[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 44

File: atheism.jpg (60KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
atheism.jpg
60KB, 380x400px
Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?
>>
No and nothing can
if you want to become smarter that means you are already smarter than the majority of people
>>
There is no valid or logical reason for anyone still alive to believe in any god
>>
>>728421268

Just like there's no reason to assume any higher power doesn't exist without any evidence because it makes you feel like a special snowflake and above everyone else.
>>
>>728421122

No; being intelligent makes you an atheist.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>728422060
>>
>>728421122
Atheism is a belief, just like any other religion. The absence of belief is agnosticism.

Be smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to know.
>>
>>728421427

> Just like there's no reason to assume any higher power doesn't exist

> What is burden of proof

> What is can't prove a negative

> What is the difference between a claim and a lack of a claim

> What is a basic level of education

The only person I think I'm above is you and not because you're religious, because you're an idiot.
>>
>>728421122
isn't religion not just a means to control peoples' behaviour? like if you kill someone you burn in hell? You have the right not to be killed, that's for sure.
>>
regardless of what you believe if you're respectful, tolerant and overall conscientious then I have no problem with you
>>
Religious people are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

It is like the North Koreans who are brainwashed in to believing anything the Kim dynasty says.

I don't understand the religious fucks that laugh and call North Koreans stupid. Cus you are just as retarded as them. If not even more.

Show us 1 solid proof there is any "God" and I might take you seriously for s second.
>>
>>728421256
Lie
The right diet and training can make you more intelligent
>>
>>728422228
>can't prove a negative
>claims NO god
You are an idiot.
>>
File: images.jpg (52KB, 370x397px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
52KB, 370x397px
every individual is an expression of the whole realm of nature, and is a unique action of the total universe - however - the individual is under the delusion that they are these separate, isolated "ego's" inside bags of skin. A condition learned by society.
people seem to draw a line of separation between what happens to us, and ourselves as an observer. While that line, is utterly fictitious and imaginary because you cannot separate an organism and its environment. The experience and experiencer are inseparable - it is ONE action and process.
our universe is at its root 'intelligent', because it is capable of evoking intelligent beings into existence. Each of these beings are expressions of the whole. The universe is an 'I-ing' universe, in the sense that it generates Self-ness, a feeling held common by every organism. In other words, that feeling of 'I' that you have here and now is a feeling mutual between all beings

You cannot be conscious of an experience of nothingness, and so if you were to die, the only thing that is bound to happen, is that you regain consciousness. It doesn't matter if there were eons and eons of time between those flashes of consciousness because there was no one to notice it going by. The same principle applies to the world. It comes and it goes forever and ever

Another brilliant observation, is that when you look out your eyes, what you are experiencing, is the immediate sensation occurring somewhere in the back of your head. You are literally experiencing the entire world within yourself! Any imaginable feature such as light, heat, weight, solidity, motion, time is occurring solely and directly within your brain as a kind of 'on-off' vibration between neurons. And outside your brain the world is devoid of any such sensations.
A human body is like a whirlpool, there seems to be a constant form, called the whirlpool, but it functions for the very reason that no water stays in it.
>>
Atheism is for faggots.
>>
>>728422060
ayyyy

also richard dawkins is a beast
>>
>>728422228

So why do you believe there is no God if you can't prove that either? Hypocritical idiot.
>>
>>728422202
>Be smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to know.
But how do you really know that you know that you're not smart enough to know?
>>
My imaginary friend is better than any other imaginary friend and way better than not having an imaginary friend at all.
>>
>>728423729

Because believing that one magical creature swung his wand one day, or rather swinging it for 7 days and thus making the universe is just braindead retarded.
>>
File: 2gjbjuehmlnx.png (2MB, 678x1258px) Image search: [Google]
2gjbjuehmlnx.png
2MB, 678x1258px
>>728422202
a, prefix from the Greek, meaning without.

the(os), also Greek, meaning God or gods

ism, suffix from Enlightenment English, meaning system or doctrine of

Agnostics are also atheists by definition. Anyone who does not have a belief in god is an atheist. Atheism precludes any belief, it does not replace it. There is no shared doctrine of ideas, goals, community, morals or anything else.
>>
>>728421122
It doesn't. Having or lacking a religion doesn't make anyone smarter/dumber, if you believe that you need to kys
>>
File: 1491448709834.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1491448709834.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>728421122
Nice b8 m8
>>
>believing in Atheism
>believing
kek
>>
The Uncaused Cause. In my mind, NOTHING should exist. If there were no God, NOTHING would have ever been. Only an ALL POWERFUL force could contradict this uncaused cause. I lay in bed and think about this and it blows my mind. Yes, there is a God.
>>
>>728424272
>Yes, there is a God
But what is this God?
>>
>>728424272

Hang yourself asap
>>
Atheism doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you informed. Intelligence also often leads to atheism.
>>
>>728424333
That's when I look to world religions. They're all basically the same. Man's attempt to get to God through human efforts. Do this, do that. Pray this way, do this ritual... Then there's ONE that's different. It's not a religion. The work has already been done. His name was Jesus. God reaching down to man. Not the other way around.

Watch this, Cosmos Reborn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlpfX--Jt-4
>>
File: IMG_0117.jpg (113KB, 582x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.jpg
113KB, 582x616px
>>728421122
What's the matter op? You a faggot potato?

Intelligence will shape your beliefs, but believing in something will not make you any less potato.
>>
>>728422548
This...

But you got to remember that Dawkins fanboy level Atheists are referring to to the concept of an authoritative, law giving patriarch in the clouds that gets mad at you when you touch yourself when they say that not being an Atheist makes you retarded, because they have no awareness that "world views" exist beyond
A. Themselves, and those that agree
and
B. "muh sky daddy" retards.

But of course it still depends on your definition of Atheism. By some accounts, Watts was an Atheist, in the same way that a Buddhist, or a Taoist, or a non-dualistic Hindu is Atheist, by not having the same conception of "ultimate reality" as Christians, which is the only concept of religious/not strictly Atheistic worldview that is really known to Dawkins wannabes.

I don't identify with the label "Atheist" at all, and find that my world-view/conception of reality is vastly different to that of the average Atheist that I meet. Believing in what is technically reincarnation and tending to think that the innermost "layer" of my own reality as an individual is ultimately synonymous with that of "reality itself" and that "reality itself" is eternal in an incomprehensibly infinite cycle of "becoming itself" over and over again.
This doesn't necessarily include even a single thought of the "sky daddy" world view, so if that's your definition of God then I suppose I'm an Atheist. Except I find I can't identify with that label because my actual worldview has things about it, such as a belief in my own immortality, which are generally considered to be distinctly non-atheistic regardless of ones concept of "God", with mine being "reality itself", for lack of a better term.

The way I see it, anyone who says "Atheism is correct, all religions are wrong becuz sky daddy X-tians are stoopid" implies a false dichotomy between their own worldview and one that must involve the Christian conception of reality, and has clearly never read a book about Buddhism, or certain other things.
>>
>>728423729

There is no proof of God he is a creation of mankind.

Why would you believe in something like that? This might seem extreme but he is literally the same thing as Santa Claus.
>>
>>728424676
what a load of bollocks dude
>>
>>728424819
If I saw a thread debating whether or not Santa Claus was real, I'd laugh and move on. The fact that you're here indicates that there is at least some doubt in your heart whether the God thing is true or not. God is real. And if God is real, that means he made you. If he made you, he is not against you.
>>
>>728423971
>Anyone who does not have a belief in god is an atheist.

No

Atheists *believe* there is no god.
Agnostics *do not believe* in god.

Sounds like semantics, but a huge difference.
>>
>>728421122

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Riuk8CNAA
>>
File: 1471403260345.jpg (24KB, 378x462px) Image search: [Google]
1471403260345.jpg
24KB, 378x462px
>>728423452
fucking get cancer
>>
>>728424094

True, but being smarter will usually cause one to discard blind beliefs.
>>
>>728421122
You fucking americans.
>>
>>728422541
...I can't believe how retarded you are. Holy shit, it is no wonder you're religious.
>>
>>728425185

I usually laugh and move on but "So why do you believe there is no God if you can't prove that either?" is a stupid thing to say.

Why would I believe in something that can't be proven to me? There is zero evidence.
>>
>>728423729
You're exactly right. I'm sure you also believe in Zeus, Ra, and Kali, correct? Since you can't prove they don't exist and all.
>>
>>728425040
It's not necessarily my point to convince anyone that my own world view isn't retarded, so much as I mean to point out that these threads are always full of "Of course Atheism is right, Christianity is stupid, all religion is stupid. Believing in sky-daddy is stupid, therefore all religions are stupid."

Such statements clearly show that such a person knows nothing of religions other than the Christianity/Judaism/Islam trio, and nothing of religions like Buddhism, to name but one.

If you want to say that believing in God, as the word is commonly used, is retarded, then fair enough. But if because of this you then go on to say something like "Believing in God is stupid, therefore all religions are wrong." then you only prove that you have never actually studied the religions of the world beyond that which you grew up to be familiar with, and if you know nothing about the religions of the world beyond what you grew up with, then you are not qualified to state that all religions are retarded and that Atheism is the only intelligent world-view, any more than someone who has not studied relativity theory is qualified to disagree, or even agree with it.
>>
>>728424819
and you are literally an idiot, the ide of god is not like santa claus in any way

god is about truth, universal truths that fall outside of the narrow parameters of science.

'God floods the world' isnt about a literal being creating masses of water, it is about people being godless meaning without or against truth and thus being corrupt, for example not funding dredging flood defences, and thus they are flooded.

Cain and Abel is an archetypal fable about a multitude of moralistic arguments, sacrifice and delayed gratification seem to be the most important of them. Abel sacrifices something of worth, a lamb, that would reduce his flock in the short term, a true sacrifice. Cain offers grass, an abundance of which can be had by all, his sacrifice is objectively of less worth and less of a sacrifice, this is reinforced by 'gods' refusal of it. Cain's unwillingness to sacrifice leads to him gaining less which further leads to his need for instant gratification driving him to take from his brother both his life and livestock. This leads to him facing punishment by 'god' again acting as the moral arbiter.

But the story doesn't require an Abrahamic god to be powerful and required, the idea of god is simply a tool of the story. The powerful factor is faith, not in a saviour, but in the fact that your sacrifice, if it is true, is worth it.

Delayed gratification, perhaps one of the most important building blocks of society requires faith in it, or you simply wouldn't take part. And if you don't why would you ask it of anyone else, and why would they listen to you.
>>
>>728422060
This
>>
>>728424819
>This might seem extreme but he is literally the same thing as Santa Claus.

Whew lad. Found the 15 year old edgelord redditor!
>>
>>728424272
"I don't remember falling asleep last night so it must mean that I was abducted by aliens and I'm suffering from lost time. There is no other possible explanation."
>>
>>728425766

tldr

Post some evidence or stfu. Why does God get a pass on having to prove his existence when there is evidence that proves we were not created in anyone's image and evolved from life that formed here naturally.
>>
>>728421122
He's right atheists aren't a religion they don't have adherents it's the lack of belief in any religion not the belief there is no god. Some atheists make it out to seem like a belief system but those are just the stupid edgy faggots.
>>
>>728425588
I give you a challenge. Pray (talking to this god/fake god), say something like, "Godthing, I don't believe in you but if you're really real, please show yourself to me."
>>
>>728425227
It feels like you're baiting at this point so I'll just say if >>728423971
That simple and logical explanation didn't help you understand nothing will.
>>
>>728426011

'I'm so smart i don't even read'
wew lad
>>
>>728425185
This doesn't even make sense. Let's say that God is real. Why does that mean he made me? What do the two have to do with each other? Ants also exist. Does this mean that ants made me? Let's say that he did make me. Why does that mean he's not against me? People make video games and they usually include enemies. Are the enemies not against me? The whole point of the video game is that it's against you. If God also created all of my problems, how is he not against me? I have friends and I am not against them. You know why? Because I do my best not to make their lives shitty for no fucking reason. So are you telling me that God isn't trying to make my life shitty but he just really, really sucks at it?
>>
>>728423971
This
>>
>>728426257

believing in god

>wew lad

>>728425936

You got me.
>>
>>728421122
>a shared spiritual belief
>our beliefs are unassailable truth
explain these.
>>
>>728426444

except i literally don't and you'd know that if you actually read what i typed
>>
>>728421122
>putting the carriage before the horse
>>
>>728426601

I stopped after your opening of "and you are literally an idiot, the ide of god is not like santa claus in any way."

If you want me to read your garbage you should probably frame it better.
>>
>>728422060
And a dick
>>
>>728422060
>>728422135
Samefagging this had, kek.
>>
>>728421122
no, but like any -ism, its embraced in large numbers by small people with little-dog syndrome. You know the type. The ones that have to powerslide every conversation into one about how they're clearly the best.

every time i see that shit all i can hear from them is "please dont think im stupid, please dont think im stupid, please, i'm really scared that youll think im stupid. i cant handle it if you think im stupid". That's actually heartbreaking in a sense. To think they've come along all this way so terrified. What happened?
>>
Here's a thought: the nature of your existence and consciousness could be entirely unique to you, or it could be the same for every living being.
But you will never know, no matter who you are or what you believe in or choose not to believe in.
Because anyone reading this is only ever going to experience life as they currently are, until they die of course.

"Death is not an exit, but simply a flick of the off switch."
>>
>>728426569
>explain these.

just the sort of bullshit that religious-oriented people in the US imagine atheism to be, because they dont have an adequate education to understand the subject.
>>
athiests are literally cancer, i don't think any of them have read the bible, they pick at low hanging fruit by attacking the same idiots that do exactly what they are doing... taking it literally.
Philosophers and theologians haven't been taking the bible literally since at least 1770...
>>
>>728427320

Does not taking the bible literally help prove the existence of god anymore than taking it literally?
>>
File: 1491577623280.webm (928KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491577623280.webm
928KB, 426x240px
>>728421122
Nope. 9 times out of 10 it makes you a total leaf bitch. I don't know if it's their tendency to exhibit hyper-betaness, but most atheists are much more unbearable than Christians.
>>
>>728427320
>reads bible
>wait, I don't like this part, lets just pretend it's not there
Your kind sure are true "believers"
>>
>>728421122
atheists who adopt religious dogmatic behavior are just deep southern baptists who replaced the bible with Darwin's theory of evolution.

They don't read it, they dont understand it, they dont -want- to understand it, but goddammit they'll quote and cherry-pick from it at every given opportunity, knowing they're too good for this world.
>>
>>728427320
>athiests are literally cancer, i don't think any of them have read the bible,

'murrican logic.

I've not read "my little pony", but I dont think its going to make me believe in unicorns, either.

Which, incidentally, are mentioned in the bible 9 times...
>>
>>728427409
nothing is about proving gods existence, it literally doesn't matter, what matter is the universal truths that are espoused. The society and civilization built upon it, the meaning it gives people.
religiosity is as evolutionary and darwinian as men not crying in battle
>>
>>728427794

This entire thread is about the existence of god.

>kek

Are you even trying niggerfaggot?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP5ohTF4epE
>>
>>728421122
>believing
>Atheism

Pick one.

Don't trust atheist that behave like religious people.
>>
>>728427580
this.
>>
How can you have a spiritual belief if the realm of the spirit is unprovable?
>>
File: 1486071347476.jpg (495KB, 708x912px) Image search: [Google]
1486071347476.jpg
495KB, 708x912px
>>728421122

wasting your one live with this much argument...
>>
>>728426276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4OSmOk0Qk
>>
>>728427877

>Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?
>This entire thread is about the existence of god.

pick one
>>
>>728426217
Then why is there a branch of agnosticism split between believing and not believing.

We don't know. So we choose to be agnostic. But it's impossible to be truly impartial so where do you stand? Are you an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist?

I can't be assed with religion. I don't care at this point. But religion is a point asked in the questionnaire in forms that I fill out. I was born catholic but I'm just apathetic at this point. Which is convenient cause apatheism is a thing.
>>
Like most belief systems, the vocal minority make the rest look bad.
The major difference is atheists tend not to drive trucks through shopping precincts or wear explodey vests to get their views across
>>
Just wanted to let you guys/gals, I love you all. We're all just these little things floating around on a ball of rock looking for the truth.
>>
>>728421122
Atheism is not a spiritual belief. It is the lack there of. Most philosophers that are atheist are not atheist philosophers (as in it isn't their only/main focus) and we don't all cling to the words of philosophers, and those of us who do have an interest in philosophy don't just read atheist philosophy. As far as social groups that's utter bs. Most my friends are Christian. We do not collectively "adhere" to anything, it isn't a religion and we don't have any consensus on a 'right way'. And we don't think our answers are "unassailable truths" we just refuse to believe your extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence.
>>
>>728421122
How are we supposed to take you seriously if you make an error in the very first question you pose?

You had only one job...
>>
>>728422060
From one atheist to another. No it does not. And if you think it does you're probably one of the unintelligent ones. Or just really damn full of yourself.
>>
>>728428881
KYS faggot!
>>
>>728421122
You have it backwards. Being more intelligent makes you an athiest.
>>
>>728424272
Your God is the equivalent of a spontaneous, dimensional fart at the beginning of the universe.
>>
>>728422202
take your own advice before you post
a/theism is about the position on belief
a/gnosticism is about knowledge
>>
>>728429104
So your god is one who is just a spontaneous fart?
>>
>>728429240
For me atheism is "I've seen your evidence and I reject it as unlikely at best and down right contradictory to itself and the evidence at worst."
>>
>>728429104
how could anyone with a real mind dispute this??
>>
>>728421122
Believing in something has nothing to do with intelligence, you fuckwit.
Why do you think it does?
I don't know what's beyond our knowledge, and I won't claim to. Are you? Seems to be, what evidence do you have?
>>
>>728421122
Does reposting the same shitpost every day make you more intelligent?

The answer to both is fuck you
>>
File: IMG_0106.jpg (82KB, 429x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
82KB, 429x507px
>>728424668
Awww poor potato op is trying to be less potato.
>>
No, being more intelligent makes it more likely you will become/stay atheist.
>>
>>728421122
Let this sink in ... Scientology is the number one church under atheism. That's how fucked atheist are.
>>
>>728422202
So close, but fail
Fail'd hard
>>
>>728429628
what's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>728429628
Scientology is not atheism. Just as westoborough Baptist church isn't Christianity.
>>
File: SurprisedCat.jpg (133KB, 505x400px) Image search: [Google]
SurprisedCat.jpg
133KB, 505x400px
>>728429704
>mfw being on /b/ and not knowing what scientology is
>>
>>728422420
I would accept "some of" the dumbest ... but there are religious people with PHDs in the hard sciences, they may not be prominent but they're still there.
>>
>>728429720
Yes, Scientology is atheism. They do not believe in a god or any gods. They believe we evolved from apes and were possessed by alien spirits that give us all our mental illnesses and problems. Xenu isn't their god, he's the bad guy of their story.
>>
>>728429788
I didn't understand the post until this one >>728429720
>>
I hear of people saying God is real because if he wasn't, how would anything exist?

It's important for us as a species to admit we don't know everything. We try to explain stuff we don't know just by saying "Oh, it was God." when in fact we just don't know yet.
>>
>>728421122
No, but it does make you more likely to suck dick.
>>
>>728429884
>>728429720 is an idiot because Scientology is atheism and West Baptist is Christianity. This is the typical shit Christians try to pull so they can say there's no bad Christians anymore.
>>
>>728429628
that would actually be buddhism if you criteria is having no gods in your religious beliefs
>>
File: tmp_2141-94a(2)-714985988.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2141-94a(2)-714985988.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
>>728424272
Dude, you're making those that believe in God look bad, shut up.
>>
>>728429877
No it is NOT atheism you retard. We do not believe in any of the things those wack jobs do except for one thing we agree. There is no God.

Do I really need to start comparing Christianity to the kkk, Nazi's, wbc, 7th day, Mormons etc etc etc
Just to make the point it's not all the same despite all of those groups agreeing on the existence of not just any God but Your God. Unlike atheists which refute all gods.
>>
>>728429877
Just because he's a bad guy doesn't mean he's not a god. There were "bad gods" in Greek and Roman mythology for instance.
>>
File: Yeowchies.jpg (174KB, 725x725px) Image search: [Google]
Yeowchies.jpg
174KB, 725x725px
>>728430056
Buddhism is basically agnosticism. It doesn't address or care about deities.

>>728430160
>mfw newfag is pretending to be a scientologist
What's wrong your family hasn't been able to afford your lessons yet? Poorfags can't reach the levels of Xenu knowledge.
>>
>>728427488
OMG, nice doggo.
>>
>>728429957
Just because they cannot begin to understand existence itself (which is beyond all of us) doesn't mean there is a being out there to explain it all. They WANT an explanation so they demand there be someone to account for it.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (77KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
77KB, 800x800px
>>728421122
fuck no. im an atheist, and almost all of us are completely retarded. it was a way to get attention for being le edgy rebel, and thats part of the reason so many are becoming "spiritual" now that christianity don't dominate the overtone window.
>>
>>728430234
He's never once referenced as a god or deity. Has never been worshiped by anyone. There's nothing in their scripture or belief system that addresses him as a god.
>>
>>728430284
I'm not pretending to be scientologist you fucking numbskull. The "we" I reference is we atheists.
>>
>>728423971
>Agnostics are also atheists by definition.
Not necessarily, agnostics don't know and they won't claim to know. Just because someone refuses to take a side doesn't mean they default to a lack of belief, they're just considering all sides.
>>
File: WtFSoSerious.jpg (25KB, 480x346px) Image search: [Google]
WtFSoSerious.jpg
25KB, 480x346px
>>728430487
No one said all atheists were scientologist. How are you this fucking stupid?
>>
it isn't much about how smart can you be, it's about what brings your mind to ease.

I've been an agnostic atheist for quite some time and i feel like it's the most coherent spiritual choice for me.

In the academia i've met brilliant catholics, muslims, protestants, etc.

It's only stupid if you revolve your life around it, which a lot of neo-atheists do. An atheist debate is a sweaty smelly cheeto-sprinkled circlejerk.
>>
>>728421122
what spiritual belief do athiests have? the very definition is no belief in god. wtf?
>>
>>728430418
The Greeks sure as fuck didn't worship Eris.
>>
>>728421122
No, just make you an edgy butthurt faggot.
>>
File: YouDontMeanIt.jpg (88KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
YouDontMeanIt.jpg
88KB, 650x434px
>>728430666
>Greeks called Eris a god
>Scientology doesn't call Xenu a god
>>
>>728430141
I've thought about this a lot and I've come to the conclusion that most reasons anyone has for their belief, excepr for personal testimony which is not testable therefore easily dismissed because it's someones subjective interpretation of events, lies upon fallacies.
>>
>>728430666
The greeks didn't but Americans did/do.
>>
File: 1486001897005.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486001897005.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
I can't tell anymore what's bait and what's not in these threads
>>
>>728421122
A lack of belief is not a spiritual belief you massive nonce
>>
>>728430660
People mix it up with agnostic a lot
>>
>>728421122
Belief in anything doesn't inherently make you more intelligent.
The reasons why you believe something might indicate your level of intelligence though.
>>
>>728421122
Studying does
>>
Is summer here already? Why are shitty baits catching on?
>>
>>728421122
The prefix "a" means lack of or lacking, and theism is a belief in God, to be an atheist is to have a lack of belief in god
>>
File: tmp_2141-74b596681140.jpg (168KB, 1016x970px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2141-74b596681140.jpg
168KB, 1016x970px
>>728430926
All is bait.
>>
>>728430926
I find the best approach to /b/ is to pretend everyone is serious. Only rule out the most obvious trolls.
>>
>>728430660
It changed in the 90s, mostly due to online chatter. The definition of atheism use to be no belief in god and the dismissal of ones possibility. But atheists were terrorized with being called stupid for not having logic. So instead of calling themselves agnostic due to fear of being called losers for not picking a side atheists just started reframing their belief to be less stupid sounding.
>>
>>728431103
But is there anything to gain out of that really?
>>
>>728431103
M A D M A N
das a gud way 2 have fun tho, crazy but entertaining
>>
>>728430828
"OT III also deals with Incident I, set four quadrillion[37] years ago. In Incident I, the unsuspecting thetan was subjected to a loud snapping noise followed by a flood of luminescence, then saw a chariot followed by a trumpeting cherub. After a loud set of snaps, the thetan was overwhelmed by darkness. It is described that these traumatic memories alone separate thetans from their static (natural, godlike) state." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu
>>
>>728429720
Westboro Baptist Church is fucking Christian you fuckwit.
>>
>>728430901
Discordianism is described as a parody religion. Try again.
>>
>>728431167
Good question.
Maybe if you enjoy debate or confrontation.
>>
>>728431278
In Scientology, the concept of the thetan (/ˈθeɪtən/) is similar to the concept of self, or the spirit or soul as found in several other belief systems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetan
>>
>>728431452
Human souls aren't godlike.
>>
>>728431377
It is for some and others take it more serious.

Just because being a Jedi is a joke to some doesn't mean there aren't people who take the religion seriously. Go ask all the Australians who are Jedi.
>>
>>728431293
But Christian is not westboro Baptist church. You can't assume all Christians shout "thank God for soldier deaths"
>>
File: WorfSaysWtf.jpg (35KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
WorfSaysWtf.jpg
35KB, 500x325px
>>728431536
According to Scientology they are ... How are you this dense?
>>
>>728431574
Who are the real Christians and who are not? Christians can never make up their minds.
>>
>>728431592
Kekked at that filename.
>>
>>728431543
Okay, so that means Xenu has an alien soul that is godlike. Similar to god. Xenu is similar to god.
>>
>>728426125
And what very specific result should he be looking for?
>>
>Does believing in Atheism make you more intelligent?
No, because atheism isn't a belief.
>>
>>728431536
Apparently they're Californians.

"The Venusians take the thetan, "capsule" it, and send it back to Earth to be thrown into the ocean off the coast of California. They quote Hubbard as saying, "If you can get out of that, and through that, and wander around through the cities and find some girl who looks like she is going to get married or have a baby or something like that, you're all set. And if you can find the maternity ward to a hospital or something, you're OK. And you just eventually just pick up a baby."
>>
>>728431683
What the fuck? Being godlike is not like being a god. The aliens can be considered gods but they are not real gods in the religious sense.
>>
>>728431683
Xenu isn't a thetan.
>>
>>728431293
You sure about that?
Wiki says otherwise, tho it is a subset of it. Those crazies have practically made their own theology.
>>
>>728431574
WBC is baptist a baptist church which is a denomination of the evangelical church which is christian
>>
>>728430810
This
>>
>>728421122
No
>you're looking for the b8 of, but smarter people are atheists
>I'm not giving it to you
Fuck off
>>
>>728421427

>i believe my special eternal soul will live on forever in heaven

>I call other people snowflakes even though i can't deal with the fact that this is the only life we get and ive got to make up sky wizards because im unable to cope
>>
>>728431826
Who are to say that they are not real Christians? I can claim that the only true Christians are the ones who follow Jesus completely and not Paul and not the OT shit, which eliminates pretty much most so called Christians of the world.
>>
>>728431798
Being godlike is not like being a god. Hmm. Let's check the dictionary. "like or befitting God or a god; divine." http://www.dictionary.com/browse/godlike?s=t
Yep. You're retarded.

>>728431806
A thetan is an alien soul. Xenu has one. It is what makes him alive. That's what souls are. Try to keep up.
>>
debating about if a god exists is a complete waste of time because it is impossible to know. also being atheist is the same as being religious, aka believing in something without any actual evidence. if you want to be more intelligent you have to accept that you dont and cant know.
>>
>>728431628
Simple answer is none. Which is to say no group is an accurate depiction of Christianity. The point I was going for.

Complicated answer, Without getting into a theological debate, I'd say the majority opinions make up the Christian "main body". Which boils down to creationism, 10 commandments, and a belief in God.
>>
>>728423778
>knowing that you're not smart enough to know by knowing you're smart enough to not know
>>
>>728431826
>Baptists are individuals who comprise a group of Evangelical Christian denominations
>>
>>728431960
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Hmm I'm pretty it's you who is retarded.
>>
>>728431838
The point is you can say "all WBC members are Christian but not all Christians are WBC"
>>
>>728423971

Agnostic

A, greek, without.

Gnos, greek, also gnosis, pertaining to knowledge.

Tic, greek, also ic, forms adjectives from other parts of speech

An agnostic is someone without knowledge.

Knowledge is not the same thing as belief.
I believe that no one close to me will be injured tomorrow, but i cannot know with certainty until tomorrow is over.
I believe that, given the size of the universe, life of some form exists somewhere else in the universe. However i cannot possibly know.

Similarly, you can have agnostic atheists and agnostic theists. Those who admit that they do not know, but either believe or do not believe.

Most people who just say atheist or theist think they KNOW without a doubt that they are right. So they would be more accurately described as gnostic atheist or gnostic theist.

Its easiest to think of gnostic and theism as the "X" and the "Y" of a 2d graph.
>>
>>728431889

>projecting

also

>if you're not Atheist you must be a stereotypical christian

Wew lads. I found the reddit!
>>
>>728431987
I'd add an adherence to the Ten Commandments, which everyone will fail at least one therefore.

Either way, instead of trying to denounce someone's claim to something, specifically Christianity, why not simply point out that those Christians aren't holding true to their Doctrine.
>>
File: me7362.jpg (28KB, 420x351px) Image search: [Google]
me7362.jpg
28KB, 420x351px
>>728431826
>region
>topkeka

top kek
>>
File: WhoGotOsama.jpg (68KB, 620x409px) Image search: [Google]
WhoGotOsama.jpg
68KB, 620x409px
>>728431960
The now-disembodied victims' souls, which Hubbard called thetans, were blown into the air by the blast.

You're not very good at this, but I know you think you're the one trolling.
>>
>>728431984
The burden of proof isn't on atheists to prove that God doesn't exist. I'm not going to accept that something might exist if I have no evidence to say it does. That's retarded. But since you seem to think that anything is possible, I have a pink pony in my room and you can't prove that I don't so you have to accept that it's possibly true, even though it's highly fucking unlikely that this is the case.
>>
>>728424622
"it's not a religion"

Yeah, it is, you'd be a fuckin moron to say otherwise.
>>
>>728432097
Are you literally arguing with the dictionary right now?
>>
File: Um.jpg (33KB, 746x563px) Image search: [Google]
Um.jpg
33KB, 746x563px
Now would be the perfect time to raid an online talk radio show and begin discussing this shit with them to derail their show.

Anyone for some BlogTalkRadio?
>>
>>728432153
I'm pretty sure you just don't know what a soul is. But that's okay.
>>
>>728421122
There are plenty of smart theists and dumb atheists, being intelligent doesn't make you an atheist and being an atheist doesn't make you intelligent. If you are intelligent, you'd debate people and would remain open to all ideas.

If you really have to laugh at religious extremists to make yourself feel intelligent and superior, then you're a pathetic person. Being able to pick at the lowest hanging fruit is not a sign of virtue.

Also, whether or not you believe in God or some sort of higher power, it's a very good idea to educate yourself on Christianity and Theology, because no metter what your opinion on it is, it has shaped our society in many ways and is at least partially responsible for the West being more advanced culturally than other regions. In my experience depressing amount of atheist "scholars" have little to no knowledge of church history, and some haven't even read the Bible.

>t. an agnostic
>>
>>728432269
Uh no. Being godlike means having the same or similar attributes as the religious gods but that doesn't mean they are literally gods.
>>
>>728424622
Look at this faggot.
He thinks a religion implies a god.
>>
>>728432345
Which kind of soul? There are numerous beliefs in what a soul even is. It's not a singular definition.
>>
>>728432375
"It's exactly like a god but since they didn't specifically call it a god it doesn't count."
>>
>>728432036
How does your comment and mine conflict? I said it's a subset and you claimed it's an Evangelical Christian denomination, which is a modified version of Christianity. Care to explain?
>>
>>728432441
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/soul?s=t
>>
I can't believe I've had to copy and paste links to the dictionary twice in this topic. Holy shit.
>>
>>728425227
Actually agnostic is not "i don't believe in god"

Agnostic is the belief that there is a god and that you speak to that god yourself, removed from following other people's interpretations of god.

So yes, in a sense, Agnostics believe in god, they just believe that whatever "god" or "gods" or "goddesses" are out there have not been properly defined by a religion.

Atheism is an odd sort of "anti-god" religion, it's not that they don't believe in god, it's that they believe that god is harmful and negative. Either because god is not benevolent or because he doesn't exist.

Then there's the people that know god doesn't exist but aren't a religion nut like an atheist or any brand of theist.
>>
File: Gandalf Facepalm.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gandalf Facepalm.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>728432459
>>
>>728425766
>exactly why people hate religion
>>
>>728432569

Atheism is about belief. Agnosticism is about knowledge. You guys get it right please.
>>
>>728432569
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/agnostic?s=t
This is the third time now that I'm having to copy and paste a link to the fucking dictionary in this topic. Do any of you people read? Just like, books and shit. Were books not a part of your school curriculum?
>>
>>728432569
very poor bait 1/10
>>
File: neverending_atheism0.jpg (49KB, 720x545px) Image search: [Google]
neverending_atheism0.jpg
49KB, 720x545px
>>728421122
yip so smart that u even cant define @th3ism
>>
>>728426125
Cut, Print, Where the fuck is he?

Trust me, it's not that I don't or do believe, it's that when I get in a bind I do pray, I pray to whoever the fuck will listen.

Fact is nobody is listening, my life is proof of that, Syria is proof of that, Korea is proof of that.
>>
>>728432647
Can you do me a favor and post a link to your third grade teacher's facebook page? I want to personally tell her that she's an awful teacher and then show her your posts as proof.
>>
>>728431944
I've made no claim in one way or another to who is a true Christian or not, I've pointed out that they're a subset of Christianity. I'm not claiming to know which one is correct or not, just saying that by our knowledge as of today they are not the foundation of the religion.

Further, according to wiki, their theology isn't even Christianity but Primitive Baptist Calvinist, WTFE that may be but it's most likely a, IMO bastardized, type of Christianity.
>>
>>728432890
>Primitive Baptist Calvinist
it falls under the wing of Christianity
>>
>>728432890
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/calvin
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/protestant?s=t
I'm getting really sick of copying and pasting dictionary links.
>>
File: YChristOn4chan.jpg (103KB, 1282x611px) Image search: [Google]
YChristOn4chan.jpg
103KB, 1282x611px
>>
Can't we all just agree that religions are for simple people and move the fuck along?
>>
>>728432871
Look fucking retard, being godlike is not the same as being religious or spiritual gods. That is why I used aliens as examples. They may appear godlike and people may worship them as such but are they fucking gods as in the Biblical God that created the universe?
What started this is the claim that scientology is a religion due to this point.
>>
>>728432194
I'd accept it as a possibly, tho I'd doubt it as it's not probable. I mean, what's stopping you from getting a pink pony in your room? Money? The desire to not own something that will make a good number of people think you're a flamer? The reason that it's illogical to keep your pink pony in your room? The fact that you'd have to first have a pony then make it pink? I mean, how is it not possible that there's a pink pony in your room?

Wait, are pink ponies real? Like, the fur is actually pink or are we just painting it pink?
>>
>>728433131
Just because something is a god doesn't mean it created the universe.
>>
>>728432679

because it gives them responsibility and purpose that they don't want to fail or have to live up too?
>>
>>728422060
fuckin this
>>
no because atheism inst something to believe in it exist.
>>
File: qpHKp.jpg (85KB, 950x675px) Image search: [Google]
qpHKp.jpg
85KB, 950x675px
>>728433285
yeah, purpose.
>>
>>728433226
Forgot: to address the burden of proof notion, the only proof a believer in God can offer is their personal testimony, which most will dismiss because it could be bullshit. I'd ask why so many people are skeptical of others but that'd be foolish. I mean, how do we know God's not real? We don't, because there is no conclusice evidence of it ... unless you already believe.

It makes me think of medical cures, before it's invented there's a lack of knowledge of it's existence, except maybe in the related fields, but just because there's nothing to prove that it's not there doesn't mean we can't make it, so long as it's feasible.
>>
>>728433285
no, because religion is filled with idiots who cannot stand to let other people believe anything different.

People that say stupid shit like "Christianity isn't a religion cause it's true" proof is required to denote something as truth.

or shit like "science is narrow and uninformed" well that's interesting, cause science is actually very broad and very good at explaining things in the world, this statement is the "if I can't explain it clearly god did it" when the reality is if a god does exist, right, science wouldn't harm or help that theory, cause god would build the world to follow science.

"people who are godless are without or against truth" that's an opinion. Pretty sure god would probably side with the atheist that isn't going around being a dick to everybody over the guy telling people how horrible they are for not believing in him.

"not funding dredging flood defences (defenses) so they are flooded" ok, sure but is the flood a test of those people? Explain Syria with this logic then.

"sacrificing a lamb" so what does this all powerful being want with a lamb? And god hasn't asked me to sacrifice a damn thing.

"building blocks of society" blindly doing things to appease a god doesn't make you a good person, doing things because it's right makes you a good person, faking it hurts society.
>>
I find the entire idea of sacrifice to be strange, I mean when you kill the lamb before god and offer it, what happens then?

What do you do with the body? Why didn't god take it and keep it?
>>
>>728433042
If it is under the wing of it, does that mean that it is the same as or an off shoot of?
>>728433071
Again, Protestant is a type of Christianity.

I really don't see how we are in disagreement, care to explain?

I'm not saying it's not Christianity, I'm just claiming it's not entirely Christianity but a version of it. If anything, I'm calling it what it is instead of its overarching category.

It'd be the difference from calling a schnauzer a dog or a schnauzer. There's really no difference except when you start ascribing characteristics to the hole when it's only applicable to the part.
>>
>>728434364
Whole*
>>
>>728421122
Religion in general is just trying to guess what is in a box without being able to open or touch it.
Atheism is just to affirm that there's nothing inside the box.
>>
>>728434327
Gods loved the smell of BBQ ribs which lends the idea that they were physical, probably aliens, and ate the offerings.
>>
>>728422060
some of the dumbest people I know are atheists.
>>
>>728422060
Explain dumb atheists.
What about intelligent theists?

The world isn't as simple as you'd like make it out to be.
>>
File: atheism is a religion.png (193KB, 2672x1348px) Image search: [Google]
atheism is a religion.png
193KB, 2672x1348px
>>728421122
>>
>>728434182
I stated that god = truth, not that believing in god is truthful,

If you can't tell the difference or understand the metaphor of sacrifice in the story then...
>>
>>728421122
Absolutely not. You're just as much of a shiftless cuntflap whether you're trying to convince someone to join a religion or trying to convince someone not to join a religion.

Atheists are just bible salesmen without bibles.
>>
You guys always mix this shit up. Atheism is an absence of belief in god(s), it doesn't imply that you're a gnostic atheist.
>>
>>728422060
>believe in something that you can't prove
>finding a group of same belief and "autistic screeching" about it
>try convice/convert every one you see
>harass people that don't agree with you
>"I'm have truth, because someone with a white coat and glasses told me"

Atheism is the worst religion.
>>
>>728430828
while not explicitly called a god, he is essentially the bringer of life on earth in their belief.

regardless of the existence of a god, religion is a belief system upon faith, with no evidence

Buddhism is considered a religion, they do not worship a god. Buddha is considered a person of virtue like the Dalai Lama, not a diety.
>>
>>728421122
Whoever keeps asking this is stating the question wrong.

Being more intelligent makes you an Atheist.
>>
>>728436577
It's not a religion. The word is literally a-theism. How stupid are you people?
>>
>>728438018
They believe in a sky wizard cmon anon. they're fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1484658856618.jpg (89KB, 1300x863px) Image search: [Google]
1484658856618.jpg
89KB, 1300x863px
>>728421122
Atheism = no believing in fantasy bullshit, if someone show me evidence of god i have no problem to believe too
>>
File: 1491310168689.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491310168689.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>728422060
diz
>>
>>728438287
This

Also, if there was actual evidence of his evidence, I wouldn't even call it a belief at that point.
>>
>>728422541
thats not how it works
you don't have to prove somethings not there
if its real there would be proof of its existence,
its negative until its proven otherwise.
idiot.
>>
>>728421122
Here's a thought. Everyone believe what you want to believe, in whatever capacity you so desire. Just shut the fuck up about it
>>
File: wolfgang_amadeus_mozart.gif (975KB, 1433x927px) Image search: [Google]
wolfgang_amadeus_mozart.gif
975KB, 1433x927px
>>728421122
You're putting the cart before the horse. More intelligent people tend to become atheists. There are studies to back this up.
>>
>>728438520
Citation needed
>>
>>728438502
No. Listening to people try to say there is a fucking invisible man in the sky and that we as a people should abide by his laws that they don't even fucking follow. Fuck those people they should be told how dumb they are and treated like shit for it.
>>
>>728438629
The rule also applies to them. Believe what you want to believe and shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>728438018
Its not a religion by definition, but some treat it like a cult.

When theyre basically evangelizing (again, not by definition) at any opportunity, its hard not to see fanatic atheists as religious nuts.
>>
>>728421122
That image is the epitome of a straw man.
>>
>>728438699
They can't. our money has in god we trust on it because of these fucking morons
>>
>>728433404
fuq, i saw this picture once but cant remember where its from ...
backstory pls
>>
>>728421122
lots of atheists didn't actually think critically about their beliefs and decide to become atheist, many just grew up around atheists.

that being said all the evidence point to agnostic atheism being the correct position.
>>
>>728421122
>hur dur atheism is stupid
>im gonna prove with a meme of exactly what i think atheism is

"beliefs" and "spiritual" and "millions of adherents" dont belong essentially rending half the meme simply untrue

we dont claim our beliefs are "unassailable truth" in fact we are overjoyed when proven wrong because then we get to learn more, and what the fuck does having social groups and philosophers have to do with a religion?
>>
>>728421122
nope intelligence is genetic
>>
>>728422202
>Atheism is a belief, just like any other religion. The absence of belief is agnosticism.
>Be smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to know.

/thread

Sorry he ruined it for all you first year college students who think atheism is intellectual.
>>
File: atheism.jpg (155KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
atheism.jpg
155KB, 800x1236px
>>728422202
looks like you need one of these to explain the difference between claims of belief and claims of knowledge

truth is most atheists are "agnostic atheists", even the acclained dawkins which christians/anti evolutionists (as if evolution and atheism have anything to do with each other) is an agnostic atheist. Most theists however are gnostic theists
>>
>>728439316
I can remember the exact moment I knew god wasn't real. I was sitting in church praying to sky wizard and there was nothing right then and there I knew it was bullshit.

I was 5. It blows me away that grown adults believe in it.
If there is a creator its on a level that we cant even comprehend and he sure as shit hasn't come to visit us.
>>
>>728422454

Zero scientific evidence of this though.
It makes you happier and healthier. Smarter? Eh. Within statistical error.
>>
>>728439509
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

Literally the opposite of belief.
>>
>>728430660
>what spiritual belief do athiests have? the very definition is no belief in god. wtf?
This is why everyone hates atheists. They are too stupid to even understand their position half the time.
>>
>>728421122
Intelligent people are agnostic not atheist
>>
>>728439678
You can train your brain just like your body anon. I fucked off math in High school finished algebra that was it.
At about 30 I got back into it, now I'm into quantum theory and some relativity.
>>
>>728439593
>>728438018
>believe in something that you can't prove
>impling u aren't even more stupid that any other that wizard-cultists
Gnostics in a nutshell.
>>
>>728439911
Read the picture in this >>728439593
Realize why what you just said is silly.
>>
>>728439849
Dumb

>No belief

Right there in simple fucking english
>>
>>728421122
>Beliefs
>Lack of
>>
>>728427488
Hard to be bearable when you are sitting in a room full of idiots that don't apply the same level of evidence to religion as any other claim.
>>
>>728433099
Who read through this and thought it was worth making a screenshot of?
>>
>>728439678
You really are retarded.
>>
I do believe you lack some very basic abilities like critical thinking, logic and reasoning if you still believe in a god in 2017.
In the past it was remotely understandable due to the lack of information and knowledge, but now with the internet at our disposal and constantly expanding knowledge about history and our universe, you're knowingly ignoring proof and facts to maintain your retarded beliefs.
>>
>>728440115
>Dumb
>>No belief
>Right there in simple fucking english
So you have no belief in something that currently has no evidence either way? You know what that is called you child? A FAITH based claim.

Your using semantics and bad logic.
>>
religion=attempt to decrease crime rates, increase peoples self worth, increase productivity etc;this was probably the only way to effectively control peoples behaviour back in time
>>
>>728423971
this
>>
>>728440465
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>728431727
Everyone's results will vary, but if you ask this with a sincere heart, you will be answered. May take seconds, may take years.
>>
>>728421427
Burden of proof much?
>>
>>728434414
And the guy swearing there is something in there keeps dragging the atheist back to take a look, and the atheist just shrugs and asks for evidence. The Theist then proceeds to alienate him from society, ridicule him and tell him western society would fall if the box was empty.
>>
>>728422202
The root word of agnostic is gnostic - which means knowledge. agnosticism is lacking knowledge or not knowing - every different from belief. The vast majority of atheists are agnostic atheist - we know we can't "know" that there is no god, but we don't believe there is.

Be smart enough to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>728439509
see
>>728441117
And feel ashamed of your ignorance.
>>
>>728441164
Hi there, read this image >>728439593
>>
>>728438018
The problem is that many people claim to be a-theistic but in practice they are just anti-deist who then adopt dogmatic behavior that is completely at odds with true a-theistic beliefs.
>>
>>728441164
>>728441228
Sorry I'm an idiot. I read the links backwards.
>>
Saying atheists are all part of a group is like saying everyone who doesn't own a BMW is part of the same group.
>>
>>728439072
I don't know. A reverse img search would probably do it, but every time I see it it breaks my fucking heart, no homo.
>>
>believing in atheism
Lol cool bait, try fishing somewhere else.
Btw what shared spiritual belief? And ive never been to a church of atheism or had morals shoved down my throat. I also don't have an atheist leader or "pope".
>>
>>728425673
Oh look no reply to this post. I guess someone realized their religion was just as retarded as the other ones. Another soul saved!
>>
>>728440792
Again, answered how? Through some mundane event in your life that you choose to label "divine"? Or by an actual voice talking back to me? This is where the lines of evidence blur. Religitards think that they can pray for rain and if it rains then god exists. This is not a basis to determine whether god exists. The evidence would have to be as extraordinary as the claim.
>>
File: 1490293212718.jpg (307KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490293212718.jpg
307KB, 960x960px
>>728422548
>>
File: Brilliant.jpg (51KB, 511x392px) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant.jpg
51KB, 511x392px
Ayyy, you need to read more books. Most popular athiests: Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Chris Hitchens Pic Related etc... they were all AGNOSTIC Atheists.

You have no nuance in your world view. Your whore mother raised you to be a dumb cunt.
>>
>>728442755
My dad has a saying for the way of thinking you criticize.
"You have to stand around for a very long time with your mouth open, before a fried chicken flies into it."
>>
>>728440792
Yeah, that's just a form of self-hypnosis. Have fun fooling yourself.
>>
No. It doesn't. Now fuck off religion fag.
>>
>>728421122
it doesnt, but mostly intelligent people stop believing in fucking fairy tales
>>
File: iqvsreligion.gif (3KB, 327x230px) Image search: [Google]
iqvsreligion.gif
3KB, 327x230px
>>728422060
this
>>
File: IQ_and_theism.png (25KB, 497x320px) Image search: [Google]
IQ_and_theism.png
25KB, 497x320px
>>728435890
maybe learn some stats, you fucking moron

there's always outliers, but the trend is VERY FUCKING CLEAR
>>
>>728421122
No. Holding to a specific belief makes you right or wrong but not more intelligent. I know plenty of stupid atheists and plenty of stupid theists. I also know just as many intelligent atheists as theists.
>>
File: alphamale.jpg (54KB, 435x768px) Image search: [Google]
alphamale.jpg
54KB, 435x768px
>>728421122
Even if it does, it doesn't change the fact that you've done nothing with your life. Lots of people think they're on the same caliber as Dawkins just because they're #atheistmasterrace
>>
>>728438520
Why post Mozart? He was a devout Roman Catholic.
>>
File: 1461853983329s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1461853983329s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
ITT: The pot calling the kettle black
>>
No
But if you read some books.
You will just need to choose the right ones.
>>
>>728428455
name on christian that has done this in a firstworld country
>>
File: IQ-politics-religion.jpg (32KB, 465x746px) Image search: [Google]
IQ-politics-religion.jpg
32KB, 465x746px
>>728445574
>I know some people
do you people even realize how meaningless this comment is?

Why would you think you know a proportionally representative sample of the entire world? That's fucking stupid as hell.
>>
File: 1285187242525.jpg (188KB, 585x443px) Image search: [Google]
1285187242525.jpg
188KB, 585x443px
>>728446879
>they just rape children and murder minorities instead

Christians raped so many kids that IRELAND kicked out the Vatican embassy.
>>
File: 1451794338782.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1451794338782.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>728445185
>>728438372
>>728433345
>>728423452
>>728425888
>>728422135

literally kill yourselves
>>
>>728447665
butthurt religitard spotted
>>
>>728422060
Haha already committing logical fallacies
>>
File: 20090223reckless.png (206KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
20090223reckless.png
206KB, 563x600px
>>728447665
Did you just encourage SIN???

I hope you know you're going to Hell
>>
>>728447665
>>728448046
Samefag.
>>
>>728421122
for fucks sake, you don't believe in atheism, if you "believe" in atheism you quite clearly don't understand it.
People these days are "religiously" atheist, they think it's something that separates them from religious people and makes them inherently better.
Atheism is NOT believing in nothing, it is not believing in something.
>>
I'll bite the bait.

Atheism =/= believing
Now stop
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.