[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly /b/, is global warming real or just a load of bull??

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 2015-06-21-niles-i.jpg (403KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-21-niles-i.jpg
403KB, 1920x1200px
Honestly /b/, is global warming real or just a load of bull??
>>
Majority of scientists globally say man made climate change is real and is a problem.
>>
It's real. Humanity has fucked this planet.
>>
>>727249124
no the earth's environment is static and hasn't changed since god separated the ocean and the air 5000yrs ago.
>>
>>727249124
It's real and it needs to be dealt with.
>>
It's really honest god to hard to say because the invention of cars and in general "global warming" started to co-exist at around the same, which I don't believe is related as much as people think. The earth has warming and cooling cycles and I think it's a high possibility of Global Warming which is much smaller then we believe and it's only magnified because we're in the middle of a warming cycle.
>>
It's real and ole Donnie boy and the Recucklicans don't give a fuck
>>
>>727249668
I also feel I should clarify that I do believe in Global Warming, but I believe it's not as bad as we all believe.
>>
>>727249882
Nobody has a clue how bad it actually is. The whole point is it's different than things have been and shit is already changing as a result. All we know about the habitable conditions of our planet is what we've already had for the entirety of our existence and its dangerous to just assume it'll be okay. Any deviation from the climates were used to could be no big deal or a massive fuck up. Since we don't know for sure doesn't it make sense to play it safe and try to keep things from changing too much?
>>
File: Photo Sep 20, 12 09 27 AM.jpg (113KB, 330x569px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Sep 20, 12 09 27 AM.jpg
113KB, 330x569px
>>727249124
It's real. Venus and Mars are both amazing examples of the extremes earth could go if we let it...
>>
>>727249124

The Earth is unequivocally getting warmer in two ways: (1) through the urban heat island effect, i.e., concrete, metal, and asphalt absorb more of the sun's heat, and burning fossil fuels releases trapped energy previously stored in the earth's crust, and (2) there is a very slight increase in temperature, detected by satellites measuring the ocean, far removed from such impacts.

The cause of (2) is a mixture of factors, which includes the emission of greenhouse gasses to some degree, and is also part of a greater warming trend that has been occurring since before we were releasing large amounts of carbon dioxide.

In addition, the period with the greatest rise in carbon dioxide (~1940-1970s) was accompanied with a slight decrease in actual temperature (not even counting heat island effect).

Long story short: there is no legitimate reason to hit the emergency button on carbon dioxide and spend trillions of dollars to stop using fossil fuels, but saying global warming isn't happening makes you sound like a jackass.
>>
>>727249668
Are you pubescent?
>>
>>727250309
Well put!
>>
The past 2 winters have been in the 70s during some days here in VA. You tell me if that's normal.
>>
>>727250309
We are at 400 ppm for carbon, some of the highest in recorded history. It will have negative effects on human health.
>>
>>727250453
The weather has been shit here in VA, too cold for me
>>
>>727250453
We're also getting a foot+ of snow in March in NY, that tells me nothing
>>
>>727250309
You are correct anon. Now watch as no one pays attention to your wisdoms.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that most of our ocean temp readings come from merchant ships engine intakes.
Not the most accurate of measurements to begin with; the fact they've been "adjusted" by climate scientists just makes the whole "world's coming to an end; fire up the carbon taxes!" thing just a bit more bullshit.

Factor in again! That our data is 150 years old at best. Which isn't even a blink of an eye, as far as the age of the earth is concerned.
Let's take it one step further again! There's been a warming trend for the past 15000 years.
Do you think the cave man should have stopped making fires because the world was warming?

Lastly, follow the money. Who's pushing the agenda the hardest? And how much money do they stand to lose if the public opinion shifts to a different avenue of study?
>>
Yes the earth is warming up. Do to burning fossil fuels mostly.
>>
global warming isn't going to affect your local weather in such a short span you retards
>>
>>727250848
exactly why i question it
>>
>>727249124
Its a real problem but its blown way out of proportion. The Earth is not going to be an apocalyptic wasteland in 25 years.
>>
>>727249124
It depends. If it's a scientific question, then it's a real measurable phenomenon that's been understood for decades and quantified and peer reviewed in the competitive global arena for a coons age.

If it's not a scientific question, then believe whatever your richest, most handsome politicians tell you.

So, how does one determine if a question is a scientific one? Does it make testable, repeatable, quantifiable claims about the world?
>>
>>727250819
You've also had 70 degree winter days. Tell me anon, how many times has this occurred in the past?
>>
>>727249124
Real and a very dangerous problem, though the world probably wont realize this until it is far, far too late to fix.
>>
>>727249124
No, and the earth is not a globe.
>>
File: C8C3PEsVYAA4qLo.jpg (101KB, 900x1021px) Image search: [Google]
C8C3PEsVYAA4qLo.jpg
101KB, 900x1021px
Global warming is real, it made club penguin disappear.
>>
>>727252190
hahah this post wins
>>
>>727249124
If enough people farted enough times a day, the whole earth will smell like farts. Farts don't go away.
Same goes with smoke and shit; it doesn't just float to outer space never to be seen again, it just mixes with this ocean of air we call atmosphere.
If all 7 billion of us were Indians, the whole ocean will be our loo and we'll fill it with poo in no time. It is not like the poo will just float away never to come back.
>>
>>727250848
The ice caps are melting and sea levels are rising at rates that are not natural, the only reason people don't do anything to stop it is because corporations and regulations don't mix well, at least, not without cutting a small amount out of their all important "Thailand Underage Ladyboy Retreat" fund.
>>
>>727251344
In 100 though...
>>
Yall don't even understand causes of global warming, and wanna harp in and state how to stop it, or state how bad it is. Educate yourself on this stuff, look it up. It's real...but not for the reasons given as a major standpoint. The biggest proof they use is sea-level. And there is way more reasoning for the sea-level rise than just fossil fuel polluting the air. oh no greenhouse gasses!
>>
>>727250674

See but here's the thing. Humans are too smart to die. We are the superior being. I'm not saying this in a subjective way (well, everything is subjective, but shut up), humans have conquered this fuckin planet. We evolve and adapted to some serious shit. The ice age killed the mammoths, but not us. While The CO2 will definitely affect our health, we will find some way to counteract and prevail, as always.

Long story short, global warming is real, we are causing it, but we will not die any time soon.
>>
While climate change is a scientific fact, "global warming" is clever propaganda for donations.
>>
File: berniesanders.jpg (73KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
berniesanders.jpg
73KB, 594x396px
>>727249124
The debate on this is over. Climate change is real, it is caused by human activity, and it has already had disastrous consequences on the environment.
>>
>>727252746
It is exactly this kind of arrogance that is going to get us wiped off the face of the planet.
>>
File: IMG_4493.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4493.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>727249124
The earth has gone through different climates for millions of years. We can't change that. Humans have not existed long enough to garner a proper gauge as to if we are even responsible. Taxing carbon 'emissions' achieves nothing. The only thing that is for sure is that my dick belongs in Emma Watson booty.
>>
>>727253301
Climate change being caused by humans is grossly overrated, but keep drinking the liberal media koolaid. Humans have little to no control over it.
>>
>>727253301
It's real as your dad comes to your room tonight and deploys his penis.
>>
>>727249390
>scientists
Stopped reading there
>>
>>727253702
Why would liberals make up climate change?
>>
>>727253899
Whom would you rather listen to, dubslord?
>>
Really? Maybe for you to let them move more tax dollars into funds, and get more donation money to give you the same answer with the same exact findings they been giving for 20 years? Lol
>>
>>727253899
>scientists
>Stopped reading there

you were never reading to begin with
>>
>>727253341
Were humans responsible for the first ice age in which we had to sleep in dinosaur pussys to survive the night? No. But if there was someone to tax us for it, we would have paid out the wooly ass.
>>
>>727253959
Taxes. It's so simple.
>>
Everybody knows climate change is a hoax masterminded by china to enslave the white man
>>
>>727249668
Dumb as fuck. The "cycles" you're talking about range around +/- 0.7 degrees Celsius for the average global temperature and are separate from global warming. Global warming accounts for about a 1 degree Celsius change in the average global temperature
>>
>>727249499
Youre a nigger loving jew
>>
>>727253341
>arrogance
It's called the will to survive. You fight to live. Mother Nature is trying to kill you. Adapt, survive, thrive. To be fair, she pulled the first punch. Remember that.
>>
>>727253702
>dig up assloads of carbon
>introduce it too the atmosphere
>return CO2 levels to Jurassic times
>completely helpless
>>
>>727254924
god won't let us die that easy
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.