[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /b/ tell me about bipolar disorder?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 45

File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
What can /b/ tell me about bipolar disorder?
>>
>>731720612
its a made up disorder
>>
>>731720612
In a nutshell, you feel like a woman especially during her period.

Real talk though, get help from a professional,
>>
>>731720612
I hear it's like depression, another attention seekers "disease".
>>
>>731720710
As is existence itself. Try to prove otherwise if you must.
>>
>>731721152
Depression + Anxiety + Mood Swings + Insomnia which is related to the anxiety.
>>
I had a psychotic break in August 2015, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I had hallucinations and delusions that I was Christ and Lucifer at the same time, I went to a psych ward for 2 months until I was back to normal. I constantly am depressed and think about the past and I always have cringe-inducing memories. But it could be worse. Some people have a combination of bipolar and schizophrenia, called schizoaffective disorder. I'm not sure if I have this but I think I just have bipolar with psychotic features. Can answer questions if you wanna know more
>>
>>731721616
I constantly get long stints of being over the top happy for weeks on end, then i'll wake up feeling like a bag of shit. Find it hard to sleep just staying awake constantly panicing about things. felt like this since i was really young. Issue is, going to a professional could really ruin things for me.
>>
>>731721616
What is the detrimental impact if I only take one of the two lithium capsules prescribed daily? I remember the xanax, celexa and seroquel but the lithium always gets me because it's the only one I take twice.

Is this a major negative impact on my condition?
>>
File: INTP poster2.jpg (23KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
INTP poster2.jpg
23KB, 400x320px
>>731721616
i have schizoaffective disorder :/ it has its upsides. lots of downside though..
>>
>>731721814
That's hypomania for you. I would seek out professional help before you go full blown manic tho. I ended up on probation after my manic/psychotic episode. I also wake up every night now, but this has only been since February of this year.
>>
>>731722010
Fucking myers-briggs assessments. I was an INTJ to the extreme.
>>
>>731721878
Honestly, I would look into trying Invega Sustenna. You take pills for about a week or two, then you upgrade to a monthly injection. Then that in turn upgrades to an injection every 3 months. If you don't wanna do that I would take the medication as prescribed to reduce the chances of decompensation
>>
>>731720612
It has its ups and downs but with proper medication it is easily managed.

I've had it diagnosed when i was in middle school.

Ask away
>>
>>731722025
Just, being diagnosed with someone like this could potentially screw my life up a lot. Is there ANY other way around it without going to a professional? Or maybe a professional who'll keep it quiet?
>>
>>731722010
Do you have hallucinations everyday or only during mood changes?
>>
File: 1482937881037.png (327KB, 545x670px) Image search: [Google]
1482937881037.png
327KB, 545x670px
>>731722222
check'd
>>
>>731720612
I'll tell you what it's like.

It's hell. It makes you do stupid, impulsive shit one day, sometimes making idiot purchases and draining your bank account, sometimes doing outlandish, childish crap for validation. When you're on a high cycle, you feel like the king of the world, like you can do anything (and you tell everybody as much.) You want to "start a band," even though you nor anyone you know plays any instruments, or "direct a movie" with nothing but a shitty phone camera and insist it's going to "make it big."

Then the depression sets in. You drink because being drunk is easier than being alone with your thoughts. You stay in bed for days at a time, sometimes up to a week or more. You don't bathe, you don't socialize, you think about suicide every day. The future is always going to be the worst of all possible outcomes, and nothing you do matters. Your life has no meaning, so you might as well end it all.

Then you start taking meds. They take a few weeks to start working, but once they kick in you feel a strange numbness. Life doesn't hurt anymore, but the high is gone also. You go through the motions, going to work, watching some tv, going to bed. But everything feels gray. Not bad exactly, just neutral. Your life is now about taking your pills and getting through the day. You're no longer impulsive, and you're better with your money, but the creative spark is gone.

Also, it completely fucks your relationships if you stay unmedicated. Everything is about you, and you can't get out of your own head. It prevents you from forming any real connections with anybody, and you're prone to pushing people away.

It's absolute shit and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
>>
>>731722222
I'm guessing you're trying to join the military? Well you could just wait it out and maybe you'll only have the mood swings. Not everybody has a psychotic break/full blown manic episode. But I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>731720612
Side effects from MK Ultra
>>
>>731722222

I'm going to assume that you're in the States, I don't have any knowledge outside of the United States. By law, a professional CANNOT disclose ANYTHING without your consent. If they do, then you can sue them and they'll lose their license. It is also illegal for employers to ask about existing illnesses, mental illness included.

Get in touch with your insurance company and find a good therapist. Don't be afraid to try different therapists, some are better than others and some you'll get along better with.

>former psych major, been diagnosed with BP1 when I was 17. I'm 25 now and in college. You can make it.
>>
>>731722222
Smoke weed, faggot. Works for me.
>>
>>731722428
The first 2 paragraphs are bang on.
>>
>>731720612
I can tell you that very few people actually know what it is. Most people (including a lot of the responses in this thread), just think it is being irritable.
>>
>>731720710
this. it's just moody teenage girls
>>
>>731722428
Could you please elaborate on preventing you from forming any real relationships with people?
What is it exactly that is the cause of this?
Is there any way to maintain a lasting relationship?
Do meds help better connect with people or no?
>>
>>731723088
>>731723097
Having states of euphoria lasting hours on end ending up in massive depressive states wanting to kill your self.Yeah totally made up there
>>
>>731722200
I'm not sure on that one. I need the xanax in order to fund my weed expenses. I know, I know...but it's a viscious fucking cycle. That is how it works in America...with Obama-fucking care...when you're holding for a social security hearing. Spoiler...plan to wait 24 months after your two denials before it which are 8-12 months and of itself. You'll get starved out because nobody will hire you...work your food stamps off for the county because your fucking clinic has practicioners and their letters saying " this guy can't work" mean shit.

They will, however, jump through hoops when you get to the point where you're ready to kill yourself and maybe a few assholes you wouldn't mind taking with you.

Not because they care. Because if you kill yourself THEY fucking failed too and maybe will lose an hour of sleep sometime over it. Or maybe cry during silver linings playbook.

The more I think of it....I better stop before this becomes fucking evidence!!!
>>
>>731723178
No disorder can keep you from developing healthy relationships with people. Unless you're a psychopath or something. But I doubt that's the case. It's just making excuses honestly. The meds just regulate your mood and keep you stable
>>
>>731723346
>massive depressive states wanting to kill your self
if they're are sooo massive why haven't you actually killed yourself? because your a bitch.
>>
I feel the need to say something.

For those who are suffering from mental illnesses in this thread, you can, and will overcome it. You need to be willing to fight and you need to be willing to fight hard. This is not easy, not at all, but you have to be willing to wake up in the morning, look at yourself in the mirror, and remind yourself that you deserve good things in life and that you can overcome your illness.

Remember that treatment is threefold - therapy, medication, and the willingness to fight. If one of these is missing, you'll lose. You guys are better than that, you deserve to be happy. You CAN be happy, you just have to fight.
>>
>>731723431
Why havent you killed your self either?
Having your brain spamming you with chemicals to kill your self is in no way shape or form the response of your conscience mind
>>
>>731723431
Because I have a more massive urge to kill some random asshole that really deserves it.

You're a damn smart fellow. I wish you'd post your contact info so I could get in touch and let you give me some more counsel.
>>
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
>>
>>731723548
>therapy
Therapy is pointless and very useless.Interpersonal and cbt are a waste of time, and all that is offered in modern medicine.
Proper medication is the biggest factor here

You are never happy, you just exist
>>
>>731723360
Well you can always just drop the lithium, get on the Invega, and still be prescribed Xanax too. I think you said seroquel too? The Invega would replace that. But Xanax is for completely different things than Invega. Invega is an antipsychotic that also acts as a mood stabilizer
>>
>>731723178
For me, the meds helped immensely with forming better relationships (although it took about a year and change of adjusting my dosages.)

The main cause, for me, was being too self-centered. I was always inside of my own head. It's not that I didn't care about my friends and family, I still loved them, but my problems always took priority. It was either a) whatever I was doing needed all of my attention and energy, or b) nothing mattered, so why should I care about other people?

These days, I actively listen to the people in my life and don't redirect every conversation to be about my new ideas/problems. Medication gets me out of my head and back into the world around me.
>>
>>731723590
Because I'm a cock sucker and really just trolling in here hoping someone will say anything that I can use as an excuse to say I also have a condition

But I don't

Except for being a cock sucker.
>>
>>731723632
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. Washington, D.C come get me
>>
>>731723754
You have a condition,sociopathy,go kill some cats and trap people on tinder
>>
>>731723754
>>731723590
samefag
>>
>>731723710
Maybe. But I often feel that the psychopath in me is the best part and hesitate to have it taper off.

Honestly...and look at the assholes everywhere...even in this thread...don't you really think one should have some psychopath in them to deal with that?
>>
>>731723548
Good post
>>731723692
Some people need therapy too. I know when I'm having delusions and I talk to my therapist about them they go away or at least become insignificant enough to ignore. Happiness is attainable by anyone willing to put in the effort to be happy
>>
>>731723346
>lasting hours

Needs to be at least four days for a hypomanic episode and one week for a manic episode.
>>
>>731723392
For me it was a vicious cycle tbh, depression isolated me and hypomania made me an asshole, things got better with meds, but i really have to put myself out there to develop a healthy social relationship and all the shit i've done during hypomanic episodes it's pulling me down... not impossibile, as you were saying, but it takes effort instead of coming naturally.
>>
>>731723957
Not even.
>>
Can any anons help me understand my mind?
It feels like I have different personalities but they are all still me
Some days I will feel at ease, I'll be more calm and caring, will go out of my way to help strangers with no second thoughts
Some days I feel empty or full of rage and hatred, completly lack empathy, I won't care about people at all
For me its weird because sometimes I am able to care about other people and other times I am simply unable to until something "clicks"
>>
>>731723808
Is that you Barney Frank?

>>731723864
So easy to spot one person smarter than the prick smart asses, huh? It's not tough, really.
>>
>>731723933
This lithium coursing in my veins stops the mania and depression,but now im stuck in an area of grey.Im not happy,but it dosent bother me that im not happy.I exist
>>
>>731720612
everything I love makes me sad except when it makes me happy
>>
>>731723692

You have to make yourself happy. Therapy will help you learn how to do that. It will help you learn how to deal with your problems in a healthy way. It will teach you how to cope with your mental illness. Medication is a part of it, but it is not the entire solution.

You can be happy, but if you believe you can't be happy, then you've given up.
>>
>>731723905
Psychopathy and psychosis are two different things. If you are truly a psychopath there is no medication for that. But if you are at risk for psychosis (delusions and hallucinations), it's best that you treat it. You're already on an antipsychotic if you take seroquel
>>
File: binky.jpg (73KB, 272x253px) Image search: [Google]
binky.jpg
73KB, 272x253px
>>731724040
here's your binky go cry about your bipolar pussy.
>>
>>731724134
>edgy
>>
>>731723957
You are right, bpd type three has really fast alternating mood swings tho. Same with nsbpd
>>
>>731723828

Poke the animal with a stick. Yes, that's it. There's no way the animal sees everything, including every step you take. You're safe. And by you, I mean all of you. Any of you. You never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ44q_5uMM4
>>
>>731724020
Actually though, look up DSM5 diagnostic criteria for a hypomanic or a manic episode. This is why people don't actually know what it is and think that if they can be happy one moment and sad the next moment they are "bipolar", when actually they are moody attention seekers.
>>
File: helloreddit.jpg (10KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
helloreddit.jpg
10KB, 273x185px
>>731724225
>>
>>731724087
Therapy helped me to get out of that state of mind, maybe can help you too.
>>
>>731723972
I understand this. I have done many embarrassing and asshole-ish things during hypomania (not even full blown mania just regular hypomania.) and my depression does cause me to isolate. I had a lot of bad friends in my life, recently just cut off most of them.

Sometimes it's for the best. yes it will be a struggle; friends were so much easier to come by in high school. But you just have to work on socializing and yes you do have to put yourself out there. You can come by a million bad relationships before you find a good one. Just don't let the bad ones ruin it for the people that will want to be a good friend
>>
>>731724270
Bipolar III doesn't exist, its called cyclothymia. Yet another reason that most people don't know what Bipolar disorder is, people like to muddy the waters and incorrectly use terms.
>>
>>731724120
Do you really think, me having made the previous comment, that I didn't know that?

And I'm sure you know that psychopaths lead and rule in this world. From Wall St. to your street, in every way....only psychopaths have the balls to do what needs to be done.

Empathy? Haha, what a delusion.
>>
>>731724134
Go slip up do something that'll let me track back your real ip.
>>
>>731720612
It's the lack of control of energy output so you use all your neurochems too quickly then get withdrawals as well, it causes a negative psychological state which makes access to the neurochems harder and then when you finally get something good to give access if you havnt changed you use it all up again in short you have to control your appreciation to fix it and look for positive things when you're down
>>
>>731724547
Lol, just kidding pussy. That would require one second of my time. More that it's worth. This? This is just for fun. I have no regard for anything that anyone thinks. Seriously.
>>
File: 1484453535455.jpg (22KB, 476x477px) Image search: [Google]
1484453535455.jpg
22KB, 476x477px
>>731724503

>who is Winston Churchill
>who is Ghandi
>who is MLK

Come on, now. You can't be this ignorant.
>>
>>731724030
I have this problem as well. I have had color coded thoughts for years; green and red. When I'm having green thoughts, I feel like a good person and I feel nice. But when I have red thoughts I feel evil, antisocial, and easily angered. I don't know what this state of mind switching means, but it could just be mood swings. When I talk to my therapist about the red thoughts they go away for a while, so there's that.
>>
>>731724347
I'm a Clyinical psychologist, you can't begin to understand how many family doctors i had to correct about this.
>>
File: 1484441052420.jpg (34KB, 345x309px) Image search: [Google]
1484441052420.jpg
34KB, 345x309px
>>731724816

>clynical
>>
>>731724816
>Clyinical psychologist

Not a real doctor. What criteria are you using people to "diagnose" bipolar disorders, or, wait, is that outside your scope of practice?
>>
>>731724795
Interesting to know im not the only one that deals with this, i never considered them color coded, when you are having your green thoughts do you dislike your other side?
>>
>>731724492
Type three is the "non specified bipolar disorder", i work with this shit buddy.
>>
>>731724816
This must be bait.
>>
>>731724492
Cyclothimia is just depression, get your facts straight since you speak about mudding the waters.
>>
women.
>>
>>731724942

>what is a doctorate

There are many types of doctors. It's a misconception that there are only doctors in medicine because it is the most common, outside of academia. A doctorate is an accomplishment in education.
>>
>>731724740
Are you trying to make the point that psychopaths don't rule the world? And you're, further, trying to point to me as ignorant?

Sigh, let me educate you. All of the mother fuckers you mentioned are dead AND highly over fucking rated in many ways like how MLK liked to get pussy on the side even though he was supposedly a preacher. Plus that shit making people call him Dr. He wasn't a fucking doctor. Churchill was a pussy that was laughted at by FDR and Stalin at the end of WW2 so what's your point?

On my side, the psychopaths:

- Donald Trump, like him or fucking not
- Every banker on Wall St.
- Every high ranking corporate official
- How about Bill Belicheck if you want to look at sports
- If you must cite dead people, who had more impact during their time than Adolph fucking Hitler and you know he had some psycho in him...like 100%.

Hey, just fucking forget it. Think what feels good and makes you comfortable. It's a homo sapien trait and you've all got it to varying degrees. What's your prescripions...you empathetic meat puppets?
>>
>>731724983
Yes. The green thoughts are often completely opposite to the red thoughts, and is usually accompanied by a slight religious delusion. When I'm green I think of Christianity, when I'm red I think of Islam. When I'm green I have a more positive outlook, when I'm red I have a negative outlook on the world. Usually when I'm red I think I know the truth that others don't know, and I feel evil. But I always dismiss this because who wants to feel evil and negative right?
>>
>>731725278
You sound like a psychopath to me.
And you don't seem like you're running the world.
>>
>>731725278
>He wasn't a fucking doctor.
It's funny to see someone with no more than a GED deny that someone had a doctorate.
>>
>>731724942
If you are really interested i can explain that, if you are trolling i'm not wasting my time, to be clear tho, we work with psychiatrist in hospitals
>>
>>731724899
Most of us are like that tbh.
>>
File: Bipolar.jpg (840KB, 736x3664px) Image search: [Google]
Bipolar.jpg
840KB, 736x3664px
it's like this
>>
>>731724942
Clinical =\= Dynamic
>>
>>731725503
I know, I'm a psychiatry resident.
>>
my wife has it.

bipolar II

ask me amnything
>>
>>731725688
Do you beat your meat and skeet on her feet?
>>
>>731725602
so a woman
>>
>>731725278

>strawman

I did not say they were perfect. I am making a point that they strongly influenced the world without being what you define as a "psychopath". Hell, look at Lincoln. There are sick people in this world, yes, but not everyone who are, and was, a psychopath who "runs" the world. You're heavily mistaken.
>>
>>731725467
So you make your decisions based on what SEEMS to be?

You take the notion of psychopaths running the world, with relevant living examples cited, and to you it means every psychopath does?

>>731725474
And I have a college degree. And actual one, not the honorary kind. In business. And since you're so hot to tout Marty, what was his degree in and was it honorary?

Oh, and did you think that regardless of all that MLK was a huge success? If you mean getting attention and shit, yes. If you mean actually changing things for the better, you're wrong.

If MLK were alive today he'd realize utter failure in the BLM rallies and all the extreme racism from the minority base in the year 2017. They completely strayed from his teachings.
>>
File: 1493083038936.jpg (131KB, 485x614px) Image search: [Google]
1493083038936.jpg
131KB, 485x614px
One minute you want to suck a warm, dreamy creamy log if shit from Andy Sixx's asshole, the next minute you don't.

It's absolute hell because a normal brain always wants that creamcorned Sixxlog. Luckily I got a script of logpill and life is now normal
>>
>>731725657
Cool where do you live? I'm in europe and i would like to know how you and you psy team work there
>>
>>731725783
yes because i've never met a man with this retarded excuse to act a cunt whenever you feel like it
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 366x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 366x640px
>>731725247
Academia and medicine aren't even the only ones (though the most common).
>>
>>731725910
Confirmed psychopath.
>noted and logged
>>
>>731725857
I also majored in philosophy so you're going to look bad if you drag this out. I addressed the three fucking examples in the smug retort that had been presented to me above.

Oh, is that a problem?

Then I gave you an abundant list of people...you know...people who are FUCKING ALIVE in the year 2017 who rule the world and you couldn't deny that.

Let me go ahead and add to the psychopath list:

- Leadership of the catholic church
- Leadership of a lot of the other churches
- The fundamentalist muslim terrorists (in a bad way, but they get their shots in)
- How about the megalomaniacs who run Hollywood and the entertainment business?

All, by the way, alive today in the year 2017.
>>
>>731725910
If you have not actually been diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, I highly doubt you're a psychopath. You just sound angsty, edgy and delusional to be honest
>>
File: 1377191769594-1.jpg (5KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1377191769594-1.jpg
5KB, 251x240px
>>731725910
>I have a college degree.
>In business.
>>
>>731722428

This sums it up perfectly.

I hated the meds. Everything flatlined and I didn't feel human anymore.
>>
File: logdubs.png (352KB, 627x652px) Image search: [Google]
logdubs.png
352KB, 627x652px
>>731725688
>>
>>731726254
You must be trolling. You should be out killing people right now mr psychopath. Where's your millions of dollars and your power and influence? You just talk the talk. Naming people you theorize to be psychopaths does not make them actual psychopaths. You're literally being delusional
>>
>>731726089
Confirmed homo sapien meat puppet with delusions of feeling the feelings of other people...with no documentable proof...which they affectionately refer to as empathy and tout as a strength. And not a delusion. Seriously. It's funny when you think about it, isn't it. Homo sapiens in the crowd...don't panic this is not a mandate requiring you to think. Don't worry...be happy. You funny mother fuckers!
>>
>>731726347
That's funny to you? Martin Luther King had a degree in bullshitting, pissing into the wind and giving an elegant front...one that could never be maintained...to a movement of people who never wanted to leave the jungle but also don't want to return. it was bound to fail.
>>
>>731726347
Is that pic, btw, the face of the guy laughing at Columbus when he said the world wasn't flat? Cause, you know, they laughed their asses off at that one. Nah...just laugh. Ignorance is....yes, you know don't you. It's bliss. And who's more blissful than one such as yourself.
>>
>>731726831
>it was bound to fail
And yet he succeeded in all he set out to accomplish when Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law.
>>
>>731727030
Nice fedora
>>
>>731726569
I must be trolling? Really? Why?

Can you point to even one thing you've said or thought...let's widen the scope...not just in this thread but your entire life that you can prove to not be delusional. Or one that you'd dare to present to me for an argument that it was, in fact, delusion? Even one thought that's not delusional my distant relative in evolution?
>>
>>731727057
Lyndon Johnson...another psychopath! It doesn't matter to me that he also happened to be white but isn't it charming.

And,meanwhile, the spirit of his existence was forgotten and replaced by the likes of Snoop Dogg and Jay Z. There's your movement...
>>
File: 6e8.jpg (13KB, 680x299px) Image search: [Google]
6e8.jpg
13KB, 680x299px
>>731727515
>>
>>731727317
Oh the fucking wit! Leave it to the homo sapiens dammit! Brimming to the top with witty bullshit and pithy trendiness...leaving no room for that of consequence.

Or, as Tyler Durden would say....

"That's very clever. So, how's that working out for you? Being clever?"
>>
>>731727862
>unironically quoting Tyler Durden
You either only saw the movie, or you read the book and the whole message went right over your dumb head.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>731727686
Your intelligence level has not increased.

Start over.
>>
File: IMG_2326.jpg (36KB, 382x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2326.jpg
36KB, 382x308px
>>731725910
Business degree... wow, hahahaha
>>
>>731727987
Hardly. And Tyler Durden was a manifestation of disassociative personality disorder. A category of "mental illness" yes, but not placed for your consumption as ironic.

Additionally, throwing in the bit about the book was a shameless...but perhaps not needless...attempt to sprinkle a little academic glitter over your misguided diagnosis of my thoughts. That one was doomed from the outset, by the way.
>>
>>731720612
It's one of the most difficult mental illnesses to categorize because it's a huge umbrella term for a whole range of psychological issues.

This makes it very difficult to treat. I don't suffer from it, but my best friend does, and he's been through the ringer with meds and shit. Just stick with your psychiatrist, be engaged and present in your therapy, and be prepared for the first, second, third thing you try to possibly not work and have to approach the shit at a different angle.
>>
>>731725928
t. woman
>>
File: 1462724405014.jpg (37KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
1462724405014.jpg
37KB, 500x274px
>>731728419
>He thinks reading Fight Club is a symbol of academia
>>
File: IMG_5837.jpg (191KB, 1140x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5837.jpg
191KB, 1140x1600px
they are whiny bitches about it, but its basically lacking control over catastrophic thinking tendies.
>>
>>731728369
Don't enjoy it that much. I just rolled it up and smoked it, then went on to do my thing. I dare you...wait, homo sapiens...I triple dog dare you to post whatever the fuck it is you do OR you are that you consider to be significant or worthy.

I'd recommend you just run away and save yourself from the utterly crushing retort I will, undoubtedly, bestow upon you if you choose take the challenge.
>>
File: 1484437839845.jpg (30KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1484437839845.jpg
30KB, 403x403px
>>731728419

Disassociate Personality Disorder is not a "category". I'm really starting to wonder if you have the credentials that you claim to have.
>>
File: IMG_5838.jpg (235KB, 1112x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5838.jpg
235KB, 1112x1600px
reeeeeeee
>>
>>731728678
>I'd recommend you just run away and save yourself from the utterly crushing retort I will, undoubtedly, bestow upon you if you choose take the challenge.
>tips fedora
>>
File: IMG_5835.png (111KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5835.png
111KB, 540x405px
>>731728678

I triple dog dare you, faggot.
>>
File: 4chan_72d125_2279890.jpg (44KB, 579x432px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_72d125_2279890.jpg
44KB, 579x432px
>>731728597
He thinks 4chan is.

You're so fucking easy.
>>
File: IMG_2711.jpg (57KB, 430x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2711.jpg
57KB, 430x290px
>>731725910
Business degrees aren't exactly something to brag about if you're flaunting your intellect...

It's like proving your strength by publicly opening a jar or pickles.

If you get a chance maybe kys
>>
File: IMG_5858.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5858.gif
494KB, 387x305px
Kek can cure you, if you will allow Him to so do.

Faggot.
>>
>>731728711
I'm not a doctor. I do not and nowhere above did I claim to have medical credentials.

The fact that YOU suggested that I "claim to have" such credentials....

Well, that makes ME question YOUR credentials. Not your credentials in medicine. Your credentials in thinking, reading and comprehending.

On the other hand I congratulate you on selecting yet another witty pic from a dying piece of shit entertainment enjoyed by pompous and self absorbed pussies who never had the balls even to stand up to their own mommies. Uncanny choice, sapien.
>>
>>731728815
The first animal I killed was a frog. I was 5 years old and it jumped onto the sidewalk in front of me. I immediately stepped on it and crushed the life out of it to ensure it would never get in my way again.

Nice Pepe art.
>>
File: IMG_5851.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5851.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>731728711
the 'personality disorders' are though...

(?)

- secret agent.
>>
>>731728921
Yeah, that's right. I triple dog dared him. Know your audience. That's a basic concept. Come on.
>>
>>731720612
When you're depressed, you suffer
When you're manic, we suffer
>>
Sometimes I get really fucking sad and I want to die. Sometimes I'm real fuckin stoked and I spend literally all of my money. It's rough sometimes, but I make it work. I don't see a therapist or anything but I probably should. I'm managing though.

The shittiest part is that my friends and girlfriend are like hyper aware of it and over react when I'm about to get weird.
>>
>>731720710
it's a mental and psychiatric disorder like depression or schizophrenia
Edgy girls just self-diagnosis it into ridiculousness
>>
>>731729436

Do you know what a strawman argument is? I was referring to you bragging about your college education. If you're allegedly as intelligent and as educated as you claim to me, then you wouldn't be making these very simple mistakes and errors. If you claim to be as intelligent as you make yourself out to be, you wouldn't be committing these errors, even going as far as to point out your spelling mistakes.

You're full of shit and you know it.
>>
File: IMG_5821.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5821.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>731729705

Bet you're gay.
>>
It's not too bad, YOU FUCKING CUNT MOTHERFUCKER BITCH.
>>
>>731730050

yes, but you are a pedantic fag.
>>
>>731729027
I didn't brag. I mentioned it, in contrast to the bullshit degree "earned" by MLK. My degree at least required statistics, accounting, business law and other substantive course studies.

As opposed to preaching on sunday, getting side pussy on monday, protesting on tuesday, getting famous on wednesday, getting shot and killed on thursday, getting immortalized on friday, getting forgotten on saturday and..now...getting called out and mocked on sunday on fucking 4chan of all places and not one person can refute it successfully.

So you're conceeding your utter insignificance then? Not wanting to assert to me here your (real or fantasy) significance on this planet? You know I'm right, and will strip you bare if you even try don't you?

Well, at least you're smart in that.
>>
File: IMG_5848.png (124KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5848.png
124KB, 500x333px
>>731728815
>>
>>731730280
I like how this thread started by talking about bipolar disorder and ends with one autist lording his autism over us normies.
>>
>>731720612
I once had this. It totally sucks.
I was rooming with these two polish guys. Never paid the rent, couldn't speak a word of english and were generally just assholes.
>>
>>731730050
Again? As stated above I didn't CLAIM any medical credentials AND I slso didn't claim to be "as educated..." I said I had a degree that that's it but the degree doesn't mean shit.

I'm a human being and my thoughts are based on all the experiences (learning and otherwise) I've had in my life.

I experience the reality of things being discussed. My thoughts stand on their own merit and do not require me to "claim to be as intelligent as you make yourself out to be." Again, never did that. But thank you for having that observation on your own and perpetuating it repeatedly.

As for spelling, and this is classing given some of the other comments above, I don't fucking care. This is 4chan and it's stream of consciousness.

If I cared to "make myself out to be intelligent" I would care and not just blow through what I'm typing. I don't care. I'm not going to argue that I know how to spell all the words, but it would be interesting for you to balance that out with your tedious reminders that I'm smart, educated, credentialed and all the rest... but can't spell.

You either refuted your own inaccurate point or set yourself up as a buffoon. Nice work.
>>
File: avatar.jpg (22KB, 364x344px) Image search: [Google]
22KB, 364x344px
bipolar type II fag here.

No fun. No fucking fun at all. But pretty manageable nowadays. I did try to kill myself twice as a teenager. And now I'm struggling with alcoholism. But the ups are quite magical, in a way. I get very creative and write music during those periods. But also dangerous, because you risk committing to something you regret later on.

I work part time and take things day by day. And I have a nice supportive family. I try to stick with the medication and maintain a somewhat normal sleeping pattern. I avoid situations that might trigger a mood swing. You just never know when the next wave comes, so you're afraid of yourself. Over time you learn to distance yourself from your emotions and evaluate their appropriateness, but it's a struggle every day.

Jut my 2 cents.
>>
>>731731175
In the land of the retarded, autistis man is king.
>>
>>731730067
I bet you lose a lot of bets.

I won't bet on it but that's probably you in the frog costume too.
>>
>>731729571
>>731730311
>>
>>731731269
In the land of Minority Report the red ball is king. Fuck the precogs. You should watch Fight Club instead.
>>
>>731730571
I will stop IMMEDATELY if every comment after this one reverts to the flourishing psychological think-tank you'd like it to be.

Go...
>>
>>731727515
Dude you might have schizophrenia
>>
>>731731260

Also, I appear to have missed that the thread was hijacked by screeching faggots.
>>
>>731731673
>>731731687
He fucked it up. One more chance.

Keep it pithy...go
>>
>>731731779
Come on. Say something smart. Something that will make a difference.

Go.....
>>
schizoaffective,antisocial personality disorder,bipolar(helps me understand/feel emotions)
do to my life sitiation/growing up etc i became very depressed around age 7(also became sexualy active at this age, dry orgasams ect long story)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citalopram. saved my ass+ didin't get that shitty grey/blah no joy feeling
>>
>>731730280
How did you derail this shit so hard?
>>
I didn't think so. And, really, who was portraying themselves as credentialed? As smart? As worthy? Who was fucking making pharmaceutical prescription suggestion to random strangers on 4chan who may or may not be stable enough to realize it's a STUPID FUCKING IDEA to get medical advice on 4chan.

You were saying this thread was somehow on this high plane of intellectual purity and defiled my my crass observations.. Please, go on...
>>
>>731732220
The short answer?

Very easily. Unchallenged. With logic. Confronted by frogs, memes and pompous asses that were posing as geniuses who felt threatened by my presence and repeatedly claimed incorrectly that I'd claimed to be educated, qualified or even intelligent. I never CLAIMED anything. I spoke and they assessed.
>>
fucking pissing contests from grammar faggots trying to pick apart threads by setting up strawman arguments.

/b/ just isn't any good. not like it used to be.
>>
>>731732220
Severe autism has that effect on normal people.
>>
File: fedorafag.jpg (73KB, 557x711px) Image search: [Google]
fedorafag.jpg
73KB, 557x711px
>>731732530

>tips fedora
>>
File: si2.gif (26KB, 381x468px) Image search: [Google]
si2.gif
26KB, 381x468px
>>731732209
it "cured" most all of my OCD. help straigthen out bi polar(intp) manic mindset but also brought out the ,antisocial personality disorder buuuut that helped with the schizo/paranoia stuff all in all i highly recomend it
>>
>>731731779
It's a common homo sapien trait to project their inner secret insecurities onto others in criticism.

Thieves see their traits in others and are always suspicious. Liars see their traits in others and project that. Closeted homosexuals will almost always resort, in criticism, to calling someone a faggot or some variation on it.

And Autist is short hand for "Someone I'd really like to portray as less intelligent than myself but can't....but also can't admit that fact and, therefore, have to be silly...create a smokescreen with my bullshit and hope that it's not apparent...painfully...that the "autist" makes me look like a fucking chimpanzee any time I try to use logic against him. And you know it. And it makes you mad. Real mad. Doesn't it?
>>
People keep telling me I look sad at work but I don't feel that way.
I think about death/suicide like 90% of the day, but it doesn't really bother me.
I just feel really tired/bored of it all and having to laugh at everyone's stupid jokes all day is tiring when all i I want to do is finish my job go home and sleep.
So sometimes I'm I seem like I'm "happy/high energy" while most days I can't be botherd entertaining others while I make my bread.

What's wrong g with me /b/ am I just autistic/antisocial as fuck?
>>
>>731732961
>>731733099
Doesn't it?
>>
Hope all is well. When you have a moment to yourself, read this, and please know that I am so grateful to have you in my life. It was difficult for me to decide who I thought would DO this because many people claim to pray, but not everyone does. I hope I chose the right twelve. Please send this back to me (You'll see why). May everyone who receives this message be blessed. There is nothing attached. Just send this to twelve others. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, just a lot of reward. Make sure you pray, and pray believing God will answer. May today be all you need it to be. May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced before. May your joy be fulfilled, your dreams be closer and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged. I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy and a true and undying love for God. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST THE MOST HIGH AMEN Now, will you send this to as many people as you can now, not "I'll do it later." God wants to move Now!!! Amen

Luv You!
>>
>>731733236
I'm the asshole who's so smart he never claimed he was and freely made spelling errors possibly. My response to your post is this...

What do you think?
>>
The smart ass one more time. For the real people in here, hang the fuck in there and if you want a straight answer.

To the fuckers in here that didn't like that I was too, I didn't want to prove how smart I was. I was just in a bad mood and saw some pricks having fun with the bi-polar folks and thought, hmm.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB8Gj8PB554

And you were all fucking easy...and predictable. Get some new fucking material.
>>
>>731720612
Its odd for sure. When i went manic i didnt really think anything was wrong until i realized spent like 4-5k in a month on drugs and hookers. Then i kinda put pieces together of previous episodes and realized what was up.
>>
>>731733407
I haven't been in church for a long time. My concern now is distinguishing...with real intellectual honesty... the difference between "believing" and "genuinely wanting to believe."

I think a lot of people just want to believe or are afraid to contemplate the consequences of not.

Luv you too!
>>
>>731733460
Personally, I think I should just kill myself and get it over with.
I don't claim to be smart, and I definitely don't claim to be above anyone/anything.
>>
>>731722428
This guy sumed it up pretty well.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>731722222
Chek'd

There is a thing called Doctor/Patient Confidentiality.
>>
File: IMG_5802.jpg (32KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5802.jpg
32KB, 300x225px
>>731731379

... forget something?
>>
>>731733236
>>731733460
Come on dammit what do YOU think?

Are you antisocial? So much so that you can't function?

Is this all just about what the other people think of you...fuck em. They'll be in line to eat each other when the shit hits the fan...like animals.

Be you mother fucker! You aren't too damn antisocial to function now are you?

And the asshole who don't get you have their own fucking problems...probably worse than yours...that they aren't aware of or are in denial about.

So, anon, what it the fucking hell do you think? Are you a crazy fuck or should you just remember you have a set too and don't let them pigeonhole you or make you feel bad if you're not JUST LIKE THEM.
>>
>>731720612
It's the best and worst thing ever.
>>
>>731733868
Hey fucker..nope! Quit playing the game. So neither one of us is claiming to be smart or above anyone/anything. We've established it, although it has nothing to do with the point.

Do you think you're too antisocial to function? I seriously doubt it. Maybe you just don't get all the things you want and you're a little soft. Guess what, that's how it is. None of us get all we want including the approval of others.
>>
>>731733860
;)
>>
>>731734177
Yeah, forgot to challenge you to say one smart thing that's not 4chan bullshit or fucking memery.

Go....
>>
>>731734506
Logic would be a great one here. I figure if I asked that in Sunday School everyone there would immediately have a crisis of faith.

It's impossible to distinguish, isn't it? Believing vs genuinely wanting to? And it's one of the 10 commandments not to lie...I mean, if we're taking this stuff seriously. Which, if I were to take at all, I would take seriously.
>>
>>731734215
So much that I can't function?
Borderline, I can function enough to work/goto store but anything beyond that and I just shut down.
Can't carry convos, feels like I'm on fire from the inside and I just can't say anything personal for fear of judgment.
Not sad, haven't had a friend in over 10 years now, can't maintain relationships and only social interaction I get nowadays is internet and work.

>>731734502
I truthfully don't want anything.
I feel like no matter what I do I'll be a burden on others/the world and I don't like to feel that way.
Killing myself just happens to be the ultimate/only solution I can find to this.
>>
Enough of this. I came here to make you mad, at least the bullies and assholes. It's just super fucking boring and no challenge now so I don't want to make you mad any more...after that line.

You can return to your previously scheduled activities and say whatever the hell you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_SXq0zSDY

Peace out, negroes.
>>
>>731734820
It looks like you try your best to be true to yourself and not seek to be too hypocritical. Are you agnostic or nearly there even in light of your faith?
>>
>Killing myself just happens to be the ultimate/only solution I can find to this.

My wife is BP II
She holds 4 degrees and has taught college for 20 years

She has had a melt dowwn and is betwween jobs but she always keeps trying. if she didn't then I would not be with her.
>>
Wife has it and BPD. Ask me anything.
>>
>>731735458
if BPII "Soft BP" ? because I think that is a bullshit diagnosis - They should call it something else. It isn't really bipolar imo
>>
>>731735041
So you can deal with the things that cover,hmmm, food/shelter/clothing.

You're good then.

Carry on conversations? Yeah, I can relate. Maybe that's because THEY are full of shit and it kills you to have to buy into that....

And YOU are the one with a fucking problem?

I think not.

Homo sapiens are overwhelmingly the most superficial, silly, unsubstantive and (in the context of history) inconsequential beings you could design.

Don't try to become one of them. You're not. Exist in their presence and make nice. Get what you need and give if you can and you want to.

Raise your standards and choose not to be a defeated fucker defined by those who suck cheese whiz out of a can and watch bad sitcoms. Who play on their phones and express their thoughts in 160 characters or less.

It's fucking hard to be great. But do it anyway. And if you run into anyone worthy of friendship in this cavalcade of meat puppets...go for it if you want. But, in the meantime, solitude is far preferable to the company of morons and assholes.
>>
>>731735548
She has bipolar and its acronym?
Anyway, how is the relationship between you two affected by it? How do you cope?
>>
>>731735378
I believe in the existence of a creator that would be appropriate to describe as God. I also believe we have little notion of who or what God is. I think men have written many books, many that became canonized in various religious books, to fill in the blanks. It was too hard to just not know. How can we know the sun will rise in the east? That our crops will grow next year? That when the sun goes away (eclipse) it will return and the human race won't be destroyed by disease or maybe a huge rock hitting us from the sky? How can we exist without going crazy not knowing and worrying about all that? File that under God.

I think a strong argument could be made that we're living inside a simulated reality in which case the creator would be God...from our perspective. Outside the simulation...who knows?
>>
>>731735934
>She has bipolar and its acronym?
And I'm the smart ass? Haha. Diagnosis....?
>>
>>731735041
>>731735691
Take some consolation and direction in the utter lack of meaningful rebuttal this follow-up comment gets. They know. Trust me, they know.
>>
>>731720612
It's where you compulsively buy Polar bears.
I used to have it, but thanks to my bisexual Polar bear I have overcome it.
>>
>>731736200
Long and short: Highs really high, lows depressingly so.
Gotchuh.
>>
File: mic drop 2.gif (326KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
mic drop 2.gif
326KB, 580x326px
Just when it was getting, you know, real....here come those sapiens again with their irrepressible will. Probably more like a desire to be in the presence of greatness and finding a niche to fit into so what the hell...live and let live.

So the mic drop now? Yeah. Peace out negroes...again. Keep it stupid!
>>
>>731735644
Who made you a fucking psychiatrist and diagnostician?

The DSM takes a class of symptoms and applies them to categorize illnesses into definable treatment plans.

I have been around her for 5 yeaars now.
Been marrried for 2.

When I first started seeing her she his sypmtoms very wwell but as time went by she became more obvious due to stressors in her life.

There have been times I suspected her to be borderline but she is not the kind to create crisis to justify her mood swings as BPD is inclined to do.

Just FYI (and I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not). I was a liscensd social worker for 10 years and spent the bulk of that doing comuminity crisis intervention. I was the guy the cops called to set up probable cause hearings in court for involuntary commitments to the psych ward.

It was a fantastic job. fun and full of adrenaline rush. I really enjoyed schzophrenics. They really are fun and interesting folks.
>>
>>731736871
Accept your highs and lows and use them to your advantage. What do you do well when you're up? Do you do anything well when you're down or maybe you should do the Ali rope-a-dope and just lay low while you ride it out. Get the right meds from your doctor...take as prescribed and give feedback to doctor on how they're working.

So you know that the reason your lows feel so low is that your highs are something other people don't get to experience, right? Remember that when you're there.

Just cope at the extreme ends of your condition...when the symptoms max out...and live in the area in between. Minimize damage you do at the extremes so you can enjoy the rest of the time.

Realize nobody has an existence void of depression and ask, what is it that I have to be depressed about? I'm living in the most exciting period in the history of mankind. I have all my basic needs met...unlike many others in other parts of the world. I have a nice TV. Maybe a car and a steady job...air conditioning and a microwave...the fucking internet obviously....

Damn. Maybe I don't really have to be THAT depressed? And what would happen if I started buying into that idea...that I don't have to suffer and be so depressed? Would that actually maybe even change me from the inside out.

Or maybe I'm not bi-polar. Maybe I'm just irrational if I still accept that lever of depression. Nah, you're too smart for that. Aren't you? Fucker! Shape up!!!
>>
File: 52220541.jpg (32KB, 393x450px) Image search: [Google]
52220541.jpg
32KB, 393x450px
>>731737584
Oh yeah. You're welcome. Lol...you have to laugh too fucker. Look around.
>>
>>731737770
And, remember, don't worry about it big man.

Or....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfC8TgMm1X0
>>
>>731737584
>>731737770
>>731738414
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>731738674
You're very welcome. I live it too. Stake your claim in this world. Don't be defined by others. Rise.
>>
>>731738674
I'm a bit overwhelmed by your response. Maybe you should be a life coach to help give clients a really motivating pep talk if they should need it. Sorry for not matching the upbeat and grounded tone of your post, but it's a start for me. Thanks.
Honorable Mention:
>>731737770
>>731738414
>>
>>731739620
Responding to this:
>>731737584
>>731737770
>>731738414
>>731739476
>>
>>731739620
All those comments are mine so thanks. I don't believe in peptalks but I appreciate the thought.
I think that a person who'd consider themselves a life coach probably should be disqualified immediately. I believe in exposing bullshit, accentuating truth and dismissing the thoughts of those who are not actively on my side in this life.

We don't feel good all the time. We don't get every thing we want. Nobody else does. Having established that...toughen up and follow a more thoughtfully considered path. You don't need a coach. Maybe a push in the right direction but that's it.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick. So many idiots ITT.

BP1, BPD, GAD diagnosed. AMA, but I probably won't respond because this thread is fucking useless at this point.
>>
>>731740510
/thread
>>
>>731741000
Beautiful selection of examples for that comment. Needles in the haystack, to perfection. Perfect in it's irony. Let the smart ones figure it out.
>>
>>731741000
You saw that scene somewhere? Were you blessed by it?
You also said "AMA," so what do you think of the roles that talk therapy and medication play in managing if not recovering from a mental illness?
Also, where does one turn when talk therapy fails and medications (through a bad prescription or overuse/addiction) go horribly wrong, especially for males of a certain race and age according to certain events over the years?
>>
File: thanks.png (423KB, 467x614px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
423KB, 467x614px
>>731741101
>>
>>731741615
I'm the other guy. What are your answers? Are they drawn from personal experience? How do you define "success" in therapy and, really, how could it be measured accurately even?

If your patient flourishes or doesn't kill themselves?

They might not have anyway. Maybe you took them closer to killing themselves or slowed their progress with your theories.

What do you think?
What do you believe?
What do you know?
Can you distinguish?
If so, can you be honest?

We don't need it here. Just food for thought since you present such interesting points for delving into. So, let's hear it...
>>
>>731742300
Ps, if you got that info from reading you don't know anything. Not really. You have a submissive patient who doesn't challenge you. I can give my therapist more insight in one session than she got in a year of school. If not more. Because there's so much you'll never learn that way.

Don't get me wrong, you guys have your place. It's just not as high as you think.
>>
>>731741615
Are you the religion guy? The luv ya guy? You never answered any of my questions on belief vs genuine desire to believe...on God as you posed the question....none of it.

You can't come in and ask someone else if they were blessed until you clear out your questions queue. Or if you're just another blessed commenter...well excuse me!
>>
>>731722010
It makes is better that the equation is wrong
>>
>>731742906
I actually responded to another thread by re-posting in this thread. It wasn't done out of gullibility, but with the hope of improving circumstances in general with societal spots of bleak-ness being pervasive and popping up here and there.
Contd.
>>
File: Not the light!!!.gif (502KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
Not the light!!!.gif
502KB, 250x186px
Um, where'd everyone run off to?
>>
>>731743387
Ok but you didn't answer my questions after prompting me with questions of yours to begin with. Not mad, just saying.

And that last comment was a bit of a word salad. High on sprinkles and fatty dressing...devoid of anything substantive. Which, I guess, is ok with me but I couldn't just let that slide. Come on, now.

So you baffled them with your bullshit until you couldn't bullshit with your baffling anymore.
>>
>>731722428
Aye pretty much this
>>
File: you know it's true.gif (1MB, 340x246px) Image search: [Google]
you know it's true.gif
1MB, 340x246px
>>731743387
>>731743761
And pretty much this.
>>
>>731742906
>>731743387
By proxy, yeah, I am the "luv ya" guy, and what's it to ya? I would be in the "genuine desire to believe" camp, but with skeptical leanings about the whole faith thing. However, I at least took a small step to improve things for myself, and hopefully for others by posting the post that you cited with aims to take more significant and tangible steps in that direction. Man Upstairs willing, it will not be fruitlessly done in vain, ya know?
>>
>>731744070
Here's your requested response.
>>731744070
Disappointment with others is the driving force behind it despite attempting to observe "The Golden Rule" and all manner of proper decorum regarding my fellow humans and living beings.
>>
>>731744546
This is for >>731743761
>>
File: 2.jpg (139KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
139KB, 640x495px
30 years old

was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at 22

shit has ruined my life

and as for those who insist its a made up disease i just want to say i am glad you dont have to deal with this becausae frankly i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy
>>
File: say uncle.gif (992KB, 326x243px) Image search: [Google]
say uncle.gif
992KB, 326x243px
>>731744070
>>731744070
I was seeking to identify you in case you ever wanted to answer the questions I posed. You know, after you asked me probing questions above....so you could maybe drop in a few golden nuggets of wisdom....which would have been great. Or an acknowledgement that you have no answer, and truth.

So what's it to ya? Wow...that really says "love" too, by the way. You can't just pull out a few selected words from the Bible, your pastor's sermon last week and a witticism or two from your last Men's pancake breakfast and pull of making that a meaningful answer to those questions.

I'm going to let it go with the belief you do not have an answer to any of those questions and my pursuing it would merely be an attempt to embarrass you by making you try. I don't want that.
>>
>>731743761
Sprinkles on a word salad? Why not croutons? More tasty, less sugary.
>>
>>731720612
Watch shameless. Their mom is a pretty accurate representation.
>>
>>731744070
That's fine but, for the record, I asked if it were even POSSIBLE to distinguish between:

1, Believing
2. Genuinely wanting to believe

You shared where you'd put yourself,and thank you. That's cool but I think, really, that question is unanswerable.

>>731744546
Decorum only gets you so far. Sometimes you have to turn over some tables. Ya know??

>>731744640
Yes, I know. But it's false advertising...lol

You're probably a swell and well-intentioned person and I don't want to crack across the back of your knees. It's all good. There are no answers to the questions I posed. I'm probably a bad apple just for asking them to begin with so let's just let it lie.
>>
>>731745002
I'm claiming the poetic license to co-opt the word sprinkles in this case as the embodiment of all that is minute, abundant in flash, absent in nutrition.

Do I have the right to claim such poetic license. Of course I do.
>>
>>731745145
The mom is a basket case. She (and her son sho should leave the show permanently to play Jerome on Gotham) are both basket cases when they're doing a "bipolar angle" on the show.

Just the idea that crazy bitch is representative of bipolar at anything other than the biggest extreme is enough to scare the shit of someone who may or may not be bipolar or in the process of being diagnosed.

The show was ok until it played out a couple of seasons ago but, please, do not look at that woman as your idea of bipolar.
>>
>>731734820
Well, there are some of those in authority who insist that their charges, their folllowers, if not inferiors must "do as I say, not as I do" or else face the conseqiences of disobedience. And if certain things seem ridiculous or fail to come through like hoped for at first, maybe they lose the will believing or trying to in earnest.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry..." is a quote that may apply, even to following the words of the Bible, which is divinely inspired, but human written, and we continue to find our way through this wilderness at large called life despite that.
>>
I will say this, after listening to the bipolar folks talking about shit ruining their lives.

My wife who is bipolar will spend hours and days worrying about the things that other people (mostly family) do. That is her trigger. It is what causes her to get mad, and then become depressed.

What her anxiety, anger and depression stems from is just this... she want's the people around her to do what she determines is appropriate.

I tell her that a lot of her problems would disappear if she would only quit trying to control the people around her and concentrate on just doing what she needs to do.

acceptance leads to calm. calm leads to happiness. happiness leads to accomplishment which reaffirms personal view of self worth.
>>
>>731746299
I admire you for your wit, your dedication to learning and exhibiting our experience and your views about them, and even your expressed restraint in recognition that our respective expertise on religion might not match up to deliver the caliber of discourse that you're used to, but yeah, I tried and it's been real. I also saw a thread earlier today about an anon who was seeking some sort, any kind of good interaction going on say that he hasn't used his voice in days, so maybe I should follow his example and lurk more, and then interact once I really "git gud." Thanks for the interaction all the same, though, anon, despite my apparently amateur attempts.
>>731745516
>>731745776
>>731746299
>>
>>731746299
Ok..."some in authority"...I'm skipping over all that. There are all kinds of people in authority who insist things and they're often at odds. Next thought...

"...maybe they lose the will believing or trying to in earnest." Really? I hope you're sticking that ones to the aforementioned authorities. And, come on, I didn't frame the God question as ridiculous. I posed a distinction between "believing" and "wanting to believe."

I think many people claiming to believe actually want genuinely to believe and refuse to discuss that possible distinction out of fear of punishment, scorn or damnation...in their Sunday school class or the afterlife.

The best laid plans? What plan is that? Is it a way of saying...Hey, maybe you're right...maybe we can't distinguish between believing and wanting to believe...BUT WE'RE NOT ADMITTING THAT...it's one of many...MANY...possibilities in a vast world where "The best laid plans..." You could be wrong...or you could be right...or, You Can't Touch This!

Moving target mother fucker....you won't nail the religious crowd down to a specific answer on a point like that where, you know, there's all that reality and shit involved. I mean who knows? But one things for sure...we're not admitting we're wrong! And you CAN'T touch this fucker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
>>
File: Damn right cant touch this!.gif (2MB, 380x287px) Image search: [Google]
Damn right cant touch this!.gif
2MB, 380x287px
>>731747479
Can't touch this...
STOP...hammer time!
>>
>>731747479
What human is infallible? Are you posting this from Rome or its Vaticancinity?

Get it? In Rome's vicinity?
>>
Ummmm well idrk what to say about it ive lived with it since i could remember so its kind of difficult to ecplain it
>>
File: kidding.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kidding.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>731748343
In this thread, me. I'm kidding. Except in terms of rational debate, truth, reason, perspective and humility. Oh yeah, I forgot humor...cleverness...mocking of cleverness...creative use of gifs... maybe some more stuff but back to the humility one we'll skip over all those.

Outside this thread, what human is infallible? I suppose...that would depend....on how you define...the meaning of......

FAILURE.

I couldn't tell you what human is infallible without knowing your subjective, prescribed definition for failure. I'd guess if it were anyone...now that Jesus isn't walking among us...I don't know...It would probably come down to either me or Trump if humanity depended on it....
>>
>>731722010
i dont get it.
the equation is solved incorrectly. what is the relation of solving this integral incorrectly and being an INTP?
>>
>>731749064
I can explain it. Science and everything within it is about perception. We observe. And test..etc

Science is limited. Science can look at water. Assess it. Make discoveries about it's properties. But science can only understand what water is from the perspective of...

Not being the water.

And likewise psychology can only understand bipolar from the perspective of...

Not being bipolar.

And personality tests are like all the rest with science. Observation, not being. And, in that, it can only point to tendencies and not reality. And, to that extent, science and psychology are limited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMwBwFj5nQ
>>
>>731747479
So many f-words in your posts. I hope you have someone to do it with to keep yourself sane, or have some other way to put that energy to good use.
>>
>>731749632
So that means that even though a dog has a tail, it doesn't have a tail?
>>
>>731720612
People that has it should medicate or just die. the emotional rollercoaster is not worth it. and it hurts those around them.
>>
>>731750003
1. Actually saying "F-word" rather than stooping to use the word, although it's too good to pass up for a joke. Morality check - passed

2, Hope you have someone to do it with (he means fuck...he hopes I have someone to fuck). Passive-aggressive religious condescension - Check

3, "To keep you sane". Passive-aggressive religious condescension - Bonus points in case the sinful were too stupid to realize he's trying to insult me...with a smile on his face and a big handshake at the end of this evening's worship service.

4. Have some other way to put that energy to good use. Passive-aggressive religious condesension - Extra Bonus points cause this fucking clown made us religious folks look bad...well not bad, but more like incapable of logically stating our beliefs...or our genuine desire to....ohhhhh FUCK FUCK FUCK I hate that sinner! Hope those other dirty 4chan bastards didn't realize how snarky I was being.

Oh, wait, that fucker is going to expose me isn't he......

Yeah, I am. Fucker. Hope you find some way to put your fucking snarkiness and passive-aggressive tendencies to GOOD use...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqODlt-H2zo
>>
>>731750322
No
>>
File: score!!.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
score!!.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>731751032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbTQb2zRVZE
>>
>>731751401
"Luv ya guy"...be the backboard. Be the backboard, my friend.
>>
>>731751556
Also, I figured out something that's a little clarification on that "believe" versus "genuine desire to believe" for you.

This is belief. Not desire to believe. And just an example, but you can distinguish between the two. Here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epfNsk5l26U
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.