as a pint of 5% beer.

If you never drank, you won't know, but try and just go with what you enjoy, don't drink the same shitty beer as the next guy just to fit in. If you like fag drinks, own it. Don't be ashamed. You're still getting a the same buzz regardless
>>
>>734968493
Jose curevo
>>
You just gotta dabble to find what you like but be careful what you mix. Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear.
>>
>>734972050
>>734972466
Trust me, I'm an Englishman that used to sit in parks drinking litres of this shit at 18.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
The stuff can peel wallpaper just from the fumes.
You WILL feel like you want to die the day after drinking it... you'll be praying for death.
>>
>>734971662
It was a joke anyways, only poor welfare bum niggers drink that swill.
>>
>>734968493
Beer taste like shit, like cigarettes it's an "acquired taste" that is only useful if you want to look cool socially.
If you want to drink something good, you'll find something better.
If you want to get drunk quick, you'll find something better (hard liquor, like vodka for example).
If you want to try something "local", usually you can find something else (at least in France it's not hard).
What i mean is if you never drank alcohol, you might think this is a waste of time if you start with beer. I only started to drink when i was around 23, and i still don't like beer. But vodka for example is pretty nice. Depending on how you respond to alcohol, you add more or less of a soft drink to make it go easier, and you can turn with that all night. Usually i go with 1/3 vodka 2/3 peach ice tea (i really like that drink) if i want to get hammered fast. You almost don't taste the alcohol, and you still get there pretty fast.

For starter, i would recommand trying cocktails, so you can explore what kind of alcohol you like but not with big doses every time. My favorite would be the mojito. Vermouth on the other hand is really bitter, i couldn't enjoy a cocktail with only 2cL in it, ruined the taste.

I hope this was useful
>>
>>734972068
Vodka has a very distinct smell, and it's disgusting on every level.
>>
>>734971249
This guy knows what's up, do what you want cuz pirate is free, you are a pie rat!
>>
File: rum_kra3.jpg (94KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
rum_kra3.jpg
94KB, 540x720px
Buy this, mix with Dr. Pepper, or drink straight, good either way.

Or buy a bottle of Fireball, shit taste great, gets you fucked up.
>>
>>734968493
three shots of tequila, three rounds round the block, three rounds of tequila, three rounds round the block, don't find back.
>>
Drink bare get fucked I recommend going into your parents liquor cabinet and filling up a juice bottle with a little bit of each of the spirits, then downing it all as quick as you can. Worked for me!
>>
>>734973904
All kinds? I think you haven't tried enough. Too many misconceptions about vodka floating around. "Twenty-five times distilled" just turns it into watered-down ethanol with no flavor. It can be very nice, made right.
>>
Just curious, do some people not experience hangovers? I'm 24, and no matter how much I drink I've never experienced a hangover, I've always felt normal waking up the next morning. I am a bigger guy, but I've heard bigger people complain about hangovers. I also usually sober up fairly fast.
>>
>>734972068
Of vodka was really "odourless,tasteless" then bill Cosby wouldn't have needed roofies.
>>
>>734968493
My advice; don't.

Alcohol will make you feel like shit in tje long run.

Smoke weed instead, and you'll have a much better time.

This opinion comes from my personal experience though, everyone is different.

I just happen to hate alcohol and love weed.
>>
8 beers first
10 shots of whiskey next
3 bowls of weed after that
A cigarette every 20 minutes.

Now that's a good night.
>>
>>734974306

I happen to love alcohol and hate weed.
Not everyone is predisposed to alcoholism. And I think if anyone got drunk as often as stoners get high (which is, for some reason, seen as WAY more normal) they'd be full-blown alcoholics.
>>
File: IMG_2212.jpg (122KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2212.jpg
122KB, 960x1280px
Drink some Bombay Sapphire
I just turned 21 and I've never been a fan of drinking. Before I turned 21 I've been drunk maybe 10 times altogether. But I got a bottle of Bombay for my birthday and ive been drinking half of a fifth every weekend since.
>>
>>734974276
I wanna be a hacker
>>
>>734974263
I never had an hangover, even after the only time i puked from drinking, and i'm definitaly not a big guy, that time i was 58kg for 1m78. What makes you sick is the "congénère" (i have no idea how to translate that), which are the impurity in the drink (this is what makes it what it is, gives it the color, smell, so it's not pure ethanol, not impurity in the "dirty" sense), so since i mostly drink vodka and there is almost none in it, this might be why.

>>734973803
To elaborate a little bit
Vodka doesn't have a strong taste/smell depending on the brand/quality, but try one sip pure, and then ask for some juice/ice tea/whatever to chug it down more easily.
Rhum has a stronger, "warmer" and sweeter taste
Whisky can be really strong, also warm
Vermouth is bitter (i think it's the right word)

And don't get smashed the 1st time, you seem to not aim for that so good, but don't drink too quickly thinking you aren't feeling anything yet, it can take some time to really be noticeable, especially with food.
Drink a lot of water before going to bed, you'll have to get up to pee during the night, drink again while you are doing that, you won't feel as bad the next day
>>
>>734974278
you can't be that fucking daft, can you?
>>
>>734968493
Start with vodka. Then follow up with tequila, drinking red wine in between. You'll be good.
>>
>>734974559
Gin for people who don't like gin.
>>
>>734974969
>daft..

You were the one that called it odourless and tasteless, so it must be like water.
>>
>>734969244
>don't drink shitty beer
>uses heineken as an example of good beer

Jesus man! Where on earth do you live that Heineken is one of the better beers?
>>
>>734968493
What environment will you be in? To be honest I'd recommend a pint of peach vodka and some soda to mix or chase it with, half of the bottle should have you feeling nice but not over the edge. Don't listen to the faggots in here who think everyone should enjoy what they enjoy but beer is a bit of an aquired taste usually and it fills you up quick. Whatever you decide to drink get a pizza or something to snack on so your stomach doesn't ruin the experience.
>>
get as fucked up as you can for your first time and then work backwards from there
>>
>>734975820
What kind of gin would you suggest?
>>
>>734977006
I like beefeater, I like tanqueray, if you're in America, Trader Joes' store-brand is actually SHOCKINGLY good for the price. But I'm also not opposed to Gordon's, anything like that.

There's actually nothing wrong with Bombay, I'm just being snarky, but it is true that it, along with New Amsterdam and some other popular brands, don't actually aim for the same flavor profile as traditional gins. It's like drinking a glass of limeade and saying "This is the best lemonade I've ever had!".
I'm sure it's delicious, but... It doesn't taste like lemon!

Which is why you often hear people say "I hate gin, except for Bombay Sapphire", and people rate New Amsterdam very highly simply because it's a cheap-enough gin that doesn't taste like gin.

...That's enough of my two cents.
>>
>>734976222
i called it a MOSTLY tasteless/odorless SPIRIT.

reading comprehension, try it sometime.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.