[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think god is real? curious on your guys opinions

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 21

File: 220px-Hoag's_object.jpg (8KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Hoag's_object.jpg
8KB, 220x215px
Do you guys think god is real? curious on your guys opinions on the universe. Where the fuck did we come from?
>>
>>727607643
It sounds silly, but I think imo "God" is not real. Jesus might of been a real man I don't see why only he is able to possess such power and not stick around. Why'd he want us to read his journal. Why couldn't he show us in person or guide us so we can believe it, instead of having faith. As far as how space was created I'd love to know. And I know it's there I can see it
>>
File: wR2yOcL.png (220KB, 440x575px) Image search: [Google]
wR2yOcL.png
220KB, 440x575px
We came from the Big Bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1afJckM5Xco
>>
>>727608192

Inside Hoag's Object is another Hoag's object. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>727607643
All the Gods that people pray to are 100% real.. but they are not Gods. They are either Aliens or energy forces that when prayed to will generate wishes and blessings.

No I am not making this up.

Hindus, Catholics - they all receive blessings and cures if they pray to their Saints and Gods and Satanists, Pagans also receive feedback because our universe is made up of energy forces.

Of course no one here is going to believe me and call me crazy... sorry for trying to understand how miracles happen to Catholics, Hindus, Christians, Pagans despite them all praying to different entities - obviously the true answer is that there is something more powerful that helps explain why so many faiths exist not because of brainwashing but rather because energies attract people to certain faiths.
>>
>>727608192
yeah its insane to think about what could be out there. Im not sure if god is real but our world is so intricate that i think it could be a possibility. I definately don't think any of the religions we have are real, they feel man made to me.
>>
I dont believe any human interpretation of god is true. God may or may not be real but it is certaintly beyond human understanding and certainty doesn't give a fuck about humans, we're just a speck of dust in the fabric of time and the large universe.
>>
>>727607643

We come from what came before our existence. Nothing.
>>
op here, do you guys think in any way that psychedelics helped us evolve? They show some intricate shit and I feel like they help us advance.
>>
>>727608192
> might of

People who type this are proof that there is no God.
>>
>>727608582
I believe you
>>
>>727609033
Thank :)
>>
>>727608582
> understand how miracles happen

I'll save you some time. They don't.
>>
>>727608937
What if there's more to tripping than we think? Shamans used to trip to communicate with the gods, what if that's what psychedelics are for?

I haven't tripped myself, but I want to
>>
>>727608756
This dude kind of gets it. Labels for your beliefs are stupid, but welcome to the agnostic club
>>
>>727608480
Give me facts, you really believe at one time one man roamed this Earth who was immortal? So when he woke up or was resurrected where did he go? Heaven? If Jesus loves us so much why would he make bad people suffer in hail. Can your soul actually feel anything? Where exactly is heaven located?
>>
>>727609285
tripping is some pretty fun and introspective stuff. I've done dmt, and i have a lot of friends who think that the dmt world is somewhere we go in death, but it seems a little crazy to me
>>
>>727608582
Here's a secret m80 the universe is made of order and chaos where order is chaos taken form. The quantum nature of reality is that anything is possible and everything is in superposition with itself happening, so if you pray long enough for something it will probably be rewarded to you it depends on the magnitude of the wish vs how much energy you put into it. The universe believes in balance so if you pray for 100 million dollars then you need to put 100 million dollars worth of energy into your desire. Or win the lottery. Point being no matter what entity you pray too what's actually happening is the universe the responding to the energy input you send it, this can trick simpletons into believing in God.
>>
>>727607643
Why do people believe large,terrible,far away things they can see are proof godexists
>>
>>727609285
Bud, wait till college. Your brain hasn't physically stopped growing yet, so 'tripping' might actually fuck you up permanantly. At least wait till you are around 20
>>
File: 1474037800716.jpg (79KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1474037800716.jpg
79KB, 1080x1920px
>>727608826
"Can there be absolute nothingness" is really 2 separate questions I would think, as follows:

1- First, can there ever have been absolute nothingness, i.e. if there had never been a universe the way we know it to begin with, and
2- Given that something now exists, or equivalently has existed at some point, can it ever be that full nothingness can re-establish itself at some point.

Tackling question number 2 first - There is no credible mechanism for full dissipation of what is (at any arbitrary point in time when something happens to be).
The only way to reach full nothingness would be to dilute everything to a fully vanishing point, but then because of infinitesimal residuals all the conditions extant to create at least one element term of the Heisenberg equation would be there - thus immediately giving rise to quantum foam, which would by definition not be pure nothingness. It's too late for pure nothingness to ever exist

Which leads us to the first question: Could there ever have been full nothingness.

Pure abstract mathematics however demonstrates that the Heisenberg relationship is inescapable in any universe, including a void universe (its ensemble of conjugate attributes being a perhaps infinite collection of 2-element sets). Heisenberg will however always give rise to 'quantum foam' - i.e., to something.

Therefore the question can be equivalently reformulated as : Can it be that abstract mathematics cannot exist independently of some material support.
Or equivalently: Can it be that abstract mathematics is not fully abstract. This seems to be a logical inconsistency, and therefore it must be answered in the negative.
Therefore, going back up the chain, we can safely conclude that pure nothingness cannot possibly exist.

Our Universe may be regarded as experimental proof
>>
>>727607643
it's just a computer program fuck
>>
op here I just think its crazy that we have these natural growing psychedelics that help us change stuff in our lives. I believe that they are tools and why are they here?
>>
>>727608480
You mean Ring Galaxy Anon
Hoag's Object is just the name of this one.
>>
>>727609455
You fascinate me. It sounds like all you know about Jesus you have learned from movies, and that's fucking awesome.
>>
>>727607643
Meh. If he is, cool. If he's not, cool.
>>
File: IMG_0503.jpg (56KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0503.jpg
56KB, 500x335px
>>727607643
Well there is a god, but is it really a god in the way we define god? No probably not. The more logical answer is that we are living in a simulation. And if it's humans in the future so be it, if it's aliens whatever. It is what it is.
>>
I have a christian friend, but I feel like if a god is real he really wouldnt give a fuck about sin. It would just be petty human affairs
>>
Believe nothing,
"No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense."

Jimmy Carr
>>
one dime I jacked off on an armadillo in the woods, thats my closest experience with god
>>
God doesn't exist. If God made everything, who made God?

Omniscience doesn't exist. By definition, God knows everything there is to know and He/She can do everything. So, then if I, a mere mortal challenge God to create information he did not know, what then? If God, knows everything how can he not know something? If he can do anything, why can't he do this?

Omniscience is just a paradox.
Now, assuming there is a God , and he isn't omniscient. If he knows everything but can't do everything, how did he create the world? If he can do anything but doesn't know anything, how did he create the world?

See, God does not exist.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170218-084256~2.png (306KB, 765x981px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170218-084256~2.png
306KB, 765x981px
>>727609993

I've never seen trips before, what are the chances of that??? :o
>>
>>727609804
>living in a simulation
Unlikely, but interesting. Tesla keeps saying we do, but most people educated on the topic disagree
>>
>>727609804
/Thread
>>
How can nothing come from nothing? Can someone explain this too me haven't found any good sources
>>
>>727610246
/Not thread
Hypothesis makes no sense
>>
>>727610100
so out of nothing came everything....right....just like it says in the...
>>
File: 1471153570130.jpg (314KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471153570130.jpg
314KB, 900x1200px
>>727609680
This is very plausible.
>>
>>727610374
It does.
>>
File: 1466662487790.jpg (73KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1466662487790.jpg
73KB, 604x604px
>>727609804
I was thinking about this at work today.
>>
>>727610325
>>727610436

define "Nothing"

Physicists use a different definition of nothing than common people so.

That's like saying because New York exists in reality and Spider-man, Spider-man must be accurate.

>>727610590
Not according to the people who study it.
>>
>>727609650
>Our Universe may be regarded as experimental proof
/subjective
>>
>>727610325

"nothing" doesn't exist.
>>
>>727610698

That's exactly why I said MAY be.
>>
>>727609804
if we are living in a simulation how was life created by the beings running the simulation?
>>
op here im high af its hard for me to comprehend this shit lmao
>>
>>727610684
If you are using Einsten's equation nothing could have existed at all. empty space empty matter a void attracts what with theoretical gravity. the absence of matter will create no theoretical gravity. hence bing bang should not have happened at all... honestly why should it have?
>>
File: one with all.jpg (70KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
one with all.jpg
70KB, 720x720px
Pretty sure god =/= the universe.

everything is made of the same stuff (atoms)

we are conscious bits of the universe attempting to better understand itself.

I kind of see the universe as one big organism, with humans being comparable to cells in a body. All individual, but all with different functions and part of a bigger whole.
>>
>>727610734
thats some deep shit anon
>>
>>727610100
I think this too often
>>
>>727609734
I'm asking simple questions, why do you not answer them? When did God provide Jesus the power to do what the Bible said he did. If it was later in his life did Jesus talk to God in person or he prayed like the religious people do so they can communicate with Jesus. If he was born with the power when did he know he was capable of performing miracles? Is God gone and only Jesus is in heaven or are they both there? Has anybody saw the face of God? Why are there no pictures of Jesus?
>>
>>727610100
Who create god? And who create the creator of his father?
>>
>>727610893
Big question mark. I really think of that too often
>>
>>727611003

All you've ever known is the reality that you're experiencing right this second. You don't remember what it was like to "not exist" before your current existence, you weren't aware to experience the nothingness that we came out of.

That alone means that you won't ever experience your nonexistence, you can only experience being, hence what we are doing right now, and always will be doing.

That's just my belief.
>>
>>727610100
and yet everything you can account for since the beginning of your existence and everything anyone anywhere can account for was made by another thinking purposeful feeling planning human being. And yet here you are telling us that for no reason, nothing saw fit to create a singularity with several universal masses in an area smaller than a meson, planting this impossible thing in the realm of then never was causing the infinitesimally small quanta to expand 10 to the exponent 32 times greater than a fraction of an instant or tens of millions of times faster than warp 9.75.
Only to have this magical stuff for reasons unfathomable decidedly slows down to mix particles so it creates black matter and then the created bits engages in mutual assured destruction as the particles and anti particles battles for supremacy. Only to have the surviving particles create dark energy so as not ot congeal back into a singularity.
And don't get me started on on the belief that an anino acid molecule self created and chose correctly consectuively unto Proteins and even further, unto life, 20 let handed molecules; that's it chose correctly, consecutively without making one errror, billions of left handed molecules unto DNA and finally life.
And don't get me started about evolution and the strange and abhorrent, allele frequency.
You're to provide proof of first the big bang, as it happened and you're to provide proof of the singularity expanding a trillion times greater than light, and you're to provide evidence, that's testable observable recreate able proof as to why another big bang hasn't seeing as how the first big bang happened without warning or provocation, what's preventing another one? your response has to be testable observable recreate able proof. And you're to provide proof of the amino acid self creating and choosing correctly 20 left handed molecules unto Proteins and onward, consecutively, onto DNA.
>>
>>727610946
You don't understand basic physics, let alone the complex concepts behind "nothing."

You understand that the Universe was so fundamentally different before it expanded that out current physics can't truly interpret it?
Some models predict that "nothing" is the idea state to form universes in the first place, though they may not be probable.

Read Kraus and branch out from there if you are interested in the physics. It is mind boggling.
>>
>>727611478
And let's say there is a god - how the fuck did he get created? tbh this is fucking crazy as fuck to consider. whatever the truth is, whether it be god, the big bang, simulation, it was once created out of nothing. HOW NIGGA
>>
>>727611501

Just to add, if the nothingness that we are supposedly going into after death is to be permanent, then why did we come out of "nothingness" this time?

If it's there, it's not forever.
>>
File: 1490978429808s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1490978429808s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>727610977
Deep
>>
>>727611312
More people believe in "aliens" than using common sense, to think of how detailed DNA is. Believing in probability is basically like smashing numbers against what is basically a more reasonable theory.
>>
>>727611502
>testable observable recreate able proof
It doesn't have to be repeatable.
The rest of this paragraph makes so little sense responding is a waste of space-time
>>
AIDS will degenerate your body's immune system to the point that naturally occurring bacteria will kill you. god will condemn you for wearing mismatched garments. you decide
>>
>>727611508
The fact they can't explain why moonlight is colder than its shadow still confuses me. physics? theoretical physics don't explain anything. Laws of thermodynamics do. look at star in a jar or buy your own telescope.
>>
>>727607643

Of course OP there is a grand designer. The very fact life exists in the universe means that our reality is by design.

Life of course is just life and we play are part in the universe whilst our bodies dont fail us. What happens when we die? Well i suspecy we are thanked for our contribution and live out our existence forever in another plane happily awaiting our families to join us.
>>
>>727612340

>The very fact life exists in the universe means that our reality is by design

Got any source?
>>
To answer that first we have to examine the philosophical reasoning behind it. "Forever" is physically impossible of existing as it requires that there was no beginning but for the universe to exist a beginning must have existed. Nothing can come from nothing and "nothing" is also incapable of existing just like forever, but for the universe to have had a beginning nothing would have had to exist first. These paradoxes obviously make the existence of the universe impossible, we have to assume there's a higher power or at very least a natural energy that's in or is the universe that made the impossible possible and simply always existed and set the Big Bang and formation of planets in motion. That doesn't mean any of earth's established religions are correct, just means that there is some form of a higher power out there
>>
>>727611768
How about we became from"nothing", and if we die, We will came back from "nothing"? How bout dat?
>>
I think people are the components of the material world that, being self-aware, and by default inquisitive about the universe/cosmos around us, strive to find meaning in it all.

Spirituality is a construct of humanity.
You can't with 100% certainty prove that 'God' exists.
Nor can you with 100% certainty prove that s/he doesn't.
'God' is a construct of mankind, and the society it hails from.

If people want to gain comfort in believing in God, then by all means, I'm happy for them.
If people don't wish to believe in God, then by all means, I'm happy for them, too.

Just don't try to shove either opinion down my proverbial theological throat, 'cause that just ticks me off.
>>
The idea of god is perfect
I am not perfect
-------
My idea of god did not come from me

The idea of god is perfect
Perfect ideas must be caused by perfect substances
------------
God is the cause of my idea of a god
>>
>>727612460

Basically that, yes.

Regardless, you won't be able to experience your nonexistence, you will only experience reality.
>>
>>727611837
Because you and your atheist sycophants, has only ever relied conjecture, make believe and hypothesis. Admit it, you intolerable atheist, admit that in lieu of proof you've only ever used never to be proven repetitive, fantasies. Prove me wrong, show us the evdence, provide testable, observable, proof.
>>
>>727612423
... if you have to ask that question, you are not aware of life itself.
>>
>>727612435
but what created the higher power that created the universe? that just opens up the same paradoxes again
>>
>>727612733

That's not how it works. You said for certain that just because we exist, it had to be due to a creator.

Post your sources that back up what you say. I can promise you that you won't.
>>
>>727612768
That's what I'm saying anon, the fact that anything exists is one big paradox. Seeing as the universe does exist the only explanation is that something simply always existed and at some point created the universe as we know it
>>
>>727611970
>The fact they can't explain why moonlight is colder than its shadow still confuses me

Long story shory: Radiative cooling. It's not moonlight but rather the atmosphere that cools objects, which radiate heat. Being in shade allows one to be "insulated" against less of the atmosphere and thus will radiate less heat. It's weird, but that's kinda how it works.

I don't have a degree in physics btw. I just focused in it.
>>
>>727612984

>only explanation is that something simply always existed and at some point created the universe as we know it

Possibly, or maybe the universe has always been without divine intervention.

We won't know for certain in our lifetime.
>>
>>727612984
Oh I see. yeah this is some really truly crazy stuff. like what the fuck man we can't even solve it, there is absolutely no way ever to figure it out. damn
>>
>>727607643
We came from the same place rain comes from. I mean nature just kinda makes rain fall according to certain conditions, and life appears in the same system under certain conditions. It's not hard to understand.
>>
>>727607643
You came from your mother's vagina, dumb ass.

God, government education is shit.
>>
>>727613171
I got in some deep thinking shit a few years ago and tried to wrap my brain around the concept of forever any it's bugged me ever since. Shit hurts my head
>>
I certainly do. There is just way too much evidence for him not to.

Look at the life of Jesus and the evidence (mountains of it) surrounding his death and resurrection. No other religion comes close to offering the "proof" you desire.

I'm not on here to prove God's existence, but it is WAY more plausible than atheists would lead you to believe. No atheist has been able to convince me that god might not be real, but there is tons of intriguing evidence to the contrary. Do your own research, you'll be very surprised.
>>
>>727613232

You don't think big, do you? Unless you always think about your moms vag.
>>
We humans will come to a point where we realize that we have to create the universe.
Creating the universe will create a room for our past. From there we will design one of infinite timeliness.
>>
>>727613352
but all the proof is just "lots of people believe it and its written in a book" seasoned with a little boyfucking
>>
>>727607643
We are literally an evolutionary cocktail. Was intelligent design involved? Maybe.
>>
>>727613122
That still requires the universe to be sentient to some degree filling the position of a god, or if you prefer to think of it this way there's a naturally set chain of destiny throughout the universe that caused life to come into existence
>>
We're just animals man, and shit just happens. Anyone who tells you anything else is just trying too bullshit you.
>>
>>727613435
Nothin wrong with a little boyfuckin every now and than
>>
>>727612435
This
>>
>>727613620
well maybe heh heh heh but shhhhhhh we should talk about it
>>
>>727613352

I have done my research.

Everything I've ever read on that subject (especially the Bible) led me to believe there is no god, not one that is made up here on earth, anyway.
>>
>>727613435
It warms my heart to hear you say that.

I'm being serious, I love listening to atheist's arguments. The rabbit hole never goes very deep with you guys.
>>
>>727612706
What on earth are you saying?
You have to prove there is a god. You are making the claim. Atheists are saying that you need to prove it before they will believe in it.

>>727613352
> evidence (mountains of it) surrounding his death and resurrection.

There is no proof that Jesus resurrected. Currently there is no surviving evidence that confirms Jesus. Many historians think a Jesus, who would not have been like the mythical biblical Jesus existed, but can't yet prove it.

>No atheist has been able to convince me that god might not be real

They can't. You have to prove that there is a deity. You are making the claim, you have to back it up. Also, evidence doesn't and can't prove supernatural entities.
>>
File: IMG_5803.jpg (105KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5803.jpg
105KB, 960x960px
>>727607643
Our universe is a computer program
>>
File: boirthhh.jpg (30KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
boirthhh.jpg
30KB, 317x400px
>>727613527
>That still requires the universe to be sentient to some degree

It's funny you say that, because the universe has a similar structure to brain cells. It's hard to say what it means though. Maybe it's some sort of living being or has self awareness. Who knows.
>>
I mean... does it matter? Of course you are curious, everyone is. But, the only thing you can pretty much do is trust yourself and experience the world as it is. Instead of deductively making theories, how about inductively experiencing this world. Makes life interesting I think.
>>
>>727613710
I'm glad you did, most people do not make it far enough to do research.

Far be it from to convince you, but everything I have ever read about the subject has given me more than ample satisfaction that what I believe is plausible. I have no ill will toward people of differing opinions, only those who claim to "know" without lifting a finger.
>>
if god's real then he's a fag and i'm gonna tell him that too
>>
>>727614024
this nigga right here
>>
File: 1490408225376.jpg (59KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1490408225376.jpg
59KB, 500x667px
The evolution of sentience was a cruel accident perpetrated by blind forces. Amuse yourself in the void if you want, but don’t fool yourself into thinking there’s a purpose to anything that happens.
>>
>>727607643
First, you need to specify which god. Thousands have been fabricated. Which one are you asking about?
>>
I'm a closetted muslim, i'm a diest in actuality, i believe there is a great deity, but not in heaven, or hell or that muhammad recieved his
so called revelations, i think he was shizo and went i bring this up to my muslim best friends its really hard arguing, even after debunking their stupid miracles. its hard.

no one can prove if there is a god or not.
>>
File: 1490639092724.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490639092724.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>>727610977
>>
File: 35e.png (301KB, 492x463px) Image search: [Google]
35e.png
301KB, 492x463px
>>727613667
>>
>>727613782
>There is no proof that Jesus resurrected

See >You are making the claim, you have to back it up
>>
>>727614254
of course there's a god my man, nature couldn't make something as perfect as my dick
>>
>>727614329

but ofcourse!
>>
>>727607643
high unlikely op. From what i gather the idea of god is just a thought that humans had and made up. The truth is no one actually knows what the hell is going on or how we got here. That is why every culture has different ideas about this subject.
>>
there's probably a god and jesus is probably his son but jesus never came back. i think maybe its because he got distracted by something, maybe he got his fingers caught in one of those finger traps and he's embarassed
>>
>>727614024

What do you think about all the atrocities an all loving and knowing god allows to happen here on Earth? To his children, no less.
>>
>>727613782
What if god were so self-evident that Christians need not prove that he is real, but the burden of proof actually lay on the atheist to prove that he's not there?

In other words, why do I have to prove to you that my parents exist? I already know that they do, the burden of proof lies on you in claiming that they do not.
>>
>>727614327
gimme dat proof because i wanna KNOW
>>
>>727613715
It's the opposite. Theist arguments can't go far because they aren't based on observable reality. It's like people arguing that bigfoot exists. When it comes time to pony up evidence, you got nothing.

>>727614024
I think the issue becomes whether taking the "leap of faith" to believe something plausible. Though most people, when you ask them, say they don't know. They are either agnostic theists or atheists. However, I think that when it comes to research, spending too much time on, say the Bible and other religions, and less time on science is the wrong decision.
>>
>>727614329

pics so I can be a believer? Maybe the most perfect cock can sway me.
>>
>>727614510
>In other words, why do I have to prove to you that my parents exist? I already know that they do, the burden of proof lies on you in claiming that they do not.
really makes the ole noggin turn, doesn't it?

my parents = real so god is real = batman is real but his parents died??? wtf
>>
>>727614218
Why do i need to specify a god? Im speaking in general not any of the fabricated shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 1087x591px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 1087x591px
>>727614568
my dick is so perfect that the Milky Way galaxy is actually my cum
>>
Muhammad receiving his 'revelation" is just so silly
>>
>>727614327

Theist made the claim first, anon. They need to prove it, but they can't and won't which is why you never see any sources being cited, except maybe from a delusional fanatic.
>>
>>727614495
This is seriously the easiest question in the world to answer.

Your parents are overprotective, they don't let you go outside to play. Therefore they don't love you, correct? They are preventing you from doing something you desire.

So they let you go outside to play, but as you are climbing the tree you fall and break your arm. How could you parents allow that to happen? They do not truly love you after all!

Free will comes with consequences. God could have created remote controlled cars that he controlled completely, or dogs that sometimes obey and sometimes disobey, but when they do you love them anyway. Nobody feels particularly grieved when a robot gets broken the way they do when a pet dies.

God gives people enough freedom to hurt each other. He gives a lot to some people who then don't share. Before blaming God for our problems why not ask what we could be doing better first.
>>
Why would all those people believe in Jesus for 2000 years if it wasn't true?? Serious question. I mean people don't just devote themselves to false shit for no reason. I mean come on why would anyone do that?
>>
>>727612706
Dude you realize that the person making the claim has the burden of proof upon him

You make the case for god. Prove it. Atheists just say "dunno buddy" but you say "there is a god!"

Atheists may refer to scientific explanations for some phenomena, such as evolution for the complexity of life. The burden of proof then is on us, but in that particular case proof is so abundant with a google search I consider an argument on /b/ futile, unless you wish to refute any one particular tenet and discuss that?
>>
>>727614466
Sauce pls on "jesus dont go back"
>>
>>727614805
Wait wait wait, so the suffering in the world has a purpose? It's constructive, teaches us things? Like so wait wait
When I fuck a kid, I'm actually helping him and doing god's werk?
>>
>>727614718

Thanks based anon. I'll be attending church everyday now and will be donating to your gracious cock indefinitely.

May you live to cause further panspermia forever more.
>>
>>727614878
I mean he's not here is he. I don't see him anywhere.

WHAT IF HES ME
>>
>>727614510
That doesn't make sense though.
You don't have to prove you have parents because everyone does. We know parents exist and we can prove with DNA, pictures and other proven methods.
A god is something that has yet to be demonstrated so it is not self-evident. Christians have to provide evidence otherwise, Muslims could come in and say Allah exists and god doesn't and that would be valid, too. (This example sucks though because Muslims and Christians worship the same god.)

If you claim that a god, or unicorns, or Smurfs exist, you have to provide evidence for it.
>>
>>727614561
> to pony up evidence, you got nothing
This is what happens when you talk to an atheist. They have nothing substantial to offer, because they have nothing at all. All they can do is cast doubt on everything anyone says. The grand sum of all atheist logic and reasoning offers literally nothing in the way of supporting evidence toward their own argument.

I can cast doubt all day on whether or not O.J. wore the glove without actually offering anything of value as to who committed the crime.
>>
>>727615008
>They have nothing substantial to offer, because they have nothing at all

That's true for religious people as well. The difference is atheists are honest about it.
>>
>>727615008
But I kinda don't want god to exist. Because I get down to some pretty wild shit when the sun goes down and if I started to believe in god I couldn't do it no more.

Like I gave nyquil to a boy once and fucked his thighs. I still lol when I see him to this day
>>
>>727614647
You need to specify because there are plenty of religious crazies and crazy texts claiming that their god is the one true god.

Christianity, for example.

And if you are speaking about gods, and you are, then you are talking about fabricated shit. They are ALL fabricated.
>>
File: 865141442-EpicurusPOE.jpg (317KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
865141442-EpicurusPOE.jpg
317KB, 1600x1200px
>>727614805

Religious folk always need to come up with weak arguments as to why their all loving god allows his creations to suffer, when he could just as easily make suffering go away.

No god is benevolent.
>>
>>727615140
My gigantic penis is the One True God
>>
>>727614812
>ppl dont just devote themselves for no reason
hahaha what are you 12? of course ppl do....ppl are ignorant and in search of answers, even moreso back then...............some senior figures are saying a god did all this and will be vengeful if youre bad..................shit better be good
and what about today.............no eveidence of such being but ppl dedicate themselves to various religions just because other ppl say so
>>
>>727608192
>why'd he want us to read his journal

you DO know that no part of the Bible, or any other known text, was written by Jesus... right?
>>
>>727615008
There is more evidence than their is of a "god"
>>
>>727614754
>Every "prophet" ever invented receiving his 'revelation" is just so silly

FTFY
>>
I don't know about god but I really REALLY want to honor the guy who invented heelies. Those rule.

>>727615194
I was being sarcastic retard get with the posting plan
>>
>>727614519
>proof
you mean you dont believe a small jewish man died for your sins and ascended to space with his magically space dad after being dead for 3 days?
>>
>>727614812
fear of death
childhood indoctrination
the temptation to prefer a bad answer to no answer at all
etc
>>
>>727614812
Fear of death, champ. It is the bedrock of the religion business.
>>
>>727615239
thank you

but its so sad. all these muslims are living a lie, but if that is what makes my parents happy, i won't deny them that
>>
>>727615273
I mean yea, when you put it like that, it sounds kinda bitchin'
Maybe I don't need proof after all

>>727615318
And here's idiot #2
>>
File: Planet_X.jpg (426KB, 1010x1291px) Image search: [Google]
Planet_X.jpg
426KB, 1010x1291px
>>727607643
The Traveling Planet is real.
>>
>>727612984
I'm an atheist and I can easily accept the argument if an unmoved mover. That there is something that is outside of time (and since time only exists as part of space time, then also outside of space). What that something is? I have no idea. I only believe that it has absolutely nothing to do with anything that any human culture refers to as "God". But if you want to say there is a god because your definition of god is the unmoved mover and nothing more than that, by all means, that's fine, that "god" might actually exists.

My biggest problem with religious people making that argument is that they don't understand that from this very minimalistic notion of "god" that I could accept no other of the characteristics that they attribute to their god can be derived. That needs additional argument. And the idea that a "god" creates a universe with 100s of billions of galaxies with 100s of billions of stars each with likely each having multiple planets for the purpose (first problem: suggesting purpose, which is not included to a god I could concede to as described above) of Tim teabow doing well in the NFL is so removed from reality imho that i struggle to understand how anyone could believe that shit
>>
There's a reason it's called The Greatest Story Ever Told. Enjoyed Christmas much lately? YW atheists for that one too. Maybe you should humble yourself in prayer for a while and change your ways. Fuck Boys
>>
I am God.
>>
>>727614976
Maybe? We got genes of him i think so.
>>
>>727608937
No. Psychedelics are a false promise, a red herring. You think the experience is profound; and the insights you receive are transcendendent, but nothing could be further from the truth.

In much the same way that alcoholics believe themselves to be the life of the party no matter how clearly there peers find their behaviour boorish; psychedelic drug users seem completely unaware of how asinine actual philosophers find their "insights".

I'm not saying dont do drugs, just dont expect it to be a gateway to a higher plain of understanding. Its just a chemical, its a gateway to nothing more than a fun time.
>>
Sorry to break it to you theists, but if you'd been dead for three days, you're staying dead.

The fact that religious folk think its possible to rise from the dead after three days is enough to dismiss anything they say on the matter.
>>
Jesus came in my face the other night, I got his cum saved. I asked him how episode 8 was gonna be and he was like "MEH"
>>
>>727608756
I agree with the first part of your statement, however to assume that god "doesn't give a fuck" is a little shortsighted. We may be insignificant in the grand scale of the universe, but I choose to believe that any force capable of affecting the universe is "cared about" or at least known by the Great Calculator in the Sky.
>>
>>727615008
Atheism is simply not believing in a god, so your argument isn't really making sense here.

Atheists have no positive claim, they reject a claim from others. You claim there is wizard. I reject wizard because you have no evidence.

Atheists have nothing to prove, because they don't claim anything. They reject your claim of the existence of god.

So again, you need to prove Yahweh exists with evidence, otherwise I'm not going to believe. It's like the Loch Ness monster. You wouldn't believe someone if they popped up and said that without pics or a fin or something. That's basically what atheists are doing. We need a fin of god before we can accept the claim.
>>
>>727615352
>thank you
>but its so sad. all these religious people are living a lie, but if that is what makes my parents happy, i won't deny them that

FTFY again
>>
>>727615539
someone didn't read the bible... awkward...
>>
>>727613352
There is literally no reason for Jesus to ever have existed outside stories of him that were written down for the first time over hundred years after his alleged death, which also contradict themselves, that are very removed from anything acceptable for a historian.

Please, by all means, happy to reconsider if you give me some of the evidence you talk about.
>>
>>727615451

That's more probable than any god that has ever been invented, at least you're making yourself known.
>>
>>727615608
The evidence you seek was in your heart all along, buddy
>>
>>727615575

thanks bro, i'm smoking shisha rn and cba to make my sentences any more literate
>>
>>727612984

It's only a paradox because it goes against our human intuitions. It seems paradoxical that light is both a particle and a wave. It seems paradoxical that empty space is a flexible fabric. The problem is that our brains evolved to hunt and gather not to understand the exotic mechanics of the universe.
>>
>>727615660

No evidence? Typical.
>>
>>727615451
hey god
>>
>>727615788
umm yes it's in your heart
we've been over this
>>
>>727615451
Tell me about your cawk. Big cawk?
>>
>>727607643
Your mom
>>
>>727615916

Opinion discarded.

Come back when you have proof.
>>
>>727614254
I hate to hear that my friend. Best of luck.
>>
>>727616008
i have proof
and so do you
in
you're
heart
>>
>>727616114

Blood?
No... the cholesterol.
>>
>>727607643
Don't insult your own intellect, of course there is no magical being in the sky. What a silly question.
>>
>>727616159
heart
>>
File: BxlB_FGCAAAmf9i~2.jpg (27KB, 314x416px) Image search: [Google]
BxlB_FGCAAAmf9i~2.jpg
27KB, 314x416px
>>727615922

Not god, but I am his left nut and I can confirm that his shit is not to be messed with.

It will Fuck You Up.
>>
>>727615480
Ah i can understand that. It is a chemical afterall. But maybe there could be a deeper meaning
>>
If god really was omniscient, he would send every person on earth refutable evidance that he is real and that if they want heaven they'd better start praying, because Quran, Torah, or the Bible are clearly not enough
>>
regarding emptiness:
>>Plato was discoursing on his theory of ideas and, pointing to the cups on the table before him, said while there are many cups in
the world, there is only one ‘idea’
of a cup, and this cupness precedes the existence of all particular cups. “I can see the
cup on the table,” interrupted Diogenes, “but I can’t see the ‘cupness’.”
>>"That's because you have the eyes to see the cup," said Plato, "but", tapping his head with his forefinger, "you don't have the intellect
with which to comprehend ‘cupness’.”
Diogenes walked up to the table, examined a cup and, looking inside, asked, "Is it empty?"
Plato nodded. “Where is the ‘emptiness’
which precedes this empty cup?” asked Diogenes.
>>Plato allowed himself a few moments to collect his thoughts, but Diogenes reached over and, tapping Plato's head with his finger, said “I think you will find here is the ‘emptiness’.”
>>
>>727614327
>>727614519

If your position is that a supernatural event happened and my position is that a supernatural event didn't happen, we are not on equal footing philosophically.

First you have to prove that supernatural events are possible, which you can't. Then you have to prove that this specific supernatural event happened, which you can't. And then you need to prove that this supernatural event has the significance you say it does -- i.e. Jesus' resurrection means he magically took the world's sins away.

In other words you have a lot of work ahead of you.
>>
>>727616315
nice pastejob brah
>>
>>727616344
but god tells you it's true
>>
>>727615608
I'm a historian and this is accurate. There is no actual contemporary evidence for Jesus. The claims all come supposedly 20 years after he died.

Also, don't you think it is equally interesting that some traveling trader didn't write about rumors of a man walking on water and turning water to wine? You'd think someone would have written about a magical jew performing amazing miracles, but no one ever did.

>>727616255
Your heart pumps blood. That's it. It does no thinking.
>>
>>727616431
>Your heart pumps blood. That's it. It does no thinking.
WRONG
>>
>>727616344

this.
>>
>>727616461
Evidence?
>>
>>727616514
in your heart
>>
>>727616461

yes, whatever you're about to say is indeed wrong, kind anon.
>>
>>727616564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0
>>
>>727616549

BTFO. This poor sap can't even think up a proper argument, and his brain seems to be on autopilot, he can't seem to type anything but those specific words.
>>
>>727615660
But for what?
Jesus? Buddha? Mohammad? Thor?

I really like Zeus.
>>
>>727616722
you idiot
i dont believe in god
im just trolling and getting Yous and everyones responding to me and im literally bathing in yous
see heres one >>727616800
what is wrong with you people
>>
>>727616673

ba bum ba bum ba bum

What's supposed to be happening?
>>
no such thing as a god.

my opinion based on what i know, is that our universe came from a higher, unstable state, which was the big bang. you can think of this as a tub: when the plug is in, the water will stay. if you take the plug out, the water goes to a more stable state - down.

this is current theory in quantum mechanics - our universe itself is believed to be in a "metastable" state, i.e., it may not be the true low either. if a vacuum metastability event occurs then our universe will be destroyed, originating from a point in the universe and spreading at the speed of light. all matter will be sucked "down" into the more stable state - another big bang into another universe.

as to where it all began.. it's impossible to know.
>>
>>727616833

You can't back out once you've been called out, friend.

Just leave with your tail between your legs.
>>
i know how it began
god made us and evrything and hes in our hearts
>>
File: 1490831530125.gif (2MB, 305x244px) Image search: [Google]
1490831530125.gif
2MB, 305x244px
Look at this gif.
There is no god
>>
>>727617006
lol i dont believe in god, i was just trolling
i guess you cna pretend i secretly do and you won the Argument of Arguments but you've just been answering my stupid posts
im gonna go watch Anne of Green Gables im bored here!!!!
>>
>>727617089
she... she's beautiful
>>
I believe in a God. Jesus I'm skeptical about. I believe in the big bang and evolution because I'm not a dipshit. But I do believe in a Higher Power. I reckon I'd go crazy if I didn't. I don't think he plays us like the Sims (predetermination is bs I think). I think our purpose is to positively impact/help as many of our fellow human beings as we can. All else is secondary.
>>
>>727617174
this is the dumbest shit i ever heard
>>
ANNE SHIRLEY WHY THATS A FINE NAME
>>
>>727617174
this is /b/ so it's probably b8

. . . but if it isn't, you are a good guy, Anon.
>>
>>727617089
I need to visit fit real quick.

brb squats and push ups i must do
>>
i need some hot nudes
>>
Since life and existence (Origins) is beyond any explanation, we attribute everything to God and that he exists and the explanation for all of life and existence

Since science provides explanations for all life and existence (Origins), we attribute everything to Man and that that only Man exists where God does not exist

The idea of God comes from Man, hence man made God, but because the attributes of God being the creator, makes the idea that God made Man, hence the creator of the creator is us. All this theory is indefinite and infinite loop or paradox
>>
We want to think we are significant, but look at the galaxy, and all the other galaxies, and the universe as a whole. If a God exists, do you think one of his concerns are that there is a carbon based life form (carbon is the most common element, and has the most bonds so it would be the easiest element to build from) that is floating around on a tiny planet with probably a million different species? "Oh wow these animals can talk and build cars this is the best thing i ever made"

I understand religion, and the idea of gods, but its human nature to think we are the biggest deal ever.
>>
>>727617334
Not b8. Just a moment of honesty
>>
>>727615379
How much fear and destruction would arise if the first "aliens" we encountered were actually just more humans. Billions of seeds with the exact same DNA spread across the entire universe
>>
>>727615449
>story
>>
>>727607643

no god

the universe exists though, or rather existence is happening, and it has rules, so that's as close to a god as we can get
>>
>>727617174
Im almost the same way, except i don't believe in god. Life is just random aberration that happens. Our consciousness is nothing more than chemical impulses.

There is no meaning to life, except when you provide your own. Everyone is capable of having their own meaning of life, do with it what you will
>>
>>727607643
>>
I think that God and the idea of Gods or supernatural forces in general emerged due to a basic human emotion called fear, specifically fear of the unknown. Today we live in a world that is VERY much more advanced in terms of science and technology than it was thousands of years ago. We are able to understand and explain much more compared to ancient times when religion started to emerge. You have to understand that back then people didn't know the simplest things such as the fact that the earth is round. They couldn't understand or explain the simplest natural phenomena such as rain or earthquakes. Heavy rainfalls and earthquakes destroyed people's livelihoods, destroyed their crops etc. Can you imagine how scary this must have been to these primitive people? This again brings us back to human's fear of the unknown and the need to rationalize such events. Inventing Gods, religions, rituals etc., was the only way that people could explain these events and comfort themselves.
>>
>>727607643

You can't ask people if they "think" God is real OP. God is religion and all religion works on "believe", not "thinking".

As for where we came from, science is working on that. In a year, the JWT will launch and will peer further than any human has seen before (beyond visible light). The further you can see the universe, the further you look back in time. Obviously, it's impossible to know what happened before mass expansion of space...but nothing makes any sense so far.

The universe has a beginning (big bang) a middle (where we're currently at) and an end (expansion at light speed where it will tear itself apart). Common sense tells you everything INSIDE the universe is born and dies, but the very universe itself is insane.

We're missing a big piece of the puzzle. Whatever is really going on is fucking huge.
>>
>>727621636
>>
>>727608582
/x/ go back to sleep
>>
>>727616904
Thx for your insight bro worth the read
>>
>>727607643
god is in your head. inside your head, god exists. the trouble comes when you mistake that real 'god' for some bullshit someone else tried to impress you with.
>>
>>727609591
You're retarded.
>>
>>727624389
>>
>>727614979
>because Muslims and Christians worship the same god
no, they don't. muslim god says: "kill your enemies.", christian god says:"love your enemy"
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.