[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Like it or not, David is now without a doubt the single most

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: noomi-rapace-david.jpg (40KB, 768x470px) Image search: [Google]
noomi-rapace-david.jpg
40KB, 768x470px
Like it or not, David is now without a doubt the single most important character across the Alien movies. He created the version of the Xenomorph we're familiar with, he created the egg and the facehugger, and he's somehow responsible for the Derelict landing on LV-426 carrying the eggs, which led to all the later Alien movies.

I honestly don't see how this is possible. The derelict they encounter on LV-426 was ancient, and David only "created" the xenomorph in 2104 AD. Alien takes place in 2122 AD. There just isn't enough time for the ship to crash and reach the fossilized condition it was found in.

I'm leaning towards the theory that the xenomorph (or I. Raptus) definitely predate David's machinations and that David managed to recreate a cousin of the xenomorph that we're familiar with. I think this is supported further by the fact that the life-cycle we were presented with in Covenant was markedly faster and distinctive from the one that exists in Alien through Alien 3 (chestbursters now occur within minutes of fertilization, chestbursters are omitted entirely in favor of fully developed, albeit miniature, xenomorphs, and the maturity cycle is unrealistically fast). If anything, the creature we see in Covenant was David's attempt to "improve" on the existing xenomorph formula, especially considering how much faster its life-cycle has become.
>>
>>734000769
Its all about the humans. His aliens are shit when they breed with inferior animals.
>>
>>734000769
Prometheus and Alien: Covenant are a reboot to the series that try to create a proper mythology to the xenomorphs.

The story will not line up perfectly with the older movies.

Xenomorphs are seen on earth in 1997, 2004 and 2007 which directly contradicts the story of Prometheus and Covenant.
>>
>>734000769
>David is now without a doubt the single most important character across the Alien movies
Weyland is still more important in all branches of the story.
>>
>>734000769
There is always the option that they redcon the fossilized part since back then they didnt thought of that backstory.
>>
>>734001609
>Xenomorphs are seen on earth in 1997, 2004 and 2007 which directly contradicts the story of Prometheus and Covenant.

If your talking about Alien vs. Predator they take place in a parallel universe to the Alien movies.
>>
>>734001955
Pro tip: The old alien franchise is also in a parallel universe because the new movies are a reboot.

Problem solved.
>>
>>734000769

H.R. Giger created all those things. All the new aliens movie does is retcon.

THis type of fan service retcon is just as embarrassing as the new starwars movies.
>>
>>734001609
alien vs predator is not canon
>>734002082
that solves the problem but it's a shitty way of dealing with it, i'd prefer some clever writing that ties it all together. Clever writing, not shit writing that ridley will deliver
>>
Ridley Scott is trying to tell this story about human inferiority and biblical parallels. He just cant make the movie he wants without it connecting to the billion dollar franchise he created 40 years ago. Hes stuck telling this new story in the confines of the alienverse. Im just straight up ignoring the alien connections tbh.
>>
>>734002100
I don't know. I liked the idea Prometheus put forward, that a species at the end of their existence tried to recreate life which lead both to us and the xenomorphs in wildly different circumstances.

Covenant throws all of that away by having that species still alive billions of years later and adds insult to injury with the most inept crew ever to be seen on film.

>We are just going to check it out
>Better take as many people in one shuttle as possible and no reason to scan the planet
>No need for environmental suits
>Quarantine? Whats that?
>>
>>734002415
>alien vs predator is not canon
The original movies are not canon either.
>>
>>734002082
>Pro tip: The old alien franchise is also in a parallel universe because the new movies are a reboot.
>Problem solved.

So why bother making the story match with the first Alien Film?
>>
>>734000769
Your theory is also supported by the mural on the ceiling of the "ampule room" in Prometheus. Those were clearly Giger-esque xenomorph forms. So they existed well before, and were quite ancient. I believe one of the characters said the Engineer temple had been sealed for over 2,000 years.

Maybe the Engineers revered and mythologized the pure form of the xeno as a godlike being and had been trying to recreate it with the black liquid. David is now following in their footsteps.
>>
>>734002415
How about this
>The Engineers are at least billions of years old
>They are known to have multiple ships with the evolutionary virus
>The Derelict on Acheron may not have anything to do with David
>>
>>734002636
>So why bother making the story match with the first Alien Film?
It doesn't match the first Alien film
>>
>>734002909
The Engineers were trying to recreate life as they knew it on other planets using the black liquid to take their DNA and let it evolve aggressively on that planet.

The xenomporph style creature keeps reappearing because it is the favored route of evolution using Engineer DNA.

Also, retcon for bucks.
>>
>>734001955
no they don't
>>
>>734003855
>>>734001955 (You)
>no they don't

Yes they do.
>>
Is Covenant making enough money to ensure Scott's continuation? I thought it had flaws but i love the series overall and hope Fox keeps making more. It would be weird years from now if there's nothing bridging Covenant and Alien(79).
>>
>>734005040
don't worry, they'll definitely keep shitting them out.
>>
File: 1234567899.png (15KB, 101x91px) Image search: [Google]
1234567899.png
15KB, 101x91px
>>734005141
The illuminati demands it
>>
File: 1484590815833.png (507KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
1484590815833.png
507KB, 452x452px
>>734000769
are we not going to mention the fact that David wiped out the entire race of engineers in one push of a button?
>>
>>734000769

I was quite excited when Prometheus got released, was thrilled when I saw the opening sacrificial scene...BUT

was quickly let down by how dumb the characters were ..
- taking off your space helmets on a newly discovered hostile planet just because the gas composition within a cave on the said hostile planet seems to match earth's

- walking over everything, stepping on everything, breaking every seal, and contaminating every single thing within the cave (spaceship)

-the geologist/geographer getting lost inside despite having super high tech gps flying balls

-the dumb biologist who thinks the first thing to do when encountering a seemingly alarmed space creature (the snake thing) is to touch it

etc

fucking dumb shit

Saw Alien Covenant recently, hoping that the stupidity will be taken care of - NO! It's still fuckin stupid..FUCK!
>>
>>734005889
Yea I understand this point. These people know how to pilot FUCKING SPACE MACHINES and use complicated technologies but can't seem to use common fucking sense when it comes to dealing with unknown shit.
>>
>>734005889
This was the straw that broke the camels back for me..
Like cosmonauts wouldn't havr GODDAMN RULES OF ENGAGEMENT FOR APPROACHING ALIEN LIFE
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.