[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how long would we survive if the sun would collapse into a black hole?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 12

File: black hole.png (88KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
black hole.png
88KB, 220x176px
how long would we survive if the sun would collapse into a black hole?
>>
a few days
>>
>>734123407
Our sun isn't even remotely close to the size of star needed to form a black hole.
>>
>>734123777
let's just assume it magically would
>>
>>734123777
/thread
OP can't even science
>>
>>734123407
It is below the required mass. In any event we are fucked rhe moment it uses up enough fuel to become a red giant.
>>
>>734123822
Well if it were magically turned into a black hole we would enter a permanent ice age. How long until we freeze and starve to death with no sunlight? A decade or two.
>>
>>734123407
Suns light takes like 12 minutes to reach us. No light = frozen earth very quickly
>>
>>734123407
if the sun turned into a black hole of 1 solar mass the orbits of planets etc. would not change. as long as the mass remains the same the gravity felt by planets won't be impacted so nothing will get thrown out of orbit.

however the sky would go black, plants would die etc maybe a small set of humans would survive
>>
>>734124188
Nah the atmosphere and oceans will ensure a slower cooling process plus we have nuclear plants and shelters. We'd get by for 20-30 years
>>
>>734123407
IF the sun were to be turned into a black hole, the gravitation pull of it would be the same. The rotation of the Earth around the black hole wouldn't change from that of the Sun.

The major problem would be the heat lost. The dark side of the Earth cools about 20-30F at night without the heat of the Sun. You could expect a similar cooling each 12 hours or so. This means the Earth would freeze within a day or so. People could try to stay warm by burning large amounts of fuel, but it would be a losing battle.
>>
>>734124188
What if we go away from the sun at 12 minutes per hour and stay in the warm?
>>
>>734123407
They give off insane amounts of radiaton, but we wouldn't even live to see it. A star collapsing into a black hole would go supernova first, and that would be game over. We'd all be dead before we knew what hit us.
>>
>>734123777
Assuming for now that it was right size? Instantaneous, a star must first implode, then explode then implode again. .
>>
>>734124217
>no sun
>small set of humans would survive
>>734124311
>We'd get by for 20-30 years
>no sun
kek
>>
>>734123407
Until we died from the cold.
>>
>>734124482
No because it will be night half of the time.
>>
>>734124311
yeah we won't instantly freeze. but the atmospheric effects would be tremendous. a lack of sunlight would dramatically alter the patterns of trade winds etc due to a lack of convection. rainforests would die out completely and there would be no global carbon store.

>>734124658
i'm talking a small population living in a self sustained habitat, it's definitely possible on a very small scale
>>
Microorganisms performing chemosynthesis near hydrothermal vents would survive indefinitely
>>
If the sun would turn into a black hole the gravity would increase to the level of stretching time so we would last both 1 second and forever
>>
We would move underground.
>>
>>734124524
Actually, some convert to black holes without the suprnova. They're called Unnovas. They need to be a certain size, rotation, etc. There's been a recent unnova. I'm trying to find the information on it.
>>
>>734124482
It's 8 minutes per hour normie
>>
>>734124658
Nuclear power plants produce electricity amd hot water, they can support medium sized cities with ease.

We have a fuckload of canned food.

Earth will cool down gradually.
>>
>>734124311
>20-30 years
without plants, frozen oceans and no animals... Where the food came from for 30 yeas???
>>
File: kektus.jpg (20KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
kektus.jpg
20KB, 600x408px
>>734124902
kek
>equal mass
>way higher gravity
>>
>>734124816
Oh shit i forgot about air. We can open packages of Lays for extra air.
>>
>>734125077
Here's the article:
http://www upi com/Science_News/2017/05/25/Astronomers-witness-stars-death-birth-of-new-black-hole/5811495736267/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1736664x84899
>>
File: 1496068996553.jpg (72KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
1496068996553.jpg
72KB, 750x722px
>>734125310
>We can open packages of Lays for extra air.
kek
>>
>>734124902
you watch too much interstellar you cunt
>>
>>734123407
Probably only a few hours
>>
I havent seen the sun in 20 years and Im fine
>>
>>734124173
if our sun turned into a black hole our solar system would disappear almost instantly
>>
>>734125077
Even still, wouldn't you think we'd die from the radiation exposure long before we'd freeze? Hard x-rays and gamma radiation would partially be absorbed by the ozone layer, but I don't think it would be enough.
>>
>>734125581
A sun sized black hole wouldn't kill us with gravity.
>>
>>734125581
Fuck me you're thick, all the planets would continue to circle the new blackhole exactly as they do now. The mass of the black hole is identical to that of the sun, even if it were higher the orbits would not be significantly effected.

Why not kill yourself?
>>
>>734125581
black holes aren't magic vacuums like in sci-fi mate a black hole with the mass of the sun can be orbited just like the sun

>>734125648
black holes only release radiation from heating up gas etc. that orbits it. it doesn't release radiation from nowhere. there isn't much mass in our solar system compared to the black hole at the middle of the milky way releasing loads of x-rays.

the earth wouldn't freeze instantly heat would be retained for a while in the atmosphere and oceans and land. we would die over a year or two probably.
>>
>>734123407
>>
Most plants & animals would die off quickly & the cold would preserve their flesh. After eating those, humans would start eating each other till a sustainable population of a few million emerged. These could go on using nuclear power & the remain fossil reserves
>>
>>734125993
where would we get oxygen from with no plants to support a few million? literally every plant on earth would die. the place would be barren. the atmosphere would freeze and fall to earth. the oceans would freeze over. how would nuclear power plants work when the temperature is -100 degrees celsius? how can you mine for fossil fuels in a frozen ground the oil would be frozen solid
>>
>>734125993
>using nuclear power & the remaining fossil reserves for food production.
>>
>>734126243
biodomes powered by nuclear reactors could grow plants
>>
>>734125581
Yeah nope. Too much scifi-movies. The mass of the black hole is the same as the mass of the object that turned into one. It's just a lot, A LOT more dense. Just like your head. You dense motherfucker.

Also, since OP must assume Sun just magically turns into a black hole (not going thru red giant phase which would eat our planet) the answer is we'd freeze to death. So a couple of months at best. /thread
>>
>>734125101
Yeah that guy he was replying to said 12
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (70KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
70KB, 413x395px
>>734125310
Well played anon
>>
>>734126392
how the fuck are we going to build biodomes in the mass panic that has ensued? you think we will just go to IKEA and get a flatpack biodome? where will we get the materials from? anyone who isn't inside a biodome before the sun turns into a black hole will freeze to death
>>
>>734123407
We'd be dead long before then.

A black hole within several light years could fuck the orbits of the planets up long before it suck anything in.
>>
>>734125860
holy cringe
>>
>>734126718
stop baiting anyone who knows anything about physics
>>
>>734124902
It would be the same mass, so we'd experience the same time dilation around the sun that we already do.

It's not zero, but it's barely noticeable. The sun's not massive enough and we're not deep enough in the gravity well either. We'd have to be approaching the event horizon for significant time dilation to occur.

>>734125514
The black hole in Interstellar stretches time that much due to both the fact that it's supermassive and that it's spinning at near the speed of light. There's some scientific basis for that increasing how much it warps space-time and potentially allow you to go beyond the event horizon without dying, although in reality you'd still ultimately be crushed in the singularity without the Tesseract to save you. It kind of makes sense because the beings needed them to be able to glimpse a singularity without dying, and that was the only possible way to do it (with the extreme time dilation being an unintended yet unavoidable consequence of such a black hole).
>>
>>734126692
Its possible for the human race to survive, is my point. No guarantee off course.
>>
>>734126829
be quiet you fucking nigger don't use interstellar as a source how autistic can you be
>>
File: bh.jpg (5KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
bh.jpg
5KB, 267x189px
wow.... such an interesting topic...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4GFAjX62Yg
>>
>>734127073
I'm not, since it doesn't really have anything to do with this question.

They don't really ever explain that shit in Interstellar (besides off-hand mentioning that the black hole is "spinning") so technically I'm not using the movie as a source at all. I just thought it was interesting to use "real" science to justify some events in a movie. It wasn't all complete bullshit. There's more wrong with the way space travel works in the movie and various other inconsistencies and plot devices than with the physics of it.
>>
That was the #1 reason why I hated interstellar so much. Infinite universe worth of planets/galaxies but nah, let's go explore the planets orbiting a black hole...

Fuck that movie and fuck that blue bearded "chip" they called in for help keeping the physics "real"
>>
>>734123822
How large is the black hole? Because that would make a difference on what would happen and how fast it would happen
>>
>>734127384
The beings led them to a place where they could view a singularity without dying. The only place they could do that is a black hole with very specific properties which would be incredibly rare. So the wormhole took them to that one place. This made sense to me.
>>
>>734127420
the same mass as the sun you bellend, no orbits would change, at all.
>>
>>734127420
how, :big, is the universe
what is the object that contains the universe, called?
>>
>>734127420
It would still be the mass of the sun, just have its volume reduced to the point that it becomes a black hole (which it wouldn't otherwise).
>>
>>734127384
The science/physics in that movie were bullshit anyways, if the gravity on the water planet was really strong enough to make waves hundreds of feet high it would have wreaked havoc with the internal organs and fluids of any human landing there.
>>
We just need to travel 18 minutes per hour
>>
>>734127611
How about forget the singularity and just go find a new habitable planet?

Oh right, but then Matthew M couldn't mess around with the kids bookshelf.
>>
File: 1306099046515.jpg (51KB, 358x453px) Image search: [Google]
1306099046515.jpg
51KB, 358x453px
>>734123407
Well temperatures would drop, but with earth's internal heat we could live underground. The biggest problem would be the lack of sunlight. With enough powerful artificial lights we might grow enough vegetation to sustain an entire food chain. Using nuclear powerplants and/or geothermal plants i'd say that with our current technology and with some preparation it could actually be liveable
>>
>>734123407
7 minutes
>>
>>734127862
The water planet's gravity wasn't that high. They said it was just slightly higher than Earth's. It's tidal forces from the black hole that caused the waves. They wouldn't necessarily feel that, just like we don't feel the tidal forces of the moon.
>>
>>734128162
If they didn't, they wouldn't be able to save humanity. The being's goal was to both find a habitable planets and to save humanity. That system included the means to do both. It was clearly specifically chosen by the beings, the crew didn't really have a choice over where the wormhole led them. They just had to do what they could with what was found there, and they didn't have all the information.
>>
>>734128179
This more or less

It won't though. Not big enough. It'll grow in size and shed it's layers.
>>
>>734128166
You ocean-going bell-end.
>>
>>734123905
Can you explain the process dear Anon? I know I should google/wikipedia it but I thought a more personal explanation by another human being will help me understand the rough idea behind it.
>>
>>734128543
We wouldn't die as soon as the sun went dark. Like others said, the Earth would retain its heat for a while because heat isn't lost to space very quickly.

It would be a matter of years before the surface becomes completely inhospitable, though we could still find means to survive. The main problem is how many other things would die which would severely reduce our food sources. And with all plants dead, there won't be anything to replenish the oxygen. That's the kind of stuff that'll kill us, possibly before the cold does.
>>
>>734128859
Behind the formation of a black hole, or a red giant?
>>
>>734123407
https://what-if.xkcd.com/49/
This effectively answers the question. It refers to the sun just "switching off", rather than turning to a black hole, but it's functionally the same situation.
>>
>>734129006
About what you said regarding red giant. Why would the sun become a red giant?
>>
>>734128970
There's too much stacked for it to not collapse, discomfort leads to comfort and people struggling will struggle in equal measure against each other. The few who remain will be to far in between and after that you get stuck with the garden of eden and a perfect garden. How long would life survive if it was lived? Fuck the sun, time can suck a dick too. It would be a matter of weeks before there wasn't enough room for you on the surface or below it.
>>
>>734125648
black holes emit gamma rays when some of the gas they consume gets sped up to near light speed. the vortex emits the gamma rays out of the poles of the black hole. if the sun's rotation stayed the same, the gamma rays would be perpendicular to the Earth, and it would require a lot of gas in the general area of the Sun which there really isn't much.

i'm not an astrophysicist, so i could be wrong.
>>
>>734128423
Ok well then these "beings" as you call them are fucking retarded. Wormhole directly to a system that has an Earthlike planet but no black hole...

But then Matthew couldn't play with the books and that whole useless whaaa whaa muh daddy part of the movie wouldn't be there to bore us to death.
>>
>>734129628
It would've been impossible to save the people on Earth without the information the singularity inside the special black hole provided. They wanted to save the people on Earth too, I guess.
>>
>>734129272
It's kind of hard to explain. When a star goes late into its life cycle, it's depleted most of its hydrogen fuel and the core starts to collapse due to gravity, without the outward force of the energy produced by nuclear fusion. In stars like the sun, some previously inaccessible hydrogen is pushed out by this process and start to burn again, but only in the outer shell, which causes it to expand. It burns at a lower temperature, which is what makes it red, but it gets huge.

Eventually these "shells" are shed out in layers, and then all that's left is the core, which starts out as a white dwarf and then slowly cools into a black dwarf, where it no longer gives off any light and is just a lump in space.

Most stars go through this process, though massive ones can go into supernova, and the most massive end up becoming black holes after the supernova.
>>
>>734124482
>12 minutes per hour
Kek
>>
>>734123407

Man with the amount of filth going on in b when I saw this I knew at least there is one place that hasn't been tarnished yet, and that's space. It's too bad society doesn't push for it as much anymore.

maybe I should take astronomy this fall?
>>
File: tumblr_oebsfu6kLB1v68e5do1_1280.jpg (302KB, 1280x928px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oebsfu6kLB1v68e5do1_1280.jpg
302KB, 1280x928px
We would just travel 8 minutes per hour to stay on the warm side
>>
>>734130248
First of all, thank you for the detailed explanation. I appreciate your time and effort.

So the sun will become so big, it'll consume us? Is that what you mean? Or you mean we will eventually die from lack of heat source that comes from the sun?
>>
>>734123407
Same mass, smaller space. Our orbit would change a bit and so would tides, but not greatly. Life would almost completely collapse, though. No plants, etc...
>>
>>734131351
The sun is expected to engulf most of the inner planets where it goes red giant. But even if it doesn't, it'll get so hot that Earth will be turned into a cinder.

And then, when that period is over and the sun is just the cooling remains of its former core, Earth's cinder will freeze.

When the sun dies, we die.
>>
>>734127691
ur moms cunt
>>
>>734132332
Alright I got it. Thanks again dear Anon.
>>
We are already dead. We have been in a simulation ever since the first particle of antimatter formed in the Large Hadron Collider, years ago.
>>
>>734132332
The irony here, is that the expanding sun will be much cooler than it is now when it either engulfs or scorches the fuck out of Earth.

Anthropogenic CO2 aside, Global Warming from a cooling sun is what's going to eventually rek us in the end.
>>
5:21
>>
>>734123407
You can orbit a black hole just like a star so the planet would probably keep going around but the gravitational forces might fuck the tectonics up.

The real issue is that the world would freeze in just a few hours with no heat and the people with bomb shelters and stuff might last a few months but there is no coming back from no sun it's pretty much dunzo to humans
>>
>>734123407
Actually we could move to Europa and the massive amount of heat given off by the heat would create a sustainable environment, so it would actually be more beneficial than the way the sun is actually gonna die
>>
>>734123407
And the earth wouldn't even die because of getting sucked in, because it's prolly outside the event horizon
>>
>>734133224
Well, the red giant is in fact hotter, but mainly because it's so big. It has greater overall luminosity and because it's expanding it also gets closer, so the sunlight that hits us will be much hotter than it is now.

In fact, the sun's temperature always gradually increases. The more the fuel is depleted, the hotter it burns and the faster it burns more fuel.

This is over the course of about 5 billion years, mind you. This doesn't account for the affects of climate change.
>>
>>734124524
Not if we go to Europa
>>
File: anal_hole_panties_2.jpg (32KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
anal_hole_panties_2.jpg
32KB, 620x412px
>>
>>734133410
It would be a matter of hours for there be to be a noticeable change in temperature globally, but then it plateaus for a while. With direct sunlight gone, the Earth is immediately colder, but it'll hold its ambient temperature for years. In a couple decades the surface will be completely inhospitable, but that's much slower than near instantly.

Of course, plants will die very quickly so the basis of the food chain collapses almost immediately. Life becomes unsustainable barring unlikely scenarios.
>>
>>734125117
Soilent green
>>
>>734126243
No it would actually be incredibly warm and blacks holes give off radiation that might be able to sustain photosynthesis
>>
>>734123407
Why not a White Hole? You some kind of racist?
>>
>>734133856
I'm pretty sure that global temperatures drop below freezing within a day everywhere so even if it retains some heat most animals and plants would die in the first days
>>
>>734124173
>A decade or two
I'll bet on "cold war" in the first 5 yrs, but yeah a small population could survive in a bunker, except it might turn into ep 2 of black mirror in order to retain electrical goods.
>>
File: 1e08f0358486f17ec04607af6ae1c562.jpg (168KB, 918x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1e08f0358486f17ec04607af6ae1c562.jpg
168KB, 918x1000px
>>734134011
Because Black Holes naturally ruin everything.
>>
>>734134054
True, but it wouldn't be impossible to humans for live on the surface for a while still. They would be temperatures we could adapt to for a decent while. Of course, it'll gradually get colder and colder...
>>
>>734123407
About 75 years on average, our sun isn't large enough to become a black hole.
>>
>>734123407
When we enter the black hole we don'\t see nothing for a few minutes as we travel on and on we see a few horny intergalactic shamans masturbating each other furiously cumming all along the tunnels so we keep on slipping through it as we go on in about 10 minutes if you look hard enough from far away you see the glow in the dark CIA niggers laughing at smiling at what we just did as we go on and on you realize there's this massive stink then in a blink of an eye innocently we slip out of your mother's gaped shit hole you can hear her moan then all of a sudden you're dropped with andy sixx's log of shit into the canal abyss.
>>
>>734123407
our sun isnt big enough faggot
>>
Never - you'd be turned into a string of particles and would die upon heading to the event horizon.
>>
>>734124424
To follow up on this,
I would guess it's lasts a bit longer, since once we hit freezing, the oceans will have a lot of heat to give up before they freeze out.

As the oceans freeze entirely (perhaps a week) the surface would gradually cool, with a few bumps. When CO2 starts freezing, we lose its benefit, and the cooling accelerates. When N2 drops out, air will be unbreathable, and cooling accelerates again. Underground shelters won't help much beyond this point.

Deep-sea organisms would survive the longest, but geothermal vents wouldn't be able to keep the whole ocean liquid. Possibly there would be enough heat from lunar tidal warming / geothermal sources to keep a very thin layer liquid near-indefinitely.

If there is life on Europa / Enceladus, it would probably never know about black hole sun- their source of heat is mostly non-solar.
>>
>>734123407
Oh less than a day.

The whole world would freeze without the sun's light.

source: I study astrophysics

I'll happily answer other questions if your interested
>>
>>734123407
Our sun is not powerful enough to induce a black hole i think, i might be wrong. But the thing going supernova would off us first. Unless we had a robust space based lifestyle where we could leave our solarsystem untill it settles.
>>
50 years tbh we could all just live underground we can go near the lava for warmth and have alot of canned food to eat use the lava to cook and the water underground to drink wash etc so maybe 50 years probably also it wouldnt be that cold since wind cant go underground
>>
>>734134416
Dude I'v always felt like that's what happens myself!
>>
>>734133454
Why go to Europa? An iceball Earth wouldn't be so different, and would overall still be more habitable for humans. Earth's oceans will similarly remain liquid under an ice shell due to geothermal energy and the ice also providing insulation. Not to mention that Earth will continue to provide its own magnetic field that will also protect us from radiation over the coming generations.

If we were able to be prepared, humans could potentially live for a very long time on Earth after the sun goes away, But the key word here is prepared. We'd need to have the shelters ready and already self-sustaining before shit goes down, because society and the natural ecosystem will almost immediately break down.

But we could harness geothermal energy for countless generations. It's not an infinite energy source, but it's certainly provide enough for us to continue as long as we've been around. But like I said, we have to already be prepared to harness it efficiently and sustainably before the event ever happens. Otherwise, we all die.
>>
>>734134706
>it wouldnt be that cold since wind cant go underground
The surface will eventually get so cold that the atmosphere condenses and freezes in the surface. We won't have to worry about wind. The surface will be exposed to the vacuum of space.
>>
File: 1471468699029.png (319KB, 1352x980px) Image search: [Google]
1471468699029.png
319KB, 1352x980px
>>734124482
>>
>>734134764
Europe would be frozen moron
>>
>>734134309
If temperatures remained in the 200K range, sure, we could survive a bit with extreme measures. But whatcha gonna do when the Ntrogen falls out?
>>
>>734134859
thats why we would survive underground of course cause we're not on the surface we're underground where the lava is and then its hot there
>>
>>734134416
fucking retard kek
>>
>>734134624
yh, the sun's core would have to be more than 8 solar masses to overcome neutron degeneracy pressure to become a stellar black hole
>>
>>734134920
I'm not saying we wouldn't all die. Just that it would take a while. We'd have a few years to watch everything fall apart and then freeze to death, as opposed to immediately freezing to death within a few hours.
>>
>>734126547
This is not true, black holes grow in mass
>>
>>734135284
if freezing is issue then why not go into space and go into sun's core where hot if sun is no more then the surface of the sun isnt hot which means we can go through it and go to the core which is very hot and bring plants for oxygen and food
>>
>>734134764
If we could get to Europa, we'd probably have better chances. Europa's "habitable" zone is maintained by tidal warming from Jupiter. Earth's current habitable zone is maintained largely by insolation. Would Earth retain a thin deep-ocean from Lunar tides & geothermal release? It's possible, but I've never seen that modeled, and I don't know how realistic it would be.
>>
File: 1459374291779.jpg (54KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1459374291779.jpg
54KB, 625x626px
>>734134904
>>
https://www.fiverr.com/activdesign/touch-mercury-metal-with-your-message-next-to-it?display_share=true&arrived_from_share_todo=true
>>
>>734135436
The sun is a black hole dumbass, now you're crushed in the singularity.
>>
>>734123777
Actually it is. Besides, black hole can have any mass.
>>734123407
Orbits wouldn't change, so we would slowly die due to the lack of sunlight. If majority of the population dies out quickly enough a small population could survive nearly indefinitely by synthesizing everything they need. Truly indefinitely if fusion reactors get invented by that time.
>>
>>734135184
>implying /b/'s degeneracy doesn't already exceed nucleonic degeneracy, and we're not already living in a singularity
>>
>>734135647

nope
>>
>>734134011
>>734134207

The big bang was a white hole
>>
>>734135707
>Besides, black hole can have any mass.
Technically that's true, but the mechanics to turn objects of a certain mass into a black hole are just not going to happen naturally. The sun isn't massive enough for that to happen. It takes stars like 8 times more massive to turn into black holes at the end of their life cycle.
>>
>>734135712
quality meme right there
>>
>>734135647
>>734135647
gravity != blackhole

black mans asshole = niggahole
>>
>>734123407

Dumb picture. They should just rename black holes to something else, because people who don't know shit see the name "hole" and assume shit. It's not a hole. It's an object just like anything else, except it just happens to be beyond a certain mass threshold where weird things happen with light and other things. It's not a fucking wormhole or whatever else you saw on TV.
>>
>>734136152
The picture depicts gravitational lensing around the event horizon. It's not that inaccurate in terms of how one would look up close (assuming it's not currently consuming another object).
>>
>>734136152
gravity are holes in spacetime

a blackhole, is an infinite hole in spacetime
>>
>>734136305
Not exactly, but sort of true. Black holes are gravity wells with no escape. The object itself is extremely small (or even infinitely small), but its influence in reality in three-dimensional, so the event horizon is three-dimensional as well, making it a sphere as opposed to the 2-dimensional black hole you often see depicted in fiction. Imagining them as actual holes in space time is an expression of their function in two dimensions, because it's harder to picture in three dimensions.
>>
>>734123407

few seconds.
>>
They ain't real.
>>
>>734129628
>>734129864
I thought that, additionally, that particular black hole provided the proper 'environment' for the beings to 'implant' the transdimentional tesseract, probably because of how the laws of physics 'break down' inside them.
>>
>>734136857
Possibly. Inside the black hole is kind of beyond time and space, which suits their needs better because according to Cooper they can't find a specific place or time. Which means it would probably work inside any black hole, but it had to be one where the ones going in could survive the trip so they could actually use the Tesseract to send information outside the black hole (which would be otherwise impossible).
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.