[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does the concept of Insight=Insanity orginate from? Is

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: images (9).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Where does the concept of Insight=Insanity orginate from?

Is it true?

Can knowing too much break a person's mind?
>>
HP Lovecraft, IMHO
>>
>>733334528
Nigga please. He had to swipe the idea from someone. People used to get hung for suggesting the Earth was round.
>>
When you understand the true nature of reality, it is difficult to explain it to those who don't understand.

Imagine a nuclear engineer explaining a fission reactor to a farmer who dropped out in the third grade.
>>
it doesn't originate from anywhere, it just holds some element of truth

if you ever experienced temporary psychosis due to psychoactive materials, you would understand that the mind of a schizophrenic person is simultaneously full of the most beautiful and horrific imaginings
>>
>>733335583
Had 7.5g of shrooms on my first ever time.
I sat in a bathroom imagining in great details the very creation of the universe, and sailed through the blackness of space. I felt I learned something deep about our reality and perceptions I was taught before.
Ive tried so many times since that day to explain exactly what I saw, and what I learned, but I still can't to this day.
I've had shrooms once again after but it was nothing like that day, I've never done that quantity again, since it was a very long bad trip right after.
>>
File: f7335f40d25cbcbb063f79.jpg (17KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
f7335f40d25cbcbb063f79.jpg
17KB, 250x351px
>>733334797
>>
Many of the recognized geniuses in history were also at least partially insane.

Also, if you understand something that does not immediately make sense to others, it would be perceived as insanity to them.

Because the basic definition of insanity is believing that things that don't make sense - make sense.
>>
>>733335583
>schizophrenic
Another interesting topic. Tied in with hearing voices and split personality. When I think and process what I want to say, I mentally hear my voice. Would that be schizophrenic?
>>
>>733337188

No. You hear voices that aren't you. It should be a surprise. Funny thing though is that it totally is you, you're just not aware of those sounds formulating in your head like you usually are when just... thinking.
>>
>>733337188
I doubt it.
Unless you actively argue with yourself about what you want to say creating both sides of the argument in your head hearing different voices for each.
>>
>>733336784
Definition of insanity is repeating the same thing expecting different outcomes.
>>
>>733337369
I do tend to argue with myself but it's mostly what I want to say versus what's socially acceptable. Honestly why I hardly talk. Harsh truth or empty lies.
>>
>>733337369
I argue wth myself from time to time, and I hear it like two different sides, but it's the same voice
>>
File: 1056728.png (69KB, 700x788px) Image search: [Google]
1056728.png
69KB, 700x788px
>>733334233
Seems to be a very old fear going back as far as we record. The very first book in the Bible has the curse of the Tree of Knowledge, and there's the myth of Prometheus bringing misery to mankind by teaching us how to make fire.
>>
>>733338482
This guy gets it.
>>
>>733338198
Choose the lies 9/10 times. I do, and it's even what big salespeople and billionaires do all the time. Also learn to keep your answers short, but direct.
Following those simple rules will see you make friends and keep them with ease, while also making you seem smart and insightful.
They taught us lying is bad, but those who've made it do it every fucking day.
>>
>>733338482
You are fine, that is normal.
>>
>>733338620
>Tree of Knowledge
Never considered it going back that far. We're a fucking slave race, aren't we?
>>
>>733338678
I honestly rather be alone than be fake.
>>
>>733334233
Since unknowing releases a person from their body, knowing too much and they become fixated within. When you try and force your way out, it only makes the bindings tighter. Which can leads to being trapped within ones own mind without anyway of overcoming the forces of their own creation.
>>
>>733338678
You can't lie and also have the freedoms of an honest man
>>
>>733338620
Its not literal fire
>>
>>733336476
that's cause you didn't learn anything new at all
>>
>>733340077
Checked, Mr. Bond, it's figurative fire.
>>
>>733339749
So it's blind ignorance over knowledge? And those "fortunate" enough to understand are doomed to suffer?
Sounds about right.
>>
>>733340200
Its power and growth: the knowledge to organize the others and how to consume them.
>>
>>733336784
That kind of reminds me of Nietzsche. He said something like, "to be a great philosopher one must come up with an original idea; to come up with an original idea one must be ahead of their time; to be ahead of one's time is to be unappreciated."
Unappreciated/insane seems kind of similar in this sense. I get what you're saying.
>>
>>733340274
Knowledge begets knowledge, it will bounce you around until you've nothing left to rest on. That's when you're doomed. That's when you need other souls. The alternative is to give up your power and surrender
>>
>>733340516
Thanks for bringing Nietzsche into this, he's a high priest in these matters. I think that when it comes to new ideas, there's a line between acting out of hate or love, then there's doing whats true to yourself.
>>
>>733340200
oh lol I'm a newfag and didn't get what you meant by Mr Bond until now
>>
File: 1495164070455.jpg (77KB, 424x514px) Image search: [Google]
1495164070455.jpg
77KB, 424x514px
I've been on /b/ for 5 ish years now and I've never enjoyed reading a thread this much and legitimately agreeing with some of you bastards. Thanks anons for the great read.

I've always held the question of whether it was worth it to play stupid and just enjoy the day or actually speak what was on my mind. Most of the time it not being an opinion. I'm not sure if this is something that almost everyone experiences and it causes issues within ourselves and between others because two people had that exact thought process in a situation.

i'm also really high but fuck man, thinking about this shit sober is depressing.
>>
What's that smell? ... The sweet blood, oh, it sings to me. It's enough to make a man sick
>>
>>733339465
>>733339970

I agree with all 3.

Lying/deception is a powerful tool you can use to reach great heights and achieve amazing feats. But lie too much and you may start to deceive yourself in the process, and lose who you really are.

Learning when to lie and when to tell the truth is important so you don't become a pathological liar.
>>
>>733334233
Oedipus Rex
>>
>>733342367
/thread btw
>>
>>733342163
That's the point.
I'll tell you what I was told when I decided I wanted to make start making 6 figures.
"The man you are now, and the man you strive to become are two separate people, to reach your goals one will inevitably eat the other."
You can't be the man who makes a living honest and simple, and reach insane heights.
I started as a depressed art student before I started my changes, now I earn 6 figures as an advertiser, and believe me, never believe an advertiser.
>>
>>733341718
Yar to you as well sarr
I believe this to be the truest problem of our time, that minds(not the minds of people(of personas) when they form strong connections, whether a single brain or numerous, what truly matters is the assembly (neurons working in fixed/structured harmony(geometry) of thought within the brain. Its effectiveness is its ability to replicate, thus it then true, and perhaps even one day becomes real through some arbitrary means. The real is no matter to our brains, it is food, nutrients, to produce creations which are to be shared, hosted by others and to take flight as we do. Identification as a constant whole is our folly - thus our life depend on its stillness.
>>
>>733341718
Gotta kik? Wouldn't mind chatting.
>>
>>733342754
Yea exactly.
>>
File: 1430980518541.jpg (64KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1430980518541.jpg
64KB, 535x462px
>>733342754
>"I'm an advertiser"
>"believe me"
>"never believe an advertiser"
>>
>>733342163
Although the technique you refer to is worthy of mastery, I think the higher form is when you are speak the absolute truth and have others lie for you. I'm not sure what the formula is and I'm pretty clueless except for the part that I know people are willing to lie for what they believe to be absolutely true; even justifiably.
>>
>>733343276
Interesting point, yea I think something like that comes with having power and being in a position where you don't have to lie and put up a facade to uphold yourself / have others around you do what you used to.
>>
>>733343276
The highest form, friend, is to make your lies so intertwined with truth, that there is very little to give away that it was or a part of it was a lie.
Just be the nicest kindest soul around, while making near unbreakable lawyer level lies.
Few will ever try to doubt you.

>>733343103
Exactly.
>>
>>733334233
Yes you can know too much. Atheism is basically a result of our scientific inquiry into the universe around us. I suppose you can say it "breaks your mind" to know you are going to cease to exist for eternity, and it's not that far away. Not a nice thought that humanity is a result of the universe accidentally itself.
>>
I'm really enjoying this thread.

Also you guys should check out 48 Laws of power, a lot of stuff people have been mentioning is talked about in it. Amazing book to own.
>>
>>733342754
Its true. This method will only take one so far however, once again they must choose whether to be honest and simple or to continue to climb. The first great leap is always a surrender between you and yourself, the next is to eat the others. The underlining question is So what? And For what? Those who find an answer to those two questions are then 'free' to make war (20th century for example).
>>
>>733344128
>Those who find an answer to those two questions are then 'free' to make war (20th century for example).

Could you explain what you mean by this?
>>
File: 1495332321644.jpg (20KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1495332321644.jpg
20KB, 399x388px
>>733337188
>>733337325
>>733337369
You ever hear an earworm from a song? Hear the lyrics from the artist in your head? Would that not be a form of schizophrenic?
>>
>>733343708
To do so from a position shows little talent in my view. The man who was born a king, or the man who made himself King. To be the stranger who quickly becomes familiar, who then is trusted and followed is somebody who has much power between himself and others, but not between others and himself. To walk away..
>>
>>733342754
You are why the world is bad.
>>
>>733343751
Yes. Freedom. To not feel the weight of the honest man's duty, or the uncertainty of the proud liar. To speak and have others deal with the fallout, bouncing it around like a hot potato
>>
>>733344128
Saved.
Enlightening as fuck.
Im just not at the level to feel safe 'surrendering' even sometimes.

>>733344532
Not yet.
I was taught by a pretty vile person though.
I advertise green energy, while making other business owners huge cash.
So I give back my share.

>>733344755
It was hard at first, but honestly I think I'd still have depression if I didn't.
>>
>>733344188
We each as singular units only have so much, let us say blissful youth, or even *grace* if you know it. A good and happy life is when all you do, pours into this well of youth and it acts like a spring for all those dear to you. The alternative is to advance and find another means to necessitate life. And this path will make the well larger, while also draining it because you will need it more(much like ravaging the flower of a girl as a way of releasing the hardships(it will not look or feel the same) If somebody has a heart as hard and as cold as steel, and also have a mission and a position of great power, then the well I spoke of before can extend itself onto all those under them, giving new life to the conflict, and which often leads to war. For example: Stalin.
>>
>>733346166
Ah ok i get what you mean.Is it bad when it extends to others?
>>
>>733346166
The war can be both internal and external. But often those with knowledge of internal conflict are viewed as worthy leaders to their peers
>>
>>733346405
Only if you win. Then it was all necessary
>>
>>733346538
and it is for that reason that Stalin is still viewed in a positive light for some. Because of WW2 and if things had happened differently.
>>
>>733345247
I know what you mean first about depression and getting out. In my experience these things have a way of coming back, even if it takes years. And we can either run from it or grow. It should also be noted that when the Giver surrenders it is different from those who have Taken(even from themselves), which can go two ways, its unstable.
>>
>>733347720
If it comes back, this time around I'll be ready, I do shit nearly every single day to keep my mind firmly intact (though I smoke weed a little too often).
To be the giver and surrenderer is a sure way to go far, but for how long can anyone keep that up without it finally becoming too much weight to bear?
Although the same can be said about me and the shit I do I suppose, although it fast tracked me to where I've always dreamed of being, and is slowly pushing my heights even higher.
I just try to be a nice person, while doing what I do.
It's nature in the end, survival through camoflouge I suppose.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.