[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who was a private investigator for 8 years anything.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 3

File: SeenSomeShit.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SeenSomeShit.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Ask a guy who was a private investigator for 8 years anything.
>>
Most horrible thing you ever seen?
Most horrible thing you ever did?
How did you became a private investigator?

Cheers :)
>>
What was the scariest case you were ever assigned?
>>
>>729480598
What did you investigate?
>>
What's the perfect way to get away with murder?
>>
>>729480700
>Most horrible thing you ever seen?
Nothing much more horrible than you can see on /b/, I've mostly seen weird/dumb/stupid shit

>Most horrible thing you ever did?
In what way? I have done some pretty weird stuff for someone who is just a "private"citizen going about their business.

But the most horrible was I had to call a bar to see if a target was still there (I had been following him and he had stopped in a bar for a few hours and not left). I called the bar and told them this person's kid had just died in a car accident just to get them to put him on the phone.

>How did you became a private investigator?
I did some courses at a community college, got the appropriate licensing, applied for jobs

>>729480702
>What was the scariest case you were ever assigned?
Not really anything where I felt I might die or be injured. Remember if you're a good private investigator targets don't know they're being followed EVEN if they suspect they are.

>>729480812
I mostly worked for insurance companies, personal injury claims mostly. Did some work for individuals, rich ones. like "watch my daughter for x weeks I think she's on drugs" and spouses who think their partner is cheating etc etc
>>
What evidence do you need to collect for the client to be satisfied you've done your job?
>>
>>729480940
First.

Cover every part of your body, I mean fucking everything. DNA comes off of your body anywhere. Dogs track people based on flakes of skin/dandruff etc wear gloves, DO NOT get blood on you or bleed yourself.

Second.

Pick your ideal weapon for the time and place you intend to kill someone.

E.g gunshots in suburban area = not a good idea.

Third.

Anything you use, from blunt force trauma to poison can be traced. Depending on what you pick buy your wares in another state if you can, always use cash, dress non-descriptively if there are CCTV cameras. Also your vehicle needs to be not-traceable. Remove the plates/steal plates. Use a white pick-up truck, something that is literally everywhere.

Four

Realize killing a human being is not as easy as the movies, and some people are trained to defend themselves. Know your target
>>
>>729480598
>at Taco Bell
Chicken? beef? Steak?
>>
>>729480598
Salary?
>>
>>729481236
Varies. Most people are very specific about what they want and through they want you to be.

For instance, if someone suspects their spouse is cheating, they will give you the details of the person they suspect it is with. A job will go one of two ways, the people you investigate will do exactly what they're suspected of doing, or will do something completely unexpected and not at all related to why someone hired me to watch them.

One time this lady got me to follow her husband because she thought he was secretly gay and going to gay bars/gay spas etc. This shit is cliche, its not too different from real life.

He was actually looking after a relative he hadn't told her about, there was the unusual credit card activity and the long hours spent away from home, but he was not into gay bars.
>>
>>729481355
Tough one, probably beef
>>
>>729481711
Thank you kind sir. This will go towards my research
>>
>>729481561
Depends who you're working for. Insurance companies put the best and most steady income.

Less than what you would expect, but most private investigators are not really poor.

Around 35 to 40k
>>
>>729480598
I would but there isn't one in this thread
>>
>>729480598
how do i get a girlfriend?
>>
>>729481639
Thanks, interesting.
>>
>>729481811
40k?
A year.is that all?
>>
>>729481884
Rude individual

>>729481895
Women are attracted to a man's attitude, first, before his physical aesthetics. I wouldn't call myself outrageously attractive but manage to get vagina without paying for it. Mostly because I talk and joke and make women feel at ease. Sex is about an emotion, or a connection with women. Good sex that is.

>>729481910
Anytime

>>729481965
Yes, when you think about it, you don't do a whole lot. A lot of it is static work, waiting/watching. You're not James bond jumping from roof to roof with night vision goggles. It's all about keeping your distance
>>
>>729480598
how would a newly licensed private i get on the list insurance companies use? to get jobs I mean
>>
>>729482301
With most industries its not what you know, its who you know.

I had a family member in the DA's office who recommended me for a case, that fell through and but it appeared on my resume when I got a job for an insurance company ;)
>>
Could you menage to do anything else while on a mission? Like freelance programming or smth
>>
>>729480598
Anything?

/thread
>>
>>729483438
Depends who you work for. Working for an insurance company is basically 9-5. People who try to commit insurance fraud or put fourth false claims are a majority of the time normal functioning people who just don't want to work full time
>>
>>729480598
Bumping
>>
What made you stop?
>>
>>729484083
Its mentally consuming, and often boring work.

I spent a lot of my time in traffic, and not in traffic just thinking about getting home, in traffic thinking about my distance, and if I am familiar enough with the area to know if they make a sudden turn or whatever that I know the area enough to make the turn after that i won't lose them.

You also have to follow the law. I was pulled over a handful of times while tailing someone. and cops have heard "I am a PI tailing someone please let me go" before. That is the worst thing to tell them.
>>
>>729484584
>>729484083
Yeah that's understandable... looks cool on tv but I imagine the reality is very different
>>
>>729480598
Bumping
>>
>>729480598
worst case you ever had
>>
>>729480598
Did you ever consider doing something morbidly ill eagle when chasing a suspect?
>>
>>729487255
>>729480598
Let's hope OP comes back.
In that case, I ask what is the best, most rewarding case you've worked on, OP?
>>
>>729487783
"ill eagle"?
OK.
>>
>>729480598
Bumping up
>>
>>729488560
>>
>>729480598
FOR HOW MUCH WOULD U BE DOWN TO INVESTIGATE MY ASSHOLE
>>
>>729487255
Nothing horrific like child rape or anything. But I'll give you the dumbest:-

So I was doing a personal injury claim for an insurance company. This woman, she was in her late 30's claimed that after the car crash she had by the insurance company's client she "couldn't enjoy sex anymore".

Pretty weird claim, and not something you can openly disprove in court. So anyway we follow this lady, for about 3 weeks. Nothing particularly unusual, but no evidence to the claim.

Anyway, we are following her THE DAY BEFORE this goes to trial, I am not making this up. We follow her to a beach, not that unusual for her, however the beach she goes to this time around is a known Nudist spot. She parks. We park. We have eyes on her at the beach, recording her at the beach she's nude, great rarely get to see this in this kind of work.

Anyway, we film her having sex with someone in public, the day before the trial. And as I said to the guy at the insurance company "if she's not enjoying that sex, you can color me pink and spank me on the ass."
>>
>>729487783
Considered and done. But what qualifies as morbidly illegal? Ran plenty of red lights, cut people off, u-turns where i shouldn't have. I once drove into on coming traffic to follow someone around a corner and into a minimall. thats about it

Shit that's endangered my life and other driver's but not really anything super crazy.
>>
>>729491542
Hahahahaha good you caught her
What was the most challanging case?
>>
>>729480598
ever get caught by a mark
>>
>>729480598
Can you track people across countries
>>
>>729487805
Rewarding?

Difficult to answer. I investigated a handful of returned veterans who had claims of PTSD and couldn't work physical injuries etc.

I felt like an asshole doing it, but when it came to light they literally did not go outside for anything other than to go to the store, or pick their kid up from school, it was rewarding handing in the report like "ha, their claims are genuine, now pay up."

Also kinda rewarding, but shitty. When i took jobs from individuals and a spouse was cheating, and I have to say the number of guys that cheat vs the number of women is way disproportionate, women seem to be the cheaters in my experience, the men not so much. I mean strip clubs, but they never went home with anyone.
>>
>>729492066
>>729492030
>>729480598
Bumping for some answers
>>
>>729491198
Shitty job, five times my normal rate.

>>729492010
It only becomes challenging when you can't find anything, or the person really does nothing out of the ordinary and your employer pushes you to find something. We cannot find circumstances which simply do not exist.
>>
>>729480598
have you ever come across some dame that has legs that wont quit?
>>
>>729492607
>>729492679
Bumping for this and >>729492010
pls
>>
>>729492030
Very close a couple of times. One time I was certain, but they walked right by me.

Do people want tips on how to lose/figure out if you've got a tail? I am happy to give counter-surveillance advice.
>>
>>729492908
Yes please good sir!
>>
>>729492066
If you're the CIA or interpol yes. But its incredibly difficult even for those guys, especially when you're talking US/Canada to Europe (not the UK, and not Spain)

I was working when Snowden made his get away, I had money on either Iran or Russia. France was a possibility or Argentina
>>
>>729492908
also, what are good ways to stop dogs from following your scent? I've heard mixed things about spraying deoderant, throwing aniseed balls around, but what's good?
>>
File: archer pi.jpg (77KB, 270x398px) Image search: [Google]
archer pi.jpg
77KB, 270x398px
>>729492908
>PLEASE DEAR BABY JESUS
they teach you this in private spy school?
>>
>>729492771
Yes, and why did she have to walk into my office?

Every private eye trope you can find I've been asked
>>
what do you know about my web history?
>>
>>729493294
how/where did you learn the skills you used as a P.I.?
>>
>>729480598
ever catch backlash/get extorted from a mark who was caught
>>
>>729493110
>>729493253
>>729493276
General-

In a car, look for the same car that is just in your rear view mirror. Not fully but just enough that you can make out the front hood and half of the front windshield. Don't be surprised if the same make and color will have two headlights, then next minute have one (if it's night time). The general rule is keep 2-3 car lengths from the target.

The best way to see if you have a tail whilst driving is to throw them off. If you're on a route you drive frequently, make a sudden/unexpected turn and see if the car follows you.

If you want to be super paranoid, change your routines. Don't take the same route to and from work every day, change your route. Stop at a gas station, don't get gas, just wait there for 15 minutes and then leave, if the same/similar car is following you, you have a tail
>>
>>729493573
how about on foot, in the street, etc?
>>
>>729480598
Weirdest job you've taken up?
>>
File: edc.png (338KB, 609x942px) Image search: [Google]
edc.png
338KB, 609x942px
>>729480598
what's your edc? anything special?
>>
>>729493110
>>729493253
>>729493276
General cont'd
On foot

Incredibly situational. Following a person on their own in a space that isn't crowded or at least has a reasonable amount of people you can hide among is basically impossible.

Following someone who is walking their dog is pretty much hardcore mode. You're better off just driving and circling a few blocks and waiting for them at the opposite end of streets. Curiously people walking will rarely note a car that is passing them in the opposite direction, but a car going to same direction as them they will spot.

My only advice of counter-surveillance when walking is be observant of car makes/models and number plates that pass you. On foot, in a crowded place with no cars. Don't kept checking behind yourself constant, the tail will figure you out quickly and disappear. Try to disappear into side streets, nooks or crannies of buildings and wait for a couple of people to pass, and keep walking but proceed immediately to somewhere you can be on your own and leave.
>>
>>729493253
As I've said here >>729481302 dogs track you by the way of things you can't control like skin flakes and hairs that naturally drop off (they can track a person whose been in a car from this)

I didn't work with dogs, so I am going off anecdotes.

If you can prepare? Tight clothing, that is really smelly. Something to cover your natural scent, but that is environmental and throw the dog off. The dog should only be able to track an article of clothing with that same scent, not your natural scent.

Otherwise, dogs noses are great, but their eyes aren't as keen. I have seen my dog waltz straight past a cat hidden in bushes many times. mud or hiding in cold water can help, but they could simply just track your natural scent to the position where you jump in water etc.
>>
Sorry >>729493774 I was already writing >>729494106 when you posted.
>>
>>729493807
I really wanna hear this one.
>>729480598?
>>729480598??
>>
>>729480598

What is the extent of investigation you can perform without breaking any laws?

What's your average job/assignment like?
>>
>>729493346
I'd have to ask the NSA and they would not give it up.

>>729493807
This claim was pretty strange >>729491542 and had a humorous ending.

Other than that, I mostly did insurance claims where people would say they were too injured to work and I would photograph or film them mowing their front lawn with ease.

I used to get a lot of emails/phone calls from trolls and legitimately mentally ill people asking me to find out if Obama was a lizard person, or if the FBI/CIA/NSA/DEA was following them. Now even if I took a job like that up, do people really think it would be in favor of me telling a suspect of one of those federal departments that they were being vanned by the spooks?
>>
>>729480598
Did you also start sucking dick?
>>
>>729480598
How do u start this career? Do you reccomend it? I have a degree in CRJ and thought of giving it a try
>>
>>729496001
Bumping
>>
bump for cool thread
>>
>>729498192
Thanks, was just about to post a reply to >>729496001
>>
>>729496001
You can check out the following liknk for starters if you're really interested.
https://www.pinow.com/resources/how-to-become-a-private-investigator
>>
>>729496001
Bump
>>
>>729484584
What do you tell the cops then?

How does on escape the police?
>>
>>729496001
>>729498436
-link*

>>729498859
Will OP return once again to answer?
>>729480598
>>
>>729499482
Bump
>>
I'm interested in it, is it worth doing?
>>
>>729500483
Are you interested in getting to know people?
(Not OP)
>>
>>729481019

You actually spoke to the target? or just hanged up?
>>
>>729500396
>>
bump cuz i want op to cum on my back
>>
>>729502063
>>
>>729503890
>>
>>729480598
have you ever sucked someones dick to get informations?
>>
>>729480598

What are the best resources or search engines when looking for people these days?
>>
How did you become a private investigator? I know it sounds stupid, but do you need an education?
>>
>>729505184
Ahem...
>>729498436
>>
>>729504353
>>
>>729504514
BeenVerified, Google and Facebook sleuthing
>>
How is this related to pizzagate
https://vimeo.com/210862415
>>
>>729493136
If someone moved country and kept themselves off internet/social media but know their name...could tbey easily find them given government details on records etc in new country

It seems like that shit would be sold somewhere to PIs or cops or something
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.