[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does /b/ meditate daily?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: Meditate.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Meditate.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
How long does /b/ meditate daily?
>>
>>733913312
I have no idea what you're even supposed to do to meditate, but I'm sure I'd benefit from it because I'm a depressed and anxiety-ridden sperglord. Not at all though, to answer the question.
>>
World's biggest reframe, I love you
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 600x801px
>>733913312
~40m
>>
7 hours
>>
> meditate
it's called fapping
>>
>>733913312
Anyone have any links to some meditation practice vids? Also, I have ADD. Every time I try to meditate, I always end up thinking of fat European women with hairy vaginas.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 504x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 504x378px
>>733913400
>I have no idea what you're even supposed to do to
Welcome to the "I have no idea" club!

For most people, it involves sitting quietly for a bit, and focusing your thoughts on something different from your usual concerns.
>>
>>733914058
Like what? What are some suggested things to focus on?
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
>>733913971
I can look for some vids.... but there's not a lot you can learn visually. Possibly an audio track to guide you through it. I've never really found much in guided meditation though- with the exception of relaxation excercizes.

>>733914058
Generally you focus on one activity, or idea/thought/visualization. Activity is easiest. Buddhist and other easternfags often use breathing.

Breath meditation is deceptively simple. It's "easy" when you don't have a lot of shit on your mind, harder when you do.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 550x412px
>>733914351
First off, find a comfortable place to sit. It can be anywhere, but should be comfy. Lying down not as good because you might fall asleep.

If you can find a place without a lot of environmental clutter. Noises, distractable objects, smells, computers. It's also good to do some stretching. Semi-dark is good. Pitch black may make you fall asleep, etc.
>>
>>733914351
ok.

Rather than give you more shitty advice, I can go look up some links to less shitty advice. Good?
(Y/N)?
>>
>>733914977
I honestly wouldn't know the difference between good advice and shitty advice on this topic, but sure thing friendo, I'm curious.
>>
It's more than simply distracting yourself from your usual concerns. Find a comfortable place to sit where you'll experience the least amount of interruption. Fine a specific word or short phrase, sit quietly with your eyes closed and repeat the phrase in your kind. Focus on your breathing while doing this, but do not alter it, simply acknowledge it. Match your breathing with your phrase. Your mind will wander, but do not stop. Acknowledge that it happened, and continue repeating your phrase. Try it for about 5 minutes to start off with.
>>
>like dude chakras man
>meditation like opens your gateways man
fucking faggots
>>
>>733914854
Better is if you can find a group of other faggots to meditate with.

There are some excellent books- and some shorter stuff online. Most intro Buddhist/eastern meditation doesn't get into the religious figgotry much.

On the other side, videos of guided mediation will generally tell you shit that makes you feel better. Not *very* far removed from ASMR, if you're into that shit.
>>
>>733915425
No.
But it can help empty some of the mental junk from your trunk.
>>
>>733915622
>mental junk
>a real thing
It is called not being an emotional child
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 700x915px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 700x915px
Zen-style:

http://m.wikihow.com/Begin-Zen-Meditation-(Zazen)

Dont worry too much about steps 1-3. Being comfy and keeping your back straight are important.

Set a timer on your phone, or whatever. 15m is a good place to start.
>>
>>733913312
when ever i have time
>>
>>733915727
If you're not an emotional child, awesome!
However if you still find yourself triggered by this thread, you might not be as awesome as you think :3
>>
>>733916371
>pointing out the ridiculous nature of meditation is the same thing as being triggered
lel retard
>>
What difference do you see doing it daily?

I just find it boring after 5 mins especially to be doing it everyday
>>
Meditation is simply trying to extend your attention span.
>>
>>733917354
This was a response to
>>733916489
>>
File: image.jpg (396KB, 1265x1265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396KB, 1265x1265px
>>
>>733916580
I usually mediate 30min - 1hr daily every morning, it helps me by putting my mind in a relaxed state for the rest of the day.
It can seem boring at first, but that could be because you don't know what to meditate on.
Usually I focus on things I'm going through currently and try to come up with solutions and possible scenarios. I usually end my meditation session by focusing intently on fond memories (I imagine myself being an observer in those memories, filling the world with things I remember. If you focus intently and in quiet, you'll be surprised at how much you can actually remember)
Like others have mentioned before, it's good to stretch beforehand and try to get into lotus. It's more relaxing for me to sit in lotus, but if you feel it's "cliche", you can just sit anyway you want, but you must be relaxed.
>>
>>733918107
>Same poster
Also keep your back straight, can't stress this enough.
>>
I meditate in the mornings before I got to work, for 20 mins. Before I go to sleep, I put on binaural beats and meditate for 3 hours. This helps tremendously with my insomnia and anxiety, which leads to restful sleep.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.