[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the CORRECT way to COOK a STEAK?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 39

File: BE HOENST.jpg (106KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
BE HOENST.jpg
106KB, 600x900px
What is the CORRECT way to COOK a STEAK?
>>
Shoe leather
>>
Medium rare is scientifically the best.
>>
File: The food of the fucking gods.jpg (79KB, 720x513px) Image search: [Google]
The food of the fucking gods.jpg
79KB, 720x513px
>>728137556
Fuck land meat.
>>
Rare of course - or blue.
>>
>>728137556
Raw. Suck it tastes like pussy
>>
>>728137556
that sweet spot between medium and medium well
>>
>>728137556
At home medium rare
At a restaurant I order it rare because it's chronically over cooked
>>
If you ask for medium well or below, I will legitimately consider kicking you out of my backyard before I make a slight joke about it and pretend I never heard you say that.
>>
Boiled in milk until shoe leather
>>
>>728137729
Fuck mercury meat
>>
>>728137976
>>728137729
fuck faggots who don't enjoy both steak and sushi
>>
>>728137936
With a side of jellybeans, raw, obviously
>>
>>728137556
get the surface of meat as dry as possible, heat grapeseed oil until it starts to smoke, sear both sides
>>
we can argue all day about how our steaks are cooked, but if you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight.
>>
Blue
>>
Medium for just a stake and well done for a burger.
Its a matter of opinion and taste too so there is no point in arguing about it,
>>
however the fuck you want to eat it
>>
>>728137556

Whichever way you like it the most.
>>
>>728138069
correctamundo
>>
>>728137556
How about the way that tastes you the most?
>>
>>728137556
The correct way is to not cook at all. All you do is (likely) use up more fossil fuels, and damage the environment by eating meat. Takes a ton more resources to cultivate meat than plants. Additionally, cows are one of the most resource-intensive animals to cultivate. /thread
>>
>>728137556
"cook"
>>
>>728138475

Fuck off, faggot. Men are having a discussion here.
>>
i dont know why people give a shit so much about the fact that certain people like to have their stake cooked well done? i mean you eat your beef burgers n shit fully cooked, nobodies complaining.

mines a medium rare.
>>
Cooked to perfection in a sous vide at 129F then seared on a hot grill, 1 minute per side.
>>
>>728138558
/thread
>>
>>728138615
steak* rip
>>
>>728137556
rare but warm through
>>
>>728137556
with a grill
>>
>>728138558
Feeling masculine through discussions on eating habits sounds pretty sad, buddy. Feeling insecure?
>>
File: 1490292893906.png (129KB, 324x310px) Image search: [Google]
1490292893906.png
129KB, 324x310px
>>728138558
>>
>>728139056
You've lost this one John. Time to go home.
>>
Ok faggots here you go. The perfect steak step by step. Take the steak, best cut you can afford, let come to room temperature, cover liberally in salt and pepper, set aside. Now pan choice. You need one oven safe up to at least 450. On the stove put the pan on med high heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter, and for extra points a bit of garlic, and wait for the pan to heat. When the butter is completely melted and the pan is a stable temp add the steak. Sear on both sides for 2 minutes. Then transfer to the oven for 4 minutes for perfectly cooked medium rare. Easy.
>>
>>728139214
Oh and last step. When you take it out of the oven let it sit on your cutting board for several minutes before serving. That's it.
>>
I like medium rare. Tastes like meat.
>>
>>728138558
It is proven and widely accepted now that there is far too much estrogen present in beef muscle (dairy as well) and is responsible for lowering your testosterone as well as fueling hormone reliant tumors like prostate cancer....so your "men" comment is ironic. The information is out there and easy to access. I recommend every man does it instead of fueling one of the largest killers of men.
I'm not saying you have to be vegan...but the ridiculous amount of meat the western diet has gotten used to is dangerous and responsible (mostly) for the top 2 killers: heat disease and cancer. I'm here to help if you want more info or a good way to start eating more healthy. I'm really not trying to push anything on anyone, it's just a hobby of mine. Call me the /b/ nutrition guy....or something cooler if possible.
btw I'm not the guy you were replying to.
>>
File: didnt read.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
didnt read.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>728139214
>>
File: 2d354316ffb6d539193c2cb947111ac0.gif (1011KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
2d354316ffb6d539193c2cb947111ac0.gif
1011KB, 500x420px
I prefer medium, fight me!
>>
>>728139290
Then slather that bitch with ketchup
>>
>>728139335

Let's see some source for that bullshit.
>>
File: 1491342480248.jpg (34KB, 546x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491342480248.jpg
34KB, 546x480px
>>728139335
what is this cancer i just read
>>
>>728137556

Bone out 450g Sirloin, trim tail and cap, pinch of rock salt, cracked black pepper, sprinkle over meat.

Heat hot plate (gas cooktop) until smoking, pour small amount of high temp oil (rice bran/canola) onto meat.

Place on hot plate, 60 seconds to sear each side, reduce flame, cook each side 4 minutes, remove from heat, rest for 3 minutes.

Perfect rare steak.

Serve with steamed green beans, garlic portobello mushroom and wholegrain seeded mushroom.

Suggested aperitif: Hunter Valley Brewery Sheep Dip Porter or 3 Bears Oatmeal Stout.
>>
>>728137556
medium well fo me pls
>>
>>728139335
>>728139335
>Call me the /b/ nutrition guy....or something cooler if possible.

You are now the /b/ fagtrition guy
>>
That pic is not medium well you fucking piece of shit. Go die in a fire, and take your steak with you so it can cook for a minute longer.
>>
>>728139571

Whole grain seeded mushroom?

Mustard?
>>
>>728139768
seeded mustard is amazing
>>
>>728139335
I haven't heard about the estrogen part, but the parts about too much meat in the American diet and increased risk of heart disease and cancer do sound about right.
>>
>>728139760
/b/ Getting two birds stoned at once.
>>
On a smoking hot flat iron pan. minute and a half per side. Then broiled for 3 minutes per side. Comes out a perfect medium rare, juicy warm and amazing.
>>
>>728139832

Fucking oath it is, especially when it's home made.
>>
>>728139443
It's funny you are asking for sources. I am telling you that this information is WIDELY available. Do you think you are creating a valid argument by saying that? I could care less if you eat meat and die of cancer. There ARE people who want to know how to live healthier and longer, if you aren't one of them, then don't bother yourself. It would take you 30 seconds to find hundreds, if not thousands of reputable articles claiming what I said. It took me many many hours looking up unbiased articles and research (where non one profits from the results) to form my opinion. All I'm doing is sugggesting you do the same if you don't believe me.
I am the LAST person who would ever go vegan....I ate meat of some kind EVERY supper and MOST lunches and breakfasts. I ate pizza EVERY GODDAMN WEEKEND and spent hours figuring out the best way to make burgers and steaks. I was the meat fucking KING. And I let go of all of it because there is a point you get to that you just can't look back when you realize how much you were manipulated into feeding a very very rich industry who cares nothing about you but your money.
You don't have to believe me, but I'm hoping some of you will at least get interested in it enough to go research it. It's a great step towards a healthier and happier life. I CAN promise that.
>>
>>728140174

>no sources

Confirmed for horse shit.
>>
File: Damn Skippy.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Skippy.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
>>728139913
>>
I like to get a caste iron flat pan.
Heat the pan till hot and add some oil ( not much and not olive oil. Rape seed ) let the oil get smokey till you have to open the vents. Add a tablespoon of butter. Let the butter melt in the oil and leave till brown.
At this point youll have alot of smoke but its all g. Grab your steak ( 1 inch, warmed to room temperature, rubbed with cracked pepper and butter) and wack it on its side to seal. After 20 seconds put it down gently (GENTLY). Leave on that side for 1:30 flip and leave on the other side until you see blood on the top. Dispense to grill to finish her up. Voila.
>>
>>728138475
>/threads his own post

back to
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>728137556
Extremely well done with ketchup for dipping
>>
>>728140236
Those sound like the words of a man who doesn't want to face the truth :^)

I'm not that guy you're replying to, by the way.
>>
>>728140482

I'll face the truth when it's posted. Source me up.
>>
>>728140405
Back to your trap threads, buckaroo.
>>
>>728137556
>What is the CORRECT way to COOK a STEAK?
properly, and without adding any prions. prions are scary
>>
>>728139850
The big claim by the meat and dairy industry that the cause of elevated estrogen levels in society are due to things like birth control pills being flushed down the toilet or psycho-social factors....it's all bullshit when you can literally measure the insanely high amounts of estrogen coming from the piss of the many cows that are raised as well as the levels of estrogen in muscle meat and dairy. It's killing us for profit and it worked for a long ass time. They will continue to try to confuse the public by funding research that shows otherwise but it's as simple as seeing who is doing that research and who gains from it. NO ONE is getting rich telling you the negative side of animal protein. NO ONE is getting rich telling you plant based diets are healthier....unless they are selling a book (but even then, they could make a mess more money by trying to sell a book about a diet that is already popular with the masses and fucking loved by most of the western diet eaters: MORE MEAT!) All I want people to do is think about this shit and take a bit of time to look it up, it's incredibly easy and you will see the benefits almost IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>728139714
thats better then what I came up with....so be it! lol
>>
>>728140669
I'd like to hear your opinions on fluoride in tap water.
>>
>>728140669
Step 1. Shut the fuck up
Step 2. KYS faggot
>>
>>728140669
I mean, I don't believe you're wrong. After a quick search I saw some of what you said in my results, and I'm sure more academic sources would say so as well. But people will usually agree with sources that fuel their confirmation bias.
>>
>>728140669
you might be right but i doubt there's a conspiracy
>>
>>728140236
Look, I realize how fucking hard it is to be told that you've been living the wrong way....it's fucking hard to change but once you realize you were lied to and that the difference happens for the better almost immediately and that I can GUARANTEE you that you won't miss meat and dairy....it gets easier.
NO ONE wants to think they were doing wrong and hurting themselves when they were constantly told it was ok. I get that, I was the loudest guy in favor of meat and protein protein protein....fucking naive I was and would say the same stuff you are saying. I no better now and I want to share that information with people and help them. Thats my only goal. If you don't want it then fine, I don't wish you any harm and hope you learn it eventually on your own. Thats it man.
>>
Medium rare might be the best, but so many restaurants fuck it up and cook it too rare so on average medium is best
>>
>>728141145

Your words mean nothing to me, faggot. Provide source or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>728140550
lol look man, I don't care if you don't want to believe. I know the sources and I know the research. I'm not asking you for sources on "why meat is so good for you" lol. I know the difference because I researched it myself. Stop hiding behind this idea that it has to be proven and laid out for you to make it true....that's not the way it is and a crazy rich industry counts on that.
>>
>>728141242
This jerkoff will probably post something from mercola
>>
>>728141286

Unless you can prove your claim, why the fuck are you even responding? Fuck off.
>>
>>728137930
Obviously you can't grill worth shit, then.
>>
Medium/medium rare depending on what sort of steak it is, I hate jelly like pink meat. But I also hate leather
>>
>>728137724
You are scientifically a faggot.
>>
File: Cuts of Beef.jpg (498KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cuts of Beef.jpg
498KB, 1800x1200px
>>728137556
Whatever way you like it. I like a broiled medium rare rib eye.
>>
>>728141022
Ya know what? I TRULY fucking appreciate that you went and did a search. Thats all I ask man and you just did that. Good job /b/rother.
Now with that said, who do you think profits the most from misinformation....once I realized a LOT of what I believed was the result of research and marketing to make the meat/dairy/egg industries bigger and richer, I started worrying about sources for the research and marketing....it's blatantly obvious once you look that way into it. It's fucking maddening and what made me never go back....like I said: I am the LAST person you would ever think would go plant based.....but I did it and am happier now and healthier. I do NOT miss meat and I can't believe I can even fucking type that with the way I was before....it's just the truth and I honestly don't care who believes it. I just enjoy sharing the info I learned and am open to helping anyone who wants to be.
Again, just call me the /b/ nutrition guy (or something more clever and mean lol) ....thats what I want to be for people who want it.
>>
Well done is the best texture
>>
File: al.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
>>728137556
shoe leather please

as al bundy said: "nuke 'em"
>>
>>728141242
Not that guy but people who pretend they can't use the internet because they don't want uncomfortable information gets on my nerves. Go to scholar.google.com and type in the key words of what you wondering. Since you seem completely inept I'll give you some suggestions:

Dairy consumption testosterone
Dairy consumption prostate cancer
Meat consumption sperm count
animal product consumption and mortality
Red meat consumption cancer
Red meat consumption colon cancer
Red meat colorectal cancer
animal product consumption and testosterone
animal product consumption cardiovascular disease

etc.etc.etc, you think you can handle that?
>>
>>728140813
Fact is we are mostly made up of water (something 85% of our brains I believe?) It's the most important nutrient and we neglect it's purity and importance. 5 12oz glasses of clean water is what we all need everyday.
Little known fact: cold water is absorbed faster.
Mineral water is fantastic if it's from a proper source....it provides essential minerals we need like calcium and magnesium etc.
Fluoride added to water is a great ex of how governemnts think: that we will prevent a problem by adding something to the diet (prevent tooth decay i.e.) instead of teaching the masses about proper dental hygeine.
I am not sure on the whole nazi adding fluroide to the water to make the public more docile....I believe it's true but the amounts matter in that case....eaither way, you don't need it for the reason they tell you.
>>
>>728141744
You can talk about this without being so cringe.

>Again, just call me the /b/ nutrition guy (or something more clever and mean lol) ....thats what I want to be for people who want it.

stop.
>>
>>728141990

>I have no source for my bullshit so I'm going to pretend its common knowledge and easy to find

I've seen this shit a dozen times this week alone. Source or kill yourself.
>>
>>728137556
Medium rare, to medium. There should be a tiny amount of blood on the plate when you're done eating.
>>
>>728139335

lol dude. The things that happened to me when I eat raw or undercooked beef. It's like Im on crack booze and red bull. I destroy the party house and it's a great time.

I could be wrong, is there something in the bible that says 'don't eat meat that still has the lifeblood in it/raw meat' and multiple occurrences of 'don't eat shrimp'.

N.Y. Strips, crabs legs. baked potato and malt liquor for dinner tonight mateys!!!
>>
>>728137556
Depends on the quality of the steak.
Personally, I like a good ribeye, rare to medium rare.
>>
>>728142197
I gave you the adress and what you could search for. I won't wipe your ass.
>>
>>728137556
the steak cooks itself
>>
>>728142364

That's cool. I accept your concession of defeat.
>>
File: simpsons lisa26.jpg (19KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons lisa26.jpg
19KB, 384x384px
>>728141990
if you make a claim it's your responsibility to at least provide a link to whatever proof you have

people dont have time to activly seek out information about every claim they come across. it's legit to assume that anyone that cant provide some kind of effort into proving his own case is full of shit

i dont walk up to people on the street, make some absurb claim and then get angry when they dont immediately get out their phones and start googling whatever crap i have thrown in their face
>>
Well done. If I wanted to eat a bloody piece of meat why bother cooking it?
>>
>>728141744
In this day and age where the public is more and more polarized on basically every issue, it's pretty easy to call everything that doesn't agree with a person's views fake, and immediately demand sources. Sure, there's something to be said about the burden of truth, but it doesn't hurt to entertain the opposing view and do some research to see whether there's truth to the opposing claim. I think it's something people have largely forgotten. In regards to the meat industry, I'd be more surprised if the meat industry didn't work to bias views. It's only natural they'll defend their interests even if it involves skewing the data. I've definitely done enough research to know that.
>>
>>728141990

jewgle
>>
>>728142488
to kill the bacteria on the outside
>>
>>728141108
I don't think there is a conspiracy either....it's capitalism at it's best. I choose not to let them provide the vital information that determines my health.
>>
File: homar.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
homar.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>>728142496
like >>728142438 said, nobody has time to constantly "entertain the opposing view"

you have no idea if the person we're talking about has googled 100 claims previously today, yet here you are demanding that he should "entertain" yet another claim.

if 100 previous claims turned out to be bullshit would YOU google the 101st?
>>
>>728142435
>>728142438
I am not making any claims, I don't give a shit about your health. You care, you look. You don't , you don't look. Fuck off.
>>
>>728141370
Because your ignorance is what fuels me. You really believe I have to prove it to you? You will be another statistic and if that's what makes you happy then you don't even need to post things like "source!". Go research it yourself...all I'm doing is telling you that you will find it.
>>
>>728142938

I have no need to entertain your wild fantasies today, kid. Just fuck off already with your bullshit.
>>
>>728142700
Yes. It takes a little work to stay informed, bohoo you have all the worlds information at your finger tips. Cry about it.
>>
File: simpsons marge13.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons marge13.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
>>728142915
the first sign of bullshit is that when someone's answer to "sources please" is "this information is WIDELY available" and nothing else.

the first sign is often correct

source: me
>>
>>728143222
...this is so god damn sad
>>
File: 1484786728946.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1484786728946.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>728142364
Oh my god you are such an idiot. Just fucking end it right now, you simply don't know how to articulate your point correctly and I don't even disagree with most of what you've said. It's simple. Provide. Proof. Links to studies, articles, etc. Google's algorithm doesn't prioritize truth. So if you're not going to provide proof, shut the fuck up.
>>
Medium Rare master race reporting in. Vegan Cucbois have anything more than that. rare is good too, I think the fat sears better with a bit more time though.
>>
File: 1477959506881.jpg (46KB, 390x424px) Image search: [Google]
1477959506881.jpg
46KB, 390x424px
>>728143240
Never said that. I showed you how you could find it in 3 clicks, open the adress, copy the key words, press search, stop being a fucking moron.
>>
>>728143307
Projecting? yes rev those defence mechanisms up.
>>
>>728142700
You aren't wrong. In this day and age information is more widely available than ever, yet bullshit claims are being thrown around at a greater rate than ever. That being said, some claims are pretty easy to shut down as bullshit. For the remaining claims, I'm not saying you have to google all of them, necessarily. However, people these days are incredibly cynical and will aggressively shut down a view that strongly disagrees with theirs. If you don't want to do google something, that's entirely fine. But shutting out a claim entirely also strikes me as a bit cynical. Again, there is much to be said about the burden of truth, but not being handed a source does not mean it's a false claim 100% of the time.
>>
Medium or medium rare with some char on the outside is what I'd call perfect.
>>
>>728143466
retard, moron, poop-ass

Doesn't feel so good, does it?
>>
>>728143307

I know right? People make claims and despite having the entire library of the world's information at their fingertips cannot even back up their claims. It's just embarrassing.
>>
>>728143364
I.never.made.a.fucking.point. I clearly said I am not the other guy making claims, I simply showed where the information could be found.
>>
>>728142496
Yes exactly right. There is actually a term for industry influence on public opinion (for ex on public forums and the comment section of websites) called "astro-turfing"....look it up, you see many cases where they were caught doing this.
One big point along those lines is to see who they astroturf against: it's always something that will hurt their profits with information they want hidden or at least questionable by making others confused.
>>
File: edIPC.jpg (155KB, 561x584px) Image search: [Google]
edIPC.jpg
155KB, 561x584px
blue
>>
>>
File: neat card.jpg (32KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
neat card.jpg
32KB, 500x344px
>>728143595
there's two parties that can google. yes information is easy to access now but the burden of proof will always land on the party that makes a claim.

if you say something and someone asks for facts you should NEVER say something like "go google it" because you immediatly lost all credibility and will never in a million years be respected in the conversation again

imagine two doctors talking and one of them asks where the other heard about the thing he is talking about. of course the doctor won't respond with "go google it".
>>
Oh, you mean iowndoninoersonally prefer my steak cooked? Well, as a child I loved it medium-rare. But these days I fancy it medium well!
I like sawing into tiny bite size pieces
Without much effort. It's my fucking preference
>>
File: 1486253562847.jpg (38KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486253562847.jpg
38KB, 900x900px
ITT : fagtrition guy is so utterly autistic he has reached Samsara and ascended into an other plane of existence where to this day, he still practices the blade and doesn't source his claims
>>
>>728139335
Steaks come from steer (neutered bulls) not cows. Unless they're being basted with estrogen, not likely
>>
>>728143063
oh man thats rich. You think it's a fantasy? Fuck, you are one of the one's afraid to learn that they should change. That's cool, just stop making out that you are in the right when you have no idea....you are even afraid to look it up! lol
>>
>>728143770
And I just told you Google is not reliable when it comes to finding the truth. If you don't know how to read, I can't help you
>>
>>728144026

I'm not afraid of change. I'll gladly embrace any new information that comes my way. Sadly, I haven't seen any of that in this thread, just childish insults.
>>
>>728143364
jesus christ man, are you really this ignorant? You can't be. I did my research, I don't give a fuck if you want to keep living blindly. I'm telling you there's another side to it and you are on the unhealthy side. Do what you want with that. The fact you choose to demand sources means YOU NEED to make yourself believe what I'm saying is untrue so you feel better. Instead, you could use your precious little brain and do what I did and research PROPERLY instead of acting like a child say "why?" to everything. lol good luck man. I truly wish you the best.
>>
>>728137729
that looks tasty
>>
>>728144161
seriously....are you a teenager? Do you honestly think that on top of all the research and digging I did...I have to provide it to you? Man....wake up and do it yourself OR DON'T...no one cares. Stop making it an issue of if someone provides the proof to you. I'm telling you it's real, if you want...then GO FIGURE IT OUT FROM THERE like a big boy. lol c''mon dude, do you get it now?
>>
File: 1485124201542.png (2MB, 1063x708px) Image search: [Google]
1485124201542.png
2MB, 1063x708px
>>728144349
My sides have exited this dimension
>>
>>728137556
lol, americans and their tasteless meat. the only way to get some flavor is to eat it almost rare.
come to argentina my friend, i'll show you a proper asado
>>
>>728144695

You keep using this appeal to authority fallacy like it means shit to me. Anyone can claim to be an expert on an subject at all, but it means fuck all if you can't back up your claims. Serious, just go away already. It's just shameful to watch you do this to yourself.
>>
>>728144010
beef is often injected with hormones (dairy cows in Canada aren't....not sure about the states). On top of that, estrogen is present naturally in the muscle. Not just a female beef thing.
>>
>>728144907
Hey man, if you got some entertainment then great! I think I reached a part of your brain that you will think about this more and look for anything that seems fishy in the info you hear now. That's all. If not, good luck and have a great life.
>>
>>728144922
lol child....

You'll learn that you sometimes have to put a little work in to make yourself more informed. For now though, enjoy your simple life! xo cupcake.
>>
>>728145128
>hwat is burden of prouf
>>
>>728145253

Wow, get a load of this self-inflated cunt.
>>
File: 23318328.jpg (73KB, 465x511px) Image search: [Google]
23318328.jpg
73KB, 465x511px
b-b-but muh reseachs. imma authority on meat being bad for u
>>
>>728145253
>the citations are trivial and have left as an exercise for the reader
>>
File: 250px-384Rayquaza.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-384Rayquaza.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>728145703
*been
commiting sodoku now
>>
I've always liked rare
>>
File: 1482259045550.jpg (235KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482259045550.jpg
235KB, 1024x1024px
american bbq is just sad. meat has no taste, grill works with gas wtf!
>>
>>728137556
Medium-rare but for the past 7 years I have to eat it medium to medium-well or else my gut can't handle it.
>>
>>728146510
Makes me shit too. Don't care medium rare
>>
File: 0WbMfDL.jpg (322KB, 1200x1604px) Image search: [Google]
0WbMfDL.jpg
322KB, 1200x1604px
Rare-medium rare.

Anything more and you might as well eat shit cuts.
>>
I love my meat to be chewy so rare.
>>
>>728137556
medium
>>
>>728141953
>>728138302
>>728138320
>>728138364
>>728138475
You pussies are some fucking pussies
>>
File: IMG_0428.png (156KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.png
156KB, 500x522px
>>728137556
If we are talking temperature wise, most efficient temperature for flavor and consistency would be medium rare, however I prefer my steak rare. Anything above medium is a waste of a good cut of meat. There are certain restaurants that refuse to cook their steaks well done and it's for a reason.
>>
Medium rare is god tier
>>
File: 0405171317-2124x1195.jpg (475KB, 2124x1195px) Image search: [Google]
0405171317-2124x1195.jpg
475KB, 2124x1195px
>>728139214
I'm not comfortable putting that smoking mess of a garlic and ghee filled cast iron skillet into an enclosed space without somehow accidentally starting a fire. I'm paranoid enough just doing this via stovetop

Pic related is NY Strip steak, coated in salt, lightly lathered in ghee, and topped with some ghee/garlic mixture I burnt. Tasted great but I overdid the ghee. Still learning
>>
>>728137930
Lol well aren't you a spastic
>>
>>728147226
You overcooked the steak as well sir.
>>
>>728137930
sounds like you're a touchy little faggot, you probably aren't even popular enough to have a cookout if that's how you treat your guests, their shitty taste or not be damned if you're a dickhead host.
>>
>>728144911

Ha! Ha! Argentina, where your meat is such hot dumpster garbage, you have to completely coat it in salt to throw it on your barbecues.

Enjoy your tough 'meat,' gaucho.
>>
>>728137930
So you will only cook well done steaks for your guests? Wow. I'm sure you're popular with the neighbors.
>>
>>728141619
scientifically, no u
>>
>>728147548
Argentina has some of the best beef in the world. You have no idea what you're blathering about.
>>
>>728137556
the way where the steak isn't still bleeding and is actually cooked you white monsters
>>
>>728147735

I imagine your source for that is the Argentina Council for Dumping Your Shit Beef on The World So Argentinians Don't Have to Choke It Down.
>>
>>728137556
Well done is the only acceptable way. If you like raw meat then you should move to a cave like the homosexual subhuman you are.
>>
>>728147797
God you're such a little girl. Won't eat a steak because there's a little blood? It's fucking beef. If you don't like blood and fat (I'm talking about marbling not gristle) then just don't eat beef at all.
>>
>>728138631
The only one ITT who really knows what's up
>>
File: 0302171957-2124x1195.jpg (765KB, 2124x1195px) Image search: [Google]
0302171957-2124x1195.jpg
765KB, 2124x1195px
>>728147361
I still overcook every time, this is the fourth one I've made. I read it should hit 120F but I guess that's while it's on the cutting board instead of still in the skillet?

Pic related is my second attempt (still overcooked but good)
>>
>>728147548
argentinian beef is considered to be one of the best in the world. Try harder faggot.
>>
>>728147931
I'm from the US, kiddo.
>>
>>728137729
Fuck weebmeat
>>
>>728147992
It does continue to cook after being removed from the heat source for a few minutes. Try taking it out a little earlier and you should get it just about right. Looks good anon, enjoy.
>>
File: 1458062922745.jpg (92KB, 604x426px) Image search: [Google]
1458062922745.jpg
92KB, 604x426px
>>728143881
Nice! He likes natural smelly and bloody ketchup gushing from inside of the meat
he must be a manly men! *tips fedora*
>>
>>728148022

Well then, of course YOU would think argentinian beef is good. I imagine they put the shitty cuts closer to you so they can dump it, and you don't need to wheeze your way off your Rascal.
>>
>>728148334
This rustles my jimmies.
>>
>>728137556
Correct is subjective.
>>
>>728137556
You dont, in fact you eat a live cow. No wasteing it though.
>>
>>728147996

Yes, and technically the worst beef in the world can also advertise itself as one of the best in the world.

No one has to say that out of 148 countries that raise beef, that country is 148th. (Not saying argentinian beef is the worst, I've just had enough of it to know that it's not remotely close to the best.)
>>
>>728148465
How did you know I have a Rascal?
>>
>>728147992
thats not overcooked, its barely even cooked enough. When you cook meat it's not supposed to still be bleeding thats why you cook it.
>>
>>728138615
You eat burgers fully cooked because the cut comes from the ground up portions of the cow. This distributes surface bacteria throughout the meat. Roasts are cooked "all the way through" because they are cooked slow since they are a tougher meat. They tend to be work muscles, and thus would be tough and chewy if cooked too fast.
>>
>>728139214
This is perfect. Well advised.
>>
Bone in or generally thick ribeye- medium rare
Sirloin, ny strip - rare
Filet - rare and hopefully covered with some sauce to actually give this overpriced shit cut some flavor.
>>
>>728148487
but it's the truth
>>
>>728137556
Rare
>>
who fucking cares really, who even eats steak often enough for this to be a discussion? You fags itt must have terrible hearts
>>
>>728149585
It isn't!!! Rare motherfucker!!!
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
>>
>>728149623
subhuman
>>
Knock the horns off and walk it passed a light bulb. if a vet can't revive it it's cooked too much.
>>
File: P1000405 (Large).jpg (332KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P1000405 (Large).jpg
332KB, 1440x1080px
Filet Mignon.
>>
>>728149687
Let me guess you're a eurofag.
>>
>>728137556
Medium rare

-Take a 2" thick cut of steak, preferably ribeye or better.
-preheat oven to 250 with an empty skillet inside as well.
-tenderize steak and season with garlic salt and pepper
-sear each side for only 4 min on a hot charcoal grill.
-place in preheated skillet, and place 1.5 tbsp of butter on top
-bake in oven for 30 min.
-remove and let rest a couple min.

Steak will be cooked absolutely perfect and will be extremely tender and juicy. I don't cook mine any other way.
>>
>>728150114
I get that it's tender and lean, but filet has no flavor! So overpriced and overrated. I'm hungry though so I would eat one of those raw right now with a bit of salt.
>>
>>728150114
Shit tier fillet
>>
>>728137556
Rare med rare
>>
>>728150271
what? shits gold dude. Not your magic cows but damn good.
>>
>>728137556
Medium rare. Cooked enough so that it's not still raw, but is still juicy. Also, I'd put the shoe leather bar at medium well.
>>
>>728141619
Faggots know meat.
>>
10 minutes with a hairdryer on low
>>
>>728150390
Agreed, filet is amazing.

I'm saying the stuff dipicted is about as low quality as you can get
>>
>>728137556
Your isp is now legally allowed to do whatever it wants with your internet browsing data, this is the only way to stop them http://www.deleteip.com
>>
>>728138475
I'm going to hunt you down, break your fingers, and piss in your ass.
>>
File: 1433100884697.png (723KB, 820x602px) Image search: [Google]
1433100884697.png
723KB, 820x602px
>>728150539
Posts again, still makes no sense.
>>
>>728139335
I say we shove your head up your ass and take turns fucking your face.
>>
>>728150932
He's saying those look like poor cuts.
>>
>>728140174
>I could care less
>>
File: 587671819.jpg (12KB, 243x250px) Image search: [Google]
587671819.jpg
12KB, 243x250px
>>728140436
this is the only correct response
>>
>>728141145
Your oversized piercings and neck tattoo are showing, manlet
>>
>>728141286
He's working for the vegetable industry!
>>
>>728139335

now that's a quality shitpost.
>>
File: P1000404 (Large).jpg (344KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P1000404 (Large).jpg
344KB, 1440x1080px
>>728151091
>Filet Mignon
>Poor cut
Pick One
>>
>>728151479
Kek that's not even filet!
>>
>>728141744
How about "shitposting veggie-fag?" I think that's pretty clever and accurate don't you?
>>
>>728151479
It's fine for people who like filet. I personally do not. The only thing filet has going for it is that it's very tender and extremely lean. But it COMPLETELY lacks in flavor. If topped with a blue cheese crust and served over a red wine reduction, yeah that's god tier. But a simply grilled or seared filet is not my cup of tea.
>>
>>728151679
Sure it is.
>>
>>728152121
It's all I buy. Got sick of tough steaks. Most your flavor comes from salt and pepper anyway and this is true of most cuts.
>>
>>728137729
I am with fuckboi over here
>>
>>728137976
Fuck you asshole
>>
File: Steak.jpg (187KB, 1206x617px) Image search: [Google]
Steak.jpg
187KB, 1206x617px
>>728151479
Pic related, a non poor cut
>>
>>728137930
Nah, you won't say shit cause you pussy. You a scared bitch. You don't have cookouts cause you'd be a bitch ass host. I'll flip your grill and coals nigga. Fuck out here with that shit bruh, I swear on mi mum m8, you fok with my beef Wellington, right in the gobber lit o cheeky cunt.
>>
To the no meat eating cuck shit posting earlier.

>do you even bioavailability?
>>
>>728153362
>liquid calories
>tastes bad
>steak tho
>>
File: 1491179014438.jpg (415KB, 1936x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1491179014438.jpg
415KB, 1936x1296px
>>728152892
Yeah, well I'm a Sams Club tier poor fag and their Fillets make me happy. Nothing else matters. Pic not related but makes me happy too.
>>
>>728153583
What's this autistic screeching I'm reading?
>>
>>728145253

lawl great shitpost, got alot of people triggered. My favorite meat is medium rare.
>>
>>728153713
Filet is too lean and way overpriced. If you have an issue with price, buy chuck steak. It's got a good marble but a low price.
>>
>>728153362
How much protein do you think you need each day? What do you think happens to protein once you've fulfilled your body's needs?
>>
>>728153881
LOL, chuck. Tough steak. Those fillets I posted are pretty reasonably priced. They are thick as a MOFO. I buy about a pack a month and a half.
>>
>>728153362
No hemp protein?
>>
>>728154046
1 g/lb of lean body mass proven by many physiological studies, and, depending on carbohydrate intake, will be converted to glucose, via gluconeogenesis in the liver. If calories are at maintenance, then the calories will be burned off. Anything else, kiddo?
>>
You're eating a cow's butt. It's revolting.

Have some brown rice instead.
>>
>>728154230
I'm sure it's on a chart somewhere. I'm not going to put time into finding it, as I find all plant sources inadequate in fulfilling protein needs.
>>
File: 1489977107163.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489977107163.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
The only way
>>
The human body's reaction to eating any meat is inflammation. Similar to when a foreign substance or chemical gets into the body, we respond with a defense mechanism. That alone should give you a hint. Next, what happens when we eat plants? Our immune system is calmed. It's the most nutrient rich per calorie food you can have. Meat lacks ANY vitamin EXCEPT B12.
Heme-iron (iron from aniumal sources) has been shown to be carcinogenic and cause inflammation.
Phosphorus also creates inflammation and is causing damage to blood vessel lining that creates plaque.
Saturated fat (from animal sources) has been proven to raise the risk of heart disease (number one killer) and to cause ectopic lipid accumulation -meaning fat being stored where it shouldn't, namely, the muscle. This causes insulin resistance, prediabetes and type 2 diabetes (our number 6 killer)
The list is endless. I'm laying it out for you to play it out. If you want to know more go research.
All the best, hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>728154712
Top tier quality/ shitpost
>>
>>728152535
Salt and pepper if used correctly accentuates the natural flavor that comes from the fat marbling and blood-rich parts of the cow. I just am not a fan of filet but I see why you like it for sure. Those look like nice big cuts.
>>
>>728154808
Damn, there is so much disinformation in this post. You are indeed a troll.
>>
>>728154808
OH really fucktard? How is it that inuits and eskimos can live on a diet of almost nothing but raw meat?
>>
>>728154046
You are supposed to have 1 gram of protein for every kg of muscle you have

so for a person like me, that is 108kg (at 6'4", with 45% muscle content (18% BF) that means I require at least 48g of protein per day to maintain my form
>>
I eat it straight off the cow's back
>>
>>728137556
Blue rare. Anything above rare is cuckold-tier. Rare is alright.
>>
>>728154351
thats for building, not maintaining, for maintaining it is 1g/kg
>>
>>728154959
lol you tool....prove me wrong kid! source! source! source! lol
holy fuck you need to grow up. I wish you goodluck....you'll stop being ignorant some day...probably on the day you are at the dr office and told you have diabetes or some other chronic disease. You'll remember this conversation. And you will know at that moment you were an ignorant fuck.
>>
i like medium rare - medium well depents on cut
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
33KB, 480x360px
ITT well-done fags pretend to be manly by saying they eat rare meat.

Medium well here.
>>
>>728155052
Damn you must be bird chested toothpick armed fuck
>>
>>728137556
Blue rare
>>
>>728137556
Medium or below it's fresh. If the customer orders above just use the aged out shit
>>
>>728155039
You realize that they had very early onset heart disease and had a low life expectancy....
https://www.forksoverknives.com/extreme-nutrition-the-diet-of-eskimos/
>>
>>728155235
Nah, won't happen because I just got blood work done and I have great blood pressure and my hdl/ldl ratio is epic. Guess what? I eat a pound of meat daily.
>>
Well done with lots of ketchup
>>
>>728155446
Forks over knives is your source? You fucking cuck, the farmer in that film eats meat. Jesus christ this is the most autism I have ever seen on b
>>
>>728155052
that works out to about 13% of your daily cals. Are you telling me you need to eat meat to get the protein required for 48g? You realize there is fucking protein an EVERY food minus most fruits? The argument here is that animal protein (especially when cooked over high heat or because of the chemicals and hormones added) is the problem? That saturated fat from animal products is the problem? Man, this isn't me coming up with this shit, it's been fucking proven for decades.
>>
>>728155323
>bird chested
nah, I'm all legs

I started at 360 lbs and I've been losing weight since then but now I'm starting to build and I'm going slow

My leg muscles are massive but my arms are picking up now
>>
File: FUCKING-DEXTER.jpg (36KB, 240x323px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING-DEXTER.jpg
36KB, 240x323px
>>728139214
>Perfect Steak
>Oven

That's not how spell grilled steak.
>>
>>728155851
Bioavailability from plant proteins are low and incomplete. Try again.
>>
>>728155446
omg, this is hopeless. You are hopeless and I hope you enjoy your early chronic disease.
The article was not made by forks over knives you dumb shit lol.
The farmer in the film ate meat you idiot? lol oh my
>>
>>728137556
Whatever way you enjoy
>Nailed to a fence in a bushfire
>>
Last night a woman ordered her steak med rare, but specificly requested it chared on the outsidea. Anyone heard of this?
>>
>>728155939
You are losing muscle too. Eat more meat or else.
>>
>>728155985
You don't think they use an oven at Mortons or Ruth's Chris?
>>
>>728156063
nope

havent lost a pound of muscle my entire loss cycle

I use an omron scale to make sure my muscle mass stays the same or goes up, but never goes down
>>
>>728156004
Damn, you are really trolling hard. Dude farmed pigs and raised chickens. You are pathetic at this point.
>>
>>728155987
the myth of complete proteins was disproven LONG ago. The originator of the idea wrote in 81 that she was wrong in trying to promote the idea. Even the American Dietetic Association removed all talk of getting complete proteins. As long as you are eating the necessary caloric intake from plants you are fullfilling all protein requirements. Go learn little boy. You have a long way to go.
>>
>>728156124
they use a broiler
>>
>>728156300
But it's not a start to finish grilled steak then is it?
>>
>>728137556
Depending on the slice of beef, rare/medium rare
>>
>>728156222
It only accounts for skeletal muscle. You know the difference, right?
>>
>>728156339
no, they ONLY broil them

it is a flame broiler, but thats all they do

it is a gradient flame, and they move it under the stronger bits to "sear" them

thats all
>>
>>728156253
Lol no it wasnt. This haz me keked so hard
>>
>>728139214
This is 100% accurate.
>>
On an outdoor bbq grill using wood as opposed to gas.
>>
>>728156473
So you are suggesting, that my body allowed me to lose smooth and cardiac muscle without allowing an ounce of skeletal muscle to drop?

guess again

given, overweight people do have significantly larger hearts, but that doesn't mean it would have been a significant loss
>>
>>728137724
the fuck do you mean "scientifically the best" that doesn't tell anyone shit
>>
Well done with ketchup. Any other way makes you a libtard beta cuck.
>>
>>728139214
anyone not following this will let their mother die in her sleep
>>
>>728156740
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Your body goes after muscle sources that it can afford to lose during a protein deficiency and converts them to amino acids to sustain important groups, like skeletal and cardiac groups. Look it up. It's 100% scientific fact. It's why all vegans are skeletor. No muscle on arms or legs. Long term protein deficiency.
>>
>>728156038
Yeah, you sear it just before it gets to med rare so it gets to that point during the char/rest state.
>>
Medium well and well done, savages.
>>
>>728137724
Agreed. All other opinions are objectively wrong on scientific and moral levels.
>>
>>728147226
What you could do then is when you start to pre heat your oven put a second pan in. Then instead of transferring all the butter and everything just move the steak to the second pan and finish it in there
>>
>>728157144
Nice dubs, shit bait.
>>
>>728137976
>mercury meat
kek
>>
>>728157094
Where the fuck did you read that I was a vegan?

do you think I'm the guy that you started arguing with? somebody asked "how much protein do you need" and I said how much is necessary

I'm fairly certain my body would eat away at my massive 21" all muscle calves before it ate away at the rest of me

so NO, I am not protein deficient, and you are an idiot trying to make arguments out of something that isn't there
>>
>>728137556
medium rare is my favorite
>>
>>728154808

https://authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/

Their point in this article is valid that you don't have to eat meat if you don't want to, but in the end, feel free, as almost no correlation can be made that the act of eating meat is tied to poor health.

Fact is, before eating grains and vegetables, like 1.5 million years ago, we were pretty hardcore meat eaters. We did eat some fruits, but generally we did not. Our systems are incapable of digesting cellulose, the most common fiber in plants.

If anything, it could be argued that we aren't meant to eat vegetables. I'm not saying we shouldn't. I'm not some kind of crazy food prophet.

Anyway, too much of anything isn't good for you. I'll enjoy my meat, and I'll eat some for you, just so your sacrifice is rendered pointless.
>>
>>728157669
No one said you were vegan, you autistic fuck. Eating 48 grams of protein at 238 lbs is protein deficient. Your weight loss is going to be muscle with it. It's some human physiology. You are not maintaining a full amino acid pool or a positive nitrogen balance. Deal with it, fag.
>>
>>728158046
I'm done with weight loss, I'm down to my target. it is NOT protein deficient as I'm not losing muscle.
>>
>>728156038

Yes, there are various ways of having your steak, like that - Chicago-style (charred outside, cooked to order inside), Pittsburgh-style (charred outside, always blue inside), etc.
>>
>>728137556
Medium-rare and sauced with deglazed pan-drippings, crème fraîche, and julienned chile pasilla.
>>
Any idiot that says well is a trump voting fag.
>>
>>728158194
This goes back to my previous point. You are a bird chested, toothpick armed, faggot because you would not sustain an athletic build with that low of protein intake.
>>
>>728157873
not reading rest of thread, just gonna assume you're american because of the lack of understanding of basic human anatomy

do you know why human intestines are long, and carnivore intestines aren't? Didn't think so

bye bbe
>>
>>728139571
Salt draws the juices out of the meat unnecessarily and so should be added after cooking.
>>
Medium rare
>>
>>728137729
Sushi is literally for faggots.
>>
>>728158591
Our intestinal tracts are omnivorous.
>>
>>728158505
and as I said before, I am working on my arms, but don't assume that means my arms are small. I'm a fucking steel worker
>>
File: 1373353987776.png (87KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
1373353987776.png
87KB, 257x194px
>>728137556
well done with ketchup of course.
>>
>>728150114
Walmart. Tsktsktsk.
>>
>>728158591

I am not. I'm also not some weird cellulose evangelist trying to convert people who are having none of it.

Fact is, do what you gotta do. No one is listening to you anyway. You certainly aren't raising my ire, and frankly, I feel bad for you, just as I would feel bad for someone who promulgated the idea of 'eat meat, only meat, and nothing but meat.'

You're intolerant.

"STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!" stopped being useful thirty years ago for me when I was 17.
>>
>>728158789
Look up the word "literally." I don't think it means what you think it means.
Captcha: Kobe
>>
>>728158917
They can't grow without sufficient protein, my friend. I just want to help, but I've grown bored and borderline redundant at this point. I wish you the best.
>>
>>728158591
>>728159000
>Samefagging this much
>>
>>728139335
>not trying to push anything on anyone
Yeah, you are. And you're even more of a faggot for claiming you're not. This thread is about how to cook steak, not to advocate eating it every fucking day. And if you only eat it in moderation, you have even more reason not to turn it into shoe leather.

>>728140174
>WIDELY available
Apparently it's not widely available enough for even a single person here to corroborate your claims.
>>
>>728159008
It's exactly for faggots. Any concerns? If so, shove some up your ass.
>>
>>728158932
Found Donald Trump!
>>
>>728159300
I just think you don't know what certain words mean and I cringed watching you embarrass yourself. Just looking out for you, kiddo.
>>
>>728137556
Medium rare, rare if you're pairing it with a sauce
>>
>>728139335
You are absolutely pushing some sort of vegan agenda on all of us. You sound like a member of some health cult. Fuck right the hell off. No one cares.
>>
[Flip]upside-down[/flip]
>>
>>728159226

Say what? No, I..what? How precisely is it that I'm samefagging, when I'm telling the evangelist that he's being intolerant, and that no one is listening to him?

Me, I like steak. No, I LOVE steak. I'm not a one-trick pony, and other than disliking the shitty taste of argentinian beef, I try to incorporate meat into my diet as much as I can.
>>
>>728159661
Super^script
>>
>>728159463
Are you dumb, autistic or just plain fucking retarded? You or your argument make absolutely no sense.
>>
>>728159728
>still rustled by Argentinian beef comments made an hour ago
Seek professional help.
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.