[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should tipping be mandatory or an option?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 22

Should tipping be mandatory or an option?
>>
Fuck off faggot
I'm 19 I walk into a shop and pay for the shit I want and walk out

Before I walk out I have to pay fucking TAX.
Not going to give people free money for the job they are already getting payed
>>
Why should i tip if i just paid for food??
>>
Been in the hospitality/service business about eight years now, and I can honestly say that tipping shouldn't be mandatory, although it is widely appreciated. I mean, at the end of the day it really is just a socially accepted form of bribery.
>>
>>734329870
I write negative numbers in the "Tip" line. They deduct it from the waitresses' salary and send me a check.
>>
>>734330193
Maybe in a restaurant/diner that argument might work. But for places like catering halls/ country clubs where I work, where usually the food/drinks/experience is already paid for in advance, tipping isn't so bad.
>>
How come people that work in a grocery shop don't get a tip
That ain't fail
How come men are less likely to get tipped that's not fair
>>
>>734330697
>>734330511
>>
Tipping is optional.

But not for black people, they never tip so I would never tip them.
>>
File: SUvVbE8.jpg (108KB, 983x983px) Image search: [Google]
SUvVbE8.jpg
108KB, 983x983px
>>734330697

Tipping is a feminist invention.
>>
>>734330833
Two constants in the universe
1: Water is wet
2: Niggas don't tip
>>
Not sure why were making two threads of the same thing but Ill copy and paste what I said there

Meh whatever. Shes a hot blone chick. Probably never had to lift a finger when she was growing up and fucked who ever she wanted. Probably has 2 baby daddies that didn't commit because she obviously gives it up too easily. Probably. Now she's stuck with these two shit kids and a loose pussy and she was to busy fucking everyone in high school to learn any kind of a real skill. She will work a shit job the rest of her life unless she can put up with sucking some 80 year old dudes dick. Probably.
>>
>>734330920
kek no not even close. Tipping started in the prohibiton era. The ban on alcohol caused many businesses like restaurants to lose a fuckload of income, so most owners could no longer afford to pay their staff better, so they started encouraging the public to tip.
>>
>>734330400
kek
>>
>>734330697
Because womans have tits, stop being such a faggot. Also when I was a bagger at grocery store in high school some people would give me tips when I helped them out to their car.
>>
Tip is actually an anacronym
T.i.p. = to insure promptness
Therefore tips are something that are earned on the level of work they put into your individual service. Were they slow? No tip. Were they prompt and helpful? Tip

Tldr tip is optional
>>
>>734331386
My point exactly. Also sometimes it can be random. There have been night where I busted my ass and made nothing, and other times where some guy slid me a 20 just for getting him a beer or folding his napkin
>>
>>734329870
>USA
Third world country of retards

If you live in a normal country tipping isn't even needed because you will just get paid normally

greedy amerilards
>>
>>734329870
>single mom of 2 kids
Well fuck me, I'm not paying for your fuck ups you stupid slut. Suck my dick and earn your tip
>>
File: 41324132412412.jpg (96KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
41324132412412.jpg
96KB, 1920x1200px
I can tell most of you guys aren't social regulars because your trying to justify the beer or food over the people and atmosphere.

Bartended here I work with some drop dead gorgeous woman that give lonely divorced men, attention and respect. something you guys didnt know, The beer and and food tastes exactly the same everywhere you go! wings are on special all across the country on wednessday but only some bars have goodlooking staff that care about your new truck, empathize with the loss of a loved one, or help you forget about your troubles and make you part of a family.

The fact that its minimum wage to be a Therapist A, Baby Sitter (we get sued for getting you to drunk to quickly or do something violent) And, Janitor (I'm cleaning wing wednessday out of every toilet, and yesterdays spicy tacos out of the sinks)

My closing note is that yes its not manditory to tip but having hot woman that laugh at your jokes and flirt to make you feel important is only possible because of tippping. if you expect them to do it for minimum wage and a smile they arn't going to stay, they will do something else.
>>
>>734329870
Pay your fucking workers a wage for the work they do, fucking retarded yanks.
>>
>>734329870
option and whatever the fuck you wanted
fucking whiteknights trying to justify tips
>>
>>734329870
Im a bartender in quite an expensive club, and even I think that tipping should always be an option. Bartenders and waiters usually earn the minimum wage, but despite being a bartender is quite fun, we work nights for shit money, always trying to make your party time feel good, so if you leave a 1$ tip while ordering a 9$ beer it's really nice and appreciated, if you could afford a beer you probably can afford that little tip too. It's gonna make you feel better too. But if a bartender spends 15 mins, helping you to choose and then create a fancy cocktail, then tipping is almost obligatory,as he could pour tens of beers/shots for plenty of people during that time, but he's spending this on You. Otherwise it's not your duty to tip.
>>
Usually if I get some bad tips what I'll do is wait till I have a table that pays cash, then as they're closing out I tell the manager that they didn't like a particular drink or one of the items came out cooked improperly and they comp it off the bill. Since they payed cash that money goes straight in my pocket.
>>
>>734329870
>tipping
>mandatory
That would remove the entire point of having tips in the first place. If you think tips should be mandatory, you're a fucking idiot and you should be advocating for waiters to be paid decent wages instead.
>>
File: 000.jpg (57KB, 452x450px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
57KB, 452x450px
>>734329870
I'd have tipped that fucking blonde whore carroussel 4.43$. My autism cant deal with float totals
>>
tipping is customers getting jewed by the establishment. Simple as that.
If the establishment paid their staff a living wage, food prices would go up marginally, that's all, it's way cheaper for the customer. Unless your jewing the waitress, then yea it's gonna cost you more, but I couldn't give a fuck cos I fact your that guy, your a cunt.
>>
>>734329870
i dont usually tip but if they are overal nice and don't act like a cock ill give them like the first note i pull out.
>>
>>734329870
I havent heard if we covered all our bases yet or not, has someone gotten her fired yet for bitching about her job on facebook? Or even figured out where she works?
>>
>>734332073
>The fact that its minimum wage to be a Therapist A, Baby Sitter (we get sued for getting you to drunk to quickly or do something violent) And, Janitor (I'm cleaning wing wednessday out of every toilet, and yesterdays spicy tacos out of the sinks)

Get fucked. I literally paid the fucking bill.

Fuck you and fuck your tip.
>>
>>734332587
t. Lying, muny grubbing, femanon cunt
>>
>>734329870
But also this is why I dont really go to restaurants to eat. I don agree with the fact that they get away with paying these people less than minimum wage, overcharge me, and expect me to also turn around and pay their employees since they dont get paid otherwise. Tipping culture shouldnt be a thing because we should be more self sufficient as consumers anyways.
>>
>>734333307
I'm a dude
>>
>>734330511
It's still your job. Why do you feel like the guests should pay you extra when you allready have a salary?
>>
>>734333348
I wanna suck your dick
>>
>>734329870
If it is mandatory then it is no longer a tip.
>>
>>734329870
maybe she should harass her employer for more wages?
>>
>>734333355
t. Larping, lying, muny grubbing femanon, cunt
>>
>people think that transporting food deserves more than a minimum or slightly higher wage

If your employers don't pay you enough, don't abuse your customers for protection money.

Learn a skill.

Fuck tipping, except for extraordinary service. That's what the custom exists for.
>>
Until restaurants are required to pay minimum wage to servers and busboys and everybody's food tab goes up 20%, tipping is a necessary evil.
>>
>>734329870
You should ask yourself why the tip is required as a 'compensation for the worker' and why said worker is not paid enough by the employer.
>>
Minimum wage is about twice as much as tipped minimum wage so you should only tip if theyre making the latter of the two
>>
Entitled cunts thinking they deserve extra because they can carry plates.
>>
>>734333712
No, they deserve extra for maintaining a positive demeanour - despite all being petty, entitled, childish cunts.

It's hard to smile at your customers when you're an absolute piece of shit; ask any waitress who 'relies on tips' to make more than she deserves in extortion.
>>
>>734331682
Kek this. She probably got blacked and now regerts it
>>
>>734332538
>I think that tipping should always be an option. >if you leave a 1$ tip while ordering a 9$ beer it's really nice and appreciated, if you could afford a beer you probably can afford that little tip too.

Fuck you, you jew bastard. Have you heard the hypocrisy?
>>
>>734334003
Why? They're just doing their job, I don't get paid extra to deal with asshole customers on my job. If they're underpaid then they shouldn't even take the job.
>>
>>734331074
>>734329870

this thread again.
it's the fifth fucking time in two hours.

covfefe
>>
>>734334003
You do that in every job. Just in every other job if you don't be positive, you get fired. These cunts want more money for doing what's expected of them.
>>
Ontario is increasing minimum wage to $15/hr. I'll never tip a server in Ontario again. They make enough now.
>>
>>734329870
I don't get tip if I smile at work.
>>
Serve or bartend for a week at $2-$3 an hour and see if that changes some of your opinions.

I tip no matter what. If service sucks it'll be less than what I would normally tip for good service. Some people have bad days. I even tip on to go orders
>>
>>734334292
They're still only making two euros or 1.7USD. How is that enough?
>>
Tipping is a thing because waiters/waitresses only make $2 an hour

Most of them work like they ONLY make $2 an hour and act like they should be handed cash on a silver platter.

I'm not paying your fucking paycheck because you're too lazy to get a better job, all you fuckers do is write down what I want and that's it.

If you really go above and beyond then I have no problem of throwing some extra cash your way.

Protip: if you do tip, always tip on card, then it gets taxed
>>
>>734334645
If you have so much money to throw away, why don't you open a restaurant and bar where you pay the servers $15 an hour? Since you're so intent on correcting the injustices of the universe, and you have the resources, I see no reason for you to refuse.
>>
>>734329870
Who is she? Can't find where this came from.
>>
>>734334809
> if you do tip, always tip on card, then it gets taxed
this
>>
>>734329870
>have a job
>get paid by boss
>get 5 dollar extra for just doing my work as expected
>get mad

I think it's OK to make tipping mandatory. But only if it applies to all professions. Teachers, police officers, soldier, dentists, cashier, butchers, nurses, painters, swim instructors, plumbers, lawyers and journalist should also get a fair tip when they do their work as expected.
>>
places should be transparent about how they pay their workers so people know going in
>>
>>734329870
Waitstaff should just be paid more so we can forget the concept even exists.
>>
>>734334839
He obviously doesn't have the resources. That's a non sequitur but I agree that people shouldn't have to tip. The customer should not be the one to pick up the tab.
>>
>>734334645
>Serve or bartend for a week at $2-$3 an hour and see if that changes some of your opinions.
The problems is that tipping is keeping the wages low.
If everybody stops tipping, nobody will work for $2 / hour anymore.
>>
>>734333474
This. We'd have a "living wage" by now if people would just organize and strike instead of bitching to the government about everything.
>>
File: 1402089229555.gif (2MB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1402089229555.gif
2MB, 255x164px
“The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) has established a supplemental base wage of $2.13 per hour for employees who earn significant tip income (such as waiters and waitresses). These employees must earn at least the federal minimum wage of $7.25 when tips are included. (If they don’t, their employer is required to make up the difference.) The difference between the cash wage and the federal minimum wage is known as the tip credit.

Advocacy groups often misleadingly point to the $2.13 tipped wage supplement and claim that tipped employees earn less than the minimum wage. This isn’t true: Tipped employees are guaranteed to earn at least the federal minimum wage of $7.25 and typically earn much more. Census Bureau data show that the average hourly wage for a restaurant employee earning tip income is $13.08, with top earners bringing in $24 an hour or more.”

Source: https://tippedwage.com/facts-about-the-tipped-wage

"Waiters aren't paid like everyone else. Unlike cooks, who are subject to the federal minimum wage, servers are instead compensated based on the assumption that they are going to earn some extra money on the side. Restaurants are required to pay their wait staff what is known as the tipped-minimum wage, which is $2.13 per hour.

The understanding is that tips will make up for the difference between the tipped and regular pay floor. But even when the tips don't make up that difference, waiters still make no less than the federal minimum wage because restaurants are legally required to pay the rest.

The truth, however, is that that rarely happens. The average base pay for waiters is $4.90, according to Pay Scale. What they make in tips is earned on top of that, and tips alone more often than not amount to a good deal more than the $7.25 federal minimum wage."

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/08/20/theres-a-serious-problem-with-how-restaurants-pay-their-staff/?utm_term=.f69a694f4cf5
>>
File: Do you tip.jpg (59KB, 576x835px) Image search: [Google]
Do you tip.jpg
59KB, 576x835px
>>734329870
You wouldn't need the tips if your boss/owners weren't trying to squeeze every penny they can out of you. Asian countries seldom tip, but that's because they aren't a bunch of greedy fucktards.
>>
File: 1494406354932.jpg (165KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494406354932.jpg
165KB, 640x600px
>>734334155
This, this, and this. I agree that restaurant workers get paid way less than minimum wage and I can't believe it's legal, honestly. But don't take a job where the pay is shit and get mad when people don't tip. And in OPs pic, they did tip, but this bitch thinks the tip amount should be relative to the amount spent. Don't accept a job with shit pay if you for want shit pay.
>>
>>734332538
>if you could afford a beer you probably can afford that little tip too
So if you go to a store and by cheese, you also tip? You can afford cheese, so you probably can afford that little tip too
>>
File: covfefe-799x423.jpg (37KB, 799x423px) Image search: [Google]
covfefe-799x423.jpg
37KB, 799x423px
I think every job should be for tips.

Hire a carpenter to build you a house, then once it's built decide how much it's worth to you. If you're running a little low that day, just stiff him.
>>
>>734329870
Either have businesses pay their waiters more than $3-4 an hour, or fucking tip. Don't have to tip a fuck ton, but come on
>>
File: 1407815046128.gif (78KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1407815046128.gif
78KB, 200x200px
>>734335214
Your job is a waiter/waitress, and you only make $2.13 an hour. Let's say it was a really bad day, you worked 8 hours, and didn't have a single customer all day (hypothetically speaking of course). Does that mean you only earned a total of $17.04 that day? No, it doesn't. What that means is, by federal law, your employer must make up for the difference so that you at least netted a total of $58 for that day. This would mean that you actually worked those 8 hours at a rate of $7.25 an hour.

Now let’s say it was a real busy night after a concert or during a football game. Had you worked 8 hours that day, served 10 different tables, each tipping $10, you would have made $100 plus the base rate of $2.13. This equates to a total of $117.04 for that 8 hour shift. That’s more than double what people get paid for an 8 hour shift making at least the federal minimum wage with no possibility of being tipped ($7.25 an hour) which is only $58.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170516-184452.jpg (526KB, 1244x1249px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170516-184452.jpg
526KB, 1244x1249px
>>734333258
Your so whiney. Are you still upset Hillary lost. Go cry in the shower.
>>
>>734329870
I'd ban it. We don't do that shit in my country, it's silly that you still do it.
>>
>>734333403
3 dollars a hour is not a livable wage whatsoever
>>
>>734329870
>Boo hoo I worked so hard today moving plates back and forth between the kitchen and the customer's table.
>It's so hard getting the customer's order sending that order to the chef.
>>
>>734329870
tipping be mandatory? Fuck that!If you aren't happy with your wages then get a different job. You aren't a fucking charity, not that I give to charity either.
And for anyone defending it... think about this. You spend money on products that are already marked up so that the company makes product and can hire employees. You are effectively paying their wage before the question of tips even comes up. why the fuck should you be charged extra because some did they job they are paid to do?
>>
>>734333403
You don't even know what the difference between a salary and a wage is, your opinion here is invalid.

Kys etc. etc.
>>
>>734330697
>How come men are less likely to get tipped

Because most dudes aren't looking to fuck another dude. They're looking to fuck the hot little college chick that just waited on them.

Similarly, said college chick usually tries to cram her tits into a bra a size or two too small to get attention from horny idiots with more money than sense. Prop them boobies up so the old dudes can drool all over them while feeling the need to flaunt their wealth through tipping.

It's a fantastic racket and I don't blame 'em for it one bit. If I were a chick, I'd do the same goddamned thing.
>>
>>734335851
see
>>734335214
>>
Shitty tippers are usually shitty people who should receive shitty service so they never return again
>>
I work in a nightclub behind a bar and we have like 2500 people in every weekend. I make above £6 every night in tips and most I've had is £20 but heard of someone getting up to £60 at new years eve. Tipping isn't a requirement, its a privilege and how much you get tipped will always reflect on the person you are.
>>
>>734336413
aka personality and attitude to customers.
>>
File: 1438455811775.jpg (29KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1438455811775.jpg
29KB, 500x394px
bitches aren't getting a tip if they're rude, slow, grumpy or whatever.

i don't even care that much if they get my order wrong, people make mistakes, just fix it as quickly as possible and we're gucci.

now on the other hand, even the slightest little thing can make me want to tip someone, just have a smile on your face, be polite, don't take too long.

i don't give a fuck if they're having a bad day, that's not my fucking problem, we all have bad days, do your job, do it with a smile, if you don't then don't expect me to go out of my way to tip your sorry ass.
>>
>waiters make $3
>this means I have to tip
>instead of the waiter just getting a new job
Fucking cucks
>>
>>734333538
this so much.

not my fucking problem you've got this shitty job.
>>
>>734334904
nah, the waiters will just complain that they want more, they're all whiney little faggots who rather bitch about customers not giving them tips than complain to their boss.
>>
File: 1447698827491.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447698827491.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
i work at a gas station, i deal with grumpy, annoying and straight up violent customers all the damn time, you don't see me complaining about needing more money because i have to deal with them, grow the fuck up, if you don't get paid enough, get a different fucking job you colossal faggots.
>>
people should all stop tipping and let the actual business pay their workers, rather than paying them below minimum wage and forcing them to leech it off the public.
>>
Food in restaurants is fucking cheap in the US. If you can't afford to tip the help, you can't afford to eat out PERIOD.

If you don't want to tip in a country where it is customary (like the US) then you are a cheap bastard and a cunt.

Sure, if the service is actually bad, give an insulting tip, like 99 cents in coins. It's part of the custom of tipping.

The argument that the owners should pay a living wage is a valid one. But it doesn't stop you from tipping. Why? because its not going to change just by you being a cheap fuck.

Anyways, if you want the servers to make a "living wage" and not have to tip them, expect your bill to go up 20 percent or more. Tipping is part of the cost of eating out, deal with it you cheap fucks. Or just eat shitty carry out food, eat from a dumpster, or get your fat fucking mom that you still live with the make you a sandwich.
>>
>>734334809
>I'm not paying your fucking paycheck because you're too lazy to get a better job, all you fuckers do is write down what I want and that's it.

Basically this.

Why the fuck should I be expected to pay you because your employers doesn't? This is just fucking bullshit.

If you've got a complaint, take it up with the guy employing you or the congressman passing laws to effectively guarantee that wait staff are excluded from near universal minimum pay legislation.

Don't bitch at me for being a customer who objects to your employers business practice.
>>
If service is good, I'll tip 20%. That means I better get a cute waitress who pretends to flirt with me.

If service is ok (I get a guy or the girl isn't really into fake liking me), I'll tip 10%.

If the service is awful (server vanishes for long periods, seldom checks on me, etc.), I won't tip.

I once had a gorgeous waitress who put her hand on my shoulder every time she came over, never let my glass get below half empty, and checked on me often. My bill was about $20. I left her a fifty.

I'm a sad, lonely piece of shit. When I go out to eat (which I rarely do), it's the only social interaction I'm likely to have for a while. I wanted to be treated nicely.
>>
>>734336467
Also attractiveness can be a factor to the customer.
>>
>>734337322
aww, didn't you get enough tip money tonight little jimmy?
>>
>>734337332
Just internalize that eating out costs 15-20 percent more than menu price. Don't be a cheap cunt getting a discount at the expense of the help.
>>
>>734335107
>The problems is that tipping is keeping the wages low.
>If everybody stops tipping, nobody will work for $2 / hour anymore.

Yup. Basically this.

Employers love waitstaff bitching because it allows them to cream more profit from the business while waitstaff and customers guilt trip each other.
>>
>>734337387
At this point in your life, why not higher end escorts?
>>
>>734329870
It shouldn't exist. It's an excuse to pay servers less. They pay them less than a wage because they make tips. Then it makes people look like assholes when they don't want to tip.
>>
>>734337507
I don't even work food service, never have and never will.
>>
>>734331682
It's always I'm a mother of x beautiful kids
Who gives a shit...
>>
>>734331376
fuck you. I hate people like you. If I'm not going to fuck a woman why should I whiteknight for her like you and give her special privileges. Fuck you, I shouldn't. Because of shitheads like you, I only tip men.
>>
>>734329870
I tip everywhere except southern California.
>>
>>734335187
>We'd have a "living wage" by now if people would just organize and strike

Not really. Wait staff is literally the most easy thing to replace in the whole world. Literally a job anyone can do from day zero with little to no training.

For everyone that strikes there would be a dozen or more people happy to take your job.

Fuck you guys.
>>
>>734337664
he only gives his tip to men
>>
File: 1474730471964.jpg (88KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474730471964.jpg
88KB, 1920x1080px
No.

But what *should* be mandatory is that the workers are paid a decent, livable wage so they won't have to hit up customers for more money (tip) that the managers are refusing to pay.
>>
If you dont want to tip thats fine but its cowardly as fuck to not make that known to the server before they serve you
>>
>>734337543
you don't have to get your dick wet to have a good time.
>>
>>734337543
I can't really set aside much right now, as I'm taking care of a disabled relative. I wouldn't be able to afford a reputable, classy escort. Maybe some time in the future. I'm certainly not opposed to it. Could spring for the "Girlfriend Experience" package.
>>
No why tip they get a wage here in UK we do not tip or rarely do
>>
American living in the UK.

come live here, no one expects shit. I tipped 2 quid to the pizza guy and he was fucking ecstatic.
>>
>>734337979
I support this guy
>>
>>734332073
I dont want your fake bullshit
>>
>>734337847
>it's cowardly as fuck not to make that known

Or how about they don't expect handouts for simply doing their job?
>>
>>734337979
isn't 2 quid like $6? I'd be ecstatic to get $6 bucks from a situation where I expected nothing.
>>
>>734329870
No, wages should be high enough without tipping. The US of A is such a third world country.
>>
File: 00000000000000000000000.png (34KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
00000000000000000000000.png
34KB, 1152x648px
ITT:
cucks not getting paid enough so they guilt trip hard working people for their hard earned money, because you know, they deserve it more than you.
'MURICAns defending said cucks because their country sucks and waiters/servers get treated like trash
Normal people who come from places where people actually get paid a decent amount of money for their job where tipping isn't mandatory or customary explaining why tipping is a cancer that needs to be exterminated because it enables business owners to underpay their staff.
Cunts who don't tip simply because they can, even if the waiters did their job perfectly.
>>
>>734337816
might as well at this point. At least traps didn't grow up as entitled fucks, unlike actual women
>>
>>734337853
>have a good time
>highlight of your week is a waitress touching your shoulder and paying twenty minutes of attention to you
I know you're not the guy who originally posted, but you're retarded.
>>734337883
Ah I see. Good luck anon.
>>
File: I am 12 and what is this.jpg (69KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
I am 12 and what is this.jpg
69KB, 600x851px
>>734335681
>Your so whiney. Are you still upset Hillary lost. Go cry in the shower.

What the fuck are you? 12?

I am a Trump supporter from before he was nominated, but this bullshit over tips is exactly that. Fucking bullshit.

Get rid of minimum wage provisions over waitstaff and see what happens.
>>
join a goddamn union, you cucks

if an employer can't afford to pay you what you're worth, go find another employer
>>
File: 1476481685490.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1476481685490.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>734332073
Bartender cleans the toilets. K
>>
>>734338122

it's like 2.50 $

pound fell a little after the referendum. Good for me, I get paid in USD.
>>
>>734338182
>tipping is a cancer that needs to be exterminated because it enables business owners to underpay their staff.

pretty much this.
>>
I don't mind tipping, but that lady's butthurt about not getting tipped more is fucking ridiculous. Niggas just spent over a hundred bucks and you want him to tip you a large fraction of that on top of it? Who the fuck she think she is? Unless she passed some head around the table, fuck off back to serving. There are people making no tips at all on shittier salaries.
>>
Does anyone even know the definition of a tip anymore? It's a gratuity for services...fuck off if you think that someone owes you shit especially if you're lousy at doing your job.
>>
>>734338210
Enjoys having dinner with pleasant company (even if it is just the help) tips generiously because its a shit job that anybody can do but still sucks and you got good service.

Suggestion is to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for hooker instead of "wasting" it on tipping people trying to make an honest living.

Who is retarded? I mean if you just want to get off you can just jack it instead of buying the "girlfriend experience".

Never understood guys who are so hard up for sex that everything is distilled into "got to buy a hooker".
>>
Don't worry you white trash single mom of two (two dads prob). They are trying to raise the minimum wage to $15.00 so start thinking of another way to bitch and cry.
>>
>>734336202
>Shitty tippers are usually shitty people who should receive shitty service so they never return again

But unless they do return again wait staff can't deliver that shitty service because tipping only occurs at the end of the meal.

Therefore:

A. Tell the wait staff that you don't tip before your meal so that they can deliver the shitty service they think you deserve (as per "I don't tip meme")

B. Get "tip expected service" from wait staff, but don't tip at the end of the meal so that you can enjoy the service that people elsewhere get. Just remember that if you return to the place again the wait staff will fuck with your food.

Now read that back and think about how retarded it is...
>>
>>734329870
Tipping should be for excellent service, and definitely not in high end diners or restaurants where you pay for it by buying food.
>>
>>734338554
>>734338554

You ignorant mother fucker. She has to tip out 3% of the sales that she makes. So she basically just paid for those people to eat there and worked for free.

You are an inconsiderate piece of shit human being and you need to learn some decency or just kill yourself.

You are a blight upon the human race and our future.
>>
>>734338708
Have to agree. Your shit sounds retarded.
>>
>>734338708
I think what the person was saying is that "doesn't tip" type people are usually shitty to the help and the help can get a feel for a nontipper, and gives bad service to discourage repeat business from said shitty person.
>>
>>734337322
>If you can't afford to tip the help, you can't afford to eat out PERIOD.

America: Tip us or we fuck with your food.

Noice.
>>
>>734338820
>She has to tip out 3% of the sales
Now you're just making shit up. No one is retarded enough to work under those conditions, not even a woman.
>>
>>734332538
>9 dollar beer
What the fuck is this?
A beer is 1,60 euro for 25cl where I live
>>
>>734338820
is it the customers fault she doesn't get paid enough?
no?
then shut the fuck up, not our fault those faggots don't get paid enough, enjoy the tip that i give you, don't bitch for more.
>>
>>734338857
If its the custom, you follow it. Even if you don't agree with it.
>>
>>734338820
What?

Are you honestly trying to say that she is paying to work?
Either that's bullshit or the USA really is a clusterfuck of stupidity
>>
>>734338979
High end bars charge that or more for draft beers. It keeps Joe six pack away which means better company for high end clientele.
>>
>>734330124
You're retarded. Servers generally make $2.50-3.50 per hour.
>>
>>734329870
Should just make the employer pay reasonable wages so tipping won't be necessary
>>
>>734339006
Some top end places used to actually require servers to pay the place a flat fee. The tips were more than enough to justify it. The law changed in the places where that happened decades ago though.
>>
>>734331053
>Not sure why were making two threads of the same thing but Ill copy and paste what I said there

not sure why there is even one of these stupid b8 copy/pasta shit threads in the first place.
>>
>>734339177
Hell some strip clubs do the same thing even today, but that is a different sort of "table" service.
>>
>>734339125
because it's summer
>>
>>734339125
Because checking is a shit post. You fags look dumb as hell by doing this in any thread that isn't a roll thread
>>
>>734337530
>Just internalize that eating out costs 15-20 percent more than menu price. Don't be a cheap cunt getting a discount at the expense of the help.

You're not slaves or servants, you are employees, just like I am.

My employee pays me a wage to come to work everyday, smile and be polite to customers.

Why the fuck would I expect extra? Don't like the contract or terms and conditions? Get a better paying job, numbnuts!

Your inability to get a better job does not equate to a requirement for subsidy from your customers.
>>
>be me
>used to deliver pizza
>hardly any tips
>started offering weed as well
>greatly helps my income
>pretty soon when people call to order they ask who is delivering
>if not me they say nevermind
>after a few weeks of this
>boss gives me more hours
>.25 cent raise
>brags on me to parents and staff
>parents so god damn proud of work ethic
>give me the corolla when they buy a new one
>"you need a dependable car to work with"
>no longer the black sheep
>rub it in to my sib's
>life was good
>>
>>734338820
Bullshit!
>>
>>734339274
The pay is accepted because there is the assumption of tip income. It's a safe assumption, because only assholes make it a point to not tip.
>>
>>734337612
>It's always I'm a mother of x beautiful kids
>Who gives a shit...

It's a guilt trip as are all of these shill threads about tipping. Nothing more.

Get a fucking better job.
>>
>>734329870
>>734338985
>is it the customers fault she doesn't get paid enough?
>no?
>then shut the fuck up, not our fault those faggots don't get paid enough, enjoy the tip that i give you, don't bitch for more.
this. how is it even an argument. also if you want more money get a different job you idiots or try to start a movement so these companies pay you more.

matter of fact I'm adding "tip*" to my filters as I'm sick of seeing this shit
>>
>>734332073
lol, someone only earns minimum wage as an adult male....
>>
>>734335851
Then maybe you should get a better paying job
>>
>>734339328
I used to make good money delivering pizza, guy I knew worked for same chain, but different part of city. Got no tips. Why? both areas weren't exactly full of rich people. The reason why is his place was in the black part of town. Don't be a nigger, tip your driver.
>>
>>734337847
>If you dont want to tip thats fine but its cowardly as fuck to not make that known to the server before they serve you

So they can fuck with the food that you're paying their employer for.

Think about that...
>>
>>734335851
See, I agree with you. Some places have that shitty pay you 2-3 an hour and tips make up the rest of your pay. I know this first hand because my sister in law is a server. I generally tip due to the fact I'm not a nigger.
>>
>>734332073
go work on a scallop dragger, 7 hours on 5 off for 20 days faggot. be so broke up you cant close your hands for half an hour after you wake up by the second day. Being sociable is not work
>>
>>734339394
So it's ok to pay people less than minimum wage solely based on assumption?
>>
I've always wanted to go to America just to play this out.

>get service from person
>they ask for a tip
>I say
>don't ask an ozzie for a tip, you'll get a useless piece of information!
>I walk away and go to the next shop
>repeat
>>
File: Brittney.jpg (152KB, 550x739px) Image search: [Google]
Brittney.jpg
152KB, 550x739px
Here is the full post, they have to give out 3% of their total sales as indicated by >>734338820
>>
If you want to not pay for table service, you can just pay for the food and get it to go. Many places offer a to go option.

Tipping is paying for table service. No, its not included in the menu price. Just like lots of things in the real world, some costs are "hidden" but expected. Deal with it.
>>
Tipping should have never been a thing.

It basically just makes waiters bitter if they don't get a good tip and 90% of the time they're just horrible at their job.

Why is asking someone if they want more coke a skill that deserves 50 dollars an hour?
>>
>>734339716
Min wage is a price floor, I'm in favor of getting rid of it entirely. So yes...
>>
>Be USA
>We has restauraunts, makes foods
>charge peepuls for foods
>charge more munies for staffs do jobs

That is literally how retarded the "tipping culture" sounds to me
>>
blacks took care of me really tho as much as the whites, especially the first week of the month
>>
>>734332073
>most of you guys aren't social regulars
>go to bar to get fake empathy from some bitch for tipping her
>thinking a random bartender cares about your shitty life because you tip them

I just don't...
>>
>>734339899
>>734339524
>>
>>734339870
price is for food, not the table service. Think of waiters as sub contractors that you have to pay seperately
>>
>>734339853
You do understand that if this were to happen, prices would stay the same for awhile until no one could afford to buy their products right? That would cause Americans to loose twice as much money. People will be taking jobs for nearly no money like illegals
>>
>>734339737
not
my
problem

this bitch has to get another job or stop complaining, it's not my fault, nor do i really give a shit that you don't make enough money to support yourself, i'm not your employer, i don't owe you jack fucking shit.

YOU accepted a job where you PAY to work.
YOU accepted a job where you don't make enough money to support yourself.
I'm not responsible for your shit, fuck off.

"/end rant"
>>
>>734340016
you are so fucking economically illiterate you must have voted for Bernie.
>>
File: 1478838238439.png (1MB, 987x742px) Image search: [Google]
1478838238439.png
1MB, 987x742px
I only tip for exceptional service. When the waiter/waitress goes the extra mile in their job, as opposed to the standard or the bare minimum. That's how I was raised to look at a tip, as a little reward for doing something more than what's expected of you. The kind of people who demand a tip are selfish cunts that expect the customer to support them when they should go to the employer. If you make a tip mandatory it's not a tip anymore, it's basically an extra tax.
>>
File: faggot.gif (80KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
80KB, 720x480px
>>734339125
because you're a fucking dipshit
>>
>>734338649
Yeah, you're retarded. His life is so warped and saddening that he needs to have a faux emotional prostitute. At this point he might as well just pay a prostitute or better himself to find a girlfriend. If you're at such a low point in your moment where a waitress touching your shoulder is the highlight, you need to fix your life.

The bottom line is that it's not healthy, and he should look into purchasing actual emotional/physical support, or better himself as a person. Relying on waitresses to touch you is depression tier and you need to get it treated.

You're wrong and I won't bother to read your further replies. :^)
>>
>>734339114
if thats a problem for them maybe they should find a better job.
Mcdonalds pays minimum wage and entry level shop jobs hire literally anyone and usually pay more than minimum wage.
>>
married mothers should be mandatory.
>>
>>734339737
>>734329870

should we try n get her fired?

self entitled bitch.
>>
>>734329870

If it's not an option, it's not a tip.
>>
>>734329870
>I carry small circles on bigger circles.
>pay me extra for literally being a clown.
kill yourself.
>>
>>734339737
how is it possible to make 2.63 an hour? also if she didnt like it she should have gone to school. buddy paid her for 2 hours of work ffs
>>
>>734339114
is that my fucking problem?

those dumb cunts accepted to work for such a low wage, i'm not paying because they're so stupid as to accept that.
>>
>>734329870
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>734338856
>the help can get a feel for a nontipper

So, they are paid for being psychic? Now I totally understand...
>>
>>734339634
is that fucking real?
>>
>>734329870
neither employee wages should be the employers responsibility not mine
>>
Do what I did get a job in the trades if you can take an order you can work a jobsite for 13 n hr up

Seriously these fucking butterfly deserve this waiting for school kids not a legitimate career
>>
File: Beep Beep I'm a Sheep.gif (53KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Beep Beep I'm a Sheep.gif
53KB, 480x270px
>>734339003
>If its the custom, you follow it. Even if you don't agree with it.

When did the America that won WW1 & WW2 and landed on the moon die?

'Cos it sure ain't here today.
>>
>>734330124
TAX??? I payed $13.00 for food today and payed 74 cents in tax. Don't act like that's some huge fucking deal, kid.

Servers get payed 3 dollars an hour. Unless you're some poorfag then stfu.
>>
I've worked for tips for four years now. It's getting me through my college degree. I believe after four years I have a solid opinion on the matter.

It's bullshit. No one should have to tip anybody. Tipping in the U.S. is absolutely bonkers. I make $4.50 an hour, below the minimum wage, meaning I rely 110% on your tips to survive. If you don't tip me, I'm working for almost nothing. However, you should definitely NOT have to tip me. The fact that we have an entire service industry ran on the charity of the consumers is rediculous. It's bad for me, its bad for you, the only one's it's good for are the business owners because they get dirt cheap labor out of it.

To quote Pulp Fiction "Give me something to sign and I'll sign it" I think tipping is awful and I think it should go away. I'd love to make a standard living wage without tips doing my job while I go to school, I'd love it.

But in the meantime, until enough people speak out and we get this shit changed, for the love of god please tip me. Your $3 or $4 dollars make a huge difference to me. Thank you.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.