[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are losers so drawn to politics?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: images.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
10KB, 225x225px
Why are losers so drawn to politics?
>>
Politics is Hollywood for ugly people
>>
Everyone wants to be something, just like you..You cock.
>>
I will post this everyday until mods chemo this board. I will post snacks in threads that are gay. take your trap threads to lgbt faggots.
take your cuck threads to soc.
take your log of shit threads to 2chan
take your gay ama threads to plebbit
take your fb fap threads to facebook chats
take your cringe threads to rk9
take your furry threads to trash
take your kik threads to kik
take your ylyl threads to 9fag and I faggy
take your political discussions to pol
take your pics you shouldn't share threads and kill yourself op for making this thread
It's time for a purge.
>>
It makes them feel like they're part of something important when in truth their lives are meaningless. The kids on /pol/ think they personally elected Trump by sitting in Trump General threads posting awoo all day. No joke, they say so all the time. They think they have saves the white race from genocide and they're heroes to humanity.
>>
>>731239805
>being so autistic you don't fit in even on /b/
Impressive
>>
Because of what life says about smart and ugly people who start off as losers. That they'll be the ones who become most successful later in life. And in being successful, if you care about what you've earned, you'll want to protect that. And the only way to do that is by paying attention to politics.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 218x165px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 218x165px
>>731240012
opinion discarded
>>
>>731238773
Because legality and being "most" right is all they have.
>>
>>731238773
because they need someone to blame for their failures.
>>
>>731238773

Unintelligent people like to believe they are actually smarter than people with higher educations (Dunning-Kruger Effect). This bias and vulnerability means they are easily manipulated to 'ubermensch' and 'us vs them' politics.
>>
>>731239805

>HURR DURR I AM TEH HEERO THE 4CHANS DESERBS!

>Spams pointless retardation all over the place, which is actively against the rules
>>
>>731243159

You had me until you equated higher educations with intelligence.

I'll give you it if you specify STEM fields.
>>
>>731243239
what do you suggest then?
>>
what do you mean my boy??
>>
>>731243362
kys
>>
>>731243491
kk
>>
yogurt slurper
>>
>>731243326

Nope, that's idiotic.

WAY too many butthurt morons are salty about high education they didn't get so they enjoy telling themselves that college educations don't equate to higher intelligence. This is false.

People learn FAR more academic and practical skills in colleges than their major/minor and more importantly, they still take high level General Education and Social classes. This is why degrees represent WELL-ROUNDED intelligence as well as the ability to allocate time, resources, etc. and a goal-oriented mind. It is for this reason that someone with a degree is basketweaving (or Women's Studies) will STILL be selected over people who were never in college for the vast majority of positions.

Morons who bitch about "useless" degrees are kidding no one but themselves. It's "the Fox and the Grapes."
>>
File: ZoXh3V4.jpg (564KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ZoXh3V4.jpg
564KB, 667x1000px
>>731238773
Because they feel like the system isn't working for them and use that to scapegoat for their unemployment/social failures
>>
>>731243362
he needs more traps aren't gay threads to make b hip
>>
>>731243362

It's not an easy question.

The obvious academic answer is utopian at best: weigh votes to those who can prove they know what they're talking about regarding the various hot key issues.

As for a practical answer? That's much harder. For one thing, people need to STOP glorifying ignorance and "easy" racism/bigotry. The values of education and sciences must be held to a higher regard.
>>
>>731243609

Anon, I have a college degree. I also took intro level psych, and it is hilarious how pathetic of a major that is. It's literally the equivelent of memorizing a fan.wikia about mental theories. And something like 40% of college graduates have psych degrees. Every psych major I've ever met has been a huge druggie loser.

It is pathetic. And then they use their degree to pretend like their opinion matters.
>>
Because they wants to exist
>>
File: image.png (57KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57KB, 640x960px
>>731238773
>>
>>731244087

If you have a degree, at some point you have to have learned about objective and subjective evidence, right?

You have a clear bias against psych majors as well as those you perceive and being "druggie losers".

Your testimonies are 100% irrelevant due to the above.
>>
>>731244806
you win
>>
>>731244806
>If you have a degree, at some point you have to have learned about objective and subjective evidence, right?

there is a lot of degree where you don't have to learn anything
>>
>>731245155

Sure there are, Mr. Fox. Sure there are. Those grapes up in the trees may LOOK plump and delicious, but I promise you, they are sour and nasty.
>>
>>731238773
neckbeards can feel like they're winning if they attach their identity to the party in power

winning is a good feeling but something they rarely feel outside of party affiliation
>>
>>731244806

Yes! I have learned entirely about subjective and objective evidence, which is why I hate psychology!

There is no objective evidence in psychology, at all. They do not follow the scientific method, and they do not control for variables.

Psychology is inherently arguable, I can disagree with your conclusions. I can say that social anxiety disorder is just a result of smoking too much weed, not being born in the wrong chemical make up, and you can't prove me wrong! Because your entire field of research is based off of unfounded theories. Every single fruedian theory has been disproven, and every single modern theory will be disproven as well. You got a degree in tarot reading.

On the other hand. There is no a single thing you can argue with in any STEM field. You cannot argue what is being imaged and read in neuroscientific fields (You know, the field that psychology latches onto and makes wild assumptions based off of) You cannot argue what equations are being formulated in engineering, you cannot argue what anything is in science! except for psychology! because it's all a load of bullshit!

Account for variables and follow the scientific method, then get back to me, kid.
>>
>>731238773
Because they ache to be significant. Being political allows them to pretend to be making a difference when in reality they are just making things worse.
>>
>>731245278
So you mean for example someone with a degree in theological study for having taken correspondance course in a shit tier "university" have learned about subjective and objective evidence ?

Lots of degree are just scam.
>>
>you cannot argue with STEM field things

Many, MANY religious people and fake conservatives would disagree.

I do not, I think science is paramount, but the fact stands that to a lot of people and groups, any subject can be viewed from the lens of being subjective.

I would disagree with you that ALL psychology is conjecture though. Psychology is caddy-corner to sociology and neurology and centuries of knowledge regarding the 'default behaviors' and 'herd mentalities' of humans and other hominids is right FAR too often to be merely shrugged off.

Chemistry is the primary culprit, and that is CLEARLY a real science to you. Hormones, amino acid interactions, etc. drive the vast majority of "psychology". They just view it from a less technical perspective that is nevertheless relevant.
>>
>>731244806
Well if his claim of 40% of all graduates having psych degrees is correct, then that is objective evidence.
>>
>>731245957

It's a single standalone statistic. It doesn't equate to evidence of any kind.

It also appears to be false, as psychology is only the 4th most popular major--beneath business administration, nursing and liberal arts.
>>
>>731245803
No you cannot argue with STEM.
The only way to start the argument is to assume universe behaves differently when you don't observe it.
>>
>>731246769
Turns things into belief vs proof. Which is philosophy.
>>
>>731245803
>Psychology is caddy-corner to sociology and neurology and centuries of knowledge regarding the 'default behaviors' and 'herd mentalities' of humans and other hominids is right FAR too often to be merely shrugged off.

THIS.

A lot of psych stuff can seem to be BS, but those predictive analyses of human behavior are almost ALWAYS right.
>>
>>731238773
dude politics is everything, it rules every interaction through out your day

the thing is that the political establishment has succeeded in making it seem like politics doesn't matter/ i.e. sheep-mode

want a definition of politics? it is a conversation about how a society/culture/whatever should progress (this includes debates on social interactions from the micro to the macro)

but if you want, stay ignorant op and keep thinking politics is for losers
>>
>>731247011

Any herd mentality or evolutionary biology questions will be answered in due time by neuroscience. We'll be able to map out the reward and emotion systems, and see what humans experience when presented with certain situations. We'll know exactly what makes humans happy, what drives them to do certain things, what the human condition is, and what causes addiction.

Psychology is just jumping the gun.
>>
>>731247011
agreed mostly, i'd add that why's there this field bashing thing? probably the main issue with politics today is that hardly anyone from any field of thought/research/theory is paying much attention to other fields

we need a more holistic view if humanity's gonna progress out of History
>>
>>731247235
word, psychology as it stands relies on all kinds of biological and/or evolutionary essentialism that assumes too much about the human animal and/or its mind
>>
>>731238773
u one of those folks say they don't care or think politics is stupid? so basically you just wanna sit around and let history happen around you and watch. drawn to politics cause it tells me what tmrw might look like or helps think abt how people gonna act based on the past. you're the one losing out dawg.
>>
>>731239943
lmao, obviously a nihilist cuck

just cause anything existing at all might be relatively meaningless doesn't mean you gotta not care about what's happening around you, why you gotta hate on people wanting to feel part of something bigger? get over yourself
>>
>>731238773
I care about politics so hopefully my children will one day not have to care about politics.
>>
>>731239805
maybe care more about making good threads instead of deleting ones you don't like

alternatively you could just leave this website, problem solved. or start your own image sharing website
>>
>>731247868

fucking this
>>
>>731245464
i agree with you here except be a little cautious with your claims of scientific objectivity in STEM

even with the most rigorous methodology, there are always ways to interpret and/or re-frame data to suit various hypotheses. a lot of essentialism goes on which we have to always resist if we want to to be good scientists/thinkers/people/whatever (though i think you know this just want to add for people reading these)
>>
File: iu-20.jpg (20KB, 289x372px) Image search: [Google]
iu-20.jpg
20KB, 289x372px
>>731247868
>>731248377
>>
>>731238773
personally I'm very interested in politics but i don't pretend to understand certain aspects of it that i feel im illiterate to, so i have my views but im not that openly opinionated about situations, i like to reserve judgement until i feel i fully understand whats happening. i do think its important to keep up with current events just because so many crazy shit happens that go over the general publics head just because theyre so distracted with their own individual lives. decisions that could effect them and the whole world now or in the long run are happening daily and i personally think people should be made aware of what aspects of their lives are potentially at stake. I was a history student in high school so i loved history and to me everything happening now in politics is going to be history, whether what lies a head is gonna be good or bad we have the power to shape our destiny and history
>>
>>731243491
You spelled an hero wrong, and proved the sperg's point.
>>
>>731249673
ying
>>
>>731238773
Read Eric Hoffer's The True Believer
>>
>>731247135
Lost me at sheep-mode.
>>
>>731245464
>muh positivism
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.