[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fucking depressed for being a weed addict. I quit several

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0229.jpg (41KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
41KB, 360x240px
I'm fucking depressed for being a weed addict. I quit several times a week and always relapse. Well this time I quit about halftime of the Spurs Memphis game and now experiencing urges. I have a half smoked blunt twenty feet away in my kitchen. WTF should I do?
>>
>>729318615
Just fucking smoke the blunt.
You're not a weed addict.
Learn self-control.
>>
>depressed for being a weed addict

what properties do you consider a weed addict to have, and why are they depressing?
>>
Have you ever sucked dick for weed?
>>
>>729318615
Become a addicted to a real drug.
>>
>>729319110
This is the only question that matters.
>>
>>729318761
this
weed isnt physically addictive
>>
File: 58c8.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
58c8.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>weed addict
lol, anon, if your acting pretty loser like lately don't blame it on the fucking weed. you would more than likely be doing fuck all on or off the pot. pot or no pot just get your shit together. bust out a notebook write how your ideal life would be and figure that shit out.
>>
>>729319207
Psycohological addiction is much harder to break than physical addiction. That's why relapse rates are so high, despite the fact that most people relapse long after they have broken the physical addiction.
>>
>>729318615
you're not addicted anon
you just really fucking love weed.
>>
>>729318615
Weed addict?

So what is the problem?
>>
>>729318615
You ever sucked dick for weed? If no, you're no addict.
>>
>>729318615
Killl self
>>
>>729318615
Why stop
>>
>>729320972
why exactly is this the criteria?
person A: not much money, has to suck dick to buy drug of choice
person B: has enough money to afford drug of choice, but is just as dependent on it as person A
>>
>>729321172
tell a drunk you lost 10 bucks, they will feel bad for you. tell an addict you lost ten bucks and they will help you look
>>
>>729319110
Half baked love it
>>
>>729319539
Yes, but physical addiction kills.... went cold turkey on alcohol 2 months ago and still fell my organs screaming at me from abuse and still having neurological issues.

OP, it's just weed, your not an addict to weed, you are an addict for a high. Find somthing to do jackass.
>>
>>729322493
different drugs affect different people differently
imagine that
unless i make a serious effort to stop, i'll buy an oz of weed every couple weeks and do nothing but smoke every evening
alcohol helps me come off of weed binges, because i don't get addicted to it nearly as easily, and i can get a buzz knowing i won't be compelled to do nothing but drink
>>
>>729319539
tell that to a heroin addict
>>
Weed addiction is real you faggots, complete with withdrawals and everything. About 10% of smokers are susceptible. I used self hypnosis to convince myself it was time to quit and white knuckled the weeklong withdrawal. Felt like shit, like the flu but worse. It takes like a year to fully recover but it's worth it. Check out marijuana anonymous and self hypnosis. Good luck brother.
>>
File: IMG_5408.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5408.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>729318615
You quit, but you have half a blunt a few feet away?!
Christ, anon. That ain't quitting. Wait until you run out, THEN quit. And make sure to have some supports in place when you do.
Actually, when quitting weed, it's best to taper off. Have planned "skip days", where you won't smoke every Sunday and Wednesday. After a few weeks, skip every Sun, Wed, and Thursday. Then stick to that for a couple of weeks. Go slowly, slowly. You'll fail every time with cold turkey.
>>
>>729324020
yes, psychological addiction is very real, with withdrawal and everything
>>
>>729324149
And on days you do smoke, keep it to three times that day. After a few weeks, only get high twice on the days you smoke. Etc, etc.
Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>729318615

I went to a few narcotic anonymous meetings and it helped me put things in perspective. Mind you the reason I stopped smoking so much was because I became a non stop pot head and my wife left me so that made me quit for good.

I haven't smoked habitually in 2 years. Last time I smoked was 5 months ago, it made me sleepy, groggy and it made me think of the past and how much I hated myself on pot.

Marijuana addiction is real, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>729318615
Nice bait OP can't believe people are this stupid
>>
Mind over matter anon. Excercise self control.
>>
>>729318615
Opiates my friend. Opiates. They'll cure you.
>>
>>729324772
this, if opiates aren't a smart idea then how come so many old smart people did em?
>>
>>729323192
Holy shit, never even seen/heard someone use the phrase weed binge before. You're a hilarious pussy, guy
>>
>>729326186
surely if you smoked enough weed for it to be a 'binge' you've just passed out on a couch
>>
>>729326285
It's a waste of weed to smoke when tired, and if you're just passing out when you were wide awake before you gotta be an old fart
>>
>>729324457
Alcohol is way, way more addictive..
>>
>>729326285
what is tolerance?
if you don't consider smoking huge bong bowls one after the other from the second you get home from work until you go to bed for months on end a binge, what do you consider a binge?
>>
Op is retarded. Smoke weed all day every day. Being sober sucks
>>
>>729326688
I'll be honest I'm not that experienced with weed, but a binge would need to be more and more as you got more tolerant I'd say. But if you really are just smoking constantly I guess I can't argue with that, sounds expensive as fuck though
>>
>>729326688
I'm assuming you know what a t break is then, you dubs getting fag
>>
File: 99274za.png (43KB, 630x280px) Image search: [Google]
99274za.png
43KB, 630x280px
Do you want my input?

If so, then listen up.

Tell yourself your not going to quit. Instead, tell yourself you want to reduce smoking.

Because no one can ever really just quit anything out of the blue, you slowly stop smoking.

Don't see it as an addiction, see it as a habit that you'd like to get rid of.

You will have nightmares at first, while you are quitting you must engage in activities that release dopamine. I highly recommend exercising or exploring more music, even try reading.

Consider how much money you will save.

Also, keep in mind, potheads make shitty friends. If all your friends smoke, you must distance yourself from then.

Trust me anon, I have faith in you so have faith in me.

I quit after 5 years of smoking, I was smoking heavy topshelf and dabbing nonstop. Within a year of quitting, I saved up for my first car. I gained muscle and finally got my first girlfriend and lost my virginity and I came back to school. I'm 24 now, I feel like I wasted so much time, some people never learn, don't let that be you.
>>
>>729318615
Why does it matter if you smoke weed? I'm on probation for another 2 months to a year and a half. Imagine how I feel after smoking weed everyday from 16-18
>>
>>729326978
i'm in colorado so weed is pretty cheap
i also make six figures so the cost is the least of my worries
it mainly just fucks up my life
>>729327025
i sure do
i just struggle to actually take one due to addiction
that's why i use alcohol as a substitute whenever i'm not smoking weed
>>
>>729323192
>thinks he smokes to much
>isn't high 24/7
>>
>>729318615
A ton of people are addicted to weed. Its a mental addiction though.

It just means ypu have no self control amd probably a weird personality. You can never try anyother drug because youll judt get hooked on it and ruin your life/and tge drug for the rest of us.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>729327334
Run out of weed, don't buy any more for like a week. It isn't fucking rocket science, and you won't even have to deal with physical withdrawal symptoms. It's not even that hard without those. Jfc, you call yourself an adult?
>>
>>729327740
that's what i'm doing right now
about 5 days into it
not really, i'm more of a manchild
that's why i'm 31 and still on /b/
>>
>>729326616

Of course it is, so is crack or herion. It doesn't make it less harder to stop doing something as a crutch habitually.
>>
File: 1482280904715.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1482280904715.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>weed addict
>weed
>addict
>>
>>729318615
If you really want to quit, then make that decision to quit and throw the half blunt away, never look back. Or, keep smoking weed, there is no inbetween like you're doing now, either do it or don't, if you want to smoke that blunt there is no problem with that.
>>
>>729318615
The addiction is not as strong as cigarets. Just remember that.
>>
File: 1345037129645.gif (1MB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1345037129645.gif
1MB, 300x162px
>>729318615

Have you tried using something else to ween yourself off of it?

>you should try cocaine
>>
As somebody who smoked A LOT daily for 2 years (I live in a legal state where I can grow my own), I can tell you that the only way I can stop myself from smoking weed is not having weed around. Give it away. Toss it in the garbage. Whatever you've gotta do.

I still had a half pound when I realized I had a problem. It's not really an addiction, but it's seriously habit forming if you smoke every day. I ended up smoking the half pound as fast as possible to be done with it. Took me a month or so, I think.

All that said, pot is fucking amazing.
>>
>>729318615
>weed
>addict
underage b& detected MODS

But of course an honest reply to your obvious bait post;
You are not addicted to cannabis and those are not withdrawal symptoms you are experiencing.
You see, the human body require the ganja.
Like a supplement. It is vitamins. Just try to stick to other routes of ingestion besides smoking. Also, try to get outdoor grown and more natural strains. If you gonna use extracts or crazy hybrid strains try reducing the quantity you consume and I mean show real restraint. If you get what you might call "shwag" You can be smoking any quantity all day no problem.
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (22KB, 261x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
22KB, 261x186px
>>
>>729327334

>that's why i use alcohol as a substitute whenever i'm not smoking weed

Yo, so you know exactly what to do then; you need to find something to replace smoking weed.

For me it was getting a job where I can't be high (construction) with long hours, exercising afterwards at night. Basically cut contact with my stoner friends and hung out with others, which really helped. Weekends rock climbing, hiking, parties, bars, etc. to keep in touch with people.

I was under the impression at one point that weed made everything better, but I realized it was the opposite. After a couple weeks not smoking you'll feel amazing.
>>
>>729328234
>less harder
I think your mental capacity might be causing part of your problem there. Maybe willpower comes with intelligence? Not thinking you're about to die if you don't get one more hit makes that shit an absolute cakewalk.
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (121KB, 689x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
121KB, 689x620px
>>729327923
are you op?
Im going to be 31 next month and am basically a daily smoker
just evenings after work
my only problem with it is I end up losing track of time fucking around and things dont seem as fun sometimes while not high
but overall i still feel like weed is the best thing to abuse
what are the main issues you have with habitual smoking?
>>
>>729330466
not op, but it sounds like we're in similar situations
i've basically cut all contact with society in order to smoke weed and fuck around on the computer
i've wasted many thousands of hours on /b/, video games, youtube, etc
i'm not getting any younger
most of my old friends are married now, and i'm a wizard, since i just get high and waste my time instead of socializing
>>
Those who are saying weed is just a psychological addiction, do you mean that it's just like getting addicted to the TV, video games or the internet?
>>
>>729330017
i hope so
i've stopped many times for several months, and always came back to daily smoking after a while
>>
>>729331128
we mean there is no physically addictive substance in weed.
That doesn't make it the same though, psychological addictions can have real withdrawal symptoms and can go beyond simple compulsion to do something
>>
>>729331070
my latest approach has been to be productive with herb and make it a positive thing and not just numbing time waster
also trying to learn guitar
idk but seems like constantly toking is a mask for escaping inner problems that need to be worked through
i started smoking heavily after a breakup and losing my job about a year ago
>>
>>729318615
If I have a kid and he said that shit I would hurt him and kick him out of the house. You're a stain.
>>
>>729331967
Feels. I smoke a lot and do other shit because I pretty much fucked up my future (not legally) physically and mentally so I just waste my time in nature, tv, and games. Would travel, but I'm really poor
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.