[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22yo male, just finished masters degree in mathematics and am

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 1473017289735.jpg (46KB, 670x501px) Image search: [Google]
1473017289735.jpg
46KB, 670x501px
22yo male, just finished masters degree in mathematics and am in second semester of teaching math for liberal arts at local university.

Because they are liberal arts, I get a lot of females most of whom are 18-20 freshmen. Many of them flirt with me and I slightly engage but not more than that.

Question: is it okay to have relationship with students seeing as they are only 2-4 years younger?
>>
>>731047779
>Faculty won't see it that way.
>Women talk
>You will be accused of corruption or favouritism

Don't do it. You want 18 - 20yo pussy go get it outside your course or outside the university.
>>
>>731047779
Legally: No
Morally: Yes
>>
>>731047779
They'll retroactively remove consent and you'll get thrown in prison for """"""""""""""rape"""""""""""

Look back on your life and think about the decisions that lead to this. You should feel bad.
>>
>>731048615
what ? why is it legally not ok... WTF
>>
File: 1475624796004.jpg (1009KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
1475624796004.jpg
1009KB, 3504x2336px
>>731047779
No Anon. That's bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>731047779
>22
>masters degree on mathematics

wow you have achieved something. my respects.
>>
>>731047779
Since you are in a liberal art college, majority of the women there are feminist "mah patriarchy" type of bimbos.
shit-tier, trash stock chicks, me thinks
prolly come after you with a rape charge
>>
>>731049347
Most of them are dumb blonde, cheerleader, sorority types.

>>731049123
Thanks broseph.

>>731048856
Retroactively remove consent? Is that a thing or some meme I'm not aware of?
>>
>>731049106
Who the fuck did the horrible work of censorship that appears on that image, kek.
>>
>>731047779
really nigga? don't be a pussy please
>>
>>731048917
Because it's illegal for teachers to have sex with their students. It's against the law and if people find out you will go to jail. It's seen as abusing your position of authority. If you don't know that I don't think you would be able to get a masters.
>>
>>731049504
Feminist want it to be a thing, that is the fucked up world we live in today.
>>
>>731049504
Just because most of them aren't fat with pink hair doesn't mean they aren't feminist SJWs
>>
Legally no
But most schools have a policy against faculty+student relationships
>>
>>731049626
dude, i read the law in my country because i am teacher and i could fuck them if they are 16+.
Youre not allowed to abuse your position of authority, but they are old enough so technically its nor abusing anything in a normal situation
>>
File: 1488657909043.jpg (38KB, 480x521px) Image search: [Google]
1488657909043.jpg
38KB, 480x521px
>>731049552
What's it to you, pal?
>>
>>731049504
>Is that a thing or some meme I'm not aware of?
It's an official concept in some European countries I believe, but all she'd really have to do to achieve the same effect is just tell the cops you raped her. Not a hypothetical. Don't think it won't happen to you. I don't know why in the fuck you thought a liberal arts college was a good idea, but it's a minefield for that kind of shit.
>>
>>731049626

That generally applies to legal age high school students having sex with their teachers (and also cops and other professions), but not college professors.

College is usually legal to sleep with students. But the university might frown on it and terminate your employment.
>>
>>731049947
Different anon and math colleague here. It is 100% legal but you put your job at risk, if voices will spread uni won't like them. Fuck them after they've no more classes with you. Just tell them that to go out with you they'll have to pass the class first.
>>
File: IMG_3380.jpg (68KB, 435x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3380.jpg
68KB, 435x569px
>>731047779

Why the fuck are you studying instead of smoking erry day

Faggot

Live a bit
>>
>>731049983
Wait, is it you taking pictures of yourself at different locations?
>>
>>731050435
dude studying is way cooler than smoking and wasting yourself. go away, hippie.
>>
>>731050435
Because if you don't study you're going to be "Livin it" In a dead end job you really don't enjoy that gives you almost no money to buy or do anything. Fuck that.

Realize what you're throwing away if you don't stay on top of your studies. Your life is going to suck dick for decades if you don't get that shit in order.
>>
>>731047779
If you are both of age there is no problem. Fuck age gaps.
>>
>>731050435
I did my studying now I get to smash 18yo pussy and make 300k starting.

>>731050106
Wow Europe is cucked.

>>731049947
Am I abusing authority if they come to me though?
>>
>>731051136

no youre not. abusing authority is something like this:

>suck my dick and you will pass

implying they will give better marks for any kind of "love" is abusing.

psychological tricking with your role as teacher is abusing...

you get the idea ?
>>
File: kizn2glw.jpg (271KB, 1680x960px) Image search: [Google]
kizn2glw.jpg
271KB, 1680x960px
>>731050546
Yes. No. Maybe.
>>
>>731047779
Just lead them until the semester is over and they aren't your students anymore
>>
Post seeds when students. Bang after semester over.

Occasionally fucks and sucks for B's (A's too obvious)
>>
>>731053760
Same with legal clients. Flirt support hot ones, take care of current case, bang while secretly withdrawing future representation, ????, profit
>>
>>731047779

I know someone who made the mistake of doing what you're suggesting.

The good part: He enjoyed the flattery and attention from a load of impressionable freshmen. Lots were hot.

The bad part: He grew pretty paranoid and ultimately felt really in danger of getting in shit. The risk just isn't worth the reward

Consider: Don't do anything with them til they leave your class, and then consider keeping touch with one or two. IF it's within your uni regulations (please read them) you might be able to get away with this.
>>
>>731047779
Just wait until they're done with your class so there can't be any claims of favoritism.

Just be ready to go to prison for rape after getting a blowjob.
>>
>>731050921

>dead end job
>>>implying I'm employed

Nice assumption douchebag
>>
>>731054590
Nigga what the fuck?

What the fuck nigga?
>>
File: career.jpg (62KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
career.jpg
62KB, 480x640px
You might as well fuck them until you get your untenured-ass fired.

"Mathematics" is generally a directionless, unmarketable profession outside of academia. You might as well fuck them until you get your untenured ass fired because you're going to have to go back to school to move beyond teaching anyway.

Or just keep your dick in your pants and accept your career with a bit of alcoholism.
>>
>>731047779
Nothing wrong with it.

Unfortunately the uni probably won't see it that way.

May I ask a math question? It's not an actual homework problem, just something that always puzzled me regarding linear algebra.
>>
>>731055116
>mathematics unmarketable

dude....you have no clue.
>>
>>731047779
>masters at 22
How?
>>
>>731050672
This. Especially when it's mathematics.

Although I have found that, on occasion, taking a hit or two can actually help me wrap my mind around some of the more abstract concepts.
>>
>>731055314
I'll ask it anyway, and hopefully you or someone else can answer

My question has to do with the concept of dimension or "direction in space", when considering a linear system as a system of equations compared to a linear combination of vectors.

I guess specifically what I'm curious about is: given an arbitrary linear system, why is the concept of "direction in space" sort of contained / stored in the variables when considering the system as linear equations, but then is stored in the vectors when considering the same system as a linear combination of vectors?

I know its sort of a strange question, so I'll phrase it using a more concrete yet still general example. Consider a linear system of three equations in three variables, where each equation is of the form (a_i)x + (b_i)y + (c_i)z = d_i. For convenience, and so that we may get some nice geometric intuition, suppose also they represent three distinct planes in R^3 (so we have linear independence). In the context of the system representing planes in space, it seems to me that dimension/direction is sort of "stored" in the variables x, y and z. Now this same system of 3 equations in 3 unknowns can also be expressed as a linear combination of vectors: x<a_1, b_1, c_1> + y<a_2, b_2, c_2> + z<a_3, b_3, c_3>. Here direction of course is stored in the vectors themselves; the three variables that stored direction in the context of linear equations now simply scale the vectors.

and it gets even more bizarre when you consider that, considering the system as linear equations of planes in R^3, we can express each plane as a vector equation by dotting any vector parallel to it with
>>
>>731055389
He's 22 with a masters in math, went right into teaching math, and can't figure out how to fuck women in his age range. I can basically guarantee he's done fuck all outside of academia related directly to math.

This isn't some Will Hunting motherfucker, this is some dude with one niche marketable skill and no life experience.
>>
>>731055468
Probably Asian
>>
>>731055116
I thought this was bait but then i realized you're just uniformed.

Have you ever heard of an actuary? A data scientist? Risk analyst?
Those are a few examples of top notch jobs that when hiring managers see "BS/BA Mathematics" automatically think more highly of you. Now imagine "M.Sci Mathematics".

In my experience mathematics opens almost unlimited doors for you, IF you take advantage. If you're like you then yes you would generally be unmarketable and directionless.
Just because your'e not capable of using (or even getting) a mathematics degree to it's full potential doesn't mean that everyone else is as lost as you.

Not trying to get your goat, but did you attempt anything with mathematics and then flunk out out or had to teach because you weren't offered a job anywhere else? You sound awfully bitter.

>Source: Current senior actuarial analyst for Transamerica that specifically hires Mathematics people.
>>
>>731055116
33yo Mathematician here working in Industrial Engineering. Started working at startup which turned out to be successful and was sold after 6 years. My share was 4 million US$ after taxes. Currently enjoying life, probably never have to work again. Tell me more about my useless profession.
>>
>>731056081
jealous much?
lmao

why so bitter bud?
>>
>>731056081
you just sound jealous.

hes 22
with a masters degree.
in mathematics

>what is your problem
>many ppl are neet at this age....
>>
>>731056352
>jealous much
No, just stating the obvious within a a chain thread where I already gave my advice. Cool projecting, bro.

>>731056372
see above
>>
>>731056173
>le Asians are god at math maymay
>>>/plebbit/
>>
>>731056821
>This right here kids, is why you want to get an education.
>>
>>731056875
Sorry if I offended you ling ling.
>>
>be me 23
>do IT for an all girls high school
>girls flirt with me constantly
>keep everything professional because dont want to be fired/jailed
>sniff their packets
>awaiting the day something juicy comes through
>mostly just boring facebook sessions
>>
>>731057029
>Sniff their packets

Sides=>orbit
>>
>>731056950
>baby's first greentext
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.