[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 17

File: 1489273472938.gif (485KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1489273472938.gif
485KB, 499x374px
Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?
>>
you will never know
>>
>>733271526
yes and no

when i was studying philosophy i read a line in which he stated the stupidest pig would rather be the smartest insect and that man would rather be the stupidest of the humans than the smartest pig. always stuck with me

but, there is something to be said about ignorance. i tend to constantly be learning and bc of my profession taking on difficult challenges that may be mentally stimulating but are fucking hard

i think there's something to be said about ignorance being bliss. i definitely have had moment where i wished i was dumb
>>
>>733271917
pig would rather be the stupidest pig than the smartest insect*

also the analogy didnt include insects, i dont remember what the lowest beast he chose to use was
>>
>>733271917
You're*
>>
>>733272061
where did i misuse "your"/"you're"?
>>
>>733271526
I couldnt say because ill obviously have a biast opinion about myself wether im intelligent or not, but id say yes it would be because it'd be annoying to be surrounded by 90% of people who you cant communicate intelligently but most "interlectualls" are snobby fedora wearing dicks anyway
>>
Y wud u axe dis
>>
>>733271917
I definitely agree that ignorance itself can be more convenient/easier. Obviously I don't mean it would be better for things such as book smarts, but overall knowledge and awareness instead.
>>
I constantly hear people saying I am intelligent, but sometimes intelligence is a burden indeed. Most of the time the others are talking about stupid things and my mind is thinking further, but I can't coment anything because it would be inappropiated and awkward. It's lonely and frustrating.
>>
>>733271526

In this society, yes.
>>
>>733272207
See heres my perfect example of a self claimed interlectuall fedora wearing dick
>>733272061
He cant help but compuslively try and correct everyone so he feels the smartest in the room or korean image board thread
>>
>>733272375
yea except if you read my post i didn't use "your" or "you're"

so he was correcting nothing (kinda makes me think he's a dumbass)-- >>733272061
>>
>>733271526
Yes, i have a dayjob and a business. I kerp myself busy with repairs and diy. Money rakes in. Having sex....doesnt happen. I cant say to a girl. "Sex time now" girls/relationships are seriously a different field. Theres a lot to know and unfortunately i focused on different fields. So i wont say its a down. Its just what field you specialize in. I didnt spec into that. Wasted points
>>
>>733272484
And now hes dissapeared into the night to correct another needy citizen
>hes not the hero we want
>but hes the one were stuck with
>>
>>733272849
he's the hero no one wants and apparently the one no one needs

or he is really that dumb
>>
File: 1494858723349.jpg (60KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494858723349.jpg
60KB, 462x600px
>>733272643
haha you're stuipid bro

social interaction isn't a trade off thing. you either can or you can't. i was very awkward when i was younger but after watching social interaction and trial/error i came out of that

also, now i've gone back to being an outward sociopath and ppl still like me. so sounds to me that youre just not that smart

where's your brain now?
>>
>>733271526
yup.
remember when you were a kid and the teacher would make random people from the class read parts of a text out loud, and there'd be kids there struggling to say a word, they'd be stuttering the whole time and a paragraph that'd take 3 minutes to read takes them 10? imagine that frustration with everyone you meet, that's what it's like to be highly intelligent.
then there's other downsides. people looking down on you because you're smart. people assuming you're a snob. people mocking the fact that you're smart. people judging your every move, waiting for the tiniest of fuck ups so they can mock you. people not wanting to be associated with you because you make them feel like they're thick as a brick. etc
>>
>>733272643
Well yea duh. Trial and error is necessary. What im saying is i never put in work there. Intellegence imo is knowing that trial and error pays off. Knowing the basic there. I rationalize. So to me, it should be simple. And yea learning it probably wouldnt be hard. But why learn all that when theres science to do! So many things are more interesting...but thats one thing i have interest in. My brain has failed me
>>
>>733271526
a burden

>blissfull are those of simple mind
>>
>>733271526
No. Being autistic is a burden tho
>>
File: 1489992031742.png (122KB, 320x253px) Image search: [Google]
1489992031742.png
122KB, 320x253px
>>733271526
Well if you think you're "highly intelligent" the major burden is you're an arrogant dickhead with no friends
>>
>>733274149
you're a dumbass. if youre intelligent enough you temper your wit around others
>>
It depends on who you spend your time around.
>>
>>733271526
Yes for me,
At least when you're living in the Philippines, fucking people shames smart ones.
>>
>>733273583
>imagine that frustration with everyone you meet, that's what it's like to be highly intelligent.

People who truly are intelligent find ways to surround themselves with other smart people.

Say we measure intelligence by IQ, and you got 100 - become a cop. 110 - become an office worker. 120 - become a manager. 130 - become an engineer. 140 - become a scientist. 150 - become a mathematician.

>people looking down on you because you're smart.

Nobody's going to look down on somebody because they're smart. They'll look down on you because you're a dork or you've got aspergers.
>>
>>733271526
you ask this to the wrong people. all the neckbeards here think they're smart and judge everyone else. Nobody is smart here, and intelligence isn't something that can be proven with a timestamp and tits
>>
RLLY MAKES U THINK
>>
Depends on if you are autistic or not.
Highly intelligent autistic people are like people with downsyndrome with a iq of 100+. They understand how socially limited they are.
I've known a woman with a iq of 137 that had a succesful life going for her. I guess it all depends on the gene pool luck.
>>
>>733274936
This
As a flipfag can confirm a culture of anti intellectualism does exist
>>
>>733276048
Kek wtf did I link to
>>
>>733276104
lmfao this is funnier than most shit on 4chan
>>
The trick to make your intelligence not a burden anymore is to toxicate your brain into a potato.
>>
>>733271526
I don't know and I don't care.
>>
>>733276372
I'll second this.
If I weren't high as fuck most of the time, I wouldn't be able to relate to the majority of the population around me.
No one wants to discuss topics of higher though, or even topics of importance.
Just gossip this, gossip that. Image image image.

Fuck, I hate people...
>>
>>733271526
Yes
>>
>>733276683
Yeah.....cause your on a whole other level.

Y'all bunch of kids who read a book while others were fucking pussy, in an effort to ask your personal shame you pretend to be smarter, I can't talk to others you can't fathom the depth of my genius type of bullshit.

Excuse me while I go fuck my girlfriend.
>>
File: 1494636032382.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1494636032382.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>733271917
>when I was studying philosophy

Lost me there m8.
>>
>>733271526
Depends on your other traits. Doesnt matter how smart you are if youre a sperglord that no one listens to
>>
>>733272375
Compulsively.
>>
>>733274287
and it's exhausting
>>
>>733276683
Surely you're just too intelligent, and not an autistic shitlord.
>>
>>733277075
lol

just noticed i forgot to say i was referencing aristostle. looks like were both a little retarded
>>
>>733276952
Compared to the average Joe in my general age range? Yes.

People who are willing to, say, even THINK of politics, are few and far between.
Let alone those who are willing to think for themselves, form their own opinions, and be able to articulate them, discuss them, and debate them, like a fucking adult.

Manchildren are aplenty in this day and age.
Good for you if you're getting laid too. It's beside my point.
As I'm more concerned with interacting on a deeper level than just, "current TV show? Current celeb gossip? Current hype?"
Fuck that. Talk to me like a person, like an adult.

>>733277199
More like, my head is on straight and most other's are not.
I see the world clearly, because I put in the effort to try and understand.
I don't make excuses. But rather, find solutions.

It's personality. Not intelligence. As we're all basically the same hardware wise.
My software is just better optimized.
>>
>>733271526
Its totally going to be a burden, get depressed in life because you see things how they clearly are.

Im not saying I am a super smart dude but i can see through everyone's bullshit
>>
>>733276683
To be honest I dont even feel the need to discuss anything anymore nowadays. It all just seems so pointless. I've noticed that all the retards are on social media websites, actively. So I keep my circle small and just do my job throughout the day. The best thing to do is surround yourself with people that have busy lives. It helps my inner competitive drive. It keeps me more busy. And the more busy I am the less I think. I dont use anything other than alcohol and weed btw.
>>
Nihilism.
>>
>>733271526
>>733271526
I dont feel qualified to weigh in on this topic. I'm really smart, but I'm also acoustic.
>>
>>733277328
You're an outcast. Unable to connect with your peers. That doesn't get you a ticket on the high horse. Maybe you should see a therapist.
>>
>>733277642
Doesn't matter if you snort coke or smoke crack.
I've known good people that do both.
As well as some really shitty ones.

Finding that small circle of good friends is also key.
I managed that when I was living in a small town.
Once I moved to the largest urban center in my country... holy fuck. Everyone is just so fucking retarded.
Obsessed with the most inane pointless bullshit.

The best part? I've had more meaningful conversations on /b/ and /pol/ than with any RL friends in the past decade....

Fuck humanity in general. When 4chin becomes the intellectual center of the world, we know we're doomed.
>>
>>733277642
Also, busy people dont have time to be depressed. Only people in welfare do. Or people living with "mom"
>>
>>733271526
You're not highly intelligent, if that's what you're implying.

You're a narcissistic idiot with no life experiences and no meaningful human relationships.

High intelligence IS the best indicator of success in life, but it's extremely rare.
>>
>>733277328

>Manchildren are aplenty in this day and age.

You write like a "manchild".

>I see the world clearly, because I put in the effort to try and understand.

You need to sort your priorities. Politics, philosophizing? Sure, go ahead. But spend some time collecting social experiences, learning how to make people laugh, how to get drunk and dance, how to seduce and fuck, how to achieve a stable, happy relationship.

If people around you seem dumb, it's because while you're obsessing over politics, they're having an all-around balanced life. If you seem dumb in their eyes, it's because while you may be above average at political discussion, you're still a retard at more important and valuable things.
>>
>>733277883
I know I'm an outcast. I've been that way from a very young age.
Which is why I've spent WAY more time pondering the inner workings of existence and human nature.

That doesn't make my views invalid though.
Nor does it mean I can't connect with my peers on any level.
As I've had really good, really close friends in my life.
The likes of which I'm willing to wager, most never have.
>>
>>733271526
How should I know?
>>
>>733277370
If you're not successful, you're not smart.

Plain and simple.
>>
>>733278108
I'm 30. I live and work with the public. I'm fine being social.
I just find most people to be beneath me based on their behavior and what they seem to think is important in life.
>>
>>733271917
If you think intelligence is a burden, you're an idiot who thinks waaay to highly of himself.
>>
>>733278132
I second this.
Having a high iq isn't a good indicator. There are people with high iq's living of welfare playing WoW all day.
>>
>>733278132
>if you don't fire the gun you don't really possess it
Did i read that correctly?
>>
>>733278188
>I live with the public

What does that even mean?
>>
>>733272328
While they're talking about their favourite TV shows and movies,you're thinking about Death Note and Naruto and how "deep" and "intelligent" the stories are. Truly. You are one intelligent person.
>>
>>733278401
I'm not a neckbeard locked up in mommy's basement.

You also seem to have cut out the "work" part.
>>
Its a burden if you don't have other skills. Intelligence does not guarantee financial or social success at all.

I know plenty of highly intelligent losers with a shitty job and no girlfriend. They maybe be smart when it comes to knowledge and things like mathematics, but they are basically retards when it comes to having real world skills.
>>
>>733278108
Damn he vanquished your ass in 1 post
>>
File: 1492042064052.png (2KB, 289x288px) Image search: [Google]
1492042064052.png
2KB, 289x288px
>>733278132
Going off of your definition of what being "successful" is???
>>
>>733278112
Nothing wrong with you anon. I'm the same way, pondering my existence and human nature. It's intriguing. Don't stop doing it. But at the same time, meet as many people in life as you can. They're not that smart? You don't click with them? That's alright, move on. You will weed them out naturally. But eventually, you'll come across someone that actually has substance to them. But don't change who you are as a person. When we reach a certain age, I believe that we are set in our way. The right people will come along in our lives too.
>>
>>733278366
>>733278615
Just by the fact that you both got so triggered by it, you're clearly showing your lack of touch with reality.

Get help, and stop pretending you're the center of the universe, and maybe you'll see why the world see you as nothing but stupid losers, not as "highly intelligent" individuals.
>>
>>733278509
>You also seem to have cut out the "work" part.

So what, they're independent propositions. But now I'm concerned about the work part too. By "I work with the public" I thought you meant you interacted with random people or at least customers, now I'm wondering whether you mean that you occasionally talk to your manager.

>I'm not a neckbeard locked up in mommy's basement.

So by "I live with the public" you mean that you occasionally go out? That's a hilarious way of phrasing it. Your friends/acquaintances are "the public" to you? Do you have any genuine friends (as opposed to "the public")?
>>
>>733278112
>I've spent WAY more time pondering the inner workings of existence and human nature.
you should read your own replies, because they sound like comic book guy from the simpsons.

>that doesn't make my views invalid though.
your views are always valid to you. that's how it works. No crazy person determines them self insane, they think their views are valid and fair.
>>
Of course it's an advantage, by the way
>>733271917
That has more to do with pride and social status than intelligence. You can switch the terms out, this used to be an interesting question that was often discussed in my country during the communist regime.

>Would you rather be the dumbest worker in the factory or the dumbest scientist in the laboratory?

It's safe to assume you'd be equally intelligent in both situations, but do you value other people's respect more than you value pushing the limits of your skills?
>>
>>733278313
ok time to roll you you dumb fuck. i didnt say it was a burden. i said ignorance is bliss. i also mentioned a line from aristotle where he said the dumbest man would rather be the dumbest man over the smartest pig. so i was clearly stating that i wouldnt give up my station and only noting that stupid ppl have a gift in their simplicity

so fuck you you dumb cunt. learn to read english you mongoloid gook
>>
>>733278543
Have you considered that maybe those "highly intelligent" losers are only "highly intelligent" because you aren't smart?

Intelligent people aren't losers at all. Intelligence almost makes them immune to failure.

Most people really think they're highly intelligent though, and that makes you believe intelligent people CAN be complete failures, but that's far from the truth, most people are complete idiots.
>>
>>733278764
I had those people of substance.
I moved away to a big city.
Weeding through the numbers is a bitch.
And while we do tend to get set in our ways from time to time, it takes a man of great willpower to break out of it and keep their life from stagnating.
Or a personality and drive that leads to others pushing your down a better path...
But that's even more rare than finding the good people.

>>733278903
I have about 50 clients for which I'm responsible for.
I talk with strangers all the fucking time, as they approach me on the street to inquire if I'll do work for them.
I'm sociable to any random fucker that stops to talk with me!
Lastly, yeah, my phrasing could have been better; or, you could have spent a few more moments pondering what I might have meant. Drawing your own logical conclusions instead of assuming, implying, and making me type another block of text.

>>733278969
>Valid viiews

Except I get plenty of outside confirmation from people I respect.
And not just people in my "social circle" or "age range".
>>
>>733279075
All I see is some weirdo crying because his ego was attacked.

Grow up kid, and stop acting like an idiot. Just because you are stupid you don't really have to behave like a stupid cunt all the time.
>>
>>733279182
>Except I get plenty of outside confirmation from people I respect.
And not just people in my "social circle" or "age range".

yeah, and the black lives matter people echo each other's thoughts in a loop. fuck off lol
>>
When i begin to ramble about metaphysical shit I have a friend that stops me, and lets me know im about to sound like a real smart retard, he is dumb as fuck but could sell hair gel to vin diesel, what is an intellectual person?
>>
I hate them fuckers who complain about intelligence being a burden when it's only their narcistic self pitty that drives them to say that stupid fucks have it so much easier since they don't worry so much. They do! I

And it's not intelligence that causes a burden but the social incompetence of taking decisions in life and the constant fear of fucking up. Grow guts Sissy!
>>
File: mfw.jpg (7KB, 214x205px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
7KB, 214x205px
>>733271526
It's amazing how easily offended the "highly intelligent" minds of 4chan get once you question their intelligence and point out that maybe they're not as smart as they think they are.

I wonder why people get so defensive when they're called out on their delusions about their own stupidity.

If you are reading this, and you actually think you're "smarter than most people" you need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>733271917
>Personifying a pig
Hilarious.
>>
>>733279497
Look to the comment without the (You) attached.
>50 clients
All good people, all adults that I respect.
Unlike the 60 year old broad I worked with a decade ago who was about as intelligent as a french fry.

And for the records, social media/social movement circle jerks are retarded. End of story.
Just like social media in general, is retarded.
Just like it's sad to see a guy go out for lunch with a girl, just to stare at his phone the whole time.

But nah, it's me who's the fucked up one here.
>>
>>733279561
You're an autistic idiot craving approval, he's an egomaniac.

You're both stupid.
>>
>>733271526
Eh, I think it's advantage so long as you know how to use your intelligence. It could easily be a burden though if you're not careful.

My problem is...

Where are all the smart women? The more women I meet, the more I'm starting to believe that the human female is just a body that has ass and titties with nothing meaningful to talk about. So many women are vapid with no substance. It's rare to meet one that makes me amazed at her intelligence. This has been the issue I've been dealing with for a while.
>>
>>733279788
Arent we all,
>>
The most comforting thing I have ever read on the subject was here a few months ago: No, but existentialism is a cancer.
>>
I don't consider myself to be highly intelligent. Many people who know me say they think I'm a genius, but I consider myself pretty average actually. However, I'll way in on this, because I am passionate about many different areas, and go strive to learn whatever I'm interested in. I taught myself Japanese and Korean, computer science, programming, I'm interested in physics, math, and science in general. For me sometimes it feels like I have too much in my had, and because my mind rushes to so many different things, it's hard for me to focus on any one. It actually has hindered my ability to accomplish anything meaningful in my life, while many of my peers know exactly what the want to do and they are able to easily go ahead and do it.

I would imagine a genius struggles with this far worse, and notice how many people with immeasurable genius (an IQ of 180+) often never make extraordinary accomplishments with their ability.

I would take the power of focus and concentration over genius any day.
>>
>>733279979
Its like they are afraid to give thier honest opinion about things, some women though are way smarter than one, like my ex.
>>
>>733280284
Oh snap yall some smart mutha fuckas, im proud
>>
>>733271526
Yes, definitely.
In many cases people with OCD are incredibly intelligent. I am an example of this. While being really smart is awesome the OCD that comes with it is the hardest burden I've ever had to bear. It tears my life apart in so many different ways. My brain, my biggest asset, is also my worse enemy. When it was at it's worse I was compulsing 8 to 10 hours a day, unable to leave my house. I've gone through two months of treatment and I'm better now, but I'm still struggling.
>>
>>733280139
Some people aren't, but they're so rare they're nearly non-existent, and since they're already occupying positions of power it's not like they have any time to associate with retards in the literal asshole of the internet.

It's amazing how people on 4chan /b/, of all places, would think of themselves as geniuses in any sense of the word.

It serves to show how out of touch with reality the average retards who posts here really are.
>>
>>733280540
Dayum that sucks, what did you compulse about?
>>
>>733280540
Same man. I am able to learn quite effectively, but it causes me to have ADHD like symptoms, which make it impossible to do anything. I hate it... Getting treatment though
>>
>>733280284
>Many people who know me say they think I'm a genius
Stopped reading here

Just because you're surrounded by idiots it doesn't mean you're smart.

Get down your high horse because your ego is stinking pretty bad.
>>
>>733279979
Nah anon women have a different perspective on things, but trust me when I say you can hold deep conversations with most of them. They're just like men, they have hopes, dreams, principles and thoughts, they just don't express it in the way we do.

If you're hanging out with me and we're talking about what it means to be fucking human, we could be honest with one another from the start. Your average woman will try to skip around this question, with a lot of idks and lots of suggesting things rather than spelling them out. And they live their whole life like this, avoiding a real confrontation of reality in exchange for passing thoughts and emotions. To force this 'confrontation' to happen you have to click with her and be able to understand the shit she's implying. That takes time and luck, which is why you're more likely to see them as dumb bimbos.
>>
>>733280290
Yeah dude. My ex was brilliant too. She is an aerospace engineer, graduated from MIT, and she was really pretty to me. We were perfect for each other on paper... I'm also in aviation, we were from the same state, same religion, same political views... but like I said, that was on paper. No matter how good the match appears, it doesn't mean it's going to work out. Our personalities are different, and she has a history of depression. I couldn't deal with that. The breakup crushed me, and it still bothers me to this day. I really liked her. But I've moved on. Yeah, smart women are hard to come by, let alone meet.
>>
File: 18.png (7KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
7KB, 679x427px
>>733280540
>incredibly intelligent
>I am an example of this

You're not incredibly intelligent just because you have OCD.

You're neurotic idiot who convinced himself that the only reasonable explanation to why you're an outcast must be your "superior intellect".

Consider suicide.
>>
>>733271526
I was a child prodigy. I taught myself to read and write from comic books at the age of two. My IQ tested out at four sigmas, meaning it's higher than 99.98% of the population. I was eventually streamed into a special class for people with intelligence similar to mine. Many years later I went back and tracked down the teacher of that class and asked him if he'd followed us, and what sort of footprint we'd made on the world. He said that, almost to a one, we were all unemployed, and those who had managed to find work were punching a cash register or waiting tables.

There's a point at which the ability to see things other people can't becomes a curse. I've had to spend my entire life immersed in a culture which celebrates stupidity, glorifies ignorance, and is completely incapable of seeing when it is being manipulated in order to benefit a small handful of sociopathic, reptilian billionaires. And because I refuse to contribute my time and expertise to activities which harm others, I've lived my entire life in destitution, going through many periods of homelessness, once for as long as an entire year.

What's worse is that I have to hide the level of my intelligence just to survive. It turns out that when you're able to see things others can't, they don't turn to you for advice for future problems, they despise you for being right and punish you for it. So I've learned to live an isolated existence and keep my observations to myself. I'm forced to watch silently from the sidelines all while I see train wrecks approaching in slow motion.
>>
>>733271526
is accepting misery a cure to depression?
>>
>>733281073
Damn, this hits home hard.
>>
>>733281080
Great question to think about!
>>
>>733280756
I said I'm not a genius. You didn't even read my answer and yet you already had a response lined up. If you're that ignorant, then there's no hope trying to explain anything to you until you're willing to listen. You have no interest in understanding anything, but rather you want the validation to believe you understand. The one who needs to keep their ego in check is not me, its you.
>>
>>733280668
I had to have everything "even" and there were "good numbers" and "bad numbers"
I also was incessantly counting by specific numbers and multiples of those numbers. It got so bat that I couldn't do any math anymore because if I saw a "bad number" I would go into a state of panic. I also had to walk on certain sides of things, sit in specific places in a room, say words in a certain way and repeat them in multiples of four if I got them "wrong" the first time, check the lock eight times, and tap things in multiples of four that would multiply exponentially if I got them wrong. These are just some of the many examples. It's hell. Also, I just realized that I used the wrong "it's" in my first post.
>>
>>733279182
>Lastly, yeah, my phrasing could have been better; or, you could have spent a few more moments pondering what I might have meant

Sure, I *could* give you the benefit of the doubt on every single red flag you raise. I don't think I'd be giving you a favor though.

>I have about 50 clients for which I'm responsible for. I talk with strangers all the fucking time, as they approach me on the street to inquire if I'll do work for them.

What do you do for a living? Doesn't sound like you're in a very intellectual field, maybe that's the issue here.
>>
>>733281285
Stop getting offended by words over the internet, retard. You're just making it even clearer how much of a stupid fuck with a fragile ego you really are.

The sooner you accept you're an idiot, the better.
>>
>>733281073
Would you explain more about the reptilian billionaires?
>>
>>733281004
when I was in middle school I tested into the top 3% of kids nationally on standardized tests. Also, the intelligence was not caused by the OCD. I was just saying that the two often come hand in hand.
>>
>>733279979
Women are different creatures. They use emotions and are more mental, while men are more visual and more physical.

Also,

Men - Concrete

Women - Abstract

It's really hard to understand, but just talk to more women and you will get more comfortable around them. Who cares if they are hot. Don't overthink it and just go up to her and fucking talk to her like a normal human being. She will definitely appreciate it because all women have that 6th sense and know what's up when a guy comes over to her.
>>
>>733279286
alright lets do this objectively. give me your age and career
>>
File: 1476539907036.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476539907036.png
177KB, 697x768px
its neither. imagine life as a game. choices lead down paths and the game ends when you die. if you're smart or dumb just results in picking diff paths. the point of life is to experience it. if u end up smart or dumb or poor or rich, its just another path that leads to the same end.

I was watching interviews with north koreans who escaped and now life in south korea. one of the guys told his story. about how he would have to watch executions at age 10, how he finally decided to try escape after a big famine where most of his village died. he saw a body in the street covered by flies. the person was still alive, but as he said "the flies always know first". he realized there is no guarantee that it wouldnt be him next, lying on the street waiting to die and decided to escape. he finally made it to south korea and went to university. a few years after, he became so depressed he considered suicide. both he and others who were interviewed bring up how despite N Korea being a shithole, people were close and always laughing or happy. you knew everyone in your neighborhood, everyone watched out for each other.

the point is, nothing, intelligence, money or any other circumstance, should define whether one enjoys life more or less than someone else, barring super extreme cases.
>>
>>733281714
Are you in middle school now?

You sure behave like you are for someone so gifted with such superior intellect.
>>
>>733281575
The field you work in means nothing, friend.
But, just for the sake of argument, I'm in landscaping.
Before you judge me based on that, as I know many do.
The job is more than just cutting grass and pulling weeds.
From logistics, to time management.
To customer service and being able to sell. Not only a product, but an idea.
As people expect you to give them suggestions on just about anything you can imagine.

Now, if you do everything right, you get the respect of your clients, which in turn, generates more business.
And not just any business, but good business from good people.
Because you're not just picking up a random shmuck, but a friend of a "friend", if you will.

Now, to address the prejudice towards those in my chosen field.
There are a lot of young bucks that just don't know what they're doing, working for the big companies. Which is fine, to a degree. Gotta learn somewhere, right?
But the real issue, is the wealthy college aged kids with a truck and some equipment that mommy/daddy bought for them.
They do the absolute worst quality job imaginable, and they think they deserve the same amount from the clients that I get!
Silly bastards....
>>
>>733272061
>your
FUCK YOU, GO LEARN ENGLISH, FAGGOT
>>
>>733281607
lol looks like I triggered someone who was put in the retard corner as a child
>>
>>733281073
>ve had to spend my entire life immersed in a culture which celebrates stupidity, glorifies ignorance, and is completely incapable of seeing when it is being manipulated in order to benefit a small handful of sociopathic, reptilian billionaires. And because I refuse to contribute my time and expertise to activities which harm others, I've lived my entire life in destitution, going through many periods of homelessness, once for as long as an entire year.

Why didn't you go for a career in academia, or healthcare, why don't you volunteer somewhere? Or doing independent manual work (plumbing, gardening/maintenance), etc.

Sure, there are fields in which you'll be hard pressed to avoid doing harm of one sort of another (IT, finance, any work for large corporations), but there's also many ways to do work that benefit others.
>>
>>733272328
You just described my life
>>
>>733281631
Capitalism was established for the explicit purpose of aggregating wealth into a small number of hands so allow for the creation of large capital projects such as highways, dams, and factories. It does this by creating monopolies which stream wealth upwards. However, even the earliest capitalists, such as Adam Smith, understood that it was necessary to put constraints on this accumulation, or it would be ultimately unsustainable. For example, Smith wrote that the highest income earner could not make more than ten times that of the lowest income earner, and that passive rents -- that is, income from investment which does not produce anything useful, such as money trading or stockbroking or landlording -- must be illegal.

We are now living in a world where those people at the top control everything. They do so by creating a system in which any movement of wealth involves skimming off the cream and ending up in their pocket. For instance, for the last 40 years we've seen taxation and laws put in place which attacks small business, forcing what were previously mom-and-pop operations to become franchises of large corporations in order to survive, allowing a handful of individuals at the very top to get a slice of every pie -- sometimes literally.

At the same time, we've created a society in which altruism, compassion, generosity, friendship, and trust are all savagely punished economically, while making the amount of wealth one has not only the primary but ONLY yardstick for success, comfort, and safety.
>>
>>733281944
No, I'm not in middle school now, but I've continued to get smarter. I've also been told that I'm very intelligent by the doctors who have been treating my ODC via exposure therapy. They also said that almost all of the people who come to them about OCD are highly intelligent as well.
>>
File: 1485666686398.png (258KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485666686398.png
258KB, 500x500px
ITT: unofficial Mensa meeting
>>
>>733279648
well an iq test says i have a 160 iq so....
>>
>>733271526
Burden.

When you are highly intelligent in a world of average people then everytime you try to share your intelligence with them their eyes glaze over and you feel like a retard for even opening yourself up to them.

You learn that you must dumb yourself down in order to socialize. It is painful, like killing the best part of yourself just for the sake of being able to love and to be loved.

Fuck.
>>
File: 827[1].png (38KB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
827[1].png
38KB, 200x188px
>>733282239
>I am very smart.
>>
>>733282086
I did. Eventually I turned my abilities to undermining the system. Unfortunately things have been deliberately designed so that it's impossible to smash things without either causing massive harm on a large scale or performing acts of breathtaking cruelty and ruthlessness, neither of which I'm prepared to do. So I play the long game, slowly building grass-roots movements which may, some day, pay off long after I'm gone.
>>
>>733282559
Agree.
>>
>>733282360
Kek.
>>
>>733280601
I have met some people that change when they are with friends, as if they play a role. Then go home completely transform, even in their mannerisms. I witnessed my girlfriend do this several times, she has also been caught reading the most trivial of things like the invasion of kuwait, when we were at a bar with friends, bitch scared me
>>
File: 1458135822466.jpg (64KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1458135822466.jpg
64KB, 570x587px
>>733282239
Sure buddy, you're smart. Very smart.

Now go clean your room so you can play with your fidget spinner some more.
>>
>>733282559
this
>>
>>733282229
I'd move to another country
>>
Being smart makes people look up to you, once you do something wrong you have a very high fall from greatness. It sucks.
>>
File: use this image with a shitpost.jpg (78KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
use this image with a shitpost.jpg
78KB, 500x341px
>>733282510
If it makes you feel better about yourself, then good for you man.

I'm pretty sure you're the smartest person in this thread, just like everyone else.
>>
>>733281530
Oh man im so sorry dude that sounds like hell
>>
>>733281945
>The field you work in means nothing, friend.

Bullshit.

>But, just for the sake of argument, I'm in landscaping. Before you judge me based on that

Nothing wrong with manual work, and yes, there are challenges (intellectual or otherwise) in almost any line of work. But clearly this is not a line of work in which you'll find a great deal of people who are interested in world affairs, politics, philosophy, etc. If you want to meet this kind of people (and you'll need to meet many in order to find a few who are a match both intelligence-wise and personality-wise), you have to make an effort and actively seek them out.
>>
>>733283079
Actually, there are a few clients in which I can talk in length on these subjects.
Also, I'm aware that I have to seek these people out.
But 1) Where are they?
And 2) Where do I find the time?
>>
>>733282561

>Eventually I turned my abilities to undermining the system. (...)

I know a lot of people like that, some are smart, most aren't, the common denominator is that all of them think they're *really* smart. I think this holier-than-thou attitude is a problem of emotional imbalance rather than one of intelligence.
>>
Im smart because I know I dont know
>>
>>733283246
>But 1) Where are they?

Many are in academia and in highly intellectual professions, but I don't know how you'd go about hunting those. Maybe you can try one of these high IQ societies? Or selectively pick hobbies not so much for the hobby as for the people you'll meet (different sports/activities attract different types of people; for instance golf will presumably be full of stereotypically rich people full of themselves, rock climbing is good to find competitive problem-solvers, windsurfing is an "elite" sport full of doctors and the like, strategy game players are typically people who think they are intellectuals, etc).

I'm doing a phd in A.I., so I no longer have the problem of always feeling like the smart guy in the room / the only person capable of arguing reasonably in a debate / etc. So I don't have to actively seek out smart people. But I'm sure you can figure out something.

>And 2) Where do I find the time?

Can't help you there.
>>
>>733283627
I'm not some kind of campus radical. I organize communities to create self-reliance and networks of mutual aid. For example, I've set up copwatch programs and taught others how to do the same. Currently I'm renovating an old, abandoned building where people will be able to come to get lessons in traditional hobo survival skills such as busking and making folk art from found materials. We act as a drop-off for old musical instruments, which will be repaired and restored. We'll teach people how to play, and then give them a musical instrument so they can busk -- which both creates a vibrate cultural street life and provides an income for people without needing to plug into the system.

Like I wrote, I play the long game. We need to create pockets capable of surviving the coming crash built on mutual aid and self-reliance.

"What matters at this stage is the construction of local forms of community within which civility and the intellectual and moral life can be sustained through the new dark ages which are already upon us. And if the tradition of the virtues was able to survive the horrors of the last dark ages, we are not entirely without grounds for hope. This time however the barbarians are not waiting beyond the frontiers; they have already been governing us for some time." -- Alasdair MacIntyre
>>
>>733284373
The thing is though, I'm not looking for a woman in academia.
Not to mention that I'd be shunned for my profession.
Regardless of how much I make due to the stigma that I blame on those college aged spoiled fucks.

I'm just looking for a down to earth woman. Someone who is able to form her own opinions. Take criticism. Think critically.
Why is that so fucking hard to find?

Oh wait, I remember now. Liberal city full of stuck up assholes, bums, and people sheltered in their circle jerk social groups.
Social groups, that if you don't fit into like a glove, you're cast out. Because you said things that go against their narrative!

The joy of large numbers of people. Always easy to isolate yourself from outside influence/ideas.
>>
File: 1488380936635.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1488380936635.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>733284511
>le 4chan warrior the destroyer of systems
>>
File: 1442920216199.jpg (29KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1442920216199.jpg
29KB, 530x530px
>>733276952
THIS

This is the smartest person in this thread.
>>
>>733284967
I'm looking for the same of woman /b/ro, and yes, they are definitely hard to find.
>>
>>733284967
I was talking about finding friends, not a wife. Anyway, you sound like you're pretty close-minded. Sure, most people are, but you seem to see it in others and not in yourself.
>>
Im gonna have sex with my tranny gf, bareback, is that smart?
>>
>>733285075
>smartest person in the thread
>your
>>
Someone of high intelligence understands the advantage they have on the general population whereas self absorbed edge lords think they're plight in life in due to the disadvantages of being too smart, does that really make sense?
>>
>>733285489
I wouldn't call myself closed minded.
But there are a lot of non-issues and social bullshit/drama that people in general seem to be obsessed about.

I barely have time to find people and be social. You think I have the effort to deal with social drama and bullshit?

I've lived for a few decades. I've seen all sorts of people in my time.
I know the kinds to avoid; and unfortunately, they are in the majority where I live.
>>
>>733285581
Self-absorbed edge lords are not smart, they just want to be smart really bad so they wear this shitty costume of "superior intelligence" and whenever someone questions anything about it, they get defensive and overly aggressive.

It's like 99.9% of all 4chan posters, absolute idiots pretending to be smart.
>>
File: 1488631806191.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488631806191.png
10KB, 400x400px
I would call people dumb, smart people often call people dumb out of envy.

Most people are born with the basic chemistry set of attributes that is evened out all across the board.

They are a little book smart, have a little common sense, and usually can fend for themselves in society.

" Smart people " tend to suffer because their ego's make them think their thoughts an opinion are better than others.

The reason they have an ego is because its forced from suffering from some sort of anxiety.

The reason they have anxiety is because they were not born with the right amount of dopamine receptors.

Dopamine is the ' feel good about life ' hormone that makes us eat, fuck, and want to progress out lives.

So then you become a dopamine chaser, using alcohol or drugs to try and fix whatever is wrong.

Then you read a bunch of shit and think because you can retain facts and information you think it makes you superior.

You cant understand why people are okay with being the way they are, reality is clear to you and depressing.

You know you are matter, going to die and return to the universe.

You sip cognac and regurgitate arbitray bullshit til you are blue in the face and it means nothing in the end.

Then you look out the window, and you see people in the sunshine.....blissfully ignorant...time will seem to stretch on forever for them.

ole well, going to go crack another bottle.
>>
>>733272885
>or he is really that dumb
just dropping in this thread to point out how hard you got baited, faggot.
>>
>>733271526
>>733271526
>Is being white more of a burden than a nigger?
No
>>
>>733271526
Einstein thought we were all geniuses but through certain conditioning and loss of will we lose it. Of course he didn't mean brain damaged brains, but the rest of just aren't trying or realizing or potential. From my experience he's right. The people you think are so smart are dumb in other areas. We are all geniuses and all like cogs in a big machine need to work together. Anything is possible. I get a little wet in the eyes when I realize how lucky we are to be where we are.
>>
>>733286099
>Retard dunning–krugering a pointless wall of text about how smart he thinks he is
>no one reads because everyone knows he's just an idiot with an over-inflated ego
>>
>>733271526
No, as long as you know how to apply your intelligence.
>>
>>733287944
If you don't know how to "apply your intelligence" you are not intelligent.

Stop with this meme that smart people can be complete failures just because you think of yourself as smart, even though you're clearly a loser.
>>
>>733282360
4chan is superior to Mensa
>>
>>733285514
nah that isnt smart that's just fuckin gay
>>
>>733271526
YES trust mi I kno! LOL!! :-)
>>
>>733280151
>existentialism is a cancer
How is that comforting?
>>
IQ Delta (Opinion)
http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/12/the-iq-delta.html
>>
>>733271526
Yes it is because you see things for what they really are and can look ahead further than most people of average intelligence. Try not to be one amongst the sheeple.
>>
File: 1292753484526.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1292753484526.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>733288953
This thread most certainly makes it look like that's the case.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.