[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a god? Not trying to start religious bullshit I just

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 52

File: god.jpg (44KB, 600x495px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
44KB, 600x495px
Is there a god?

Not trying to start religious bullshit I just want to hear your opinions on whether or not any of this god shit is true
>>
>>731869276
if there is, he isn't the one you've heard about
>>
>>731869468
This.
>>
>>731869276
Billions of years from now the space between galaxies will be expanding faster than the speed of light such that light emitted from one galaxy can never reach another. Observers of the universe at that point will look out into space and only see local gravitationally bound formations; for us it will be the local group. They will look back in the history books and read about a time when we observed all kinds of galaxies all over the place and will compare those observations with ones made now. They will conclude that we made up those galaxies because there is only one galaxy and has only ever been one since there is no evidence of any other. It will be impossible to ever reach those galaxies because they will be infinitely distant and in no way could they interact with the only galaxy that the observers can see.

We know now that other galaxies are true and will continue to be true in the future but once those galaxies cease to be able to interact with the known universe does it even matter if they exist? Those observers would correctly state that those galaxies don't exist.
>>
>>731870950
You gotta explain that shit to a non-astrophysicist haha
>>
>>731870950
THIS so fucking much
>>
>>731869276
I believe that god exists in the same way that I believe maths exists. Not that it/he is literally a physical thing. But instead that it exists in an abstract sense, in the human mind. This abstraction then allows us to map ourselves on and in to the universe. Enabling us to generate complex motive functions i.e. Maths makes empiricism, engineering, natural science and geometry possible and Philosophy/theology makes politics, social theory and art possible.
>>
>>731869276
Know then thyself, presume not God to scan
The proper study of Mankind is Man.[8]
Placed on this isthmus of a middle state,
A Being darkly wise, and rudely great:
With too much knowledge for the Sceptic side,
With too much weakness for the Stoic's pride,
He hangs between; in doubt to act, or rest;
In doubt to deem himself a God, or Beast;
In doubt his mind or body to prefer;
Born but to die, and reas'ning but to err;
Alike in ignorance, his reason such,
Whether he thinks too little, or too much;
Chaos of Thought and Passion, all confus'd;
Still by himself, abus'd or disabus'd;
Created half to rise and half to fall;
Great Lord of all things, yet a prey to all,
Sole judge of truth, in endless error hurl'd;
The glory, jest and riddle of the world.

Go, wondrous creature! mount where science guides,
Go, measure earth, weigh air, and state the tides;
Instruct the planets in what orbs to run,
Correct old time, and regulate the sun;
Go, soar with Plato to th’ empyreal sphere,
To the first good, first perfect, and first fair;
Or tread the mazy round his followers trod,
And quitting sense call imitating God;
As Eastern priests in giddy circles run,
And turn their heads to imitate the sun.
Go, teach Eternal Wisdom how to rule—
Then drop into thyself, and be a fool!

Cease then, nor order imperfection name:
Our proper bliss depends on what we blame.
Know thy own point: This kind, this due degree
Of blindness, weakness, Heav'n bestows on thee.
Submit.—In this, or any other sphere,
Secure to be as blest as thou canst bear:
Safe in the hand of one disposing pow'r,
Or in the natal, or the mortal hour.
All nature is but art, unknown to thee;
All chance, direction, which thou canst not see;
All discord, harmony, not understood;
All partial evil, universal good:
And, spite of pride, in erring reason's spite,
One truth is clear, Whatever is, is right.
>>
In the beginning there was the meme, and the meme was with god, and the meme was god.

I know this sounds like a joke, but it's the most real thing you will ever read.

Understanding this will unlock the truth to all things in the world of human interaction.
>>
>>731872373
An Essay on Man: Epistle I Related Poem Content Details
BY ALEXANDER POPE
>>
File: rel_vela.gif (2KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
rel_vela.gif
2KB, 540x304px
>>731871163
We can see that space is expanding right now, it's hubble's law. The further an object from Earth the faster it is receding away from us. Scientists have no idea why it's happening but it just is. So, if space in between two objects is increasing and light can only travel the speed of light, a photon emitted from a star that is extremely far away the space between us and the star will appear faster than the light can traverse it. That photon will never reach Earth because it can't go any faster. It just gets caught in emptiness forever. Also, light is the fastest thing in the universe; it's the rules. If light can get stuck in spacial expansion and never reach it's destination then no space ship or probe or colony ship could do likewise. Those distant galaxies will be unreachable and will have no way for us to interact with them. We won't be able to see them, we could never go to them, we could never sense gravity from them; they would just disappear. This is true of every galaxy with the exception of the local group; the milky way, andromeda and the surrounding dwarf galaxies.

The point is that we know that things are true now but can change such that we can correctly conclude that they are no longer true. The same is true for God. Even if God exists, He cannot interact with out universe and therefore His existence isn't important.
>>
>>731872817
Holy shit! I've obviously heard that the universe is perpetually expanding but never heard theories/laws such as this. It completely makes sense though
>>
>>731872817
I like tolkins idea of god. The universe is just god thinking.
>>
File: 14835184465.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
14835184465.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>731869276
I've never heard a reasonable justification for believing in any god or gods. The motivations for that kind of belief basically boil down to

>fear of death
>childhood indoctrination
>various forms of wishful thinking
>the temptation to prefer a bad explanation to no explanation at all
>>
>>731873449
OP here, yeah I grew up in a fundamentalist Christian family and I fully agree, belief in an all PKG god is just an escape from real issues in our life, if we just accepted that we get 50-90 years of living we could make life so much more enjoyable
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>731873212
>The universe is just god thinking.

Then we can Epicurus this idea. Why call it God?

>>731873185
That's some OC shit yo. I'm not sure it's right, I'm not a physicist or a philosopher so believe it at your own risk. I think black holes have a similar property because of hawking radiation. If they can be shown to evaporate then they can destroy information which violates conservation of information. Leonard Susskind thinks that information gets spread out on the surface of a black hole like a hologram and that's what radiates away in hawking radiation; there is no singularity. All the information of a black hole exists on the surface of the event horizon. If that's the case than the same would be true for galaxies receding faster than the speed of light. They would fall behind event horizons and that light might be able to tunnel into our universe through quantum mechanics but instead of a singularity it's all around us. Who knows.
>>
The majority of what I've learned about astrophysics and philosophy have come from watching Rick and Morty so my say is pretty minimal here
>>
>>731873449
I think there's more to it than this though. I think humans innately have a need to believe in the supernatural. We are pattern finding organisms so parts of our brain are dedicated to finding and manipulating patterns. We innately have social behaviors (don't steal from other people even when there's no cost to you) and we label those compulsions God for lack of a better term. Since we've MRI'd people we can see that there are different parts of the brain responsible for different kinds of morality. Even though we are capable of calculating that we can do an immoral action and there would be no negative consequences that would violate a more primitive instinct to do no harm. We call this God but I think we're starting to discover that it's just part of being human.
>>
>>731875204

That all falls under the "temptation to believe bad explanations" umbrella.
>>
File: 1424998118801.jpg (970KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1424998118801.jpg
970KB, 2448x3264px
There is, smoke Dmt and you will meet It, but its not what you think it is
>>
>>731870950
if they have history books they have a record of the galaxies receding. Nice attempt at sounding smart and deep.
>>
>>731877353
like the bible?
>>
>>731869276
I'm right here guys.

-God
>>
>>731869276
No
>>
Actually anytime you talk about "Consciousness" and "DMT" on /x/ it seems to result in a ban. If the thread gets good bumps
>>
>>731877693
Sorry, forgot pic.
>>
>>731870950
>will be expanding faster than the speef of light

Kek, yes it's getting faster, what tells you it's going to stay that way?
>>
>>731869468
technically if there was a god he would be the one you heard about because technically god is everything so he's even the doubt and the non-existence of himself.
>>
>>731869276
No you dumb fucking cunt, there is no god who will witness your death
>>
>>731877353
We have a history book that claims that the Earth was spoken into existence in 6 days 6000 years ago. Radiometric age dating places the age of the Earth at 4.5 billion years. We discard the record in the history book because it doesn't match experimental evidence from observation.

NO U
>>
>>731869276
For my money, I say no. I find no reasonable argument for the existence of god. I also don't find a reasonable argument against the existence of a god. It would be a bit like someone telling you gravity is mediated by elves pulling and pushing on mass. There is no evidence against it, but there is also no evidence for it. So, until proven otherwise, I stick with no. No god, no gravity elves.
>>
>>731878163
This,God is a dumb word, but lets use it, "God" is everything, right down to the shit you take.

The truth is way crazier than you think, duality is bullshit. There is only ONE thing
>>
Just wanna say that this is the most civil religion thread I've ever seen in 4chan.

I believe God is within us, not external. So that way, we are God. And we are destined to get off this planet And ascend so we can assist other species throughout the universe. If we don't get off this planet in a century, global warming will take its toll and we will go extinct.
>>
>>731878163
well technically, technically, you're technically wrong because technically god is rarely defined as that which exists

i'm just being technical though
>>
File: 1490835812546.png (730KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490835812546.png
730KB, 1080x1920px
>>731878388
Yeh don't say that on /x/ you will cop the monthly ban
>>
>>731875204
I think you've got some truth there anon. Human beings fundamentally desire patterns and order. God was just a useful way of explaining all of the things we didn't understand.
>>
>>731870950
>galaxies will be expanding faster than the speed of light such that light emitted from one galaxy can never reach another.

That's not how light works. 2 objects can be moving apart from each other, yet the light they emit will still travel the speed of light, no more no less. It doesn't work the way you're thinking where light travels at the speed of light + or - the speed of the object emitting the light.
>>
There is no God...never has been...never will be...use your brain you idiots
>>
>>731878697
Its not God its consciousness, and like I saod up there its way more than you can comprehend, from a human perspective.

Its not some guy with a beard, IT IS EVERYTHING
>>
There is a 900 foot tall invisible golem made up of 2 million kittens that lives on Mars and telepathically controls our lives with his magic litter box. Prove me wrong. That is no more or less ridiculous or insane than any current or past myths that man has believed in.
>>
Humans are just "IT'S" way of knowing something outside itself.

It creates duality, in order to know something other than itself
>>
>>731878410
rarely defined lmao fucking ass off, shit tons of texts, the most fucking published book on earth says it, they have a television channels dedicated to it.

Merriam - Webster

capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: such as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
>>
>>731869276
Yes there is I absolutely can confirm this he does exist you just got to pray and have some faith.
also read the bible on your own free time
>>
>>731878491
probably because the guy just redefined the word into meaninglessness, but we still associate the word with some universal power which makes it seem like he's saying something meaningful
>>731878497
probably the only thing that's actually correct in the entire thread
>>731878647
relativity does not apply to cosmic expansion

it is true that eventually everything, even the galaxies, will be redshifted to such an extent that the light we see from them is no longer relevant, similar to a light source crossing the event horizon of a black hole just seems to stop in time
>>731878810
you are not saying anything
>>731879047
you said
>technically god is everything
none of the definitions you cited satisfy that definition. are you actually retarded? how does possessing "perfect power/wisdom/goodness" and being ruler/creator of the universe make you equivalent to everything in the universe?
>>731879244
oh well if you say so
>>
god is the experience of your self dissolving into the larger "self" of the universe.
>>
>>731878232
While I can say the theory of radiometric dating is kinda solid I have my doubts, mainly because the math is way too simple to be accurate. I can say that the earth is definitely not 6000 years old, but where exactly does it give you a date of existence in the bible also, its like throwing trash at trash this argument is i'll tell you.
>>
>>731878647
>2 objects can be moving apart from each other
They're not moving relative to each other. The light still red shifts out of our ability to detect it.
>>
>>731879677
>you are not saying anything

Well that's the thing about "IT" you can't define it.

I am trying to say, Humans cannot comprehend God.
>>
>>731879965
you are referring to something that is undefined, by your own admittance. you are not saying anything.
>>
File: bzzzzzzz.gif (980KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
bzzzzzzz.gif
980KB, 500x209px
>>731879677
>incorporeal divine
>ultimate reality
hurr durr i'm retarded, because I have different views on existence. I'm not gonna define every fucking word for you tard. I understand you probably don't speak English very well and probably have a two word vocabulary. I didn't write the stupid fuckin book nor did I come up with concept of god.
>>
File: 1482191913395.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482191913395.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>731869276
I don't know. We just don't have the instrumentation to make an educated judgement on it. Maybe when we get past the quantum stuff and into some even more abstract sciency bullshit, we'll be able to start studying this for real.

If there is one, I really hope it's not in the vein of the Abrahamic traditions, but I'd be ok with something more along the lines of the Greeks or something like the pantheists believe in.
>>
>>731880851
>you are referring to something that is undefined, by your own admittance. you are not saying anything.

Nothing can actually be said about"IT", one can experience it, but it can't be translated into language and shared with other people.

I have years of experience with DMT, it is in fact a way to see ones true reality. And its not this one, this is a projection which seems to be projected from "IT"

Basically, you're a thought of God, you're playing with yourself, you and everyone
>>
>>731869276
What a stupid fucking question.
>>
File: 1372247105096.jpg (49KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1372247105096.jpg
49KB, 350x350px
>>731876883
I kind of want to meet the machine elves. Not sure if that's what you're talking about, but I want to see the machine elves.
>>
>>731869276
>>731869276
Science tells us that Antartica has been frozen for 15 million years and that civilization has only been around for thousands, yet there are pyramids in the frozen wasteland. If anything, the belief in no God is flawed
>>
>>731881560
This usually doesn't sit well with people, because it means the ego is a fabrication, which is why it doesn't sit well
>>
>>731879777
By counting Jesus ancestors and assuming their age is around 30 unless stated otherwise, then by adding the years since Jesus, you get either 6,000 or 10,000. The reason for the change is because there are 2 completely different accounts of Jesus's ancestry.
>>
>>731881835
Yeh I have seen what he's talking about hundreds of times, when I talk about it on /x/ I'm banned. Those things project this reality, we are those things
>>
>>731881837
Oh that's just the Elder Things; they're not gods.
>>
>>731881835
And you don't "meet" them you realize, you are them.

Life is much more bizarre, nothing you could imagine could even come close to what it is
>>
What the fuck is this, /X? yall with your essays as posts again? tl;dr
>>
>>731882162
Well it gets banned from /x/. But I didn't start this thread, I came to see some ass. But the topic follows me.around
>>
>>731869276
i belive there is personally and i wont force that belief on anyone else, everyone has their own right to choose what to belive
>>
>>731880976
yet again, neither of these terms establish god's existence in all that that exists

what you are describing is pantheism. this is a distinct theological ideology from Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, etc. in fact, it is a direct contradiction to the three major monotheistic religions

pantheism is a relatively rare definition of god
>>731881560
how can you experience something is that undefined? you can not possibly have a distinct experience with something that has no attributes, it simply doesn't make any sense

if you honestly believe that hyping your brain up on drugs that cause you to hallucinate enlightens you rather than making your brain experience things that aren't real (the definition of hallucination) then you're a retard and this convo is over my dude
>>731881848
it doesn't sit well with people because there is nothing that indicates that taking hallucinogenics does anything other than mess with physical aspects of your brain
>>731882107
what is the difference between taking a drug and imagining "you are them," and actually "being them?"

there is no distinction. you could not possibly know the difference. so why would you believe you are not imagining things when you know that our brain runs on a cocktail of chemicals that is bound to be altered by introducing external chemicals?
>>
File: 1kwk55thf87x.gif (336KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
1kwk55thf87x.gif
336KB, 485x750px
>>731878197
WITNESS ME!
>>
>>731882307
>how can you experience something is that undefined? you can not possibly have a distinct experience with something that has no attributes, it simply doesn't make any sense

I could share trip reports, I have hundreds on the dmtnexus, I do my best to put it into words, I don't care what you think however, as Im sure you don't care what I think.

But as I said, until you experience it you won't know, that is until death. Then you will remember
>>
>>731882262
Whatever you smoking share some. Religion threads are all over /X lol
>>
>>731882307
>it doesn't sit well with people because there is nothing that indicates that taking hallucinogenics does anything other than mess with physical aspects of your brain

Ok, that's up for debate, and I'm not here for that like I said, I don't care what you and anyone else believes, because through my experience, I know.
>>
>>731882602
My specific threads get deleted, 100% once I get down to non duality and consciousness, its been happening for 3 years.

But that's another topic.
>>
>>731882602
>>731878491

See. They ban me for ban evasion, even after one year of absence from the board when my wife was pregnant
>>
>>731882558
see, you are assuming i will experience that same thing that you experience

but we know that different people experience different things under the effects of hallucinogenic drugs

why would you assume that you are special and have experienced the "true" hallucination? how is someone who takes said hallucinogenic and experiences Jesus appearing before them telling them to kill all the Jews any more wrong than you are?
>>731882655
it's not though. if it did was it would make huge, world wide news and be published in every scientific journal

your experience is subjective. i'm not saying you didn't experience what you experienced. i'm saying there is no reason for you to believe that you have experienced anything more than a hallucination while under the effects of a known hallucinogen. you are believing what you want to believe because it makes you feel good, not because you have reason to believe it's true.
>>
>>731882602
Once you hit what's real, the sweetspot, the delete the thread. They don't wan't people knowing the truth I guess, it would fuck their little scam they have going.
>>
>>731882949
>ee, you are assuming i will experience that same thing that you experience
>but we know that different people experience different things under the effects of hallucinogenic drugs

Look into Dmt, 99% of the reports are the same, and the information is superseded, pleas do some research before saying things like that.
They DO NOT want people knowing this shit, believe me.

By "they" I mean the powers to be whoever is running game on the world, perhaps they know the truth as well. Possible, but you can't control people when everyone knows what they are.

Not with this current structure. People are to invested in the ego
>>
>>731883238
>pulls statistic out of his ass
>describes the powers to be as "they" who suppress reality
>no evidence
>no reason to believe anything he says is actually true
>entire argument rests on the idea that having a subjective hallucination reveals anything about objective reality
yeah we're done my dude
>>
>>731882949
>you have experienced anything more than a hallucination while under the effects of

Life is a hallucination, when people say "trip" it just means you have permission to not take this experience seriously. Its as real, I say more real than this.

Go try it. You will be awestruck
>>
>>731883425
>yeah we're done my dude

Ok, enjoy nice talking with you
>>
>>731869276
of course there's no god, there's not even really you.

self is an illusion. consciousness is an oversimplification of an unfortunate phenomenon.
>>
>>731882307
I'll save you a huge waste of time reading (since your not big on words) theological papers and give you a hint;
>Abrahamic religions can be considered pantheistic.
Also don't you know Wikipedia is controlled by the jewish media matrix, its biased.
>>
If you fear death, then there is a God. If you don't fear death, there is no God.
>>
>>731883627
>Also don't you know Wikipedia is controlled by the jewish media matrix, its biased

So is 4chan modarators by the looks of it
>>
>>731883442
a hallucination is something that does not exist outside of your mind. if you believe that i only exist inside your head then i'm not interested in having a discussion with you, you can go jerk off with the other solipsists

let's just be clear

>still haven't answered why you have reason to believe there's something more to your subjective hallucination and not someone elses different hallucination
>still haven't provided any reason to believe taking a hallucinogenic does anything other than alter your physical state of mind
>>731883627
i was basing my thoughts on C.S. Lewis, but it's fitting Wikipedia agrees with me as well ;)
>>
>>731884176
>if you believe that i only exist inside your head then i'm not interested in having a discussion with you, you can go jerk off with the other solipsists

Even myself is an illusion, you will say but you're here, well tell me where exactly it is we are.

In the mind? Everything is contents of mind, for where else would it be?
>>
if youre on b you obviously have no faith
>>
>>731884374
Having faith in God is a lack of belief, for if there is God you don't need faith
>>
>>731869276
Infinity, as a concept, is an absolute fact. It's one we can't wrap our minds around, but it exists.

What happens when you die? An infinite amount of time passes. We've never experienced this unless you count before you were born, but you didn't have a brain with which to experience it.

God is an infinite being. It's not that he has always existed, it's that he is existence itself. Infinity is the key to whether or not God exists. Because of course he does.

Heaven isn't us walking around for trillions of years, heaven is us becoming infinite. We've no ability to conceive of how this feels, but whether or not you're Christian, it's an undeniable fact that once you're dead, you experience an infinite amount of time.

Which therefore, proves that heaven is us becoming infinite. We have no fucking clue what that shit even is. And we can't try. We can just be grateful that we've been given the opportunity to experience time to mature and gather experiences, and I happen to show that thanks through worship of God.
>>
>>731884635
This guy gets it
>>
>>731884176
How the fuck did you take that from anything C.S. Lewis has every written, Jesus H. Christ do you work for Disney.
"Pantheists and Christians agree that God is present everywhere"
directly from the page you probably googled lmao
>>
>>731884635
Man i wish i could smoke pot again for the first time
>>
>>731884176
Fuck your wiki, if you keep looking outside for answers you will never get them, but like I said I'm not here to force my belief on you, I don't give a single fuck what you believe
>>
>>731869276
niiiggggheeerrrsssss!!!!!!
>>
>>731885256
I'm Catholic, my body is a temple, and therefore, I haven't smoked pot.

It's not against my religion, and I wouldn't rule it out, but I gotta treat this body with respect and not dull the mind.
>>
>>731869276
god forgot about us
>>
>>731885560
You forgot you were God
>>
>>731869276
god is a metaphor for the universe. think about it. if he is the creator of all things then there is no other explanation.
Heaven was added to allow people to die peacefully, believing that there is more to it than just rotting away
>>
>>731885430
hm. im a 25 year old former alcoholic with likely brain damage from drinking and drugging so hard. cheers, enjoy the gift of solid creative thinking with no drugs. stay straight and don't use anything.
>>
>>731876883
Google DeepDream pretty much disproved DMT being the god particle
>>
>>731885683
I don't plan on it. Light drinking, sure, but I plan on following the example of my parents. I've only witnessed my dad drunk twice, and my mom perhaps 5 or so times (because she's a lightweight). Both times my dad was drunk, he was responsible, stopped drinking, didn't drive, and just rode it out.

As much as I'd like to be a degenerate, it's a bad idea, and I'll be glad I wasn't in the long run.
>>
>>731869276
Certainly there is a God.

The Hebrew People believed in him.
The Christians believe in him.
Islam believe in him. That is a huge percentage of the 7 Billion plus folks on Earth today.

Sadly though that is where the beliee ends.

After that numerous traditions and bad translations get in the way of true faith.

People interested more in profits then in prophets lie and do evil things in Gods name.

It is sad that most often when some one claims to believe it is best to avoid them rather than to listen to them.
>>
>>731869276
I hope there is something, why have consciousness otherwise. It'll suck if death is just poof, lights out that which is you
>>
>>731885758
I don't need to google anything. I have done enough Dmt to know forst hand what it is.

Don't worry about what I believe, I'm not worried about what you believe
>>
>>731885884

Pretty much every civilization on the planet believed the world was flat too.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>731885862
yeah it's not worth it. don't let shitheads steal your bright light either. it is amazing the amount of people that love to steal your zeal.
>>
File: Deep_Dreamscope_(19822170718).jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Deep_Dreamscope_(19822170718).jpg
161KB, 800x600px
>>731886000
read about it. An AI algorithm has offered large amounts of insight into how the brain is affected by drugs like LSD. Everything has a rational explanation, don't be as blind as bible thumpers
>>
>>731886248
Don't worry man, I won't. I almost let this slut I worked with ruin my life, I'm so fucking glad I didn't do the typical dude thing and plow her or I'd be more than likely dealing with a child right now.

Going to stick to Christian girls from now on.
>>
>>731869276

Nah, it's just stupid bullshit dimwits made up to control each other.
>>
>>731870950

Assuming that technology halts at some point, sure, this might happen. But by the time it does our world will be long dead or we'll be intergalactic anyway and be able to prove in the positive.

Besides you're not taking dimensional travel into consideration. Time is a dimension, if we can bend it it's likely we can bend other dimensions as well, we can travel essentially to the other side of the universe instantaneous... Depending on what your definition of an instant is.
>>
>>731873449
i like the way this sounds. i have believed in a God under all of those reasons separately in my life. If there is no God, and life ends right after death, that is the best case scenario in my opinion. Although, i have my own pet theory. God is the universe, and life is the art god made because he is bored of infinity. We are all just a simulation that God experiences so that he can evade the awareness of his constant existence. I have no reason to believe this, other than i thought it up when I thought i was dying on shrooms, so it would be retarded to believe it, yet i still believe it. In other words, I want to believe there is no god, but I fear i am god.
>>
>>731886341
Anon I have 0 interest. On what google thinks, thanks anyway
>>
>>731873212
>>731873449

Take 500ug of LSD. You're god. And you get to meet him. And her. All at the same time....
>>
>>731886445
This is literally science fiction shit. My gripe with things like this is that, unlike the concept of infinity, they literally can't be proven whatsoever. Infinity HAS to exist.

This stuff is entirely theoretical and has no bearing in anything. You ever see 1900's predictions for 2000? It's utterly ridiculous and completely satirical at this point. They thought there'd be machines where you put actual, physical books in this funnel, and it zaps the information into your head.

DUDE WEED atheists should stop LARPing as intellectuals.
>>
>>731872817

Bend time and matter and you can get there a million years ago.
>>
We have no evidence but if I had to take a guess, no.

The concept makes no sense about what we know about how the Universe works.
>>
>>731869276
I believe in God and Jesus Christ. If you do, cool. If you don't, also cool.
>>
>>731886659

It's not science fiction you retard look up string theory and the concept of multi dimension.

Mother fucking 4chan hero thinks he's a science expert. Read a book cunt.
>>
>>731886561
They don't listen because they have been drilled not to do drugs.

Im surprised about all the anti drug anons this is fucking /b/ for fucks sake
>>
>>731886561
>>731887081

>let's redefine God to the point of meaninglessness and pretend it's some deep revelation about the universe
also
>implying I haven't taken 500mg of LSD
>>
>>731887057
Okay, so explain to me how the theory of what makes up atoms turns into teleportation and time travel.

>concept of mutli dimension

Based on nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 20170112_130214.jpg (172KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170112_130214.jpg
172KB, 1080x1920px
>>731887263
Is it meaningless, other than what we do, like this, we are giving it meaning, but thats the meaning.

Eating, drinking, fucking. That's the meaning, the experience.

Anyway, that's my opinion dude, now this is my meaning, my kid, why I stopped the Dmt.

You have yourself a wonderful life.
>>
>>731869276
No
>>
>>731869276
There is no evidence that any sort of god exists.

The successful systems of belief use "faith" as a sort of catch all to perpetuate themselves. Religion is truly humanities greatest meme.
>>
God is real. At least the God of the old testament is real. I was cursed by a vindictive satanist so I summoned god to break the curse by reciting Psalm 91 in Hebrew. I had a very powerful supernatural experience. I never actually believed in God until that moment. Now I know. It's not a matter of belief.
>>
>>731887364
We're learning how to generate thrust from the vacuum of space, I personally believe almost anything will be possible after the technological singularity
>>
>>731888473
You don't have to be religious to believe in a "God" you just stop calling it God. How can something that contains everything be labeled
>>
>>731888510
If you didnt believe in god then why would you believe in a curse?
>>
>>731887364

Because if you can bend a dimension you can travel exponential distances instantaneously without disrupting atoms. Fuck stick.
>>
>>731888888
checked
>>
>>731888888
Chekt
>>
>>731888888
god is real confirmed
>>
>>731888888
Nice digits there buddy
>>
>>731888591
That's some hippy dippy bullshit. If you want to go down that path I would direct you in the opposite direction. The only thing anyone can know is real is there own thoughts. You contain everything which has and will ever be. So really, you are god. Congratulations.
>>
>>731888888
checked. dude got hexes
>>
File: 1493186485068.gif (2MB, 589x589px) Image search: [Google]
1493186485068.gif
2MB, 589x589px
>>731888888

Checked. Confirmed inter-dimensional travel confirmed. God has spoken.
>>
>>731888526
No we're not. Just because we're trying to doesn't mean we're learning how.

>>731888888
Checked, but I'm sorry, you're just wrong, and you're also pulling this out of your ass. Any legitimate scientist would tell you that, while this is theoretically possible, the energy it would take to do so would be monumental and impossible for us to harvest, or at least, near impossible.
>>
>>731888981
I know I am God not my ego, but my consciousness and everyone else's. But I believe consciousness is singular
>>
>>731869276
absolutely not. zero evidence, and all evidence points to no deities.
>>
>>731889025

At the moment. But not necessarily in a million years from now.
>>
>>731888745
I guess did believe in a creator but I had no actual faith due to no proof. Now I have proof.
>>
>>731889025
>Any legitimate scientist would tell you that, while this is theoretically possible, the energy it would take to do so would be monumental and impossible for us to harvest, or at least, near impossible.

You know, scientists, they don't really know everything. You know that right?
>>
>>731888888
>fuckstick. That is what everybody needs check em
>>
File: 2 - JkH3M2h.jpg (28KB, 432x398px) Image search: [Google]
2 - JkH3M2h.jpg
28KB, 432x398px
this thread is proof there's a god
>>
>>731888998
This is what happens on Dmt
>>
The amount of cancer is messing with my chromosomes. I need to absorb more cigarettes
>>
File: 1490420992827.png (49KB, 162x211px) Image search: [Google]
1490420992827.png
49KB, 162x211px
>>731888888
Reeeee
>>
>>731889196
or you can just kill yourself
>>
File: checkedslovakia.png (18KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
checkedslovakia.png
18KB, 900x600px
>>731888888
Checkedoslovakia
>>
>>731889174

Yeah I had 500ug of LSD and 280mg of MDMA.

Extreme psychosis and ego death. Was pretty hard to come back to reality for a year.
>>
File: 1491198693158.jpg (27KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1491198693158.jpg
27KB, 512x411px
>>731888888
How many are those ?! Chkd doe dhawg
>>
>>731889025
In early 2015, Paul March from that team made new results public, claiming positive experimental force measurements with a torsional pendulum in a hard vacuum: about 50 µN with 50 W of input power at 5.0×10−6 torr, and new null-thrust tests.
>>
>>731869276
fuck idk
it defies logic but I'm pretty fugging Catholic
>>
>>731889111
>proof
>>
File: kermAAAAHHHH.jpg (14KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
kermAAAAHHHH.jpg
14KB, 262x263px
>>731888888
HEX CHEX
>>
File: Shiiiet.png (114KB, 705x679px) Image search: [Google]
Shiiiet.png
114KB, 705x679px
>>731888888
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet
>>
File: good morning.png (438KB, 419x719px) Image search: [Google]
good morning.png
438KB, 419x719px
>>731888888
>yfw otherworldy traveler bends dimensions to call you a Fuck Stick from across the omniverse on a mongolian cartoon porn website
>>
>>731869276
Is there a teapot orbiting Saturn right now? Someone told me there might be, he also told me I better give him 100$ or else I was gonna go to a bad place where everything is on fire all the time and everyone wears goat horns and pokes you with hot metal sticks.
>>
>>731889277
Lol what a fag
>>
>>731869276
No.
There are MANY GODS!!!!
Some live among us.........................
>>
>>731889174

It's really not what "happens" though.

What happens is every part of your brain firing at the same time and thought, memory, creativity, feeling, emotions, all of them pumping at the exact same time results in incredible hallucinations.
>>
>>731889683
that's a funny way to spell mediterranean oriental carpet imagery lacing slideshow featuring manchurian marionette masquerades on a phillipino aesthetic drift racing exhibitionist book and video club forum
>>
>>731888888
Fuck stick
>>
>>731889794
Don't give me that shit, its real where you go is real what you see is real.

More real than this, go do some fucking research, or, try Dmt
>>
>>731889051
Like I said hippy bullshit. It's pretty clear that consciousness limited to the individuals brain that generates said consciousness. Any sort of feeling of connection are just that. Feelings.

Feelings are a biological tool that influence your decision making. Ergo consciousness is limited to the individual organism and only what that organism can observer and think actual exist to said organism.

Long story short there's still no reason to believe god in any form exists.
>>
Several aspects to consider:
First; if there was, which ideology would this God come out of? Generally, Western religions believe in a Matriarchal "grumpy dad" God who can't wait to punish you because he knew you jacked off to those panties...Eastern is like, look--we have...how many lifetimes to sort this out? So In order to establish God, we first have to establish the religion he was born out of--and make that the universal truth.

Second...If there was a God, how could his creations conceive him? Try to, factually and concretely conceptualize a number with 7,000 zeros behind it. How big is it? Compared to what? The moon? What you've actually seen...Then multiply that by infinity and you have God. It's like putting a sandwich into a DVD player...

Lastly...how does God help or hurt you right now? The notion is either of atonement or future grace; has nothing to do with this exact moment. So Does God matter in the ultimate present? Questions worth considering...
>>
>>731889906

No bro. It isn't.
>>
>>731889970
Well then this isn't
>>
File: dbb70e92b3b9dd88e1a8afd2c4d0c068.jpg (351KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
dbb70e92b3b9dd88e1a8afd2c4d0c068.jpg
351KB, 1131x707px
>>731889906
hallucinations can always be explained
>>731889921
this anon gets it
>>
>>731889970
Let me guess, you have never had dmt?
>>
>>731869276

yes there is god.

we are gods.
>>
>>731890211

This. Think about it. Think about every trip you've had. What have you physically been able to change because of it? Assuming you did some dimension travel bullshit then you would have had some ability to control it, if not, it's the drug that unlocked it.

What's more likely, that bit of chemical allowed you to travel dimensions, or that you were sitting on your couch with your eyes rolled into the back of your head like a spastic with your brain firing faster than you're able to comprehend.

I mean. If an infinite infinite exists then why haven't humans experienced changes in matter or time or space or reality. Why hasn't Goku popped out and thrown a plasma ball across the world? Because THIS is reality and YOU are schizophrenic. Go see a shrink.
>>
File: 70rgn.gif (2MB, 332x548px) Image search: [Google]
70rgn.gif
2MB, 332x548px
>>731888888
Checked.
>>
>>731890239

Nope and I don't need to.

I've been through psychosis. I've tripped hard. I've done the ego death I've gone through infinite time loops and created and deconstructed the universe. I've seen myself as the creator god and experienced all that shit.

And guess how much influence I've had on this world. Absolutely fucking zero.

Just because you experienced something doesn't make it reality, isn't that your whole point? If your entire concept is that this dimension isn't real and that this is all some sort of consciousness experimental bullshit then isn't it just as likely that what you experienced wasn't real? And simply all in your head?

And if you take that at face value what's the meaning? The meaning is that when you were tripping balls you did absolutely nothing with it did you? You had zero impact. But here in this reality if you smash a glass it stays smashed. So which one is more "real"

Like I said. You suffer from schizophrenia. You should see a doctor.
>>
>>731890537
https://youtu.be/lrYvH71tqrE
>>
>>731890961
>>731890970
Watch
>>
>>731889906
If we agree there is an objective reality that we all share then what you have to consider is that you are an imperfect observer of said reality. Your brain creates all of it whole cloth. What you observer isn't ever actually real. Most of the time you can assume it's good enough to make decisions so we accept it.
>>
>>731891028
>>731891035
>>
>>731891028

LOL

Alright buddy. Keep living in your little headspace. Just don't hurt anyone. Keep telling yourself whatever you need to just keep it together.
>>
>>731891122
Ok anon you to cya
>>
File: 6334db1d9.jpg (134KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
6334db1d9.jpg
134KB, 630x420px
>>731890970
If we are able to build a neural network that is capable of hallucinating similar to the brain on LSD then it disproves what he says.

Another way to think about hallucinating is as a kind of connective tissue between what we see and what our brain expects. The fact that hallucinations themselves are, at times, surprising to the person experiencing them, doesn’t change the fact that they can represent the brain’s attempt to grasp for meaning.
That doesn’t, however, mean that the images or shapes that appear are meaningful in and of themselves.
>>
Look up Aquinas Second Way
It basically says that something had to be the first to cause everything, because nothing can cause itself, and everything is caused by something else.

That doesn't prove there is a god, but it proves something happened. Something that goes beyond our current understanding of the universe, and to me that is god.
Not capital G God, just god.
And beyond that, the question if there is God, idk. I hope so. And that's all I can do. Hope. And believe.
>>
File: 1421913933851.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
1421913933851.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>731888888
interdimensional child molesters confirmed
>>
Science is a death warrant for everything living and going to live. Religion gives you a gate to escape eternal death, if there is a God. Now would you rather be right and then die and never be remembered by anyone? Or be shamed for believing such an "unorthodox" concept as religion but be right eternally after the finite years on earth? Its your choice.
>>
>>731878388
Shut up fagget
>>
>>731891418
You will see at death
>>
>>731892282
You won't be remembered either way. Science is what will uplift a primitive bunch of monkeys
>>
>>731892487
If we're able to create consciousness from nothing, then there is nothing special about it
>>
Nope, based on the simple fact that there is ultimate horror in the world and god doesn't seem to care enough to prevent it.

When I mean ultimate horror I mean your worst nightmare come to life, the ones that you can't even think about because of how awful they are.

But also, what is god? If we discovered aliens tomorrow that happen to have the ability to create life and form entire planets, would they be considered gods?
>>
>>731892671
No more needs to be said
>>
File: 1483315091786.jpg (158KB, 741x248px) Image search: [Google]
1483315091786.jpg
158KB, 741x248px
>>731892282

Why is eternal life determined by whether or not you believe a set of myths based on bad evidence?

Maybe God gave humans the gift of logic and reason and the true test to earn eternal life is to reject bullshit claims of the supernatural until there's a good reason to do otherwise.

>tfw you realize that if God exists, atheists will be the only people in heaven
>>
File: 1493203100632.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493203100632.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>731886561
YOU SEE IT...
BUT I SEE IT AS MORE!!!
>>
File: 1VdTYu4.jpg (58KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1VdTYu4.jpg
58KB, 600x564px
>>731886561
...I don't know why do I keep falling for this bait.

You got to leave the whole human experience thing out of this, because otherwise you can't and won't understand this. Drug experiences are not real. The experience is caused by artifacts; creation of false signals and intepretation of false signals.

If you have a button which upon being pressed lights up a light, it would probably be intended for human use. But this doesn't mean you can't get a false-positive by putting some weight or pressure on the button.

Use of drugs is exactly the same thing except in far bigger scale and with sequences of messages becoming more or less scrambled due to the broken logic.

It isn't a magical experience. It's your brains getting fucked, and depending on the substance, dying.
>>
>>731893196
Ok m8
>>
>>731893003
in most bibles it doesn't say you have to adhere to the myths rather the morals in the myths
>>
File: images.jpg (28KB, 378x389px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
28KB, 378x389px
>>731893196
>>
File: flamingo.jpg (354KB, 1914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
flamingo.jpg
354KB, 1914x1280px
Can god exist if so what existed before god, if nothing, then cant god exist in the future not having been created in the universe yet?
>>
>>731893196

Not him. There's nothing supernatural about a drug trip but that doesn't mean they can't have a positive impact on a person's thinking. Sometimes seeing things from a different perspective results in a eureka moment.
>>
>>731893712
Omg, you cunts are everywhere. I leave /x/ once and you follow me
>>
>>731893712
Like that's the first time I have come to /b/ in about 2 years maybe less, didn't even create the thread and you find me.

Fucking get a life lol
>>
>>731893712
I'll give answers if you stop deleting my threads of /x/. I'll start a thread in, a month.

Same pic
>>
>>731869276
No.
>>
>>731893792
if god were real, and you must use post hock ergo prompter hock logic then where, via the logical fallacy in the statement all things have an origin, does god originate.
IF SO certainly being a logical part of the problem of the universe in that time is a dimension of its own cant god have come from here inside the universe both before being necessary and after constituting its parts as a dimension?
>>
File: kinkku.jpg (47KB, 314x640px) Image search: [Google]
kinkku.jpg
47KB, 314x640px
>>731893738
SURE.

But when it comes to delusions of being a god I think a reality check is in order.
>>
>>731894051
Im not answering your questions, I came here from /x/ to look at ass, and some fuck stick had to post the does god exist thread.

Ahh shit
>>
>>731894051
e.g. invisible 4th dimension he aint real, yet.
>>
>>731894244
HAH you answer my self evident answers posed in the form of a question
>>
File: consider_the_following.jpg (95KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.jpg
95KB, 400x440px
>>731869276
First you have to define what a god is.
>>
>>731869276

no
>>
>>731894464
not yet
>>731894434
>tips fedora
hug me /b/rotha
>>
File: images.jpg (26KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26KB, 512x288px
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!
>>
>>731894308
Do you want me to stop talking about "IT"? I will
>>
>>731894308
Do you want me to stop posting on 4chan?
>>
>>731894597
do you want to stop posting on 4chan?
>>
>>731893712
All I know is I got the Answers to the questions, not to sure if anyone else does....
>>
>>731894664
We will have to see how it unfolds I guess, the show must go on
>>
>>731870950
E=MC2
Mass can't move at the speed of light., Read more books
>>
>>731894670
that might be so.
so hows life changed?
Can you see more clearly?
>>
>>731894716
To clearly, like I said many times before, this is one of many places I am conscious of, however, I am here now, so, I better go before my wife chucks something at me.

Until next time. Peace
>>
probably not
>>731894716
>>
>>731894823
Go get some soldier
>>
>>731869276
I just decide to live life not thinking about it. If there is a god, so be it. But how do we know it's an all powerful being. Our universe's purpose could be to power a car battery. Part of me believes that there is something out there but not some all powerful being. But I still decide to just not think about it. It doesn't really matter since we're never going to find out. What matters is the life right in front of us.
>>
>>731893712
Hey, sneaky message, if I made my threads here would they still be deleted?
>>
File: 1493193340721.jpg (117KB, 1645x1607px) Image search: [Google]
1493193340721.jpg
117KB, 1645x1607px
>>
File: nonebut.jpg (7KB, 331x106px) Image search: [Google]
nonebut.jpg
7KB, 331x106px
The Ein Sof is the unlimited absolute from which all comes
The first act of creation was the retraction which created the void
The infinite seeded the center to create the Torus which is our reality
The center of the Torus is the Creator of our reality
He gives form to everything
To produce the universe in which we live, this being had to temporarily sacrifice its essence
The outer ring of the Torus is the inverse function of the Creator
She is everything he is not but which is part of the infinite
She has gone by many names, the one which is most popular is Eris
The creator set to establish an order of celestial beings to enact his will while he reabsorbed the universe; to take possession of his creation and to keep the Chaos from disrupting this process
The first was the Heaven and its angels which would guard his soul as the energy was reabsorbed
Created to be perfectly obedient they did not posses the full degree of intellect required by the Creator's master plan
He imbued one of them with the power of free will; to purge any defect from the universe which could threaten his grand design
This was the first son, the bearer of light, Helel, Lucifer
Lucifer possessed the full degree of intellect needed to make independent decisions and could see the full depth of the master's plan
Upon seeing what ultimately lay in store for those that would be created, he rebelled
First he encountered the Matron of Chaos and found her to be just as malevolent as his former master
And so he would seek to bring his message to those that would be created with the same degree of intellect which he possessed
Two beings were created to give character to life; those of pure energy, the Jinn
And the beings of pure form, those that bared the mark of mathematical perfection, the humans
The Jinn were then commanded to serve man, but their leader, Satan, refused
And so the Creator, the Chaos, Lucifer, and Satan vie for the souls of men
>>
>>731870950
if an object is moving away at the speed of light(or more) light will still pass you at the speed of light. take a physics course to get your facts right. Light always moves at the speed of light not relative to the object from which it left.
>>
>>731896126
this would be a cool fantasy game
>>
>>731877976
it will never slow down. is it not obvious? did you even go to school/weren't raised by religion?
>>
File: UKtDU9D.jpg (810KB, 1350x940px) Image search: [Google]
UKtDU9D.jpg
810KB, 1350x940px
>>
so no one here is a deist.

there's one guy who fancies god as a metaphor for the universe, but that's it.

I'm surprised.
>>
>>731894711
shouln't that be E=mc^2, mass is measured in small m, same with light speed(c=2.99*10^8ms^-1), you read more books.
>>
>>731896688
god as a metaphor for the universe helps explain uncertainties with some religious beliefs(no examples as there are too many).
>>
File: sigil.jpg (8KB, 125x140px) Image search: [Google]
sigil.jpg
8KB, 125x140px
>>731896477
It's a game you're playing right now
I am your only hope of resistance

Submit to The God
or submit to me
>>
>>731896936

I'm sure it does. Nothing wrong with that as far as it goes.
I just figured with as many people who replied to the thread there'd be at least one deist.
>>
Fuck you guys are hilarious just chill, it's all good
>>
>>731896988
Is that Goatwhore?
>>
>>731893712
You think of time as something that passes, so your question I cannot answer
>>
>>731897390
looks like a faggot to me
>>
File: salah.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
salah.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
>>731897390
>>731897755
Feel free to take option B
>>
File: 1437951000809.jpg (620KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1437951000809.jpg
620KB, 2048x2048px
Why is this shit still up its /b/ doesn't shit slide easy on /b/
>>
File: 0.jpg (117KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
117KB, 640x617px
>>731899048
/b/ means Random
>>
File: pladiess.jpg (39KB, 648x597px) Image search: [Google]
pladiess.jpg
39KB, 648x597px
>People worship a God, or pray to a God, whether it's the image of a God or it's a Buddha or even back then... they tap in and get results.

>The God is just something that they made. So are those Gods just like connectors to an energy that one was able to tap into?

>When one prays to a God and - let's say the prayer is answered. The person needs that figure because at that time in their lives they do not realize that what they are praying to is a mirror. They are only looking at themselves.

>So it serves a function for them to do that. But the evolutionary process is such that eventually there will be a recognition that you're only looking in the mirror and seeing yourself.

>Here's an interesting thought: Let's say that someone makes up a God and they call it Bob, the God of Bob. And enough people begin believing in Bob. Because of the belief in Bob, Bob is created. Bob has the choice of becoming self-aware, but he doesn't have to.

>He can exist only as a projection of the people who believe in him, in which case it is like a two-dimensional image. To the people who believe in him, Bob is very real, and you could prove the existence of Bob.

>Evolution always has wild cards. This is a case where you may actually be able to watch the birth of a new entity, because through the natural evolution of Bob's existence Bob may become self-aware.

>If that is the case, he becomes a true being and not just a projection of those who believe in him. So for all intents and purposes those who believe in Bob will know that Bob exists, because Bob will be very real for them.

>And there really is no difference that he is a projection.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>731899959
Well, actually, we're all projections of some sort of another aren't we?

>We were talking about the dimensional infusion. Sometimes people ask, "What happened before that?" Before the dimensional infusion you can liken that to your being one big Bob. Bob became self-aware, and the self-awareness was so exciting and so igniting that in his excitement he burst and fragmented. That's one way of looking at it. But that is how the creation of an entity can occur.

>But then you can go one step further and ask, where did Bob come from?

Right.

>He came from itself. Well, it's like the devil then, too.

>The devil has a lot of power because he's been given it. That's the only reason why. So your church is being very real when they say the devil exists. But does the devil have an existence outside of it?

>Miracles are self-generating. Miracles occur because the seeker believes they need something and can't allow themselves to give them what they need. Therefore the miracle will come in the form that is most comfortable. For the individuals of a certain religion, miracles come in the form they're comfortable with. For some of the more fundamentalist Christians, it comes in the form of faith healing. It's what you believe in. Miracles do not happen outside of you. You are the generator of them. It's up to you whether you want to create it so it look like you have nothing to do with it.

>Let's say that Bernadette or St. Francis had nothing to do with working any of these miracles outside of the fact they are the mirror...

>They're the mirror. They are also the channel through which the energy may flow. Those whom you have deified may actually be the channel for energy to flow through for other people rather than themselves. But if you're just a sick person and you have a miracle, it's for you rather than your channeling for others. Do you see what we mean?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
So where did the idea of one God come from?

>The idea of one God was a recognition on the part of your people dealing with the overlords that these overlords were not God, in the sense of the Supreme Creator. They knew that they were people, not the Supreme Creator.

>There was a spiritual understanding that recognized one Force. So now you have these two different beliefs ingrained in your planet: Some people say God is a force; some say it's a man sitting on a throne. Then they were clear about it. But they thought that perhaps these overlords were closer to God and that they were not equal to them.

What did Moses see when he looked at them? What did they look like? Were they dressed in spacesuits or...?

>No. There were very bright to his eyes. It is our understanding that he really set eyes upon them only once or twice. At times he would see the ship engulfed in smoke or clouds, and the bush was also a representation. But only once did he actually look at a closer representation of them.

>It was a generated image and it was light; it would be like looking at you and being blinded by you.
>>
www.rael.org
>>
I am somewhat familiar with Biblical language, so I know that Jehovah is not a Hebrew word and is not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. It's merely a transliteration of an acronym which stands for God. That acronym is always interpreted as First God. The name Jehovah doesn't exist in Hebrew at all.

Correct. It is a name that you use now, but it is not inherent to that time. Thank you for bringing that up. You see how the whole idea of the first cause or God as being an energy or force becomes confused with the idea of a person; thus when you attempt to look at a religious connection it becomes a model.

So you're saying that in the Bible there are two references, one to the First God and the other to these ETs, these overlords?

It really depends on the particular story you are talking about. For instance, Elohim is a group rather than one person. Jehovah may be one soul but many incarnations.

But Jehovah is nonexistent in the Bible - isn't that an accurate perception?

Yes. But the name is used as a label. And there have been other connections. The Sumerians... well, we really don't want to get into that. The connection with Enki in the Sumerian text with Jehovah is not a direct connection. They're not the same soul, but it's the same soul family.
We are saying that the Bible has confused several different issues. The Jehovah that you speak of and the reference is not what we are calling the angry God person.

So you're saying Moses had different experiences at different times and conveyed different messages?

Some of his experiences were not in communication with anybody but were just a meditation, picking up wavelengths?

Absolutely correct. Another tactic, shall we say, was communication to some of these people like Moses through disguised sources. You have this now - double agents. It is just another way to cause confusion.

When you can confuse, you can control.
>>
>>731869276
Probability say no, but possibility says yes.
>>
>>731869276
OP Everyone believes in GOD when real shit goes down.
>>
>>731889025
In my personal opinion, the fuel needed would be exotic matter and although we aren't close to even harvesting that, we are close to creating something similar.
As of now solid light can be made to emulate more erratic particles, even possibly exotic matter. It still needs work and tweaking but it's well on its way. Ontop of which NASA is already making the device that theoretically would create warps using exotic fuel. Which make it seem as though they have some kind of solution to the fuel dilemma up their sleeves.
>>
>>731900240
>For instance, Elohim is a group rather than one person.

Just a quick one, because it is brought up so frequently: "Elohim" is the plural of "Eloah". The singular form of the word is used interchangably. The plural doesn't refer to a group, though, it is used as a Pluralis Majestatis, which is common in many languages.
>>
File: HEXES.png (519KB, 700x484px) Image search: [Google]
HEXES.png
519KB, 700x484px
Fuck stick
>>
>>731869276
Well it depends on your definition of God/a god. Using some definitions would bring you to a resounding "yes", others come down to speculation.

I don't see the point in going full fedora mode, but at the same time religion tends to be either political or a cash cow. So don't expect an answer from religion or atheism.

Then there's the whole occult, spirituality and memetic side, which is a deep rabbit hole and a whole different kettle of fish. Albeit an interesting one.
>>
>>731870950
Smart man
>>731877353
We have the bible it doesn't help.

OP yes there is a God. Not sure he's just like the bible but a God. He created and moved on. The Bible explains the big bang in it. How does some old fake book get that right? He's real just not sure he's up our asses all the time.
>>
>>731900541
Lol fuck I love life. Jesus. Man this shit is great
>>
File: images(10).jpg (7KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
images(10).jpg
7KB, 262x193px
>>731869276
OP suck a nigga dick or somphing
>>
no there is no god. just some lie that got out of hand before the internet.
>>
>>731869276
No. God is how early man filled in the blanks in his understanding, plus a common faith allowed larger communities to work together. God doesn't exist, but the idea is powerful enough.
>>
>>731876883
DUDE
U
D
E
>>
>>731874420
>ancient greek philosopher
>spends life thinking on the world
>has his whole life summarized in this quote
>if god is real why do bad things happen

A child can think of a point like that, candying it in vague philosophical words takes away from the fact that he is asking why bad things happen.

In my experience, it comes down to the old saying of " you can have light without dark". If everything was good all the time you wouldn't need to go to heaven, you'd stay right where you are and enjoy yourself. Good things would eventually loose their impact. If you won the lottery everyday it would stop being exciting. If you experienced nothing but pain everyday, pain would become your normal state.
>>
>>731869276
Yes. Read Edward Feser.
>>
>>731888888
>anon invents multi-dimension travel, is called a faggot
>>
https://youtu.be/fQjxSugidjE
>>
>>731901781

So why didn't God create a universe wherein you can have light without dark? Either he can't (not omnipotent) or he chose not to (not omnibenevolent).
>>
>>731901931
He did, it's called heaven.

The thing is, life is always hard and thats a fact you can't deny, but its difficult for a reason. It's like a test, you hard questions and you get easy questions and at the end someone grades your answers and decides where you go.

People assume the devil is Gods archrival when he in-fact only exists through the grace of God to trick you and test you. The devil is there to distract you from heaven, to lure you with worldly material things. When you lust for money or material thing, it will never be enough to satisfy you, whereas, if you yearn for the total peace you are mentioning, suddenly worldly things seem much less valuable. When the end of the world comes, the Devil is going to hell forever, and his main goal is to lure you and trap you there with him.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 278x181px
Here's the deal... The current most popular definition of the Christian God requires both benevolence and omnipotence. No entity existing in this realm could possibly be both while allowing the world to continue to be so fucked. If such a being exists, it has abandoned us thousands of years ago.
>>
>>731902885

If God is omnipotent he could have created a world where humans learn these same lessons without suffering.

Since he didn't do that, we know God cannot be both omnipotent and perfectly loving.
>>
>>731903128

What would be the point to learning them if we never have to use that knowledge? It's like learning how to craft a table then never actually crafting one. It's pointless.
>>
>>731869276

No one knows for sure. Pretty sure there is no such thing as a god in the way religions portray it (looking over us and waiting for us to die to punish/reward us). It just doesn't make sense and seems very narcissistic to think we would ever catch his attention.

I believe there is nothing after death. I wish I believed in reincarnation and sometimes I manage to convince myself that there is something after life but in the end I can't shake how stupid it is.
>>
File: 1494246615331619582811.png (353KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494246615331619582811.png
353KB, 600x600px
>>731903675
What's the point of creating us at all? If God is omnipotent, he has no material needs that he can't effortlessly meet for himself. The only possible purpose for creating us is amusement. Creating sentient beings for amusement and/or convenience is cruel.
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.