[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to this city soon to study. Originally from Sweden. Any

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9747.png (31KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9747.png
31KB, 224x219px
Moving to this city soon to study. Originally from Sweden. Any of you guys from there and could tell me more about it?
>>
sorry anon, I'm from Powell Peralta myself
>>
>>734600552
Pretentious hipster town that hates outsiders.
Have fun.
>>
I used to live 45 min south from there.... Santa Cruz is surfer hippy chill city.
>>
>>734600855
My school will be in Aptos to be more precise, but I guess I'll live in Santa Cruz and take bus to school. Is the public transportation/metro there any good? I've heard it's rather okay for being California
>>
>>734600552
You will be very tired of them constantly asking you "How long you stayin?"
>>
>>734601175
I want to find a girl to marry so I can get permanent residency, how likely is it to find someone worth marrying in the area? I'm 21 right now..
>>
>>734600552
Native to the region. Ask away anon.
>>
>>734601971
1. How is the bus system over there? Is it reliable? I won't have a car so I'll have to get around by bus, walking and bike.
2. I don't know anyone there at all, what's your suggestion to me to get to know people? Where are the places to hang? I've had good success with Tinder so I'm gonna use it over there too.
4. How are the girls?
5. Is it less expensive than SF/Bay Area?
6. I want to find a shared room for max $600, is this resonable?
>>
>>734602120
>want to find a shared room for max $600, is this resonable?
Anon, good joke you're living in beachside California
>>
In Santa Cruz you can't tell who's homeless and who's a billionaire. They all look like homeless people.

If you can get in with the right crowd there's lots of orgies going on.
>>
>>734602120
Also, since I'm an international student and am not allowed to work legally, what are the chances if I just walk into cafes and such and ask for jobs? I've heard people having success with this. I'm pretty good looking and I've worked in many fields(although none that requires a degree)
>>
>>734601345
Highly unlikely.
>>
>>734602189
There's a Facebook page where most sublets are for $600-800, singles for around 800
>>
Im not from there but I can tell you that you won't have to look at the bloodied face of a rape victim on a daily basis
>>
Also you will get aids and the person who gives it to you will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. But on a positive note your from Sweden and probably have aids from being raped
>>
>>734600552
Anon you're getting yourself into quite an adventure, play your cards right and you'll do just fine. Since you're from student I'm assuming you're taking a student loan - when looking for jobs in the area make sure to tell them you don't have an American SSN and that you're international, they'll understand the rest. There's plenty of jobs under the table.
You might want to get out of the town after a while, eventually you will know most people in your age because of parties and what not. Are you going to Cabrillo College? It's the only school in Aptos. Get in good touch with your teachers and you'll do fine. They have great transfer agreements and it's a nice school, a lot of hot chicks there too. Just focus on studies and getting money(without putting yourself into danger) and things will work out. All the best to you
>>
>>734602120
You're making a huge mistake.
You should have chose Clemson.
Enjoy your leftist brainwashing and lack of education.

California is the most beautiful place in the world, but the people are self centered bigoted trash. Total vapid morons.

I used to own a house in Boulder Creek.

You are going to be selling dope or prostituting yourself to make ends meet. And good luck finding a job working for cash since you are competing with 15 million wetback vermin.

You dun goofed.
>>
>>734602120
1) Public Transportation is a joke in the majority of the U.S. A bike will carry you a long way. Especially since the majority of the Bay Area, and the Central Coast are very eco friendly. Unfortunatly for you, biking up along the 1 to SF or up the 17 to the Bay are abit out of the question. You'll mainly be stuck in the Capitola/Aptos Santa Cruz area. Monterey is a bit of a day trip.

2) Thats a toughie... there are alot of good and fun places to be... but if you have the money to visit them regularly, you'll very quickly get bored. If you are into pubs, I recomend Rosie McCanns over Poet and Patriot... but the Poet and Patriot are more colloge age friendly. Pizza my Heart will be your go to for late night food and fun, its really the best pizzeria in town. The bowl and karoake are fun for a drunk visit or two. The boardwalk is alittle touristy for my taste... but the pool tables there are usally more empty than the ones you'll find downtown. The pier is a chill hangout spot, but again, touristy. If you are into hiking, there is quite alot of trails in the area... mountain biking ones too I believe. Capitola has better beaches, but less to do, check out some of their ramen and ice cream shops though... Aptos, is probably the cheaper of the 3, its more tucked away in the mountains, but is by no means cheap.

In fact, just to skip ahead abit. The whole region is overpriced. But way less expensive than SF and the Bay. The poverty line in SF is about 6 figures last I heard. The bay, is still cheaper, but definitly pricey. And the towns closest to Santa Cruz on the bay side are even worse for prices.

That said, don't let that deter you. Aptos is probably your best bang for your buck if you can't score a sweet deal in Santa Cruz or Capitola. The average price for a studio is somewhere around 1200-2000$.

And for the fun part. Girls are going to be a mixture of pretty college girls, special snowflakes, new age hippies, and alot hicks. That said though....
>>
File: 777ds7ds.jpg (108KB, 1072x793px) Image search: [Google]
777ds7ds.jpg
108KB, 1072x793px
>>734600552
It's true watches at $ 0?
>>
>>734600552
Sure go fuck yourself
>>
Too many vampires
>>
>>734600552
....A tindr account will carry you far in that town.

I also agree with some of the other anons. Sant Cruz can be a bit overrated compared to the other schools in the area. What exactly is your major anon?
>>
>>734602984
Also, Carolina girls > mongrel California spic/gook trash.
More natural blondes than I have ever seen, and all the cornbread and gravy gives the white girls proper asses. Fuck them vegan rainbow haired pin cushions in Santa Cruz.

If you want a wife, you want to move to the south. Age of consent is 16 and women want to get married and knocked up early. The chicks here absolutely blow away California mongrels.
>>
>>734603048
Thanks a lot anon. Last question to you, how can I find something in Aptos? All ads on Facebook and craigslist are in Santa Cruz itself, close to UCSC. I've been looking for quite some time and have honestly not found a single one in Aptos. How can I reach out to the market in Aptos? Again, I don't know anyone there either
>>
>>734603267
Psychology
>>
>>734600552
>Originally from Sweden.
Here's a suggestion, do not move here to the United States. Especially California, that and New York is where all foreigners want to go to when they visit here, but pricing for everything in bigger, populated states like those is exorbitant. If you insist on coming to the United States still, I'd advise going to a different state that the one you've chosen. I assure you, you'll be absolutely miserable and homesick for Sweden if you don't.
>>
Liberal fog infested shithole that tries to brand itself as a vacation spot when in fact it is a haven for trailer trash and spics. Literally nothing to do in the city except go to the boardwalk and beach. Full of SJW's. The Mountains are nice tho.
>>
>>734603321
Youre going to get scammed looking for a $600 room. I let out my studio 10 years ago for $1000 a month to an Indian doctor.

Youre tripping.
>>
>>734603367
Well it's too late now. I've heard there aren't many foreigners in Santa Cruz, which is essentially why I picked that place, and for being close to the ocean.
>>
>>734603465
>studio
OP said shared room not a studio, a shared room for 600-700 is very resonable for the area
>>
File: IMG_9753.png (184KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9753.png
184KB, 750x1334px
Y'all don't know shit about the area and the prices there
>>
>>734603467
You heard wrong. Beaners are like roaches. And it is an SJW shithole. They literally attack people for lighting a cigarette in public. Cops will ticket you. It's an authoritarian shithole. Huge heroin problem, and untold numbers of junkies. The parking garages are filled with homeless ditch trolls who piss and shit in the open like Calcutta. The parking garage on Pacific Ave reeks of piss so bad you can smell it a block away.

Clemson is rated #1 University in the nation for networking after graduation.
>>
>>734600955
Have fun at Carbrehab
>>
>>734603467
California is predominantly Mexican, black and Asian with white speckled anymore. Santa Cruz is nice, I have an uncle that lives there. I haven't been there in ten years or so, so it might have changed. It is more laid back than say San Francisco or Los Angeles, but I'm sure you'll still see some of the races I mentioned above there. You definitely can't beat the Pacific ocean views from the California coast, I will admit that. Just be aware of all the taxes and everything else they throw at ya, I wasn't prepared last I went and had fun counting out change in my head.
>>
>>734602984
>boulder creek
how old are you?
>>
File: Brody-Twin-Peaks-1000.jpg (91KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Brody-Twin-Peaks-1000.jpg
91KB, 1000x667px
I'm actually graduating from UC Santa Cruz this yr.

LOL thank god, I'm done with this college. I can finally move on with my life and work.

The only places I can recommend as someone who used to live in Santa Cruz is the downtown area, boardwalk, and Capitola area, otherwise everything else is fine.
>>
>>734603714
>summer
Youre a fucking idiot.
Those prices go up when the yuppie trash retirn for the school year.

Why the fuck do you think the lease is up after Summer.
>>734603465
Ten years ago, faggot.
$600 x 3-4 bedrooms wont even cover the average mortgage in the area unser a prime interest rate.

Youll be an adult someday too.
>>
>>734603847
>>
>>734603321
Wow, k. That for sure out of my field of expertise. Wouldn't know a school that matches that field exactly. But don't discount Cabrillo, Monterey Peninsula College, Hartnell, UCMB, Gavilan, or even if you're willing to move from the area, any of the Bay colleges.

That is gonna be a challange. I had the same issue before. What you wanna do is utilize Craigslist mostly, usually postings will show up near the summer or changes in the semesters. If you have the ability, try and get a local to scout some of the area for you, alot of people just rent by word of mouth to friends or friends of friends. I was told Sweden is way more expensive then California, but there will probably still be a sticker shock. I moved to a shitty little ghetto south of that region to be more centralized for my work, and even there I am still paying nearly 1300 for a room.

Also, now this is alittle unorthdox. But because there are alot of boats in the area, you can probably look into renting a live aboard for roughly the same price as an apartment. Moss Landing, Monterey, and I want to say Capitola have slips and boats that are avaliable.

But I am sorry anon, I do not envy the hard search you will have there. By the way, have you reached out to the college to see if they don't have some sort of program to set you up in temporary housing?
>>
>>734603924
The lease is up because students get back after being away with their families and what not. Isn't that fucking obvious? Idiot cuck, stop talking about your redneck cousin fucker Carolina, there's a reason why nobody wants to live there. And all your precious white girls are getting BLACKED anyways
>>
>>734600552
It's kind of a shit hole with lots of homeless and crime. The beach is beautiful and the weed is killer
>>
>>734603998
I grew up in that town. Even worked at the BC brewery. Did you know many people there?
>>
>>734600619
underrated post
>>
File: White Trash Mama!.jpg (30KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
White Trash Mama!.jpg
30KB, 310x320px
>>734603293
I will introduce wish marriage to a southern "woman" on any mother fucker alive anon. What a bunch of two faced drama monster HOORS.
>>
>>734604090
I'm actually going to Cabrillo. School DSO is out of office right now but I will email her once she's back. I think it might be easier once I'm actually there, but obviously I need somewhere to stay before I can actually get in touch with other students and settle, it's pretty nerve-wrecking sometimes living in such uncertainty. Thank you for your time though
>>
>>734604102
Fuck off nigger.
I was born and raised in Commiefornia and its full of degenerate brainwashed faggots.

They brown nippled shitskins that make up the modern population of Commiefornia needs to be gassed.

I am one of 2 people itt giving OP decent 1st hand advice as a local.

You have no idea how superior the south is to the left coast. OP could get a REAL education at one of the best schools in America, which is also the reigning NCAA college football national champions. Their college stadium is larger than most NFL stadium and there are $10m dollar homes within 15 minutes of the school.

The women here absolutely btfo Cali skanks and for $600 OP can have his own house.
>>
>>734604368
No worries bro, and I wish ya luck in your career choice. And aside from what the other anons say, its not that bad of a town. Yes homelessness and drug abusers are rampant, but so is it for nearly everywhere in California that isn't Saratoga/Los Gatos and Pacific Grove.
>>
>>734604109
I stayed to myself and grew dope in my youth before I was born again Christian.

Now I sell 100% non alcoholic federally legal plants for a living because I'm good at it.
>>
>>734604573
>left coast
Thank God you moved from California, please don't ever come back. Left coast smh
>>
>>734604757
deer creek road?
>>
>>734604787
God is going to pour His wrath out on all you degenerate communist faggots though. :^)

Remember this post, shabbos goy.
>>
>>734604895
My house was on the San Lorenzo river across from Brookdale lodge.
There was also a serial killer working at the grocery store in Felton at the time. He murdered a pregnant lady.
>>
>>734605177
Did you know of the chestnuts?
>>
File: tomtompurple1.jpg (53KB, 445x575px) Image search: [Google]
tomtompurple1.jpg
53KB, 445x575px
>>734600552
Yo anon im from Santa Cruz i can answer any questions ive been living here my whole life
>>
>>734604573
>and for 600$ OP can have his own house

thats funny
>>
>>734606716
Hey, it would be nice if you could answer these questions too
>>734602120
>>
>>734600552
Hey OP just moved back to Southern California from Santa Cruz. Transferred into UCSC, finished in 2 years, stayed for 3 after that.

Santa Cruz is pretty cool for awhile, but I feel like you'd be way more happy in San Jose. Waaaaay more shit going on/cuter girls. To go nearly fucking anywhere of importance, you have to go north over the 17 Highway, which sucks nutsack because its a giant windy piece of shit on which nobody knows how to drive a fucking car. South of Santa Cruz is a bunch of ghetto gang cities which boast some of the highest crime rates in northern CA.
So Basically Santa Cruz sits in its own bubble between a windy death road and hell.

The people are cool and don't judge, everybody smokes weed/drinks. However there is NOTHING to fucking do besides drink and smoke. It gets boring pretty fast, girls are meh but you end up fucking them anways. A Santa Cruz 10 is a Santa Barbara 5.

You should've just went to Santa Barbara City College, they have a HUGE amount of sweedish transfers. Plus there's all kinds of shit to do in SB. You fucked up man.
>>
>>734607216
Is Aptos a "gang" city?
>>
File: screaming hand.jpg (168KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
screaming hand.jpg
168KB, 900x900px
>>734607056
OP the bus system is ok but its not as good as it used to be if you just traveling from aptos to Santa Cruz at times you should be fine but if your going into the mountains or some shit your outa luck. Go to the local music venue the catalyst and enjoy some of their shows they have really big artists perform there then after the show go to a bar and start making friends that way if. I know alot of hot girls in this town and a word of advice would be that if you find a girl who is a photographer get to be good friends with her even if shes not hot because sure enough the girls she taking pictures of will be. it is less expensive to live here than San Francisco but only by a small margin. for living expenses i would recommend moving in with a friend it makes things much easier
>>
>>734607216
>a santa cruz ten is a santa brabra five
anon this could not be more true
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.