[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in God?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: jjj.jpg (159KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
jjj.jpg
159KB, 1200x675px
Do you believe in God?
>>
We exist in a complex universe with laws, matter, and other shit. To me, that alone proves God to exist. It just makes more seance that none of this exists. Some kind of divine creator or creation.
>>
>>727991562
Do I believe in Allah the fucking swine? Yeah....but I couldn't care less.
>>
>>727991562
I believe in God, and his name is Karl Marx.
>>
>Do you believe in God?

Which one of them?
https://www.rationalresponders.com/a_big_list_of_gods_but_nowhere_near_all_of_them
>>
Could God be a hermaphrodite?
>>
>>727991562
So much points to a god (or some force beyond that defined by physics/math/etc). Just look at how perfectly everything fits together among the apparent chaos. But whatever this force is, or if it is even aware, is impossible to say.

What I don't believe in, and consider a blight on civilization, is religion.
>>
>>727991991
Lucifer nigga
>>
>>727991775
This. Why not nothing?
>>
File: 47911473.jpg (15KB, 297x223px) Image search: [Google]
47911473.jpg
15KB, 297x223px
>>727991991
>>727992085
>>
>>727991562

I believe there's a force beyond our understanding out there.

As for "God"? Fuck no, he's a fiction created by men who are afraid of the dark, who desperately need reassurance that there is something after death.

I came to realize at an early age that all these religions were simply made by people. They're artificial. It's disgusting.

What's worse? Everyone bought into it.

Amen.
>>
>>727992139
Do you hate God so much that you would rather believe in the inconsistent nothingness?
>>
>>727991562
No
>>
>>727992335
I actually hate the idea of God and not God, because God 'in stricto sensu' does not exist.
>>
File: goddelusion.jpg (29KB, 400x609px) Image search: [Google]
goddelusion.jpg
29KB, 400x609px
>>727991562
That question is offensive to a rational mind
>>
>>727991562
Unreservedly yes!
>>
>>727992795
Would you consider the most intelligent man in the world to be rational?
>>
>>727991562
I don't tend believe in stuff that has no evidence to back it up.
Also holy books don't count, they're only proof of religions existing, not actual gods.
I do believe that other people believe though, because I've met religious people.
>>
File: 설현2.jpg (143KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
설현2.jpg
143KB, 1280x905px
if god exists he gave us cancer and war.. but he also gave us korean girls so maybe he's a cool guy?

people that say that god absolutely doesn't exist are idiots though. not saying that it's dumb to say that he doesn't exist, but claiming with absolute authority that he doesnt is fucking idiotic
>>
>>727993182
>evidence
So much of science is theories that are working as far as we can tell.
>>
A God?

No

A Creator?

Yes.

Theres a huge difference, one made us for his own reasons, one made us because of cause and effect
>>
Sure, and he hates us
>>
>>727991562
An almighty god is a dilemma itself imo (plenty theories wont talk about it). Is there a powerfull thinking being somewhere in the universe which can be considered a god by our measures or which comes very close to being almighty? Probability exists, and since our universe is big and old as fuck and still growing its very likely that there is such a being. Somewhere, sometime who knows but every holybook, scroll, tale, song is a myth.
>>
>>727993291
I still prefer the "this is the best we can explain it so far, but we're still working on it" to "why ask any more, god did it.
Also look up the definition for theory when related to science.
>>
>>727993391
that's bullshit, we should worship time then because it's the conduit by which all cause and effect is brought into existence. if we care about cause and effect, there will always be someone behind god and god's god and so on
>>
>>727993271
Have you ever played a vidya game on the hardest setting? Or picked a skill in an RPG because it's not the best one?

Now imagine you're having a game of life, and you choose to be blind. Or die horribly of cancer.

If there is such a thing as god, and our soul is immortal, then 70 years of suffering doesn't really matter when you look at it.

Life is a level. Not the game.
>>
>>727993588
Who said we have to worship it? Time exists yet we dont worship it.

>here will always be someone behind god and god's god

Thats the point isn't it? Thats the difference between God and a creator, God demans that everyone believe him to be omnipotent, while a creator implies that someone or SOMETHING did something that eventually turned to us, and that someone or something also came from SOMETHING

a creator doesn't have to be a deity or whatever, it can be the smallest of bacterias or the biggest of explosions
>>
>>727993760
the point of religion isn't to recognize that god exists though, it exists to worship god.. im just saying that their rationale is inconsistent
>>
>>727991562
no

we created god. god did not create us
>>
>>727993902
dude where in my post did I mention religion?
>>
>>727993976
kys
>>
>>727991775

This, however I don't worship it or believe in a any of the religious gods
>>
>>727993291
>>727993568
Also those theories are based on what we can observe and predict. I'm not claiming to know if god exists or not, but I don't see anything backing up the notion of a omnipotent, omniscient creator.
>>
File: zdzisław_beksinski_26.jpg (91KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
zdzisław_beksinski_26.jpg
91KB, 597x600px
>>727991562
I do believe there is a GOD
we dont know his name nor his intentions

My everyday life synchronicity is the way he talks to me

my brain cannot understand beyond his existence is about reality any other human invention like religion is just baby games of what this really means , whats on the other side of vacuum
>>
I don't understand the rationale behind the idea of a creator simply because the universe appears complex.

It seems to me like the product of approaching the formation of the universe as religions do, that is observing the world around you and diving that the laws and circumatances that led to the current state of that world must have been designed in order to produce that exact outcome.

The more logical way to view this is to consider first the laws and circumstances that govern the progression of the universe and then theorise how the current situation came of those laws. A nice thought experiment is to go significantly back in time and change one parameter slightly, the difference can be immense or very tiny.

The point is that given the inconcievable time that has passed since the beggining of the universe it is not surprising that great complexity has arisen on what is realisitcally a small scale compared to the universe as a whole.

Another consideration is that the natural Earth around us that most people can agree is a beautiful and enthralling place is open to our own perception. It is through the evolution of our human senses that this beatiful perception appeared to us for a variety of reasons. The sight alone is merely a deliberately varied and contrasting interpretation of the specific spectrum of EM radiation emmited by our star due to its particular temperature range.
>>
>>727991562
I believe in Kira.
>>
god is all there is
>>
There is no God or a Creator.

Only necessity
>>
>>727994322
necessity is god
>>
>>727994387
then he is created due to necessity.

a necessity for order
>>
>>727994521
god is order
>>
File: hero.jpg (100KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
100KB, 709x709px
>>727991562
Yes.

I even entered a seminary to become a priest.

Turns out they were all closeted gays and didn't accept a naturally straight male between them. (probably they didn't actually have gay sex, but clearly their attitude was gay; once one of my superiors told us about his night dreams about homoerotic things - everyone but me giggled with lust, and he surely decided I had to be destroyed).

There were unironically "couples" between them, and after two years - when they got definitely sure I wasn't fitting in - they told me I wasn't good at dialogue, and shit even shittier than that. Basically they dismissed me without any reason.

I tried other religious communities, but every fucking time the priest in charge of the vocations was a closeted gay firmly willing to accept only faggots who cheer him.

After being dismissed four fucking times I can't get accepted in any seminary or congregation anymore. Even those who consider me, when reading the absurdly vague profiles written by those priests about me, they think something smelling fishy and dismiss me.
>>
>>727991775
>We exist in a complex universe with laws, matter, and other shit. To me, that alone proves God to exist.
Complex Universe ≠ God did it
>>
>>727991562
Depends on your definition of God
>>
>>727991562
No. Life is The Universe observing and experiencing itself.
>>
>>727996062
They stumble on the whole chaos turning into complexity thing.
But in a universe with natural laws like the ones we observe, it's bound to happen somewhere.
>>
Technically any being physically and mentally superior to humans could be considered a god.
So yes.
>>
>>727996347
lol no.
>>
File: 1465348852969.jpg (216KB, 740x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465348852969.jpg
216KB, 740x1024px
Panentheist here.
Yes, God exists, we're It, we're looking at It, and It's as unfathomable and utterly alien to us as your conscience is to one of your cell. If there is a grand scheme here, we are as capable of understanding it as one of your cell is capable of understanding what is your drive and purpose in life.
>>
>>727992335
My brother hates God :/

I would die for my brother, as well as the rest of my friends and family. I'm a fallen angel.
>>
File: 355526_15.jpg (12KB, 300x430px) Image search: [Google]
355526_15.jpg
12KB, 300x430px
What do you guys think happens after you die?

I think you simply shut down and ZZZ forever.
>>
>>727991562
just the the thread i was looking for to reaffirm my beliefs.

yes i do believe in god.
but do not engage in organized religion.
>>
>>727996516
Kek you wouldn't say that to Frieza or some shit.
>>
Can't prove there is one and can't prove there isn't one.

Couldn't care less and I'm not going to pay church-taxes.
>>
>>727996536
damn my head hurts and i feel so insecure
>>
>>727996564
I think the afterlife is like the shinigami realm from death note
>>
>>727996666
Nice digits.
>>
>>727996536
do you believe its organized?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.