[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to disprove the existence of God?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 49

File: checkmate.jpg (52KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
52KB, 526x526px
Is it possible to disprove the existence of God?
>>
Is it possible to prove it?
>>
>>731040723
I don't know. Can atheists define atheism?
>>
File: UR5JsTZ.jpg (57KB, 506x379px) Image search: [Google]
UR5JsTZ.jpg
57KB, 506x379px
SIMPSONS DID IT
SIMPSONS DID IT
SIMPSONS DID IT
>>
>>731040723
Is it possible to prove anything that's been proven as proof?
>>
/thread
>>
>>731040845
Use a dictionnary
>>
You can't disprove a negative, although admitting that they themselves can't prove that God exists is quite a bit of progress and has the added bonus of an admission of defeat.
>>
>>731040723
Define God with a hypothesis that is within the scientific method and well see. Note that before we had the scientific method we were toiling in pest and rot ridden farmlands.
>>
>>731041225
We can't. This is a person who can turn water into wine. How can you use the scientific method to explain that?
>>
>>731040723
You are under the impression that your silly social constructs can mirror the universe as it is. It's just as ridiculous as a dog or any other species with a limited capacity for understanding the entire nature of reality. Not going to happen. It's really a task left to mental-midgets.
>>
>>731041418
No, your'e wrong. He didn't do that. Jesus was a prophet of Allah, Allah did it
>>
>>731041225
Lol. Ee had progress in the world prior to the use of the scientific method. But good try.
>>
>>731041593
Ok, let's say he was. how would you prove that with the scientific method?
>>
>>731040723
fuck you
>>
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A lot of the things in the bible can be disproved. Age of the earth, the firmament, intelligent design, and whatnot.

>>731041418
Well, why hasnt there been anymore easily provable miracles since Jesus's time?

Also, can we not disprove other mythical claims? Like the existence of Asgard over a rainbow bridge? Or that Hercules was able to divert a river? Or that Osiris taught humans about farming wheat?
>>
>>731040723
probably. but why? I have ben an atheist my whole life and I wish I was a theist. atheism ruin my life
>>
>>731040723
Would anything in your pathetic life change if you knew for sure the existence (or non-existence) of a deity?

Apatheism is the way to go.
>>
File: 1491414071144.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1491414071144.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>731040723
>>
>>731040723
If there is a god, why do niggers exist?
>>
>>731040723
how did eve birth all these different color faggots if that's how it happened?
>>
>>731040723
The burden of proof lies with the claimant
The burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimantThe burden of proof lies with the claimant

People on criminal trial are not asked to disprove their guilt.
>>
>>731041799
>Well, why hasnt there been anymore easily provable miracles since Jesus's time?

Well, because they're miracles; the very notion of someone turning water into wine sounds ridiculous, but given that, I'm not a fool, this would also imply that all the other miracles in Greek and Egyptian mythology can't be proven or disprove either. Bummer. Right?
>>
>>731040723
Not really, but you can disprove most religions.

For example Judaism appears around 200 BCE, Christianity around 400 AD, and Islam around 600 AD (I might be off by a few centuries on these religions). All of these religions worship the same God, but assert that belief in the others will damn you. So assuming one of these three is correct, what happened to everyone living before 200 BCE? Did they all go to hell, or did they get a free pass to heaven? Why did God wait so long to reveal himself? If Islam is correct, then why didn't he give the Jews and Christians the right instructions?

Anyone who believes in any man-made religion lacks the critical thought so see all the holes
>>
File: ATHEIST.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ATHEIST.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>731040723

nobody who understands history and the context of religion would bother getting into even discussing disproving the existence of something that we already know is not real.

it's like arguing with someone to prove or disprove the existence of Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>731042298
lel
>>
>>731042197
If they cant be disproved, why don't you worship the Greek gods? Or try to die in glorious battle to be let into Valhalla? Or the literally countless other religions?

Or is the religion you grew up with convinenty the only real one?
>>
>>731041418
That's the point of it.

>>731041666
But the boom came with the scientific method.
>>
>>731041666
>>731042544
Oh, and we real advancement came from Asia. The middle east just collected the information, like the Arabic numerals actually are Indian. Asian religions isn't the same as western religion.
>>
File: IMG_2527.png (691KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2527.png
691KB, 1334x750px
>>731040723
Let's just say, thanks to modern "religion" most people will never find true spirituality. Also, whether you see the world as good or evil, or yourself, because humans can be good or evil, depending on who we are. The path to higher spiritual levels is always one way. I personally live life with a philosophy of free will and choosing good or evil, but I consider the True Way to be neither good nor evil.
>>
>>731040723
>Is it possible to disprove the existence of God?
This retarded reasoning is the entire reason why the Fly Spaghetti Monster exists.

Atheists can't prove the existence of the FSM, but Christians can't disprove it either.
>>
>>731042813
>higher spiritual levels
What does that mean?
>>
>>731040723
>Hey prove this negative xD

Fucking retard
>>
Conservation of mass/energy
matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed
therefore everything in existence had to come from something else that once existed.
This holds true for everything we encounter.
Except the singularity, the single point that contained all the matter in the known universe.

Where did this single point come from? God.
The one thing in existence that existed before our universe existed, the creator of our universe.

This god could be the christian god or allah or HaShem

It could be the multiverse itself, or we could all be a very complex computer program and some alien from adion perciot 8 is our god because he started the program.

There is a god.
The real debate is if that god is one of these religions or just some chemical reaction that happened to jump start the universe.
>>
>>731042064
they kinda are, but I guess.
they are called the defendant after all.
>>
>>731043037
>Where did this single point come from? God.
Prove that.
>>
>>731042920
Higher understanding. It's like leveling up your soul, or leveling DOWN your ego.
>>
> ITT: Faggots without basic understand of logic
> "if proven then true is equal to if disproven then false"
> Not seeing the most basic of flaws
> gj faggots
>>
I can PROVE God exists. 100%. Its not even that hard. Ask yourself, "does Frodo Baggins exist?" You might say "No, he's a fictional character" but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. The very fact that you know about him means that he does. He just exists in a state in which we cannot directly interact. Then ask yourself the same question of things like Truth, Justice, Peace, Love, Compassion. These things exist, but in the same way as Mr. Baggins, as Ideas. To this you must ask, "Does Information truly exist?" Because that is all Ideas are, information contained within our brains. And Science has proven that YES, information not only exists, but has a REAL TANGIBLE, MEASURABLE, EFFECT UPON THE WORLD.

God exists as an idea within our minds, thus god=information and information=true, so God=True.
>>
>>731041747
Well if he was around it would be simple, you give him a glass of water and then observe that there is now wine inside the glass
>>
no atheist argues that point
>>
>>731041666
nice trips
>>
>>731040723
When you make a claim, you have to try and prove it correct first, then someone else has to disprove it after that. Not before.

That's how academic discourse works.
>>
>>731043117
I did, I explained what/who god is literally right after that. Finish reading.
>>
>>731040723
No, because then you have to disprove the entire world because God is the Creator
>>
>>731043136
What is higher understanding and I don't know what a soul is.
>>
>>731041809
so you would rather be a fucking normie
>>
>>731042813
What is spirituality.
>>
>>731040723
Is it impossible to disprove the existence of Winnie the Poo?
>>
>>731043207
You've missed the point.
You cant assert the universe has a cause without evidence that shows that its impossible it cannot be.
>>
>>731043281
I dunno man, it's like thinking so much you get wisdom from all the shit that doesn't work
>>
>>731043157
because a blind man thinks a zebra is completely black that means that's true?
>>
>>731042006
melanin and equator brainlet
>>
File: 20170420_223806.jpg (206KB, 644x650px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_223806.jpg
206KB, 644x650px
>>731040723
Is it possible to prove Santa Claus doesn't exist?

Or the tooth fairy?
Or Spiderman?
Or Bigfoot?
Or Thor?
Or the Ju Ju mountain nigger god?
>>
>>731043163
That wouldn't work. Wasn't there a place in the bible where Jesus specifically says "I'm not going to make shit happen just because some humans want me to prove something to them"?
>>
>>731043446
Wisdom: the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
>>
>>731043448
Why don't you try again with a better metaphor, you may be onto something but your shit attempt at the english language is preventing you.
>>
>>731040723
It's impossible to prove a negative, gr8 b8
>>
>>731043433
You didn't say what you wanted to say.

>you cant assert the universe has a cause
so we just appeared here?
>>
>>731040723
None of you fedora tipping faggots will actually check it out, but read about monism and polytheism from Hinduism. Now check out "maya" from Hinduism. Then watch this video about "strata of reality" and the illusion of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jWNohihsMk&t=11m32s
>>
>>731043623
I don't know.
>>
>>731043666
Look here satan.
Law of conservation of mass is a law.
that means its true 100% of the time.
This includes when the universe first began.
the singularity had to come from some where. Wherever it came from, its god.
>>
>>731040723
Because there is a complete and utter lack of evidence that god exists, we can make the sound inference that he does not exist. It is not a deductively valid argument, because it could be possible there is a god that just hides all evidence of his existence and causes pain and misery for shits and giggles, but it's a way better argument than the opposite. Occam's razor and all that, it's way more likely there is no god because there is no evidence than that there is an omnipotent god that hides his existence, causes pain and suffering, and is still involved enough to provide an afterlife and dictate a specific lifestyle in order to reach said afterlife.
>>
Depends how you define God.

A lifeform that can control everything that happens in the universe? It's possible I suppose.
>>
>>731043037
why do faggots assume it HAS to be a god,
God is a lazy answer
>>
>>731040723
There's no objective information to verify the possibility of God being real or not. We don't know if it's possible to prove or not because we can't completely define the properties of what does exist, and the boundaries of what can or can't exist in our universe and beyond. It's easy to entertain the idea that the existence of God is possible but this is a logical error.

Agnostic atheism isn't the affirmation nor the denial of a God, or any other omnipotent being. It's the acknowledgement that we don't have the means to prove either argument, and that until evidence is brought forth, neither argument can be regarded as true.

Believe what you want, but beliefs have no place in objective arguments.
>>
>>731043784
>that means its true 100% of the time.
unless we come to discover later that its false. Which could very well have been the case when the universe began because the laws of physics change when you scale up to when you scale down.
>>
>>731040723
No not possible and as long as they make those gay ass shows with the kids who remember past lives bullshit it never will be;.

Though just to make my opinion very clear. I think atheists are fucking pussies who never got any pussy in high school. Since every atheist I know is one of those "woe is me" "the world is against me" kinda fags who are still virgins in their 20's. I personally am not an atheist though I dont stick to any religion personally I believe there is some sort of divine power in our universe that can not be understood by man. But yeah. Most atheists are just fucking neckbeard pussies who hate the world.
>>
>>731040723
of gods? no. of God, quite possibly

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
>>
>>731043784
>the singularity had to come from some where
How do you know this?
>>
>>731043897
god is just placeholder for whatever it is.
I even said it could be the multiverse aliens or we could all be a computer program.
Just whatever created the universe is "god"
but something had to create the universe.
>>
>>731040723
Proving a negative is impossible but that only concerns absolutely certainty.
I believe that it is possible to disprove gods existance beyond a reasonable doubt, basically if you are a reasonable person you should not believe something with no evidence.
>>
>>731040723
Why would we need to? That's like trying to disprove that imaginary friends exist. Oh waaait.
>>
>>731043969
because of the law of conservation of mass.
>>
>>731044014
a ultimate being is a lazy answer

Howabout that
>>
>>731044014
Why do you need a placeholder for an unknown?
>>
>>731043957
r'amen
>>
What most of y'all seem to miss is that instead of trying to (dis)prove the *Christian God*, a much more pertinent question would be if we can (dis)prove *a god*. The Christian God is easily disproven since the Bible's entire narrative is cobbled together from other stories (e.g. the Gilgamesh epic), folklore and cultural habits from the regions, after which it got spiced up and embellished by people who claim to preach truth. Long story short: the Christian God is made up nonsense.

However, proving or disproving the existence of a god, let's say in this case defined as an omnipotent entity with powers of creation, is a lot harder: we currently have no proof of it, but neither do we have the tools / methodology to prove the existence of said entity. That also, however, that we lack the means to falsify or disprove the existence of such an entity, due to a variety of reasons; chief amongst them being that an entity of such a higher level of existence is impossible to comprehend for us lower lifeforms and thus hard to define, study, or even conceive. If it does exist, its mindset is most likely completely alien to is, if we can even speak of a mindset at all; that's a human word, a human fabrication.

In the end, the scientific method is a framework of theories and methodologies to prove and disprove things, but also a guideline on when to start and stop asking questions, and even more importantly: realize which questions are relevant to ask and answer. Considering we cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a god, at least for now, it is a grey area, a moot point, and that's all it is for now. The absence of evidence is not always evidence of absence, and if we also have to understand where our (current!) limits of scientific analyses lie. If only so those limits will inspire us to create the tools to overcome these limits.
>>
It's better to be agnostic. You don't give a damn either way. Fuck atheists.
>>
>>731044069
well I never said ultimate being.
I don't know what created the universe, only that something had to create the universe
>>
>>731044068
Do you know what happened before the big bang?
>>
>>731040723
You can't prove a negative,dumbass
>>
>>731040723
Right now there is a dimension right next to us that consists of only living fruit that kill each other to gain social notoriety.

You see this claim is so absurd, but because it is out of our perception to dictate whether it is possible or not, it is useless to argue over it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but such inane claims are jus tthat. inane
>>
File: 1493250860545.jpg (263KB, 960x837px) Image search: [Google]
1493250860545.jpg
263KB, 960x837px
>>731040723
maybe god exists.

maybe werewolves exist.

you can't disprove it, lib-cucks! therefore god exists.
>>
>>731044128
your basically defining a ultimate being

Are you autistic?
>>
Yes, you just have to use Occam's Razor and point out the likelihood that 'god' is specifically a man-made concept. OR use biological/historical science to introduce a world of complexity that shatters the pretty picture/stories of religious texts.
>>
>>731043957
What if god is like the DM at a game of D&D? He could just dictate to you a story in which nothing bad ever happened to anyone and everything was exactly how he wanted it.

But that would be the worst game ever.

Instead he created, or co-opted, a set of rules in which randomness intersects with the individual will of the participants. If the dice only gave you good results, then it wouldn't really be random then would it? This gives you an organic experience that can become something new to both players and DM.

God is creating art by letting it grow.
>>
>>731042242
/thread
>>
>>731044073
The idea is that the way most people see god has the least common denominator of "created the universe" so in a since as long as the universe has a creator there is a "god" god in this case just being whatever or who ever created the universe. we can say that the universe was created because we are here. even if we just appeared here the universe itself would be god for creating itself.
>>
>>731044126
>this

The debate just always gets sidetracked because the main proponents of "God" are a bunch of idiots that believe in the bible as historical fact.
>>
>>731044225
>when you've been DMing all night and you've had a little bit too much mountain dew
>>
>>731042468
>Or is the religion you grew up with convinenty the only real one?

I've had personal leniencies towards the Christian faith, but yes, its more than likely if I were born in a different culture than I would be that cultures most predominant religion.
>>
>>731043969
>>731044154
We exist, if we exist we must have been put in existence. even if we just magically appeared that makes the universe god for creation itself.
>>
I think we all must be god
>>
>>731044213
no you just lack reading comprehension
I said "god" could be aliens a computer programmer, the universe itself OR some ultimate being. "god" could even be some chemical reaction in another universe that started our universe.
>>
>>731044392
>KNEEL AND WORSHIP ME MORTALS
>I HOLD OMNIPOTENT POWER OVER YOU ALL
>Jerry calm the fuck down, you're gonna wake your mom up
>FUCK YOU TOM, A LIGHTNING BOLT STRIKES YOUR CHARACTER AND HE DIES
>No it didn't, don't be a dick Jerry
>NOW HE'S IN HELL BEING RAPED BY ASMODEOUS
>Man fuck you Jerry, im leaving
>WAIT NO, THEN I WON'T HAVE A FULL PARTY
>>
File: 1490811557202.jpg (259KB, 620x611px) Image search: [Google]
1490811557202.jpg
259KB, 620x611px
>>731043635
Oh yeah, once you're done think about the phrase "All in All".

>>731044225
God's infinite intelligence created art by creating the basic rules of particles. Proteins and other bio-building blocks can only exist because of that. Microbes only exist because of those, which at our scale work in autoimmune capacities and we rely on them. The beautiful and infinite order from simple rules is very telling of intelligence for something like a "GOD".
>>
>>731044379
In all fairness, it's easy to get distracted since the word god (singular) nearly always refers to the Judeo-Christian god. If we'd use gods (plural), it'd be harder to pin down what we're talking about. As a scientist I do try to look beyond that though, it's not really interesting to argue things we've already argued about endlessly. It's much more interesting to look at hypotheticals and move forward: for instance, how would such an entity experience consciousness?
>>
>>731042813
spirituality has been smeared so hard in human history by people who choose the wrong way. Spirituality isn't coming to peace with your "soul" or whatevr it's not religious but it is something people need to focus on. Psychidelics do open neural portals or transport you to higher dimensions.
MRI scans while on dimethyltryptamine show that these "hallucinations" are very much not a manufacturing of the mind as the occipital lobe is actually percieving these images.
Millions report seeing the same strucutres and being guided by the same entities.

There's something bigger than us, like high dimensional beings that try to guide us away from the havoc of our capitalist industrialized nations which kill that which has gifted us life.

So spirituality is not praying to a god or about your alligned shakras or other hippy bullshit it is about listening to this mysterious reality that, if all of mankind can shut up and understand, history would be a lot more peaceful
>>
If atheism were true than the Bible would not be true.

Genesis 1:1 is where the earth was created, and if atheism was true then that would not have happened.

The fact we exst is the fact that Genesis 1:1 happened because without being created we would not exist
>>
>>731044506
>said the stoned internet shaman, as he marvelled at the complexity of his hand
>>
God is not dead...you fucking imbeciles.
>>
>>731044127
>It's better to be agnostic. You don't give a damn either way. Fuck atheists.

But then it would just make you a fence-sitting pussy. Either way, you get shit for your beliefs. Welcome to humanity!
>>
>>731044681
You say that like the Human hand isn't a piece of art unrivaled in all of the animal kingdom.
>>
PEople are blind to spirit world because they don't believe in God.

BUT WHEN YOU START DOING WORK FOR GOD

WHEN YOU BECAME A THREAT TO THE DEVIL, LOOK WHAT CAN HAPPEN (actual demonic attack)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDbsnCpg-k
>>
File: libertarians.png (17KB, 373x330px) Image search: [Google]
libertarians.png
17KB, 373x330px
>>731044727
>>
File: 1491163222501.jpg (64KB, 686x488px) Image search: [Google]
1491163222501.jpg
64KB, 686x488px
>>731044742
+1
>>
>>731044727
agnostic means you see the logic behind not believing in God, but your brain is programmed to not disagree with people who may have a higher social status than you and believe in God
>>
>>731044780
>if I believe, God should protect me from the devil
>if I don't believe, the devil should have no issue with me
Either way I'm safe. Of course, you're kind of stupid for think the devil is a physical being.
>>
>>731044681
He could be right in a way. I mean we're all litterally the center of the universe and we're all made of stars and the same stuff that was the singularity.

If the universe jsut randomly appeared one day, that would make the universe its own creator.
therefor the universe is "god" and we are made up of the universe, we are sentient parts of the universe... there fore in a way we are all god...

If the initial claim that the universe randomly poofed into existence is true.
>>
>>731044476
>if we exist we must have been put in existence
More bald assertions.

If you redefine god as everything then the conversation ends. Any explanation can be called "god" at that point and it becomes a useless label. If the universe created itself why would we call that god, it just adds confusion at your convenience.
>>
>>731040723
Theological noncognitivism.

Its wasteful to argue about something with an unclear definition.
>>
>>731044984
but arguing is all i know
>>
>>731044727
>fence-sitting pussy

Not really. Agnosticism isn't neutrality, or indecisiveness. It's the acknowledgement that neither argument is supported by objective fact, and that stating that either is true is logically invalid.

Too many people have the same misconception you do since the argument is extremely polarizing and most people fall on opposite extremes of it.
>>
>>731040723
it isn't currently possible to prove or disprove so both beliefs are fucking retarded
>>
>>731044890
No you are not safe friend

MATTHEW 10:28 says to NOT be afraid of those who can kill the Body but the ONE Who can put you in hell

Hebrews 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living GOD.....

THE FEAR OF GOD is the beginning of Wisdom (Prov 9:10)

You better be scared of the devil while you are on earth. But let me tell you something, nothing the devil can do to you is close than what the Living God can do to you for eternity. There is only ONE WAY to be saved, friend. Do you know what way that is?
>>
File: 1454792869881-0.jpg (171KB, 543x936px) Image search: [Google]
1454792869881-0.jpg
171KB, 543x936px
>>731044984
What if I worship the set of all physical laws and mathematics? I define that as "God" like the operating system of the universe.
>>
>>731044818
That's because I am superior to all you fuckers. I only browse 4chan once a week.

>>731044873
>agnostic means you see the logic behind not believing in God, but your brain is programmed to not disagree with people who may have a higher social status than you and believe in God

Are you implying that because of your definition of agnosticism it doesn't technically count as a belief?
>>
>>731040723
you can prove that humans are stupid by that very statement.
/thread
>>
>>731045082
It certainly isn't listening to passages of your shitty ass book
>>
>>731045071
this
>>
>>731044780
So are you saying we shouldnt be doing God's work, i.e. helping people, because Satan will target us?
>>
>>731040723
Thinking of God, abstractly, as an ideological representation of man in a state of absolute moral uprightness, unrestricted by time and bound only by love for his creation and their will to decide for their own, eh makes the universe and seems like a pretty cool guy to bank on. Whether you choose to believe my definition, any others, or any combination thereof, the idea of greater beings is made sweeter by one who gives a damn what we do.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491351578994.jpg (76KB, 1080x982px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491351578994.jpg
76KB, 1080x982px
>>731045055
Thas sad senpai fam tbh

And utterly futile
>>
>>731040723
the burden of proof is not on atheists retard
>>
>>731045183
No its not
>>
>>731041899
youre retarded
>>
>>731044127
>If you do not believe in god you are and atheist.
>If you believe in god you are a theist.

Look up the definition of gnosticism and agnosticism they have to do with a claim to knowledge which is a subcategory to belief.
>>
File: Turn-off-your-Computer.jpg (26KB, 470x281px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-off-your-Computer.jpg
26KB, 470x281px
>itt: retards

why am i here-... oh wait.
>>
>>731045175
That would be the wise choice. I mean, technically you're not disobeying the bible if you just never help anyone ever, and you still go to the same heaven as everyone else because you believe in jeebus.
>>
File: bohmprojection.png (42KB, 249x225px) Image search: [Google]
bohmprojection.png
42KB, 249x225px
>>731045134
>I only browse 4chan once a week.
Tell me your secrets.
>>
>>731045115
Then in any arena of debate you will still run into the no true scotsman as neither atheists nor godfags will reconcile with your belief.
>>
>>731044969
it doesn't add any confusion.

Whatever created the universe is "god"
if the universe just appeared then the universe is technically god. which would mean no spiritual god exists.

>More bald assertions.
How? if we exist, then our existence had to have started at some point. even if we always existed, "always" had to start at some point even if the point only exists as a mathematical idea. if we existed for infinity, then an infinite amount of time ago we began to exist.
>>
>>731045255
Oh okay
>>
>>731041593
No Islam Pls, that's queer
>>
File: IMG-20161223-WA0028.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161223-WA0028.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>731040723
Yes, because we know of Jehova through specific stories, so if you disprove those stories you have disproven Jehova.
Lucky for us, this is very easy.

There are no records of a Moses, Tower of Babel, Genesis, etc

Here's an article by the Jerusalem post where the writer is admitting that the Exodus is a myth.
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed-Contributors/The-Exodus-Does-archaeology-have-a-say-348464

Thus, fake stories means fake god.
>>
Mary was roofied then ravaged
>>
>>731042242
This guys mind penis is smaller than his real penis. Generalizing peoples religious beliefs based on a basic knowledge of history without ever attempting to actually understand their actual beliefs in the modern world. Typical fascist, or was it anti-fascist? Oh right, same thing, my bad...
>>
>>731040980
We really do not need to go beyond this man's statement...admitting that you cant prove it is really all anyone wants to hear. Some fools seem to think that it is not nearly as much of an admission as it really is.
>>
>>731042242
Jump on wiki learn to read my son. Your wrong. Next God destroyed the earth once for a reason. Also like many things seems God was thinking these fuckers will get it it's all going to be good. Well We all showed him. Even with his word we still fight. God is beyond anything we can think of. He created everything for us. He made our DNA. Sorry out "smartest" can't handle that.
>>
>>731045363
God to me would be the lowest set of particle physics that all particles larger rely on (which life relies on). It would be some stream of energy or string that unites all things by virtue of following those laws.
>>
File: IMG_0278.jpg (146KB, 804x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
146KB, 804x702px
Jesus is my favourite myth
>>
File: retrd2.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
retrd2.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>731040723
Yeah these atheists can not even disprove Allah

they are so stupid lol
>>
>>731045378
>if we exist, then our existence had to have started at some point.
How do you know this? You've asserted it 3 times now with no justification. Having no better explanation doesn't rationally allow you to assume we must be created. That's called ignorance and its what the kalam cosmological argument is based upon.
>>
>>731040723
Burden of proof fallacy
>>
God has consistently proven to be what science has yet to explain.
>>
>>731045656
>Jesus is my favourite myth

Its unlikely. non-christian historical evidence came as soon as some 20 years after his death.
>>
>>731045441
Still not the ideal way to do it, since you aren't really addressing the main point, and not everyone takes the bible literally.

Best argument I can come up with, is the christian god has very human character flaws. In the old testament, he's an unforgiving tyrant, and in the new testament, he sent his son who is also him to be butchered by us so he can forgive us.
>>
>>731045324
Thanks for sharing
>>
>>731045727
To simplify what I'm saying:
>Existence proves we exist
>Anything further needs to be demonstrated
>>
>>731040854
that oval looking thing on the bottom middle of the paper looks like a lenny face
>>
>>731044727
Daily reminder if you're not agnostic you believe in blind faith, either side, doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1493086791259.jpg (81KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493086791259.jpg
81KB, 768x960px
>>731040723
Jesus was a hoax too.
Forget the Zeitgeist claism that the jesus myth is a combination of several middle eastern myths.
Did it ever occured to you that Jesus was based off the Buddha?
There are 12 sentences/advices in the NT that look like they are ripped from the Buddhsit canon.

Would it be impossible and why would they do this?

Nt impossible, because buddhism wasp opular in ancient Greece as early as 200BCE, it even created an artform called Grecco-Buddhism, in which Greek artist created statues of the Buddha in the Greek artform.

Why would they do it?
Well, look at Rome.
Rome always builded uon what the people of the land they conquered had.
When they realized that the Greeks had their Ilyad and Oddysee, they had Virgil compile the Aeneid, which is a continuation of the Ilyad.
The same can be said for Christianity, as the Roman empire had posession of Jerusalem, which was filled with Jews who had their own book, not the Ilyad, but the Old Testament and thus another Book had to be written, one of Roman origin and it was yet again a continuation of a older book.

Yes, the New Testament was, robably, written by Jews, but fact remains that Palestine was under Roman occupation and thus we can't really speak of Palestine, but of the Roman empire (!).

Back to Buddhism, do you not see th slightest possibility that Jesus might have been modelled after the Buddha?
There is this passage where Jesus gets tempted by the Devil, which is ripped from the Buddha being tempted by Mara, the devil..

BTW buddhism predates Christianity by at least 600 years

It is not the most popular opinion, but it should be pretty obvious for anyone who dares to look at religion from a neutral perspective
>>
>>731042242
>Christfags will still try to argue this with their guesses and circular theology
>>
>>731040723
>most retarded movie ever

it truly amaze me how retarded americunts still are in 2017... but again, they just elected the biggest retard on the planet
>>
>>731042813
ay yo hol up Jamal imma hit the church right quick I needa one-up
>>
File: 1483274032485.jpg (56KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1483274032485.jpg
56KB, 700x466px
>>731045923
That's also not an argument, because every God in mythology has had human characteristics (Jehova even claims to be that way when he calls himself a jeaulous god).
And when he said: "thou shallt worship no other god than me" one one could ask "So there are other gods?"

And Jesus being the Son is Catholic, Jesus being Michael is Jehova Whitness, Jesus being God is protestant so you're basing your conclusion on a particular sect of Christianity.

BTW, the explanation of him being the Son or Michael are the only ones that make sense, because otherwise he'd have been crying out "
Lord, why hast thou forsaken me?" to himself, which would have made him a schizo.
>>
>>731040980
Atheism is completely illogical because it's impossible to prove. The ONLY reason to believe it is because of hatred and intolerance of religious people, probably because of something they did to you or others growing up.

The only way to prove atheism is to explore all possible plains of existence, and ironically if we as humans were capable of doing that someday, we would have become gods ourselves and atheism therefore has been made to be incorrect by our own ascension into godhood.
>>
File: 1484493935631.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484493935631.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
>>731046389
can you get me out of here?
>>
>>731046072
I'm telling you, if we exist, then we either had to start existence or always existed. either way, our existence had a beginning even if that beginning is infinitely long ago. It may not be a start we can physically go back to even if we had a time machine, but it will at least exist in a mathematical sense.
>>
>>731040723
>Is it possible to disprove the existence of pink unicorns?
f a g g o t
>>
File: 1482036231160.jpg (67KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1482036231160.jpg
67KB, 800x530px
>>731046574
this is the most retarded thing I've read this month
>>
>>731046115
These are the 12 sentences one can find in the New Testament that are possibly riped from the Buddhsit canon

Jesus: "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31
Buddha: "Consider others as yourself." Dhammapada 10:1
Confucius: "What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others." Analects 15:23

Jesus: "If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other as well." Luke 6:29
Buddha: "If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words." Majjhima Nikaya 21:6

Jesus: "Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me." Matthew 25:45
Buddha: "If you do not tend to one another, then who is there to tend you? Whoever would tend me, he should tend the sick." Vinaya, Mahavagga 8:26.3

Jesus: "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword." Matthew 26:52
Buddha: "Abandoning the taking of life, the ascetic Gautama dwells refraining from taking life, without stick or sword." Digha Nikaya 1:1.8

Jesus: "Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it." Mark 8:35
Buddha: "With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging." Majjhima Nikaya 72:15

Jesus: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20
Buddha: "Teach the dharma which is lovely at the beginning, lovely in the middle, lovely at the end. Explain with the spirit and the letter in the fashion of Brahma. In this way you will be completely fulfilled and wholly pure." Vinaya Mahavagga 1:11.1

Cont.
>>
>>731046735

Jesus: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, "Friend, let me take the speck out of your eye," when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You, hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye.
Buddha: The faults of others are easier to see than one's own; the faults of others are easily seen, for they are sifted like chaff, but one's own faults are hard to see. This is like the cheat who hides his dice and shows the dice of his opponent, calling attention to the other's shortcomings, continually thinking of accusing him.

Jesus: Your father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.
Buddha: The great cloud rains down on all whether their nature is superior or inferior. The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low.

Jesus: He said to them, "When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?" They said, "No, not a thing."
Buddha: Then the Lord addressed the monks, saying: "I am freed from all snares. And you, monks, you are freed from all snares."

Jesus: The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Buddha: If by giving up limited pleasures one sees far-reaching happiness, the wise one leaves aside limited pleasures, looking to far-reaching happiness.

Jesus: Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it.
Buddha: With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging.
>>
Anyone in here a career scientist? Bio, physics, geology? If not, none of you can talk about some bullshit someone who told someone (repeat x1000) told you and claim it as fact that's just inane.
>>
File: 1470964416039.jpg (13KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1470964416039.jpg
13KB, 370x370px
>>731044725
haha, yeah nah God is dead, dude. Sorry.
>>
>>731046700
ikr, but then again strawman arguments are always retarded.
the bitch doesnt understand atheism but still talks about it and even attacks it, some people just like putting word in other peoples mouths.
oh also shifing the burden of proof, because he cant take it so ofc he tries to shove it to someone else.
>>
>>731046811
Dead in the way that my unborn big brother is dead, never existed in the first place.
>>
>>731040723

Is it possible to disprove what an insecure fucktard you are?
>>
>>731040723
yeah, there is a way to disprove. that's called donald trump. there you go.
>>
File: 1493235105244.jpg (40KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
1493235105244.jpg
40KB, 303x566px
>>731044725
God is as dead as my sex life
>>
>>731046700
It's funny how intelligence seems retarded to the ignorant. Found the real retard who can't understand intelligent logic.

Atheism vs theism logically is exactly like a ridiculously hard math/logic problem, such as some really difficult multi variable calculus limit problem. Regardless of whatever retarded arguments atheists make, atheism is saying the limit does not exist. Theism is saying the limit exists. A particular religion says not only does the limit exist, but it's the point (x,y,z,w) which represents their particular god.

Now suppose you take a math test and you have an almost impossible limit problem that humans have no idea how to solve yet. We would call this an unsolved problem and if it's important enough to us, we would pay a large reward if someone solves it. We would NOT automatically default to the answer being "the limit does not exist" like atheists try to push forward. Doing so is completely illogical and retarded.

Saying it's impossible to disprove god is also an easy way out so that they feel justified in their existence. An atheist who does that has no right to feel intelligent or to try to convince others to give up their belief in their particular god.
>>
>>731046617
How do we get from here
> or always existed.
To here
>either way, our existence had a beginning even if that beginning is infinitely long ago.

I don't know if you're implying the the big bang (mathematics?) is the beginning but if you are that's another baseless assertion.
>>
File: 1482173110800.jpg (24KB, 960x422px) Image search: [Google]
1482173110800.jpg
24KB, 960x422px
>>731046574
You're probably the most autistic person in the thread.
>>
File: 5684115572_55bc83414f.jpg (25KB, 500x167px) Image search: [Google]
5684115572_55bc83414f.jpg
25KB, 500x167px
>>731047100
>>
File: DHArB_1.png (62KB, 900x1201px) Image search: [Google]
DHArB_1.png
62KB, 900x1201px
>>
File: Jesus.png (830KB, 511x740px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.png
830KB, 511x740px
Of course Jesus is real. He was the original JoJo. His stand 『Love Train 』was the most powerful of all.
>>
>>731045860
That's nonsense. You're referring to the Gospels and those weren't even written by the apostles, but by their students.
And Josephus, the one person who wrote about Jesus without being linked to the rleigion was born in 37AD, which is after Jesus' supposed death. He wrote his two works in 75AD and 94AD, so even he is not a rleiable source.
>>
>>731043942
Oh wow look at all the faggies who didnt respond to my post. AKA all the fucking 20 year old faggots who never got a taste of pussy. The only atheists I ever met were fucking neckbeards. And they literally had the neckbeards.

Fucking ignorant little boys. You dont know shit, you only spout shit that you heard on the internet... You repeat shit you've heard elsewhere and think you're some kind of fucking religion pioneer? Fuck off with your 16 year old pseudo intellectual god doesnt exist bec. my mother didnt love me bullshit. I guaran-goddamn-tee you that your faggot asses will be singing a different tune when you have diabetes by age 30 and heart failure and have never had any pussy.

You're a bunch of sorry fucking pussies.
>>
>>731047166
>atheism is saying the limit does not exist. Theism is saying the limit exists.
stopped reading there.

Atheism does not assert that something does not exists. There is insuffiecent evidence for it so instead of saying "huurrr durr i dunno so god lol xd" they say "there is not any evidence for believing this."
I can't believe i even replied to your bait posts.
>>
>>731041809
become an apatheist. who gives a shit? we all end up in the same place in the end, anyway; in the fucking dirt. you know what's after death? absolutely nothing. you become nutrition to the soil, and you feel exactly what you felt before you were born. you won't have anything to worry about once you're dead because you won't be conscious for it. enjoy the drugs and sex and money, enjoy the satisfaction of being better than others. fuck the world, love yourself, there is no right and wrong. the matter of something being wrong or right is so subjective, that i even doubt its existence at all. we will never know for sure if anything is real at all, reality is only the product of what we perceive in the world. you create your own reality, why create it so gloomy?
>>
>>731046801
The Bible and Qur'an fall under philosophy, literature and history.
They make scientific claims, but those can easily be debunked with knowledge mid. school level physics and chemistry.
>>
>>731047166
>Atheism vs theism logically is exactly like a ridiculously hard math/logic problem

What utter shit are you talking? There is absolutely no similarity at all between these things and a math problem. Math is a precise science which leads to a mathematically correct answer. Atheism and Theism are matters of faith and belief - not in the slightest bit like the science of math. Cretin!
>>
God does not exist. Period
>>
>>731047166
youre comparing theism to math, and think youre not completely retarded for doing so. nothing you say on this subject has any value because you dont understand what philosophy is
>>
>>731047284

this is the only acceptable response to this type of troll thread. Epicurean paradox, end of story.
>>
>>731046574
So how would you prove that your rleigion is true?
Keep in mind that atheism means that the person has found no evidence for god and thus for you to say that they are fools means that you have some evidence and Pascal's wager is not evidence, it's just being a coward.
>>
>>731047477
See, stopped reading shows EXACTLY the ignorance of atheists. You're absolutely wrong. Atheism IS saying the limit does not exist because atheism is saying gods don't exist. AGNOSTICISM is the one that doesn't assert anything. Atheism asserts.

Agnosticism != Atheism and Agnosticism is NOT a subset of atheism, therefore QED atheism must assert.
>>
>>731046574
Your definition of atheism is wrong.
>Atheists do not believe in god
At what point does that assert there is no gods?
>>
>>731047345
lol talking shit about atheists because he cant argue against them, top kek.
Im sorry but your ego doesnt make you right and name calling doesnt make atheists wrong.
quite the opposite actually.
>>
>>731047498
Right you are. What irks me however is when some faggot comes out and starts spraying bullshit about evolution and quantum mechanics because he watched a YouTube video it makes me suicidal
>>
>>731040723
No, it's the very definition of an un-falsifiable hypothesis. But since those tend to be logically flawed anyway, it holds very little ground in the minds of logically sound thinking people.
>>
>>731047511
Atheism and theism are only a matter of faith and belief if you don't know the answer, but there is logic to determining the answer. As long as atheism and theism is a matter of faith and belief, then logically neither side is correct or has any basis in science.
>>
>>731047166
>
Same can be said for theists, friendo.
>>
>>731040980
Can you disprove the existence of flying invisible dingle berries that cause all the world's illness, and accidents?
>>
>>731040980
No one can prove that god does not exist because you cannot prove a negative. However, no one HAS proven that he does exist. Doesn't that speak volumes?
>>
Truth propositions rest on their ability to be falsified. God, conceptualized generally, cannot be falsified. God is a meaningless non-sense word.
>>
>>731040723
If a claim is unfalsifiable it isn't even considered or taken seriously, so arguing that the existence of God cannot be disproven is actually an argument against yourself (if you believe in God)

People are so fucking retarded. I watched God's Not Dead and it was one of the biggest piles of shit, as far as logical arguments go.
>>
>>731047813
Exactly right, friendo. But the same isn't true for agnosticism which is the only side that doesn't assert anything. As long as humans have no knowledge, agnosticism is the only correct side which means to EVER suggest to someone that their god is false without proof is completely illogical and retarded. Let people believe what they want to believe even if it's atheism and even if it's a particular branch of theism.
>>
>>731046574
lol, fuck off and die
>>
File: XKN1t2vvrwo1_1280.jpg (164KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
XKN1t2vvrwo1_1280.jpg
164KB, 1000x1000px
>>731046574
>plains
>>
>>731046574
I can't believe you faggots took this b8.
>>
File: abstractcancer.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
abstractcancer.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>731047639
you act like you know what you're talking about but you don't.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: 1493348232986.png (448KB, 846x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493348232986.png
448KB, 846x900px
>>731047693
Nah, you should be glad that by gaining knowledge of particle physics he at least has gained more knowledge than he had before.
So we should motivate that.

And let's be honest, at least they're not anti-vaccers or flat-Earthers.
>>
>>731047636
pretty much everybody that replied to you has called you out for being retarded. You are. The shit you try to assert is either completely strawman or illogical in every sense. And before you try to say
>hurr u ignorant and u mad cause i ttuthz u xD

I'm not an atheist and do not identify with any creed. I simply evaluate the information and philosophy given to me and go off it from there
>>
>>731042064
Don't give these retards a back door into questioning the only good thing about our legal system.
>>
>>731041418
Everyone was drunk at the time.
>>
>>731046574
You NAILED IT.. Atheism leads to trying to take the place of God.

JUST LIKE the FIRST WORDS out of the mouth of the SERPENT in the Garden "ye shall be as Gods..."

The ONLY REAL "GOD DELUSION" is that Humans will be God someday. But we won't. We will be JUDGED by God it is appointed unto man once to die and after that the JUDGMENT..

Let me ask you this, if you don't believe the Bible, is it really possible for humans to have SPOKEN TEXT WRITTEN DOWN WHERE EVERY WORD IS RELATED TO THE TEXT THAT YOU FIND?

The Bible points to a super-human narrator. Because the book took 2000+ years to write, yet it still came out as a cohesive book. Therefore we MUST CONCLUDE that the author has lived longer than 2000 years, which no human has done not even Methuselah who live 900+
>>
>>731048256
Do you believe in a god?
>>
File: 1492909026842.png (475KB, 494x518px) Image search: [Google]
1492909026842.png
475KB, 494x518px
>>731046115
Dudes, this is the perfect rebuke for Christianty.
>>
>>731048256
I do find it interesting how some people draw different conclusions from the evidence provided to them.

(not that guy btw)
>>
>>731042813
>True Way
sign me up
>>
Jesus was a fggot who went town to town sleeping with 12 men in barns, until the religious authorities had him put to death to stop the crowds who would come out do protest the massive faggot.

During the end, the fag diseases made him delirious where for instance he through bread on the table was part of his body
>>
>>731048406
I haven't come to a conlcusion on this, and probably never will unless humanity succeeds to break through in my generation.

You see, your argument relies on attacking my character and my beliefs instead of having solid evidence and logisitcs on your side
>>
>>731047860
>you cannot prove a negative
>>731044156
>You can't prove a negative,dumbass
>>731044031
>Proving a negative is impossible
>>731043621
>It's impossible to prove a negative
>>731043006
>>Hey prove this negative xD
>Fucking retard
>>731040980
>You can't disprove a negative

You are all idiots. You can absolutely prove a negative.
The simplest example for your obviously pea-sized brains:
"Prove that there is not a bear standing in front of you right now"

Premise 1: I am looking in front of me and I do not see a bear

Premise 2: If there were a bear in front of me, I would be able to see it

Conclusion: Therefore, there is not a bear standing in front of me
>>
>>731048464
Probably because people practice cognitive dissonance like its effective or something.
>>
>>731047645
>cant argue against them
I think I did

>atheists arent wrong
I think they are

>quite the opposite
Exactly how? Show me one atheist that isnt a little "woe is me" "World is against me" faggot and I will recant my statement.

My experience has been you're a bunch of little fags who blame the world for your problems because you didnt have enough confidence to ask Sarah Sue to the prom... when really your problem is you fucking lack the balls to fix your own problems so you blame it on god which you realize isnt accepted by anyone so you say there is no god etc etc etc. Really you just hate the world for not fucking coddling you bec. you are a little bitch that cant pave your own way or take responsibility for yourself.
>>
>>731047999
>>731047730
This

Fucking retards
>>
Claims of the existence of a deity or deities are undisprovable hypotheses. It's part of the foundation of the Abrhamic religions' theology that one must have faith that God exists. There is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God, because neither God's alleged existence nor his supposed nonexistence are quantifiable.
>>
>>731048430
The Buddhist Romans wanted to enhance their culture with Judaism so they invented Jesus? Makes sense to me.
>>
i couldn't care less about god
if you believe in god it may help you
no one knows and no one will ever know
>>
>>731048681
How did you conclude this?
>>
>>731048572
ok, now disprove an invinsible magical bear that is watching you from the afterlife.
>>
>>731048728
because he doesn't know

irony in a single post.
>>
>>731048572
Exactly. You CAN prove a negative. The problem is that currently humans can't prove the atheism negative because humans have no way of getting to whatever plane of existence God is on to look around and confirm there's no bear there. Since we can't do that yet it's absurd to believe the negative too. The only logically correct answer is that there is no answer yet. In that case you realize humans have no logical or intellectual right to call anyone else's god false.
>>
>>731048572
You blind dumbass, how the hell can you not see the obvious bear right in front of you?
>>
>>731048789
>no one knows and no one will ever know
Meant to add that
>>
>>731044663
You're a fucking moron
>>
>>731047196
No I'm saying if we exist. that means that our existence had to start somewhere. matter could exist before the big bang. matter could be an infinite loop of condensing into a singularity than back out into the full universe. but even that infinite loop has a theoretical beginning.
>>
File: IMG_3912.jpg (122KB, 1248x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3912.jpg
122KB, 1248x1200px
We cannot observe enough evidence to suggest the existence of any God; there is only The Force.

It lives in the Jedi, and dies with the Sith. Without Jedi there is no Force, and without The Force, there is no Jedi.

Becoming a Jedi is as simple as writing 'Jedi' as your religion on all future official documents.
>>
>>731048572
Except the concept of god isn't a physical manifestation
>>
>>731048902
you are a moron if you think we could have reached the present point in time with an infinite amount of time before now.
>>
File: 1493214134639.jpg (71KB, 750x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493214134639.jpg
71KB, 750x560px
>>731048067
No, you can't go back to 'let people believe what htey want" after you were trying to say that the atheistic stance is the wrong one.

Keep in mind that one has to ask oneself how we came to know this god you speak of.
Was it by revelation or literature which has been deemed holy by what one would call a fanatic fanbase had it been any other book?

Have you been touched by an angel or do you believe in angels, because of Jews and, because emperor Constantine decided to make Christianity the dominant religion in his empire?

Do you view the other gods, Krishna, Mythra, Osiris, Apollo on the same scale as Jehova or are you perhaps biased towards one particular god?

Your reasoning would mean that we should waste time by even thinking about the other gods "just in case".
>>
>>731048818
>because humans have no way of getting to whatever plane of existence God is on
>Since we can't do that yet

This is a presupposition
>>
>>731043136
are you kidding me? athiests are not the one with the ego here.

If anything, believing that you are the product of a perfect being and out of thousands of religions with vivid descriptions yours is the only right one? that is much more than just arrogance.
>>
>>731040723
I was cured of schiofrenia so i believe
>>
>>731048256
Dude, i just joined this conversation. See how blind faith works? You start to draw baseless conclusions, conclusions that are wrong.....
SMH fam.
>>
>>731040845
>Can atheists define atheism
The absence of belief in a religion/deity. Is it so hard to understand?
>>
>>731049152
>replying to a bait post

why
>>
>>731049029
So we CAN do it? I didn't know humans can go outside the universe now and be on an equal realm of existence to God. No shit it was a presupposition and it was obviously a correct one.
>>
>>731040845
If they are truly atheists, absolutely. If not, use a dictionary; it's not that hard to use one.
>>
>>731048958
>matter could be an infinite loop of condensing into a singularity than back out into the full universe.
Then at one point in that hypothesis is there anything that can be considered god?

Or are we just redefining it on a whim.
>>
>>731049152
they have their own definition that they use and refuse to accept any other definitions because they cant attack someone who doesnt make a claim and they cant prove their claims so they have to shift the burden of proof somehow.
>>
>>731049175
because I have absolutely nothing else to do atm
currently watching the battles of Berkeley.
>>
>>731049264
Then at what point*
>>
>>731049282
what is ONE claim an atheist makes?
>>
>>731048994
I never said it was. The claim by the tards was that you can't prove a negative. I just demonstrated that you very obviously can prove a negative, just as easily as you can prove or disprove any other claim.

The question of God's existence (or lack thereof) is different than a bear standing in front of you, obviously, but it has nothing to do with the negative aspect. The problem is that teh vast majority of people believe in a concept of god that is both impossible to prove OR disprove because of the characteristics/definition they give to "God"
>>
>>731049048
That's the thing that kills me. With the vastness and apparent limitlessness of unobserved space, along with the number of belief systems that claim to be the true religion, theists still think that they're the center of it all.

I haven't seen or heard of anything more fundamentally egotistical and small minded than that.
>>
File: The neverending shitpost.jpg (137KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
The neverending shitpost.jpg
137KB, 640x960px
>>731040845
█░░░█░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▀█▀░▀█░█░░░██
██░██░▀░█░█░▀███░█░▀███░▀▄█░▀░█░██░███
██░██░▄░█░█▄░███░█▄░███░▄▀█░▄░█░██░███
██░██░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▄█░█░█░██░█░█
██████████████████████████████████████
███████▀▀░░░▄███████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀
█████▀░░░░▄██████▀▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
███▀░░▄█▄████▀▀░░░▄▄▄█████████████████
███░░█████▀▀░░▄▄██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░
███▄░░░▀▀░░▄▄████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████▄▄▄░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░
████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███████████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░
>>
>>731049181
> No shit it was a presupposition
Now you need to justify your assertion. It's not "obviously correct" to me its obviously incorrect.
>>
The big bang is a way for scientists (and atheists) to have a God without actually calling it one.
>>
>>731049342
that they don't believe in a deity?
>>
>>731040723
Hitchens's razor: "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
>>
There is no scientific way to prove if God exists or not.
>>
>>731049491
>The big bang is a way for scientists (and atheists) to have a God without actually calling it one.
I don't even know what to say
>>
File: 1492923394591.jpg (42KB, 388x528px) Image search: [Google]
1492923394591.jpg
42KB, 388x528px
>>731048680
You do know about the Jewish revolt?
The Jews were a thorn in the eye of Constantine, as he was and i quote "a Jew loathing sunworshipper".
The answer to rebuke Christianity obviously do not come from the book itself, the little facts outside are what will do that.

And you're misrepresenting my claim.
It wasn't to enhance THEIR culture, it was to place their culture above the rest.
The Aeneid was written to assert Roman superiority on the Ilyad.
And what do you think would happen if the Romans had the religion of the long awaited Jewish Messiah (and even killed this half-god)?
It's the perfect PR on a scale you probably don't even fathom, yet.
Besided there were more claims in the comment, like the passages stolen from Buddhism (and others).
I know that you would like to explain them away as mere coincidence, but we both know that it's never that easy.
>>
If you can't create something out of nothing (The Big Bang) then where did God come from.
>>
>>731049562
that's not a claim though. That's a disbelief.
>>
>>731048773
>disprove an invinsible magical bear that is watching you from the afterlife.
That in an inherently unfalsifiable claim, just like the existence of God. It has nothing to do with you asking me to "disprove" it. You cannot prove it either. You can disprove anything that you can prove, and you cannot disprove anything that you cannot prove.

>fucking plebs
>>
>>731049642
god it outside the universe xD
>>
>>731048994
If God exists then the concept of God IS a physical manifestation, just not necessarily on our known plane of existence. God could be a 100 dimensional being existing on a higher plane of existence for all we know. He'd still be god of our plane of existence, and for all we know he has his own God which is a 1000 dimensional being. For all we know we're similar to a scrap of paper that God decided to create and draw out on. Obviously that analogy doesn't work directly, but it highlights the power 3d beings can carry over 2d beings, so God could easily carry similar power over 3d beings.
>>
>>731049491
That would be a nice thought if it had anything to do with atheism.
>>
>>731049677
I also believe a being that powerful would not live within our realm of reality.
>>
>>731040723
Yes.

http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/god.html
>>
if in your thought processes GOd is framed in a Christian definition, you've been brainwashed, you dumbass motherfucker.
>>
I can't disprove that that a 900 foot tall zombie kitten golem lives on Mars and rules over the universe with his magic litter box either, what's your point?
>>
If there is a god. then that being doesn't care about us. We would be worms to something that powerful.
>>
>>731049648
this b888888888888888888
>>
>>731048818
>In that case you realize humans have no logical or intellectual right to call anyone else's god false.
Not true whatsoever. We still have logic, and we can apply logic to any claims made about the existence of gods based on the characteristics people ascribe to them.

Now if you claim your god wouldn't be constrained by the rules of logic, that's different. That's where we get an unfalsifiable claim, which isn't to be taken seriously since we can't say anything about it at all.
>>
>>731040723
no, the existence of God (or non existence0 is a subjective point. and no amount of arguing can settle that.
>>
>>731049092
Kek, I went to a nutcase healing church a long time ago. From what I can gather, they can provide temporary pain relief and encourage positivity in people who want healing.
Something else I noticed is for some, the pain seems to be entirely imaginary. No idea why, I can't prove it to you, but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.
I also think a good portion of the churchgoers were bipolar without realising it.
>>
>>731049871
>say it's not a claim
>b8
okay you're retarded.
>>
File: 1489879270194.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1489879270194.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>731041535
>>
>>731049677
And God sits there conveniently where no laws we know of exist? Why can't The Big Bang adhere to the same rules then.
>>
You can not prove the non-existence of god, but you can not prove the non-existence of the alien with which I drove yesterday

But of course the second is more likely to be true
>>
File: Facepalm13.jpg (50KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm13.jpg
50KB, 640x387px
>>731048818
It's impossible to prove the non-existence of whatever.

The correct answer is that there is no evidence supporting the existence of god, therefore there are no reeasons to believe in it.
>>
>>731049613
Expected, there is isn't a good argument against it.
>>
Think of it like this. A conspiracy theorist believes that jews did 9/11. It's not my job to disprove that, it's his to prove it. If I don't take his word on blind faith that just makes me a sane person.
>>
>>731049642
God is the thing that created something out of nothing (Big Bang), by being the prime mover.
He didn't come from anywhere, he has always been
>>
>>731050091
How do you know this?
>>
>>731049698
So atheists don't believe in the "big bang"?
>>
>>731049642
Ah, they'll use a Deus Ex Machina for that one, i tell ya.
>>
How can God exist if Kevin James exists
>>
>>731049871

To clear it up for the retards:

>If claim I dont belive A is true it does not mean I think A is false.
>The claim the A is false it does not mean I think A is true.
The claim that A is True or False are separate issues.
>>
>>731050141
they believe in the big bang the same way they believe in gravity.
>>
>>731041225
Isn't there a theory which states that given enough time and entropy anything could exist? Even a giant brain alone in space or God?
>>
>>731050151
God interceded to create himself as a shitty plot device?
>>
>>731050091
Why doesn't the same apply to The Big Bang?

It seems to me that "something out of nothing" is refuted by saying "yea but in this case it doesn't apply"
>>
File: IMG_5488.jpg (105KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5488.jpg
105KB, 736x1104px
in the same way you can disprove that unicorns exist....

And of course the question of a Supreme Being is different from question of there only being one, or having had anything to do with the violence, stupidity and racism in the Hebrew Bible.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 287x175px
>>731050214
>>
>>731050200

>If I believe A is false it does not mean I think A is true.
>>
>>731049893
The current major religions are currently unfalsifiable, but by your own statement, you agree that you can't say anything against those religions. Maybe YOU can't take them seriously but if other people want to, that's their business and their business alone. You have no right to convince them that their unfalsifiable god doesn't exist even if that's how you feel.

I didn't necessarily claim that God is unfalsifiable overall as it might be possible for humans to someday know the answer. If an atheist really hates Christians so much and he believes he's a scientist or intelligent, let him scientifically advance humans in such a way to be able to explore outside the universe and go find where God should be and confirm he's not there. Otherwise let Christians believe what they want and you believe what you want and keep your mouth shut.
>>
File: God Emperor.jpg (393KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor.jpg
393KB, 1024x1024px
There Is Only One God
>>
>>731050151

Its like any other fairy story

How can a 40 inch waist of santa fit through a 14 inch chimney?
How can you cremate millions of jews in 52 ovens at 15 minutes per jew?
How can a person come alive and fly into the sky?

That stuff misses the point. Its just stories for children
>>
>>731050404
you can't prove there are no unicorns
I have one right here, but I'm disinclined to show you (:
>>
>>731040723
Nope. Without total empirical awareness of everything, even outside your own frame of reference, disproving anything - particularly something like this - is functionally impossible.
>>
>>731050316
Something that does not exist can not create itself.
You're, yet again, working from faith instead of logic.
>>
>>
You know the only fags I ever knew who were atheists were fucking neckbeard pussies who never got any pussy in highschool?. Its pretty sad.

I mean you guys can think what you want... but its only the little faggies that gotta be all against the grain atheist fags that pull that pseudo intellectual shit.
>>
File: 1468618554601.jpg (97KB, 958x476px) Image search: [Google]
1468618554601.jpg
97KB, 958x476px
>>731050510
>How can you cremate millions of jews in 52 ovens at 15 minutes per jew?
fucking kek
>>
>>731050037
There's no logical reason to default to the negative. Given how hypothetical and unknown anything outside of our universe is, there could easily be any reasons to believe in God. We haven't seen any aliens yet, yet tons of atheists are fine with believing in aliens because they claim the scale of the universe is so vast that it's almost impossible we're the only life to spring up. Well if we think the universe is that vast, what about the metaverse? Why can't god(s) exist outside of the universe? We know there's a concept of "outside the universe" because if there wasn't, there would not be any matter whatsoever that could have done a big bang creating our known universe.
>>
>>731040723
No, but I still think the burden of proof is on the believers.
>>
>>731040723
>Yes.
>Stand up and shout "Yo, God! Get your ass over here, NOW!"
>Tell Him He's a faggot if He doesn't show
>Wait
>If no God - he don't exist.
>>
I understand believing that a God exists in one form or another, but to believe that your specific religion is the correct one is asinine.

Religion at a young age is child grooming, you impress something upon them which takes root and is hard to remove again.
>>
>>731049264
My earlier point was that god could be considered whatever initially started the universe. and since then i've just been explaining that the universe had to have a beginning because we exist. I even said earlier that it may not be the god of a religion or even a sentient being. I've just been proving that the universe has a creator of some type.

Whatever that creator may be.
>>
>>731050671
You're, yet again, incapable of discerning someone making an genuine argument and someone mocking someone else's argument. You'll want to see your psychiatrist to adjust your autism meds.
>>
>>731050683
100000000000000% this
>>
>>731050706
Is it summer already, Chad Thundercock?
>>
>>731050478
>Do you think peoples belief impact their actions?
>Do you care about whether or not the things you believe actually true in reality?

Something tells me you answer both these questions wrong.
>>
>>731050214
Not true, otherwise all scientists would believe it.

Gravity is something with us right now, we can test it and get results. You cannot do that with the big bang, we can only observe its so called "after effects". Cosmic background radiation is not proof of the big bang at all, but because some scientists believe it is you will believe it like they are the source of truth
>>
I like to think religious people are worshipping a combination of their subconscious and the subconcious of the group they identify with, and calling it God.

Would be nice if I had some psychology research to back it up.
>>
>>731050904
and you think the bible written thousands of years ago is proof of jesus?
check mate.
>>
>>731050904
The universe is expanding. and still is expanding thus suggesting it came from a singularity. The big bang theory of course has less evidence for it than gravity for example but it is currently the best explanation for the expanding universe. I will concede it was a bad example.
>>
>>731050848
>the universe had to have a beginning because we exist.
I've been explaining that you need to demonstrate this.

I also addressed that redefining god doesn't get us anywhere but you doubled down on your assertions.
>>
From my understanding Atheism is the belief that you know God doesn't exist. Agnostic Atheism is choosing not to believe in a God but you don't know whether he does or not
>>
File: dogu.png (70KB, 196x216px) Image search: [Google]
dogu.png
70KB, 196x216px
>mfw this thread will 404 in 5 minutes
>>
>>731050683
This is incorrect. Dismissing without evidence is as much an article of faith as that asserted without evidence. That's why atheism is in itself a form of religion because it also makes assertions without prove. If one is to hold beliefs solely on empiricism than one should be an agnostic, there is no prove either way, and based on the premise, there is no way to prove either way, therefore issues of god are outside the area of empirical debate.
>>
File: 62e71f5eb5dbaf20bc120b096fc90598.png (472KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
62e71f5eb5dbaf20bc120b096fc90598.png
472KB, 1280x720px
>>731050091
The Big Bang was actually what created "something from nothing" as the Big Bang was what kickstarted the process called matter creation in which massless particles (light) comes together to form particles with mass.
The "nothing" you were referring to actually refers to these particles.
Meaning that God could not create a universe from nothing, which is unlike the claim about him in the Bible, where it is stated that he literally created everything from nothing in weird unnatural orders in an unnatural timespan (according to physics).

For Genesis to be true, the Big bang has to be false.
So you should not ever mention the Big Bang again if you want to score points for Jehova.
For another unidentified god, okay, but we know this Jeohova from the books, false books means false god, etc.
>>
>>731050037
what about the idea of god itself? it may not be evidence but why do we have an idea of something that is greater and more powerful than us?
>>
>>731040723
Nope. Without total empirical awareness of everything, even outside your own frame of reference, disproving anything - particularly something like this - is functionally impossible.
>>
>>731050881
Our current government is built upon one which is meant to be separate from religion. Our laws are meant to have no basis in any particular religion. Now if someone's religious belief leads him to do something that breaks our laws, that's on him and him alone. It's not even necessarily a reflection on the religion itself because everyone interprets their religious scriptures differently and some people are more fanatical than others.

To speak poorly on Christians in general and hate them just because a vocal minority of them hate gays or other beliefs you like is discrimination and is no different from racism or other stereotypical discrimination. It also has no relation to the core beliefs such as whether their god exists or not.
>>
>>731051086
>Atheism is the belief that you know God doesn't exist
no atheism is abstaining from belief until evidence is provided.
>>
>>731050478
>If an atheist really hates Christians so much and he believes he's a scientist or intelligent, let him scientifically advance humans in such a way to be able to explore outside the universe and go find where God should be and confirm he's not there.
This is by far the most retarded thing I have read in at least a week.

>Maybe YOU can't take them seriously but if other people want to, that's their business and their business alone. You have no right to convince them that their unfalsifiable god doesn't exist even if that's how you feel.

1. I never said anything about convincing people god doesn't exist
2. I don't give a shit what anybody believes
3. It's not about ME not taking an unfalsifiable claim seriously, it's that anybody who understands logic doesn't take them seriously. You clearly don't know shit about logic though, so I understand why you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>let Christians believe what they want and you believe what you want and keep your mouth shut.

This whole thread is about Christians trying to convince atheists that God exists, not vice versa. If you want to make claims/arguments without hearing any rebuttal or dissenting opinions, you seriously need to grow the fuck up.
>>
File: finally.jpg (7KB, 227x250px) Image search: [Google]
finally.jpg
7KB, 227x250px
>>731041666
Witnessed
>>
>>731050987
Not at all, organised religions are man-made, there is some good in them but they are mostly about controlling populations rather than being about truth.
>>
>>731050683
You can dismiss without proof but dismissing is not the same as asserting that they're wrong. It just means "I have no reason to believe this. You might be right but I have no reason to believe this at all right now."
>>
>>731050683
My favorite Hitchens quote:

"I'd urge you to look at those of you who tell you, those people who tell you, at your age, that you're dead until you believe as they do.
What a terrible thing to be telling to children.
And that you can only live by accepting an absolute authority.
Don't think of that as a gift, think of it as a, think of it as a poisened chalice.
Push it aside however tempting it is.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself.
Much more happines, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way

Thank you."

Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
>>
If the Bible is true then how could it take several days before God created the sun when we count days using the sun? Checkmate
>>
File: 1492898925151.png (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492898925151.png
158KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>731051168
/ T H R E A D
T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
>>731050854
Perhaps you should have brought it better.
>>
>>731051060
How is that singularity not God-like?
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.