[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 1489273472938.gif (485KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1489273472938.gif
485KB, 499x374px
Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?
>>
you'll never know
>>
Ignorance is bliss
>>
It depends on who you regularly interact with, and your application of social skills.
>>
likely yes, stupidity lessens anxiety and depression. my IQ is about 115 and I think Id be better off stupider
>>
>>730940421
You'd be expected to do more with the same resources, and can't speak without sounding like a jackass
>>
>>730940421
Super high IQ subhuman here
AMA
>>
>>730941067
How super high?

Mine's 155, are you a friendless autist like me?
>>
>>730941311
higher than yours and yours isn't 155 or if it is, on another measuring scale where everyone gets over 140.

No i have "friends" but it's probably because i can hide my power level good and am able to empathize with other people.
>>
>>730941067
IQ of 140 here. Do you find it difficult to relate to others like I do?
>>
>>730941583
no because i'm not apathic but over empathic, i know how other people feel most of the time.
>>
>>730941688
It's apathetic. I doubt your IQ is really what you say it is. But anyways, I'm pretty empathetic too, but I don't speak out to others because I would feel like I'm bothering them.
>>
>>730941846
if you'd be as empathetic as you'd say you'd understand that normies have a need to small talk and it is what you do to let other people know you are still on good terms with them.

you're not very social, are you?
>>
File: 1492198409612.jpg (159KB, 800x811px) Image search: [Google]
1492198409612.jpg
159KB, 800x811px
>>730940421
yes it is.
>>
>>730940421
IQ 140 here

I can't speak for everyone, but in my experience it was a burden until I entered the working world. In school knowing more than what was on the tests and being able to do my homework in 5 minutes instead of 55 didn't help me much

In the working world it was appreciated
>>
It is good unless you are emotionally retarded.
>>
Okay geniuses, help me an autist like me be productive.

Nothing interests me, i drop everything i pick up even though i'm a very fast learner. Due to this, i'm not able to master a thing

How do i overcome this?
>>
>>730942182
>IQ 140 here

Stop lying dude
>>
>>730940421
nope. Honestly my IQ is 149, I got a 34 on my ACT and a 1510 on my SAT (I took it before the new scale but this is what it would currently be) and life is pretty fuckin' great. You just have to accept a few facts:
>Stupid people make up a vast majority
>Stupid people will flock to any semblance of intelligence if you show it
>There is always someone smarter. ALWAYS.
Yeah there is always the problem of having less empathy or whatever, and retards get REALLY annoying, but the world was made for the fittest to survive and thrive. In our era, its the most intelligent.
>>
>>730942074
I have no patience for small talk. Yeah, when I first meet someone, there's going to be small talk. But the conversation should progress from there as you get to know somebody. If it stays as small talk for a long period of time, then I lose interest and consider that person no more than an acquaintance. Most people aren't willing to go deeper than skimming the surface when it comes to having a conversation. And it's that that I'm not social, it's that I can figure out within 5 minutes if somebody is worth talking to or not.
>>
>>730941573
You can hide your power level good? And you have an IQ higher than 155? Shut the absolute fuck up.
>>
>>730941573
Yes, it is. Mensa-tested back in 2010. How did you check yours?

Glad you have a social circle anyway; good going.
>>
File: damn.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>730940854
>and
iq does not exist just by typing shit like that u show... yea
>>
>>730942463
just because someone doesn't share your interests it doesn't mean they're not worth talking to.
Then again, you don't really talk much to people you're not interested in, maybe you're just hanging out in the wrong groups, start choosing your friends.
>>
>>730940421
High intelligence makes you aware of all your limitations.
Only the stupid can be confident at all times.
>>
>>730942594
This guy DOES NOT have an IQ of 155.
>>
>>730942615
Same, haven't retaken it tho, last time i got tested was when i was 17.
>>730942594
all you have to do is not be a cunt to other people, it's not that hard anon.
>>
>>730942668
No shit Sherlock
>>
>>730942649
You're telling me stuff I already know dude. Yeah, that's the reason why I'm friends with certain people. It's still difficult to meet people who share common values, even when you venture out and try new things.
>>
>>730940421

I genuinely wish I was retarded. Being intelligent has done nothing but give me anxiety and depression bc of the self awareness that it gives me. On the plus side I can memorize a bunch of useless facts and am really good at math.....yay.
Every person with down syndrome you meet is happier than you. They fucking love life and see the best in everything. They have zero self awareness and don't compare themselves to other people. They just enjoy life without thinking about it. Stupid people have much more confidence and overall seem to have a better quality of life.
>>
>>730940421
If you're asking this question, you are obviously not that brilliant
>>
>>730942830
See actually I don't have to do anything, and the first thing I don't have to do is believe your shit. You do not have an IQ of 155, come back to reality.
>>
>>730943079
Yeah, I've thought about this too. Ignorance must really be bliss. It makes sense the more you think about it. As cool as it seems to be really smart and self-aware, it makes us overthink and analyze the shit out of everything.
>>
>>730943096
maybe i do, maybe i don't.
But what you have to do is realize that life isn't about IQ, the sooner you get over yourself the sooner you'll become happier.
>>
>>730942398
you could kill yourself. then you would never have to master anything
>>
>>730942398
I'm the same way. I pick up on shit really fast, but I lose interest pretty quickly unless the thing keeps me mentally stimulated constantly.
>>
>>730942648
I don't even know what you're trying to say.
>>
>>730943385
No, it's really not about IQ. It's really about nothing at all. If you had an IQ of 155 you'd see that our society is just an amalgam of pointless tasks and routines tacked together to help everyone forget about their eventual death. You worked hard in HS to get into a good college. You worked hard in college to get a good job. You will work hard in your new job to make money that you will never get to enjoy because you will work hard your entire life to get it, wasting every second of your existence in a bullshit cycle. Once you finally have enough money to stop working, you will be decrepit and old, and all of your money will mean nothing. We will all die in the end, human society will eventually crumble, earth will be destroyed, and all will crumble back to star dust. But yeah, me getting over myself will solve my problems. Fuck you.
>>
>>730942398

I know what you feel. I pick up things I haven`t studied before, learn fast, but I lose interest after few months
>>
im one of those autistic faggots who always got good grades without trying, now an EE major.
i genuinely believe that IQ tests are created for the purpose of giving pretentious assholes a number to paste on their forehead and boast about.
>>
>>730944035
Good shit anon. You see what we do in life the same way as me. The thought of this all is crippling and I don't want to be a part of it, but I was given life, so I have to. I think it's stupid to kill yourself too because there are plenty of good things about life. We just have to make the best of who we are and what we do. I still don't know what I want to do with my life though because there are so many god damn things to be interested in and I can't really settle on one. Whatever, I'll just keep eating and drinking water to carry my life on until I die.
>>
>>730944035
ha!
nigger it's life is about finding out what you love and doing it, it's harder for some than others but you know your life is meaningless, why not make it fun, or even better, leave a mark on this planet?

yes society is shit, it doesn't mean you can't work for yourself, not it.
>>
>>730944362
t. someone with good memory and no actual logical thinking.
>>
Wouldn't know I'm pretty dumb.
>>
>>730940421
In the past I used to think that being smarter than majority of people around me was a burden. It was hard to fit in as a kid, especially when I had nothing in common with my peers. We had very different interests, very different ways of spending our time, not much to talk about, and even if I talked with them the difference in our intelligence was apparent to me. I viewed them as mere dumb pieces of meat. I much more appreciated conversations with adults than other kids. indulging in philosophy, astronomy, biology etc. Even in my teenage years, when I stopped having problems with making friends, I still didn't enjoy their company for the most part. People still seemed just dumb to me, but I hid those feelings inside. There even were moments that I thought that there wasn't a problem with them, but rather with me, however I understand now that was not the case at all.

Later in life, I learned to cope and accept the way people are. I do not have any problems socializing, no problem with getting girls as well, but I still only have a very few close friends whose company I enjoy. I understand now that the mind I have was never a burden, but rather a tool that I had to harness to get ahead in life. Being smart can be a huge advantage in every aspect of it when you accept the way this world is, even though stupidity of other people can still be painful sometimes.
>>
>>730944847

Found the narcissist. Being judgmental doesn't mean you're really smart, it just makes you an arrogant dick.
>>
File: 1493323262495.jpg (40KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1493323262495.jpg
40KB, 800x598px
>tfw too intelligent to take advantage of it
>>
>>730945249
You're right, to some degree I am a narcissist.
>>
>>730945249
Get the fuck out of here. How is this narcissistic if that's how he really feels? People have to jump to conclusions so quickly and I despise it. "Found the narcissist." Shut up. Even if he is, he described exactly how I feel about people in life, and that's something I can relate to. Any amount of empathy is better than none at all.
>>
>>730945249
Being judgmental is not the same as being narcissistic asswipe, it's just being judgmental.
>>
>>730940421
I prefer to be around people who are capable of thinking for themselves.

Me = individualist
Society = collectivist

Individualism > Collectivism
>>
>>730944035
I do t think you need to be that smart to figure that out. My IQ is 105 and what you posted is pretty blatant.

EQ, while being given a really shitty title, is probably more valuable overall to most people than IQ. There's no accurate way to measure it but the most successful people I know seem to have relatively average intelligence but are great with understanding and dealing with people. They are able to manipulate any situation to benefit themselves, whether it is a a financial or social goal.
>>
File: and so on.jpg (156KB, 1000x843px) Image search: [Google]
and so on.jpg
156KB, 1000x843px
>>730940421

since I'm assuming that /b/tards who got high results on some IQ-test will flock to this thread, let me tell you something

I worked for a while in a school for highly gifted children and was involved in the IQ-testing procedure.

Being highly intelligent isn't worth shit - seriously.
There are countless fuck-ups who can't get through school with decent grades despite having incredible IQ-scores in the most difficult tests.

IQ is a decent measure for your problem solving capacity and thus for your potential as a problem solving individual. But the word potential can't be stressed enough here.

Nobody gives a shit about your potential. If you are a bum on the street with an IQ of 155, you are still a bum.

If you want advice: forget about your IQ score. Just forget it. There are few thing that matter less. You IQ-score won't earn you money. Your efforts will - if you put some in. You will never be hired for your IQ-score. You probably will get hired because of your grades in school.

Fuck, your haircut probably has a higher effect on your life than your IQ-score.
>>
File: 1490952473301.jpg (250KB, 1600x866px) Image search: [Google]
1490952473301.jpg
250KB, 1600x866px
>>730946337

This anon gets it..

Here, have an internet.
>>
>>730940421

201 reporting in
i hate it
>>
>>730940854
Posts average iq. I mean maybe you're a nigger... then that'd be pretty good
>>
File: 1480744859276.gif (440KB, 323x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480744859276.gif
440KB, 323x240px
>>730942648
what the fuck.
>>
File: 53a32c5507600.png (156KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
53a32c5507600.png
156KB, 512x512px
>>730941573
>i can hide my power level good
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.