[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you quit smoking yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

Why haven't you quit smoking yet?
>>
>>726757599
Checkd
And because I can't.
>>
Why do you care?
>>
>>726757599

Because I stopped giving a fuck.

If cancer wants to take me down, so be it
>>
File: IMG_0248.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0248.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
Do you know what a shit thread is?
>>
>>726757758

Answering with a question does not work in this situation.

>>726757688
Checkd

I did. Why can't you?
>>
>>726757599
I have so, STFU
>>
Less time to job. Deal with it
>>
>>726757599

Theres an experiment going on in New Zealand. Every year, for the next ten years, they are going to jack up the tax on a pack of smokes. Today a twenty pack costs $20, when they are done they will cost $100.

People still smoke though. Whats worse is thieves break into corner shops just to steal smokes, as they are small and worth a lot
>>
Juggling here spreading some clown love. Ciggiez and monster make a good ass day.
>>
>>726757903
Different situations, mindsets, right now I just can't stop smoking, and I won't, yet.
>>
File: Fuck off Lahey.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off Lahey.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>726757881

Any thread with you in it HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>726757950
I'd move the fuck out of New Zealand if I lived there.
>>
>>726757599
havent polished off the last of my bagged tobacco yet

i didnt get addicted to it like all the other instable personalities that i work with in the service industry so i decided to try it once and am now going to quit while im ahead
>>
>>726758046
Get the fuck out of here you autistic clown loving faggot with your "ciggiez" like your a goddamn 12 year old.
>>
>>726757688

Have you tried and failed? At what point did you start smoking again?

When you know the trigger that started you smoking again, then you might be able to avoid it next time
>>
Because it feels really good.
>>
>>726757599
Because I wasnt dumb enough to start smoking in the first place
>>
>>726758136

Its a paradise down here mate, and soon very few smokers too. Theres still plenty of potheads and pissheads though
>>
>>726757599
I'd quick if I knew I wouldn't become an obnoxious cunt like you.
>>
>>726757599
Because im gonna give my cancer cancer
>>
File: FeelsSickMan.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsSickMan.png
44KB, 657x527px
>>726758228

Yes but I imagine cancer does not.
>>
>>726758168
Hook, line and sinker
>>
>>726758317
>and soon very few smokers too
So why do I care? I don't want to pay twenty dollars for a fucking pack.
>>
File: smoking-kills.jpg (22KB, 468x311px) Image search: [Google]
smoking-kills.jpg
22KB, 468x311px
>>726757599
considering there are places with a huge-fuck SMOKING KILLS and other various things to that effect (all blatant "you're going to fucking die" things) covering a third of the box and people still smoke, it turns out that people don't care enough to stop/they're addicted as shit and can't bring themselves to stop
>>
File: 666.png (95KB, 254x226px) Image search: [Google]
666.png
95KB, 254x226px
>>726758347

Always looking inward, anon.

Admit it. You're too weak.
>>
I already did. 3 years without a fag, faggot.
>>
>>726757599
>Quit smoking a year ago
This video, demonstrates the horrible sounds your throat can make after smoking for years. Quite sad. Listening is all the inspiration you need
https://youtu.be/IApQaVyNl7w
>>
>>726757599
it makes me look like a total badass, and gets
teenage girls wet to see me smoke.
>>
>>726757599
I have
>>
>>726758399

Yeah, but you aren't guaranteed to get cancer if you smoke. I don't have any cancers in my family, we're not disposed to getting it. And they all smoked(because it was earlier in the century and most people used to smoke).

That also doesn't guarantee i wont get cancer, but it's a pretty good bet i wont.
>>
>>726758520

Good for you, faggot :)))
>>
>>726758480

Thats the whole point. No one wants to pay that price. So you quit or you GTFO
>>
>>726758628

Its a pretty good bet youre going to get a chronic cough and reduced lung capacity though
>>
>>726758505
I admit it anon. I am weak, that's why I want to die faster than you non-smokers. Why is that so important to you anyway?
>>
>>726758652
Albeit a good way to eradicate smokers, that just seems fucking ridiculous. Are they doing the same with bagged tobacco?
>>
Can't quit if you never started
>>
>>726757599
Because I'm alcoholic in early recovery and right now I need to hold on to nicotine as a vice or i'll lose my shit.
>>
>>726758774

Yeah, that's true. But i'm willing to pay that for the pleasure i get from using it.

You also pay for eating lots of delicious food that's bad for you.

And you pay for drinking lots of alcohol.

You don't pay much for using marijuana, gotta give it credit for that.

But people do all these things and consider the trade off worth it.
>>
except I have.

February 3rd, 2015 was my last smoke. Best decision I've made for myself in a long time.
>>
>>726757599
just started again
>>
>>726757903
I used to smoke a pack and a half a day got to the point where I got a pipe then I felt like it owned me. I'm not addicted to anything but coffee now. I have a deviated septum from my dad beating the shit out of me so I smoke occasionally to help my sinus like 6 smokes a week
>>
Older anonymity here.

Smoked for 20 years and quit 4 months ago on chantix.
>>
>>726758842

Yup. About an ounce is $50 right now, but they will increase the tax on that too every year
>>
File: Smug.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.png
53KB, 200x200px
>>726758974

>I'm young and invincible
>>
>>726759162

Does "paying for it" sound like i think i'm invincible?
>>
>>726759156
Looks like I'm growing my own tobacco then
>>
>>726759211

sounds like excuses.
>>
>>726759279

I am not saying "i would quit, but", i am saying "I don't want to quit". That's not an excuse, it's a desire.
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37KB, 466x349px
>>726757599
Because Im still alive.
>>
>>726759211
How long have you smoked for?

There's no way someone can truly understand the repercussions of smoking and not want to quit, unless they think it won't happen to them
>>
>>726759345

It's better to be an excuse maker than an idiot.
>>
>>726758974

Is it a pleasure though? Or does the withdrawl irritate you, so when you get your fix it feels like pleasure because the itch goes away.

Addiction is a funny thing. You'll convince yourself in any which way you can that youre doing the right thing by feeding the habit.

Its all fun and games until you want to stop and find out you cant.
>>
>>726759416

About 4 years total. I'm 30 now. Got addicted to it when i was like 23, then smoked for a couple of years, quit just to see if i could, then picked it back up 2 years ago.

I was fully unaddicted when i picked it back up, although i suspect you wont believe that.

I found the quitting process really enjoyable. Because i'm masochistic. Was fucking aaaaaagony. Really enjoyed the 6 months of depression it caused.

Sort of looking forward to doing it again at some point.

But right now, still just enjoying the euphoria and anxiety relief.
>>
Im too much of a coward to kill myself through anything other than slowly giving myself lung cancer. also working on liver cancer
>>
>>726759651

Yes, it is pleasure. Not sure why nobody talks about that. I guess because most people are ashamed of using cigarettes, so they try to make it seem like it's all pain and they were idiots for doing it.

It causes euphoria. It's small amount of euphoria. Like, you get more from alcohol, and marijuana is definitely more "fun". But nonetheless the euphoria is there.
>>
>>726757599
I did. now I chew.....
>>
>>726759899

I smoked for many many years so I do understand where youre coming from, but I dont think people go out in the rain to smoke because it makes them feel euphoric. I think they go out in the rain because they are addicted and it seems like the only way to sooth the itch
>>
Smoked for 15 years and quit.

You would be very surprised how much of a grip nicotine has on you.
>>
>>726757599
but I did!! since october 7th 2016
>>
I have, 7 months free from cigs right now
>>
Who is this directed towards? Because I certainly don't smoke.
>>
>>726760298

Well, i am addicted to it, i aint gonna pretend i'm not, so if i go for a long time without one, it does become uncomfortable because i am addicted to it.

But most of the time i can choose to have one just because i want one, and at those times i'm doing it just for the euphoria.
>>
>>726757599
because I never started ey
>>
>>726757599
But I prevailed!
>>
fun FACT:

Despite the draconian laws and taxation passed via anti smoking hysteria that has resulted in eliminating 99 percent of the publics exposure to second hand smoke.

a grand total of ZERO of every single illness attributed to second smoke has seen a decrease, and have all seen a continuation or INCREASE since.

anything... simply anything to the contrary is a LIE.
>>
>>726757599
cuz i got nobody to live for
>>
no real reason to.

i don't smokme much anyways, unless i'm driving i mostly use a vape every now and then, with a minimal nicotine level
>>
>>726757950
>We are going to tax these until you turn to thievery to support your habit. It is for your own good.

>Sits on giant pile of money.

Shit's either legal or it ain't.
>>
Because I'm way more likely to get killed by a bullet where I am than by cancer. On top of that, my child does nothing but scream at me when I get home, my wife just bitches and spends all my fucking money, then says she's "not feeling it tonight". Which is bullshit because it's been over half a fucking year.

Goddamnit...I need a fuckin smoke...
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.