[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to the world of tabletop RPG's. But I don't

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (428KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428KB, 1600x1200px
I'm new to the world of tabletop RPG's. But I don't have any friends. Is it possible to run a certain campaigns solo?
>>
Lol loser. Get some friends.
>>
I mean...

You could put monsters in front of yourself, then roll dice and earnestly try to win while controlling both sides.

But... You lose a lot of the adventure doing that. You get none of the intrigue or anything narratively interesting.

Do yourself a favour, browse LFG threads on /tg/ and/or find a game to join on Roll 20.
>>
I was in the same position.
I just assumed the roles of several players at once

it's still pretty fun
>>
>>734284786
>possible to run...solo

Kill yourself
>>
>>734284786
download an app named MeetUp and browse your area for boardgame groups and join up, that would be an easy way to meet new friends for table top stuff
>>
File: 1493784711325.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
1493784711325.png
96KB, 394x294px
>>734284786
roll20 is a website where you can play over instant messenger and Skype. table top simulator is also a fun option.

but yes, there are some games that have enemies run off of AI decks or systems.

>>>/tg/ is full of general threads that have lots of info in the first post, kinda like as a sticky. Just try to lurk for a bit, and post in the general thread and not a new thread.
>>
>>734284786
fuck bro, you got friends man you just haven't met em yet.

they still have games workshops and all that shit? either way find a group of like minded individuals, feel bad for you OP
>>
>>734284786
Try Roll20
Or go to your LEGS and find friends there to play with.
>>
>>734284786
Choose your own adventure books.
>>
>>>/tg/ is probably the board you want
>>
File: 99999996.jpg (107KB, 1054x784px) Image search: [Google]
99999996.jpg
107KB, 1054x784px
>>734284786
It's true watches at $ 0?.
>>
>>734284786
This thread is depressing. Seriously man, right in the feels.
>>
>>734284786
>Is it possible to run a certain campaigns solo?
A sad frog image

As a kid I used to do just this with an obscure CCG. Do what the others said and lfg online.
>>
>>734284786
Where do you live? State/city. I'm 100% positive faggots here would come over just to play with you. Myself included.
>>
>>734284786
if you make heavy use of the random tables and use a random npc generator you can make chance your GM
but the game would just be a hack and slash with very little role play

that said
use meetup to look for a group and go to your local gaming stores and check out their notice boards
>>
>>734285569
Don't forget the brownies
>>
>>734285569
...aawww shucks! Thanks. I live in Richmond, Ca.
>>
/tg/ and roll20 are your friends. Just put in the effort, and you'll find people to play with.
>>
Gonna start DMing soon, any tips?
>>
File: 364b74665b4c4e0de5d59a93b777dcd3.jpg (500KB, 1280x2000px) Image search: [Google]
364b74665b4c4e0de5d59a93b777dcd3.jpg
500KB, 1280x2000px
>>734284786
OP, play these instead. The fighting fantasy choose your adventure series. Its a one man game where you roll dice and shit.
>>
Find universities near you with board game clubs and sign up. They generally take non student members.

I joined a dnd group for the first time this year through the club at my uni. It's been good.
>>
>>734286133
you need a good balance of letting the players do what they want and railroading
just letting the players do w/e and get away with it quickly becomes boring for everyone and completely nonsensical
railroading the players to follow your plotline and nothing else takes away the sense that the decisions they make are pointless

also, make sure you are familiar with all the rules
you don't need to know them by heart
but knowing where to look for the odd ball (teleporting a fighter with stoneskin active over a dragon to drop him on the dragon) situations that should occasionally crop up in a healthy game should makes the experience better for everyone
>>
>>734286857
>pointless
>meaningful
ffs I gotta stop editing things half way through typing them
>>
>>734286133
Always ALWAYS remember to make things interesting.

Don't:
>orc guard appears
>DM: "an orc guard appears in front of you, roll initiative"

Do:
>orc guard appears
>DM: "Heavy steps echo in the room, a foul stench starts polluting the air, and soon you see a big, green humanoid... thing. His big body is covered in muscles and scars, his eyes glimmer with rage as his hands quickly go for his axe. There's no time for diplomacy, roll initiative!"

Don't:
>player hits orc guard for 10 damage
>DM: "you hit him, dealing 10 damage"

Do:
>player hits orc guard for 10 damage
>DM: "Your sword finds its mark, cutting into the orc's shoulder. Dark blood splatters as he wails in pain!"

Obviously, don't be overdramatic all the time, but try to make an effort do go beyond simply describing what's going on.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.