[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do employers judge or not employ people based off looks?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 22

File: blue.jpg (26KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
26KB, 450x450px
Why do employers judge or not employ people based off looks?

So from when i left school to now (2.5 years) ive been searching for a job, i always have my hair died an unnatural colour such as red or purple, have face tats and will paint my nails (either black or white).

Around 2 months ago i died hair brown, stopped painting nails and concealed my tats, i got a job super fast. I dont think its a coincidence but i just dont understand it. You would be willing to hire me, but because of my tats, hair colour and nail colour you hire someone that is worse for the job? it doesnt make sense to me.

I turn up to work now, with everything normal (-nailpolish because working around food) and they dont mind, so why was it such a big set back.
>>
Fuck off you lazy cunt.
>>
>>729752191
lol what
>>
>>729751679
If I had a company I wouldnt want my customers to see employees which look like they were pulled out of an Antifa rally and forced to work for the first time in their lifetime
>>
somebody post one of them bait memes

i would but i don't save that shit
>>
"Searching"
> 2 years
Useless tool
>>
>>729752417
>Antifa rally
Autism
>>
Alright, as someone who co-owned a business selling roller shutters, and took care of hiring for the small door-knocking and sales team, here's my thoughts on it (for my own specific case, mind you)

1) You are going to be going to people's homes. First impression is important, if someone is considering buying thousands of dollars of stuff, I am not sending someone who looks like a thug ready to steal it.
2) Save as above for people with piercings / retarded haircuts / colours, older generations have prejudice against that, and I don't find it very respectable looking.
3) I also don't want someone who craves the attention colourings / piercings bring. You can rant and rave about how it's "You" all you want, but even then you're getting exactly what you want; a chance to show how fucking snowflake you are. Go away and grow up.

tl:dr If you look like someone who wastes their dole money on stupid shit, then you can continue to spend your dole money on stupid shit until you grow up.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476467083118.jpg (35KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476467083118.jpg
35KB, 500x667px
>>
>>729751679
As an employer, it shows that people can not make correct decisions. Example: If I owned a music/clothing store, someone with a blue fucking Mohawk would be perfect if they knew the business. If I was looking for an artist. Someone with neck tattoos and their head shaved on one side would be accurate. If I am looking for someone in sales, I want the person everyone wants to fuck. Slim, attractive, conservative someone that looks like even with the world crashing down they make good decisions. Good decisions about the money I entrust them with.

So, are employers judgmental? The world is judgmental you stupid fuck, what the fuck did you learn in school? How to put round dowels in round holes. The fact you are asking this question, gives me serious fucking pause about the state of education. Jesus-Motherfucking-Christ how is it you are this fucking stupid? Did someone drop you on your head when you were small? Job interview skills used to be something that was taught in school? WTF happened there?

Best of luck you, lazy fuck. Glad to see you took your fucking life seriously and joined the human race.
>>
>>729752806
>Job interview skills used to be something that was taught in school? WTF happened there?

Those courses were considered to be insensitive, and culturally biased against anyone who's mommy and daddy paid the full price for their education. So the liberal fuckwads who run the colleges did away with them in favor of LBGT<whatever the fuck they wanna put after it> based, ethnocentric, liberal arts courses which make the useless slag feel like part of the steel contributing to the structure of American culture.
>>
>>729751679
And OP... Here is the best advice I can give you, summed up by The Delaware Destroyers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w7CrxLj36I
>>
>>729752799
Sounds like your concept of "growing up" equates to embracing conformism.
Am I wrong?
>>
Basically you're expandable so managers can find someone equally qualified without dyed hair.
>>
>>729752806
So giving in to the prejudices of others is "taking your life seriously"?

Good God
>>
>>729751679
It's stereotypes. The tattoo thing is associated with people being poor, dumb, and lazy. I don't think a lot of people know how much time and money you have to put in for a decent piece. Also only faggots that don't understand the culture call them tats. Just a tip if you want an artist to take you seriously. Most of the time, I understand not wanting someone that looks like me at a front desk. Or being on a sales floor or something to that effect. It makes no sense to me if you have a solid work history and looking to do work not oriented around dealing with people. BUT, you probably have minimal or no real work history. If you're gonna do the degenerate thing, you've gotta work 10 times harder to prove your worth. But then places will respect you more.

tl;dr
>stop being a fag, goddamn
>>
>>729753524
>continuing with the tried and tested, stable way of functioning
>conforming

You're such a dumb cunt. The fact that you think that going a way different to what you think is "the right way" is confirming, shows that you're just a fucking conformist as well, confirming to "non-confirming", because that's so radical
>>
>>729753524
More like my idea of "growing up" is if you want someone to do something (ie hire you), then you better get ready to stop trying to be a unique crystal little individual and show you can be part of a team and act like everyone else, rather than try to get as much attention as possible.
>>
>>729753524
>embracing conformism.
>Am I wrong?

If by conformism you mean having things like a home, utilities on and running, FOOD to eat. Then no, you're not wrong. If you wanna live out in the woods, in a hut, and hunt/grow your own food, and let your hair grow into tangled, greasy hanks of dreadlocks, be my guest. But just remember, you can have all of the comforts us "conforming sheep" have too. All you have to do is look fucking presentable, and be able to do the job you're trying to get hired for.
>>
ITT: We spot who studied an art degree and who studied or does something useful based on one post.
>>
I wouldn't hire a kid in a professional job
:/
>>
>>729753694
Yes, welcome to the real world faggot
>>
>>729753694
>So giving in to the prejudices of others is "taking your life seriously"?

If you don't fit what your customers want, they go elsewhere, and you go out of business. It's stupid of you to even think otherwise. And shows you don't really deserve to be thought of as employee material.
>>
>>729754085
Damn dude. You summed up my post >>729754103 so much better than I did. I feel kinda stupid now.
>>
>>729751679
no one wants to work with a train wreck
no one wants stare at an abortion all day
no one wants to waste their time with someone who doesnt know better
>>
>>729751679
Unnatural color, red
Dumbass nigger detected
>>
By working for someone, you're representing them and their business. You might be the greatest, most competent and hardest working person around, but it's poor optics. A company wouldn't hire you to be someone's financial analyst or money manager and have gauged ears, green hair and a face tattoo. You'd go for the clean cut, white or Asian guy in his 30s-40s.

Yes it's 2017 and society doesn't view non traditional looks as harshly as they did 50 years ago, but there's still a level of professionalism expected in a work environment, especially at most chains or corporate places.

If you're a musician or working in the art industry, it's a different story. Let your freak flag fly
>>
>>729753524
growing up means knowing what it means to be a part of something bigger than yourself and not being the same small stupid petulant child
>>
>>729751679
>face tats
You made yourself unemployable. Enjoy working fast food the rest of your life.
>>
>>729754512
Professionalism has nothing to do with looks; it means doing your job well.
>>
Lets be honest.
I actually do discriminate.
I am not evil, but the image of my employees send a message about my company which blue hair and tats could not represent with a positive and professional image
>>
>>729754658
>fast food

Fuck that I'd hire friendly-looking teenagers who I can pay less and manipulate easier.

Face-tattoo'd faggots can do the after hours cleaning at best.
>>
>>729751679

it's called 'dressing for success'.
>>
File: future.jpg (60KB, 405x595px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
60KB, 405x595px
>>729753947
>>
>>729754660
You have to look professional too. When all jobs people buy and wear suits from are given to retards with gauges and shitty hair, then you can say you're professional.
>>
>>729754660
It has to do with appearance as well. If you have a job that requires dealing with the public on a face to face basis, whether it's working at McDonald's or sitting in board room meetings, having a non-traditional appearance can negatively impact people's perception of you.

You could be a wizard, and people would be less likely to take you seriously, because the appearance is that you don't take yourself or your job seriously.
>>
>>729754760
Employers like you are a part of what's wrong with this world.
>>
>>729751679
It doesn't make sense to you because you have willfully chosen to see reality through stupid-vision

The things you do correspond to making bad and short sighted decisions. This is beyond obvious to actual adults.
>>
>>729754660
>Professionalism has nothing to do with looks

yes it does. if you were going in for surgery and the doctor came in with a big purple mohawk, ear gauges, his nose pierced and ripped pants, would you want him to work on you, regardless if he was 'doing his job well'?
>>
>>729755165
Nobody except tumblrina antifa fags would hire anybody with face tattoos
>>
>>729755214
That's just prejudice.
If I know someone knows what they're doing, I won't give two shits about the way they look.
>>
>>729751679
because you look mentally unstable. Its common sense you don't get a job with face tats so why get them.
>>
>>729755231
I don't even give a fuck about tattoos.
I'm talking about exploiting your employees.
>>
>got face tattoos
>now can't get a job

lol, do you realize you permanently disadvantaged yourself for the rest of your entire life, vs every other person who doesn't have face tattoos?

Let me put it to you this way and I am somewhat racist. Say it's a job doing manual labor just easy stuff

I would rather hire a nigger coming out of prison for a crime, than a white kid with face tattoos. Thats how bad you fucked up. Because committing a crime sometimes come from desperation, confusion, or bad upbringing, getting TATTOOS ON YOUR FUCKING FACE, IS PLANNED, WILLFUL STUPIDITY FOR THE SAKE OF STUPIDITY.
>>
>>729751679
Because employers are usually white conservative males.
We need to get rid of the rich so everyone can live how they want, us workers are the ones doing the actual work, we should get a bigger piece of the cake.
>>
>>729754660
As per Merriam-Webster: the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person

See how it says conduct, and qualities? That is how you carry, and present yourself. If you look like you slept under a bridge, next to a fire barrel the night before, you do not convey confidence, nor professionalism. You want a job? LOOK like you want a job. Not like you're simply there under daddy's threat to cut you off financially.
>>
>>729755414
Oh boy

*Grabs popcorn*
>>
>>729753694
> giving in
It is no different with looking at your driving and background record.
Clean is clean.
And you would know more than anyone else that by choosing tattoos and dye hair that you did this all to yourself
>>
I can't seem to find work and I am white, no tatts, normal brown hair and in my early twenties.
Good luck on your job search.
>>
>>729755414
>proto-infantilist-neo-marxism whining from face tattoo kids

post a picture of yourself and your face tattoo

is it some naruto sharingen shit
>>
>>729755386
>TATTOOS ON YOUR FUCKING FACE, IS PLANNED, WILLFUL STUPIDITY FOR THE SAKE OF STUPIDITY.

I am fapping so hard to this right now!
>>
ITT: Conformists perpetuating a prejudice-based view of people.
>>
>>729755386
This. A million times this

You may as well just stamp "UNEMPLOYABLE" on your forehead if you have a face tattoo
>>
>>729755619
lol i don't even have a tattoo, i can send you a dickpic if you want it though.
>>
>>729751679
Because unnatural hair colors means you're a cunt, likely to cause some sort of SJW drama in the name of being 'different'.
>>
>>729752799

Too bad people have different tatses.

You are nobody special, so you don't get to say that something is stupid and not worth the money to that specific person.

It seems you need go grow up, bucko.
>>
File: 1457734774432.gif (2MB, 200x138px) Image search: [Google]
1457734774432.gif
2MB, 200x138px
>>729755414
You really are a special kinda stupid aren't you?
>>
File: 34yadll.jpg (65KB, 909x606px) Image search: [Google]
34yadll.jpg
65KB, 909x606px
>>729755903
DING DING DING DING!!!! I think we just spotted the Summa Cum Laude of the Liberal Arts department!
>>
>>729755214
If they're doing their job the way it's supposed to be done, why would I give two shits about how they look?

You're a definite retard, that's for sure.
>>
File: unique.jpg (64KB, 500x375px)
unique.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
>>729755304

unless someone is so spectacularly good at what they do and we've seen them in action doing said thing, we are going to judge.

we all judge books by their covers.

is that fair? maybe not. but then life isn't always fair.
>>
>>729753947
Itt: Conservative douchebags shit on people who did what they wanted to instead of lay down and die like all other conservative idiots.
>>
File: DJ7m2m8.gif (966KB, 330x216px) Image search: [Google]
DJ7m2m8.gif
966KB, 330x216px
>>729755931
I do believe you are the individual with lower brain capacity here. Prejudice is linked to lower IQ.
src: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/per.2027/abstract
>>
I get it for certain jobs, where you are supposed to represent the company. But outside of that I don't see any reason to deny people based on the way they look, if that doesn't affect their work.
>>
>>729756409
>prejudice is linked to low iq
You tumblrinas are really trying to justify your shitty lives.
>>
>>729756627
>I don't see any reason

and yet your lack of insight was never used for the basis of a single decision in this world.
>>
>>729756680

He's not wrong, neither is the source he provided.

Good work trying to ignore it, though, it just goes to show that it hit a nerve.
>>
>>729756747
>explain why every business owner/exec is racist AF
>>
>>729751679

Simple answer OP. You don't conform. So fuck off.
>>
>>729756342

you would give two shits how they look.

if two doctors come into your room and one is dressed like a hell's angel biker and the other is dressed like a traditional doctor, which would you expect to provide better care?

and don't say "the biker, if he does a better job", because you don't know the skill level of the doctor.

unless you are completely brain dead, you'll choose the doctor that actually looks like a doctor, because he takes his job seriously, as his outfit demonstrates.
>>
>>729751679

so you cleaned up like a decent human being and you got a job right away????
>>
>>729756895

funny how that works.
>>
>>729756747
>prejudice is linked to lower iq
>therefore anyone prejudiced is of low iq
>all studies are valid and reproducable

my IQ is in the 140s and I am racist. The reason that I am racist is that you can clearly see some races have inferior genetic traits for living in social society. It takes a lot of education and intelligence to understand this. You are nowhere near as intelligent as me.

Don't link studies on /b/, because you haven't once ever read the full text of a study, nor do you understand anything about how science or studies are performed.
>>
I think sometimes it isn't because they're judging you as a person, but your looks don't conform with the target audience of the business and out of their own interest they have to hire someone else.

I don't agree with it personally, I don't think society needs that layer of pressure among the masses - but it's the way of the world and it isn't changing soon.
>>
>>729751679
~shit like this is getting better over time in 5-10 years there wont be problems hiring people like this
>>
>>729756920
>Trust me, 'cause I said I'm smart

lol k
>>
>>729757032
It depends on what job your going for an always will.
>>
I wouldnt hire you
>>
>>729757032
People thought this in the 1960s.
>>
>>729757110
Actually he was stating the exact opposite. Someone claimed his IQ must be low because he held a certain opinion. He showed how stupid that argument is by claiming a high IQ and holding an opposing view. This holds whether his IQ is 140 or not.
>>
>>729756698
I'm sure your judgemental attitude got you far in this world.
>>
>>729757145
not always, people are more open about this stuff and will get better overtime, almost everyone has tattoos, piercings and/or dyed hair nowdays
>>
>>729752746
antifa rallys are pretty much autistic
yes
>>
>>729751679
because everyone that you meet in life that has functioning eyes is going to automatically form some kind of notions about you on first site- it's the basis for communication and it's just nature. your 'crazy hair' says 'i need attention'. i'm not trying to be preachy, just speaking a little Darwin to you.
>>
>>729757292
>almost everyone has tattoos, piercings and/or dyed hair nowdays

and are working dead end jobs. how do i know? well for one, they are working jobs that have 'overtime'.
>>
>>729757219
Essentially, both sides of this argument complement each others invalidity (and stupidity)
>>
>>729757438
thats why i said in 10 years
>>
>>729757292
>almost everyone has dyed hair/tattoos
No, no they still do not. Its becoming a little more popular but it's still not the norm.
>>
File: 1439325163133.jpg (27KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
1439325163133.jpg
27KB, 592x448px
>>729751679

If I were to be an extremely judgemental dick, i'd say that it's a big indicator that you whore for attention and make dumb decisions such as wasting your money to become a colorful little slut, and such as using 4chan.
>>
>>729755359
>I'm talking about exploiting your employees
What do you think a job is you stupid nigger. They are exploiting your ability to work. In return you are paid money. God, fuck off speshul millennials.
>>
>>729757524

yeah. the stoner kids from the 70's thought the same thing...
>>
>>729757531
almost every girl dyes their hair
>>
>>729756920

Sure thing, snowflake.

Have fun lying to a bunch of anonymous people on an image board, just know that's not going to get you anywhere in life, though.

Also, I know for a fact that you aren't as intelligent as I am. I can promise you that, friend.
>>
>>729751679
>I turn up to work now, with everything normal (-nailpolish because working around food)

Flips burgers at Burger King, lectures people about the quality of his work. I love you /b/ !
>>
>>729757654
And most to a normal color. Some do pink/blue/green etc. But they are the minority.
>>
File: 1490031748973.png (201KB, 1500x1153px)
1490031748973.png
201KB, 1500x1153px
>>729752479
>>
>>729756890

No, I actually wouldn't.

They wouldn't be in that room if they weren't qualified to do the job they're supposed to do.

Try harder.
>>
>>729757734
Or teenagers who dont matter
>>
File: cunt.png (368KB, 659x412px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
368KB, 659x412px
>>729754380
there is a natural red colour, but its more of an orange actually
op meant retard red
>>
>>729757292
Haha. Nope. Labor force had an increase in tattoo wearing rednecks.
To combat this the company handed out fire retardant clothing to cover their arms and told the workers it was for facilaty liability.
And the contract decreased the wage the following year. Poor guys
>>
>>729757770
>trying this hard not to be judgemental.
Wew
Not only are you stupid you're a dirty lying cunt
>>
>>729757686

Only people with IQs less than 50 assume things they couldn't possibly know anything about.

Kind of like someone assuming a potential employee wouldn't do their business good based on looks alone.
>>
>>729757438
I work a job that has "overtime" but it's skilled labor. And I had to train for 3 years to be certified for the job I have now. Being a master mechanic, with my Daimler and BMW mastercraft certifications took a long time. But it pays VERY well, and is very skilled labor.

This being said, the man that owns the shop I work in would NEVER hire someone who looks like spent the night sleeping in a porta-john. Because no one who can afford to our shop's labor rates would let them work on their car.
>>
>>729757870

Or maybe not all people are cunts such as yourself, kiddo.

I'd have a harder time trusting someone like you than I would someone with a tatt on their face. I don't trust judgmental people.
>>
>>729751679
lol that has nothing to do with it, I have several tattoos and green hair, took me 2-3 weeks to find a job
>>
>>729757966
>Only people with IQs less than 50 assume things they couldn't possibly know anything about.

that's an assumption.
does that mean you have an IQ less than 50?
>>
>>729757966

I didn't assume anything, OP said he was working around food.
As for the looks part, traditional looks basically mean that around the workplace you're willing to put your work first and your ego second, which experience has taught us is something people with tats, died hair, piercings or funky make-up, are incapable of doing.
It's just facts, deal with it.
>>
>>729751679
Presentation. It's a huge part of customer service.

You have to be likeable to the customer

Some people don't like weird hair styles/colours, tattoos, etc.

So, you're presentation is poor by that defintion, and people avoid hiring you.

Otoh Apple stores love people that die they're hair red seemingly
>>
>>729757966
>wouldn't do their business good based on looks alone.
>do their business good based on looks
> do business good

I think this sums up why you work fast food...

And as a correction, the phrase you were looking for was "Do their business WELL", unless of course you MEANT to say "Do good for their business"... In either case, you've proven you'll never go beyond "menial, expendable, employee"
>>
>>729758349
People use stereotypes because sometimes you have to make split decisions and you can't always account for everything. The world doesn't revolve around you, you special snowflake. Also I'd like to refer to the 48 rules of power:
>Law 38: Think as you like, but behave like others
>>
>>729758433

No, because what I said was fact, if you can't handle that, get out.
>>
>>729758349
>He thinks he can tell who's judgemental just from looks
>but at the same time refutes judging people based on looks is bad
Oh the iron knee
>>
>>729758656
>because what I said was fact
you are making an assumption again.

your IQ must be in the negative
>>
>>729756920
lmao, low iq confirmed. This just goes show that you didn't even read the source, as it clearly states that high IQ also tends to lead to prejudice but not for the same kind of thing.

Low IQ = prejudice for stuff people can't affect, like being born another skincolour, being gay, etc, etc.
High IQ = prejudice against certain groups of people where you choose to join or not yourself, like religion, the military, general conservative stuff.
>>
>>729758531

Except I don't work in fast food. Thanks for thinking about me enough to wonder what I do for a living, however.

Try harder, bucko.
>>
>>729758656
>what I said was fact
Citation needed.

And don't even try stupid article written by people who post more on tumblr than they do for a paying publication.
>>
>>729758789

I don't assume what I say is fact, I know it's just that.
>>
>>729758813
You know who also has low IQ? Niggers. Even when raised by white parents.
>>
>>729758656

You did assume I couldn't possibly know anything about the workplace, while I already have a 19 year career under my belt. Granted I've never flipped burgers though, but by your own logic and your own poor answers you've proven that your IQ is indeed below 50.
>>
File: Big Bang TOP.jpg (85KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Big Bang TOP.jpg
85KB, 1080x1080px
>>729751679
I miss TOP :(
>>
File: 1470127062909.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1470127062909.gif
358KB, 500x357px
>>729758935
Great counter argument!
Thanks for showing your true colours, you racist scum.
>>
>>729758814
>Except I don't work in fast food

In any case, you'll always be one dirty look from the boss away from the unemployment line. You're welcome in advance. My hard earned tax dollars are gonna be feeding your family while you look for your next dead end job.
>>
>>729751679
Reading this made me happy
Haha now you kill yourself and I'll cry for your name, in joy
>>
>>729758556

I only have one tattoo, which is easily hidden. Also, I work in the CCCs, a job that I'm sure does more for my state than what your job does for yours.

I don't have time to judge people based on looks. Not only is it shallow and stupid, it prevents someone from getting ahead in their personal lives.
>>
>>729758066
This makes you the exception that proves the rule anon.
>>
>>729758923

>I don't assume what I say is fact, I know it's just that.

oh okay. you win then baby girl.
>>
>>729754512
I worked in a deli at a grocery store and the day they hired me they made me get rid of my neon pink hair, yet months later they had a cashier with blue hair. I asked if I could dye my hair back to pink and they said the customers would complain. I asked why the other girl could have blue hair and they said 'well she's not working with food'. I still don't understand the logic there because it clearly isn't about chemicals from hair dye because others in the deli had dyed their hair natural colors and nobody said a thing. However a lot of costumers were very old, so they might complain, but why would they not complain about the blue?
>>
>>729759089
I'm a psych major lol. Look up the bell curves if you don't believe me, you reality-denialist
>>
>>729753784
>>729753839
THIS. You are witnessing societal evolution firsthand, kid.
>>
>>729759089
you silly faggot :D
>>
>>729758960
Do you enjoy being baited by obvious bait? Holy shit, how new are you?
>>
>>729758923

Just like the church KNEW the earth was flat and the center of the universe, perfect match.
>>
>>729759142
>Implying your shit doesn't smell

Everyone makes judgements based off looks, including you. Liar
>>
>>729759089
You do realise everyone here is racist right?
>>
File: 1465481427477.jpg (31KB, 600x682px)
1465481427477.jpg
31KB, 600x682px
>>729758923
>>
File: IMG_1321.jpg (529KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1321.jpg
529KB, 2000x2000px
Move to Portland you can have as many tattoos and piercings you want. And get hired any place you want.
>>
>>729758814

If what you do is that grand, why did you stop at saying you worked around food instead of saying what you actually do ?
>>
>>729759281
everyone everywhere is racist. a nigger started the race-war yesterday, didn't you see the fake news?
>>
Are you choosing shitty retail/public facing roles? Find a real job at an office or something and they won't give two shits as long as your dress is smart casual etc. More likely to get called up on your shoes than your tattoos.

I have both arms pretty covered and no one bats an eyelid.
>>
>>729759314

Thanks for all the (you)s, newfags.
>>
>>729759142
>doesn't have time to judge people.
>people are shallow and stupid.
>>
>>729759429

I'm not OP, dumdum.

Like I said before, only retards assume things.
>>
>>729751679
Professionalism.
For the most part. In the UK, places like fast food joints and tattoo parlours don't give much of a fuck, neither does anywhere run by "alternative" people.
Think about it. The place sells office equipment.
Would you want someone who looks like they know the difference between a printer and copier, or someone who looks like they know fuck all about anything other than who sang (badly) over "make it bun dem"?
>>
>>729759238

Are you so desperate of finding tangible arguments that you need to try and discourage people to reply to you like that ?
>>
>>729759454

go on.
>>
>>729756360
This is what the snowflakes don't get.
Life is a shitpit. It's not fair. They grew up watching too many fucking disney "Just beleeeeeeeeeeeves in urself!" movies and think that's how the world is.
>>
>>729759507

And yet you assume stuff about people dumdum.
>>
>>729759544
I'm not the dude you were responding to I'm just calling it how it is
>>
>>729759507
>retards assume things

yeah you got that right, retard.
>>
File: tumblr_o56sjzFNmR1sb75bgo1_1280.jpg (246KB, 672x690px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o56sjzFNmR1sb75bgo1_1280.jpg
246KB, 672x690px
>>729751679
Your appearance shouts "I made bad decisions!". Why would I pay attention to you at all?
>>
>>729759624

If you start calling out all the baits on /b/ you need to start worrying brother...
>>
File: 1491200394141.png (106KB, 600x600px)
1491200394141.png
106KB, 600x600px
>>729752479
>>
>>729759703

Are you assuming I'm retarded after what I've written? You didn't take anything away from that post. Typical retard.
>>
>>729759160
It had nothing to do with chemicals. I had to do with presentation. When you are handling someone's food, they expect you to look as if you care about your own appearance. Because if you can't care about how you look, how will they expect you to care about the food you're handling for them? It's perception, plain and simple. They automatically think that a girl ringing up groceries is either young, and not going to be there long, or has completely given up hope of going beyond a front end job. They don't care if her hair is blue, because she's not worth caring about. You, however, are in a job, where they trust you to handle machines that can do irreparable damage if you're not careful. They expect you to look the part.
>>
>>729759765

I'm actually new here so it's okay
>>
>>729759782

not an assumption. an observation.

you really are a retard
>>
File: 1492237246409.gif (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492237246409.gif
42KB, 500x500px
There is a professional standard to upkeep and appearances are everything, if you display traits typically associated with going against standards and norms then you most likely won't follow the standards and norms of the business. If you feel you have to rebel against everything society stands for then businesses, which have entire PR campaigns to convince people they align with a societal norm, then they won't hire you because you are a detriment to that image. It is irrelevant if you agree with this or not as there are enough potential employees that you either play by yheir rules or they'll find someone else that will. During your free time you can be whoever you want, but they only pay you for time you are who THEY want.
>>
>>729759864

newfag detected.
>>
>>729759407
Just what Portland needs. Yet ANOTHER incompetent starbucks barista.
>>
>>729759891

You clearly have no clue what the difference between an assumption vs an observation is.
>>
>>729759895

Couldn't have said it better.
>>
>>729759926

Yes, that's what I just said.

Pure retards ITT, I swear.
>>
>>729760073
>making another assumption

such a retard
>>
>>729751679
Because people who tattoo their faces clearly don't make good decisions, so why would you want an idiot working for you?
>>
>>729759827
That's a good explanation anon, thank you. I never thought of it that way.
>>
>>729760127

Says the guy that comes for the first time to a place and starts judging everyone, I rest my case.
>>
>>729760137

keep on trying, kiddo.
>>
>>729760292

Except I've been here since 08. It's just easy to convince newfags such as yourself otherwise.
>>
>>729760299
>>729760373

i can't wait for my (you)s
>>
>>729759968
I don't know why, but I laughed really hard at this.
>>
>>729753222
>studies business in collegr
>thinks he's better then liberal arts majors

You'll be working next to them for the rest of your life stupid.
>>
>>729760373

Yeah right, more like you were born in 08.
Try harder newfag.
>>
>>729756825

I would think because they realize what system they are trying to manipulate in their favor and conform to it.
It would require extra effort to try and "make money" while simultaneously attempting to change the system they are working within, in whatever direction, be it to become more liberal, or even more conservative for that matter.
>>
>>729760487

okay, bub. :)

you must be a real lucky guy to be able to post from your moms womb.
>>
Nobody here is even debating the original topic anymore, you're just calling each other retards and newfags. That's not how you win a debate. That's how you get cyclical arguments.

> inb4 Hue Hue retard
> inb4 newfag
> inb4 assuming
>>
>>729760621

lol, now you're just desperate.
>>
>>729760721

True.
Your point being ?
>>
>>729751679
Are you retarded? Businesses exist to generate profit. You make profit by having customers. Customers don't want to deal with some neon hair having retard.

This isn't rocket science you fucking faggot. Nobody owes you shit in this world. Never forget that you god damn nigger.
>>
>>729760732

not quite as desperate as your micropenis. Tell lefty to take it easy, okay?
>>
>>729760732

Trying to avoid the actual debate that hard, lol.
>>
>>729760824

And so where are all your mighty arguments about the actual topic of this thread ?
>>
Right out of high school, I got a job at a local tire/oil change shop. I was there about 3 months when a guy, a few years older than me comes walking in looking for an application.

Now, my boss at the time was a man in his late 50's, who grew up in South Boston. When I say he was Old School, I mean he was fucking OLD School. Always came to work with a shirt and tie, always wore his trademark Boston Spoon, cocked JUST slightly to the right, and has his big bushy walrus mustache trimmed right along his lip line. I really liked the guy a lot!

So anyway, this guy comes in, with his pants sagging, and a violently purple shirt, looking like he's trying to get a backup dancer spot in a lil wayne video, and says "Yeah, I wanna application"

My boss looks at him and say "No. Absolutely not. You come back tomorrow, with your pants pulled up, and your shirt tucked in, and maybe I'll let you apply for the job."

The guy asked him "What's wrong with my pants ole man?"

And my boss just fucking DEAD PANS... "You look like a fag hooker trawlin for cawk." in his thick ass Boston accent. I will never forget that moment in my life. The next day the guy came back, looked presentable, and got the job a week later. Of course he didn't KEEP it long, but that's just because he was a fucking IDIOT!
>>
>>729751679
How do you hide face tats?
>>
>>729760485
No I won't. Most of those snowflakes wouldn't last a week where I work.
>>
>>729751679
As an employer, we need you to look professional for the public. Personally, as long as you're not shooting heroin or meth, I couldn't give a shit what you do, or how you want to express yourself and individualize, providing that individualization dies not carry over to your work day.

If you have piercings, that's wonderful, if you can take them out, we appreciate it. If, however, you have gauged holes in your cheeks and ears, ten I'm sorry my friend, but some people, especially older, loyal customers find that shit scary and offensive.

In the mind of the general customer, who do they want to deal with, a smiling, clean cut, well dressed, professional looking person, or Storm from the fucking X-Men?
>>
>>729761134
Makeup
>>
>>729751679
what kind of facetattoo op? just curious
>>
>>729760721
This has always been /b/, just less concentrated.
>>
>>729761191
>smiling, clean cut, well dressed, professional looking person

Y'know, those kinda people always struck me as fake tryhards, so it's relative, really.
>>
>>729761222
A giant flaming penis pointed right at his mouth of course.
>>
>>729751679
Yes. Employers want someone that doesn't look like an Anarcho-Syndicalist and is ready to work.
>>
>>729761414
They may be tryhards, but at least they're EMPLOYED tryhards.
>>
>>729761191
Shit dude, a telepath bank teller would be the shit.
>>
>>729761491
Of course.
Nothing matters, except having the job.
Got that.
>>
>>729761567
Xavier was the telepathic one
>>
>>729751679
Lmao face tats go drink some bleach degenerate faggot
>>
File: 1462805541577.jpg (26KB, 389x597px) Image search: [Google]
1462805541577.jpg
26KB, 389x597px
>>729761082
>You look like a fag hooker trawlin for cawk.
I just laughed so fucking hard I gave myself a nose bleed! TOP FUCKING KEK!
>>
>>729757313
Kek
>>
>>729761644

If you intend to be a part of society, pay your bills and build a life, yes.
>>
>>729751679
As an employee you are the face of the company. The face of the company, unlike you, doesn't desire a tattoo and other cardinal signs of vanity and shortsightedness.
>>
>>729761645
Yeah, that's why I said telepath, not weather magnet.
>>
Because it works, it's simple. If you look like a twat 9/10 times your going to be a twat.
>>
>>729751679
Why would you think how someone chooses to look is not an indicator about their mental being?
>>
>>729761747
No, I understand.
I mean, fuck individuality, right?
>>
>>729753524
If your insides are so bare of personality and originality, then go ahead and keep coloring your outside. Us adults will be over here dressed proper because you don't need to look weird to have interesting personality.
>>
>>729761644
It is in this real world that we live in where our survival and self-sufficiency depends entirely upon generating income. Maybe if you dragged your worthless ass out of your parent's basement and into the light of the outside world you would realize that you worthless cunt.
>>
>>729761845

No, show your individuality during the time you're not paid to show professionalism.
>>
>>729761644
It only matters if want to keep enjoying the luxury items in your life. Ya know, like food, and shelter. But by all means, keep fighting for your individuality. I'll enjoy the spectacle from my living room, while I eat dinner, and laugh as you cry about being hungry because no one will hire your just because you have tattoos on your face. But yeah, you should be able to express yourself however you want. I agree.
>>
>>729761845
The problem with faggots like you is you think that other people are obligated to do things for you. They aren't. And if you want to be an "individual" then you need own up to the consequences of your actions.

It is like we are arguing with the living embodiment of snowflake entitlement.

You aren't being turned away for being what you were born as. You're being turned away because of your own retarded decisions.

TANSTAAFL.
>>
>>729761082
OP... Read this. It'll explain a lot to you.
>>
File: C60d3vF.gif (226KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
C60d3vF.gif
226KB, 320x240px
>>729760080
I've been a manager for the now defunct Movie Gallery series of stores, so I'm deeply familiar with what I explained. A good few tips for job seekers
A) Even if the job site is ok with it we appreciate you showing up as normal as possible, it shows you are willing to put effort towards thd job.

B) Don't act desperate for a job, we see desperate people as more likely to steal or divulge ckmpany secrets for cash.

C) Use a cover letter for your resume, it looks nicer and helps it stand out.

D) Try to respond and interact with the interviewer in an interesting way, with 100 or more applicants you're more likely to be remembered if you do so.

And to clarify in neither of my comments do I deride you for your choices, these are just the why in >>729759895

And the how to get one in this post.
>>
>>729762198
>You think that other people are obligated to do things for you
>Implying I ever said (or even implied) anything like that
>>
>>729751679
Because as an employee of the company you represent the company, and the company doesn't want to be represented by some blue haired cunt.
>>
>>729762435
>I mean, fuck individuality, right?
But you did. Keep trying faggot.
>>
If you're in any line of work where you're dealing with customers face to face, then there's no way in hell I'd hire someone with facial tattoos or piercings. Just makes you look like an idiot. Why waste money just to permanently deface your own body anyways? This isn't some cartoon where everyone is unique and special and needs to show it off to the world. You need to show that you're capable of doing your job and being professional, and a big part of being professional is looking the part. I know basically all of this has been said but whatever just had to say it.
>>
>>729762051
I don't know why, but I read this in Shooter McGavin's voice, from Happy Gilmore.
>>
>>729751679
Because it's unprofessional. and clients don't want to look at it. if there's old religious people they won't like it.
>>
Bottom line is, the vast majority of employers have prejudices, and the only choice is to let them indulge said prejudices.

Very progressive, I must say.
>>
>>729762566
How does that even translate into "think[ing] that other people are obligated to do things for you"?
>>
>>729753524

Seems like you hit a sore spot:

>>729753810
>>729753839
>>729754582
>>729761866
>>
>>729762707
Social evolution takes time. Even if that is difficult to accept.
>>
>>729761414
As one of those "fake" as soon as I come home the suit and tie come off and the jeans and t shirt come on and its an amazing balance, don't get mad at the world because you made some shitty decisions kid.
>>
Bottom line is : the customers money pays for the business running expenses INCLUDING your salary, so the customers' individuality comes before yours while you're on the job.
It's not so much prejudice on the employer's part as it is not wanting the business to go under because a twat thought his hairdo was more important than his job.
>>
>>729762866
>Implying you even have any idea who you're writing to.
>>
>>729762707
Just as progressive as forcing businesses to use "preferred" pronouns for your special snowflake ilk.
Just as progressive as advocating for violence when someone disagrees with your opinion.
Just as progressive as forcing society to kowtow to mental retardation in the name of individuality.

God help this world when a man, with a full beard, wearing doc marten's and a knee length sheath dress, feels he's being discriminated against because people won't hire him. Fuck... Now I'm questioning the wisdom of having kids with THAT generation coming before them...
>>
>>729762851
No it was just a very poor comparison.
>>
File: 1492207661093.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492207661093.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>729757966
>>
>>729762779
You're implying we're obligated to give a fuck about your individuality. If you don't like the way the world works, you can either sit in your moms house til she dies, THEN grow up, or you can grow up now, and fucking deal with it.
>>
>>729763094
Except it wasn't: that's exactly what could be gathered from the various posts.
>>
>>729763309
Thats exactly how this world workshop, you only expect an amswer "like in they movies" "be yourself, believe un tour own person" GROW UP, life is harder than that
>>
>>729763094
yeah i think he hit the nail on the head. Not saying conforming is weak or bad. It's just thats what people count as growing up later in life.
>>
>>729763309
I understand some people simply can't fathom protecting one's individuality, having themselves been taught to suppress it in the name of conformity.
>>
>>729763373
???? Please explain. Saying that someone should dress more professionally doesn't mean you're telling them to conform to the societal norm.

If you dye your hair it shows you're expressive. That implies you're probably opinionated. People with strong opinions tend to express them and that can cause conflicts at work and outside of work which can reflect badly on the business. Plus it also shows a certain lack of maturity.

Having facial tattoos makes you seem impulsive and implies that you don't plan for the long term effects of things. That can be interpreted as you being a risk as you might lash out at coworkers or employees, or make decisions that weren't yours to make because you don't think about the consequences. Impulsive usually means bad decisions. You don't want someone who makes bad decisions representing your business.
>>
>>729753524
How's the 8th grade going?
>>
>>729763703

I by conformity you mean respecting other people then yes.
As a kid I was taught that my individual freedom ended where the individual freedom of others begun, I find it to be a pretty sound rule.
>>
File: 1412609869180.jpg (37KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
1412609869180.jpg
37KB, 672x712px
I didn't realize this was a rage thread
>>
>>729763703
Hvae fun working dead end jobs til you're old enough to retire... Oh wait... You'll never be ABLE to retire. You're gonna be one of those 70yr olds ringing up my grand kids at walmart. Have fun with that.
>>
>>729763661
Because as you grow up, you realize that things are like they are for a reason. Even if it isn't always a good reason, you need to accept that it's why certain things work and if you do it differently it won't work as well.
>>
>>729764105

Now pic related IS a hell of an individuality !

Would you hire him ?
>>
>>729753745
Basically this. I know better. I want tattoos myself (though I'd never do my face) and have one of those goofy asymmetrical haircuts (albeit in a natural color), but even I see people who craft a look an awful lot like my own and immediately think "this hipster faggot is studying feminist dance therapy and has never worked a day in his life." That's how deep these stereotypes run, anons. I'm not far from looking just like you, and I'd still judge your personality and quality as a worker from your looks all damn day- now think about how the 30, 40, 50-something person interviewing you probably looks at you, being 10-30 years older and more conservative than us and potentially being old enough to genuinely believe that rock music and D&D are satanic influences, and on top of that they're being paid to be critical of you.
>>
I worked for a staffing company for 2 years. Mostly I hired and placed people in positions for "back of house" positions. This means no direct customer contact. You'd think I would hire people regardless of looks right? Wrong!

When I first started I was naive and did so but I realized pretty quickly that people who looked "different" tended to be flaky and flighty. Even in cases where they did their jobs fine they were often impulsive and would leave with no notice because they I had something new they wanted to pursue. Good on them but that left me screwed.

There was also the the "doesn't work well with others problem". I swear I had to deal with so many more personal issues between staff when they involved people who looked "different". A lot but not all seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. There was always issues of discrimination or unfairness. Not even over real issues mind. More like..

"I washed 15 cars today and Steve washed only 12, how is that fair?"

Nest day I'd get a call saying that my do employees only managed 24 cars in one day.

I don't like to discriminate but when you hire 10-25 people a week you start to see patterns and then you adopt those patterns as habbits because in the long run it save you time. Maybe I missed out on the worlds best car washer but it's worth saving myself the headaches.
>>
There was this vid with Ryan Reynolds where a google employee sporting a mohawk and an unnatural hair colour interviewed him. Shouldn't be hard to find, but point being that the mohawk chick works for fucking google! Explain that
>>
File: 1491195372114.jpg (56KB, 1050x595px) Image search: [Google]
1491195372114.jpg
56KB, 1050x595px
>>729751679
The world is trash, because it's infected with humanity
>>
What have we learned, kids?

The system's head is way too far up its ass, so don't even think about trying to pull it out.
Just go along with it.
>>
>>729764694
deep
>>
>>729751679
Because there are certain characteristics among crazy people. People who do radical shit are known by normies to more often whine and bitch about things etc.

Just like vegans, if you say ur vegan no one hire you coz they know ur that kind of person who will bitch and make drama to prove ur point.

Employers only want common simple slaves that follow order without question.
>>
>>729764791
>Employers only want common simple slaves that follow order without question.

This.
>>
>>729751679
>why don't employers want to hire marxists who hate them and want to seize the means of production

gee idk.
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.