[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a Christian? Lifelong atheist here converting

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0990.jpg (202KB, 961x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0990.jpg
202KB, 961x1280px
How do I become a Christian? Lifelong atheist here converting to religion because I need some guidance in my life. How do I practice it without all the church-going, fasting nonsense. I just want to do it privately.
>>
Look for online resources. A shit ton of people have realized church is the problem.

There's a good to read list out there. Start with The God Who is There by Shaffer.

My last bit of advice is to remember historical context is important for over half of it.
>>
>>733614088
fasting isn't nonsense you HAVE to do it to meet God.
also, just read the bible... the new testament
>>
>>733614386
Thanks
>>
>>733614088
>become a christian
>without nonsense
pick one
>>
>>733614088
Look into Apologetics. Lennox Lewis is good, so is Kent Hovind.
>>
>>733614088
You can tell yourself whatever lies you want in the privacy of your own home so... It really doesn't matter. Just talk to what ever god you want and pretend it talks back.

/Thread
>>
>>733614088
Best advice from somebody who follows good was once in the church but left do to hypocrites. Is to just read the new testament and decipher it in your own way.
>>
Convert to Islam instead brother. Don't listen to any crazies who tell you to jihad, and if you find someone like that at a local mosque, report them to the police immediately.

But as far as fellow Muslims go, trust me, you could NOT be in better hands, when I'm feeling down, I'll go the mosque, it's like a second home and all the people are super friendly. Made a lot of good friends there.

I used to think like the majority of /b/ and /pol/. As in "Muslims are terrorists, they will kill you bla bla bla", but I give it a chance and I don't regret it one bit.

Salam, may Allah guide you on the right path brother. Hey, Ramadan is coming up soon so if you need free food, head down to your local mosque and they'll hook you up, they usually host for the homeless and less fortunate too.
>>
>>733614906
>Manchester stadium attacker, a Muslim suicide bomber kills 21 people and injures 50 more
>religion of peace
I know not all Muslims are like that, but it doesn't look good on your part
>>
>>733614810
When, on the path to God, if the Buddha stands in your way - kill him and move on.

Forgive hypocrites and move on. Seems the hardest thing in the world for some people is to realize Jesus didn't invent hypocrites. Neither He nor His teachings are responsible for the hypocrites.

No more than the teachings of Nietzsche was responsible for the Nazis.
>>
>>733615071
How does it not look good on my part?

I condemn all actions of Islamic terrorism, and so does every other Muslim I know, I even said in my first post that if OP finds anyone advocating terrorism or terrorist groups, report them to the police asap.

Think what you like brother, Salam.
>>
>>733614498
This is not true at all
>>
>>733614088
Become Catholic, bro. It is the only true Christianity.
>>
>>733614498
No where in the Bible does it say you have to fast to meet god. Check your sources
>>
>>733615285
then you don't know many muslims.
>>
>>733615368
Whatever is in the Bible is true Christianity. Why is this so confusing to people?
>>
File: IMG_0416.png (197KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.png
197KB, 750x1334px
>>733614088
>>
File: 1493705659455.jpg (68KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1493705659455.jpg
68KB, 1024x577px
>>733614906

Kill yourself goatfucker. Muslims are soon dying like flies and the fucking kikes will be next.
>>
>>733614088
Just subscribe to the philosophy of don't be a dickhead and help others. That's the meat of near all religions. that gives you freedom to do what you like while also giving you the 'guidance' you want.
The 'God' concept is just there as an authority figure like parents to keep you in check but's it's you who is keeping yourself in check because no one controls you but you. Having a 'God' in your head isn't a simple fix because it's still the flawed human commanding it e.g. Muslim extremists blowing people up in the name of Allah. it can easily warped by your brain to suit its desires because it is the thing in control of all aspects of you because it is you.
>>
>>733615638
You do know Islam is the second biggest religion right? Almost 2 billion of them
>>
>implying you need religion to give yourself moral principles and guidelines
kek
>>
>>733615071
The acts of the few describe the other 2 billion then?
>>
Get your brain removed.

That'll do.
>>
>>733615744
\thread
>>
>>733614088
Christianity is bullshit they dont understand what trinity is. The only pure monotheism is Islam. Judaism is racist
>>
>>733614088
Don't become a Protestant because they are not real Christians and are all going to Hell
>>
>>733615285
Don't get me wrong, people are fucked up no matter what they believe. I think God should just destroy us all.

But the things Jesus said lead people to donate clothes, food, and money. Christians go on missions to help poor nignogs in fucking sub-saharan Africa.

The things Mohammed said lead people to blow up pre-teen girls at some stupid whore's concert.

Your God is weak and should not be worshipped.

You can say "not everyone" and I agree to some extent. Separate the people and the theology and the issue becomes clear.
>>
>>733615467
Who put together the Bible you dumbfuck? It was the Catholic Church
>>
Pick up a bible, and read the new testament.
>>
>>733614088
Same here bro. I consider myself spiritual but I sin too much to call myself christian. Despite that, I have learned to love Jesus after nearly 20 years of atheism.

What kind of made me change my mind was Yuri Bezmenov's lecture on ideological subversion. Basically, faith in a higher power makes a population immune to being subverted (on youtube btw).

The fact that it's christianity or Jesus, is just because it's what I related to the most. Go ahead, find your path.
>>
File: into_the_isocube_you_go.gif (2MB, 331x240px) Image search: [Google]
into_the_isocube_you_go.gif
2MB, 331x240px
>need guidance

It's not hard to not rape, kill, steal, or commit adultery you cuckold
>>
Unlike what Protestants believe conversion is a process that takes work, you also have to understand the basic fundamental teaching of both the Gospel and Church. There is a secret initiatory process if one is found to be serious about conversion and it is only after this process begin is one granted the Grace to work out one's Salvation
>>
>>733616285
Maybe he is seeking meaning, you fuckwit
>>
We muslims believe that God is not a man nor a woman. But u christians portray him as a man. The Vatican is full of drawings which isnt even allowed in Christianity. We muslims have beard like Jesus pray like Jesus get circumsized like Jesus(peace be upon him). Our women look like Maria with their cover. We fast like Jesus (pbuh) We believe that Jesus is not the son of God but he is a prophet. This is the method of God, sending prophets. Which makes more sense than God having a child. We believe that Maria gave a virgin birth to Jesus, but Jesus is a prophet. Inb4: no dont join isis
>>
>>733615285
As a white Christian who doesn't want to answer for Timothy McVeigh's sins or be lumped in with those people who protest soldiers funerals, I'm sorry your entire religion gets judged based solely on the assholes.

There's like a billion Muslims. Statistically, the radicals are a very small percentage.
>>
>>733615282
Buddha is already dead mate!
>>
File: ltvwx44sq1yy.jpg (31KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
ltvwx44sq1yy.jpg
31KB, 480x446px
>needs life guidance
>goes to religion for it

For fuck's sake, anon, grow a god damn brain.

Have you even tried looking into some literature or philosophy? Do some looking around before you lazily give away your intellectual honesty.
>>
>>733616787
Maybe he is seeking meaning to the existential question of life. Science certainly doesn't provide a fucking answer to that shit, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>733616285
There is no meaning to anything. Existence is just a series of stuff that happens because of consequence not because anything meant to do something.
>>
>>733617163
meant this guy
>>733616567
>>
>>733617163
How fucking edgy! Go fuck yourself, you shit-eating nihilist. I fucking hate nihilism with a passion.
>>
File: atheist.jpg (118KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
atheist.jpg
118KB, 413x310px
>>733614088

It is impossible to become Christian after declaring yourself to be Atheist. Sorry, too late.
>>
>>733617032
What is wrong with looking at philosophy when you have existential doubts?
The fact that there doesn't seem to be an objective meaning of life, doesn't have to be a bleak notion.
I just means you have to find something you find meaningful to fill your life with.
Personally I like doing stuff like cooking for the poor, making stuff with my hands and learning new skills.
if you want to dedicate your life to what happens after death, sure go ahead, but don't fool yourself into thinking it is a superior choice, it is just a choice like any other choice.
>>
File: 1492748047378.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492748047378.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
Look into Taoism or Hinduism, both are more ways of living life than religion. You don't even have to believe in a god to be a part of them. Read the Tao Te Ching or Bhagavad Gita, they will give you all the guidance you need
>>
>>733614088
Do you accept Jesus Chris as your Lord and Savior? Boom. Done. You are now a Christian and are saved. You literally never have to try at anything ever again
>>
>>733617302
what? No man it's the literal fact of everything. Not to take it as something bad because you are alive and can enjoy it while it lasts or you can be sad, depressed about it. those are the options.
I'm not a nihilist. whatever that is.
If you like your safe bubble or idea of thinking, cool. go with that. it doesn't matter
>>
>>733615734
Last I checked, 1.3 billion isn't almost 2 billion. You're about 700 million short faggot
>>
A lot of churches are good, most however are problematic sources of getting money.

Religion can be a great tool. It has a lot of good messages, don't fuck your neighbors wife, don't kill people, don't steal shit, don't lie. It's things anyone can get behind. Pick a religion right for you and your way of life and meditate on it. Really meditate whether it's sitting quietly chanting a mantra or praying to your deity. A hard thing to do is to not be shy about your religion. Go with the beliefs. Follow the rules you're choosing to adhere to. You don't have to go to church to be a Christian. Praying doesn't hurt anyone.
>>
Look into Buddhism as well or read a book on it, more about philosophy and mindfulness then believing in a god. You don't even need to class yourself as a buddhist neither.
>>
>>733617473
You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Philosophy is just as much as speculative bullshit as religion, in fact natural philosophy being axiomatic is just as much bullshit too. And how do you know there isn't a fucking objective meaning to life? Please fucking show me how you know this.
>>
File: 1478187631436s.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
1478187631436s.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
>>733618034
>>
>>733617032
No, moron, science doesn't. That's what PHILOSOPHY is for. Also, religion might give answers, but there's no good reason to believe any of them are correct.
>>
>>733615794
The teachings of the religion and the amount of people that act strictly on them sure gives a sobering look on how the religion works. Especially when you have a verse that states "to save the life of one man is to save the whole human race" and literally in the next verse says "Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment". It really doesn't look to good when you would put to death those who merely question your god.
>>
>>733614088
Just view the Bible as a moral guide book. Hell, any religious text. Take away names of gods and prophets, most say the same shit. Be moral, care for others, don't lie/cheat/steal/murder. That kinda stuff. I like to believe that if any of the religions are true, then it's how you live your life that matters, not what words you say or to whom.
>>
>>733618238
And there is no reason to believe the answers that philosophy including natural philosophy gives is correct either, dipshit
>>
>>733618034
I don't know it for certain, but I've not seen any actual evidence for life having an objective meaning other than survive and procreate.
I've seen no evidence of any gods being true or worthy of worship either.
I'm surviving pretty well and working on the procreation part, but aside from that I imbue the rest of my life with things that has meaning to me.
At least a philosopher will come at me from the standpoint of "This is what I've been able to reason towards so far" instead of the religious standpoint of "My grandpappy and his grandpappy before him believed in X deity, so I do too".
>>
>>733614498
If you're gonna be a Christian, you can't just pick which part of the bible to read. Christ himself endorsed the old testament.
>>
>>733618298
Or don't be a lazy faggot and seek out other moral philosophy and practice that's almost certainly leaps and bounds better than anything you'll find in any religious text...
>>
>>733618455
>I've not seen any actual evidence for life having an objective meaning other than survive and procreate
And there you go. You just fucking contradicted yourself, faggot
>>
>>733618401
"Natural philosophy", you mean science? Now I know you're a fucking moron. If you knew the first fucking thing about logic you'd know that science is the best possible means we have of discerning concrete objectivity within our epistemic limits; far greater than the consistently unreliable means people use to come to and defend religious belief.

Take your retarded religious ass to an observatory.
>>
>>733618578
Surviving and procreating only takes so long nowadays though anon, what do I do with the rest of my time?
I give it meaning with things that I see as meaningful.
>>
OP, I know you are faggot but I am going to give you some good advice that these other faggots including the fucking fedora neckbearded atheists won't give you. If you are going to become a Christian become a Gnostic Christian
>>
Instead of believing ins something you do not, why not just adopt Christian values and morals? I'm an atheist who was raised catholic and I've retained the morals I had growing up. No need to become an edgelord just because you've decided you don't believe in something.
>>
>>733618746
Eat, drink, be merry. Shit like that. Avoid and relieve suffering, increase pleasure....seems like there is a whole bunch of meaning to life to me.
>>
>>733618985
Same to me, but people call you a hedonist if you only spend your time on things you find pleasurable.
So I've started deriving pleasure from helping other people in some way or another. People can't give me shit for that, well they do, but I know I'm doing something that I consider of actual worth, so I don't really give a shit about the shit other people give me.
>>
>>733618710
How do we know that the universe we are living isn't just some sort of simulation, you dumb faggot
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.