[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a black hole?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: Black_Hole_Milkyway.jpg (598KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Hole_Milkyway.jpg
598KB, 2048x1152px
What is a black hole?
>>
The American dream
>>
It's a hole that's black.
>>
A nigger in outerspace.
>>
File: best gif in the world.gif (1MB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
best gif in the world.gif
1MB, 540x359px
black holes eat things amirite
>>
>>730368254
its something you find in a bathroom stall and you put your dick in then you see what will happen next
>>
>>730368254
Scary shit that can fuck your brain ez.
Escape velocity is the speed you need to reach in a single pulse to completely escape a body's gravitational attraction. On Earth's surface (it's relative to distance) it's of 11.2km/s - If you jumped once reaching this speed, you'd end up drifting into outer space.

A black hole is a region of spacetime where gravitational pull is so strong, that the escape velocity past a distance is equal to the speed of light - That's the event horizon, the actual black ball. (sexy)

To get a black hole, you'd either need something very very very dense, or it can be big but then it needs to be extremely massive.
>>
>>730368254
>What is a black hole?
Don't put your dick in it.
>>
>>730368254
Euphemism for your moms vag
>>
>>730368254
creator of galaxy
>>
>>730368254
Any African nation, in addition to Sweden, finland
>>
File: white hoe.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
white hoe.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>730368254
The opposite of white hole.
>>
File: Scary_Movie_Aliens.jpg (112KB, 679x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scary_Movie_Aliens.jpg
112KB, 679x720px
Due to this universe being inside a simulation simpler than the real world it's reflecting, a black hole is the result of an event too complicated for this reality to represent and happens to exists here as an error in the middle of the nowhere.
>>
It's what happenes when a huge star dies. Think of a nuclear explosion times a fucking kajillion. After the blast the nuetron star becomes so heavy it actually rips a hole in space it's self.
>>
does anyone have the copy pasta about the speed of light tripiling and time particles?
>>
>>730370563
Except that's not true, they aren't errors the physics match up for them to exist in our simulation
>>
Fun Fact: The actual object that creates the immense gravitational pull within the black hole is a singularity 0 breadth. It is a pin point dot that has zero volume. The gravity is so strong that it collapses even the space which contains it's own mass.
>>
its a spot in space so dense that the gravitational pull does not allow for light to escape at its event horizon
>>
>>730368254
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9KJDsOmFg
>>
>>730371335
The program it's simply try-catching the error to avoid an universal crash.
>>
>>730369138
I can't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of the gravitational force of a black hole. The reason why it's black is because light can't escape from it. Just trying to imagine what kind of pressure must be on the center of a black hole blows my mind.
>>
Blacks are just a point in space where gravity now falls onto its self infinity when it has fed enough it will release a quasar as even black holes must release stored energy
>>
Nigger ass
>>
>>730368254
Someone divided by zero.
>>
>>730371507
Beat me to it
>>
>>730371507
first nigger I'd fuck
>>
File: cseti.png (120KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cseti.png
120KB, 300x300px
>>
I recommend PBS space time on YouTube. Great series. Little heavy, but enjoyable.
>>
How cool, my captcha for my last comment on black holes had the word Lorenz in it. Spooky
>>
>>730373840
That's not too heavy. Sean M. Carroll is hard for me to follow.
>>
>>730373689
Is it because you can't see her at all?
>>
>>730371507
theres a glitch in the sims 3 that makes this happen to everyone
>>
>>730368254
go watch "In a nutshell" If you are interested in stuff like that.
>>
Something that appears In my wallet every friday night
>>
One nigger a day keeps the dad's away
>>
>>730374412
Yeah. And because of a pretty eyes.
>>
>>730368254
Celestial object with a huge mass which gravity pull is so strong even light can't escape it.
>>
>>730374931
Yes it's in space and has high mass, but what IS it? What's at the center?
>>
>>730375114
Absolutely nothing. Time space does not exist there and therefore, no matter exists there.
>>
>>730375114
no one knows. Its very principle makes observation pretty much impossible. It's called a "singularity" for a reason, its properties are extreme in a lot of ways so it stands on the very edge on known physics.
>>
It steals everything, even light. It's the nigger of physics
>>
>>730372429
thx to spaghettification (it's the actual, scientific term for this effect), you won't ever be able to feel it.

When falling towards a black hole, your feet will expirirence radically stronger gravitational pull than your head, simply because they are closer to the event horizon. These forces become so extreme that first your body gets stretched in length, to a point where your bones get crushed into powder, until even the atomic bonds get ripped apart by these forces.
Basically you become a molecular blunderbus before you even reach the event horizon.

Also, since time flows slower in gravitational fields, and the gravitational field at the event horizon is basically infinite, you will stop falling for the outside observer, becoming slower and slower, until you're simply frozen in place, until the end of the universe, or the end of this black hole in particular.

So from your perspective - given that you're an unbreakable object - the time of of the universe runs faster and faster, until you instantly reach its end.
You will, however, never reach the core of a black hole, tho. If anything, you find yourself instantly trapped and blasted away in a super-nova, if the black hole ever vaporizes to a small-enough state where its remaining mass can't keep up the gravitational pull to keep its mass trapped below the schwarzschild radius.
>>
>>730375941
Kek
>>
>>730375941
are you saying black holes sell crack?
>>
>>730376089
crack goes on the other side. through the white hole
>>730369485
>>
>>730376089
depends in the nature of the black hole.
there are several papers that propse that a black hole is nothing but the entrance to a worm hole, so there must be mass-fountains at another point in the universe where the mass, sucked in by one side, get shot out again.
However, thx to time.dialation, no mass ever passes the event horizon, therefore such mass-fountains would never have something to release.
If anything, there would be nothing but points in space with incredibly strong forces that push away everything.
Obviously we have not observed such a region in space as of now. It remains physically possible for them to exist, tho.
>>
>>730368254
A Black Hole is a theoretical point or region in space/time that exhibits such strong gravitational forces that no other particles can escape from. Basically, if a star gets really big and gets to a critical mass, more mass necessary to form a neutron star, it will implode and shed it's outer shell of stellar mass (this can potentially become a quasar that look beautiful).
t. Masters of Sci in TheoPhys
>>
>>730376665
so yes, black holes steal your crack, white holes sell it like a galactic blunderbuss.
>>
>>730376771

Everyone except this guy is a retard and reads too much scifi.
>>
>>730376771
Masters? Wtf are you doing here lmao?
>>
>>730371507
He said a black hole not a black whore
>>
>>730377084
But it's a black hoe, nevertheless.
>>
>>730376902
Thanks
>>730377060
Uh, not much. I had a friend write a script to notify me if there is a "sciency" topic that shows up at all. I'm here in my off days and on lunch breaks and downtime.
>>
>>730368254
Any amount of mass that is greater than a specific amount so that it's own internal gravity compresses it to a virtual point.

The upper limit was recently discovered to be about 50 billion solar masses (for reasons too technical to get into here)
>>
>>730377345
Where do you work? Some big sciency place or what?
>>
A black hole is a point of infinitely dense space with such a high density that no matter or energy may escape. It is formed when a supermassive star supernovaes. It has enough gravity, however, that it will collapse inward on itself. Normally, when this happens, the Palaui Force cannot resist gravity's push (this means that electrons orbiting a nucleus of an atom are pushed inward to the nucleus), and forms neutronium (a superdense form of matter made of only neutrons). Normally, this dense ball of matter forms a neutron star, but in extreme cases, the ball of matter is so dense that it collapses inward on itself. Nothing can stop this collapse once it has started, and it will not end until the matter reaches a point of 0 dimensions (0 feet high, wide, and deep). This forms the singularity of the black hole. There is also a "point of no return", or the event horizon. Once you have crossed this sphere circling the black hole, you will be ripped apart atom by atom, and strung out to an infinite length (called spaghettification). This process will take an infinite amount of time, and nothing will ever get you out. There are also two different types of singularities (that we know about).
>>
>>730377376
>The upper limit was recently discovered to be about 50 billion solar masses (for reasons too technical to get into here)
Source?
Would like to read up on that.
>>
>>730377588
erent types of singularities (that we know about). There are stationary and spinning. In a stationary singularity, the singularity is a single point where the curvature becomes infinite. However, in a spinning singularity, said singularity becomes 2 dimensional, stretching in both space & longitude (this drags space-time surrounding the event horizon, something known as frame dragging). This spinning space-time surrounding the event horizon is known as an ergosphere, which is shaped like an ellipsoid (this is an ellipse, but in 3 dimensions (think about how pluto doesn't orbit the sun right, and you have the idea, represented by the formula {x^2\a^2}+{y^2\b^2}+{z^2\c^2}=1).) This presents a great opportunity for space flight, as a ship grazing the surface of the ergosphere could be launched off at reletavistic speeds. The singularity is most likely a ring shape, instead of a dimensionless sphere. If you fell into a spinning black hole, it is possible you would not spaghettify. If you fell through the inner horizon (the ring singularity) perfectly distanced from all points on the ring, you might make it.
Now, you figure that matter has to go somewhere, and it (theoretically) is ejected at a white hole. A white hole is described as "a postulated celestial body that is the time reversal of a black hole. While a black hole acts as a point mass that attracts and absorbs any nearby matter, a white hole acts as a point mass that repels or (perhaps) even ejects matter." Now, there is no proof of white holes, and it is doubtful you could pass through one (see wormhole, because of a paper published in 1962 by John A. Wheeler and Robert W. Fuller proving that Schwarzschild wormholes are disconnected instantaneously after they are formed, not allowing even light to pass through). I've said waaaaay too much, so I'm going to shut up now. Have a nice day.
>>
>>730368254
A black hole is not a HOLE

It was a mistake to name it that because constantly spread misinformation.

A black hole is an object.
It's a mass like a planet. and it's incredibly dense. the more dense you are the stronger your pull of gravity.
with stronger gravity, you pull in more matter, and make yourself more dense get it?

A black hole forms when an objects density snowballs so much that light can't even escape the gravity. it looks black because it's light doesn't make it to your eyes.
>>
>>730377673
>I've said waaaaay too much, so I'm going to shut up now. Have a nice day.
I enjoyed the read.
Have a nice day as well.
>>
>>730377544
Can't say. I signed an NDA that is in effect for another year and a half, and they monitor all traffic and keylog as well. All I can say is that I'm in a place that is developing a more efficient way to harness nuclear potential.
>>730377588
>>730377673
This is a more in depth answer, and sounds like it came from an astrophysics guy, so I'd trust him over me.
>>
>>730378065
so, CERN?
>>
>>730372017
you're simply a trump supporter. go write matrix fan fiction or something
>>
>>730377588
>>730377673
Thanks for this
>>
>>730378237
I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in any operations conducted by the European Organization for Nuclear Research by them or any subsidiary of such as per legal authority of any Nondisclosure Agreement signed and witnessed by three parties.
>>730378381
Fuck outa here with political bullshit.
>>
Njce try fbi
>>
>>730375941
>niggers of physics

To add on to this, they don't expend any energy either. They kinda just sit there doing nothing and suck the energy and matter out of everything. Good analogy
>>
>>730378569
Do you just have that in a notepad on hand in case anyone asks about any involvement with CERN?
>>730378381
There is no reason to introduce politics in this thread you mong.
>>
>>730378757
I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in any operations conducted by the European Organization for Nuclear Research by them or any subsidiary of such as per legal authority of any Nondisclosure Agreement signed and witnessed by three parties.
>>
>>730378569
K, so it's likely CERN.
Also, since you never gave your name, nor spoke about the specifics of your work there, your NDA doesn't apply when telling us where you work, since you disclosed nothing.

Unless you are retarded enough to reveal your name / contents of your work at a later point, ofc...
>>
CERN
>>
Why do scientists talk so much about black holes when they're just a fictional plot device for sci fi flicks?
>>
I want to fucking punch every pseudo intellectual in this thread in the face
>>
>>730378499
You are welcome young anon

(Not same guy as CERNfag)
>>
>>730379206
anon...
Don't be retarded.
>>
>>730379242
Luckily for us, you're not "intellectual" enough to find us.
>>
>>730379364
kek
>>
>>730379364
hit a nerve, dumb cunt? yeah go watch Interstellar fucking faggot lmao
>>
>>730379280
What's retarded is thinking singularities could actually be a thing.

There's no infinite in the real world, dumbass. There can't be objects with infinite density. Therefore, no singularities, and no black holes.

Try to science some time, /b/ro.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.