[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions? Is cultural appropriation a load of bull or hypocritical

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: apropriation.png (448KB, 503x917px) Image search: [Google]
apropriation.png
448KB, 503x917px
Opinions? Is cultural appropriation a load of bull or hypocritical or what?
>>
It's fucking bullshit. I'm a liberal artsy fartsy faggot too, but this is some over the top, so-open-minded-their-brain-fell-out, college snowflake bullshit.
>>
>>733896398
niggers have never and will never have a "culture" they are animals that speak our language nothing more... case in point... the groilla in the San Fransisco zoo that knows sign language... if shes so smart why not let her go and give her a social security number and a drivers license? i'll tell you why not... CAUSE SHES JUST A FUCKING GORILLA!
>>
yes ...
>>
>>733896398
Search Results
ap·pro·pri·ate
adjective
adjective: appropriate

1. take (something) for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission.

Culture isn't property. If it is property, it's intellectual property that lies in the public domain, and cannot be stolen, because you already own it, collectively, with everyone else on the planet.

But, the next best thing to owning something is convincing everyone that you own, even thought you don't.

What I'm saying is, the Japanese are going to keep playing baseball, and I'm going to keep practicing kendo, and anyone who doesn't like it can go pound salt.
>>
>>733896398

it's a tool utilized by SJW movement
>>
>>733896398
there's no such thing.
>>
>>733896398
I dont know, what do you think about this video?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qLWFrkAjakE
>>
such bullshit. What about technical appropriation. No medicine for africans since they did contribute.
>>
>>733897551
agreed fuck niggers!
>>
File: bsq.png (1MB, 1440x700px) Image search: [Google]
bsq.png
1MB, 1440x700px
>>733897515
Not my style of music, but they are decent musician.

Am I supposed to be upset they are not Jamaican? Am I supposed to be upset if I see a black string quartet?
>>
>>733897515
A couple of white guys with dreadlocks in California decided to start a Bob Marley impersonation band and don the Jamaican flag and put on Jamaican accents despite not being Jamaican, or even black. Yeah it's a bit cringy, what's your point? Asian people "appropriate" White culture every time one picks up a violin.
>>
>>733897909
its more the white dudes with dreadlocks mimicing jamaican accents and think theyre rastas. not asking if youre upset or not, just what you think.

I dont care about a black string quartet because blacks have been used for our entertainment for a couple hundred years. string quartets dont typically write their own music. plus, assimilation =/= appropriation.
>>
>>733898048
I didnt have a point, I was just curious what you thought.
its clear that band is doing "cultural appropriation," I just wondered if it made you as uncomfortable as it made me.
>>
File: 1487872883246.jpg (108KB, 640x649px) Image search: [Google]
1487872883246.jpg
108KB, 640x649px
>>733896741
>>
>>733898279
I suppose it might make me feel a little uncomfortable that so many white people are getting less and less interested in their own cultural heritage and need to identify so strongly with someone else's. Makes me wonder if white culture even exists anymore. But that's not me giving a shit about whether or not this band pisses off any black people.
>>
File: 1367042456785.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1367042456785.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>733898160
You asked what I think. I answered the question. You don't like the answer, I've got some salt for you to pound if you don't have any of your own. I'll give it to you.

/salt's pretty cheap, just like these "cultural appropriation" arguments.
>>
I want to punch a whiney SJW in the face everytime I hear that phrase.
Fight for equality, acceptance, and inclusion, but then whine for segregated space, special priveleges, and isolation.
Fucking morons.
Right to the face...
>>
>>733898440
ok in the picture you've shown... osiris... who is blue.... several Etruscan examples who are Greek and Coptic... also the middle guy there is Hindu and that black Jesus is a recent painting.... and Buddha there top left is Asian.... your a fucking moron... read a book
>>
>>733898557
there wasnt an argument in my post, but ok, you can win anyways..
>>
File: 20448701.jpg (84KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
20448701.jpg
84KB, 400x300px
>>733898279
Not in the slightest. If guys playing music trigger you, then you're the problem, not the musicians. I'll let the people decide the worth of their music. If you don't like it, no one's making you listen. If you don't like seeing it, no one's making you watch.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.