[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yes indeed i am back again >general lonely/depression thread

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

File: 2017-04-25 21-08-24.628.jpg (492KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-25 21-08-24.628.jpg
492KB, 1280x720px
Yes indeed i am back again
>general lonely/depression thread
>Nihilists welcome
How do you deal with day to day?
>>
the fuck are you?
>>
>>730545363
That guy in a basement.
>>
>>730545561
oh shit waddup
>>
>>730545247
How come you haven't killed yourself yet? Not saying to be mean, just looking for some wisdom
>>
>>730545945
i have hopes that one day ill come across something/someone to make it worth it.

If im dead i dont even get that chance, thats literally the main reason.

Ive already told my whole family suicide is an option, no one seemed to care, just didnt wanna have anyone asking 'Why' or 'How'
>>
>>730546145
Yeah I think that's me right now too tbh life sucks
>>
>>730545561
that basement looks coozy
>>
File: stirner6.jpg (9KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
stirner6.jpg
9KB, 194x260px
Thankfully, this is the only place nihilists are, in fact, welcome. At least Christians have the courage to affirm something.
>>
File: 2017-04-25 21-39-06.815.jpg (457KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-25 21-39-06.815.jpg
457KB, 1280x720px
>>730546356
>>730546356
its about the size of a jail cell.
Its coozy for a month or 2, then its pysche fucking

>pic related my whole room
>>
bump of boredom
>>
Thats the type of room that kids hang themselves in
>>
>>730548362
I'm so disinterested with everything I can barely get myself to go to school anymore, and even when I do go i just lay around
>>
>>730548597
it really is my dude

>>730548708
THats me at my job. i go and run through the motions for a few hours all the while hoping i just stop breathing or something
>>
>>730547645
oh shit
sorry OP
>>
>>730545247
Just found out on Friday that I'm getting seperated from the Navy for severe depression and anxiety, made it most of the way through my Advanced training before and had a breakdown and was sent to the hospital. Now I have to tell my family that I'm coming home permanently, the day before My mom had told me that she just sold a bunch of her stuff to afford a ticket to come down and see me. Feels bad man
>>
>>730548708
Nihilism is a common stage of life btw. I was borderline schizophrenic 3 years ago. On and off psychotic episodes. Now im on my way to getting a degree in aeronautics. Youre experiencing "learned helplessness". You should look it up. Knowing your problems to the fullest extent is half the battle. Trust me, ive been absolutely nothing for a solid 5 years and shit really does turn around. Getting better mentally snowballs slowly but surely and before you know it, youre at your prime. I believe in you. Faggot.
>>
>>730547645
eek that's depressing. why do you live there?

>>730548708
same. i just blow everything off and get drunk alone at night 9/10 times. i'm at serious risk of failing this semester, for the first time ever.

>>730548848
think you'd ever actually end up offing yourself?
>>
>>730549334
sometimes life will try to break your balls, with a long list of missed wakeup calls. You don't know you fucked up til its too late. Im sorry man, hope things turn up for you.

>>730549512
Why do i live here?
>herion head mom
>Needed to get out
>this was only place available
>turns out my dad has a cocaine addiction
>Drug addict parents everywhere.

Will i ever actually kill myself?
Who knows, Given the correct means and circumstances, yes for sure. I don't want pain, i just want relief
>>
>>730545247
Uglyfag detected
>>
>>730549467
nihilism, in the depressing sense, is a direct contradiction to the idea of "learned helplessness." a depressed nihilist can repeatedly succeed, and remain unable to derive any value from their success, even with comparatively little failure. this leads them to stop caring about anything. this makes them generally apathetic, or depressed.
>>
i don't know how i make it to be completely honest with you. this year has been complete hell, and we still have less than 8 months to go. it's been the most pain filled year already, dealing from seeing the girl i love happy with her boyfriend everyday, to wondering my family is going to make it through the next month.
i said earlier /b/ it's been hell, day to day i've experienced heartache like no other, for months and months i felt this pain. to the point where it's like i began to become immune to it, i didn't phase me, i thought i would be happy again. happiness is only a dream for blind men who can't see the real cruelty of this world. it's like all that immunity i built up began crumbling down, and the hurricane of heartache wrecked me into nothing but ruins. i don't know how i manage to make it day to day anymore i don't.
for someone so hopeless, i always managed to put my hope into happiness. i guess you can see where that brought me.
if i could pick one word to describe my heart, it'd be resilient. always managing to come back after being broken.
>>
>>730549854
And everyone knows that suicide is the permenant solution to a temporary problem. Do you really think youll be living with your parents all your life? No. Oppurtunity is missed when not taken everyday. Find thd oppurtunity and snatch that shit, nigga.
>>
>>730549854
damn. that sucks /b/ro. how old are you?

>>730550275
lol
>>
>>730549940
Yeah, whatever man.

>>730550052
This feels like right on the nose for me, will look into this 'learned helplessness' thing. Might help.

>>730550275
Refer to >>730546145
Im saying literally what you are, i don't wanna give up before i find the thing that makes me happy.
>>
>>730550052
I called for learned helplessness because everyone has the ability some how to get better, the lower you are, the more chances you have and the more oppurtunity. OP isnt really making an effort tho. Just decaying mentally in his room. Id be out there looking for a job, finding help, finding friends, etc.
>>
>>730550468
20 - turning 21 in a few months.
Ive been actively trying to do 'the right things' in life, always maintaining a job (even if its shitty) always doing things to try and maintain/progress and not regress.

>>730550601
Im literally doing all these things my dude.
>have a job
>trying to find a therapist or something
>have a friend up here and a lady that things are going good with.
>>
>nihilist
die, literally
>>
>>730550525
If you truly dont wanna give up, you wont even consider suicide. It shouldnt be an option if youre trying your hardest to find your path in life. Suicide shouldnt be evident anywhere within your mind if you truly believe in yourself and your ability.
>>
>>730550525
you're going to want to look into subverting the nihilist mindset before looking into learned helplessness my dude
>>730550601
yeah, it may help in OP's case. but you weren't responding to the OP. you were responding to someone who was having trouble is seeing the value in even going to school. learned helplessness is likely not something that would this person.
>>
>>730550850
that would help this person*
>>
>>730550823
But i mean, its ALWAYS an option. just from a reality standpoint.
I don't plan on doing it, nor do i want to. But im acknowledging the real possibility that one day, ill think differently, and presented with the correct means, id be dead.
>>
>>730550735
Brohamiltonski, I got no friends at all. Seriously none. I play video games and go to the gym. Thats it. I do have 1 aqquaintence in my speech class that i work with. Other than that, I have no one to text in my phone or anything. I wish I had my old ipod touch again because i only need internet. Not even mobile data or anything. No messages. Etc. Im fine tho and im finding purpose. Try going to the gym. Its a great idea. Natural endorphins and its helped cure schizophrenic ideals.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 180x240px
why has no one said that this man looks like fucking bam???????????
>>
>>730551139
I get that and jack black sometimes
>>
>>730551122
Suicide should never be an option tho. Never admit defeat. Dont let yourself down. You can find happiness even with material things. Even without achieving your own goals. You need to cognitively train yourself that way. Its a bit hard but if I can do it, you can too.
>>
>>730546145
I'm old as fuck, bros. No lie. I'll be 38 in a month. I don't really get all the depression on this site. Literally nothing has changed since I was your age. When I was 21, life was shit, everyone sucked, blah blah blah.

That shit doesn't go away. It stays with you. You have to work for happiness. It doesn't just show up at your door step.

But that's the way it should be. Work for it. Find something beautiful. Take a minute and appreciate it for fuck's sake. That will help. I promise.
>>
>>730551138
so you're a complete loner who doesn't talk to anyone, but the gym helps? helps in what way, exactly?
>>730551551
i can see you don't get the depression in this website. growing up to be like you is depressing in and of itself.
>>
>>730551551
Preach. The greeks have a special word for "happiness" and "self-fufillment". I mean thats basically what happiness is. Self fufillment. You gotta make sure you have practical goals tho and the right goals.
>>
>>730551803
Meh. You don't know me, little bitch.
>>
I Am Jack's Medulla Oblongata
I Am Jill'sNipple
I Am Jack's Colon
I Am Jack's Raging Bile Duct
I Am Jack's Cold Sweat
I Am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise
I Am Jack's Inflamed Sense of Rejection
I Am Jack's SmirkingRevenge
I Am Jack'sBroken Heart
>>
>>730551803
>>730551551
>>730551821
my thoughts on all of this is, Yeah okay fine, things may not have changed much since you were younger socially wise.

Job market wise, and just financials are so much more fucked now than 20-30 years ago.

Im not depressed because 'oh life blows'
Im depressed because im in the thought process of 'whats the point if ill end up growing up feeling the same way i do now?"

Basically what >>730551803
said, growing up in complacency is depressing in and of itself.
>>
>>730551943
based on both of your comments i can definitely tell you that i don't want to know you because again, that shit is depressing.
>>
>>730551945
I Am Jack's Self Hatred.
>>
>>730551803
I used to be like 175, now im 150 and much more lean. I love the veins in my arms, i love the muscle and power. The self confidence. The mad fucking gains. The lines of preworkout that i rail everyday. Fuck that shit is NICE. Im independent really. I dont really need lots of attention and love. Im like Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer, ya know? Different but it makes me exotic and right now Im in the middle of nowhere. Not fucking with anyone. No drama. No idiots. Just me, myself, I, and MAD fucking gains because there is no stopping the gain train when im in the holy church of iron.
>>
>>730552279
God please no, i understand feeling good about yourself, but your replacing depression with obsession.
>>
>>730552082
Are you sure that's the case? I don't know for sure but I entered the job market at a turbulent time. It was the FIRST dotcom bubble burst. And the markets were in upheaval and everything was fucked and we were all going to die horribly. We didn't. Everything was fine. Take a breath. If you are worried about work, increase your knowledge. You are in control.
>>
>>730552424
Its humor. Im not obsessed with myself. Just exicited really. Its moreso satire. Ever watch BroScience on YT? Watch one episode and youll understand what Im talking about.
>>
>>730552106
Whatever makes you feel better.
>>
>>730552545
i appreciate the fact your not just putting me on blast for being a 'millennial prick'. Thanks for the kind words. i still plan on trying to progress my life.
these threads just help detur the lonely/depression/drowning feeling, as /b/ are my friends, and you guys always seem to atleast listen.

>>730552582
Sarcasm doesnt travel well over text, Good on you then my dude.
>>
>>730552279
who the fuck cares about muscles though mate? even if terms of societal value, girls care less and less for muscular guys in todays' society. as someone who is naturally muscular (or toned), that shit doesn't nothing for you lol.

and i don't mean to shit on your happiness, you should probably stop talking to me.
>>730552082
you and i have the same fundamental problems my dude
>>730552545
i doubt economic opportunity weighs heavily on his mind
>>730552608
it doesn't make me feel better
>>
Think about killing myself then take my meds and then it's all rainbow shitting unicorns
>>
>>730552582
Also theres more Im happy with myself far more than just gym stuff. I know Im smart, funny, and like 6/10. Im caring and I just know how to chill with anyone. I can connect and relate to nearly everyone. Im nice at talking to cashiers and stuff, i just dont make friends because I dont put in effort. Also I think very deeply and philosophically, so Im moreso morally just and I just try to better myself and the human race. Im a Pantheist. Basically where one is all and all is one. God exists but God is Us. We all represent God. I am god, you are god. Nature is god. We are all connected and we are all equal under the sun, arent we?
>>
>>730552861
Yeah my dude! you get it
Ive started describing it as 'new wave depression'
The idea that gen y-z are gonna all be lost and confused because the world seems so set up already.
Do waht you know will work, or end up homeless or dead
No room for actual living or soul building.

>>730552991
What should i ask a doctor for to feel this way lol
>>
>>730545247
is that wildcat?
>>
>>730553147
is what wildcat?
>>
>>730553066
you don't want any friends? or people that you can talk to regularly?
>We are all connected and we are all equal under the sun, arent we?
well no
>>
>>730552861
You gotta admit that muscles are aesthetically pleasing. They represent health and power. I enjoy the aspect of a healthy lifestyle. I like looking fit and ready. Feels good. Youre not about to tell me tho that youd rather be chubby and smelly than fit and healthy.
>>
>>730552859
Yeah man. You won't believe this, but the same shit that gets shovelled on top of 'millenials' used to get shovelled on 'Generation X'. The crazy shit is that it's Gen X doing the shoveling now and they don't seem to get the correlation.

Old people hate on young people. It's always been that way. You can find it in literature going back for as long as literature has been around. So that pretty much means it's just a human condition. Old people hate the young. But you can combat that. Be nice. Take it from me, old people love nice. That's actually the best advice I can give. If you really want to get hired, if that's what you really want, then be the kind of guy you would enjoy spending 8 hours out of your day with. Because that is what working is.
>>
File: wtf am i casting.jpg (48KB, 435x571px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i casting.jpg
48KB, 435x571px
>>730545561
I am also basement wizard, greetings.
>>
>>730553501
girls live longer than guys and they don't have any visible muscles (usually), yet they old less power. so no, you're wrong on both counts there m8

and as far as "aesthetically pleasing" goes, that's completely subjective.

the choices aren't "smelly and chubby" or "fit and and healthy." there's an in between in which most people reside.
>>
>>730552861
Of course it does. Every day.

I try to understand my privilege.
>>
File: 2017-04-25 22-41-38.234.jpg (228KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-25 22-41-38.234.jpg
228KB, 800x448px
>>730553501
power yes, health eh.. not always.
Op here and can say im comfortable with my chubby body, especially cuz i used to be an actual whale.

>>730553579
Considered starting a YT channel covering this phenomenon of depression thats coming from people feeling like they cant do what they want and instead hace to fit into a cog hole in the machine.
>>
>>730553488
Friends have just never been a thing for me, I guess. I cant seem to truly connect to people how I want. Everyone seems so caught up in things. I had a friend named Jake. We smoked weed together. But he always loved being a manwhore and calling retail people cunts and wishinf his mom was dead. The list goes on but I refused to be his friend. Then theres steele. Fun to skateboard with. But he said cringey stuff and when his gf broke up with him, he sent her a picture of himself crying and the whole 9 yards and always acted like a know it all. Couldnt be his friend anymore. Just shit like this. Plenty of examples of friendships like this where I just ended up being disappointed in their behavior and actions. The drama and dumb shit. No one is just chill. Everyone is all over the place. Maybe Im going through a long stage just tryinf to self identify and self discovery to see my true potentials and characterstics. I gotta help myself before anyone else, right? And yes we are equal under the sun. The sun views us as nothing honestly. Were all just life here. We live. We die. Nothing sets us apart. All nature is equal.
>>
File: 183.jpg (27KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
183.jpg
27KB, 300x100px
>>
>>730545247
cigarettes. lots of cigarettes.
>>
>>730554155
As the OP - i dont even know.

>>730554207
I smoke like a pack a day at this point
>>
File: 1489112162480.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489112162480.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>730554251
can you draw a smiley face on your belly?
i would be ever so grateful.
>>
>>730553825
You cant generalize girls tho. Theres still plenty of girls who like some muscles and health. And ofcourse muscles hold power. And so what if girls longer? I dont get what youre trying to prove by that. While im alive, id love to have a nice physique. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>730553959
No one has ever been able to do what they want. That has never been a thing. Seriously, never. Maybe successful people on Youtube have convinced a whole generation that they can be rich, but really, those people are just beautiful. If you are beautiful, you've got a chance to make it in showbiz. That hasn't changed at all. That's been the same since the 20s. If you aren't beautiful, you'll likely have to do something else.

None of this is new. Is this helping? I don't want to sound judgy, but this is the truth.
>>
>>730554649
beauty? are you kidding me?
h3h3
boogie2988
Nohandsken
There are plenty of 'ugly' people that are making it big on youtube and twitch.
>>
>>730554801
Well, then they have some angle. And that's hard to get. It's show biz. That's what we are talking about.

I shouldn't have just put it in one box, you are correct. Sorry.
>>
>>730554801
Yeah idk what this kid is saying. Dunkey? I mean come on. You can most certainly do what you love if you try hard enough. Einstein loved math and physics so thats what he did. Steve Jobs liked technology. I like aeronautics so Im gonna help build aeroplanes. How hard is it to pursue your dreams? Golly g willigers. Fuck the sad feelings. I knoe they dont define me. Ill always try to be me at my best. Stop moping and do shit. Amirite
>>
My last words here are that you control your future. No one will change it for you. You have to make all the effort and all the change. Remember that nothing is more constant than change. Every action we take changes us in a good way if that action is good. Naturally. So get out there and do shit. Ok.
>>
>>730554395
you said by having muscles means your healthier. that's demonstrably false, if by healthier you mean fit to live as long as possible, which is the usual definition.

and yes, there are girls who like muscles, not necessarily health, muscular people are prone to many health problems. but they are in a shrinking minority. in other words, it's entirely subjective.

donald trump is arguably the most powerful person in the world, but you won't find a lot of muscles on him. i'm proving that your ideas of happiness only exist because you decided they make you happy, they are not better in any objective sense
>>730554107
the sun doesn't view us as anything. it's unfair to state "the sun views us as x" since the sun doesn't view us, any 'x' satisfies the claim. the only beings who "view" us are us. by that standard, we are not equal.
>>730554251
you should actually try cutting down on that shit since it seriously reduces your chances to experience "happiness," which is the only thing you claim to live for at this point

and that's from a smoker homie, but i only smoke 3-4 a day.
>>
>>730555465
I dont think you got anything I said. When I go to the gym, I get muscles and cardiovascular health. If I jog a mile almost everyday. Am I not healthy? Its hard to be happy if youre not very hyigenic and you dont care for yourself. If youre healthy and fit, youre naturally happier. Endorphins and what not. And that sun thing is a metaphor. Im hoping youll view it in a broad prospective. Imagine youre an omnipotent god looking over earth. Humans are animals. Just smarter. But that doesnt change much since all nature dies eventually. Were all equal.
>>
>>730545247
shut the fuck up knt and stop being a loser
If dubs you kill your self and be done with it
>>
>>730556027
Awhh too bad, no dubs.
>>
>>730556027
Rolling
>>
>>730555978
why should i care about muscles? they are not an indicator of health or power, as i've demonstrated.

you might be healthy, but not necessarily because you work out

i'm very hygenic and fit. i'm not naturally happier.

your hypothetical only applies in the imagination. in the real world, animals are not equal to humans. you are trying to apply idealist philosophies to the real world. it doesn't work, it is by definition unrealistic.
>>
File: 2017-04-25 23-08-13.523.jpg (252KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-25 23-08-13.523.jpg
252KB, 800x448px
>>730556148
>>730556027
JUST HIT THE ROLLS
PUT THESE WORK ISSUED BOX CUTTERS TO USE
>>
>>730556027
Bitches like this will always exist, by the way. Always remember he is the beta. His hatred of everyone else proves it.
>>
>>730556477
And.... checked.
>>
>>730545247
You look kind of like a gay Daryl.
>>
>>730556696
'my hatred of everyone else'
my dude, i love my human neighbors.
I want EVERYONE to be happy and feel good about life.
>>
>>730556839
You really think your comment was productive?
>>
>>730556303
Lol ectomorph
I'd tell you to kys, but your skinny arms probably couldn't even support yourself trying to hang
Git gud
>>
>>730557042
i dont think 90% of shit people do is productive.
>>
>>730557124
Then you are useless.
>>
>>730557371
Just as useless as the next person.
>>
>>730557476
More so, I'd wager.
>>
File: dW6QfWK[1].jpg (865KB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
dW6QfWK[1].jpg
865KB, 3036x4048px
>>730557093
this is my natural arm. i don't do anything other than sit on my computer in my free time and at work. it is by no standards "skinny."

i'm glad you to have proven to you how empty and vacant your ideas of happiness truly are :)
>>
File: dude.jpg (243KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
243KB, 800x448px
>>730545247
It's me again, anon.
>>
>>730545247
dont bundle nihilism with depression, just because youre a sad loser
>>
>>730558340
Hello unfriendly friend.
Nice to see your still as sad as i with being on /b/

>>730558427
Explain?
i didnt do that, i said it was a general depression/loneliness thread
NIHILISTS WELCOME
i didnt lump them all together you illiterate fuck.
>>
File: 1492936064825.jpg (465KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492936064825.jpg
465KB, 1280x720px
>>730558340
>>
>>730558340
you have cute eyes, you should lose weight and into femininity ;3
>>
>>730545247
watching fags like you an hero. its the best thing in th world.

are you going to live stream it to night?
>>
>>730558915
No thanks. Im firmly a straight guy.

>>730558944
hah if i do, ill be sure to post it
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.