[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens after you die ?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 22

File: Void2.jpg (293KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Void2.jpg
293KB, 1600x1000px
What happens after you die ?
>>
>>728894865

People continue to live their lives without you.
>>
>>728894865
You are dead.
>>
A creepy guy fuck your corpse.
>>
>>728894865
Nothing. You don't exist. It goes back to what it was like before you were born. There is no consciousness.
>>
>>728895120
This.
This is the one thing I truly fear.
>>
File: atom.gif (4KB, 143x150px) Image search: [Google]
atom.gif
4KB, 143x150px
>>728894865
Absolutely nothing, anon

Your neuronic activity in your brain will ceace to function and communicate, and you, as a person, your indentity, your personality will fade away to nothingness. Look at it like formatting a HDD and rewriting the HDD disks with empty data so theres nothing there that can be indentified with that was.

You will eventually end up with grey matter in your skull, and your leftover body will decompose to become a part of nature once again.

Its that simple. Anyone who says there is life after death is afraid of death itself, and afraid that this is it. Some people cant handle it, Anon.
>>
lets find yout- kill yourself and then tell us about it faggot
>>
>>728894865
you rot in the ground and everything that you were gets allocated among the stones and trees and bugs who consume your remains
>>
>>728894865
Shit gets real.
>>
>>728894865
Energy cannot be destroyed. So I assume I'll at least be a fart when I die.
>>
But what do you feel when you are dead?
>>
>>728895824
morgue workers fucking your ass.
>>
>>728895215
get used to it then dude. because thats what fucking happens

>why fear the inevitable
>>
>>728895824
Nothing. You don't even know it. It's like... what do you feel before you're conceived. Same concept.
>>
>>728895254
hur hur
>>
>>728895051
funeral staff stealing your gold teeth
>>
>>728895824
happyness i guess. Its like going to sleep after a long day
>>
>>728895120
/thread
>>
>>728895875
As a morgue worker, I avoid the ass.

Stick to vagina
>>
>>728896061
there are no vaginas on /b/
>>
>>728895248
I doubt it. The universe wastes nothing. Why would it not retain a copy of your personality?
>>
>>728895215
Why? You didn't have an issue with it before being born and you never had an isse with it having happened to you before so why have an issue with it knowing you'll go back to that someday?
When it happens i can guarantee you won't care as well because you won't exist to care.
So why fear it like a child fears the dark?
>>
>>728894865
Music is energy brother and energy never dies.
>>
>>728894865
You probably go to hell for laughing at too many rekt threads and being a desensitized narcissistic piece of Shit.
>>
Life is a dream, death is waking up.
>>
You go into an extremely deep dream state and dream for eternity
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 323x156px
>>728894865
You become one of the meatball to the great flying spagetti monster
>>
>>728894865
What happens to a calculator when you turn it off?

>>728895215
Nothing in life is to be feared, only understood.
>>
>>728896138

Underrated post.
>>
>>728895215
Why would you care now about how you think you'd feel after death... you would be dead. I would worry about the process of dying. Instant, sounds good. Ending up like a Mexican cartel victim and being horribly tortured alive? I'd rather not.
>>
>>728894865
you go to heavan but its like Bradford
>>
>>728895824
You see out of your eyes, right?

Try to see out of your arm. It's so impossible as to be a non-sequitur.

"Feeling" while you're nonexistent is just as impossible.
>>
File: 1490975153347.jpg (75KB, 499x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490975153347.jpg
75KB, 499x666px
If you cling to life you will continue to be trapped in the cycle of death and rebirth to continue to learn. If you let go completely you move up to the next dimension for a whole new existence and lessons to be learned
>>
File: 32 (2).jpg (363KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
32 (2).jpg
363KB, 1920x1200px
>>728896138
because it doesn't give a shit about you.

nature is neither cruel or kind. It is merely indifferent.
>>
>>728896424
"being dead don't hurt, no, only dying."
>>
>>728894865
What are you? What exactly dies?
>>
>>728896188
Guarantee you plenty of songs and tunes have been forgotten since we've been singing as its so infeasible for it not to have happened as to be impossible.
>>
Hopefully you go to hell for all those people you cut off by not checking your mirrors or blind spot all those times you drove like a thoughtless, shitty, fuck in your shitty euro car!
>>
>>728896632
this guy gets it.
>>
The Bible says that we enter into a sleep war awaken the resurrection.
>>
>>728896632
How about you fucking learn to drive and not fucking cruise in whats obviously a blindspot you shitty defensive driver?
>>
>>728896138
Probably for the same reason it didn't retain a copy of the library at Alexandria when it burned.

Matter and energy never go away, but they change all the time.

Your consciousness is an emergent property of a very specific combination of matter and energy, one that will go away eventually and never come back.
>>
>>728896765
>sleep war
sounds interesting
>>
You go to hell and burn for eternity for all the negligent texting and driving you did where other drivers flipped you off and told you to get off your phone while your driving , but instead of learning your lesson you instead got mad and told them its their fault you cut the guy on the motorcycle off.
>>
>>728896827
Not really.
God just tells you he made you and your only worth is what he applies to you so go kill some demons and heathen and be useful.
Debate actually still rages in the vatican on what happens if you die during this period.
>>
>>728896794
You tell that to all the people who flipped you off when your flesh is burning off for all of eternity!
Also i dont chill in peoples blind spots despite you trying to say that i do that kind of faggotry.
>>
>>728896881
A. Don't drive a motorcyle. Thats basically willful endangerment.
B. Don't drive a motorcycle. Its too small to effectively see unlike cars and willingly driving one puts you in danger.
C. Just because you can't multitask doesn't mean I can't.
>>
>>728897015
>God just tells you
I stopped reading right there.

I hate to break it to you, there is no god. and if there is, we got a second rate one at best. What kind of decent god gives kids cancer?
>>
File: nothing means anything anymore.jpg (100KB, 840x970px) Image search: [Google]
nothing means anything anymore.jpg
100KB, 840x970px
>>728896476
Such wishful thinking. Even in the worst case scenario this idea says you live forever. Very human to want to live forever, but the whole dharma is based on indemonstrable ideas.

If you have to pick a religion's afterlife to espouse, I think the old Jewish notion of Sheol is the best. A thoughtless nowhere that is both peaceful and dark.

It's as close as any religion has gotten to accurately describing inexistence, though it still makes the mistake of having and description at all.
>>
>>728897048
>flipping people off
You didn't treat your roadmate like the neighbor he is, man! You're gonna be going to hell too and i'll be flicking you off with BOTH my middle fingers.
Thats right, i'm that double pitchfork guy from that comic but for middle fingers.
>>
I had a heart attack when I was 23 (lol), (smoking, drinking), and that whole life flashing before your eyes thing wasn't like I expected it would be.

It was more like the dimension time stopped being there. Suddenly you see your whole life in one instance, and that moment seemed to take forever.

So what I think will happen after death is you will remain somehow connected with the world's timeline, seeing unlimited back in time and unlimited forward in the future. Time doesn't exist anymore.

Then my heart started working again (as I was still young), and I blacked out, woke up the next day on the floor.

I am 31 now, but that fucking moment still terrifies me at night. And I'm not gonna see a doctor, fuck the medical industry. I will die one day anyway. I quit smoking though.
>>
>>728894865
the same as before you were born
>>
File: IMG_20170412_212630.jpg (151KB, 672x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_212630.jpg
151KB, 672x960px
If your anything like me you'll go to heaven and be forever in peace.

Pic related its me
>>
>>728894865
Your ego and personality continue to live on in the astral plain. The personality eventually fades into nothing. Your soul goes back to its being, you learn about your failures in life, and if you didn't fuck up to bad then you reincarnate into another fetus. You are then born into the world again and within the first couple of years of life your ego finds you and attaches to your psyche again. Then you live the same life and make the same mistakes as you did before. Unless you begin to awaken your consciousness.
>>
>>728897225
I don't actually believe in it i just know the subject and i think its funny that the vatican is actually fussy over "double dying".
>what kind of god
Apparently the kind that basically lets shit fly on autopilot the second he makes the universe and for some reason refuses to do shit, except for those few random times but they don't count apparently.
>>
>>728897313
No. Its too late for you faggot. You already admitted that you dont check your blind spots when you merge when You said that its the people in your blind spots fault. also you fell for the "shitty euro car" bait letting everyone know that you drive a shitty euro car and thats what triggered you to respond in the first place. Take responsibilty for your fucking asshole ways your dirty fucker!
>>
>>728897278
>sheol
Until some asshat cabal makes you into a golem or some shit then your souls basically raped for eternity.
>>
>>728897569
>except for those few random times but they don't count apparently.
what to appears on someone's toast?
>>
>>728896138
Is there a copy of what you were like when you were 5? You've already changed since then. Death is a much bigger change.

>>728896325
When you turn off a calculator it doesn't really change, it's more like going to sleep. The structure of the calculator and the memory are still basically intact, minus the RAM which gets cleared (short term memory). Death is more like what happens to a calculator when you run it through the microwave for a minute, or take out the battery and run it through a strong magnetic field.

Also if you aren't at least a little afraid of death, in the sense that you actively avoid it, you aren't really living.
>>
>>728897202
You sound like the worlds dumbest piece of shit right now you fucking SUV driving fuck. I hope you get a brain tumor.
>>
>>728897592
>he doesn't know euro's are less degrees away from the holy land
>he doesn't want better gas mileage to save gods planet
You're going to double hell, kiddo.
>>
File: 1453377539766.jpg (216KB, 680x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453377539766.jpg
216KB, 680x576px
>>728897671
Well I guess I should've specified that you turn the calculator off and then don't turn it back on for the rest of eternity. Just trying to imply that the calculator isn't still crunching numbers in an ethereal plane.

And I agree that you have to be afraid of death to live. All the things that didn't want to live are dead.
>>
>>728897202
>I can drive just fine while on my phone.
>Motorcycles are too small to see while driving.

Pick one, faggot.
Motorcycles are for gigafaggots though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>728894865
It will change your sons life and he will reply to every post...
>>
>>728897656
Pillars of fire, the flood, jesus, vague miracles, holy messengers, testers, plagues, etc.
For someone espoused to inaction he does a lot of shit.
>>
We create a new existence based on are worldly deeds. Or how our conscience perceived our good or bad deeds.
>>
>>728897628
The number of people that are dead greatly surpasses the number of people that can make a golem, and also grows continually Your odds are pretty good of not getting golemed, I'd say. Unless AIs and computers are secretly golems, then we're all fucked.
>>
>>728897801
Haha, now I'm having a fantasy of Timothy Leary getting to use your calculator but only when you turn it off. Might use that in D&D.
>>
>>728897989
Depends. It could be a random one. Also theres other rituals hinted to basically use souls like fuel.
Its like being in a locked down football field and a bored terroristic sniper is just popping shots from the catwalk at random intervals and for random periods of time. Out of the thousand people there your chances are low but you're still on a shitlist.
>>
>>728894865
Your brain freezes time forever, making it seem infinite to you.

Your brain, being a quantum transceiver, joins all other brains of deceased people to create a quantum mesh network of shared afterlife consciousness.

That's my take anyway, prolly did too many shrooms.
>>
File: joker nazi.jpg (190KB, 350x337px) Image search: [Google]
joker nazi.jpg
190KB, 350x337px
>>728897937
>Pillars of fire, the flood, jesus, vague miracles, holy messengers, testers, plagues, etc.
I'll take " shit that never happened." for $200 Alex.
>>
>>728898172
WAY too many.
Whatever energy, choose your format, the brain is giving off and/or contains isn't self-sustaining nor large by any means.
If it didn't just disperse like free floating energy in a vacuum would it wouldn't somehow magically maintain itself let alone coalesce.
>>
>>728897840
You e never ridden a motorcycle, you probbaly can only operate a car or soccer mom suv with an autotragic transmission and for that you go directly to faggot car driving hell.
You will be in good company for all of eternity with all the pt cruiser , prius, giant suv , plastic bmw , mercedes, VW autotragic faggots . Sound like fun for you asshats who never got gud at nothing.
I'll be riding street bikes and drifting mazda rx7s & supras in heaven with jebus and god having real fun that involves focus and skill.

Heed my words you faggots! get gud or burn forever, you pleby worthless shit stax.
>>
>>728895215
And this, in a nutshell, is why man created religion
>>
Nothing, you die and loved ones will morn. After a while they'll begin to cope with the loss. In a few years they'll forget about you, only to be remembered occasionally. In a hundred years most memories of you will be lost, sure your great grand kids have heard of you but they'll soon come to forget you. The only meaning of life is to be remembered.

Its questions like these that make me want to shoot a president or something, so I can't be forgotten.
>>
>>728898186
Again, I don't actually believe ANY of that happened. Though the flood may have legitimately happened just not thanks to god but some freak weather occurrence in that area according to recent evidence from soil and geological surveys.
I just find it ironic that if you ask the vatican its that gods official stance is not to interfere with us as that risks our agency and freewill's wholesome but they have a whole storybook of god doing shit ranging from cruel to fucked up just to teach people lessons despite his staunch stance.
>>
>>728898498
You should totally kill the shitty president. That would be hella ebin. No one would ever forget you. You would go in The history books forever. Future generations would rever you as a hero who kicked off a revolution against tyracy and oppresion.
>>
>>728896280
Bump fellow pastafarian.
>>
>>728897488
This is the closest to the correct answer so far in the thread, missing a few things though.
>>
>>728897373
Go see a doctor. Heart attacks require after care. Theres probably some medication you should be on. Sure you'll have to face that terrifying moment again some day but better later than sooner aye mate?
>>
>>728898411
Okay, have fun fantasizing about shit that will never happen while salivating over the one menopausal chick in town that still digs motorcycles. If you're lucky you might get passed her in a few years when the Elder of your clan dies of brain hemorrhage after an accident.

Also, it's obvious that you're upset but your cutesy language smells like backpedaling because you can't even commit to insulting someone properly. I bet you
>>
>>728897671
Yes, there is continuity in conciousness. It is an emergent property of life. The 5 year old, 6, 7 etc. are all present in the gestalt.
>>
>>728894865
you reborn as the person you hated the must, so you could experience how cunt you really were in your last life
>>
>>728899442
>gestalt
What happens when you sleep?
>>
You get torn into infinitesimally small pieces and redistributed through the underlying forces of the universe.
>>
>>728899452
>reborn as myself
What?
>>
>>728896806
Energy can change but the origin (except possibly in the case of Hawking radiation) can still be derived. There is a whole field of study called ab initio analysis that relies on this.
>>
>>728899528
That is the (I think) the wrong question. What happens when you wake up?
>>
File: pig1.jpg (103KB, 734x503px) Image search: [Google]
pig1.jpg
103KB, 734x503px
>>728894865
>>
>>728899743
That was also the wrong question but I like it better. Rather: is conciousness only physical? Is the material only physical? Based on what I understand of what I have studied, the answers are no and no.
>>
All the DMT aka the chemical that causes dreams is releases in The brain causing to to either see your life flash or if you don't die and you have a near death experience. But people who died and were resecatated will no longer be able to dream. I was in a car accident and I haven't dreamt since then and no I didn't see anything but there was a flash and it was like waking up
>>
>>728898755
Nah, if he dies then Israel won't get nuked. Sorry buddo
>>
Check for 'on life after death' by elisabeth kübler-ross
One of the most interesting and helpful books you can find out there imo
>>
>>728899743
Its the counter argument to the continuity of consciousness argument in traditional philosphy.
>>728900016
If i cut out the short term memory center of your brain your consciousness will suffer drastically. Its as physical as your brain is as they are one and the same.
>>
>>728900016
The stom has no physical structure so I agree in part. The psychological implications of leaving the Newtonian model behind more or less (still useful if you're running a space business after all) have not been accepted let alone articulated. The duality of matter and energy carries truely terrifying possibilities.
>>
File: 1491366607077.webm (269KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491366607077.webm
269KB, 224x400px
>>728896177
This guys logic.. not afraid of dying as long as its either in my sleep or something fast.. my worst fears are being stabbed, being beaten or tortured to death, and also having my throat slit freaks me the fuck out.. hearing your own breathing come of a hole in your neck with intense pain till you choke ad drown on your own blood.. please god kill me fast
>>
>>728894865
delete sys32
>>
File: Quote5.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Quote5.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>728894865
This quote sums it up pretty good.
>>
>>728900263
I agree that would be the observable consequence as things stand right now. But I do not believe the 'I' or 'you' can safely draw any conclusions.
>>
How to be edgy 101
Lesson one, be an atheist
>>
>>728900382
Atom*
>>
>>728900382
Yes, it is fairly easy to demonstrate the sometimes non physical nature of matter.
>>
>>728894865
>rot in a box
>burnt and placed in an ornate jar

Choice is yours, or that of your immediate family.

Anything more than that is pure wishful thinking. Sorry about that.
>>
>>728900703
And to carry on your point? To say that conciousness is sometimes energy?
>>
>>728899415
I hope the next time you swerve over the line into the other lane while texting on your phone theres an angry road rager with a gun waiting for you who shoots you in the stomach and it takes you two agonizong days to die.
I would imagine im not the only person who hopes something awful like that happens to you, faggot.
>>
>>728900492
Its not great i admit but at the same time the journey to the destination ultimately means nothing as you won't be carrying that experience with you when you die as that to will cease upon death.
>>
>>728901044
>drifting into other lanes
Doesn't happen cause I ain't a shit driver.
>road rager
I'll just shoot him at the first hint of his anger and get off scott free because my state takes the legal argument of me feeling reasonably threatened very well.
>>
>>728897202
just die as soon as fucking possible hubris cunt
>>
File: images (74).jpg (28KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (74).jpg
28KB, 443x332px
>>728900847
>Sorry about that.

The edge is strong with this one
>>
If we're all going to die anyway, why haven't we killed ourselves yet? Death is scary, possibly the scariest thing known to man. Death is the last unknown, we have no idea what is after it, if we did then either suicide rates would be higher or the complete opposite. We don't know if when we die we go to heaven or if we simply decompose after burial.

Death is a figure of speech, a word used to fill in the blanks of something we don't know of.
>>
>>728901113
Yeah i guess once its over it doesnt matter, but those last few seconds are gonna be so terrifying and agonising, once everything starts to fade to black youll atleast know its over
>>
>>728895120
edgy
>>
>>728901230
You sound like a fucking idiot,
And a complete shit driver.
>>
File: 1491469395061.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491469395061.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
>>728901371
The autism is strong with this one
>>
since you don't have organs to feel anything anymore, you are just there, feeling nothing, being nothing, forever.
>>
>>728901374
We know exactly what is after death.

Decompositon.

Scientifically proven
>>
>>728895248
you are clearly petrified of death, it's in the language you use
>>
>>728901230
You sound like the pefect candidate to get unsuspectingly shot in the stomach by and angry nigger road rager.
>>
>>728901374
>why havent we killed ourselves yet
Some of us dont want to just die, granted life means nothing and in the grand scheme of things is pretty much pointless, but alot of people are living life good and wev been told "you only live once" so everyone whos alive is just trying to make the best out of it.. altho if your life is shitty and you deem it not worth living for then suicide is a good way out

To nothing, where nothing matters
>>
Youll roll in your grave if you knew what i was foing to your mother
>>
>>728894865
What happens before we born?
>>
>>728901544
Yeah, that's a photo of me achieving something.

Atheism is nothing but kicking in someone's sand castle. I hope it makes you feel better
>>
>>728894865
You rot
>>
I stop bothering everyone
>>
>>728901624
>nigger
Even better i can just shoot him preemptively and the court will just assume he was being aggressive.
>>
The only way you'll find out is when you die. Everyone saying nothing will happen or you rot are just edgy baiting faggots. And those being pseudospiritual are talking out there ass.
>>
Life has no meaning, so to give life meaning is to justify your existence through a learned belief system, so death will come. We cannot understand what happens to our consciousness after death, and so we guess, and have religion tell us what to believe. It's all nothing. You won't exist, you will become a dead mammal, and after the ritual of burial/cremation forgot about, until appropriate dates in the calendar, your birthday and date of death generally.
>>
>>728901824
Yeah i bet you have a ton of ded niggers you shot under your belt you fucking bullshitting fucking plebular faggot youre only lying to yourself, jackass. Kys.
>>
>>728894865
you get rapped at the morgue.
>>
>>728894865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgLfdZ9lfA
>>
>>728902051
So edgy you spelt raped wrong.
>>
>>728902098
whoops, meant to post this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIyELVHNlcU
>>
>>728901740
Religion is about avoiding reality so.you can hide in your safe space and never get tour feelings hurt.

You gonna die petal.

And.Thats.It
>>
>>728896476
Source?
>>
>>728902462
exponentially edgy
where do I get tour feelings, btw?
>>
>>728902462
I'll believe what I want to believe.

Ever thought of that one edgelord?
>>
>>728897488
Sourcesourcesourcesourcesource
>>
>>728894959
>>
>>728898632
The flood didnt happen. The bible says some shit about the flood being super widespread and covering almost the entire earth for a long ass time (almost a year if im not mistaken). So you can try this yourself, get a small tree. Submerge it in water for a year. Take it out and see if it lived. It wont. The flood was as ridiculous as all other myths of the bible.
>>
File: skintaker.png (289KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
skintaker.png
289KB, 400x400px
meet your maker
>>
>>728902690
>mah safespace

It must be hard to recomcile your fantasy with rotting corpses. Takes a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>728900574
Thats not being edgy. Being edgy is being such a snowflake that you need to believe that the creator of the universe has you especially in mind, listens to all your thoughts and wishes and prayers, and has you live on forever in heaven like some sort of eternal party.
>what is a coping mechanism
>>
>>728902913
Okay. I didn't mean the actual biblical sized flood. Just that a large flood happened in that general area. No it didn't cover the land for a year or go beyond a rivers general proximity but like the plague, locust swarm, and frog invasion in egypt the story might be based on actual events that happened.
Again, to be clear for the THIRD time I don't legitimately believe god is a thing nor did he do this shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iICP8DcYHf4
>>
>>728902610
>being that desperate to avoid the topic
Alright then. Whatever makes you feel better.
>>
File: images (75).jpg (25KB, 327x449px) Image search: [Google]
images (75).jpg
25KB, 327x449px
>>728903256
Hah, I never even said I was religious, and your getting all triggered.
All I said was "I believe in what I want to believe" I could be atheist as well for all you know.
>>
>>728903712
So.you are a troll then?

Certainly autistic eitherway
>>
>>728901888
Well its proven that you rot so thats just factual, not edgy. And saying "nothing" isn't edgy either, since we know the brain is responsible for consciousness. Its not really edgy to assume that once it dies, we just stop. Its edgier to assume it lives on without a speck of evidence for that
>>
>>728894865
Your brain releases a chemical called N-Dimethyltryptamine and you stay in a dream state for eternity
>>
>>728896200
Projecting much anon?
>>
File: images (76).jpg (15KB, 236x243px) Image search: [Google]
images (76).jpg
15KB, 236x243px
>>728903817
Your carrying on like there are two sides, you atheists vs everyone that tries to believe in something for whatever reason.
>>
>>728904004
What about when worms wriggle into your coffin and eat your brain?
>>
>>728903470
Its cool, was just clearing up the biblical flood idea.
>>
>>728903712
Well you called him an edgelord for calling religion a safe space...... Sooo im assuming he assumed you weren't an atheist, but a butthurt religitard
>>
>>728894865
you wipe your ass then stand from the toilet. every time you shit you die and are replaced with a new version of yourself. almost like being beamed in star trek where you die and its really a copy of you that continues living your life.
>>
>>728896765
>The Bible says that we enter into a sleep war awaken the resurrection
Anytime someone asks me if I know any nonsensical stories that couldn't possibly have happened, I always reach for my bible.
>>
>>728894865
nobody knows.
I "died" once. My heart stopped beating for a couple of minutes and I turned blue. But the paramedics (emt, whatever) got the old pump started again and I woke up the next day in the hospital.
No bright light, no tunnel. Just in my kitchen one moment and in a comfy hospital bed the next.
>>
>>728895824
Once neuron activity ceases, you won't feel a thing.
>>
Postmodernism is so edgy and cool you guys
>>
>>728904281
>him

You mean "me"
>>
>>728904089
This is just backwards. Your pic assumes that atheism is a belief system that is somehow being forced on everyone. I dont see a bible, church or pope of atheism. Religions have done alot more shoving with their beliefs, i think thats obvious (crusades, modern day islam, the inquisition)
>>
>>728904429
No im observing your fued with the other man who is arguing for reason and reality. Im just a bystander throwing in 2 cents.
>>
>>728904299
Why do you have a bible?
>>
>>728904580
I believe he said his name is 'innocent bystander'.
>>
>>728904493
It is a belief system? You believe that your unconscious forever and there is nothing. Its still a belief.
>>
>>728904398
You need to milk it harder if you want your 15 minutes of fame on the tv anon.

Tell people you saw rainbows or all your family and mates lining a corridor with katy perrys boobs waiting for you in the distance.
>>
if ur a good person u get to torture sjws in hell
>>
>>728904705
No its acceptance of reality
>>
>>728904580
"His" arguing? I'm not.. Kek
>>
>>728904601
>Why do you have a bible?
The last time we moved, one of the legs on the couch snapped off. The bible and the book of mormon together were just about the right size to take its place.
>>
>>728904863
Haha cheers for proving my point.
Its your belief.
>>
>>728904705
No this can be assumed reasonably, because the brain is responsible for consciousness and when your brain dies we can assume consciousness goes with it. Thats not really a belief in the same way thinking you go to live with the sky man in heaven or the bad man in hell is. Truth is im open to ideas about what happens after death, but don't tell me that assuming your mind dies with your body is a belief. It is completely reasonable. Like assuming a computer dies when you unplug it.
>>
>>728894865
1. you cant experience nothing because its not an experience, you can be nothing for eternity and still feel like you were never gone.
2.you are the same as everything around you nothing is separate from the experience. The idea of your self is not real and is an illusion that makes you consider itself different
>>
>>728905023
Still a belief though isn't it?
Religions and shit talk about a "soul" going somewhere.
>>
>>728903470
>Just that a large flood happened in that general area. No it didn't cover the land for a year or go beyond a rivers general proximity

There were 16 major floods over a 6000 year period all over the earth at the end of the last glacial age. Ancient peoples like to live in valleys and flood plains because plentiful water.
>>
>>728896016

I'd hope so. Honestly I'm banking on the idea that as I get older I'll eventually get weary enough that death is seen as a relief rather than something cataclysmically awful.
>>
>>728905229
No its most definitely not a belief. You have a brain. It creates consciousness. It dies. Consciousness ceases. What is to be believed about that? Its a fact.
>>
>>728905229
Also there is no evidence of a "soul". I assume that means consciousness, which dies. And proves my point
>>
>>728904004
best chemical ever, done it many times
>>
>>728897278

I always did appreciate that there were some religions and cultures who operated under the assumption that you lived, died, and that was that. Subjects like death have often caused unnecessary anxiety for me and the possibility that a whole people could accept it is comforting.

That said, I also appreciate the simple logic of something like Egyptian religion, where everything was in cycles. Despite being what we'd call "primitive" it did have some... "science" to it. "The sun rises, falls, and rises again", "the Nile floods, recedes, floods again", "man is born, dies, and is born again".
>>
>>728905229
A. No evidence of a soul
B. Theories and Beliefs are different. One is based on rational thinking and the other faith by definition.
>>
>>728905711
>"The sun rises, falls, and rises again"

As proven by evidence

>"the Nile floods, recedes, floods again"

As proven by evidence

>"man is born, dies, and is born again"

As proven by....
>>
>>728905842
No evidence that there's not a soul.
>>
>>728897373
they'll just probably give you maintenance meds if needed to prevent you from having another episode again. you dont have to buy them if you dont want to but at least you know the diagnosis tho
>>
>>728906072
No evidence that there isnt a herd of pink striped wilderbeest living on the third moon of neptune either
>>
>>728894865
You get into a room with a beautiful anime girl who asks if you wanna go to heaven (which is a boring place) or reborn into fantasy world with 1 wish.
>>
>>728906185
Exactly.
There are also many universes and dimensions and shit, so both you and I know fuck all about fuck all, the difference is I didn't pretend I did.
>>
>>728906048

For Egyptians, proven by the fact that many other vital things in their life occurred in cycles, the process of day-night and the Nile flooding being just two examples.

Not saying it proves anything, just that it's an appreciable kind of simple logic.
>>
>>728894865
You decompose
>>
>>728894865
your body is shutting down as you go "i can't believe this is happening, this is the feeling of death"
>>
I think this song describes it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbSZN1XVNA
>>
https://discord.gg/nXDhu
>>
>>728895248

This
>>
>>728895248
when beheaded your brain is still able to control the face for 12 seconds
>>
>>728895824
smoke dmt, its the weirdest feeling and the closest you'll get to the feeling of death
>>
>>728906359
Iof somone makes a claim, they are required to support it with evidence otherwise the null position applies. This is logic 101.

If you claim a soul exists, prove it. There is no requirement to prove it doesnt... that is the default position until proved otherwise.

Dont lose sight of the basics in your quest to be existential and 'fair'
>>
>>728906381
Excpet is isnt

Its a non sequitur
>>
>>728902913
there was a huge rise in sea levels 12000 years ago
>>
>>728906669

How so
>>
>>728894865
It'll probably feel the same as before you were born
>>
>>728906823
this, its what dmt, feels like, which is a natural neurotransmitter released when you dream and when you die. its what separates you from the version of you that believes the dreams as they happen
>>
>>728902166
Golly G!!! i mean WRAPPED!! jesus what a shame...
>>
File: 1481148381545.jpg (164KB, 1638x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1481148381545.jpg
164KB, 1638x1920px
There is probably an afterlife. It's mathematically impossible that one would only be aware right now but never before or after this life. And, if one would "reincarnate", one would in essence get destroyed. Upon reincarnation the 'you' would get destroyed. Reincarnation would be the end of us and start of somebody entirely else who wouldn't give to f's about us, even if they'd somehow get their memories of us back...and I find that kind of scenario unlikely to be honest. Since hell is obvious religious bs to keep us in line, the only probable scenario in my mind is that there is an afterlife where people go. Probably another physical universe from which they run this simulation.

There are many big clues... This world, with its life, is full of impossible coincidences that are highly unlikely for a materialistic universe. The habitable zone et cetera. And then there is the paranormal. Think of paranormal as an adjacent "room" to this world -- our "room". Now, if there was nobody in the adjacent (paranormal) room, no one would "knock" from that room, but "knocking" (paranormal phenomena) does happen. Phoenix Lights, Battle of Los Angeles, Marian apparitions, supernatural magic, and all that point to there being something in that other room, i.e. the other side. I propose that the truth is scientific however.
>>
>>728907287
In other words, if the universe is artificial, and it can only be artificial, the universe is not the cause of consciousness, because consciousness has to be the cause of the universe, and therefore consciousness has to exist outside of the artificial universe.
>>
>>728906072
False argument.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
>>
>>728906763
Assertion of a true outcome despite the outcome being entirely in question due to its nature.
True/false possibility being claimed as purely true = non-sequitur
>>
>>728894865
Nothing i hope.
>>
>>728896456
Manningham Lane to be specific.
>>
>>728908171

I'm not sure what the point is but I still appreciate the recurrent themes of cycles within life and existence and the possibilities that suggests for the nature of such themselves.
>>
>>728894865
Eternal oblivion.
>>
>>728907287
this your very bright anon, i did happen to see a video similar to phoenix lights some black dude recording it saying ufos are real looked identical probalby cant find it
>>
File: 1490975138894 (1).jpg (58KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
1490975138894 (1).jpg
58KB, 500x690px
>>728897278
It's not "life" because you're not alive. Everything you've ever experienced and ever will in this life, even everything you can possibly imagine is a fragment of a fractal of what is.

Can you truly not concieve that there are things outside our knowledge and understanding?
>>
>>728909625
Means we know the sun doesn't actually rise or set we just rotate.
We know the seasons never truly "change" we just get a little further or closer to the sun.
We know consciousness dies because the brain does and the brain being damaged also damages that consciousness.
>>
Acid heads tell us the secrets of the universe
>>
i would say its the same as when you are asleep but not dreaming that irremberable time that is pure nothingness
>>
all types of shit
>>
>>728910716
how do you know this have you been brain damaged?
>>
i wonder what a retards consciousness is like
>>
>>728907287
How is the habitable zone a coincidence?
It exists and out of the 40 billion habitable zoned planets for the milkyway alone thats a VERY large chance for a habitable planet to occur. It just happens shit happened here instead of over there which statistically had the same chance of happening.
Its not some weird coincidence its just a roll of the dice that we lived by.
>>
>>728910850
We know this from brain damage victims and lobotomies. Sit down with some soldiers and have a chat then talk to the wounded vet and see how his injury has changed him. The fields advanced enough that empirical evidence over decades has given way to tests that can accurately tell you what amount of this and that you've lost due to your injury.
>>
>>728911034
Do you think other planets exist with other people? how would my dna my genetics my life even exist it had to start somewhere
>>
>>728894959
Done in one.
>>
>>728910161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Art5KdXhI
The one in the first video is a similar triangle
>>
>>728911277
the hell is that my god its like manuvering
>>
File: 1491790274417.jpg (47KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1491790274417.jpg
47KB, 500x332px
>>728894865
>....You end up on a slab and get examined by me
>>
>>728911277
my spine just fucking chilled bro before 1:55 i believe...
>>
>>728911487
bro wtf is that if thats real thats fucking crazy it turns into a ball and disappears right infront of the camera like a teleportation thing it looked like a domino with some high tech lights or different world technology
>>
>>728911277
at a loss for words wtf never seen anything like 1:44
>>
>>728911277
i wish i could show you the video its a very recent one they're in a city and they start recording the sky with their phone and u see it clearly 4 white dots that seem to be floating and one is lower than the other and the guy goes 'WELP folks UFOS are real.
>>
>>728911220
You're doing gamblers fallacy here.
You're assuming because we rolled an 11 out of 40billion that somehow WE'RE the special ones when in reality 11 was just as likely as any of the other numbers to have happened. Rolling a 10 or 12 and being a dead planet doesn't mean we got "close" to 11.
Likewise you have to realize this is playing out around 40 billion times per galaxy which are so many we can't even put a number to. Chances are theres life equally complex out there somewhere and they're just as not-special as we are.
>>
>>728894865
Republicans go to heaven, libtards go to hell
>>
>>728911034
>How is the habitable zone a coincidence?
There are many coincidences, like the meteorite and shit.
>>
>>728913028
Universe is a big ass place man. Statistically 4 earths per galaxy should be the average. And thats 4 earths that end up with water, oxygen, proper chemistry, available iron, etc earths ontop of the unnumberable galaxies that exist.
We aren't statistically rare or special against that kind of weight. we or something like us was bound to happen.
>>
>>728913185
I get you, materialism is a comfortable paradigm because at first glance it seems sanest. But then there is the other side of the coin. The four thousand religions on earth all point to something greater, and we have only experienced this single one state of existence thus far. At this point no one knows if the universe is alone.
>>
>>728894865
I bet you fuck girls faggot
>>
>>728894865

we have to go inside
>>
>>728894865
nothing, like turning off a computer. Maybe it could be turned back on, but corrupted data is gonna fuck your system up
>>
>>728906601
I don't need to prove anything bruhzzie fucking whatever bro have fun with your edgy atheism keep shutting down people with shit like "there is nothing" or "you rot in a box" or "that's it, no nothing, you ceace to exist" see? If I wanted to be an edgy atheist I'd do it better than you.
>>
>>728899149
This interests me what is missing?
>>
>>728907947
>Wikipedia

Kek, funny joke. Not even gonna look at it.
>>
File: China-2-367963.jpg (26KB, 590x326px) Image search: [Google]
China-2-367963.jpg
26KB, 590x326px
bump
>>
>>728906547
fake and gay
>>
>>728915903
No need to bump, no one has the answer, no one knows. You believe what you want to believe.
>>
>>728916379
Okay, sorry for breaking your rules.
>>
>>728916517
That's k next time you'll get a spanking you saucy little minx
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.