[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to disprove that God exists? >Part 2.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 43

File: checkmate_Atheists.jpg (150KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate_Atheists.jpg
150KB, 640x640px
Is it possible to disprove that God exists?

>Part 2.
>>
>>730578359
Just because you can't disprove something, doesn't make it true. I can't disprove that flying unicorns roamed the universe 13 million years and neither can you.
>>
>>730578472
Agree
>>
God is unprovable, untestable, and unknowable. And is, therefore, an invalid theory.
>>
>>730578359
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus
>>
>>730578530
Empiricism is a weak philosophy if it excludes belief in God.
God is very possible.
>>
>>730578472
It doesn't make it false either

By the same logic just because you can't prove that flying unicorns roamed the universe 13 million years ago that doesn't mean that it's not true
>>
>>730578613
Nothing wrong with a "god" being malevolent if one existed.
>>
>>730578359
No, we've had this discussion more times than I can possibly count. No "Part Two" about it, we're easily in the billions. You cannot disprove it any more than you can Russell's teapot. That doesn't mean it's there.
>>
>>730578359
To disprove god you need to prove religion's claims wrong. It will take time, but at some point, we will know enough about the universe to know that everything in the bible is complete bullshit.
>>
>>730578636
as possible as the flying spaghetti monster
possible doesnt mean real
>>
>>730578359
If you look at the complexity of universe, life on earth, all the amazing planets and natures phenomenon’s. And after that claim that there is this kind of god in the clouds, who hates homosexuals and pork etc. It’s total lunacy. If there is an omnipotent being that created us all, can see in to the future and so on, we will never be able to comprehend it, if you know what I’m saying.
>>
>>730578655
it means you are a moron if you believe in it
>>
>>730578359

Science kind of proves God exist.

You knkw like how that picture of a brain cell and what the universe might look like. Or how nebulas look like eyes. It exists on large scale and small scale. So why not consciousness? Id say probability leans that there is a being beyond our compression. Some call it God.
>>
>>730578359

Stop wasting your time on stupid, pointless questions and focus on world around you.
Not the goddamn bible.
>>
>>730578636
As are Universe-Farting Pixies.
>>
>>730578670
nothing wrong at all, but its not the god religions picture
the god religions picture is impossible to exist as epicurus proves
>>
>>730578636
Possible but not testable. Therefore any discussion on the matter is moot, as there will never be a resolution. And so the idea of a god is essentially worthless.
>>
>>730578784
/thread
>>
I served a rebuttal to like 2 of u assholes.. make sure u caught it please...
>>
>>730578848
Agreed
>>
>>730578790
>retard
>>
>>730578359
Theoretically, it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist.
>>
>>730578733
That was roughly 100 years ago m8.
>>
>>730578613
You've misquoted Epicurus. He argued an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent god cannot exist in a world where evil exists. That quote is some cunt assuming the only god can be the one in monotheism, or that all gods are the fucking power fantasy Mary Sue that the Abrahamic faggots made up.
>>
>>730578885
Empirical science is based upon abductive reasoning.
You can make abductive arguments for God even if it is not testable.
>>
>>730578790
I'll believe beings beyond our comprehension but it's kind of narcissistic to believe that they would give a fuck what we do.
>>
>>730578359
Possible to disprove organised religions as they are now
>>
>>730578790
>Nebula's sort of look like eyes
>The entire universe is sort of like a cell
>This kind of proves god.

No it doesn't. Just because some things have a large scale comparison, doesn't prove anything.
>>
File: cm.gif (1MB, 162x180px) Image search: [Google]
cm.gif
1MB, 162x180px
>>730578848
ok so u are just here to prove that religious people are wrong? dosnt everyone already know that tho... we are talking about god. u are coming into a convo about a math problem and stating all the ways retards cant math worth a shit... which puts u on retard level....
>>
>>730578926
unless it's logically contradictory eg. a square circle, an all-knowing, all-powerful entity
>>
>>730578975
Abductive reasoning is only the beginning though. It is a way to postulate a theory, not to prove one.
>>
>>730578944
do u actually know why science and religion don't mix tho? can you really explain it? most atheists leave it up subtext and let people who know the argument do the arguing, but they still wana argue anyways...so do you know how they don't fit together? which part of science says relgion cant be true and which part of religion says that science isn't true?
>>
>>730578359

The absence of proof that man on a court is guilty is the evidence that he's not guilty.

The absence of proof that God exists is the evidence He does not exists by itself.

/thread.
>>
>>730578790
you know how there are like horses and then there are like rhinos, so why not both. we could call them unicorns hurrr durrr
>>
>>730579103
Depending on the geometry of the surface, you can have triangles with three right angles. It's not as simple as what you observe. However, we can make pretty good educated guesses.

Am i wearing a blue shirt right now? You don't know. Did my blue shirt create the universe? Probably not.
>>
>>730579033
too much info taken from your own ass
you need to work a little harder on that bait friendo
>>
>>730579177
The scientific method says it. Religion is man made and irrelevant. However God as a concept is untestable, and therefore cannot exists as a valid theory.
>>
>>730579236
which info did I give? sounds a lot more like you cant rebuttal for shit... work on ur stalling faggot.
>>
>>730579261
yea see. you didn't say anything. you just regurged shit uv heard. you don't know what ur talking about. go read up on this shit faggot.
>>
>>730579320
assuming you know why other people responded something

admit you just got butt-blasted and had nothing else to say so you started attacking the person and not the argument
>>
>>730579113
Yes, but all of your deductive arguments that "prove" a phenomena are still based in abductive reasoning (using an observation to form the most likely explanation).

Take for instance quarks and nucleons. A non-composite particle has a simple, spherical structure. Nucleons have a three-pronged structure, therefore nucleons are composite particles.

This ignores the fact that matter could have had a folded tertiary structure like a protein.

You then use abductive reasoning and recognize that the simpler explanation is that we have no other evidence of folded structures so it is more likely that nucleons are composite particles.

Even with proof, you still base your beliefs upon abductive reasoning.

You can say God is the most likely explanation for the universe due to it's improbability and the explanatory power of the statement.
>>
>>730578951
Which is exactly what that quote did. God is a god named God but not all gods are named God.
>>
>>730579405
Shit I've heard? Mate what field of physics did you say you were working in again?
>>
File: great.gif (482KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
great.gif
482KB, 250x210px
>>730579320
>>730579405
people with a brain are always killing this thread....
>>
>>730579406
I didn't attack anything. I did shoot down ur argument...
>buttblasted
lmao
it sure sounds like I have plenty to say there bud... what else u got?
>>
>>730579642
you didnt shut down anything, here is what you said
>ok so u are just here to prove that religious people are wrong? dosnt everyone already know that tho... we are talking about god. u are coming into a convo about a math problem and stating all the ways retards cant math worth a shit... which puts u on retard level....

see, all you did was get anally annoyed and attacked the person, not a single word about the argument

cry some more faggot
>>
File: ikr.gif (491KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
ikr.gif
491KB, 500x274px
>>730579513
explain how science and religion don't mix... don't just regurg shit that uv heard.. give the actual reasons. and no "you cant test that so not real" isn't scientific, its ignorant... and theres wars still happening so its hardly irrelevant, but that has nothing to do with the point anyways. plus if it wasn't relevant, you wouldn't be here failing to talk shit about it... try again faggot....
>>
File: thefukretard.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
thefukretard.gif
2MB, 300x264px
>>730579757
lol nice bait. I don't eat that shit tho. carry on faggot.
>mfw assuming u arnt actually that fucking tarded....
>>
>>730579812
Have you ever studied in any STEM field? Or are you just here throwing shit, and rejecting any kind of intelligent discussion like it's one of your illegitimate nigger kids.
>>
“I may say that the impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for the existence of God; but whether this is an argument of real value, I have never been able to decide. I am aware that if we admit a first cause, the mind still craves to know whence it came and how it arose. Nor can I overlook the difficulty from the immense amount of suffering through the world. I am, also, induced to defer to a certain extent to the judgment of the many able men who have fully believed in God; but here again I see how poor an argument this is. The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man’s intellect; but man can do his duty.”
>>
>>730579924
>derrière disgruntled
>>
>>730579987
ur the one avoiding my request. you ended the "intelligent discussion". why don't they mix?
>>
File: 1339805026753.jpg (17KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1339805026753.jpg
17KB, 268x265px
>>730578359
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
>>
File: doughaters.gif (1MB, 280x235px) Image search: [Google]
doughaters.gif
1MB, 280x235px
>>730580019
>>
>>730580169
spodermun iz dat u ?
>>
>>730578359
Yes. He doesn't.
>>
>>730579999
quads are always speaking the truth
>>
>>730578359
How does it matter? Do you really think one should only disbelieve in things they can disprove?
>>
File: ugh.gif (285KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.gif
285KB, 300x100px
>>730580169
"to suffer at the hands of an outlandish man for his outlandish claims about outlandish concepts, you must first be an outlandish fool"-me just now
>>
>>730580094
I gave you a valid answer which you rejected. The core of science is about testable hypothesis. If someone presents an untestable idea, then it has no worth in science. The individual claims in religion such as Noah's ark, is testable. God is not.
>>
>>730578359
burden of proof fallacy: The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever
>>
>>730580453
I didn't reject it, u just didn't give any specific evidence as to how they don't mix. and science dose very clearly not say"if we don't know about it, it dosnt exist" so that's a shit argument. plus to someone whos religious, everything you said is wrong cus its not in the bible, them I would call a dipshit too... so you have no real evidence??? looks like it. youv proven my point.
>>
>>730580730
Such shit bait. I didn't say that if we don't know about it then it doesn't exist. I said that if we can never know about it, then it has not valid place in scientific discussion. Regardless of whether it exists or not, because we will never know.
>>
File: brick-tamland.png (311KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
brick-tamland.png
311KB, 552x414px
hahahaha I use logic to murder your stupid thread. the 2 atheists left in the room can have fun arguing with no one, im outskies. peace you crying bitches.
>>
>>730580829
see u don't even know. u called me bait but u defend urself. u suck dick at debating kid. go to school, ur not sick ur faking it.
>>
>>730580730
> and science dose very clearly not say"if we don't know about it, it dosnt exist"
Not the same anon but anyway: Science is about describing nature quantitatively. Untestable claims are simply useless in a scientific sense. Science does not ask the question "Does x exist?" but "Is it useful to include the idea of x into our model?". God has no merit in that regard.
>>
>>730578898
Be more black
It's not obvious enough that you're a nigger
>>
>>730578359
Does nature exist?
>Yes.
Then at the bare minimun we have a God that rules over it. Nature itself.
>But isn't God a being made of spirit or some other shit?
Yes, depending on what you believe he is. What you believe or not doesn't change what he actualy is, but you can "perceive" him in every level, so you can have a "different God" for every moment of your life depending on what you need or see.
>But I believe God doesn't exist, because [science or some other rational explanation]
And you might be right. Thing is, given that you like rationality we get back to the God-Nature, because you can prove nature, so your God is the principle that makes nature exist and work, even if it is randomness.
>B-but, muh edgy atheist ideas.... am I not hip with the kids anymore?
Atheism is actually very good, not throwing shit at them. But don't try to act cool talking about other people's shit if you don't know jack. You are not special, you look stupid and bet people don't invite you to many parties because you are so stuck in the mud.
>>
>>730578359
The biggest argument I have is that the bible contradicts itself by saying Jesus died for your sins but in the rapture, only those without sin will be saved. Jesus dying for your sins means any sins you commit are absolved because he takes the burden for you meaning if the rapture happened you'd be saved but it says not everyone will be saved. It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>730581534
>God isn't just the catholic one.
That out of the way, let me explain what you said.
Jesus dying isn't a "get out of jail free" to go do everything you want, that's stupid.
The sin thing on the rapture isn't about people that never sinned, that's freaking impossible. It's about people that, even though they sinned, they know full well they did so, feel fucking guilty, and asks for forgiveness. Then you are judged if you are worthy of forgiveness, to only then be stripped of your sins and be saved (as it's stated).
>>
>>730581860
well, there you go,
>God isn't just the Catholic one
God doesn't exist because people have taken other religions from the past and altered their beliefs to fit their mindsets. Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, are all based off other religions, you think they were the first religions to have a "savior" who rose from the dead?
>>
>>730581860
Oh btw.
Sin isn't just "don't fuck 'till mariage". Sin is anything you do that makes you feel like shit afterwards. Like spitting upwards.
>>
>>730582171
religion is a man made idea
>>
>>730582171
>Implying every religion has any major discrepancy between their Gods.
They all have pretty much the same one.
Also, read >>730581404.
>>
>>730582290
like we haven't read that drivel
>>
>>730582631
Is it wrong tho?
>>
Disprove the existence of Thor or any other magical being.
>>
>>730582711
>Use science to tackle spirit.
Fallacy.
>>
>>730582667
its either an opinion piece or wrong
>>
>>730578359
If I don't get dubs, got doesn't exist. Definitive answer, you're welcome.
>>
>these plebs still try to disprove god
Read about Pascal's bet instead of those fake philosophers who just try to act intelligent.
>>
>>730582806
Sure it is an opinion.
Like I said, every person can have a different idea of God based on their needs, experiences and/or philosophy. But since God, by definition, encompassed everything, not one of them is wrong in any form, they are facets.
I just feel that even using logic and rationality it's just blinding yourself to say that "there's none". I even demonstrated that even if nature is the only thing there is, there's a God there.
>>
>>730578359
Physicist here:

>Yup, there's a god.

Not in the "I'm watching you, and judging you for masturbating" sense. [Which is where christcucks and islamic mudslimes lose me.] Also not in the "go fuck over every one for your own gain" sense [which is where kikes lose me]. But there is a god.

The mathematics of the universe is too god damn beautiful for it to have been 'accidental'. Especially seeing as every sapient being is a little piece of the universe capable of experiencing itself.

So there is a god. That god made us, and everything else. I'm pretty sure it made us so to give us the opportunity to learn about it, and become like it.

We're like an embryo of what our civilization, our people, could be. That is our purpose.
>>
>>730583134
>>730583295
I rest my case.
>>
>>730583063
Anyone who seriously thinks that you should believe in god because you have nothing to lose can only do so because he has already lost all of his self respect and intellectual integrity by even considering this twisted wager. If an opportunist is more likely to go to heaven than someone who can simply not make himself honestly belive in god then heaven is no place I want to spend eternity.
>>
>>730583295
you are a disgrace
>>
>>730583295
>The mathematics of the universe is too god damn beautiful for it to have been 'accidental'.
On the other hand, god wouldn't allow atrocity such as your stupidity to persist. SO there is no god.
>>
>>730583387
>No mama, I dun wanna see
>>
>>730579447
But any god capable of creating the universe must be at least as complicated in construction as the universe itself. This would make God the more complex option and therefore less likely than random chance.
>>
>>730583380
> If an opportunist is more likely to go to heaven than someone who can simply not make himself honestly belive in god then heaven is no place I want to spend eternity.
That differs on other beliefs, but if you go ask a catholic father about this quote, he'll say that the opportunist is more likely to burn.
>>
>>730583134
you didn't demonstrate anything other than your ability to label things, and your wanting to project those labels onto the way others think

i don't call it nature. it is mankind's body of knowledge of our understanding of how the universe works which is based on testable empirical evidence published in peer reviewed scientific publications over the years and thoroughly eviscerated by other scientists and this process process of worldwide research adding to this body of knowledge continues unabated.

you know the periodic table? humans can create elements which do not exist in your 'nature'. that's incompatible with your model of 'nature' and god
>>
No, you can't. So stop bitching and become an agnostic.
>>
>>730583295
lies
>>
>>730578359

is it possible to disprove anything?
>>
>>730578655
Believing it is fine but basing your life and moral choices on a book that tells you so is madness
>>
>>730578359
If god existed we wouldn't have islam.
>>
>>730583636
Then Pascals wager is useless because that's all it says. Sell your belief to the highest bidder.
>>
>>730578655
Another interesting fact:
In the mathematical logic which every sience is using (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-order_logic) there exist statements which are neither true nor false.
This is proven by the famous https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems
Thus it is always possible to argue that the Statement "God Exists" can't be proven or disproven.
>>
>>730581366
im german, so im not sure why it would be...
>>
>>730581128
that may be true, but I never said that it wasn't true. we arnt talking about that, we are talking about if it exists. atheists always change the discussion to something less stupid once they are reminded that the reason they give a shit so much is a stupid reason to give somany shits...
>>
>>730583538
Well, due to the improbability of such an order, a greater phenomena is implied, which would be an Omniscient, Omnipotent Creator.

The next questions are then Who and Why?
>>
>>730583705
>your ability to label things, and your wanting to project those labels onto the way others think
So what would be God then? The word, at least, has to have meaning.
>[the part where you define what's nature]
I meant nature in a broader way, not just what humans know, but ok.
>that's incompatible with your model of 'nature' and god
We create new elemnts. Ok. Do we shatter the laws of nature to do so? No. So it's still in nature's grasp.
>>
>>730578733
That doesn't disprove god you actual retard. It just means the followers will view the text metaphorically. It's impossible to disprove god, because
there is no universal definition of god.
>>
>>730581128
What about abiogenesis and the problem of Chirality?

Technically, God could be included in a new hypothesis of reality, therefore, giving him "merit."
>>
>>730583380
You didn't understand it. You're losing all that is material which is something that has a limit in all 4 cases, but if you decide to believe in God and he exist you reach salvation which is an infinite good. Don't look at the way medievals looked at how to get to salvation/paradise because the Bible never meant that people who suffer deserve salvation.
>>
File: BRB.png (11KB, 418x269px) Image search: [Google]
BRB.png
11KB, 418x269px
>>730578359
Non-believers say that no one can prove the existence of santa and they're right, but i say no one can disprove that santa exists.

>hurr durr if u can't prove its fake then it must be real!

Logic = flawed.

You can't prove that nothing is real and its all a simulation created by Andy Biersack's shit log.
>>
>>730579452
Ha name is Yahweh though
>>
>>730578359
You can look for a unicorn without finding any.
But it's not a proof that it doesn't exist, that's your point right ?
(I assume that unicorns doesn't exist)
>>
>>730584369
>hurr durr
>>
>>730581534
The rapture isn't even in the Bible, it was spread by John Darby in the 1830s
>>
>>730578359
If there is a park and someone says there is a bear on the park and you go look for it and you don't find it, you can't say there is no bear in the park.
But if for over two decades you look for the bear and you never find the bear nor traces of it's existence, no fur, no poop, no footprints, no dead animals, no broken trees where bears like to scratch their backs, you can, by lack of evidence, say there is no bear and let your kids play on the park.
>>
>>730584629
Counterargument: Schrodinger's cat.
Not even proving God, but wtf are you even on about?
>>
>>730584206
>So what would be God then? The word, at least, has to have meaning.
why does it have to have meaning? i'm not interested in defining god it'll go nowhere

like i said we keep discovering how the universe and everything in it works. we study that thing.

humans have done things beyond nature's grasp without god

>>730584629
kek
>>
ITT underage b& testing out their babbys first argumentative skills. Everyone see the flawed logic in OPs troll post you fucking pedants
>>
Is it weird if I believe in God but not religion?
>>
>>730584830
>Without God
Ok, this is the part where you show that you don't know jack about spiritualism/religions/God.

Do tell me, do you actually think that if God helped us, a colossal hand would part the skies, shattering airplanes, so that he can write on a piece of paper the numbers of the lotto to you? Is God your granpa on a chair on a cute cloud?
It's cute really.
>>
>>730579812
Science chooses to say I don't know the things I can't understand but I'll try to figure them out. Religion says fuck that here's the law of the land don't question it. Religion by nature isn't scientific but based in ignorance and fear. It's a way to comfort those that need reason in the chaos that is our existence. The world was created in a beautiful way like a baby growing in the womb or a field of wild flowers. Sometimes beautiful things crop up among the chaos. Just like human life. Just like the few decent people you may see around you. Gems in the sea of piss.

Spirituality conflicts with reasoning and teaches you to take things as they feel or seem instead of the truth behind it.
>>
>>730585028
No.
>>
If there is a god of some sort then he/she/it is a massive asshole
>>
>>730585028
Not in the modern age
>>
File: Shit.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>
>>730585235
The guy above me is intelligent and not a faggot.
>>
>>730585195
Or, just maybe, you're anthropomorphizing him/she/it too much and projecting a human mind, motivations, thoughts, and emotions onto the concept. Which I get, people have done that forever, but there's no sense arguing against the primitive and anthropomorphic conceptions of god when there are so many conceptions without these qualities
>>
File: areu.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
areu.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>730585126
no sorry, that's not the answer... we arnt asking you to regurg a bunch of dawkins horseshit about people comforting themselves by being in the intellectual majority(atheism) we are talking abut how they actually conflict. what actual principles conflict between the 2. you guys suck dick at this. seriously...
>>
>>730585294
ur full of shit. he isn't any such thing. you guys are both fucktards
>>
>>730585028
Spirituality is something that won't go away. It gives singular people a chance to have reason where there is none. Regardless of the truth to the question of god, religion is a blemish on the world. It's pretty much just an unchecked well of money for anyone that wants to abuse it. The hate it feeds into the world for such pointless shit does nothing but ruin any good it ever had the chance of creating.

Cool, you brought community with your religion. You also ostracized dozens of others, attacked these people, and ran these people from their homes. It's nothing but a selfish way to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>730584345
>decide to believe
See, that's the point. That's not how it works. You don't decide it, you get convinced. But if you pretend to believe it just because you think it's good for you, but not because you genuinely think it's true then that makes you an opportunist.
>>
>>730578359
this movie is p gay and I think theists who try to argue the existence of god are kind of missing the point of faith tbqh fam
>>
>>730585391
>Dawkins
Never even read anything about it. Just because your empty head can't fit anything into it while full of all that hot air doesn't mean it's "regurgitated" but you don't even know how to spell that word, so how can anyone have an intellectual conversation with someone who chooses to live their life in ignorance? It has nothing to so with atheism. I'm not an atheist I'm just quite simply someone who doesn't play with religion. You come in here with preconceived notions and don't want to learn, but rather spew bullshit in hopes to spread your ignorance to others.

Never argue with a fool, they'll just drag you to their level and beat you with experience.
>>
>>730585646
See, that's the point. You aren't convinced, you get spiritually remembered. Religion comes from the word "religare", to turn a person back into something he/she already (on a very visceral term) knew.

People here pretend to know shit they don't and this turns to a shit fest.
>>
>>730585607
religious people seek the comfort of thinking they are being cared for.= atheist seek the comfort of thinking they are smarter than someone(and they for some sad reason pick people with imaginary friends).... one group assumes there is while one assumes there is not... two retards in the same special ed class.
>>
File: vader.gif (883KB, 350x170px) Image search: [Google]
vader.gif
883KB, 350x170px
>>730585881
>emptyhead
not worth reading im sure. try harder faggot.
>>
>>730585881
im not same anon, but you totally avoided the point. dumb faggot...
>>
File: Christ in the Desert.jpg (569KB, 1711x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Christ in the Desert.jpg
569KB, 1711x1500px
Romans 1:19-23
>Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
>For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
>Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
>Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
>And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Hebrews 11:1
>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24
>For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Matthew 7:7-11
>Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
>For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
>Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
>Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
>If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

A reminder that God is knowable to anyone who asks and opens their heart.

t. former hardcore atheist
>>
>>730586322
Jesus H Christ, I loved your post.
>>
>>730586322
"When will the Kingdom of Heaven come?...

The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."
>>
>>730586322
>>
>>730586322
I sat in one spot and told god I wasn't leaving that spot until he told me what he wanted from me, before I ever saw jesus do it. life be fucking cray
>>
>>730586625
Holy shit, the guy just posted something half baked from reddit. Take cover.
>>
>>730586625
don't forget the fruit of arbitrary authority
>>
>>730578359
No. It's also not possible to disprove that I have super powers.
>>
>>730586748
>>730586861

and now we wait...
>>
>>730586903
im second guy. what u mean?
>>
Can you disprove that we aren't in the Matrix? No, you can't. Saying that "you can't prove that god doesn't exists" is stupid because I can put in literally anything I want in that sentence. Unicorns, that we are in the matrix, giant 3 headed dogs, super powers, a giant teapot orbiting Jupiter. Literally anything.
Here's a fun mental exercise. Try to prove that: a giant teapot that orbits Jupiter in such a way that we will never see it, doesn't exist. You can present me with all the evidence you want, and I can just make up all contrived bull shit I want to argue against your every point.
Its not about what you can disprove, its about what you can prove. That's all that matters. In science at least. There's a quote that goes "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." Well its not evidence of existence either. Its just lack of evidence. Don't let any christian tell you that the absence of evidence is actually evidence of existence. That's not how it works.
>>
File: 473476326287.jpg (143KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
473476326287.jpg
143KB, 900x900px
>>730586625
>It's an atheist lectures others on what the Bible says thread
>>
>>730587413
cool so we don't know anything for sure an the only assholes are the people complaining that some of us have imaginary friends..... so how do we fix the problem? everyone just stop fucking complaining...
>>
>>730587413
God is the only explanation for the universe. Teapots orbiting Jupiter doesn't explain anything or function as a prerequisite for comprehending the world we see.
>>
>>730588362
what about the multiverse?
>>
File: question-beliefs.png (46KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
question-beliefs.png
46KB, 420x294px
>>730587444

i find it odd that in most circumstances, an atheist is better read on the bible than an actual catholic/christian.
>>
>>730588507
>what about the multiverse?

It's in the same category of teapots orbiting Jupiter. That is, it's not "seen" but it also doesn't explain anything.
>>
>>730588507
God is the "best" explanation for the universe.

Countless untold universes with same forces of nature in different perturbations which coincidentally find their purpose in this one?

The universe is very purposeful and harmonious if you conceptualize it properly.
>>
>>730578359

yep

the ideas based on a book , find holes in the story and you demonstrate the books a pile of bollocks

however given its rewriotern a fair few times and altered to suit the time then its not exactly a trial to demonstrate the problem .

butt lets face it the idea of gods and spirits and shit has been going on since humans managed to be able recongnise and so its an ingrained concept . Theres also that issue of hierarchy so there always has to be something better to strive for so its pissing in the wind to try to prove or otherwise about gods , tards will always lick windows
>>
File: shrug.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>730588692
>>730588636
>>
>>730588761
Believing that god exists is not the same thing as believing in one of the world's current religions. you can still believe in a god without a specific institution for it.
>>
File: 74637436734.jpg (298KB, 620x933px) Image search: [Google]
74637436734.jpg
298KB, 620x933px
>>730588581
No, most atheists just start screaming about shellfish and mixed fabrics and then go off on tangents about how God isn't real because they can think of examples of Him not conforming to their egalitarian, postmodern morality.

95% of Catholics can't even be prodded into going to Mass more than once a decade, no shit they don't know what's in the Bible either. The parts where it expounds on the legitimacy of the Papacy or the practice of Indulgences is right next to the part the Atheists read out of where it says if you eat a lobster you should be executed and are going to hell.

Most Catholics/liberal Christians are as well "read" as most atheists are i.e. it's 100% based on what they heard other people say.

When I was a hardcore atheist I remember when I took a casual interest in Christian theology and then started looking up doctrinal positions derived from the Bible, and I was amazed at how much absolute horseshit atheists make up or completely get wrong without even bothering to try and get it correct.
>>
>>730578359
No, but it is unneccesary.
>>
>>730589227
>if you eat a lobster you should be executed and are going to hell.

seriously, that's a thing? never heard of it before today.
>>
>>730578359
get the fuck out of here you fucking reddit cancer moisty retarded penis head reddit user
>>
You can't disprove santa claus exist because magic
>>
>>730589561
Leviticus 11:9-12King James Version (KJV)

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
>>
>>730590000

short version: go to Red Lobster, go to Hell.
>>
>>730590000
chegd
>>
>>730585391
Seriously dude, people have given you straightforward answers a bunch of times now. Best to just let it go if you're not going to engage with what they're saying and just accuse them of saying nothing.
>>
>>730589561
>seriously, that's a thing? never heard of it before today.

No, that's kind of the point. Most atheists think that eating shellfish (lobster, shrimp, crawdads, mussels, etc.) required the death penalty according to the Bible. This is wrong on multiple levels. Even under the Old Covenant it didn't result in the death penalty (or even so much as a fine) as this was a ritualistic practice and not a part of God's "normal" law (like there are against murder, rape, Sodomy, theft, lying, etc.) that is applicable to everyone. Furthermore in the New Covenant that Jesus brought, all of this ritualistic stuff was completely done away with. No more mandatory circumcisions, holy days, dietary laws, clothing requirements, etc.
>>
>>730578359
God created the world that is biggest single fact ever
>>
>>730578359
You are a fucking adult and you think a debate exists for God thats some fucking autistic shit
>>
>>730578359
Natural disasters that kill thousands happen ever year.
God has unlimited power, and would so be able to stop this, especially to concede to his commandment 'thou shalt not kill'
So, either god doesn't
Care, can't, or doesn't exist.
Go ahead, take your pick, and then think. If it is because if this, then why should we worship him
>>
File: assumption.jpg (26KB, 236x359px) Image search: [Google]
assumption.jpg
26KB, 236x359px
>>730578359
>"Atheists say no one can prove the existence of God and they're fight..."
Stopped reading
>>
File: Faithful and True.png (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Faithful and True.png
508KB, 1920x1080px
>>730590448
Humans thinking that God doesn't exist because it's incomprehensible to us what is motives are or how he actually works is like saying humans don't exist because ants can't even remotely comprehend how we operate or make decisions.

This is the dumbest fucking argument on the planet.
>>
>>730590111
none of it has anything to do with actually scientific facts. its all "comfort, security, outdated, irrelevant, testable, logical, evidence...."bla bla bla. im saying how do they actually conflict...? what actual scientific facts make god unlikely. if youv been reading the responses and you think it really got answered, im positive you don't have a good answer either. try again. also I don't have a religion, so its not like im bias. atheists are just dumb like Christians in my opinion. I want atheists to know they are just as stupid.. its annoying when they go around talking about science and intellect when they cant even honestly say their agenda cus they know its all their own mentality.
>>
>>730578359
If an omnipotent, all-knowing being exists, and he's cool with things like genocide, daterape, and furries, then he's an asshole.
>>
File: VJW3dpV.png (402KB, 556x312px) Image search: [Google]
VJW3dpV.png
402KB, 556x312px
>>730578359
>>
>>730578359
The God of the Abrahamic faiths is as valid as any other mythology in existence. What makes yours the right one?
>>
>>730578790
Things look kinda alike therefore GOD DUNNIT
>>
>>730578359

What science has proved is that the universe is orderded, that the most brillant minds of mandkind struggled to understand its most simple laws and yet we don't know half of how the universe works.

Intelligence lies in matter and denying that there's a supperior order is just being blind.

So keep crying because "uhh people are so mean, why do bad things happen to me ? There can't be a God otherwise it's an evil God" when you're not able to recognise the beauty and perfection that lies in nature
>>
>>730578670
It would just mean we would have found a way of deicide by now. if we had failed, after all, we wouldn't still be around.
>>
>>730578709
you know, I really hope that some day, someone actually goes and puts a teapot in the correct orbit (somewhere between Earth and Mars), just for the hell of it.
>>
>>730590265
Yes, but where is the evidence to back up this 'fact?'
>>730590156
>most
Source for the number?
>>730589652
Kys
>>730589227
>most
Again, source for #s?
>>
>>730591109
god cant exist cus I knew someone that died this one time....
>>
File: applies why.jpg (90KB, 765x768px) Image search: [Google]
applies why.jpg
90KB, 765x768px
>>
File: jesuspray.jpg (31KB, 331x448px) Image search: [Google]
jesuspray.jpg
31KB, 331x448px
Yes, I can disprove the existence of God:
>humans have been around for 100+ thousands of years
>God was invented something like 3000 years ago
>God is a cultural trait

God is invented, therefore he is not real.
>>
"Ok. I'm an omnipotent god, and I want people to believe in me. I made them. I provided everything they own, yet they still don't really believe in me. You know what I should do? Talk to possibly some of the most mentally unstable people in this world, not any of their leaders or anything, because who listens to those fuckers?"
Seriously though, why hasn't anyone who wasn't a nobody before they were a prophet become a prophet?
>>
>>730591584
Evidence is just one part of our reasoning process.

Delving deeper into the rabbit whole, you realize that your entire belief system is based upon abductive reasoning and not "facts."

You believe in the consistency of the laws of nature not just because that is what we measure, but rather because there is a pattern and greater concept of nature forming. All of the measurements add up to form a coherent image of reality. It explains our existence.

If something being repetitive makes it true, that would mean that the sun will probably always rise because we have always observed it to be so.

The laws of nature very well could change and could have changed multiple times throughout history. But we find it unlikely that nature driven by a blind chaotic process, would be able to disorganize and reorganize itself so as to be unrecognizable from a constant order.
>>
>>730590826
Or an anon
>>
If god is omnipotent and all-powerful he can ignore all laws of physics and man
>>730591988
just because it's implausible doesn't mean it's impossible

I'm not religious and I too find it ridiculous that people believe in gods, but if the truth is that an all-powerful god doesn't exist there's no way to prove it, because an all-powerful god could technically just hide in existence, no matter if that defies all laws of logic and reason. God could literally hide his existence by not existing, possibly temporarily.
>>
>>730578359
Depends on your definition. If you're talking about a Theistic God who intervenes in human affairs and takes sides in wars then yes, that can be easily disproved and discarded.

take the Christian story.

From what we know about evolutionary history, humans have been hear on earth anywhere between 150,000 to 200,000 years. In the intervening years from then till now humans have had an average life expectancy of about 25-30, dying of brain rot from tooth decay and wars over land, wealth, women and food. Pitiless extermination on a scale that's impossible to comprehend, not to mention our close sapien cousins who went exctinct, as we almost did, numbering about 20,000 at one point.

Heaven presumably watches this epoch of destruction with folded arms, indifferent, until roughly 2000 years ago decides "we have to intervene". And we're going to do this by having a revelation in Iron Age Palestine by condemning an innocent to brutal execution. Let's not say, appear to the Chinese who at that point enjoyed a civilisation full of language and philosophy. Let's appeal to illiterate, stupid desert nomads.

You have to believe something like this to infer a theistic God, and it shows a willingness to believe anything.

A deistic God is a different story, and it's commonly referred to Einstiens God. A God that doesn't intervene or necessarily care about Human affairs, but nevertheless created the universe.
>>
>>730591953
>god is a cultural trait
dumb faggot.....and the oldest civilizations that we know of had gods. way longer than 3000 years ago. your just bitter that ur mommy and daddy forced you into sunday school. go cry to them about this shit....
>>
>>730592253
Ok, but the patterns are tangible, and there's evidence to support their consistency. It's not something that you just look at and say 'that's a pattern because I say so.' It's a a pattern because it repeats consistently and often, and can be shown to do so. Since this is what we have evidence of, it becomes the most likely answer. If there's a case of theft in a court, and all evidence points toward one suspect, even your emotions point toward that suspect, but someone strolls up and says 'haha, no, it's this other guy, because I said so,' which would you choose to support?
>>
>>730578655
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot
Enjoy.
>>
>>730592479
I'll admit it's plausible but goddamn it's like a child's game. They can't lose because they make the fucking rules. It's absurd.
>>
>>730593026
this is the root of the problem. heres a mirror atheists... get used to it and try to own up pussys.
>>
File: DSC00290.jpg (275KB, 1573x1461px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00290.jpg
275KB, 1573x1461px
>>730593026
Yeah well, the best thing to do is keep mourning ad christfags because until they prove that their god is real, it isn't.
That's how science works, that's how humans work, that's how this world works.
We make the rules on the rules, so we win.
>>
>god has the entire immense universe to frolic in

>decides to watch this one tiny blue ball in the cosmos

>earth is just god binge watching netflix
>>
Literally using the scientific method, it doesn't even get past observation.
>>
>>730592881
>huuurrr the oldest civilizations had gods

That's one more proof that God doesn't exist, isn't it you dumb faggot?
>>
>>730578530
This guy is cientific, you are right nigger=
>>
File: bagh.gif (474KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
bagh.gif
474KB, 500x206px
>>730593177
wow... this shit too.. ffs.smh..*facepalm* *crys for fucking humanity*
>>
Overall.
Who fucking cares? Believe in God if you want, doesn't matter if its real or not. If you can improve your life by believing in something real or not it makes it real to you. And at the end of the day you are the only person living in your own shoes. If you don't want to believe in God than don't, why waste your time believing in something you cant prove? In conclusion of my thread analysis.. Who fucking cares?
>>
Either shit bait or OP is a retard.
>>
>>730592881
>the oldest civilizations that we know of had gods

did they provide proof of these gods?

they didn't?

funny that you would dismiss their gods as nonsense, but not the one you picked.
>>
>>730578359

that's why agnosticism is the only reasonable scientific stance on supernatural entities.

the catch is that logically you can only believe in gods as much as you believe in any other mythological being that there's no way to test for, like unicorns, goblins, dragons, etc....

You can't scientifically rule out god without a test, but the entire concept is pretty much a waste of time scientifically speaking to even consider it.
>>
>>730593267

there was a south park episode about that...except it was aliens not god.
>>
>>730593597
This.
>>
File: darkness.jpg (2KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
darkness.jpg
2KB, 125x95px
>>730593194
that's not how science works. everything you just said mean you find solace in hiding in a group. some people are "brave enough" to think for themselves even if nobody agrees. and u, will never win, and never have. you gross fucking virgin...
>>
>>730593681

at least when Kenny dies, he comes back.
>>
>>730578359
You can't prove a negative.

>>730593639
Agnocosticism isnt a between point. You're either agnostic atheist or agnostic Christian (or whatever religion).
>>
File: wtf.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>730593470
whats that even mean bitch have you ever englished at fucking all?
>>
>>730593597
>Who fucking cares?

It would be grand if this was the case, but billions of people can't keep religion to themselves.

Ex. Muslims, the people who knock on your door on Sunday, Mormons
>>
>>730578359
No - and that's the end of the conversation.
>>
>>730578359
Not really because what God is depends pretty much on who you are talking to, and so you'd get the "not real communism" treatment.
>>
>>730593871
I hate that shit, the religions who push it on others should get their houses fucking nuked.
>>
>>730593638
i havnt picked one, i don't dismiss their gods. this is why atheists are faggots. you cant argue with anyone who isn't a retard religious types.
>>
>>730578359
Of course not. In fact, I can prove He exists.

Let us take God to be defined as "the unique entity which is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent."

The universe is omnipotent (in the sense that anything physically possible is by definition within its capabilities), omniscient (in the sense that time exists and contains all past events), and omnipresent. It also exists.

Therefore, "the unique entity which is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent" (i.e. God, by our previous definition) exists, and It is the universe.
>>
>>730593867

typical butthurt christian when confronted with the truth.
>>
>>730594098
God is everything? God is in everything?
>>
>>730594098
thats retarded
>>
>>730578670
True, but if God exists and he is a malevolent son of a bitch then he can go fuck his own cosmic ass.
>>
>>730594178
God is THE everything, and nothing more. God isn't just the universe, the WORD God MEANS the universe. Any supplemental information written in any holy book about It (except in astrophysics textbooks) is simply fanfiction in which It is the main character.
>>
>>730585991
I think most atheists are more concerned with human rights, routinely violated by religious authorities
>>
>>730594098
omnipotent means able to do anything, not able to do anything that is physically possible. and the universe doesn't know anything. it isn't even aware of itself. it's as omniscient as a rock, which isn't omniscient at all.
>>
>>730594146
>implying im Christian
typical atheist="someone says im a dipshit, they must be Christian". nigga u wish you could butthurt anyone. you couldn't off urself and make ur own mom butthurt, much less hurt strangers with ur retardation...
>>
File: cmn.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cmn.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>730594026
>dismiss someone's argument with kindergarden hysteria
>doesn't present any counter-argument: gods existing in ancient civilizations reinforces that god is a cultural trait
>whines about how atheists are "closed minded religious types

Can you get more autistic than this?
>>
>>730594375
>omnipotent means able to do anything, not able to do anything that is physically possible.
I contest that anything which is not physically possible is in fact a thing.
>and the universe doesn't know anything. it isn't even aware of itself. it's as omniscient as a rock, which isn't omniscient at all.
Not all knowledge is stored in brains. The universe knows everything that is, in the same sense that a book holds all the knowledge written in it.
>>
I believe in God. It appears that a lot of you do not. Even though I will never meet most of you, take solace in the fact that you are loved by God whether you believe or not. Faith is a surrender of reason, not a reason to surrender.
>>
File: Sarlacc-Pit.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Sarlacc-Pit.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
>>730578790
Anuses look kinda like sarlac pitd, doesn't prove they exist.
>>
>>730594098
You just equated God to the universe.
A universe that you haven't proven to actually exist.
>>
>>730594026
>i havnt picked one
>atheists are faggots

you just stated you haven't picked a god, so that means you are an atheist, and ergo, a faggot.

well done.
>>
>>730578359
All you *know* is what your senses tell you right now.

It's impossible to definitely prove a god exists or does not exist based on combinations of sensory input + memories + imagination.

It's all speculation. Almost everything you assume to be real is, to some degree, speculation.
>>
>>730594322

and being god, he can actually do that.
>>
>>730594671
lol
>>
>>730594703
let us define existing as being any portion of the universe

a sensible definition to be sure

under this definition, the universe exists
>>
>>730594374
lmao
>routinely
whens that happen again?
i agree gays need to be able to marry so they can share insurance. but other than that(excluding the middle east) no ones rights are being violated. also that's a problem with people, not religion. also youv never met an atheist who cares about human rights. they care about feeling smarter than a large portion of the population. if your gona talk to me u need to address my points in between spouting excuses...
>>
>>730594655
that sounds like a dumb quote
>>
>>730594655
Faith is, indeed, a surrender of reason.

That, of course, makes no sense.
>>
>>730594817

sounds like a bumper sticker to me.
>>
Look at these half-wits provoke the wrath of God and act like they can withstand the pain.

Some people can hear the voice of God, and some can't. It's not God's fault they are acting irrationally.
>>
God is irrelevant without definition.

"God" is term used by many different people to mean many different things.

First, before the approval or disapproval point of God, it must be defined.

Logically, we can disprove many of the versions of God.

If you take the route of God as undefinable, then, unless you're seeking intellectual or scientific works on it, it's irrelevant because it holds no weight on your life. You're abiding by rules set by something that you yourself do not believe in.

You go the route of it's the creator of life, again you reach a point where it's irrelevant due to its bearing on your life.

"God" exists, God isn't defined enough to warrant a discussion on it's truth value.
>>
File: utippin.gif (324KB, 401x353px) Image search: [Google]
utippin.gif
324KB, 401x353px
>>730594509
lmao can you read more autistically than that? lmao where did you get any of that? wow bitch. im sorry you have to be you. think about those words next time you look in the mirror.lmao
>>
>>730594865
>>730594865
Bumper stickers are retarded as fuck
>>
>>730594954
lol, yes you can.
>>
>>730585991

"Why do you have to go after religion? It gives people comfort; it doesn't hurt anything."

Okay, well, other than most wars, the Crusades, the Inquisition, 9/11, arranged marriages to minors, blowing up girls' schools, the suppression of women and homosexuals, fatwas, ethnic cleansing, honor rape, human sacrifice, burning witches, suicide bombings, condoning slavery, and the systematic fucking of children, there's a few little things I have a problem with.
>>
>>730594798
>define existing as being any portion of the universe
>under this definition, the universe exists
Which boils down to circular reasoning.
>>
>>730578359
that was the worst fucking movie ever made
>>
>>730594864
Reason is a fancy word for conditioning. Reason says an eye for an eye. Faith says I am not my flesh.
>>
>>730578359
If there is God, then he will gives me a trips!
>>
One time my grandmother died in the hospital and had no heartbeat or anything and when she came back she told me all she saw was nothing. so yes god is disproven.
>>
>>730594710
we are discussing "non belief" atheists. that's what people who choose to not believe a god can exist, call themselves. so its the term i use. even tho it is not the correct term. if someone says they don't know, that's fine. but assuming you have the answers and crying like a bitch about religion makes that person a dipshit. and i don't take part in an organized known theism, but that dosnt mean i don't have a theism.
>>
>>730595163

jesus has denied your trips.
>>
>>730578359
Maybe after he gave the humans free will and we kept spilling blood and killing innocents in his name and the name of the prophets he sent God just decided to not try anymore and just wait for the judgment day .
Just some speculation but still ...
>>
You believe in Justice don't you?
Justice returns like actions for like actions to restore equilibrium to a system.
Good is rewarded and Evil is punished.
Well, sin is the destruction of God's will, so a sinner must like-wise be destroyed.
This destruction should be idealistic. What is complete destruction of a human being?
Pain, which is dissonance of the soul.
What is the fullest pain? Why, that would be excited pain from a heat source.
The sinners whole body is consumed in abstract flame.

What are the chances that Jesus would guess and understand divine justice fully?

Like lamb to the slaughter I say.
>>
File: aaaalex.jpg (246KB, 981x1280px) Image search: [Google]
aaaalex.jpg
246KB, 981x1280px
>>730595093
that's just people being stupid. they would have done that anyways you dumb faggot. have fun crying about 200 years in the past.. and your present
>suppression of women fuken kek.....
>>
>>730595097
No, not quite. It would be circular reasoning if it looked like this:
>let us define existing as being any portion of the universe BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE EXISTS
>the universe then exists by this definition
Without that "because" there, the definition I suggest is not an inference from its own conclusion (which is what circular reasoning is), but merely an altogether unsubstantiated premise. I'm confident nonetheless in posing it because, as I said, it is "sensible."
>>
>>730578359
your god is a joke and so are you. fuck off op
>>
I'm actually God.
Call the news and alert your locale christian friends.

Protip, you won't.
>>
>>730595544
dubs of truth!
>>
File: empress2.jpg (28KB, 597x362px) Image search: [Google]
empress2.jpg
28KB, 597x362px
>>730595064
your going to have to try a bit harder dumb faggot.... have fun trying.... poor guy.
>>
File: 1493011713647 (1).jpg (8KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1493011713647 (1).jpg
8KB, 474x473px
>"Intelligent" atheists still haven't defined atheism

Oh this is rich
>>
File: Buddy_christ.jpg (31KB, 370x284px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_christ.jpg
31KB, 370x284px
>>730595544
i just did all that sheeeeeit.... how bou da?
>>
>>730595624
>"intelligent" theists still can't agree on a definition of God
see: >>730595614
>>
>>730595602
I would have made it quads but that would have costed a lamb somewhere.
>>
>>730578359

Gods exist for one reason, to ease peoples minds for when they die.

People are scared of finality, no longer able to be aware, no longer able to think, to use senses, no longer able to live.

So they invent heavens, reincarnations etc to feel better about dying.

Can I disprove that God exists, yes.

If he was the one and only God, then there would not have been multitudes of religions some with multiple gods like Hindus do.

But also the fact other religions before the Christian God was created, thusly proof that he was man made, or else if he was commanding man since the dawn of time... then the other religions would not have existed.

"But Their God/s is our God." -- Bullshit excuse.

And anytime something goes wrong and shows Christianity in a bad light, it's "God did that to test us", another bullshit excuse.

Plus add to the fact that the bible declares the world was created a few thousand of years ago, but science shows that the Earth was created billions of years ago, again shows that God does not exist, he did not create any worlds etc.

No Heaven etc.

I invite you to listen to John Lennon's Imagine, then you will see what he said is true, if no religion existed this world would be a better place.
>>
>>730595260

If you lack an active belief in gods, you are an atheist.

Being an atheist doesn’t mean you’re sure about every theological question, have answers to the way the world was created, or how evolution works. It just means that the assertion that gods exist has left you unconvinced.
>>
>>730595624
yea they change it up once they get caught
"oh no they figured out my matives are purly petty and juvenile, better pretend i just doubt god and really really care about fags rights...cus ya know, im all alt right and shit...what? that's just b getting powned and used by conservatives? nooooooooooooo"
>>
>>730594756
Good, hope he prolapses.
>>
>>730578359
Yes, it's easy to prove god exists, and impossible to disprove god exists. This isn't really in question.

But there's really no point adhering to an unfalsifiable hypothesis with no supporting evidence.
>>
>>730595491
>that's just people being stupid

that's people following their religious beliefs because they think it's right.
>>
>>730595624
check out theis faggot. hes calling samefag on us. he must feel cornered...
>>730595696
>>
You're just a bunch of sad faggots. You can't find any meaning in life, you're angry, and now you want to ruin other people's lives. Just fuck off back up the arse of the nearest angry militant atheist.
>>
>>730578655
If you want to prove something exists you need evidence. There is a distinct lack of evidence for God (the Bible doesn't count, that would be circular reasoning). Therefore, it would make logical sense to assume that God does not exist. Although the unicorn example is good, it may be more simple to explain it like this:

If I were to say there is a planet similar to Earth, in our orbit path, just a few thousand km behind us. However, it is speeding up and is going to flood major cities for a few days or some shit with it's gravitational pull before it slows down again. Now, should we spend millions to evacuate all countries that will be effected (lets assume USA, UK, Canada, northern parts of Europe and a bit of Russia or something) just because I've told you that this is going to happen?

The answer should be no, because I have offered no proof. Furthermore, you cannot see any evidence of a planet because when you look into the sky you cannot see the planet. Thus, acting on this would have wasted millions.

This is one of the reasons why the concept of 'The burden of proof' exists. It's to stop actions being made upon baseless assumptions. Now whilst the example may have been a tad extreme, it does highlight the consequences of acting upon baseless claims, something which happens quite prominently within religious groups, sometimes with severe consequences... E.g. the crusades, burning of 'witches', terror attacks, etc.

Since the religious are making the claim that a god/gods exist, it is up to them to provide evidence, and if they cannot, it is best to assume that their claims are false until evidence arises.
>>
>>730578359
Rene Descartes proved the existence of God twice in order to prove the existence of matter in order to further the Scientific Revolution and prove that science studies something which actually exists, matter, which we all agree exists.
>>
>>730595999
nice trips.
i guess you never heard of fine-tuning theory though.

>inb4 anthropic principle
just because something happened, doesn't make it likely. l2reason.
>>
But most of these come from going after each others religion in the first place , your logic is flawed .
>>
>>730595775
i already know that you dumb faggot. why cant you fucks read? if your gona respond, read all that shit...ffs
>>
File: Eagle_nebula_pillars.jpg (269KB, 2434x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle_nebula_pillars.jpg
269KB, 2434x2400px
>>730578790
>Nebulas look like eyes
>This somehow proves God
>>
>>730595993
ok now go find out howmany atheists do that shit cus they are just plain stupid people. dumbfuck. if they do something that fucked up and gross, they are fucking stupid and were gona do it anyways. dumbfuck.
>>
>>730595544
Damn, God sure is being ignored hard.
>>
File: quest.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
quest.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
Honestly i just believe in god because our world is so beautiful that it's impossible (to me) to even contemplate that there isn't something greater than us out there , i'm not that interested in the religions at this point .
>>
>>730578359
Russel's teapot. If you don't thoroughly understand the meaning of Russel's teapot you will be fooled by this fallacious line of inquiry. If you do understand Russel's teapot you will not waste your time with utter bullshit. Believe in god if you want, but believe in the Kierkegaardian way, without recourse to illogic.
>>
>>730592655

>until roughly 2000 years ago decides "we have to intervene". And we're going to do this by having a revelation in Iron Age Palestine

That's where you're wrong, it's not God who showed himself to the Christ but Christ who found God.

That's where most people get confused : it's not that God refuses to reveal himself but rather people who have to look forward and find him but the thing is that we are afraid, because facing God means facing your true self and as we all know we are not behaving in a virtuous way the judgment we would have on ourselves would be so harsh we would barely bear it.

Look the story in Genesis : when Adam and Eve ate the fruit of knowledge of good and evil they became self-conscious and proceeded to hide themselves from God.

Translation : people are aware of their own behavior and know exactly what's right and what's wrong in their behavior but instead of facing the issue and admitting their flaws in order to lean toward a more virtuous life they proceed to run away from themselves because having to face your own judgment would mean facing the truth : you're not virtuous and your behaviour is evil in many ways and noone wants to admit that they are walking on the wrong path.

Understand who may
>>
If like, God doesn't exist... Then that means that like... Life is meaningless man. We should probably, like, end our pathetic atheist lives man...
>>
>>730595524
>Without that "because" there, the definition I suggest is not an inference from its own conclusion (which is what circular reasoning is), but merely an altogether unsubstantiated premise
You're just cleverly hiding the "because" there.
>>
>>730596222
>go find out howmany atheists do that shit

please provide an example when an atheist did any of those things, and then compare the amount of times an atheist did something like that compared to all the times a religious entity did that "in the name of their religion".
>>
Look guys , at the end of the it doesn't really matter , we're never gonna fully understand no matter what we believe in or what scientific discoveries we make .
>>
File: 1492146568954.jpg (84KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492146568954.jpg
84KB, 700x512px
>>730578359
all you guys are fucking stupid, you want to find out if god exists? kill yourselves, 4chin is the worst fucking place to argue and disproving or proving a god is the worst fucking topic to argue, you guys are just yapping for nothing and no god reason when y'all should be posting tits, gore, and memes
>>
File: empress1.jpg (19KB, 853x361px) Image search: [Google]
empress1.jpg
19KB, 853x361px
>>730596470
do it faggot...
>>
File: 1441123848441.jpg (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441123848441.jpg
143KB, 500x500px
>>730596470
>>
No because there is no scientific definition of "god". Your god can literally be the first rock you find or it can be the air you breathe or it can be some spirit you think exists.

Oh and you know, gods are about belief. You know the kind of things you BELIEVE exist. Isn't that entire fucking point of religion. That you BELIEVE that something exists, no matter the evidence or lack of it.

And you fucking autists can argue about this for 2 threads.
>>
>>730596570
im not gona count for you. learn to count you faggot... the point is that dumb people do that shit. ur just crying cus ur mommy and daddy forced you into sunday school.
>>
>>730596676
see why cant any of you dumb faggots be more like him?
>>
>>730595750
>bullshit excuse
everyone in every culture interepets shit differently, completely possible that different religions saw the different doings of one god as those of many gods incharge of many different things. (Ex: Greek mythology, one god for one task)
>>
>>730596768

you can't provide an example because you don't have one.

and on a side note, resorting to name calling and insults demonstrates you are defensive in your argument; are you afraid of looking into yourself and discovering you might be wrong?
>>
>>730594375

>and the universe doesn't know anything. it isn't even aware of itself.

Aren't you part of the universe and aren't you aware of yourself ?

Think before you talk
>>
>>730597036
hold on a second faggot. you want actuall examples of atheists who raped and murdered? you really think that hasn't happened? no bitch you wanted me to start counting that shit.... try to fucking pretend that ANY murders or rapes in the last 100 years had ANYTHING to do with religion..straight fucking retard. go cry about getting called names. tell me that's incorrect then ask whos afraid to"look into themselves" and find out whos wrong. bitch please...
>>
>>730578359
You also can't disprove that OP is a faggot.
>>
>>730594754

>It's impossible to definitely prove a god exists or does not exist based on combinations of sensory input + memories + imagination.

"We" can't prove that God exists but you can prove it to yourself and the day you'll find God I can tell you that your whole body will feel it
>>
>>730578359
>>730578655

Yes, but the fact that it is a possibility isn't particularly interesting, in and of itself. There's an infinite number of beliefs that we can't prove aren't true; as living things in the real world, we base our decisions on what is most likely to be true among competing theories.

By it's very definition, we should be skeptical of *the miraculous*, as it does not comport with what we experience in the real world on a day to day basis. Even if we cannot rule out the contingency that god exists as a matter of certainty, there's no reason to base moral/practical decisions around the existence of a god that violates physical laws we can observe.
>>
>>730578359
what if current god was not born as god, but gained strenght and knowledge and become the strongest in the universum

can humansbecome gods themsef ?

humans watch too much superhero movies and think u can become god over night or if spider bites you
>>
File: retard.png (261KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
261KB, 552x414px
>>730597036
so much autistic
>>
>>730595993

That's people following what they think religion is about because they think that their view of religion is the right one and others are wrong
>>
>>730596089
I fail to see how that applies, but yes I have heard of the argument.

From my understanding it's part of the whole intelligent design thing and basically says that if certain constants in our universe were even slightly different, then we could not exist. But it only appears to be fine-tuned because we've assigned meaning to the probability of it happening. Imagine you're playing poker or something and someone gets a royal straight flush or whatever it's called. The probability of this is the same as any other combination of cards, but we've assigned meaning to the sequence so it seems to be more significant. Applying this to the universal constants, if they were any different, we wouldn't exist and wouldn't be able to assign significance to it, so it would have the same probability as any other combination of constants.

Now forgive me for not knowing what you mean by "anthropic principle"; I'm not actually that interested in philosophy.

It would be stupid to assume that something happening would make it likely, since if that were the case poker would be a fairly shit game. However, just because something is unlikely, doesn't mean it can't happen. The chance of humans coming into existence maybe unlikely, but there are so many chances for it to happen that it would eventually become more likely. Take rolling a 6 on a 20 sided dice. The probability of rolling it is 1/20; fairly unlikely. But the probability of it rolling once in two rolls is 1/10. So if you roll the dice 20 times, it is statistically 100% going to land on 6 once. Although this doesn't always happen in practice, the more times you do it the more likely it is to happen. Since there are billions of stars and planets and shit, it was eventually bound to happen. I do understand that you weren't really talking about human existence but since it makes it easier to demonstrate the point and is another common argument, I decided to use it instead. So please try not to cry strawman.
>>
>>730596270

Wise words
>>
>>730578613
God gave all his creations free will. Those that argue he should step in to save them and then renounce their faith when things go wrong in their life are just weak willed
>>
>>730597249

no, of course atheists have raped and killed people. that would be a massively ignorant thing to state that it hadn't/doesn't happen.

they just haven't done those things in the "name of god", or "for religious reasons". Religious people/followers have, and in massive numbers.

i provided specific examples of people being killed in the name of religion (the Crusades, the Inquisition, 9/11, etc), but you can't show me one well known example of an atheist doing those things.
>>
File: you_sign.jpg (63KB, 700x454px) Image search: [Google]
you_sign.jpg
63KB, 700x454px
>>730597745

name calling. brilliant response.

here's your (YOU).
>>
>>730597836

yep. and those people following their religious beliefs are why things like >>730595093 are done, because of people not stopping to questions their beliefs.

if your holy book says it's OK to kill people, is it really OK?

the argument can be made for no.
>>
There is proof that a creator of some sort exists. It isn't the kind of physical proof that you can see and touch that would satisfy most of you though. You just need to know one thing about human intelligence. We cannot create original thoughts. Our brains are incapable of doing it. We only take fragments of our environment and memories to create. We observe and adapt. But we are not able to create ideas that are truly original, something that isn't borrowing a piece that already exists or from a system not in place. Some bright minds can innovate more than others. But we are only taught and can only absorb. Knowing that piece of knowledge, now you can complete the other piece of the puzzle and take the creations of man, especially some more modern creations in biological sciences and computers, and determine which ones were inspired. Don't just think one generation to the next, think of all human knowledge all at one time as if there was never a gap between us and our fathers and theirs. Monkey see, monkey do
>>
>>730598826
yeah but how is this proof? I'm not criticising it because it's not physical, you just haven't linked it back to anything related to proof.
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.