[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ how do i get into comics? all of my friends are super into

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: heroes.png (2MB, 1200x688px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.png
2MB, 1200x688px
/b/ how do i get into comics?
all of my friends are super into it and know every little detail and everytime something hero related comes up i just sit in silence.
i enjoy the movies and such and always have questions about characters and such but when i ask they go on for like 20 minutes only to say "thats just a short intro"

like wtf? how much information is there on these characters? where do i start?
>>
>>734314600
bump

im particularly interested in star lord / gaurdians of the galaxy.
>>
File: 14368757._SX540_.jpg (85KB, 540x409px) Image search: [Google]
14368757._SX540_.jpg
85KB, 540x409px
Start off with Punisher MAX, thats how I got into comics

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Punisher-Frank-Castle-MAX
>>
>>734314841
how do i know when the universe is different between stories?
>>
>>734314600
Start off with Watchmen by Alan Moore. That whole novel is like $20 and is still one of the best I've ever read.
>>
>>734315121
why do you say its one of the best?
>>
>>734314996
They usually have a lot of contradictory plotlines if they are separate series or "timeline/universe" if it's a different writer/story, the excuse is always just "it's a different dimension/universe or timeline"
>>
>>734315182
Because it actually has the right amount of writing talent, angst, and artwork to tickle people's autism just right
>>
>>734315270
so its just a lazy way of fixing any contradictions / plot holes?

can any asshole just go and write their own spider man story? how does this work?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (808KB, 3971x2128px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
808KB, 3971x2128px
>>734314996
Punisher Vs the Marvel universe where he kills all the faggots dressed in tights or turns into frakenstein, and een when the punisher is in the 1920's. you'll know when you read them
>>
>>734315392
Yeah pretty much, you can go into any new comic book series with only basic understanding of the characters premise and you'll be fine. It's less of a "lazy" way and more of a "one size fits all" solution that anyone who reads comics is likely to eat up.
>>
>>734316057
makes enough sense. i think ill start with punisher vs marvel universe.

id like to see all those faggots die.

whats punishers super power?
>>
>>734316188
Being an edgy faggot with Batman's budget, but unlike Batman he has a pair of balls
>>
>>734314600
Depends on what you what. I recommend Superman:Birthright
>>
>>734316251
sounds badass.
always hated batman and superman for never killing anyone.

the niggers joker problem could be solved real quick if batman wasnt a bitch

im sure the us military could take these dumbass villains too, where the hell is the us military in all these comics?
>>
>>734316251
>>734316420
does he have batmans "super intelligence" as my friends always claim he has
>>
>>734316465
IDK about "Superman intelligence". I never really read any Superman comics. In one issue of Punisher though he builds a hadron collider in his prison basement and hooks up criminals to it so when he kills them, he turns it on and because "science" and atoms and shit they basically are stuck experiencing the moment of their death forever. So that's cool.
>>
>>734316877
cool.
didnt say superman intelligence tho.

that atoms n shit sounds pretty hardcore tho.
do any comics go into depth with the science / physics type stuff??

i only ever saw the trailer for dr strange. i feel like that would go pretty in depth since the hero is a doctor an all
>>
>>734314600
>/co/
>>
>>734317027
Nah, dr.strange was more the stereotypical "I'm a man of science and there has to be a logical explanation for this magic bullshit", then proceeds to participate in magic bullshit
>>
>>734318040
so its not good?
that sucks im really into that type of sciency shit.
>>
>>734314841
>http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Punisher-Frank-Castle-MAX

Cool man, thanks.

To the faggot: Watchmen, allthough not part of any universe but their own, are fucking excellent and it is also a 10/10 rundown on superheroe psyces.
>>
>>734318373
> also a 10/10 rundown on superheroe psyces.
seems like good info before diving into other comics.

can i just walking into a comic store and find all these there?
>>
>>734318575
I've read my shit on google play the last few years if you like me are into paying for stuff.
>>
>>734318745
i just like physical copies of things i read.
>>
>>734318829
If they don't have it they'll get it for you Watchmen is a true classic and it is just one big book (like a miniseries of 12 or something).
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.