[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /b/, what are some albums everyone hates but you seem to love?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 44

File: TinSnare.jpg (343KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TinSnare.jpg
343KB, 500x500px
Alright /b/, what are some albums everyone hates but you seem to love?
>>
File: sloth.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sloth.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>730009176
>>
>>730009176
anything by aerosmith
>>
>>730009490
Yeah Aerosmith is garbage
>>
File: 81IUk+xcljL._SL1500_.jpg (231KB, 1496x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81IUk+xcljL._SL1500_.jpg
231KB, 1496x1500px
>>
inb4 nickelback
>>
I dont have a picture but, SOME of coldplays stuff is good
>>
File: 51u1rEyZoxL._SY400_.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51u1rEyZoxL._SY400_.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>
>>730009176
Every korn album...
>>
I'm doing comission artwork for just $40, nothing more or less. If interested email
[email protected]
>>
File: f.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>
>>730011316
Kill yourself.
>>
>>730011214
kek
love me some old school corn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLiRJ2ipys
>>
>>
>>730011316

Can you draw my fursona getting sucked off by Tony the Tiger?
>>
File: CD_KidCrusher_Grinch_SMALL.jpg (292KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CD_KidCrusher_Grinch_SMALL.jpg
292KB, 500x500px
>>
>>730009176
St. Anger seriously wasn't the shit storm everyone makes it out to be in all honesty.
Load and Reload were the ones to rant and rave about...
>>
>>730012327
Not really. Load, especially, has some pretty fucking good songs on it that are criminally underrated (Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn). I think Load, Reload, and St. Anger are all pretty decent, but people hop on these bandwagons and shit on them because "muh sellout albums."
>>
File: sonissyndicatecd2014.jpg (160KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
sonissyndicatecd2014.jpg
160KB, 638x638px
>>
File: galaktikon-brendon-small.jpg (48KB, 564x566px) Image search: [Google]
galaktikon-brendon-small.jpg
48KB, 564x566px
>>
File: homepage_large.33716979.jpg (25KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.33716979.jpg
25KB, 319x319px
>>
>>730009490
Aerosmith hasn't done anything interesting since the 70's. They lost their talent when they decided to give up drugs and shelved their edge, while embracing pop music to make a dollar. The only band that is a bigger sellout is Metallica.
>>
>>730013199
This is true. Metallica hasnt made anything good since justice for all
>>
Agreed >>730013338
>>
File: 220px-FloydFC-Cover01.jpg (14KB, 220x219px) Image search: [Google]
220px-FloydFC-Cover01.jpg
14KB, 220x219px
Maybe not as a whole album. But there are definitely some stand out tracks.
>>
>>730013338
The entirety of Metallica's black album was amazing to me in my opinion. St anger was decent, and load, reload had a couple of decent songs. But Kill em' all, master, ride the lightning, and Justice are untouchable. Beyond amazing when I first discovered them.
>>
i don't think pablo honey was bad
>>
>>730013037
Nigga the only good track is "Meet me at the corner" the rest is trash
>>
>>730013796
>being this much of a neophyte to Metallica
Metallica is like two different bands: one which originated with Mustaine, with Mustaine's music that he wrote all parts of, who invented thrash metal, combined with a post-Mustaine-era series (KEA, RTL, MoP, AJFA) of similar thrash edginess and raw power based on Mustaine's riffs, cord progression, and tamed speed. Mustaine invented thrash and neither thrash, nor Metallica's sound, would exist without Mustaine. It's that simple.

Then Lars and James ran out of ideas for years and couldn't write anything. Enter Bob Rock, who has taken many burnt-out and unimaginative bands in a new (always pop) direction. Hence, The Black Album. Everything afterwards has been pop music from a band living off its past reputation as being edgy with James occasionally throwing in a growl to dupe the masses. Kirk Hammett can barely play guitar, is the biggest problem in the studio because he sucks and they have to do take after take (literally James can play better lead), and even master guitar virtuoso, Joe Satriani, has said Hammett was his worst student ever and has to work 10x harder than everybody else just to not offend the ears. And therein lies the demise of Metallica--in that Hammett could never write (like Mustaine), and he ran out of written music and recordings from Mustaine's days, he (and thus Metallica--a lead guitar-driven band at their height) ceased to be anything but copycat sellouts to pop music.

See for yourself:
youtube.com/watch?v=qgnKU1y8pGc
youtube.com/watch?v=5_4c3hAFdAo
>>
>>730015783
looks like you're right
didn't realize how much hammett is cancer

this one is very telling too
youtube.com/watch?v=UFOt0ESfAPQ
>>
>>730015783
Tl'dr
>>
>>730016126
>dave mustain made metallica what they are
>kirk hammet is a terrible guitar player
>metallica sucks after black album
>>
>>730015783
>Neophyte
Dude its facts, you don't have to get all technical. I do agree though with one thing. Dropping Mustaine for for Kirk was a huge error on Metallica's part. Hamett couldn't hold a candle to Mustaine 's writing and playing abilities. Kill em all is a perfect example.
>>
>>730016881
Haha I never said Kirk is better than Dave nigga. Mustaine is an extremely talented guitar player. And I've always enjoyed his writing abilities.
>>
this >>730016883

>>730017088
>extremely talented
wut nigga?
understatement of the century

Dave Mustaine was ranked as the #1 guitarist by Joel McIver who wrote the book and is the authority. Mustaine also plays lead and rhythm, and sings, and does all the writing and arrangements and studio engineering. Ever try to play guitar (metal, no less) and sing at the same time? Good luck with that. Mustaine is incredibly talented all the way around. Hammett is sort of the joke of metal.
>>
File: pantera.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pantera.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
>>
>>730016883
I'm not even him. There are two people that think your tl;dr comment is about retarded. Not sure how you read anything in this world or have ever read at all, if that is "tl". 2nd graders read more than that. Any article in a magazine, newspaper, whatever, is 20 times longer, etc.
>>
>>730017555
No shit, I'm agreeing with you. The only person who is suitable to play with Mustaine is James. James is also a phenomenal rythym guitar player who also possess the ability to sing and play. He is also exceptional writer.
>>
>>730016126
>>730016883
>>730017088
>>730017856
It's all me.
>>
just listened to some 2016 mustaine
impressed
he is current and still edgy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=mEkXyEIu3OU
>>
>>730017929
Umm, no.
Hurr-durr more.
You're good at it.
If the whole "reading" thing doesn't work out for you, just tell them you are retarded. Won't be a stretch for anyone to believe you. Seriously.
>>
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOy14BKg4Q
>>
>>730017728
No, the only person who is retarded is you my friend, who willingly typed your little irrelevant thoughts to the post with your greasy little fingers in order to make yourself look smart. Haha butthurt much?
>>
>>730018103
If I'm able to respond to your post than your response has no substance. Great job dunce! Keep going so I can verbally shut you down.
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (141KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
141KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>730011703
Die
>>
>>730013199
People get old.. shit happens.
>>
>>730018555
I don't think anyone actually likes listening to this shit, not even the band. It's more about using it as satire for their AS cartoon
>>
>>730017627
That cover art, tho.
>>
>>730018328
>your post
I literally posted once >>730018103 in this thread.
I posted only to let you know that if you are not aware, not everyone is limited to not seeing what you are doing. Apparently you are oblivious to this. I'm not sure what you think you are accomplishing in samefagging, but here's a clue: having been being busted publicly for being a dipshit, it is infantile to then suddenly think your dipshit ass is clever and posting retarded shit like "It's all me". It isn't, and we can see that. Maybe just admit you are wrong next time, like anyone of substance would. Not surprised you suck Kirk Hammett's dick and spout "tl; dr" to anons then go on to post comment after comment about what you "didn't read".

Grow up, kid. If you're not a kid, that is just sad.
>>
>>730009176
People are always saying how this band is going downhill, but honestly I think this album is incredible.
>>
>>730016883
mustaine was dropped because he was a violent drunk who couldn't commit to being at band practice on time.
>>
>>730015783
metallica wasn't "out of idas". they were falling apart as a band and needed someone to help get them straightened out. they choose bob rock because of his reputation of being a producer who could do just that; getting bands back on there feet.

saying what metallica is and the thrash genre was solely created by mustaine is annoyingly incorrect. the whole band was involved in creating their identity as a band.

>And therein lies the demise of Metallica--in that Hammett could never write (like Mustaine), and he ran out of written music and recordings from Mustaine's days, he (and thus Metallica--a lead guitar-driven band at their height) ceased to be anything but copycat sellouts to pop music.

you are trying way to hard here.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (28KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
28KB, 284x177px
>>
>>730011316
Faggot
>>
>>730020013
1) Yeah, he drank, and yeah he was violent. He was also routinely beaten as a child by his drunken father and hospitalized 4 times while trying to protect his mother. So he's not a dick, just had a very tough upbringing.

2) The real reason he was dropped which everyone knows, is he punched James in the face after (drunken) James kicked Dave's dog (who merely put his paws on Ron's car (and James used to treat Ron like his bitch)) and broke 3 ribs (the dog was put down days later due to complications from surgery to screw the broken ribs together). After Ron kicked Dave's dog, James jumped in and started kicking him too. Dave told Ron to stop. He didn't Dave told him to stop or he'd punch him in the mouth. James continued kicking the dog and said "you punch him, you'll have to punch me first". Dave said, "okay, you win" and Dave knocked out James and sent three of his teeth flying into the grass. One punch. Dave was "replaced" without anyone saying a word within a week and Hammett the pussy dropped his former band and flew across the country for a chance at the job (he was one of more than 20 people asked, yet the only one who was low enough to do this and was literally given the job only because he showed up off the flight to the studio, having not played a single note for Lars and James, let alone jammed with them).

2) The way he was "dropped" was a dick move by Lars and James. No one deserves that. No one. Cliff was by far the heaviest user and by far the most violent drunk of the lot, and James was a close second.

3) Metallica stealing all HIS music and songs and writings and pawning them off as their own was a dick move and a half. Imagine if this happened to you.

4) This had nothing to do with "showing up to practice" and frankly, Dave was the only one in the band who didn't need to practice--he wrote everything and did all the work, including funding the band (yeah, from dealing) when no one gave a fuck about them.
>>
>>730011776
Looks pretty shitty
>>
>>730019093
The first two albums are great
>>
>>730012742
No, Metallica is just a shitty band for man children who want to be edgy. Should've been called st. Angst
>>
>>730020912
lol
this >>730015783 anon had it exactly right
you have no clue what you are talking about obviously and maybe only a newfag to metal would believe any of the bullshit you just posted

if you actually believe what you just wrote, you are either really, really fucking dumb, trolling, or some underage child who shouldn't be here
>>
>>
>>730011703
fuck you, dude.
>>
>>730013417
Love this fucking album all the way through
>>
File: 46685_2_ver1485462508.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
46685_2_ver1485462508.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
>>730019807
Just saw them live last night, they're sound has evolved since their first albums but they are far from bad
>>
>>
>>730012327
>St. Anger seriously wasn't the shit storm everyone makes it out to be

I can't really judge the quality of the songs because I can't get over the shitty production. Death Magnetic had terrible mixing as well; way too much clipping on both of them.
>>
this >>730021458
when you realize what a bunch of uber dickheads and backstabbers metallica is, with Lars and James the ripoff artists and then the absolutely clueless and average-at-best-on-a-good-day Kirk Hammett with the rotating bass player of increasing tame pussyness over the years, it is real hard to listen to them at all.

i am with all the other anons and pretty much everybody who knows metal in metallica being dead since and justice for all

fact is, hammett is useless and can't write, and for a metal band, that is a formula for being a limp dicked sellout. they really had no choice

think about it
no one has ever called lars a great drummer
james is an average rhythm guitarist
hammett is below average
their bassists have been essentially run of the mill session bassists with below average talent since newsted left (burton was the bet)

i'm not a mustaine fan, but it is hard to deny that he was in fact the talent of metallica, created their sound and by most standards, created thrash metal itself. he's also obviously talented as fuck as a musician and multitalented at that.
>>
>>730011156
who the fuck hates invincible?
>>
>>730015783
This one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nclXtEqf3e0
>>
>>730009784
you're high.
>>
>>730021327
agreed. deloused was the best... and they seemed to get shittier as they progressed, but day of the baphomets is probably my favorite.
>>
File: jmj-teo-tea-album.jpg (18KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
jmj-teo-tea-album.jpg
18KB, 312x312px
>>
>>730021634
maybe you should watch "some kind of monster" and the metal evolution episode regarding thrash. also maybe read some magazine articles on metallica.

>if you actually believe what you just wrote, you are either really, really fucking dumb, trolling, or some underage child who shouldn't be here

you are obviously the troll. also, i didn't "write" that post i typed it.
>>
>>730016044
This is painful to watch, they're such shit hahaha
>>
This >>730022427
On Metallica's first (and best) album, Kill 'Em All, they were exposed as ripoff artists and forced to go back and credit Mustaine with most of the album. Their own label forced them to do it without Mustaine saying a word when their agent disclosed to the copyrighters that the "original authorship" records were all owned by Dave Mustaine. The other half of the album were Mustaine-tunes they tweaked enough to pass off as their own. Same with the next three albums where they had Hammett train off of old Mustaine tapes of shit that otherwise wouldn't have made it to any album because Mustaine used to play all the time and Lars records everything. No question all the guitar sound of Metallica came from Mustaine, and the speed. If you listen to Metallica bootlegs, you can hear Lars screaming at Kirk like a little bitch, "do it exactly like Dave did it and don't improv shit!!!"
>>
>>730009176
I wouldn't go as far as saying "love," but I enjoy Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. That should piss off a lot of anons.
>>
>>730009176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCGXolAc_rg
>>
>>730011534
irredeemable
>>
>>730015783
>Kirk Hammett
yeah but he is the nicest guy in the band tho, if he left they'd be just the two assholes and that bassist who isn't allowed to talk.

Totally correct tho, I got a re-issue vinyl of ride the lighting, they added Mustaine as writer credits to at-least 5 songs. I distinctly remember that not being the case years ago. sounds pretty good btw, better than that digital remaster.
>>
Death Magnetic
>>
>>730019745
>>730019745
Ahh resorting to calling me a child who shouldn't be here cliche. Dude you are cancer. Instead of responding intellectually with SOMETHING of substance you go off on a tangent with you're little butthurt remarks. Fuck off, and also, the Metal community didn't accept you so you come here with you're stupid little critiques that no one gives a shit about.
>>
File: Riiiiight.jpg (13KB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
Riiiiight.jpg
13KB, 320x245px
>>730022823
I don't give a fuck about either of you, but if you think "Some Kind Of Monster" is anything but pro-Metallica propaganda, I feel sorry for you, son. That is a mainstream film by Berlinger and Sinofsky who were massive fans of Metallica, and Metallica did a (yet another sellout) deal where they sold off rights of their music as background to Berlinger & Sinofsky's film, Paradise Lost, in exchange for Berlinger & Sinofsky agreeing to make a Metallica documentary where Metallica had complete editing control contractually. Do you expect the scammers known as Metallica to actually say that they ripped off Mustaine in their own documentary when they can't even give him credit on the friggin' back cover of the album?

You are about fucking retarded..
>>
>>730021458
>1) Yeah, he drank, and yeah he was violent. He was also routinely beaten as a child by his drunken father and hospitalized 4 times while trying to protect his mother. So he's not a dick, just had a very tough upbringing.

doesn't mean he couldn't exercise discipline and commit to the band in.

>2) The real reason he was dropped which everyone knows, is he punched James in the face after (drunken) James kicked Dave's dog (who merely put his paws on Ron's car (and James used to treat Ron like his bitch)) and broke 3 ribs (the dog was put down days later due to complications from surgery to screw the broken ribs together). After Ron kicked Dave's dog, James jumped in and started kicking him too. Dave told Ron to stop. He didn't Dave told him to stop or he'd punch him in the mouth. James continued kicking the dog and said "you punch him, you'll have to punch me first". Dave said, "okay, you win" and Dave knocked out James and sent three of his teeth flying into the grass. One punch. Dave was "replaced" without anyone saying a word within a week and Hammett the pussy dropped his former band and flew across the country for a chance at the job (he was one of more than 20 people asked, yet the only one who was low enough to do this and was literally given the job only because he showed up off the flight to the studio, having not played a single note for Lars and James, let alone jammed with them).

i'd drop him too if i couldn't get along with him. what is your point besides hammett's a pussy and james can't take a punch?

>2) The way he was "dropped" was a dick move by Lars and James. No one deserves that. No one. Cliff was by far the heaviest user and by far the most violent drunk of the lot, and James was a close second.

i'm not saying the other members didn't drink or do drugs. if i remember correctly james did cocaine. but why would dave even want to stay in a band with james if they clearly didn't like each other. metallica was always lars and james band
>>
>>730023972
>i'd drop him too if i couldn't get along with him. what is your point besides hammett's a pussy and james can't take a punch?

Not OP, but I think the point is they're lucky Dave was as calm as he was. Somebody kicks my dog in front of me and they're getting shot in the face.
>>
>>730022669
I can agree with that, I do love their early shit so much. Another cool band was rishloo
>>
>>730021458
>3) Metallica stealing all HIS music and songs and writings and pawning them off as their own was a dick move and a half. Imagine if this happened to you.

he wrote that shit while in the band. it belonged to metallica. they even gave him the credits on the kill'em all album. non of what they used in later albums was entirely what dave wrote, it was changed and reworked.

>4) This had nothing to do with "showing up to practice" and frankly, Dave was the only one in the band who didn't need to practice--he wrote everything and did all the work, including funding the band (yeah, from dealing) when no one gave a fuck about them.

dave and james couldn't get along. metallica is james and lars idea, they have the say in who is in and who is not. dave needed to go. that simple from all that info you provided. besides dave went on to found megadeth, a fucking awesome band in its own right.
>>
>>730023385
>nicest
you mean he is appreciative and a well trained chihuahua that has learned to keep his mouth shut while riding coattails?
i'd be "nice" too if I got a high paying job and had no talent and was grossly underqualified and got to rip off somebody else's work

those that they had to post-release go back and credit to mustaine, they were forced to by the label itself, knowing that mustaine could sue and get all the revenues (he never did)

the rest of the tunes are all mustaine's too (at least the guitar and often the lyrics) but when you change enough of something, you don't have to give credit so they get away with it

i don't know why vinyl sounds better either, but it just does
especially louder
>>
File: 1434592216644.jpg (330KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1434592216644.jpg
330KB, 560x560px
>>730023840
pretty sure he left at least an hour ago
ironic with your continuing to post that you are the one calling him 'butthurt'
>>
>>730015783
ok, dave. time to go to sleep. you've had a long day.
>>
This is the only one I own but damn it's good
>>
File: 711BOD1NWSL._SL1500_.jpg (211KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
711BOD1NWSL._SL1500_.jpg
211KB, 1500x1500px
Only seem to be polar opinions about Pearl Jam.

I fucking hate Pearl Jam.
This album is awesome, nonetheless.
>>
>>730024616
>i don't know why vinyl sounds better either, but it just does
>especially louder

It's even better when you're using tubes. Pro-Ject tube box feeding into a Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum with some NOS tubes for the preamp and Gold Lions for power. Fuck, man, the sound makes me diamonds.
>>
>>730025113
I like some of their shit time to time
>>
>>730024780
I'm at work and buddy, here's a tip. If you're going to include yourself in someone else's discussion please proof read what you post. You're fucking sentence is all over the place.

>Ironic with your continuing to post. ? What the fuck.
>>
>>730012327
Load was good, though Reload was total dogshit.

>>730022117
I don't see any clipping on St. Anger, and production isn't just about clipping, it's much more than that. I think the worst produced album was Hardwired. That steaming pile of shit sounds like an Indie producer tried to do a Metallica black album parody.
>>
>>730023923
if you can't gleam anything from some kind of monster then you must be biased.

anyway, regarding metallica and dave, metallica were a bunch of alcoholics and cocaine users in the early days. james and dave couldn't get along. metallica is james and lars's band. dave needed to go. he wrote all his material while being a member of the band, thus it's metallica's now, but that isn't how most see it.
dave couldn't commit to band practice. was always at odds with james. i mean he keeps whining about it but it's obvious he needed to get out of the band. it wasn't a good place for him.
>>
>>730025701
>I think the worst produced album was Hardwired
Oh yeah? I haven't even bothered listening to it yet since I figured I'd be disappointed.
>>
File: sheol-4fa8a705cbf95.jpg (810KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sheol-4fa8a705cbf95.jpg
810KB, 1000x1000px
>>730025104
Oh also this
>>
>>730011534
true, i love it as well, the X factor too
>>
Death magnetic was great. The production was complete horseshit, though, but James' writing abilities completely made me forgive it.
>>
pic related
>>
>>730024553
There is so much wrong about your post, I don't even know if it is worth responding to, but I'll throw 60 seconds at it and that's all. You can go search for the truth elsewhere or remain bliss in your disinformation bliss.

>he wrote that shit while in the band. it belonged to metallica.
Wrong. You obviously don't understand the copyright laws. It belonged to Mustaine (alone) and not only that but much of it was written by Mustaine well prior to joining Metallica while he was on his own or in Panic. This has been VERY well documented and he even has original recordings from years prior to Metallica showing the entire Kill Em All album was stuff he wrote years before. Figure it out: Metallica literally recorded Kill Em All one month after kicking Mustaine out and stealing his music. Hammett has repeatedly stated in interviews he had 1 week to learn all of Mustaine's lead guitar work for Kill Em All and 1 week to rehearse. James has also admitted the rhythm sections were "mostly" written by Mustaine but claims to have changed them. Tell me again how these were Metallica's songs and how they don't belong to Mustaine since he was "part of the band"? Lol, Mustaine wrote the instrumentals (even the drums), wrote the lead guitar, wrote the rhythm guitar, wrote the lyrics, and composed everything. Metallica literally was a "cover band" mostly doing cover of The Beatles prior to Mustaine introducing them to the thrash sound he invented.

>they even gave him the credits on the kill'em all album
again, you are just clueless. "they" didn't give shit. "they" specifically went out of their way to NOT give him credit and literally ripped him off. Paul Curcio and the Legal Department at Megaforce (their original label) forced them to give Mustaine credit later--after Metallica lied about who wrote what--because Megaforce feared they would later be sued.
>>
File: Favourite_Worst_Nightmare.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Favourite_Worst_Nightmare.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
>>730009176

Favourite Worst Nightmare by the Arctic Monkeys
>>
File: kimmy.jpg (221KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
kimmy.jpg
221KB, 1536x2048px
ITT: a bunch of metalheads pretending that music that makes them feel edgy is actually good
>>
>>730022010
Got to agree, I also love Another Perfect Day, Robbo may have fucked it up in his own way but it is still a good album. The only album that I cannot stand is Clean Your Clock, that fucking thing should have never been released, no one wants to remember Lemmy like that, they should have just re-released Boneshaker or something like that.
>>
>>730009176
Anything Nivana
>>
>>730015783
>Mustaine was good
wrong, just listen to how inferior Megadeth has been in comparison. They also are legit the worst live show I've ever seen, and book way too many acts so they don't have to play a full set.

>Metallica/Mustaine invented thrash
Arguably Queen did with Stone Cold Crazy, or Sabbath with Symptom of the Universe. There were unheard of bands before Metallica playing thrash, before there was a name for it.

>Metallica's sound is based in Mustaine
The sound changed greatly with age, and Kirk has alot to do with it. Look at Hardwired, it's bland without an Kirk writing on it, and is IMO worse than Load.

>Kirk is inferior
Are you astroturfing, sucking Dave's cock, or do you really believe yourself?

>>730021458
Cool down, are you literally Dave's kid bitching about it? Dave moved on, and being assmad about the past shows what a little bitch you are. Dave dug his own hole, blaming his actions on other shit infantilizes him, and I think that's opposed to your intent. Grow the fuck up. Also, if you are Justis, fuck off, you fucked the last tour by being a bitch to your band and stealing their money.

>>730025837
Without Kirk, it's like a dry parody of themselves. It's as if they were just going through the motions of an album and shat out the first thing that came to mind I remember listening to it thinking, when does it get good. You should listen to it just so you can know how bad it was. It was bad in the sense that, it was just below average, and instead of being offensively bad, it was just a sigh. You couldn't even get particularly angry about it, that's the worst part.

>>730026248
>Copyright laws
Intellectual property doesn't exist. Vote Gary Johnson.
>>
File: Creed-HumanClay.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Creed-HumanClay.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
Like Nickelback most people seems to hate Creed. This album is great though. Great drumming, heavy riffs, good melodies. The singing can be off putting if you are a whining cunt who enjoys Justin Bieber, Katy Perry or if you are a nigger who think Kendrick Lamar is the greatest of all time.
>>730025113
Pearl Jam is literally the GOAT.
>>
Literally any good metal music.
>>
File: Yeezus_album_cover.png (167KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus_album_cover.png
167KB, 300x263px
>>
>>730027458
>Kirk is inferior
>Are you astroturfing, sucking Dave's cock, or do you really believe yourself?
Have you even listened to Megadeth? Kirk couldn't play anything on Rust in Peace even if he wanted.
>>
>>730026248
so what you're saying is all this time metallica is a shit band that owe their success to a single man named dave mustaine?
thank you for pulling the wool out of my eyes.
i never really liked metallica anyway, old or new. same with megadeth. i was always a rush guy myself with a little dragonforce in later years. now i don'[t listen to music anymore because i'm mentally ill and listening to music alone, without other stimulus, triggers rage and irrational thoughts of being wild and animalistic. this doesn't happen while i watch movies for some reason. the only thing i can figure is because the visuals and thinking about what is going on in the film keep me sane.
>>
>>730028260
Well that escalated quickly
>>
>>730027888
Megadeth consistently has failed to innovate, and has put out bland releases for years. Rust in Peace is nowhere near as timeless as Master of Puppets, assuming we're talking greatest release head to head. There's little variety on RIP and that's not even getting into how shitty the remaster made it in comparison to the original release. I find Dave's lyrical content consistently cringeworthy, RIP talks breaking up with your girlfriend, who fucking cares. You are the epitome of this onion article.

http://www.theonion.com/article/humanity-still-producing-new-art-though-megadeths--50983
>>
File: C9H8-PWUIAAzbQ2.jpg (226KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9H8-PWUIAAzbQ2.jpg
226KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: Artpop_cover.png (168KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Artpop_cover.png
168KB, 300x300px
VENUS!
>>
>>730021624
>Being immature enough to shit on a band because of a stereotype
>Implies he isn't the man child in this situation
Grow up.
>>
File: Delerium_Chimera_album_cover.jpg (66KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Delerium_Chimera_album_cover.jpg
66KB, 200x200px
I don't know that other people hate them as much as they've just never heard of them, but I really dig Delerium. I listen to them at work and they help keep me from snapping.
>>
File: 1363870094346.jpg (66KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1363870094346.jpg
66KB, 500x440px
>>730025668
I think you missed his >>730024780 point. He is saying it is ironic that you continue to post your butthurt rant to an anon that obviously couldn't give a fuck about the issue to begin with because he left an hour ago, yet "you" call "him" butthurt?
Also, that you think his sentence is "all over the place" is also ironic. Your sentence is ("I'm at work and buddy"; "proof read" is "proofread"; "You're" is "Your").
Go back to sweeping the floors. You are obviously too fucking dumb to even be on 4chan.

By the way, the word, "ironic" means "happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this". Hence, when you act like a butthurt maniac violently puking anger all over this thread and respond to anons who have obviously left long ago showing they could care less about a subject, guess who the butthurt one clearly is?
You are a special kind of retarded, aren't you?
>>
File: LogicUnderPressure.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LogicUnderPressure.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>
>>730030198

Sample Track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bdMtenCBjc
>>
>>730012742
Load and Reload are somewhat enjoyable and nice crafted, but St Anger is uber crap.
>>
>>730025797
you may want to read the part of his >>730023923 post where this was paid-for by Metallica as pro-Metallica propaganda
if you aren't aware, that was not a documentary, but a movie, designed for theaters, and it flopped
it made $2M at the box office and apparently $3M in royalties
Metallica's take was 48% of that
Of Metallica's fee, 23.5% to Hetfield, 23.5% to Ulrich, 1% to Hammet, and 0% to Trujillo. Hetfield and Ulrich justified this because they did all the editing and got producer credits too.
The actual producers literally made less than Metallica for doing them this promotional film at their behest, a lousy 12%.

Again, this says a lot about the sellout and greed level of Metallica.

That you think that the film, Some Kind Of Monster, is a documentary, rather than the promotional release it was always intended to be also says a lot about you and your ability to see reality.
>>
>>730028977
If variety is the same thing as quality then you must believe that Kill 'Em All is shit (which it mostly is but not for that reason).

Either way, Dave is objectively a much better guitarists than Kirk.
>>
>>730029105
Nigger
>>
>>730027458
>Queen invented thrash
>found the retarded brit again

FYI, I'm not a Mustaine fan at all, but he pretty clearly invented thrash. There is not one single tune from Sabbath, and certainly not Queen that are anything close to thrash. They have never played in lower d, never played double time, and never have (nor could they) play any of Mustaine's chord progressions.

I don't think you have a clue about what thrash is, how difficult it is to play (it is the hardest of all for ANY guitar player, and very taxing both mentally and physically on top of it) and likely don't even play guitar at all.

Your statement about Queen inventing thrash is perhaps the most retarded thing I've ever read on /b/. Seriously.

Why is it that brits are so fucking brainwashed into thinking all things brit invented everything. Next they will tell you some bullshit about Tim Berners-Lee "inventing" the internet (when all he did co-found (yet another of the many) computer languages (and worse yet, a simple one between server and client) called http which is widely hailed as the worst ever created and grossly outdated, but we are stuck with it now. Thanks again, britards. Good job creating all the problems in the world too with your whole colonization thing.

Dumbest, most brainwashed motherfuckers on the planet. Next he'll claim again that Dave Gilmour is the best guitarist. I'd love to see Gilmour swing an ax next to Mustaine or even and average guitarist like Hammett and be thoroughly embarrassed.

"Queen invented thrash" LMFAO @ britards
>>
>>730029283
I have grown up and don't listen to this shit anymore because when I was a kid it made me feel edgy you're the one who needs to seriously grow up
>>
File: 1212630879261.jpg (26KB, 455x427px) Image search: [Google]
1212630879261.jpg
26KB, 455x427px
>>730027458
just read this
omfg
you are way to retarded to be here
srsly, r u fukin retarded?
>queen invented thrash
>>
>>730027660
That's a great fucking album
>>
just saw this thread
did that imbecile just say queen invented thrash?
gotta luv how fucked up brits are in their head on propaganda island
>>
File: IN-UTERO.jpg (278KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IN-UTERO.jpg
278KB, 2000x2000px
>>
This is the best thing they've done since LFDGD.

To make my opinion even more unpopular, Brave Murder Day and their debut bored the piss out of me.
>>
>>730031011
you misunderstand my post and troll on me. fuck you.

it was obvious to promote the fucking band. my point was you can see all that by how the fucking thing is edited. the interview with mustaine in particular was edited to make him look like a whiny bitch with no just cause for his reasons of disdain for metallica.
>>
File: Blink_182_2.jpg (201KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blink_182_2.jpg
201KB, 600x600px
>>
>>730012961
This album's fucking tight, who hates it?

>>730018555
I prefer II, but this one had some great riffs too.

>>730019093
Of course it's satire. It's also good death metal, and Brendon Small very much enjoys playing it. I also happen to enjoy listening to it, and many other people as well. Shit, go to /metal/ general on /mu/ and ask for their opinion, I guarantee they won't shit on it nearly as much as you think. It's not GOD-TIER death metal, or death metal that does something particularly innovative, but it's all about the riffs in the end, and Dethalbum II especially has some fucking meaty ones. The composition of the records are also surprisingly cohesive, each song flows very well.
>>
>>730036020
This is the only Blink record I like.
>>
>>730024410
Rishloo still is a cool band. Their newest record is the best one they've ever put out, and it's definitely THEIR sound. I hate how people that don't understand a fucking thing about music, its production and all the aspects backing composition in songwriting say they sound like Tool or Mars Volta or whatever the fuck. They don't. Like, at all.
>>
File: a1258358130_10.jpg (464KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1258358130_10.jpg
464KB, 1200x1200px
>>730009176
Sadwrist "1EP"
>>
>>730037367
I know what you mean, they are their own fucking sound. I found them from someone saying they sound like tool and was like how the fuck did someone think they sound like tool?! The guitar work is very unique, love the singer and the bass and drums are easily listenable by itself if you cut out lyrics and guitar, they're pretty damn cool
>>
>>730017627
I doubt anyone really hates this, I have rarely came across a pantera fan that has heard of this,still an ok album
>>
>>730039334
I guess I shouldn't say they don't sound ANYTHING like Tool or Mars Volta, there will always be similarities, especially in a medium like music. It's a very aggregate form of art/entertainment, and it builds on and of itself. Many bands are inspired by other bands, and whether this is intentional or not, they craft their own music in ways that are at least marginally derivative of those bands. So yeah, if I were to describe them to somebody that knew about Mars Volta and Tool, I would say they sound like a cross between the two, but of course that's not really the case when you get into semantics and actually LISTEN to them. Very few bands/artists spawn a genre/subgenre of their own accord, and even fewer are successful for it.

Completely original is not equivalent to completely satisfying. And yeah, Drew has one of the best voices I've heard in music. It's vibrato and tone perfected, and it sounds like hot butter flowing down the porcelain ass crack of a Greek goddess.
>>
>>730011316
yo yo yo

Looking for a nice custom profile picture for my steam profile

link to the one I made with ms paint: http://steamcommunity.com/id/T0xic4nim4l/

you'll send the picture first then ill send paypal
>>
>>730040240
>and it sounds like hot butter flowing down the porcelain ass crack of a Greek goddess.
Haha I like you anon
>>
>>730040416
Kys
>>
>>730040925
no u
>>
>>730017555
>Sing
Let's not get carried away here. Dude is brilliant at everything else but is shit at vocals
>>
File: s-l1600 (17).jpg (631KB, 1594x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (17).jpg
631KB, 1594x1600px
>>730009176
>>
>>730022480
Me
>>
>>730018555
Chekt
>>
File: Cover.png (2MB, 1196x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
2MB, 1196x1196px
:^)
>>
>>730028260
Try LSD
>>
>>730027660
This is one of the very few interesting mainstream albums that's come years.
>>
>>730029117
She's so fucking hot
>>
>>730019807
this is the only album i know from this band
but boy
it's one of the best albums i've ever heard that really 'tells' you something
>>
>>730029105
What is he
>>
>>730028260
>listening to music alone, without other stimulus, triggers rage and irrational thoughts of being wild and animalistic

I was under the impression that that was the whole appeal. It depends on the genre really, but yeah, metal is a genre that conveys emotion and aesthetic very efficiently, and that emotion and aesthetic just happens to mostly be anger and pure mania. All genres have their place I think, but metal in particular is one that has a large capacity for different levels of expression and technicality. Listen to a Megadeth song, then listen to this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wenNqTd5hU

Just go insane, my man. Or let the music wash over you, and don't feel anything at all. Nobody's watching.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.