[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched Rogue One, I can't be the only one not feeling it

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

Just watched Rogue One, I can't be the only one not feeling it
>>
>>730142810
final sequence was 9/10

reset of the movie was 5/10
>>
>>730142922
Thank you at least I'm not alone
>>
>>730142810
Nope. It's complete dogshit. Never met anyone older than 18 that thought the movie was any good. It's simply bad storytelling from the first scene to the last.
>>
Y SW is shit in general, and autistic gook with stick with powers is not doing it for me. Just because the franchise is old doesnt make it good get over it.
>>
>>730143180
Shoulda stopped at "Never met anyone", woulda been more believable
>>
>>730142810
Completely forgettable, killed off what interest I had left over for SW after episode7. Star Wars is dead to me.
>>
>>730143228
I mean I love the originals, and grew up with the prequels, but these new ones have really not done much upon re watching them.
>>
star wars is trash my guy
>>
I mean, the place where everybody thinks everything is trash isn't exactly the best place to have an open discussion about the quality of a film
>>
>>730142810
2 words darth vader
>>
>>730143180
I feel like people won't admit, which I freely can, the best parts where the explosions and the ending and the visuals were cool, but I didn't give a single fuck about anyone outside of Jyn but that's probably because I want to fuck that british twat of hers.
>>
>>730143577
I avoided all Rogue One anything until I watched the movie, didn't know everyone here hated it.
>>
>>730143636
She not only has a beaver, she is a beaver
>>
Shit movie
They gonna do it every year
Release it at the end of the year
So everyone sees it and forgets about the good movies that came out
Also people won't be able to talk shit about the movie.
>>
Was ok, ending saved it though tbh.
>>
>>730142810
The main woman (can't remember what she, or anyone else is called) is a terrible actress.

Look at OP's pic related, that is her entire facial range. One expression that says 'I have no idea how to react to this'
>>
File: whut.jpg (292KB, 1381x1019px) Image search: [Google]
whut.jpg
292KB, 1381x1019px
>I cant hear you?
>>
File: IMG_0257.jpg (104KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0257.jpg
104KB, 1080x809px
>>730142810
I stopped watching after 20 minutes, fucking garbage leftist proaganda.
>>
>>730143734
I don't give a fuck, you're telling me you wouldn't put your dick inside of this
>>
>>730143308
I have a 17 year old cousin who thinks it's amazing, that's why I said that.
>>730143636
Explosions sucked. What was good about them? How is t any different from transformers explosions? We care about the characters an equal amount in both movies.
>>
I havent watched any prev part can i still watch it?
>>
I feel like in a better movie that ending would have killed.
>>
>>730144132
It was star wars, but I'm not ashamed that that was the only part I liked about it. At least I'll admit to being basic. But the story was shit.
>>
>>730144213
considering is a prequel, yes
>>
>>730142810
I saw it in theatre, liked it a lot actually
Downloaded it for a rewatch, bored as fuck
Not sure how that happens
>>
>>730143390
Leah?
>>
>>730144213
it won't be as satisfying without watching at least 4 thought. There were a lot of jerking off to fans in it
>>
>>730144035
How so?
>>
>>730144407
Did you know they have footage of her popping out of her bikini in Jedi
>>
The film was a little forced but it wasn't prequel bad. It's no cinematic masterpiece but it's at least Marvel movie quality. Not great, but won't leave you feeling insulted as you walk out the theater.
>>
>>730142810
It was OK. I was at least impressed that they went ahead and avoided a clichéd happy ending where the heroes get away alive at the end and nobody uses spoilers about it.

I was glad to see at least somewhat more reliance on physical effects instead of CGIing shit that didn't need to be CGIed, and the work the did recreating Tarkin is worth seeing whatever you think of the movie.

That said, the only character I really enjoyed and felt anything about was the blind guy. The villains that got to go out and do stuff were not particularly compelling nor particularly villainous. It was either over or under supplied with Vader depending on whether you think he should really be the big character in everything Star Wars.

Glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater.
>>
File: moms dildo.jpg (206KB, 580x458px) Image search: [Google]
moms dildo.jpg
206KB, 580x458px
>>730142810
>someone on 4chan says something is shit = best thing ever
>someone on 4chan says something is the shit = its the worst thing ever
>>
I enjoyed it much more than The Force Awakens. I mean, sure, it was nothing particularly special in terms of story, but it was reasonably well made. I was particularly happy to see a rounded, self-contained film that didn't seem like more of a trailer for a trilogy or movie universe, like The Force Awakens, where I felt, for example, that the movie was expecting me to care a whole lot more for Poe Dameron than it was giving me justification to, because oh, he's going to be one of the main characters in episode XXI.
>>
>>730144473
Not him, but I don't either, t /pol/ is adamant about it. I guess because the cast was intentionally diverse, with the characters not representing alien societies but Earth ones, which was irritating.
>>
>>730144944
>the movie was expecting me to care a whole lot more for Poe Dameron than it was giving me justification to, because oh, he's going to be one of the main characters in episode

Well said.
>>
>>730142810
It was better than episode 1, but not better than episode 2.
>>
>>730142810
>I can't be the only one not feeling it

No, I also got that when Jyn was on screen. It's called erection. Ask your parents about it OP
>>
>>730144101
That is a clever dick severing trap, and i will not fall for it.
>>
The classic dramatic speech when the director has Jin on top of the Radar tower, only to be saved last minute buy a thought to be dead friend. All crap. That chinese guy was such an annoying and terrible actor. "I am one with the force the force is with me" x155. Gotcha
>>
>>730142810
It's the over processed media that dragged it down to a 5/10.

Fools get processed and packaged.
>>
>>730142922
Final sequence was awesome but only because Darth Vadar being so cool has already been established.
>>
>>730142810
I found it bland and generic. But then most movies that are action based are generic and bland to me.
>>
>>730142810
Considering the rest of the saga I put rogue one next to A New Hope and The Force Awareness
>>
Run...fix this...fix that...run...the Jedi that's not a Jedi...run...download this...upload that...run...Vader...run...reconfigure this...reconfigure that...run...fix this...run...fix that...run...die...Vader...CGI Leia...credits.

A yawner for sure.
>>
>>730142810
This movie was actually good. The other star wars flix with the nigger was horrible. Seriously tho Rouge one is worth a watch.
>>
>>730142810
it was far better than the force awakens imo
>>
>>730142810

everything was good apart from the pointless cgi faces and the terrible characters. especially the characters which ruined the film. There was no one to like and feel empathy to . So ye it was bad.
>>
>>730149459
Dude...it was beyond boring.
>>
>>730143777
not the actors fault its the directors/writers
>>
Nope, feel the exact same OP. Everyone raved about how great it was, I thought it was just one giant cliche with the Star Wars branding.
>>
The Vader scene was cool at the end
>>
File: sRb7yNtTJAtZS.gif (1MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
sRb7yNtTJAtZS.gif
1MB, 400x250px
>>730149506
>>
>>730143344
I bet that
!) that's not true
and
2) you won't go away

pathetic
>>
ending was literally Halo reach
>>
>>730142810
>Good actors
>no jedis, a bit tired of them after 12 movies
>no niggers, major I mean thank god
>kinda realistic view of the star wars universe from the point of view of regular people
>NO NIGGERS

what else?

no niggers

besides the nigger stuff the movie do stand by her own stop being a niggerfaggot
>>
File: NEowjxQl6Eyrrv_2_b.jpg (34KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
NEowjxQl6Eyrrv_2_b.jpg
34KB, 600x317px
>>730142810
There characters were oddly I-don't-give-a-shit-about-them-ish.

When the droid died (if you can call it that with a robot), I actually felt a little sad.

But when the ending came and EVERYBODY died, I didn't feel a thing.
The two main characters sharing their goodbyes while the explosion came closer and closer didn't make any impression on me, to the point wher I was downright confused with myself. This clearly was supposed to be an emotional moment, but it didn't tug at any of my heartstrings whatsoever. I just didn't care about those two.
>>
>>730150333
M'Rey!
>>
>>730150394
Exactly how i felt.

The fucking Droid stole the show. Otherwise it was just a bunch of overused set pieces.
>>
>>730142810
Well, it wasnt bad, but not great either. I think it was quite alright, good enough to make me not regret the time I spent watching it.

I liked the tone of it, it wasnt the typical SW tone. I thought the tone and atmosphere was more gritty, more serious and more darker than usual. A bunch of reluctant heroes who just kinda got caught up in it, who managed to pull some shit off, but ultimately --SPOILER-- die in the end. It also is nice to see something else than the usual SW heroes.
While there wasnt anything that was standing out, there wasnt anything that was completely bad either.
>>
File: in the know.jpg (414KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
in the know.jpg
414KB, 1200x800px
it wasn't the best movie ever but I'm so glad Disney are making all these films. I can't wait for more.
>>
So here's my thing: storm troopers, why the fuck do they wear armor? It doesn't stop blaster shots, it doesn't stop rocks or arrows, it doesn't stop some dude with a stick, it doesn't even seem to help much against just punching them in the face. Why even bother?
>>
This character was grossly miss represented.
>>
File: 3-1.jpg (144KB, 586x800px) Image search: [Google]
3-1.jpg
144KB, 586x800px
>>730142810
Writing was shit. Took 4 guys and 2 directors. Too much focus on Explosions and X-wings, none on characterization. WTF do I care that jedda expodes if I don't care about any of the characters? I have to feel something to give a shit.

And Disney better lvl up the fucking stormtroopers they are becoming a joke of meatshields who can't do anything right.

Also I don't give a damn about these new characters in force awakens, we have a Mary sue who is now the savior of the galaxy and an emo darth vader wanna be? Its pretty clear that the original characters which is basically Luke now and maybe lando are just window dressing now for the crappy new ones.

As a SW fan for 30 years, I won't be paying to see it in theaters.
>>
The entire movie is just the story of Halo Reach reskined as star wars and that's all I can think about when I think about this movie
>>
>>730144388
It happens because the story and writing was shit and the eye candy of the CGI only wow's you the first time.
>>
>>730142810
I didn't feel it too much either. And I felt NOTHING for fantastic beasts
>>
File: 1492623009824.png (176KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492623009824.png
176KB, 360x270px
You know what would have made this movie Great? If you started it with the battle at the end and all the members of Rogue 1 manage to escape the planet. Leia gets away and they are Considered the Elite of the rebel Special ops teams.

The the rest of the movie is the Empire tracking them down and killing them one at a time. IT goes from a cliche action to a suspense thriller where they have no where to run and no where to hide. And the audience would actually care about weather they survive or not.

Fail on all fronts.
>>
>>730153310
Incidently the story of Halo Reach was also shit
>>
>>730142810
Disney execs
> Guys we have the whole star wars universe what should we do.
> Let's do the story of the death Star plans which had a single line of dialogue in the first movie.
> You brilliant motherfucker green light that shit.
> What else.
> Let's do an origin story for Han Solo, everyone likes that guy.
> Boom let's go to lunch.
Hollywood is just dead at this point.
>>
>>730142810
The first hour is extremely boring. The last act is really the only redeeming thing about this
>>
>>730150394
>>730151036

you didn't care because there was nothing to care about. There was no chemistry or bond or anything remotely relate able from these characters to the audience members. What did the director give us to identify with from any of them? The droid was the only one and that because he was funny and had a human element to his character.
>>
How did Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazen get off Jeddah? You see them there just before shit blows up.
>>
>>730153903
You moron, that was from jedi. Not ANH
>>
File: nop.png (81KB, 235x222px) Image search: [Google]
nop.png
81KB, 235x222px
>>730142810
I fell asleep half way through so I can't really have an opinion. Or maybe the fact that I fell asleep is my opinion?
>>
File: 1492470873518.jpg (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492470873518.jpg
11KB, 256x256px
>>730154118
lol'd

Also How the fuck did the rebels spaceship to to hyperspace while still in the planets atmosphere? It violates the laws of the ST universe. Just like the fucking nonsense of the 2 man tie fighter in TFA

Disney are shitting all over this franchise.
>>
File: 1345499391174.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1345499391174.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
>>730142810
Tried watching it twice. Fell asleep the first time. the second time I only found myself TRYING to like it. It was hard to care for any of the characters. guess i'll just skip to the end.
>>
>>730154145
Have you even watched star wars? This pos film leads onto the first few mins of a new hope.
>>
>>730154724
Have you ? The line about the bothans dying is from jedi not a new hope.
>>
>>730142922
this
10 seconds of awesome
rest of the movie sucked
too many character introductions.
force awakens is the shittiest SW movie though.
>>
>>730154835
There were two Death Stars idiot, the Bothan spies got the plans for the second one, not the first one.
>>
>>730142810
why do starwars keep making death stars? they have to get some new ideas for this to be interesting
>>
>>730155073
Thats what he was saying anon.
>>
Rogue One felt like one long battle. A battle lacking in color. I didn't like it. To remind the viewer they are watching a Star Wars movie, they throw in some lasers, Darth makes an appearance as do C3-P0 + R2-D2, although blink and you'll miss them. Not a fun movie to watch.
>>
>>730155170
Yes, but there was a throwaway line about the Death Star plans in A New Hope, too.
>>
>>730142810
some nice visuals, fits in nicely to the originals. The ending was good. Some parts were funny, SOME.

Shitty tumblr cast. Niggers and mudslimes took over the galaxy. What were the character names again? No jedi. 1 hour 30 mins of not much action and a lot of story that we didn't want to see.

6/10 because star wars
>>
Picture related was the only good thing about that movie.
>>
>>730154835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgtj00Rp8s

There you go mother fucker
>>
>>730155522
so salty
>>
>>730155888
> Salty
> Hur dur I know stuuuuur wrsss that was from Return of the Jedi.
Please
>>
>>730155328
epic robot sheldon
[spoiler]zimbabwe[/spoiler]
>>
>>730155326
>Niggers and mudslimes took over the galaxy
muslims? there's muslims in Rogue One?
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.