[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is marriage worth it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: 2 - IriwyN2.jpg (91KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2 - IriwyN2.jpg
91KB, 1280x853px
Is marriage worth it?
>>
File: 146771873.jpg (66KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
146771873.jpg
66KB, 500x707px
>>728079165
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (509KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
509KB, 1440x900px
>>728079165
I've never been married so I don't know what it's like. I want to get married in the future to my boyfriend, it's the next big step in our relationship. However I think rushing into marriage isn't good. You need to spend at least 3 - 4 years to get to know each other pretty much in and out. Don't just marry after a couple of months because divorce is very likely when you finally have an argument.
>>
Worth what?
Been in relationship 17 years. married for 10 of them.
>>
>>728079165
marriage is worth it. divorce isn't
>>
>>728079686
Not OP but, how do you get along with your wife / husband? Do you feel happy you made this decision? Tell us something to consider about marriage for those that haven't already
>>
Engaged to be married here. I've fucked around with plenty of girls in my life, i'm a decent looking guy with a good career and stability so that has helped me alot. Met a girl a few years ago that I actually enjoyed being around with and enjoying my free time with. Of course I still want to bang other women (and sometimes I still do) but at the end of the day she's the one that I always want to come home to and she's there to welcome me every single time. It doesn't hurt that she also makes her own money and is financially and mentally stable. So if you want to take out the lovey dubby aspect of it, it makes sense to marry if only for that financial, and life stability that comes with it.

Don't marry a crazy girl. Don't marry someone that is dependent on you or that you are dependent on either.
>>
It's only worth it if you have the right partner. You literally have to have someone you can trust with your most deepest sickest desires and secrets.
>>
>>728079165
>Is marriage worth it?
It's worked so far for me
>>
>>728079165
Marrying a girl, maybe. Those manipulative, materialistic cunts will just cuck you into supplying them with money and children. Find you a real life partner that you could spend a literal eternity with.
>>
>>728079988
>You literally have to have someone you can trust with your most deepest sickest desires and secrets.
Married anon here. This is not necessarily true.

But you do need to find someone who you trust, who trusts you and you are friends with as well as lovers.

Oh, and having kids might kill it
>>
>>728079165
If you find the right person, yes it is.
>>
>>728079165
If by some miracle, you are just about perfect for each other, yes. Statistically, no. Having a marriage that's worth it is like going to Vegas with $20 and coming home with $50 grand or more in cash. It happens, but not too often.
>>
>>728079975
So you cheat on the one girl that you love? You're sick dude if you still want to bang others. I don't think you deserve her
>>728080110
So what, you're saying to have a civil partnership with a dude? Did you know they are more likely to divorce than a straight couple?
>>
>>728079165
Marriage is like putting your balls in a vice someone else controls. Does that sound nice?
>>
>>728079975
Does she know you fuck other women on the side?
>>
>>728080416
In a gay marriage (not a civil union, there's a difference) and sure we have some intense fights sometimes, and go through the whole spectrum of emotion regularly. I find it wholesome and love him so dearly.

If you're worried about divorce, you're likely the weak link to start down the path. Finding that reciprocater for your trust and loyalty is important, because once you're married, finances are hard enough. Gotta make sure you're ready for that transition, and are used to living with them.
>>
>>728079165
Getthelube.com
>>
>>728081026
I don't recognize gay marriage.
>>
>>728079165
Nope, no different to a defacto relationship except the ceremony costs you buttloads of money.
>>
>>728079165

Is an investment with a +50% chance of failure worth it?
>>
>>728081084
Well, when/if you decide to open your mind, maybe you can find true happiness.
>>
>>728079165
Hell yes it is, cause i married a female with good looks, who cooks and cleans, and likes to suck my dick

Protip: marry asian
>>
>>728081483
I've found true happiness already, I have a boyfriend but I'm straight.
>>
>>728081925
What is it that keeps you from not accepting marriage? Oppose the church? Don't want your taxes to benefit by solidifying your bond? Maybe you think it's a cheap overrated ritual?
>>
>>728081483
But dude that's gay. What if my farts never make a noise again and my poops sneak out of my bum?
>>
>>728082025
No, I'm a Roman Catholic -- I accept straight marriage but homosexuality shouldn't be a part of something so sacred. That being said, I don't particularly care about homosexual relationships as I was in one and understand what it can be like.
>>
definitely not worth it, I have wasted my life...

fuck lot of different pussy while you can get it
>>
>>728081587
And why do you need to be married to have that?
I'm in my 17th year with my missus, never married, probably never will.
>>
marriage is totally unnecessary
if you love someone, then calling them your partner and making them a part of your life and daily routine should be enough.
unless you want some of the legal benefits but they're not really worth it.
>>
>>728079165
>Is marriage worth it?
i don't know if you're serious. but if you're serious, the answer is NO.
do not marry. don't question. just trust me.
>>
>>728079165
99% of the time no.
>>
>>728082308
Cause the country im in has no divorce and a prison sentence for adultery.

Im golden
>>
I'll tell you the truth, it is. The best years of my life were when I was married, also the worst years. The best years were because she was by my side, holding a middle finger up to the world and telling it to fuck off right along with me. I was bullied all through my life and she made me feel like I was a human being. The worst parts were all my own fault because I was raised by a bully of a father who treated my mom like dirt so that was the example I had to go by. Now I have a lot of female friends, including my ex, so I never want for female companionship but us older folks who have spent a lot of time alone need to be alone at times to center ourselves. The only thing is don't have kids until you have enough money coming in that you can put half of it in savings or conservative investment each month and still live how you want.
>>
>>728082455
where?
>>
>>728079165
Been married almost 11 years.
Basically you have 2 answers : If you want a stable life with a reason to keep going to work and pay the bills, totally worth it. But if you marry hoping for sex and fun and endless partying with a particular person -no matter how much you love them- don't even get near marriage.

Once you get married the timeline is this for 90% of the people : marriage -> sex -> pregnancy -> baby+diapers -> buy a house -> stay together whether you love each other or not because you have bills and a mortgage to pay, and a kid to raise. At this point love and sex aren't even part of the equation anymore.

Don't fool yourself thinking things will be different for you for some reason, they won't.

Make your choice.
>>
>>728082455
And no defacto laws? where I am I've got the same rights as a married person with none of the costs of actually getting married.
>>
>>728082208
Ah, I hate catholics. No offense. Something about a hierarchy of holier-than-thou humans that are all closer to god than you are. My family made it very apparent that I wasn't close to god, so I embraced that.

Hey but at least you know where we're coming from.
>>
>>728082518
Philippines
Korea has the same laws on the books, but the "no divorce" rule has been ammended.

Not that anon but i know this
>>
>>728082308
>>728082385
These guys aren't wrong, but to answer your question... If you don't marry, it will be less worth it for your taxes in the long run.
>>
>>728082604
So I take it you're not religious? I was raised this way as part of my family and I've embraced it, there is a lot of scum on this Earth and I know that but I think there are also a lot of lost souls that can be changed - doesn't have to be religiously just opening their eyes
>>
>>728082593
>Cost of getting married
Not to sound like a rich faggot, but the wedding didnt cost much. Hell, it was a months pay, and thats it.
>>
>>728082518
Philippines
This guy>>728082655
Called it. Checkd
>>
>>728082736
That's my point though, why would I fork out a months pay for a certificate, a months pay would take me and the missus on an overseas holiday.
>>
been married twice. it never did any good for my sex life
>>
>>728082874
Yea, but i got a nice day, a fucking amazing spread of food, tons of fucking gifts (including a honeymoon) and i made someone i love happy.

It was worth a months pay
>>
>>728082721
No, I'm not, but I usually have a great respect for all religion. Faith is an extremely powerful force, and if it brings people happiness, more power to them.

I've found no reason to believe in a god or creator, so I don't. I like to say that Entropy is my spirit animal. Not an animal, and not even kidding.
>>
>>728079165

No.
>>
>>728082975
Fair call, guess I just got lucky with a missus who isn't inclined to bother with marriage
>>
>>728083139
The problem is (on both our parts) is out views.

I like marriage. You obviously dont. I consider myself lucky i found a woman willing to stay with me forever. you want that safety net of not being bound. And thats fine
>>
>>728079165
depends on the person. if youre hoping the marriage will fix the problems in the relationship then you're buying a 1 way ticket to divorcetown.

if you're already able to mutually handle things as a team and have been through some crisises together then youve probably found yourself a keeper

people who get married just because "they should" or "its time" are usually pretty miserable
>>
>>728083319
I am bound, defacto relationships are covered by the same laws as marriage in Aus, we split up, we split assets and fight over children just like normal.
>>
>>728083319
>>728083769
Basically I'm non religious and see marriage as a religious affair and I didn't want to pay 10-15k the process.
>>
>>728083827
Marriage is done in the DMV and costs about 30 bucks. Ceremonies are expensive and overrated.
>>
>>728079165

I wonder if you could use wedding ring as pussy piercing...
>>
I'm 35 and have always told myself Id never marry but there was one in my late 20's that was batshit crazy but had the most amazing pussy. If she came back I would dump my current gf of five years and marry her in vegas. In a heartbeat.
>>
>>728083901
Yes and when defacto and marriage share the same laws, the one reason to get married is for the celebration or for religious purposes, either way - celebration.
>>
>>728082604

I hope you treat and think same about other religions also who want to keep marriage sacred (Judaism, Islam). Why should we treat Christianity any different than Judaism or Islam? If Jews and Muslims can refuse gay marriage then we should apply the same rules for all religions.

P.S. I'm atheist and I call out hypocrites when I see them.
>>
>>728083940
I have always wondered this too ;DDD
>>
File: drum.gif (496KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
drum.gif
496KB, 360x360px
>>728084290
>I call out hypocrites when I see them.
Anyone religious pretty much then
>>
>>728083827
I see, and understand, what you mean. I hope you have a long and lasting relationship anon
>>
>>728084290
Man reformed Jews don't give a fuck about gay marriage.
>>
>>728084452
Ditto mate - I think long story short, definitions aside we agree that long term relationships are worth it
>>
File: 1461595303272.png (1MB, 994x599px)
1461595303272.png
1MB, 994x599px
>>728079165
sure...

at least you won't go to hell untrained...
>>
>>728084217
Nah I got married because tax breaks. Also, he really wanted to, and I love him and give him my everything.
>>
>>728084550
Yeah must be different in the US, here there is no functional difference, I too get tax breaks for being a family unit.
>>
File: janoy.jpg (14KB, 323x314px)
janoy.jpg
14KB, 323x314px
>>728079165
Umm..Really?!?!?
>>
>>728079165
>She signs a pre-nup
>She agrees that she is to be the Mother and caretaker of your children
>She agrees that what money you earn is yours
>She has no word in your finances or profession
>She asks no questions and makes no assumptions about your involvement with other women outside of the marriage

Under certain circumstances yeah I think marriage is a fine institution and worthy of consideration for any man.
>>
>>728084526
HOLY SHIT! the hot bitch turned into a fat little dog! WTF?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>728080687
Yes
>>
>>728079165
Nope.
>>
>>728084455

No but they don't force Jewish bakers to bake cakes for gay weddings like they forced that one Christian bakery. They don't force Jewish or Muslim institutions to accept abortion like they did to those Catholic nuns couple years ago.

Say what you want but as outsider to all religions I can see how far-left and SJWs treat Christianity differently than Judaism or Islam.
>>
>>728081026
What's the difference between marriage and civil union?
>>
File: 1490730399339.jpg (141KB, 634x804px)
1490730399339.jpg
141KB, 634x804px
>>728079165

No.

It's a fucking scam.

If you love someone, you don't have to get married. Just spend your time with that person instead of forming some infernal bond of bullshit.

-An angry old fart that has access to the internet
>>
>>728085704
In the States Civil Unions were only recognized at the State level so if you get a Civil Union with your partner it won't be recognized in another state, you might not get power of attorney in some situations and if your partner worked for a Federal agency and then died or something you might now be eligible for pension/life insurance policy/whatever benefits.
>>
>>728079165
Depends on the girl
>>
File: beforeandafter.jpg (64KB, 881x281px)
beforeandafter.jpg
64KB, 881x281px
Sure, if you want this
>>
>>728082590
marriage -> vasectomy -> sex -> drugs -> rock and roll -> repeat forever

of course it's more likely marriage -> vasectomy -> sex -> sex -> no baby -> questions -> busted -> no sex -> divorce
>>
I'm in a relationship that is practically marriage, but she is too old to last and already had the family life twice before. I'm having those mid life fears of never really making anything worthwhile, and all I have is fear of all the females I had been fucked over by in the past. Feeling trapped by a great relationship that has no long term fulfillment and dealing with absolute bitches with self serving agendas of getting pregnant and turning into paycheck stealing bitches. I just want my girlfriend in a 20yr olds body. Fuck!
>>
>>728079165
Depends on the girl and depends on you. Marriage isn't for everyone. If either of you is selfish (and most people are) it isn't going to work.
>>
If you're a man - no. If you're a wealthy/successful man - hell the fuck no.

All marriage does is create risk, without really any tangible reward for the man. The woman gets financial security, if she wants to leave him at any time she can get half by default, which since men usually make more means 9 times out of 10 it's women taking men's money, alimoney, child support in divorces. Granted if you want to have kids, you're going to have to take the risk of at least child support depending on the laws where you live, but that at least makes some sense that both parents should have to provide for their offspring. What doesn't make sense is marrying someone, not having kids, and then the wife fucking his best friend, divorcing him, and getting half and alimoney payments to support the "lifestyle she's become accustomed to" because she quit her job and is not "reliant" on the man. It's insane that so many men are still stupid and naive enough to keep falling for this scam. Marriage is a bad idea. It puts you at greater risk financially, makes you lose power and control over the relationship, and your own future, while also creating greater incentive for your wife to divorce you and take half because of the stacked divorce courts. If you're a smart man you'll avoid marriage at all costs, and be skeptical of women you're dating who insist on marriage or try to pressure you into it, especially if you're wealthy.
>>
lack of sex and all the other things people bitch about happening in marriage is more due to kids than a ring and a certificate.

Lived with my girl for 6 years before we got married and been married for 4 now. Nothing changed after we got married and we are both still happy together.

We both care about each other so we dont get into fights trying to score points and be "right"

We keep our finances separate, both earn comparable amounts and just put together for bills etc. So we dont fight over money.

We don't have kids, and dont plan on having them. So we have spare time energy and money to do fun stuff.

We have sex a couple times a week, lately she doesn't ask for it but we both have ups and downs in our libido. She will put out when I ask though and loves anal (as do I)

She puts up with me playing ridiculous amounts of vidya, I made it clear when we first started seeing each other i'm a big gamer and that was never going to change. I try and give her attention but sometimes I neglect her too much and she asks for more. I give it and shes happy enough. I don't think there would be a limit to how much attention she wants though but I definitely do.

She's legit not crazy like a lot of women are. even at that time of the month she knows shes getting emotional and never takes it out on me.

Many times I questioned if I actually love her or just the idea of her. Thats why it took so long before I proposed. The marriage was just for her happiness. Most girls just want their day in the dress like a queen.
>>
>>728087715
Ill never understand alimony in the modern world. Women want equality but they get supported after divorce because they have a vagina? I fully understand child support. Good thing alimony isn't practiced in most countries. Marriage in the US sounds like a minefield of gold diggers.
>>
File: 1371259694332.gif (1MB, 240x180px)
1371259694332.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>728079165
pic related
>>
>>728079975
>Engaged to be married here.
Dumbass

>It doesn't hurt that she also makes her own money and is financially and mentally stable.
For now, once she pops out a kid or two things will be much different. She'll quit her job to manage the kids, she will resent you every day for it, while simultaneously being thrilled at the freedom, because women operate on two separate conflicting levels.

>Don't marry a crazy girl.
Crazy is situational, it varies over time.
>>
File: 1333675442294.jpg (63KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1333675442294.jpg
63KB, 500x460px
>>728080687
Naw, it's a business contract, a really really shitty business contract.

By signing it you have granted her and her offspring nearly unlimited rights to your labor, from the date of signing until such time as she decides to set you free or you are freed by death, whichever comes first. During this time she may enlist the third signatory of the contract to enforce any contractual modifications she wishes, up to an including termination of her contractual obligations and the continuation of yours.
>>
>>728081407
No, but you know the old saying; "a fool and his money are soon parted".
>>
>>728084732
>>She signs a pre-nup
>>She agrees that she is to be the Mother and caretaker of your children
>>She agrees that what money you earn is yours
>>She has no word in your finances or profession
>>She asks no questions and makes no assumptions about your involvement with other women outside of the marriage

She tells the judge she didn't understand what she was signing.
She tells the judge you coerced her into signing.
Pre-nup becomes toilet paper, she gets the kids, the house, the care, 1/2 the assets, none of the debt, and 30% of your income until the kids turn 26.
nopenopenope.jpg
>>
>>728084795
Hot bitches routinely become fat bitches once that ring is on the finger and baby in the belly.
>>
>>728088002
Alimony could almost be called a career field in the US, especially the lifetime alimony states.
>>
>>728079165
if u like losing half your stuff during the divorce, sure... a hooker prolly is gonna be cheaper in the long run
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.